advocacy of violence dread game emotional abuse empathy deficit entitled babies heartiste irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny oppressed men rape culture reactionary bullshit red pill

“Feminists you should be F***ING SHOT,” and other insights from Scott Adams’ fans

Belle Starr: Proof that women run the world?
Belle Starr: Proof that women run the world?

So our dear old friend Scott Adams has responded to my recent post on him by declaring it “Pathetic Outragism” and me an “Outragist.” He also strongly suggested that I was a stupidhead. Which is a step up, I suppose, from calling me fat, which is the go-to response of many of those I’ve written about.

Adams’ fans, a tiny army of whom showed up here after Adams linked to it, haven’t been quite so polite, leaving behind some comments that I haven’t let out of moderation. But I thought I’d share a few of them with you all.

“You, sir, are an imbecile of the first order,” wrote one. “P Z Myers is a c**t,” wrote another, perhaps a little confused as to what blog he was on. (And no, the original comment didn’t contain asterisks.)

But it was a fellow calling himself John Doe (but using an email account with a woman’s name) that really took the terribleness cake. I’ve broken his huge wall of text up a bit.

CONTENT WARNING: Domestic abuse, gaslighting, genocide, you name it.

Adams is so great. Fuck all you dirty piece of shit feminists you should be FUCKING SHOT or sterilized. or sent to a rehabilitation facility.

Well, I’ll give him this: he gets right to the point.

You should lose your right to vote. Ignorance is dangeorus. and Feminism is evil ignorance. Feminism is not about equal rights and has not been for many decades. Maybe if this was the 1960s america you could say something to me, but now you can shove it up your fucking ass. Fuck american womena nd fuck feminism.

When I started this blog I really had no idea that there were still people around who think women shouldn’t have the right to vote. Turns out there are a lot of them.

Men will stop getting marreid more and more. THe spawn of the MGTOW groups are evidence of this.

I’m not sure that these guys leaving the dating pool is quite the catastrophe for women that MGTOWs think it is.

The government is getting what they want. People to stop breeding.

Uh, I’m pretty sure that the government, at least here in the US, is not terribly interested in stopping people from “breeding.” Hell, the IRS actually gives parents an assortment of tax breaks.

But it turns out that Mr. Doe doesn’t actually think it’s a bad idea to, er, reduce the population of planet earth. Specifically by shooting feminists.

I think every feminist should be sent to a labor camp or imprisoned or shot dead. I don’t care. You are scum and if you are not capable of changing you should lose your right to live. All humans are a burden to the earth, but Feminists are a burden to all humans and everything else, especially men.

This seems harsh.

Women are treated like children and coddled with kid gloves and in some ways you always have been.

[citation needed]

An odd example, but I guess that’s as close to a citation as we’ll get. Presumably he means Belle Starr, who had a long career as a bandit in the “wild west” before being shot to death, possibly by her husband, possibly by a dude who was mad she wouldn’t dance with him. (No, really, those were two of the prime suspects.)

After this short digression, Doe returns to his main themes:

And men have always fought the wars. Women rarely in any society ever had to do so. You got to stay home. You got the easier job.

Women have been working, in the home and out of it, since the dawn of time. They have also been victims of war.

The rant then takes another dark turn:

The only way now for a normal guy to have a healthy relationship with a girl under 30 in the new generation is to scare the shit out of your woman and make her fear you and make her think you will end her life if she tries to screw you over. That is the only way to keep them in line from being destructive bitches. And even then you might have to sit them down and threaten them now and then.

This is abuse 101, though not terribly different from “dread game” as promoted by Heartiste and other pickup artists.

I had to, i’ve had to with the last girl i dated. all the time.

I can only hope he’s talking out of his ass here.

Look what happened when i didn’t. She told her friend i was a drug dealer simply because she was jealous she liked me. She publically slandered me. So i used her took her virginity which honestly id trade for her hotter friend at this point.

What a romantic!

Unless you are rich and powerful and good looking youre only real option to have a good time and enough control that you can relax is to scare the shit out of these girls, find some way to blackmail them or scare them and use it. That is the only way.

Today I Learned that “healthy” heterosexual relationships are only possible if the man is rich and/or abusive.

Even without me saying any of this it remains true and feminism has destroyed the country and everyone born from the 90s onward.

And once again an opponent of feminism demonstrates clearly why feminism is necessary.

Doe had some words for me as well:

David Futrelle is a piece of shit beta male and should lose his right to vote among other freedoms for supporting such a piece of shit ideology.

Apparently the only people Doe thinks should be allowed to vote are men who hate women.

The US and Canada and most 1st world countries are female dominated all the way up to the super rich who then are the men having power but everyone who is not rich is ruled and controlled by females if they want any kind of success. Period.

Yeah, that’s not actually how it works.

Unless you do as I was saying before, find a way to scare a girl and blackmail her into doing what you want. Because even if she likes you, even if you are perfect for her, she would rather run away and flirt with many other guys and fuck things up. So scare her into submission.

If you hate women so much that your notion of a “healthy” heterosexual relationship is one in which the man is so abusive that the woman literally fears for her life. here’s a thought: Don’t date women. Don’t come near them. Seek treatment for your fucked-up ideas.

Kat
Kat

@Trae Dorn
Thanks for that graphic. It sums up a certain type of interaction nicely.

darkstatistic

What really gets me about all this is just how doomed their worldviews are. They do realize it’s not so much that they’re going to lose the culture war so much as it was lost before most of them were born, right? I mean, I find a lot of this MRA stuff as chilling and (sorry) outrageous as the next person — maybe more, because I have a vivid imagination and a tendency toward catastrophizing with it — but they must understand that women actually aren’t going to give up the vote.

Right?

sbel
sbel

@darkstatistic

I think that’s why some of them are so obsessed with the end of the world, and post-apocalyptic societies. They know that it would be hard to “fix” things without destroying western society.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Yet another dude who thinks that the American experience of war – that war is something that happens far away from here, that you need to join/be drafted into a regular military to fight – is the universal experience.

Do these guys just think that nobody lived in Europe in the early 20th century? That nobody lives in the Middle East today? Do they just completely forget that women exist in areas that become conflict zones, and even when the dominant culture tells them that they aren’t allowed to fight, they do it anyway because they fucking live there and they become victims if they don’t fight?

erica, ascendant

Actually it’s about ethics in genocide.

kale
kale

Not to mention women did dress up like men and fight in U.S. wars like Revolutionary, Civil

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard

Wah wah wah. You mean we have to treat women, fellow human beings, with dignity? You mean they aren’t just here to please us with sex at our mere whim 24/7?

Fuck you, Scott Adams. Fuck you, and your misogynist asswipe fans.

How pathetic do you have to be as a “professional” to create a sockpuppet to make yourself look good? By the way, I use professional loosely. This guy is a no-talent hack. I’ve read comics written by grade school children that are classier and better drawn with 100x the wit this pile of suck pretends to have. Apparently his fans eat up his shit like dung beetles from what I can see written here.

I wouldn’t put it past Adams to have created a sockpuppet to post here as a “fan.”

kale
kale

and yea, Im gonna go out on a limb and say I fully believe this man is, as he claims, a rapist and abuser, and I do believe a lot of the men commenting online in similar fashion are too. Fuck it Im sick of holding that back, if you go around saying rape victims are liars and so on constantly you are probsbly a rapist or at least at risk of becoming one.

kale
kale

and if you look at the comments on his blog, Adams has no problem with guys saying all sorts of ridiculously ignorant, awful things. I think his views are worse than what weve seen so far if he is cool with keeping thst company.

Paradoxical Intention

Says a man who most likely has never been to war or been drafted in his fucking life.

But, you know, you’re more than welcome to stay at home and raise the kids, cook, wash laundry, work two jobs to make ends meet (because the government sure as hell won’t help you), and keep house while wifey’s away being a soldier if it matters that much to you.

prohas

I’m sick of them using the “men fight in wars” nonsense. In the vast majority of warfare throughout human history, especially in modern wars, civilians, including women and children, suffer just as many casualties and often far more than the military forces

Ire
Ire

@Policy of Madness

That was an amazing article. I always learn so much from this community.

Catalpa
Catalpa

…so, what you’re saying is that countries with the highest level of wealth, technological advancement, and quality of life tend to be countries that are “female controlled”? Doesn’t that mean that “female control”, is, you know, a good thing? Or at least correlated with a society succeeding, since steps towards gender equality- that is, I mean “female control” are prevalent in most first world countries?

Alpine, RN
Alpine, RN

@Paradoxical OR…you know…they could read literally anything about previous wars…Shakespeare was all about how women were often the first victims of war, whether or not they had any way to defend themselves… but no they’re probably not going to do that. They much prefer the idea of themselves as Heroic Sacrificers For The Greater Good, but would prefer that “the greater good” really mean “men getting whatever they want” and not “yay our families wont be killed or enslaved!”

Shaenon

Would it be too obvious to reletter a bunch of Dilbert strips with stuff Scott Adams writes on his blog? Surely someone’s done this already, right?

Because I really want to do something with this the comments:

“For example, men earn most of the money in the world. Same as slaves everywhere.”

wetcasements

Scott Adams used sock-puppets on Metafilter and reddit to blow his own horn. Dude’s a complete loser.

raysa
raysa

Well, this is a reliable demonstration of how men logic while women only hysterically emote.

Nothing says “logical” like threatening to put women in camps, scare us all, force us to submit with threats of death/violence because we totes control the world. I can’t believe that he didn’t use MISANDRY. Maybe he tried, but couldn’t spell it?

Catalpa
Catalpa

@Shaenon

…Wait, wut? Slaves don’t get paid. That’s why, you know, they’re called slaves. Is that something that Adams said, or one of his adherents?

Kat
Kat

Mr. Doe, you might find these statistics of interest:

In the United States today, about 15 women die in pregnancy or childbirth per 100,000 live births. That’s way too many, but a century ago it was more than 600 women per 100,000 births. In the 1600s and 1700s, the death rate was twice that: By some estimates, between 1 and 1.5 percent of women giving birth died. Note that the rate is per birth, so the lifetime risk of dying in childbirth was much higher, perhaps 4 percent.

Ha, ha, I’m kidding, of course! These statistics don’t interest you.

Nothing interests you except where you can stick your dick on a regular basis.

And being a bully.

scalyllama

I think someone’s been messing about with Adams’ autocorrect so every time he tries to type ‘mockery’ it comes out as ‘outragism’. It’s happened to all of us!

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Also, the next time you see your dad – punch him in the balls, hard. You learned this bullshit from SOMEPLACE.

No violence, please. Especially no sexual violence.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Yeah. Go and tell that to the ones who had fight in the Resistance during WWII.

I only agree with him about ignorance, as he is one living proof.

Have a nice day.

Shaenon

It’s Adams, explaining how men are oppressed because they make more money than women, but women get to do the grocery shopping.

Vanir (@Vanir85)

Adams is actually planning to post a longer post tomorrow explaining what he “really meant” or some such.

– David Futrelle

You think he REALIZES that basically stating “If women won’t satisfy my needs on command, it’s THEIR fault if I go on a murder spree!” – is messed up? Or is he just going on the defensive due to the reaction of anyone NOT a raging misogynist?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Re: John Doe

You’re a clever bunch so you probably already know the origin of the term; but I never miss an opportunity to pontificate so…

There was a particular procedure in English land law where it was actually simpler and cheaper if you were acting as agent foe someone else rather than on your own behalf.

So people used to pretend to be acting on behalf of a fictitious person. The court was fine with this. As a joke people liked to use names that rhymed. The most common combination was “on behalf of John Doe and Jane Roe”

Eventually these names became common placeholders in legal proceedings were anonymity was required.

An example US readers will be familiar with is the case of “Jane Roe versus Wade”

Moggie
Moggie

Alpine, RN:

they could read literally anything about previous wars

That sounds like work, and eats into valuable time which could be spent playing Call of Duty.

Merus
Merus

It seems unfair, somehow, that someone like Scott Adams, who shot through any credibility he had from Dilbert long ago, still has a legion of fans, and every time I start a blog the hits I get are in single digits.

It’s either the benefit of a regular update schedule, or that I don’t have much of value to say, or probably both.

Moggie
Moggie

Merus, do you want a legion of complete shits as followers? I’d have thought that’s something best avoided, myself.

richardbillericay
richardbillericay

freemage:
“I know it was a very minor point in that slew of awfulness…”

…but it seems to come up time and time again and it’s so ridiculous it ought to be put to bed for good. Even without challenging the ‘facts’ as presented, the argument boils down to this: “Women should shut up and know their place, because without men, there would be no-one to protect them from men”. I actually saw a post where the guy doubled down on the irony by actually talking about how men “protect women’s honour”.

My favourite example of a woman war hero is Noor Inayat-Kahn, aka Nora Baker, a British spy during World War II. Not only was she a woman, but also an Indian, a Muslim and a princess, thus confounding several stereotypes in one go:

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Richard

Nora Baker was murdered in Dachau along with three other women from the SOE. “Carve her name with pride” indeed (hopefully people will get that reference)

maghavan
maghavan

He also strongly suggested that I was a stupidhead.

FWIW, I would have gone with poopoohead.

Wetherby
Wetherby

…or the fact that Adams was famous through syndication (and internationally famous at that) before the World Wide Web was even so much as a twinkle in Tim Berners-Lee’s eye. Which of course is why his recent pronouncements are so horrific, as he’s very much in the public eye.

Tessa

Shaenon

Hmm, but don’t really really rich people pay people to do the grocery shopping? Grocery shopping is a chore. I bet he thinks women are the real home owners because they get to do all the cleaning…

Orion

There have been systems where slaves got paid. I would argue that the defining thing about slavery is that it is forced labor, not that it is unpaid labor.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Orion

Been thinking about the definition, it’s quite hard to come up with one. Can’t just be forced labour as that would then include things like community service as a punishment or even conscription.

Anyone got a suggestion?

Tessa

Orion + Alan,
Well, I think the real defining factor is ownership. Even if the owned person is paid, the money still actually belongs to the owner. It’s one commodity using another commodity. Like livestock eating food.

promisedlandpastor

I think if I were to give a pithy review oneliner for John Doe’s comment it would be, “Breathtakingly oafish, yet ultraviolent.”

Also, I would ask why he couldn’t come up with a better screen name, but it’s obvious: women have ruined male creativity by having opinions and booooo hoohoohooooooo.

promisedlandpastor

@orion
Better definition for slavery:
Forced labor that is mandated without having caused offense or transgressed a law.

In other words, community service for public intoxication isn’t slavery because:
A. There is an end in sight
B. It is punitive
C. It is a law agreed upon by society
D. It is NOT based on intrinsic qualities of a person (race, creed, phenotypic gender, etc) but is applied solely based on legal status
And e. It can be repealed or revised.

Orion

Alan,

You will of course never achieve a definition which is both complete and consistent. You’ll craft a definition of slavery that emphasizes what you want to emphasize. There are two easy way to exclude conscripts and prisoners, if you wish.

First, slaves frequently have “owners.” Slaveholding societies use language that implies that slaves are property, and may well have a legal system that considers slaves property. Slaves aren’t necessarily *chattel* property, and they may actually have some rights, but they are often still described as a property of some sort. Second, slaves typically labor for the benefit of private individuals or corporations, rather than the state. States that have abolished private forced labor have tended to assert that conscription or work-as-penalty does not constitute slavery.

tessietura

well more of us ladies would have fought in the wars if you’d have let us stop having babies for like 5 minutes.

guy
guy

promisedlandlabor

Doesn’t really work. Slavery was a judicial punishment in Greece and Rome, and many societies had what amounted to taxes to be paid in labor. Also, having an ethnic basis is the exception far more than the rule; the most common source historically was prisoners of war and people descended from slaves of any ethnicity.

I’d say it’s mostly typified by indefinite duration and the master holding absolute power. Even in societies where they were treated well on average, they rarely had legal protection against things like their master arbitrarily murdering them.

newbie
newbie

Re: slavery

Wouldn’t freedom (to self determination) — or more precisely lack of it — be the determining factor?

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@Alan:

Ta-Nehisi Coates argued that the essential defining factor of slavery, at least in America, was the ability of the owner to inflict violence (up to and often including death) upon the slave without fearing any legal check or sanction.

That said, remember that Coates’ definition is very much de facto and your question sounds closer to de jure, so they may not precisely align.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Also, trying to draw a line between conscription and slavery can be very murky indeed. Most historians would define Janissaries as slaves; but other lifetime warrior levies existed and would be harder to define in that way. What about non-military conscription, such as in the Congo Free State or amongst Japanese “comfort women”? The definition of the words becomes unclear.

anon
anon

I posted this comment in another thread and I’m sorry if I’m breaking the rules or ToS about off topic stuff.

Has anyone watched Jessica Jones?

I wouldn’t be surprised if UltimateNiceGuy(tm) Kilgrave was the hero trying to save the poor deluded Jessica who is silly enough to think that she can make her own choices from having a relationship with /le gasp A BIG BLACK MAN!!! in the MRA interpretation of that series.

The posts where MRAs vomited up their pathetic whiny outrage and where they think of human beings as objects to be disposed of for disagreeing with them, well, it made me think of that series.

This series is just amazing and that character is like the living avatar of the manosphere.

Leda Atomica
Leda Atomica

“Even in 1890 there was a female bandit in the west that did crazy shit and got away with it for years. But there were men that did the same that were shot dead instantly.”

This could be the strangest MRA thing to be upset about since “Penguins are whores”.

Lea
Lea

Anon, the Purple Man/Kilgrave is the narcisistic abuser these guys wish they could be. The character uses gaslighting etc to mess with Jessica’s mind to the point the show is extremely triggering to some survivors. I can’t wait for him to get his comeuppance.

anon
anon

The series blew my mind.

I love the way that it covered dark themes in a way that didn’t seem like it was just there just for shock value/fridging and how they treated characters like the drug addict and “the weird neighbor” as humans with feelings that matter rather than walking jokes or disposable people.

I know a few liberals that were just like that asshole bike rider who would go from liberal to raging breitbarter at the drop of a hat.

I know that I probably shouldn’t gush about the series here but holy amazeballs.

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

Re: Slavery

I thought the de jure definition would hinge on ownership, i.e. a person is owned by another and this ownership is defined by certain laws, customary or written.

Even that, however, historically includes a lot of different forms. For example, slavery existed in many pre-colonial African states, a fact which was used at the time to facilitate and legitimise the slave trade, as a reason for the “civilizing mission” that European states used as legitimisation for colonial military and political occupation, and which is still sometimes brought up by racists to minimise the catastrophic impact of the Atlantic slave trade on the African continent. But, for example, in precolonial Congo kingdom slaves (usually prisoners of war, sometimes people who had chosen to place themselves in a state of dependence for various reasons) were actually integrated into the kanda (extended matrilineal family) as servants and could become full-fledged members of the kanda and move upward though society. In any case, their labour wasn’t exploited in the same way as in the plantations. The early “Arabic” slave trade in the Indian ocean and through the Sahara, before plantations were also established in Zanzibar, usually made people into servants or soldiers or bodyguards, but here also (especially in the military) they could rise through the ranks. One famous example is that of Malik Ambar, a brilliant military strategist and ruler of Ahmednagar in the early 17th Century, who came to India as a slave from Ethiopia.

It is the Atlantic slave trade which used slaves only for forced labour in the plantations.

The Congo Free State example is complicated, because (after initial establishment with conscripts and recruits from elsewhere) the conscripts to the Force Publique were mostly children orphaned as a result of the FP’s raids, brought to other regions of the Free State and put in “camps of military instructions”. One Congolese historian has compared it to the army of Laurent-Désiré Kabila, who used child soldiers in the modern sense.

Leigh Summers
Leigh Summers

Whenever I see anything written by members of the manosphere, I can’t help but wonder how exhausting it must be to live in a constant state of anger and hatred. As much as they love the stereotype of feminists as angry, irrational, hysterical women who overreact to the smallest things, they’re the ones that are constantly outraged every time a woman/feminist/reasonable person says anything that doesn’t fit within their narrative.
Becoming a feminist has made me a more accepting and tolerant person, and I find I don’t get angry when i just let other people make choices for themselves without judgement.