antifeminism irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA

The Feminsit Menace: As Big a Threat as Correctly Spelled Feminists?

I see what you did there
I see what you did there

Be careful out there, men! There is a terrible new danger I’ve just learned about on Twitter, a group of dastardly man-hating monsters who call themselves “feminsits.”

Apparently they are somewhat similar to those other dastardly man-hating monsters known as “feminists.”

Here’s what I have been able to figure out about them so far.

Feminsits want to make men illegal!

sit12

Feminsits are overloading Tumblr servers!

sit15

Feminsits are terrible at household chores!

sit19

Feminsits probably would not enjoy working in mines!

sit18

Tedious concern trolls have some of the same concerns about feminsits as they do about feminists!

sit17

Feminsits have a thing against windmills!

sit16Feminsits dumb like woman!

sit14

Feminsits hate bikinis!

sit13

Feminsits are the ones responsible for rape culture!

sit11Yeah, I think we heard this one about the light bulbs already.

sit10Feminsits will use rape and abuse to silence you, whatever that means!

sit8

Feminsits are kind of like One Direction fans in their terribleness!

sit7

Wait but it’s not even a real word!

sit6

Feminsits think that children should be cared for!

sit4

The real goal of the feminsit movement is to walk around topless!

sit3

Feminsits have a slogan!

sit1

But shouldnt that be “FAT UGLY FEMINSITS UNTIE?”

Damn, you anti-feminsits are really worked up about this lightbulb thing, huh?

sit20

Wait, there are “femonists” out there as well?

Damn, these femonists sound as bad as the feminsits!

Correction: Even worse!

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Oh no, FeminsitVeronic! They’re onto you!

littleknown
littleknown

Feminsit: a feminist who sits around eating bon-bons?
Femonist: a feminist who is also a demon?

Rose Garston
Rose Garston

Oh man, they really are just a parody of themselves.

Bina

We just feminsit on our feminasses all day, looking for new ways to femonize teh menz. Yup.

Speaking of ass-sitting, I wonder if this guy…

…has ever done any of the things he claims women (and feminsits!) can’t do. I bet not.

lacerta viridis
lacerta viridis

I love that light-bulb joke. Feminists – sorry, feminsits – are somehow ruining the world while also not changing anything!

(Also as a queer feminist and/or feminsit, do I still have to hate attractive women in bikinis? Because that might be tricky.)

Bina

Also, that lightbulb “joke” just gets funnier and more original with every telling. >yawwwwwn<

Okay
Okay

#eachbodysready actually sounds like a perfect Hashtag for body positivity.

Bina

unfollowing femonists cuz im tired of seeing all you girls try to put down every guy like we ALLL fucking the devil like nah fuck that shit

Awwwww. We’ll miss you, Mikey Cannon! I mean, without YOU around, who will we have to feminshit on?

@StephenColbert_ why is it that you are scared of confronting femonists…instead of being a mangina..how about being a MAN!

Says yet another brave, BRAVE anonymous internet randomwank. Also, hello there, MRA two-dot ellipsis! How lovely to see YOU again!

Feminism and femonists messed up the lives of millions and caused great damage for several generation as well as cultural devastation.

CITATION NEEDED, Einstein.

Who took wiz khalifas balls with alll these femonists tweets

Who is Wiz Khalifa, and why do you care so much about his gonads?

(I bet this guy also makes all kinds of slurry jokes about Teh Ghey.)

One gets the feeling that this one’s been snubbed by girls who like Harry Styles. Or those who know how to spell and punctuate. Spelling and punctuation are FEMINSIM!!!

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape
Bonelady
Bonelady

Bina, I have done some of those things: cut trees and cleared brush; farmed; dug a lot of pits & trenches (I’m an archaeologist); built sheds, barns, etc. (I can lay brick pretty well), and I don’t recall complaining any more than the men I was working with. Obviously this guy HAS never done any of this work, or he’d know complaining is part of the fun. Generally complaining is pretty rote (unless there’s something seriously wrong on the job) and everyone does some. I’ve worked with other women on these kinds of jobs, and most of them didn’t complain more than normal either. I’ve been doing physical labor all my life when needed, with all kinds of people, and have found little difference in the level of complaints between men and women. Clearly “Frosty” has no idea what he is talking about.

Lisa C
Lisa C

I’ve noticed that some of these guys were allergic to spell check and dictionaries, but this has to be one of the funniest examples I’ve read.

Sporkey
Sporkey

“How many feminists does it take to change a light bulb?”

“FEMINISTS SUCK!!!!!”

It like no one ever actually sat down and explained things like “jokes” and “punchlines” to them.

KafkaNoMore
KafkaNoMore

Men (and some women) that can’t even spell properly make jokes about “feminsits” that can’t change light bulbs?? LOL

To spell correctly should be easier but they can’t even do that right…

Oh the irony.

Moggie
Moggie

Will lightbulb jokes die out, I wonder? I haven’t needed to change any since switching to LED lighting. Perhaps lightbulb-changing will become as unfamiliar an activity as repairing one’s buggy whip.

Also, please stop tarnishing humanism by setting it in opposition to feminism, dudebros. It’s a perfectly fine ethical stance and doesn’t work that way.

Miss Andry

That word needs an impromptu definition. Maybe “the act of feminists sitting.”

cointelpro
cointelpro

that shit about the “work them in mines and see how they like it” is so tedious. patriarchy is what kept women out of the mines. the belief that women are physically and mentally inferior is what keeps them from jobs like that and stuck in the home.

the stupidity of these people is grating. I wonder if it’s even possible to educate someone this cretinous.

Miss Andry

Quick! How many light bulbs does it take to screw in a light bulb? Light bulb! [/MRA humor]

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

“Woman are stupid and so are feminsits.”

Oh, honey.

Bina,
It really does seem to be a common anti-feminist refrain that feminists are bad because men work in mines. How many of these dudes have ever worked in mining? Probably zero.

Moggie,
Anti-feminists really don’t know what the word humanist means, do they? I’m both a humanist and a feminist. Wow! I guess the word they’re searching for is egalitarian, but what would I know? I’m just a stupid feminsit!

Fabe
Fabe

I think the remark about ‘feminsits’ attacking windmills is a reference to Don Quixote ,the novel about a noble man who goes insane reading to many books about knights and chivalry and decides to become a knight himself. at one point in the story he hallucinates and thinks that a group of windmills are giants and attacks them.

The accusation is that ‘feminsits’ are attacking threats that aren’t real.

cointelpro
cointelpro

moggie: they’re doing the same thing with egalitarianism. irony of ironies, it’s often right-libertarians (whose ideology is diametrically opposed to egalitarianism) who claim to champion this faux-egalitarianism.

feminism IS egalitarian ffs. the right’s expropriation of our terminology is so annoying. another thing that confuses me is why they never want to admit they’re racist/misognynist/homophobic/etc. They espouse those views. They hate us. Why don’t they admit it? Why do they feel the need to look like the good guy in our eyes?

Alan Robertshaw

I’ll be honest, this particular post doesn’t sit right with me.

If they’re deliberately mis-spelling for one of their own bizarre reasons, fair enough.

BUT….

Making fun of people just because they might not have perfect English literacy is bad enough (you challenge the argument, not the way it’s presented) but this particularly rankles because such letter transposition is one of the symptoms of dyslexia and related conditions.

This is just the written version of mocking someone for a speech impediment.

cointelpro
cointelpro

Alan, I get the feeling most, if not all, of these people are just intellectually lazy. There’s making fun of someone for speaking ESL or having cognitive/learning issues and then there’s making fun of someone for being a moron who simply refuses to learn. We’re doing the latter.

I just have a hard time believing all of these people have legitimate learning or processing difficulties.

Robert

How many MRAs does it take to change a light bulb?

None: They just try and make a woman do it.

Teiresias
Teiresias

I wonder how many w many of them are athiest. Or even just a little athy.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Tilting at Windmills? What what what?

The Man of Mysogyna

Hear me now
Oh thou bleak and unbearable girls,
Thou art base and debauched as can be;
And a dude with his banners all bravely unfurled
Now hurls down his fedora to thee!
I am I, Don Quixote,
The Man of Mysogyna,
My testicles calls and I go,
And the whiny winds of twitter
Will carry me onward,
Oh whithersoever they blow.
Whithersoever they blow,
Onward to pester I go!

Hear me, harlots and harpies
And feminsit trash!
All your dastardly doings are past,
For a twitter campaign is now to begin
And dudebros shall triumph at last!

I am I, Don Quixote,
The Man of Mysogyna,
You harpies all screech and I go,
And the lax rules of twitter
Will carry me onward,
Oh ever so long as they blow!

Ever so long as they blow,
Onwards to harass I go!

😀

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

How many MRAs does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, they’re too busy complaining that it won’t screw.

</stolenfromoldthreads>

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

@Scildfreja
comment image

Temascos
Temascos

Feminsits almost sounds like a kink, but most likely its a workaround to avoid being spotted by the evil Feminazis who control everyone and everything in existence despite being too lazy to do anything. It’s an impressive skill to have! No wonder MRAs are angry about feminsits.

As for “Lying bullies attacking windmills” I bet they sure as hell ain’t interested in renewable energy or granaries, where does that even come from anyway?

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

Maybe “the act of feminists sitting.”

No, that’s a “fem-sit-in”.

I would call myself a humansit, but then I do like to walk. And communism.

Cygnia

Feminsits strive against manspreading, of course.

dhag85
dhag85

Light bulb, how many MRAs does it take, etc:

1 to complain about how feminism isn’t working to solve light bulb related issues
~10 to whine about how they’re really PUAs, TRPs, MGTOWs, etc, rather than MRAs
Elam would explain how his goal is talking about light bulbs online, rather than to actually screw in a light bulb
1 more to declare victory when the light bulb never gets screwed

throwaway
throwaway

How many MGTOW does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None, their hands are too tired to screw anything else.

Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur
Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

I’m not sure which one is more fun at parties, the Feminsits or the Rouge Angles of Satin.

Of course, both are more fun than MRAs or PUAs are…

brooked
brooked

lying bullies attacking windmils

…and chasing waterfells.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

As for women working in mines, they used to back in the days before middle class people took an interest in the trials and tribulations of the working classes.

What did they find? Down in the hot and sweaty confines of coal and other mines, women and men alike took off their shirts. Can’t have that!

Lord Ashley deliberately appealed to Victorian prudery, focussing on girls and women wearing trousers and working bare breasted in the presence of boys and men which “made girls unsuitable for marriage and unfit to be mothers”.

I’m sure all the feminsits here will be shocked — amazed — to learn that women were still mining, bare breasts and all, in countries that don’t have such legislation until much more recently.

Color Me Unsurprised
Color Me Unsurprised

Yeah I’m sure Stephen Colbert will listen to a guy named Jack Shyte and be a MANN!!1 and not some feminsit manga drone, yessire. Not.

Color Me Unsurprised
Color Me Unsurprised

How many Paul Elams does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: None, he’s too incompetent to even do that.

Alan Robertshaw

@ cointelpro

lazy

moron who simply refuses to learn

Maybe I’m showing my age here, but these were exactly the phrases that were thrown at people with disabilities at school .

Dyslexia, and other learning disabilities, just weren’t recognised then. Punishments were handed out until pupils stopped their “sloppy spelling”; and we had the cane back then.

None of us like MRAs; but unless we can be sure that they’re deliberately mis-spelling, this particular mockery just seems wrong.

Even if it’s not a disability and just a learning thing, people on this site are generally pretty bright and have had the benefit of a decent education. Mocking people on the basis they haven’t had the same advantages feels like “punching down”

I hate to seem like I’m ‘sticking up’ for MRAs but on this one, very narrow, issue I think we’re being way out of order.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

How many MGTOW does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1. None, LIGHTBULBS SUCK…why is it so dark in here…who cares…we don’t need light anyhow…light is overvalued in our society…@&%*& DARKNESS I CAN’T SEE A THING

2. None. In the future, we’ll have realistic $40,000 lightbots that will completely replace lightbulbs. Then you non-light-bulb-changers will be sorry! Ha ha ha!

3. If they were screwing, they wouldn’t be MGTOW.

There is nothing feminsits hate more than seeing a slim sexy woman in a bikini

Why do I get the feeling Robbie James is really the one who hates this, because it reminds him of his perpetually unfulfilled entitlement?

@cointelpro and Alan

It’s also pretty common, on the right, to demonize enemies by misspelling the name of their group or organization. It’s partly contemptuous disrespect, and partly being unable to form the word “feminist” because it pains their fingers to type it. It’s an emotionally loaded word for them. I’d be surprised if dyslexia or ESL were common contributing factors in this group of tweets. People who can spell “skyscraper”, “accidental”, and “confronting” ought to be able to spell “feminist”.

Color Me Unsurprised
Color Me Unsurprised

@Alan Robertshaw

I think what cointelpro meant was that the people quoted above are willfully ignorant and (more than likely) do not have actual learning disabilities. If anything, I would guess that they came up with a silly name for feminists that they think is clever, but is really not.

AJ Milne
AJ Milne

If it femins I sits?

isidore13
isidore13

For what it’s worth, I’m with Alan on this one. If we were mocking Esmay, Roosh V, or Elam about this, for example, that would be one thing; we know for sure they know how to spell the word. This seems like bad form at best.

Kimstu
Kimstu

@Alan Robertshaw:

[…] this particularly rankles because such letter transposition is one of the symptoms of dyslexia and related conditions.
This is just the written version of mocking someone for a speech impediment.

Nope. A speech impediment affects real-time live vocal communication, and can’t be corrected on the fly (and in some cases not ever). So it’s completely unfair to mock a person with a speech impediment for just trying to communicate through spoken language the way anybody else would.

Posting on Twitter, on the other hand, is not real-time live communication. People can take as much time as they like to proofread their (voluntary, completely optional) contributions before posting. And there are innumerable built-in tools available to help writers in any electronic medium avoid typographical errors, whether they happen to be dyslexic or not.

There’s a reason that written language is generally evaluated more formally and strictly than spoken language. And that’s because written language is something that the writer has ample time to inspect and correct before putting it out in public to address random unknown audiences in perpetuity as long as literacy shall endure. If the writer chooses not to invest that minimal effort in the quality of their output, then their careless mistakes are fair game for mocking.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

Several women I know do trail crew in wilderness in the summer (clearing downed logs with crosscut saws and mules). I know one female smokejumper (she jumps out of planes to fight wildfires in remote areas.) My feminist friend Katie (uh, my actual feminist friend Katie, who is a real person) is a former wilderness ranger and carries a 70 lbs. pack for about 500 miles teaching courses in the wilderness every year.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@Alan, cointelpro, etc

I have to admit I’m a bit hesitant to make fun of someone for spelling errors. I really doubt that the typos are due to some sort of a disability or whatnot – people make typos all the time after all. I make’m all the time! That’s why I don’t really like to tease people about it. It’s common and it mistakes the signal for the substrate. I’m all about the signal.

Unless I know you. Then Im’a tease you for your typos.

😀

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Personally, I think if you’re going to condemn an entire group of people as being stupid and useless, you’d better do some basic proofreading before you post. Since these twitter users are presenting themselves as superior and women and/or feminists as inferior, it’s fair game to mock spelling and grammar fails.

Anyway, how many MRAs does it take to screw in a light bulb? Trick question! Nobody knows the answer because MRA hands are constantly too busy rage wanking on the internet to do anything productive.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria

I found this post amusing, but I also understand the uneasiness about teasing people about their spelling.

I didn’t even come to think of dyslexia or anything of the kind, I’ve just seen so many instances where people in Internet discussions don’t take into account that not every participant has English as a first language and just pick at every little thing that’s not perfectly correct.

Because whenever you spell something wrong, you’re ten years old, tops.

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Interesting point about misspelling to demonize. I wasn’t aware that was a thing.

Tracy
Tracy

I take it the new refrain is now ‘we screwed in the lightbulb for you’? I like it.

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

I’m sure feminsit is a typo and femonist is a misspelling. Either that or there was a major schism!!!

@Alan – I think it’s fine to make fun of fundamental spelling or grammar, or better yet malapropism errors in a larger piece, especially when the author claims to be erudite. Personally, I tend to treat tweets like txts and don’t judge too harshly on spelling, I know they’ve often been done in haste.

Alan (and others) I do definitely get where you’re coming from. But for me it’s all about the hubris. Hubris displayed? Fair game. Is this the most nuanced counter-attack? No. But these tweets were full of the hubris. Hubris, please meet Nemesis.

However, those light bulbs jokes… Bloody hell, much deserving of the taunting.

bluecat
bluecat

MildlyMagnificent – you got there before me, about women working in mines.

Yes, the Victorian reformers were particularly concerned about women working topless – in fact they were often near naked, as were the male miners, because it was incredibly hot underground and if their clothes caught on anything they might well get stuck in the narrow mineshafts and tunnels. A blockage might not only result in loss of life – it might even lose the mine money.

Another thing that scandalised them was that the young women who pushed the coal wagons in the tunnels did so on all fours, pushing with their heads (no room to stand up, of course). They often had bald patches on their scalps as a result. The idea of young women working semi-naked in the dark *and losing their hair* made middle-class parliamentary investigators blow their minds.

This song is based on the verbatim testimony given by Patience Kershaw, a 17 year old “hurrier” – a mine worker who dragged or pushed the coal wagons to the lift, to a Parliamentary committee on the Employment of Children in 1842.

They outlawed the employment of women and girls in mines – which must have caused considerable hardship

1 2 3