alpha males antifeminism creepy empathy deficit entitled babies homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny rape rape culture reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh

Roosh V Is Angry That the BBC Has Portrayed Him as the Monster He Is

BBC presenter Reggie Yates ponders Roosh V's dubious wisdom
BBC presenter Reggie Yates ponders Roosh V’s dubious wisdom

As many of you no doubt know, the BBC’s Reggie Yates recently did an hour-long documentary about the “manosphere,” paying particular attention to the rapey, repellent pickup guru Roosh Valizadeh. I’ve pasted the video below.

I have, well, lots of thoughts about it. It’s really pretty compelling, particularly the segments involving Roosh, which essentially offer him a nice sturdy — albeit figurative — rope with which to hang himself. Which he of course does. More on that, and Roosh’s response, below.

The non-Roosh segments are a mixed bag. Yates’ not terribly enlightening discussions with proudly reactionary GamerGate panderer and ostensible journalist Milo Yiannopoulos are pretty skippable.

More compelling is Yates’ interview with an infamous online bully who actually served a brief stint in jail for the threats he’d Tweeted to two prominent women, one of them a Member of Parliament. Their crime, in his eyes? They wanted to put Jane Austen’s face on the ten pound note. There’s something a bit chilling in the blase way the troll, a shaven-headed sad sack by the name of John Nimmo, recounts his vicious harassment campaign.

But most chilling of all were the segments with Roosh, which take up a hefty chunk of the program. Yates attended one of the little speeches Roosh gave on his “word tour” last summer, interviewing him afterwards; several months later he traveled to Poland for a followup.

Yates memorably introduces Roosh with a snippet from one of his videos in which he complains about how much effort it can take “to access [women’s] warm, moist cavity holes.”

Such a romantic!

We then get to see some snippets of Roosh’s mysterious speech, ostensibly on “The State of Man” in the world today. Nothing he says will be particularly surprising to anyone who’s familiar with his odious writings.

Still, seeing him present his ridiculous “philosophy” live highlights not just how noxious his ideas but also how incredibly, well, dumb they are. Roosh clearly wants to upgrade his status from that of a burned-out, rape-apologizing pickup artist to that of a great thinker. The only problem is that thinking isn’t something he does particularly well.

But it’s Yates’ interview with Roosh in Poland that really stands out.

In his hotel room before the interview, Yates reads out some of the more repellent and rapey things that Roosh has written.

“This isn’t about confidence,” he says, holding aloft one of Roosh’s slender volumes of dubious pickup wisdom. “30 Bangs isn’t about making young men feel as though they have value. This is about making young women feel as though they have none.”

Later, in Roosh’s apartment, Roosh waxes indignant about the public reaction to his infamous proposal to fight rape by making it legal. Roosh insists it was satire, but, as Yates tells him, it’s “quite hard to find the satirical angle to it.” (A point I and many others made at the time.)

And then, just moments after telling Yates that “I advocate for consensual sex,” he presents his own version of “no means no” in which no actually means pause for a moment before returning to doing whatever she said no to.

Yates asks him about a story in one of his books in which Roosh writes about penetrating a woman who is half asleep.

“Haven’t you done that?” he asks Yates. “When a girl is half asleep, when you’ve already had sex with her?”

Yates tells him that no, of course, he hasn’t. Roosh keeps digging his hole deeper, seeming genuinely puzzled that Yates isn’t nodding in agreement.

“So if you want to examine every instance, every thrust, maybe you can find something,” Roosh tells him. “But this can happen to every man.”

By “something,” Roosh seems to mean “an instance in which you put your penis in a woman without permission.”

In Roosh’s mind, evidently, rape (that’s really not rape), is something that happens to the rapist, not the woman he rapes; it’s the rapist who’s sort of the real victim.

On his blog, Roosh has denounced the documentary as a “hit piece,” suggesting that Yates — whom he describes as a “BBC host of questionable sexuality” — simply wasn’t man enough to really understand him or his comrades in the manosphere. (Yates isn’t actually gay, not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

By “hir[ing] a non-masculine man to report on masculinity,” Roosh argues, the BBC is doing the equivalent of

hir[ing] a carpenter to review an Italian opera. Besides a handful of exaggerated facial expressions made for the camera, the carpenter will not be able to analyze the opera on a level above that of even a grade-school trumpet player.

That’s a new one, I guess.

Roosh then goes on to declare that this “hit piece on the manosphere” is actually a giant victory for him, because

it gets my ideas across to those who have yet to see it. Even if 0.1% of people who watched the BBC documentary become readers of mine, it’s still a huge win, since doing it only cost me a couple hours of time. …

The BBC program tried to paint me as a criminal, but instead I gained more fans and sold more books. As long as my name exits the mouth of my enemies, I win, and I will continue to win.

Didn’t Charlie Sheen once say something similar?

I hate to have to tell you this, Roosh, but no, you’re really not winning at all. Repulsing the general public with your repugnant ideas is not a victory. Every thought of yours that you put on the internet makes ever clearer what a huge loser you are.

Here’s the documentary. For anyone who doesn’t have time to watch the whole thing, I’ve attached a second video below that features nothing but the segments featuring Roosh.

Lkeke35
Lkeke35

Thought this would be an appropriate place to put those:

GQ actually calls this mess for what it is. Naturally, the comment section has been thoroughly infested with MRAs mad at being called names, so avoid it if you can.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

I have the impression of seeing several professional boxers beating up a kitten.

But since the kitten is an abhorrent, logicless shitstain, I don’t feel guilty of liking the boxers do.

The only question I have at that point is if there is a way to make him understand that (s)he could be a lot happier is (s)he stopped reading or listening to balls of hatred and started to make his opinion by himself.

Orion
Orion

I didn’t know about [Bane666au’s “activism”] … I only know … his video series “propaganda of toxic feminism” where he debunks false information about the MRM.

Wow. OTD, as a personal favor to me, I would love it you took some time to really think about what you said here, because this post isamazing. Once you understand the terrible mistake you’ve made here, I think you might come to understand why we (or at least I) can’t take you seriously, and why despite your superficially polite behavior, I have to think of you as, in gaming terms, “a hostile.”

What you are saying is that you do not know and have not bothered to learn anything about this man except that he claims feminists are lying about him, but you like him anyway. That is an absurd and shockingly incurious position.

If you don’t know who Bane666au is or what he does, then you can’t know whether things feminists say about him are true. He may tell that he can disprove feminist claims with “facts and evidence,” but you don’t investigate him for yourself, then you can’t be sure his “facts and evidence” are real. This problem is emblematic of your entire approach to the MRM. You decided you liked the Honey Badgers but didn’t know where they came from, and still seem unaware that they directly participated in some of the worst things AVFM has done. You like MRAs when they talk about how great they are, but you don’t bother to find out what’s true.

If you’ll humor me, I really would like you to go away for a couple days or at least several to think this over. While you’re away, you might want to go to one of the MRA Youtubers you think highly of and watch a few videos at random from outside the series you normally would watch. I would also encourage you to use brows the WHTM archives by tag. Specifically, I would strongly suggest using the Honey Badgers tag to look at the rest of David’s coverage. He’s been following them for years, and because he covers their tweets, essays, and comments more than their videos, you might learn a lot about them that you would otherwise miss.

Seriously, please go do that. Then come back and read the rest of this post.

—————————————————————————————————————
Welcome back. I imagine that you are feeling rather foolish; you have my sympathy. Chagrin can be a very uncomfortable emotion. However, chagrin is not bad for you; it’s very good. I would encourage you to practice sitting with chagrin until it becomes more comfortable. The more willingly you learn to accept chagrin, the better your life will be overall.

I imagine that you probably also feel a bit defensive. Sure, you made some mistakes, but does that really justify our chilliness? Doesn’t everyone sometimes get caught in circular reasoning, fail to check a claim out before passing it on, or trust somebody they shouldn’t? Yes, of course they do. If your only failings were a touch of laziness and a touch of credulity, they would be easily forgiven. You seem willing to change you mind when presented with new facts, and that goes a long way.

Here’s the problem: When you take sides in a dispute you know little about, you consistently side with men, MRAs, and the “falsely accused” and against women, feminists, and survivors. It’s a sexist and damaging pattern which feminists have to cope with every single day. You may not think of yourself as sexist; you may honestly try not to be, but it seems that in your subconscious, you trust men and don’t trust women.

That’s unacceptable, and you will never be welcome here unless you find a way to change. We’ve shown you that some of your favorite MRAs are not who you thought they were, but we can’t and won’t make time to show you the dark side of every last one of them. You’re going to have to stop trusting them and start digging for yourself.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Apparently OTD is really sold on this “Propaganda of Toxic Feminism” video series thing. I’m almost prone to turn on an incognito window just so I can see what sort of paper-bag logical arguments they’re making.

It is sort of expected that OTD isn’t really engaging this discussion honestly, though. They watch a bunch of videos on how feminists are gullible tools suckered in by propaganda, and then comes to a feminist site to argue for MRAs? Yeah, I don’t expect they’re too open to change on this point.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Merry Saturnalia to everyone!

@Orange Tango Drinker:
I understand that you like those MRAs. However, as we’ve shown you, you aren’t very good at spotting the prejudice and misogyny that your favourite MRAs have supported.

Can you see the general pattern here?

1) You claim that a particular MRA is not a misogynist.
2) We tell you that they are misogynists.
3) You demand evidence.
4) We provide evidence.
5) You (hopefully) concede the point.

Given that this is the pattern, you need to understand something: we can skip directly from step 1 to step 5. If the women here tell you that a particular person is a misogynist, save everyone their breath. This site has some people who are far better at spotting it than you are.

“Holy balls,” you might say, “All my favourite entertainers are misogynists.”

This is a discovery we all come to at some point. It’s part of someone’s awakening as a feminist. Soon you’ll learn to spot the misogyny yourself, and you’ll wonder how you ever managed to not see it.

“Do I have to stop enjoying this stuff?” you might reasonably ask.

No, of course not. Most of us enjoy a lot of content despite the terrible views of the people who make it. We even have a word for this: problematic. We say that a work is problematic when we believe it has some messages that are hateful or that some people may find offensive, but we believe that the overall value of the work is still high enough to make it worth enjoying despite this. For example, I really enjoy west coast G-Funk rap despite it being deeply problematic. I’m not going to defend it, but I’m also not going to stop enjoying it.

However, a big question does need to be asked: do you, personally, want to be a misogynist? If not, then we can help you, but the main thing you need to do is listen and stop protesting that everything is fine when it isn’t. We can be friends, but it requires you to be willing to learn.

If you do want to be a misogynist then I can’t stop you, but I would like to ask you to leave this website, stop responding to people and find some misogynists to associate with.

However, please do not respond by claiming that you’re not a misogynist or that you don’t think you’re a misogynist. That would insult my intelligence and make me angry, and I think we both understand each other better than to want that.

Orion
Orion

Ninja Twins!

Twinjas!

Dave
Dave

Orion, are you and I actually the same person? That would be awkward, given the accruing evidence that ej and I are the same person.

We are all Katie.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

EDIT: David, what happened there? Did my post just appear from Dave?

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

No, I’m Spartacus!

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

Let’s see: Reggie gave interview subjects plenty of space to make their claims, defend their stances, and speak their beliefs. Then they’re mad because they came off poorly as a result?

And they whine about the fact that the documentary didn’t speak to issues of child custody or circumcision when the interview subjects failed to bring it up? Almost as though they don’t really care about those things and just want to yell about women being fat?

Also, it’s almost as though they expect other people to solve men’s issues for them! While they sit and whine about it not happening.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

I hope Yates had access to industrial-strength brain bleach after he’d finished filming.

Cerberus
Cerberus

sunnysombrera –

Doing work is misandry.

Well, that’s a joke, but at the same time, they do feel entitled to the work of others, especially of women, for free to get what they want. I mean, we’re talking about reactionaries that miss TV images of wives taking care of homes for free and raising the kids and so on. Creating the home they want to enjoy.

So of course those pining for this or a version of this where they’re existing wives or girlfriends have even less of a personality like some sex-dispensing chore-bot, feel dismayed at having to do work like a real rights movement.

At having to genuinely build structures and systems and organizations to help things become better. To them, it should be women’s work to do all that for them.

And it’s why all their activism just devolves to screaming at women and other marginalized folk. Because at the end of the day, they know they have a sweet deal, and they don’t have that gaping need genuinely marginalized and hated communities have for creating support and actual activism. They just want a fictional past back again when they could be 100% ignorant of sexism and where they could get a “Leave it to Beaver” fantasy of suburban comfort.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

And now for something completely stupid:

I shouldn’t watch MST3K while sleep deprived. Anyway. Back to the troll.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Ugh. I tried, honest. The first of this “Propaganda of Toxic Feminism” series is fourty minutes. Not just that, but it’s fourty minutes of a digitized voice moderately sync’d up to the mouth movements of an otherwise static floating skull in a Kool-aid jar. It started off by deconstructing how Elliott Rodger was not an MRA, because he was on the PUAHate forum, and PUAs aren’t MRAs. I – no, I have better things to do with my time.

@OTD,

At one point in the bit I was able to watch, Mr. Kool-Aid Head claimed that there were two options that could explain this – either the author o the article was a deceptive liar, or so incompetent as to be incapable of doing her job. I assume you know this point, OTD? Cause there’s a third option (and even more, likely – this is an example of a false binary!).

MRAs, PUAs, FeMRAs, MGTOWs; all of these groups all look the same to everyone outside of them. Because there’s always a common theme – the universal refrain of “women are bitches, women are stupid, women are evil, women are destroying western civilization.” You don’t have to scratch that deep into any of these groups to find the hate.

There are men’s rights worth fighting for. The MRM isn’t fighting for them. Google “anti circumcision activism” and you won’t see any of the MRM around anywhere. First hit is Intact America, leading to the Intact Network. You want to support people who fight for men’s rights without hating women? Go talk to them.

Unless you want the misogyny, of course.

Cerberus
Cerberus

Scildfreja-

Ah, now we see where OTD got his “if I call technicality on terminology, then I totally win” argument style from.

I suppose it’s just an old retread of the “dictionary argument” with some “no true scotsman” thrown in for good measure.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

eeeeeeeeeeeeee MST3K

Are you as excited as I am for the new season coming up?

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

I haven’t participated in dealing with OTD, but I’m personally getting tired of their shtick. They show up to nitpick about a tiny technical detail they spot in someone’s post, then eventually reveal they hold their favorite MRAs to no such standards.

It’s soooo important that no one connects the MRM with Roosh, a man who wails about the evils of women and feminism like MRAs, is a disgusting rape apologist like MRAs generally are, and uses the exact same lingo as MRAs, but MRAs who constantly feed their audiences misinformation about feminism apparently have some good points and are therefore probably not that bad.

I mean, I wouldn’t mind that much if OTD actually went to the comment section of their favorite MRA’s videos and started nitpicking on every misconception they have about feminism. That would be funny and actually kind of cool. But somehow I doubt that’s happening, mainly because 1) they would have told us as much already, and 2) ain’t nobody got time for that. You could write a multi-part encyclopedia on all the things MRAs get wrong about feminism.

@sunnysombrera

Not only that, but I bet any actual activists making progress in solving said issues would see these keyboard warriors claiming credit (like #GGrs claiming credit for every positive change in the video game industry). Because they think that’s how activism works: Whine until someone else does things for you, then claim you participated.

This is roughly how they think feminism works, but as with everything else with them, it’s all projection.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie
Paradoxical Intention

@Scildfreja: David actually wrote an article about this.

Essentially, since they all look the same and perform basically the same functions (read: hating women and teaching other men to hate women), to an outside observer, they all look the same and do the same things, because they do.

The only real difference is how they do it. MRAs hate women through blaming women and feminists for all their problems, PUAs hate women by viewing them as only moist holes to put penii in, #GamerGaters hate women by harassing and chasing women out of gaming, MGTOWs hate women by blaming them for not getting laid ect.

The only people who would actually give a damn about the distinctions are those already involved in or aware of the inner workings of the manosphere: see OTD (involved in) or David (aware of).

To those of us who are being targeted, it the distinctions don’t really matter. Because they’re all the same to us. They’re attackers.

To a PoC it wouldn’t matter if they were being attacked by the KKK or a neo-nazi, they’re being attacked by a racist. To a LGBTQA+ person it wouldn’t matter if they were being attacked by the WBC or some random dude who isn’t Christian, they’re being attacked by homophobes.

In short, manospherians are Kleenex and the only people who give a damn about the specific brand of tissues are tissue connoisseurs that are involved with other tissue connoisseurs.

Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie
Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie

@scildfreya

No, I’m Spartacus!

Okay!

I’m Kate Harding*, myself.

*For those who may fondly remember Shapely Prose and the marathon comment thread where a couple of trolls accused Kate of sock-puppeting her own comments. Hundreds of them! That’s talent, right there.

MsMockingbird
MsMockingbird

Oh, well said there Paradoxical Intention

Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie
Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie

@Paradoxy:

wouldn’t it be more like manospherians are facial tissue and MRAs are Kleenex, Red Pillers are Puffs, PUAs are Kirkland and MGTOWs are that weird brand you find in cheap motels?

Edit to add: It all falls apart when you realize that tissues are actually good for something.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

On point as usual, Paradoxy. Misogynists are misogynists in any colour. The finer details are irrelevant – the point is thy don’t see women as people and treat us as such.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

The manosphere in a nutshell:

“We are not misogynists, that’s just more of their woman lies. Now on to important business: what should we call ourselves?”

Moocow
Moocow

On a very tangentially related point (since this is what started the “sorry MRAs, you’re Kleenex), I finally got around to watching Mad Max: Fury Road. Sooooo good!

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@Paradoxical Intention

I recall that article! Should have linked it with the comment I was making. Somehow, though, I think we might have frightened OTD away. Though it could be holiday festivities!

I hope everyone here has a lovely holiday, if you are having one. If not, then I hope that your weekend is equally lovely.
comment image

Paradoxical Intention

On the subject of holidays: I’m officially three hours away from presents. My family opens the family presents on the Eve, then we open presents from Santa on Christmas morning if we have small ones.

The adults just usually spend Christmas playing with their new toys and fucking about doing generally nothing and relaxing.

Though, this is the first year I can kinda celebrate Hexmas instead, which is a Halloween/Secular Christmas mashup. My family and I have never really been Christian, but my family celebrates Christmas, and I don’t feel like Halloween gets enough time to be celebrated properly, so I figure this is a good compromise.

I also want to get to the point where I can celebrate Yule, but due to money and location restraints, that might not happen for a while. Though, it’s the spirit that counts, I s’ppose.

And of course, I’m imagining what will happen when I can have the freedom to celebrate Beltane and it’s traditional dick-bread. Sounds like Walter’s kind of holiday.

Shadow
Shadow

No, I’m Spartacus!

KC
KC

What a grotesque guy.
No wonder he needs to rape people.

KC
KC

As a former reader of Roosh’s what I’ve realized is that he assumes that women would never want to have sex with him, unless… he uses subterfuge (“game”), or resorts to rape. He cannot fathom that a woman would be attracted him or choose to have sex with him.

Of course, the BBC video is a massive victory on the scale of the epic Toronto victory for Roosh, and only helping him sell more books!

In the BBC video and elsewhere Roosh fancies himself a writer. Yet he relies on troll level pieces (like the pro rape piece) and nothing of substance. Basically he’s devolved into a professional troll (and recreational rapist).

Meanwhile, many former Roosh readers and members run for the exits.

orange tango drinker
orange tango drinker

@Pandapool

Please tell this guy you can upload videos longer than 15 minutes now. Been like that for several years.

He has a 15 minute limit from getting a strike on his channel for being DMCA’d

Pandapool -- The Species that Endangers YOU (aka Jackie; currently using they/their, he/his pronouns)

He has a 15 minute limit from getting a strike on his channel for being DMCA’d

I’m guessing that’s from people flagging his video for offensive content.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

KC
Let’s not call his pro rape ideas “troll level pieces” it just makes them look like they’re no big deal when his ideas are pretty much terrorism.

Lkeke35
Lkeke35

Anarchonist: I’m going to make the argument that that’s how all such people, from misogynists, to most racists, to homophobes think all activism works. That if they get online and bitch, whine and moan, long and loud enough, the ptb will see it and change their minds about stuff.

They really do think that social justice of any kind is simply a war of words, a changing of minds, and think that’s all they have to do to change the world, just change the minds of people on Twiiter or YouTube.

There’s no marching, no organizations get formed (beyond angry Twitter mobs) and no petitions. Since they spend all their time online,,they think that’s all there is to it. I think most of you guys are correct. These people don’t get out or interact with the real world much at all don’t know how.

The very definition of “Armchair Activism”.

So many things they could be active for that would make men’s lives better. Not a single one of them have marched or petitioned for gun control, male sexual assault, or prison reform. Not one. Technically they can’t even be called “activists”.

Orion
Orion

Roosh is actually closer to being an activist than Paul Elam. Roosh’s “legalize rape” post is, after all, a proposal to change laws for the benefit of some men (who are rapists). Elam can’t work up the energy to even propose a law.

Luzbelitx

I finally got around to watching Mad Max: Fury Road. Sooooo good!

Hey, I too watched it, only last week! Super awesome, it made me feel terrible I missed the 3D experience!

I just got back home from christmas toast, I didn’t buy presents but I did give away a few plants from my garden, mostly cuttings from aromatic herbs.

My family loved them even when I didn’t have time or money to add a tag with the plant’s name (mint was the most popular, by a large margin).

It also occurred to me I could try to sell cuttings from my garden to make some extra money, and maybe that way next year I can add tags to them 😛

Despite being in a mostly catholic country I’ll wish a happy Summer Solstice to everyone in the south hemisphere, and happy Winter Solstice to everyne else ^^

Lea
Lea

Hand of Hate?
Marvelous!

Paradoxical Intention

I just opened presents with my family. I got a ton of clothes (including an awesome Team Pony shirt with the Mane 6 on it), a Hello Kitty speaker for my MP3 player, some Hello Kitty leetle loofahs, and A MOTHER-HUMPING PS4!

No Fallout 4 (yet), but it did come with all 3 Uncharted games, so I haven’t played them and they seem interesting.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

Yay Paradox! Enjoy the PS4.

Moocow
Moocow

@Paradoxical

Hah, I got the same one! Uncharted bundle FTW! Enjoy, they’re basically “Indiana Jones: the video game” except with a lot more nazi killing.

Kat
Kat

@orion

Yes, but on the Reggie Yates video, Roosh says that the “legalize rape” post was satire.

Reggie Yates pointed out that it was hard to see it as satire.

My question to Roosh is, What are you satirizing–yourself and your hateful ideology?

mrex
mrex

@OTD

“He was talking about never seeing your kids again, the bit about also paying child support was just an add on but the main thing was never seeing your kids again being worse than being raped.”

For women the real fear here would be that the kids would be well taken care of. I think that if you could guarantee that they will be, a significant portion of women would prefer to be permanently out of their kids lives than to be raped every day. They may not say it out loud because it’s not socially acceptable to say so, but most mothers realize that they would be unable to function if raped every day and therefore unable to parent in any shape or form. This simply doesn’t fit society’s script; “good” mothers are supposed to be willing to give everything to their kids, for any reason, and not have any needs of their own, including shutdown from trauma. Giving your kids a good life, away from you, because a woman recognizes her inability to parent, is not part of society’s script, so it doesn’t even occur to these guys that women would make this choice, or even are capable of this kind of cost-benefit analysis.

Most people who make the “divorce-rape” analogy severely underestimate the long term trauma of rape; it’s worse than other violent crimes. With that being said, I do think that as a society we underestimate the amount of trauma men undergo as a result of divorce. And I think if we showed a little more compassion towards those men other than assuming that they “deserve it”, that it would go a long way towards making men feel like they can legitimatize their feelings, and make them more comfortable seeking support.

As for men having their kids taken away “on allegation”, this happens to women as well. Someone makes an anonymous complaint of abuse or neglect to CPS, and the overworked CPS officer can’t take a chance, and preemptively removes the kids. Yes, it happens. (Of course, abusive men never make malicious false complaints about their ex’s, right?) Still better than rape.

The poverty thing is just part of being a single parent. (Yes, single mom’s are poor as well. Any “benefit” single mom’s get generally disappear and then some once you factor in any conservative estimate of the cost of taking care of the children, which is something MRAs refuse to do.)

Yes, being poor sucks, but it’s still an relatively easy life. Anyone who thinks being poor and in “financial slavery” is the equivalent to being raped is a complete moron. I’ve been poor, and I’ve been sexually-assaulted. I’ll gladly take starving under a bridge to getting raped, than you very much.

This isn’t even getting into how the claims of the financially damage from child support are exaggerated. Divorce is expensive, yes these guys probably are poor, but child support is capped so these guy’s claims of living on the streets are either lies or a a result of their own shannagians in court. (ie. They played games with their finances in court so the judge disregarded all of their expense claims).

Kat
Kat

It occurs to me that Roosh, Paul Elam et al. are all Ebenezer Scrooge.

When we meet Scrooge on Christmas Ever, he’s old and rich, and all he cares about is money. When he’s asked to contribute to charity, he says that the poor should be in workhouses, and if the poor would rather die than go there, then they should die. Celebrating Christmas is a waste of time. “Bah, humbug!” Just like the manosphere, he’s got an answer for everything–a nasty, hateful answer.

And just like Scrooge, those in the manosphere care only for themselves and how they can win. They exhibit little feeling toward others with whom they share the planet. Even others in the manosphere are their allies only until the bickering and name-calling commence.

Once Scrooge lies down to sleep, his late business partner, Marley, shows up as a ghost. Scrooge tells him that he was always a good man of business.

“Business!” cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. “Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were all my business.”

Lucky old Scrooge: He gets the chance to redeem himself. And so do the members of the manosphere, every day of their lives. Will they grab their chance to think of others? To do good for others? Stay tuned.

To everyone who celebrates it, Merry Christmas! And to everyone else, I hope your 25th of December is kickass!

dhag85
dhag85

@Kat

I’m gonna open presents right NOW!

Kat
Kat

@dhag
I’m off to bed — and I’m hoping that you got some awesome presents!

God Jul to you and your wife and 4 kittyz!

dhag85
dhag85

I GOT A WII U

@Kat

Only 2 kitties here. 🙂 The others are extended family cats. Merry Christmas!

Paradoxical Intention

Moocow | December 25, 2015 at 2:26 am
@Paradoxical

Actually, not gonna lie, I’m already bored with it about two hours in. The story’s kinda interesting, the puzzles are fun and not too hard, but I draw the line at that much cover-based shooter action. 🙁

I will say it looks good, and the voice acting is great (Nolan North, FTW! Although, I only heard Deadpool since Nolan voiced him in his game. :U) but I’m not into it.

Being surrounded by 20 guys in a dense jungle I can’t see, crouched behind a wall waiting for my unknown health bar to recharge so I don’t die for the fifth time, and being in possession of a pistol with two bullets and three bullets left in my AK-47 is not fun. Neither is sitting through really long cut scenes to get right back to the cover-based shooting I hate so much.

Cousins and I will see about taking it to trade it in and see if we can’t get something we’ll enjoy more. None of us are really into shooters like this.

LindsayIrene

@ KC

No wonder he needs to rape people.

No one needs to rape people. It’s a choice.

If Roosh has trouble finding women who want to have sex with him, he has the option of visiting sex workers. But he prefers to coerce women into having sex with him. He enjoys treating women like shit. He rapes because that’s the kind of sex he prefers.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Not quite caught up, and epically off topic, but our former stray got catnip toys from her humans Santa and is in her fucking glory.