a voice for men anti-Semitism antifeminism literal nazis lying liars misogyny MRA paul elam

Plagiarised posts on A Voice for Men mysteriously vanish without explanation or apology

Now you see it, now you don't!
Now you see it, now you don’t!

UPDATE: Elam has belatedly posted an acknowledgement of (some of) the plagiarism. Then he called me fat. See my take here.

Earlier today, I pointed out that two recent posts on A Voice for Men were plagiarised, constructed almost entirely with cut-and-pasted chunks of text from an assortment of sources ranging from Wikipedia — the classic plagiarist resource — to weird little right-wing blogs.

Both posts — by marital rape legalization advocate and Holocaust denier Amartya Talukdar — have now disappeared from A Voice for Men, along with the rest of Talukdar’s posts on the site.

In a new post, AVFM head cheese Paul Elam took full responsibility for publishing Talukdar’s brazenly plagiarised posts and …

JUST KIDDING! Elam deleted the posts with no explanation or apology. And he hasn’t sent me a note of thanks for uncovering his site’s journalistic failure.

Reports of Elam stomping around his condo with steam coming from his ears have not been confirmed.

This isn’t the first time I’ve brought Talukdar’s, er, problems to AVFM’s attention. Not that they did anything about it; AVFM kept publishing him even after I informed them that he was a Holocaust denier. Indeed, Dean Esmay (who was still on “staff” at that point) declared me a “stalker madman” for pointing him to evidence of Talukdar’s troubling views.

But I guess Talukdar’s blatant cut-and-paste plagiarism was harder to ignore than his numerous Tweets suggesting that the Holocaust was “a Russian fabrication to hide allied war crimes.” (He is also, for what it’s worth, under the impression that Hillary Clinton is a “Jewess.”)

I’ll continue to check the site and Elam’s Twitter account to see if he posts anything about the deletions or the plagiarism.

But as of right now the only interesting things I’ve seen on Elam’s Twitter feed recently are these tweets (recently pointed out by the indefatigable @TakeDownMRAs).

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

Ew. God Elam is a revolting person.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Is there a “Godwin’s Law” equivalent for citing “1984”?

Cool, insert reference to “memory holes” here.

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

Elam wil never admit any wrongdoing; he’ll just pretend like the article was never on the site in the first place. He’ just a big baby.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Oh, MRAs. Even when they do the right thing, they do it spectacularly wrong. It’s good that they took down the plagiarized posts, it’s bad that Elam isn’t acknowledging the plagiarism at all. It just makes him look like he knew it was plagiarized and is trying to cover it up. But I guess he’s incapable of ever admitting to a mistake.

Those tweets on the other hand, nothing right or good about them. The second one is basically just telling fathers to abuse or neglect their daughters so they’ll come prebroken into submission. That way, MRAs and other misogynists won’t have to go through the trouble of breaking them as adults. Fucking disgusting.

nparker
nparker

As I said on the other thread, either AVFM and Paul Elam are so incompetent that they have to rely on a site dedicated to mocking them to give them any sort of journalistic integrity of their own, or they are trying to cover their tracks. Either way its really pathetic.

Though, scratch that- they’ll never have any, and they certainly don’t now. I mean, the link goes to a page saying the article no longer exists- which means, to anyone with half a brain, that it existed at some point. How long d’yall think it will take for AVFM to deny that it happened. Bet its crossed their minds already.

Oh, and its not going to convince anyone except the MRA crowd, who are nowhere near as intelligent than they think they are.

I’d find it all so funny, if it wasn’t sad as hell.

nparker
nparker

Those tweets are also sickening. I don’t use the word hate often, but it feels right about now- I really do hate this man.

Vanessa Emma Goldmen
Vanessa Emma Goldmen

I would submit that the ENTIRE Voice for Morons, oops I mean Men, site is an Error 404!!!!!

Miss Andry

Ethics!

Bina

If you treat your daughter like your “little princess” you are a child abuser and you are setting her up to drive a man to even worse abuse.

Way to victim-blame, Paulie. I wonder what your daughter must be thinking right now, seeing shit like this.

Kat
Kat

you are setting her up to drive a man to even worse abuse.

"Drive a man": classic, classic batterer speak.

Nothing is ever the batterer’s fault. The batterer was driven to it.

Paul Elam: Your own words indict you.

Dreamer
Dreamer

Well, a lot of the manosphere believes schools are anti-male, so even a writer on AVFM doesn’t bother writing an article himself. Way to go, guys.

Paul
Paul

Those tweets by Elam are simply variations on the old theme “She must have done something to provoke him”, which has been used to excuse many an abuser.

Paul
Paul

Soon no doubt Elam and co. will be suggesting that Talukdar’s time at the Voice for Men was never anything more than a feminist fiction. “Never heard of him”, they ‘ll say. And they’ll say that any and all talk of him is nothing more than attacks on their glorious human rights movement by horrendous feminist hordes.

AbigailGen
AbigailGen

Hello.

I’m a long time reader and this is my first post.

I thought some here might appreciate the google cache link for the suddenly missing article: (since this is my first post and linking/hot-linking might not be allowed, I’ll ask the moderator for instruction for my future reference. Thank you.)

This is for “Feminism and Destruction of Humanity” (sic)

I’m an “old school” internet poster who remembers when we tried to maintain “netiquette” so my apologies if I come off a bit stilted for starters.

A short bit about me: I’m a life-long feminist and former feminist activist, i.e., involved in organizations and marches, letter writing campaigns, monthly meetings, the whole thing. I’ve worked in two male-dominated careers and I’m currently semi-retired.

I’ve enjoyed reading David’s blog since it was manboobz and I’ve especially enjoyed many of the regulars and their responses.

I hope all are doing well and that 2016 is what you hope and need for it to be.

See you around in the comments.

AbigailGen

KafkaNoMore
KafkaNoMore

Things don’t just vanish from the Internet. It got deleted, but there are screenshots of it.

The Holocaust denier and plagiarist Amartya Talukdar will forever be remembered as a great contributor to A Voice for Men.

Freemage
Freemage

This makes me giggle. I assume the take-down was because it’d been pointed out that the posts also made the ‘editing’ staff look horrible at their jobs, let alone revealing the entire staff to be misogynistic shits.

Snork Maiden

Well that’s the closest AVFM can ever get to an admission of guilt.

User name subject to change
User name subject to change

These guys are such losers in real life that the only way to feel important is raging on the Internet. Hard core losers who can’t maintain normal human relationships like an adult.

bluecat
bluecat

I think they must be fine with being misogynistic shits – isn’t that their whole raison d’etre?

But editors who can’t or won’t edit – or read – just looks lame.

What’s the betting they’d rather look evil than incompetent?

(I’ve just noticed that this post is full of misandry – implying MRAs can’t multitask).

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

Great work, David. I’ll say it since MRAs won’t. I have a feeling that loads of cutting and pasting without permission goes on at MRA websites. When all you do is hate, you have little time to perform your own research.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

Ugh, those tweets. Yet Paul will still argue ’til he is blue that he doesn’t condone domestic violence. Pull the other one, mate. Making excuses for it (and for rapists) is just as bad.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

Miss Andry called it on the other thread:

Rape apologia and Holocaust denial are one thing, but PLAGIARISM?! *faints*

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Well done, David.

Kimstu
Kimstu

@WeirwoodTreeHugger:

Actually, I thought that was a canonical example of MRAs taking a notion that actually has a core of feminist good sense and thickly coating it in their own special misogynistic abusive bullshit. As they do.

In fact, it is generally a bad idea for fathers to consistently treat daughters as their “little princess”, in the sense of spoiling/infantilizing/overprotecting them so they’ll always cling to Daddy instead of becoming well-grounded independent adults. Of course, it ought to go without saying that that sort of poor parenting choice is not equivalent to actual child abuse, much less an excuse for a future relationship partner to actually abuse Daddy’s “princess” on the grounds that she “drove” him to it.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

@Kimstu
Considering that Elam considers equal rights for women to be feminazi oppression, I imagine that what is “treating your daughter like a princess” to him is actually basic good parenting. So I get where you are coming from, but never would I be willing to view his words in any sort of positive light. Because 10/10 times what he means is exactly as awful as he implied.

EDIT:: Let us remember that this is coming from the man who abandoned his daughter when she was little. He has no fucking right to comment on parenthood.

booburry
booburry

Welcome AbigailGen! 🙂

athveg34f
athveg34f

AVFM head cheese Paul Elam took full responsibility for publishing Talukdar’s brazenly plagiarised posts and… JUST KIDDING!

Oh, PSSSSSSSSSYCHE!

Got me good, shame on me for thinking the male so backward even his name is “male” spelled backward would be honest about anything.

weirwoodtreehugger

Kimstu,
What Sunnysombrera said. I’m by no means a fan of kids being spoiled and treated like special snowflakes. But Paulie thinks any woman who isn’t a submissive sammich make and blow job giver who doesn’t work or have independence but still somehow doesn’t live need her partner’s money to live is a princess, a cupcake, a bitch, a whore, a cunt. Etc.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Hi, AbigailGen!

I’m just going to laugh scornfully at Paul Elam’s tweets. It’s faster.

History Nerd
History Nerd

So plagiarizing in a blog post is serious but being a holocaust denier and marital rape apologist isn’t?

Dr Hoveiny
Dr Hoveiny

“CHANGING THE CULTURAL NARRATIVE” one revoked post at a time! That is the blow-hardiest subtitle ever!

Kat
Kat

you are setting her up to drive a man to even worse abuse.

After my earlier post re the above Paul Elam quote, I remembered that Elam used to be a substance abuse counselor.

That means that he learned about the blame-somebody-else mindset and how dishonest it is. That an addict can’t get better until that individual takes responsibility for his or her own choices.

So Elam is taking what he learned and using it for evil.

This reminds me of an ex-boyfriend of mine. I insisted that he take a ten-week anger management course. (Ten weeks is a really short course when it comes to anger management.) After he’d attended class for a few weeks, he told me that I was escalating an argument by responding to him in a flat tone. He’d learned that in class. What I didn’t say — but should have — was, Dude, I’m not the one in an anger management class.

PS: The ten-week anger management class didn’t work at all. And my therapist told me that even the fifty-two week, court-mandated anger management classes often don’t work.

brian
brian

It seems telling that the subtitle (or whatever you all it in this context for AVFM is “Changing the Cultural Narrative” and not, you know, something about helping men.

brooked
brooked

@AbigailGen

Thanks for posting that cached version, it’s newer than the one David links to and has my fave top comment.

Wouldn’t it be something if feminists actually used biology, math, stats, and other methods to take a real good look in the mirror…to see what their shortsightedness and selfishness is really doing to our species? The thing is though, would they even care?

I have said for a very long time that our species is malfunctioning under feminism.

First and foremost, we are just another species. Nature has rules, you know?

Yup, Biology, math, stats and other methods all agree that feminism ruins everything. This one shitty plagiarized article proves that fact. Thanks again Science, Logic, Facts and Reason!

brian
brian

Did you do a post about them changing their slogan, David? Because now that you remind me, that sounds familiar…

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Would you like that on 35mm, 70mm or IMAX, Mr Elam?

Dreamer
Dreamer

Heh, Dave runs this website alone and manages to actually write original and witty articles and has standards for commenters – misandry!

Pendles
Pendles

Wasn’t Dave accused by a feminist of lying about the funding of The Red Pill Movie? Plagiarism and holocaust denying is unacceptable, but surely as a writer claiming the moral high ground, being publicly branded a liar by a fellow feminist is a fairly bad stain on one’s reputation.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@pendles

If you mean Cassie Jaye – she’s a feMRA, not a feminist, and we have a War And Peace-length record of her making shit up as she goes along. So.

EDIT: Ninja’d by the Dark Lord!

Kat
Kat

@Pendles

Yes, yes, plagiarism and holocaust denial are “unacceptable.”

But good grief, being publicly branded a liar by a fellow feminist?

That stain will never come out of David’s reputation!

unteller
unteller

Wow, that plagiarised stuff sure disappeared fast. Didn’t the Tom Ball manifesto take way longer to remove? And the articles about rapist acquittal and other unsavoury stuff, they’re still up.

Priorities!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Slightly off topic but one of my friends has just sent me this! 🙂

comment image

Ellesar
Ellesar

omg I actually agree with something Elam said! I hate the ‘Daddy’s Little Princess’ thing. But I expect that it is for quite different reasons. And I do not think that every time a man is violent to his female partner it is because she ‘drove him to it’. Why do men not have to take any responsibility for their violence or other abuse in Elam’s world?

History Nerd
History Nerd

Probably Elam is the only site editor or proofreader. He’s embarrsssed that he didn’t notice the plagiarism or basic grammar errors and he’s out of expendable people to blame.

Kularanini
Kularanini

Changing the cultural narrative? Well, regression is a kind of change I guess.

Those tweets should be grounds for a restraining order against Paul for all women, everywhere. ‘Sorry Paul, you’re not allowed within 100 feet of 50% of the human race, because, have you heard yourself?’

Cyberwulf
Cyberwulf

Oh yes let’s all take advice on raising a daughter from you know what, I can’t even finish that. It’s too obvious.

History Nerd
History Nerd

I believe most of the older MRA’s are divorced because they were abusive and they’re angry about having to pay child support (almost nobody gets ordered to pay alimony now even if they were abusive and many get away with paying much less child support than they’re supposed to). They’re likely the worst people to ask for advice on parenting skills.

The “princess” or “spoiled kids” arguments sound like excuses for not paying child support. The classic “father’s rights” excuse is that the father should decide how much to spend on his kids.

Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie
Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie

All this talk of plagiarism has given me a Tom Leherer earworm! This:

Plagiarize,
Let no one else’s work evade your eyes,
Remember why the good lord made your eyes,
So don’t shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize –
Only be sure always to call it please ‘research’.

keeps running through my brain!