antifeminism evil human females evil sexy ladies female beep boop gender swap mantrum men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA reddit

Professional women could kill men for fun and “would prob get away with it,” MRA warns

Woman doctor, possibly contemplating murder
Woman doctor, possibly contemplating murder

So a little over a week ago, a drunken idiot in Miami attacked an Uber driver and trashed his car after being refused a ride. A video of the incident quickly went viral on YouTube; so far, it’s racked up more than five million views.

To the denizens of the Men’s Rights subreddit, this is somehow a Men’s Rights issue.

Because, you see, the drunken idiot in question was … a woman! And not just any woman — a young, thin, conventionally attractive woman who happens to be a fourth-year neurology resident a local hospital, and who also, apparently, happens to remind more than a few MRAs of every woman who’s ever turned them down for a date.

The headline given to the Men’s Rights subreddit post on the subject was basically catnip for angry misogynists: “Bratty rich doctor gets drunk and makes a huge fool of herself trashing Uber car, assaulting the driver then gets off when Police arrive.”

Naturally, the Mens Rights Redditors are furious that the woman — who’s been suspended from her job — isn’t going to spend the rest of her life in jail, because the “white knight” Uber driver decided not to press charges.

“Reverse the genders,” one commenter sniffs, “and [the charge] would be attempted murder.”

Actually, if you reverse the gender of the assailant, it would be misdemeanor assault and misdemeanor public intoxication. At least that’s what one drunken man was charged with after his much more violent assault on an Uber driver last November. Video of that assault got less than a tenth of the number of views the “bratty rich doctor” video got.

And that earlier video didn’t inspire anyone to vomit up an angry wall-o-text attack like this:

Ovendice 20 points 4 days ago* Welcome to the 21st Century Female. I'm surprised there aren't hundreds of videos like this because this is how most women behave now. Because of the work I do (I've been doing corporate sales for almost a decade now) I have to deal with women, professional women at that, and most all of them are like this. Doctor's offices, dentist offices, hospitals, attorney's firms, insurance companies, real estate companies and on and on and these are supposed to be the 'best' women. Lol No, they're the worst; in fact the higher their status the more HORRENDOUS they are. It's that exact same level of insane arrogance that says, "I'm untouchable. I can say and do anything I want and no one can do anything about. Even if I'm just a secretary, but if I have a better job than you? I am GOD and you are an ant. And if you're male and you get into ANY kind of disagreement with me at all, I'll just call the police and say you were harassing me because anytime there is a dispute between a male and a female the male is INSTANTLY blamed and attacked and removed, as we've seen in those videos experimenting with a couple fighting in public. And of course because of VAWA. Hell, most of the time cops aren't even necessary, there's usually 5 white knights ready to jump right in and beat you to a pulp if you so much as smart off to a female. Meanwhile she can treat you and talk to you like a piece of shit, assault you, even kill you if she wanted to and would prob get away with it, thus why she calls the man a piece of shit in the video. And the very fact that men can do nothing to defend themselves or even complain is why she's doing it- she's untouchable and she is getting off on her power. In a way though, she IS right, he and most men ARE 'pathetic pieces of shit' because most men have ALLOWED it to get this bad, not even caring about their own rights! This of course is a direct result of 50 years of Feminism and ZERO accountability: THIS is what a Feminist looks and ACTS like!

Welcome to the 21st Century Female indeed.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

It will be fun to watch MRA heads explode in rage if Secretary Clinton wins the election and becomes the leader of the free world. They may have to flee the country in droves since they hate women in authority so much.

dhag85
dhag85

A strange and moving thing happened today, on my way home from my volunteer work.

I went to the trams after work, and on the platform a guy came up to me. Fairly young, tall, black dude. He asked if I just came from the volunteer group and I said yeah. Then he introduced himself, said his parents moved to Sweden (based on his name I’m guessing from Eritrea or Ethiopia) before he was born, so he was born a Swedish citizen. About 15 years ago, the family had moved to Syria for work.

His Swedish was good, not perfect, since he had grown up in Syria and spent most of his life there. When the situation in Syria became too unstable, the family had simply thanked their lucky stars they had Swedish passports, and moved back here again.

He gave me one of the tightest hugs of my life and thanked me for helping “[his] people” in these times. This is 2 days after a teenage refugee stabbed a worker to death in a shelter, 30 minutes from the platform where we stand, waiting for the tram.

Things will get better soon, right?

Paradoxical Intention

dhag85 | January 27, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Sorry if I’ve missed something here, but what’s the evidence that this woman is a feminist?

Did they, once again, forget that they’re supposed to pretend as if they don’t mean “all women” when they say “feminists”?

Ah, but see, she’s a bad woman. She did bad things. Therefore, she’s a feminist.

Because all bad women are feminists. And all feminists are bad women who want to murder and abuse men.

Kat
Kat

@dhag85
Aww. Made me tear up.

Stay strong.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@dhag,

That’s lovely 🙂 People are awful, but they are also amazing. Things will get better if we keep working at it.

weirwoodtreehugger

Just as David found peak reddit yesterday, I think we’ve found peak white brogressivism as well!

First he does this

A Channel 12 News reporter, Monique Griego, stopped Harris on his way out of the meeting. “How did this meeting fix anything?” her cameraman asked. “It doesn’t fix anything,” Harris replied. “We’re on a pathway now to making things better.” Griego thanked him and moved on to speak to someone else.

Harris then turned to the New Times reporter and said, “Nice tits.” Then, he said it again. (The New Times has audio.)

Then he has a meltdown that looks pretty damn similar to the meltdowns our sealion trolls have from time to time

Asked on Wednesday what he would do to combat sexism as well as racism, Harris lost his mind. “I’m going to slash my wrists,” he said. “Better yet, I’m going to throw myself out of a fucking window, except I’m on the first floor…I’m one of the best goddamned people in the state.”

“I’ve given up my law practice. I’m down here six, seven days a week. That’s what my commitment is. I support NOW, the women’s organization—goddamn!—are you shitting me? Are you going to write this up?”

weirwoodtreehugger

Was it WTF Price or someone else who was here a few months ago saying that many women he knows in his liberal leaning city self identify as feminists. But they’re nice and don’t hate men, therefore they must not be feminists even though they identify themselves as such. Because feminists are bad. Therefore a woman he likes can’t be a feminist.

Such is the logic of manospherians.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@dlouwe:

[…] Trudeau’s 50/50 gender split cabinet didn’t end sexism in Canada. Role-reversal in a single scenario doesn’t mean anything if you ignore the underlying systems.

Well, you could make an argument that by explicitly selecting an even gender split and by being public about doing it and why, he’s drawing attention to the underlying systems rather than ignoring them. It’s a symbolic gesture, at least.

And of course it’s not going to end sexism in Canada. But part of the idea, much like ‘affirmative action’ programs, is that this sort of thing helps to normalize having women in such positions. As long as it’s kept up, over time it may become more common to do this sort of thing, and more women may get involved.

It will take generations (it’s taken generations to get this far), and some people will have to be dragged kicking and screaming all the way, but the very fact that someone who could be elected Prime Minister was willing to do that was a positive step.

Maybe I just feel like finding what rare nuggets I can sift out of human nature today. I just got a call from my University Alumni Association asking for donations, which this time were being explicitly put towards the He For She campaign, focusing on women’s university scholarships and improved programs down to elementary school. The poor student making the calls was almost depressingly surprised and happy that I agreed to contribute, making me suspect that she’d got some rather nasty comments earlier on in this particular set of calls.

dlouwe
dlouwe

@Jenora Feuer

Oh yes, I wasn’t trying to imply that Trudeau was ignoring the underlying system when he made his appointments, but more that these things do not happen in a vacuum, and any meaningful interpretation of a role reversal (or equalization) requires proper context. If someone were to claim that sexism in Canada was over because we have a gender equal cabinet, it would be using similarly bad reasoning as the MRA-style “If the genders were different, reactions would be different!” hypotheticals – just from a different angle.

Overall I’m a huge fan of Trudeau’s move; far from ignoring systemic gender inequality, I agree it quite explicitly acknowledges them.

Fabe
Fabe

And as the manosphere accuses women of being able to get away with murdering men this happens in the real world

David I think this is worth its own article

Lkeke35
Lkeke35

Patricia:
I would love it if Clinton became President and the MRAs all fled the country, but I have to insist they go somewhere where there are no people, and no infrastructure. I cannot in good conscience inflict them on any other country, and they don’t deserve to live off the work of other people.

No, no. They’ve gotta start all over from scratch, and build everything from the ground up, without other races to exploit, or any women, except the ones who volunteered, who would of course have to receive a great deal of counseling , probably in the form of: “Hey! There’s no infrastructure, indoor plumbing, or Starbucks there! Are you sure?”, before they’d be allowed to join them.

Epsilon
Epsilon

According to Ovendice, anything bad a female does is attributed to feminism. Likewise, anything a female does that may refute this assertion is evidence that all feminism is inherently bad; to him, even if he can’t find anything bad about a female, that’s proof she is bad. Why? Because All Women Lie All The Time and All Women Are Inferior And Evil TM.

When someone’s that fanatical, it’s impossible to reason with them. You just hope they’ll snap out of it soon enough.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

I got into a discussion earlier tonight with a man who had an interesting view on that.

He used the term “simp”, which I hadn’t come across. When I asked, he said that a simp was a male feminist; that is, “someone who believes that women are always right and that men are worthless until they accept that.” To him those two terms were synonyms. He also said that these “male feminists”, whomever they are, expect men to apologise for being men.

I left him unenlightened. There’s only so much you can do with a person who follows us-good, you-bad logic.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ fabe

This is getting to be a depressingly common story. It’s almost at the stage the journalists could have a Word template and just change the names.

I’m not sure about “romantic overtures”. We don’t know exactly what happend of course; but even if he was positively charming (rather than someone who just made some crude attempt to hit on a woman) this just feeds into the “woman rebuffs nice guy” MRA/MGTOW/incel crap.

This guy murdered a woman for having the audacity to say “No”. There’s nothing romantic about that.

Fabe
Fabe

@Lkeke35

That should be easy for them, after all men build and invented everything ever. 😉

Epsilon
Epsilon

@ Lkeke35

If we shipped those fanatical, violent MRAs (more like Men Dominance/Dictatorship Activists*) to other countries and they got their way, they’d murder everyone they think is inferior and enslave the rest for entertainment.

*I’ll probably say that from now on.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ fabe

all men build and invented everything

Ahem, all white men. All that stuff you see in Africa, Asia and the Middle East? Natural rock formations (or possibly aliens)

Fabe
Fabe

@Alan

Of course how careless of me, yes it was the white man who invented everything including inventing .

Epsilon
Epsilon

@ fabe

Didn’t you know? Math, logic, architecture and all the other Good Things didn’t exist until the White Men came along. Then, then, the Inferior Wimmens and Races, overcome with envy, have been trying to tear down all the Good Things the White Men have ever done.

weirwoodtreehugger

If I had a dollar for anytime an MRA/MGTOW/libertarian/anyotherinsufferableasshat threatened to go Galt and didn’t do it, I’d have enough money to retire and buy a mansion with a swimming pool full of male tears.

Fabe
Fabe

@Epsilon

Yup I hear that some wimmens even try to take credit for the man things. Like some people say a mere female created the computer code that sent man to the moon.

Kat
Kat

@Epsilon

That’s part 1. And this book is fantasy. In real life, most of them (with notable, dangerous exceptions, of course) aren’t actually going to get out of their computer chairs to do that.

Part 2 of this fantasy: Then they murder those MRAs who look different from them. Then those MRAs who annoy them. Then those MRAs who are their brothers ’cause Mom loved them best. Then only one MRA is left. He’s won!

Ooh, it turns out that this is a dystopian fantasy. Bummer.

Lea
Lea

If MRAs could organize a third grade picnic they might be dangerous. Fortunately, theyre inept.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ lea

When I first learned of MRAs through this site, that was my opinion.

However I have now moved to the position that they’re not just amusing idiots, they actually present a clear and present danger (to women).

There have been too many post here about MRA inspired or affiliated murders for me to just laugh them off now. I actually regard them as terrorists in the legal, not just figurative, sense.

Epsilon
Epsilon

@Kat

Well, yes, the ones (obviously a huge chunk) who live in a high-tech, difficult-to-get-off-the-grid society won’t dare to enact their fantasies because they know they’ll get caught.

Many of them are somewhat content with whining online, and many others are just too lazy, lacking the Man Balls TM, or the resources to build their utopia.

I have no doubt that many of them would at least try and “succeed” to various degrees* if they came across the perfect opportunity. However, I think that many/most of them are waiting for the prefect opportunity to magically fall into their laps. (Some of which have, unfortunately, been media-inspired.)

*I also think that they’d have somewhat of a better chance if they were shipped to vulnerable countries where it would be easier to control the populace. Note that this is the aforementioned fanatical and violent men “getting their way.”

Dreamer
Dreamer

@Alan – I sometimes hang around general public boards. Violence against women or lefties seems to be becoming more of an acceptable joke. One thing I read about the women shot in PA – “maybe those bitches will learn not to say no.” I reported it and it’s gone. Guess I’m crushing free sppech.

kupo
kupo

@Alan

I got about halfway through one episode of Ancient Aliens (I was watching for the laughs) when I realized they were basically saying that ancient people (and sometimes not all that ancient) were basically incapable of doing the really awesome construction feats that were seriously impressive because they hadn’t yet been colonized and taught calculus. That’s when I gave up, disgusted. If they redid that series as Ancient Humans instead of attributing everything to extraterrestrials, I’d totally watch it, because damn were ancient people awesome and smart.

Epsilon
Epsilon

@kupo

It seems that a lot of those Reddit racists conviently forget that the ancient Chinese were scientifically and mathematically quite ahead of the Superior White Man’s thinking.

Bina

Crush away. I’m sick to death of Freeze Peach that puts people’s lives in danger, and I’d say that sort of thing more than qualifies. Our safety trumps some random internet asshole’s “freedom”, every time. Frankly, I don’t care what his “reasoning” is. I don’t care how many women have metaphorically shot him down — it does NOT give him or anyone else the right to do so literally. And anything that signals social approval for such behavior deserves a quick and unceremonious flush.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Bina

I’ve copied this across for the general thread I posted it in originally. You may find it interesting.

I’ve just watched an amazing documentary on BBC3*

It was about online trolling. They particularly looked at the mysogynistic stuff.

They tracked down some of the trolls and confronted them. Louise Mensch flew in from America to meet the one who’d sent porn and rape threats to her.

Oh, that Milo bloke was on too.

Here’s a link

(* BBC3 has had a few decent things on recently that Mamotheers might find interesting. Funny how it stops being crap just as they take it off air. Links below. TW for general horribleness)

Kat
Kat

@Alan Robertshaw
Looks terrific. Can’t watch. I’m outside the UK, boo-hoo.

Also, “programmes” has me suspicious. That’s just a longer way to spell “programs,” right? WTF? (I kid.)

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@kupo

Yep. It’s just a reskin of the old bias that anything intricate or interesting had to have been proof of ancient white people. On the bright side, at least it’s only spouted by crackpots and scammers now, rather than archaeologists and historians.

Kat
Kat

@Alan Robertshaw

Oh, it’s on Youtube! It really does look terrific. Can’t watch now but when I have some free time to commit to it, I will.

Thanks for mentioning it!

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

Maybe a lot of bad behavior of “professional women” and their air of untouchability comes from their economic class rather than their gender? It doesn’t matter what your gender is, if you’re wealthy, in my experience, you’re a huge jerk who is more likely to hurt people. :U

Sorry to anyone who makes over 50k a year here, though. It’s just that I’m in an environment full of rich kids who are favored over me and my family was wronged by a landlord. I also think the super rich shouldn’t exist because I find that amount of wealth obscene and immoral, so I’m a bit angry at the upper class.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Fabe

Speaking of whom …

I’m ashamed to say I knew nothing of this fantastic woman who had a google doodle the other day – would have been her 75th birthday. A cosmologist and a musician. Beatrice Tinsley. Died too soon.

reimalebario
reimalebario

I’m surprised there aren’t any videos of me riding around on my gold unicorn throwing cupcakes to the people, healing the sick and destroying evildoers with my laser eyes.
Because I totally do that all the time so why does nobody film it and upload it to youtube?

Saphira
Saphira

I ran into a young man who’s apparently an MRA or MGTOW in training on another social site who complained in a forum that women are nothing more than hypocrites who could get away with anything, including murder, just like our OP here. Then he launched into a tirade about how he messages women on this site, never gets a response in return, and generally came across as thinking that a woman owed him at least hook-up sex, if not a relationship because he went through the trouble of contacting her.

To make matters even more amusing (or appalling, depending on how you choose to view this train wreck), I looked up his profile, which was basically a personal ad and several pictures of himself. I saw why he was not getting any hits (well, besides using a social site as online dating). He’s an average looking guy on the pudgy side who hasn’t made much effort in the grooming department (scruffy beard, longer, slightly greasy hair, wrinkled shirt) and expresses an aversion to working out. He’s looking for “a girl who’s a nine or a ten,” “height between 5’6″ and 5’10”,” “no fatties, you must be the type who exercises,” and “very feminine, puts effort into her daily makeup, mani and pedi a plus!” Apparently the irony that he’s presenting himself as a slob while demanding a supermodel is lost on him.

(Not that there’s anything wrong with a hot person of any gender dating an average person of any gender. Or skinny person dating a fat one, for that matter. I just assume that to land any significant other, you need to have some basic grooming skills mastered and aren’t going to demand things of your S.O. that you’re not willing to do yourself.)

Yep, I do see him going his own way in a couple of years.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

I can not (and do not want to) read the reddit stuff, but i wonder how they consider the driver now. I suppose that because he does not press any charge, they are going to call him a beta or a mangina ?

On a different thing, i also wonder how they feel the election of a woman as president of Taiwan. Ah, i forget it is a non-white country, so they probably going to predict that all will go rogue…

Have a nice day.

jesuismra
jesuismra

“happens to remind more than a few MRAs of every woman who’s ever turned them down for a date.”

nice projection.

EJ (The Other One)

@saphira:
That’s hilarious.

dust bunny
dust bunny

re: the historical significance of white guys

I had this revelation recently, that to a decent approximation all people are Asian. Or that if a person is chosen randomly, you should bet that they’re Asian. Of course I’d been told the same in different terms several times before, but sometimes you get the experience of something really clicking into perspective when you express it in some way that is particularly meaningful to you.

They have us beat not only in volume, but they’ve also been at it forever. The history of mankind so far is really mostly the history of Asia, and to an increasing extent the history of Asia and Africa. Europeans and North Americans are just a (rather uncomfortable) subplot. Yet we’re not taught any of that at school; most western people live in blissful ignorance of the big picture and their relative importance in the grand scheme of things.

I get that it’s important and valuable to teach children the history of their own people, but it’s really gross how this is done in most countries. I’ve talked to people from a couple of pretty pale countries about what they were taught in history class, and how that has informed their world view. I haven’t heard of a place yet that teaches history without at the same time deliberately inculcating nationalism and exceptionalism. Colonialism and war crimes are left out, misrepresented or played down, and national grudges are passed on and amplified. Some countries are guilty of outright jingoistic propanganda.

The Germans are a refreshing exception. They have many of the same problems as everyone else, but it’s nice to see someone appropriately apologetic of at least some part of their history.

bluecat
bluecat

Dang, I came here for Lady Assassins, and what did I get? Just intelligent conversation on a depressing bit of manosphere manure and matters arising.

I literally cannot remember the last time I trashed a taxi and assaulted the driver. I’m obviously doing being female and professional all wrong: what did I bother getting my degrees for? It’ll all be different now I know I can get away with anything. Actually – no it won’t. It sounds like a horrible way to spend your time, and I’m glad if the woman in this case is really sorry and never does it again.

Internet “free speech” of the abusive variety often appears to me to approach incitement. Even if one believed the “it’s only satire” or “I was just joking” defence, not everyone reading it will see that. Some may take it for serious suggestions, and how is one to know?

I follow a Facebook page on British Politics which has just had a massive kerfuffle about whether or not someone who repeatedly wished gang rape on people who disagreed with them should have been suspended or not. Suspended, not banned.

Frantic Caps
Frantic Caps

I’m not sure I’d feel that bad about inflicting them on Mount Athos. They have to walk the walk, though, and take up a life of quiet contemplation. Preferably also a vow of silence.

Mewens
Mewens

I always get a kick out of the “I know what I’m talking about, I meet a lot of women” bits in these “women are terrible” just-so stories. It’s like the stupider cousin of “some of my best friends are black.”

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Jesuismra,
What do you mean by projection? I’m trying to work out this makes sense, but can’t.

It seems like you’re making a typical “haha David can’t a date!” joke. But if that were the case, it still doesn’t really fit with projection. Not the way the statement is phrased. It would only be projection if he too was angrily going off on how evil women are.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Saphira,
Whenever I see someone brutally pick apart and woman’s appearance on the internet, I always assume he’s not much to look at himself.

Whenever I see wanks about how easy women have it and how we all have hordes of gallant suitors, I assume the same. That he’s average or lower on conventional attractiveness, but women are invisible if they’re not a “9 or 10.” When they claim “5 and 6s” unfairly get their choice of partners, I assume that women they see as average, are actually still quite attractive.

Way too many men think they should be dating a supermodel. It’s weird.

Sarity
Sarity

“maybe those bitches will learn not to say no.”

I can’t imagine a more fun and fulfilling date than with someone who’s only there out of fear for her life.

Lea
Lea

MRAs hate nothing more than the fact most men are better friends, lovers coworkers and dads than they are and women enjoy relationships with them.

They want everyone to be as miserable as they are.

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

I, too, was disappointed to find out this wasn’t about women assassins. I saw the image and initally thought it was going to be a gender-flipped version of Repo!The Genetic Opera.
Beware the Repo M’am!
Eh? Eeeeeeh?

LG.
LG.

David might have ten girlfriends, for all we know. He’s smart enough not to make that known here. I’ve never seen him talk about any woman in his life here, or indeed, anyone in his personal life. Because of course not.