a new woman to hate creepy evil sexy ladies hypocrisy mantrum men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA pig-biting mad reddit

Men’s Rights Redditors outraged that Jennifer Lawrence wants a boyfriend who’s not a jerk

J-Law: Literally Hitler?
J-Law: Literally Hitler?

Jennifer Lawrence is, in case you didn’t know this already, an incredible goofball, almost as famous for her hilariously unfiltered comments as she is for her film roles.

“If I don’t have anything to do all day, I might not even put my pants on,” she once confessed to Glamour. “I’m the fastest pee-er ever,” she told Rolling Stone. She’s compared her dancing ability to “Gumby getting electrocuted.” She’s talked about diarrhea on David Letterman.

A quick Google search reveals scores of web pages with titles like 61 Hilariously Honest Jennifer Lawrence Quotes That Will Make Your Day, from which I took the example above, and The 10 Most Jennifer Lawrence Things J-Law Said at Comic-Con.

But now she’s said something so unbelievable, something so outrageous and terrible that it has Men’s Rights activists in an uproar

Brace yourself. In an interview with Vogue, Lawrence confessed that she’s been having trouble finding a boyfriend.

I am lonely every Saturday night. Guys are so mean to me. I know where it’s coming from, I know they’re trying to establish dominance, but it hurts my feelings. I’m just a girl who wants you to be nice to me. I am straight as an arrow. I feel like I need to meet a guy, with all due respect, who has been living in Baghdad for five years who has no idea who I am.

Well, to the Men’s Rightsers of the world, this is apparently the equivalent of someone announcing that in their spare time they like to dress up as a Nazi and murder puppies. How DARE a famous actress — whose stolen nude pics they’ve undoubtedly all seen — complain that men have been “mean” to her.

A Men’s Rights Redditor calling himself Ovendice took it upon himself to explain to J-Law just why men are mean to women. (SPOILER ALERT: It’s because women are terrible.)

I don’t doubt men are [mean] as fuck to her. For about the last ten years I have become more and more mean and cold to women in general and today I pretty much talk to them all like they’re garbage, idiots and less than nothing. I’m short with them, have zero patience and at best I’m indifferent.

Hmm. I’m thinking that “indifferent” is not exactly the right word to describe how you feel about women. But why are you so mean to women, dear Redditor?

WHY? I’ll TELL YOU WHY. Most women have become so unbelievably arrogant, so SMUG, cold as a razor blade, zero empathy, creepy, virtually inhuman, a lot of them just seem like emotionless robots, the only time I see women today acting human in the movies, as well as spiteful and CONFRONTATIONAL out of nowhere INSTANTLY!

Huh. That seems like an awfully confrontational thing for a guy complaining about women being confrontational to say.

[Women]  go out of their way to TRY to hurt your feelings and another huge percentage of them will lead you on a little ONLY JUST so they can later, not just reject you, but shit all over you like you’re some kind of idiot for even thinking there was a chance with them and women get a HUGE amount of ENJOYMENT out of rejecting men and saying ‘no’ – they GET OFF on it, the bizarre behavior, the FLAKINESS, complete unaccountability, zero character, entitlement, the ‘fuck you’ attitude, the snide cattiness, the threats, trying to get fired from your job if you defy them, trying to act like they have God like power over you, the false accusations, the ‘superior’ attitude when their contribution to the world is less than nothing, the complete, absolute IGNORANCE OF EVERYTHING.

That was all one sentence.

I could go on ALL DAY listing why American women are so horrendous and why I wouldn’t want to be kind to them or even want to lift one finger to do anything for them.

I’m sure you could go on all day. I’m guessing you regularly do.

I can’t even think of the last time a female did ANYTHING for me at all. It’s prob been decades. I don’t owe women one motherfucking thing and with the way they are, that includes kindness and graciousness.

Gosh, why wouldn’t a woman — sorry, a “female” — want to do nice things for prickly here?

Another Men’s Rightser suggested that J-Law’s problem was that she didn’t want to date a “regular guy.”

She’s hanging around the crowd of wealthy, extremely good looking guys, who can have basically any woman they want. If they hear excessive whining, well if you have an option to upgrade (in their opinion) to another woman, well being a wealthy good-looking man, of course they have that option and of course they’ll upgrade. She should give a regular guy a go.

He graciously offered to be that regular guy. So long as he got to divorce her later and take a good chunk of her sweet, sweet cash.

I can pretend to be that Baghdad guy she’s searching for. Hopefully I won’t sign any prenups, last long enough and get a fat piece of her stash when things go south. Then she’ll be equal to men in that regard.

Still another commenter suggested some real-world activism MRAs could do to solve the problem of women wanting men to treat them like actual human beings.

Haha. I love it.. lets stop holding doors and being kind to females like we were taught to do..and wait until they get upset and then we get the power back.

It’s good to know that there are such dedicated Men’s Rights Activists out there doing their best to bring about a better world. As Lao Tzu once observed, “the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single unheld door, because fuck you, bitches, especially that one from Hunger Games, I hate her, she’s so stuck up!”

H/T — r/AgainstMensRights

chaltab
chaltab

“who has been living in Baghdad” – wut? Definitely the female liberation hub of the world. I don’t understand why she even needs a boyfriend. Women just don’t get it. Even the nice ones are mean if you don’t conform to what they want. Ah, she’s young. She’ll figure it out eventually.

Or maybe she’s smart enough to make decisions about her own life and desires? What the hell is with these… what, gay separatists? Trolls pretending to be gay separatists? Asexuals who don’t seem to understand those of us who aren’t ace can’t just turn off sexual desire like a switch?

Ellesar
Ellesar

That bloody door opening thing – get to middle age and most men will barely acknowledge your existence, let alone open doors! If I get old I expect it will start again, but obviously it won’t be because they think it might get them attention from an attractive feeeemale.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule
Virtually Out of Touch

“who has been living in Baghdad” – wut? Definitely the female liberation hub of the world.”

Not. But definitely in the direction of the world with the largest concentration of good looking men, so maybe that’s why?.

Virtually Out of Touch

JB tries her hand at whitecanadianladysplainin’ “Black America”.

Her whole speel about the government telling the married couple with 3 kids that they can get welfare only if they divorce is… wrong, right?

weirwoodtreehugger

Voot,
I haven’t read the link, but their may be a kernel of truth to her rant. The welfare system in the US is pretty fucked. They set the bar for what income level qualifies for benefit really low. If a recipient starts to dig out of the hole but still aren’t in a place where they can live without it, they’ll get kicked off the benefits and slide ride back into crushing poverty. With child care and health insurance and other expenses costing so much, it’s sometimes more advantageous for a single mother to stay single rather than marry and add a tiny income to the household and get kicked off of benefits. It’s more advantageous to stay jobless and collect welfare than it is to get a low paying job and have to pay for child care and health insurance.

Of course JB and every other reactionary on earth draw exactly the wrong kind of conclusions. Rather than look and the problem and conclude that perhaps social spending should be expanded a bit, they conclude that the problem must be that welfare recipients are lazy degenerates. Particularly if they’re black. They’re less upset about white women taking government benefits.

Nequam
Nequam

@redsilk: It is totally from the original Wall album.

Virtually Out of Touch

The Moynihan Report made it clear that married black women were not told to divorce their husbands to get welfare but rather unmarried single moms could receive welfare if they didn’t keep a man in the house. This was to prevent opportunistic men from taken advantage of the help that was supposed to go to a single mom and her kids.
This was back in the 60s and nowhere in the report does it say social workers were telling married women to divorce. I think it was Obsidian who spread that falsity in the Manosphere and JB is regurgitating it.

Neurite
Neurite

@redsilkphoenix:

It is, indeed, from The Wall, and the scene in the movie does indeed feature Pink lashing out at a groupie, not his wife. However, there are other lyrics making it very clear that he has also been beating/abusing his wife (Don’t Leave Me Now comes to mind), and his rage at the groupie is probably at least in part driven by his rage at his wife. So EJ calling it a song about spousal abuse isn’t really far off, even if the specific scene doesn’t feature his spouse.

Virtually Out of Touch

A comment from the youtube channel of Sweet Speaks who deconstructs JB’s canadianwhiteladysplainin’ ;

Why Knot_Now? 2 months ago
Here’s a lie that once and for all needs to be debunked: There is NO provision that states that a man cannot be in the home in order to be eligible for public assistance (welfare). There are income restrictions, however, that may have that effect. In other words, if two people are in the house, their combined income may make them ineligible for assistance. So oftentimes the other person’s income is not reported; or, sadly, the male leaves the home so that the mother can receive assistance. There are a lot of black men who wrongly blame the Welfare State for destroying black families–and especially black women who depend on public assistance. Well, I always assert that there’s a remedy to this problem: MARRY HER! If the male was willing to marry the female, no public assistance would be necessary. And even married people who have a combined income that meets eligibility requirements do receive public assistance. In fact, there are many working poor families and individuals who receive public assistance. But these black men who hate black women and want to blame everything on them continue to cite wrong information about the eligibility requirements for public assistance, and that needs to be corrected.

And the video;
By the way, its a 3 part series and Sweet Speaks read the rest of the very small “study” and its not what Judgy Bitch concluded at all (that “white moms raise black boys better than black moms do”)

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Having gotten fucked by our welfare system AGAIN, I can say for fucking sure one thing about that — married with kids, file for benefits, divorce, go through fucking hell paperwork to change everything, get everything documented, child support WILL be demanded before the state pays…

Basically it’d make it even easier for them to say she has other resources, and *when* she finally proves he’s not providing enough to get her above that income limit (which they’ll hound him for before even considering her), she’ll still have multiple trips to the office, hours on the phone, and bullshit lies. And yes, you have to seek child support before the state will consider providing the kids (not even their mother, just the CHILDREN) welfare. I have my suspicion this is the one kernel of truth in the manosphere rants about child support — whether she ever wants to acknowledge he exists or not, if she files for food stamps the state will try to get the money from him. Better safety net = less of that = congrats MRAs, yet again any real issue you have is a thing feminists beat you to the punch on!

*grumble* my day tomorrow involves a trip to the DSS office, I failed to return a form they never sent me. Expect this at least twice a year if you ever apply for any gov’n aid. But then mom’s paying for movie night and Victor Frankenstein’s opening showing, so yeah, it evens out for me this time.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

The other, more relevant thing, I’ve found that welfare case workers will say fucking anything to get you out of their offices and frequently treat you like something they stepped in. So did one person tell one family that? Probably, I have no reason to doubt it and a mound of paperwork to believe it. Is that policy? I wish! My mother would finally divorce his ass! It’s so not policy.

erica, ascendant

@CMH:

I’ve long followed the hold the door for anyone three steps behind you (or fewer) or with their hands full rule. My grandma taught it to me when I was 13.

Nobody’s ever gotten upset with me for it. Nobody’s ever gotten upset with any of my big ol very Black male relatives. Nobody’s ever gotten upset with my Black female relatives of various sizes and daintiness. Though I’m not, I can kinda pass for white for brief periods of time…so it’s obviously not a race thing, not that that would stop our MRAKKK pals from claiming it’s an oppression specific to white people, and I’m not a man (unless you believe the MRAsshole logic that trans women are men, le lolz)…so I don’t even know.

I think the issue might be that they expect to be thanked profusely. Every time. And uh, if you need to be thanked for doing nice things for strangers, you’re not doing them for the right reason. See, most of humanity does nice things *because we’re decent human beings*. The ones who do it solely for an expectation of thanks are gonna have a bad time.

For what it’s worth, I always smile and thank people. Most everyone I encounter does. But if someone doesn’t, you chalk it up to that they had a bad day, or the reality that they don’t owe you shit, and you go on with your life.

Not that the MRAKKK has ever bothered to care about others, because not being a ghastly person would lead one away from following the theology of the ghastly.

Virtually Out of Touch

” And even married people who have a combined income that meets eligibility requirements do receive public assistance. In fact, there are many working poor families and individuals who receive public assistance”

One “quiverfull” lady who just keeps on having kids because God, said “although its hard, we know we can always get help from the government when things get too tight, there’s no excuse to not be fruitful and multiple.”

t9ytuygyt
t9ytuygyt

so anyone who disagree with feminism is a troll? Men can’t speak up for themselves? MRA came up after feminism, without feminism , mra would not came up, . MRAs don’t hate women,they just hate bitches. i’m sure someone here will call me a troll. BTW i’m not an MRA.

anon
anon

I posted this comment in another thread and I’m sorry if I’m breaking the rules or ToS about off topic stuff.

Has anyone watched Jessica Jones?

I wouldn’t be surprised if UltimateNiceGuy(tm) Kilgrave was the hero trying to save the poor deluded Jessica who is silly enough to think that she can make her own choices from having a relationship with /le gasp A BIG BLACK MAN!!! in the MRA interpretation of that series.

The posts where MRAs vomited up their pathetic whiny outrage and where they think of human beings as objects to be disposed of for disagreeing with them, well, it made me think of that series.

This series is just amazing and that character is like the living avatar of the manosphere.

Artor

Holy fuckballs! Even when I was an angsty, self-absorbed teenager, I didn’t think the world orbited that tightly around me! Were those rants above written by adults?

artor1
artor1

It’s almost funny that t9ytuygyt thinks he isn’t an MRA.

Catalpa
Catalpa

@t9ytuygyt

No, everyone who disagrees with feminism isn’t a troll (they’re pretty damn likely to be assholes, but that’s a different label to fall under). Everyone who comes onto THIS SITE and disagrees with feminism is a troll, because, you know, this site is a feminist one and people who come onto a site in order to disagree with the primary tenets of the community and stir up shit are trolls, by definition.

Also, we’ve had plenty of your “oh I’m not an MRA I’m an objective neutral party and both are bad but FEMINISM IS SO MUCH WORSE YOU GUYS” ilk before. Try being a little more original and entertaining, okay sweetie?

Catalpa
Catalpa

Hm, that first bit should read “No, not everyone who disagrees with feminism is a troll”. Grammar not so good at night.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@t9ytuygyt

MRAs don’t hate women,they just hate bitches.

Uh huh, right.

You’re not an MRA, of course; you’re just asking questions. You’re just asking vital and entirely reasonable questions which have never been asked before and which will provoke deep thought from us because we’ve never heard any of them before. You, sir, have sparked a massive wave of self-examination by daring to say what nobody has ever said before.

Or, you know, not.

Jackie, if you’re reading this thread, can I beseech you to grace us with a reaction gif? You have so many.

Pandapool -- The Species that Endangers YOU (aka Jackie; currently using they/their, he/his pronouns)
EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Rule 17 of the Internet
Never mind the Supernatural fandom, Jackie has a gif for everything. Good choices, maestro.

Anisky

Has anyone watched Jessica Jones?

I LOVE Jessica Jones. If MRAs watch it, I’m pretty sure it’s because they’re hoping to see certain scenes that, beautifully, are never shown. (I’m sure they’d get their rocks off thinking about Kilgrave and Jessica’s past, and will be frustrated to find that the scenes shown in the series are much less appealing to their gross preferences.)

Yeah… if Kilgrave isn’t the hero, then I think at least they’d think that he’s the one being wronged. I don’t want to give too many spoilers, but yeah, I can totally see that they’d think that he DESERVES to have Jessica’s respect and DESERVES for Jessica to have feelings for him, and that Jessica is a cold-hearted b*tch that did all these terrible things to him when she should have pursued a relationship with him instead. 😛

TheLulzWatch
TheLulzWatch

He graciously offered to be that regular guy. So long as he got to divorce her later and take a good chunk of her sweet, sweet cash.”

That conniving he-whore! -)

TheLulzWatch
TheLulzWatch

Dan T.

So basically, if Jennifer Lawrence can’t find a man to date, the problem is with men. If a man can’t find a woman to date, the problem is with him personally.

Anisky

Holy lack of self-awareness, Batman!

This from the camp that thinks that if a woman can’t find a man do date, the problem is with women, and if a man can’t find a woman to date, the problem is with women.

Did Dave post this, and all of us come to talk about it, because Jennifer Lawrence said she can’t find a boyfriend because guys are mean to her? No. That happened because when Jennifer Lawrence said that, the manosphere started hurling abuse at, not just Jennifer Lawrence, but LITERALLY ALL WOMEN ANYWHERE EVER.

If a (straight) man who goes on at length about how he hates all women ever can’t find a woman to date, yeah, I think it’s pretty safe to say the problem is with him personally.

Observation: The phrase “so basically” is almost inevitably followed by a woeful misrepresentation.

Viscaria
Viscaria

MRAs don’t hate women,they just hate bitches

Yes, that’s right. They only hate the women who don’t do exactly what they’re told. Not misogynistic in the slightest!

Um… no?

Orion

weirwoodtreehugger

without feminism , mra would not came up,

He’s so close to an epiphany, yet so far away. This is actually a correct statement. But his conclusion is just so very wrong.

Tessa

Katz:

So basically, you hate all men.

t9ytuygyt:

so anyone who disagree with feminism is a troll?

Men can’t speak up for themselves?

Correct.

MRA came up after feminism, without feminism , mra would not came up,

I beg you to think about this a bit more.

MRAs don’t hate women,they just hate bitches.

Define:”bitch” (something other than “women you hate” and you’ll find your definition explains the MRA’s view of women as a whole.)

i’m sure someone here will call me a troll.

I’ll do it.

BTW i’m not an MRA.

quack?

alternatesteve90

@Tessa: Seconded, btw.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“If I met her, being mean would be the last thing on my mind regardless of any relationship prospects.”

In order: can you introduce me to McAvoy, I’d like to swoon over his accent; how the hell did you put up with the costuming for Raven/Mystique?! Yeah, being mean isn’t on that list (and McAvoy’s married, so no, it’s not because of relationship prospects in that regard either)

Fruitloopsie

t9ytuygyt

“so anyone who disagree with feminism is a troll?

Feminism is made up of many ideas and concepts. There have been times I don’t agree with feminists and feminists don’t agree with me. But if you’re disagreeing with feminism as a whole then yes you are a troll because the definition of feminism is to help women/girls and other minorities and you are on a feminist site.

Men can’t speak up for themselves?

If certain men are saying misognist things like calling women b*tches, getting in a hissy fit for women choosing who they want to date and blaming women for men’s actions then no you shut up now.

MRA came up after feminism, without feminism , mra would not came up, .

Wrong, those same men will still be whining and complaining because women are too dependent on them and they’ll still be white supremists, etc. MRAs (mostly white men) just angry because they’re not in 100 percent of power.

MRAs don’t hate women,they just hate bitches.

If you use a term like “b*tches” then you are a misognist. And really they don’t hate women? That’s a laugh then why do I see nothing but them hating women? Bashing them calling them misognist slurs like “b*tches” and “wh*res”? Why do they do nothing but blame women for men’s actions like rape, murder and abuse? Why do i see memes of women being beaten with the captions “should have just shut up and stayed In the kitchen”, etc? Why the single mother hate? Why do I see countless of men and boys in the comments advocating violence and murder towards women and girls for simply rejecting them? And so much more? None of you care about men and boys at all, you MRA**c*cks are nothing but terrorists and you deserve to be on that hate watch list on the Splc site along with Nazis, kkk, etc.

i’m sure someone here will call me a troll. BTW i’m not an MRA.

comment image
Suuuuuure you’re not an mra and I’m totally not a human cis woman I’m a unicorn.

Dan T.

Fruitloopsie

Woah! The blockquote mammoth! No! What have you done!? I’m sorry about this guys! Sorry David but can you erase my comment please?

Fruitloopsie

t9ytuygyt

so anyone who disagree with feminism is a troll?

Men can’t speak up for themselves?

MRA came up after feminism, without feminism , mra would not came up

MRAs (mostly white men) just angry because they’re not in 100 percent of power anymore.

MRAs don’t hate women,they just hate bitches.

i’m sure someone here will call me a troll. BTW i’m not an MRA.

comment image

Dan T.

Fruitloopsie

How is this keep happening? Sorry again everyone I’ll be in a corner.

Tessa

Woo! That’s the third worst Blockquote failure I’ve seen! *highfive*

Fruitloopsie

Tessa
I did it twice.

Tessa

Fruitloopsie:
Show off…

Fruitloopsie

I’ll go back to my corner.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Fruitloopsie — email me the text and I’ll fix it, I can’t seem to copy it cuz iPad.

Fruitloopsie

this is a test

This is a test

Fruitloopsie

Yes! Thanks Argenti Aertheri!

mrex
mrex

@WWTH

“They set the bar for what income level qualifies for benefit really low. If a recipient starts to dig out of the hole but still aren’t in a place where they can live without it, they’ll get kicked off the benefits and slide ride back into crushing poverty. With child care and health insurance and other expenses costing so much, it’s sometimes more advantageous for a single mother to stay single rather than marry and add a tiny income to the household and get kicked off of benefits.”

Yeah, THIS. ^^^^^^

It’s even worse when it comes to cohabiting relationships with shared children. It usually won’t cost any more money to add a husband to your heath insurance, but a boyfriend often won’t qualify for insurance through your job. AND with the way Obamacare is run, of he tries to go on state insurance, you’ll end up with two separate insurance policies, both at expensive_ass rates, instead of one insurance policy at an expensive-ass rate. And I could go on.

Unfortunately, because of our policies, poor people cohabitating with kids is just financially foolish in the US. Often they’re better off living separately.

mrex
mrex

@WWTH

Yeah, THIS. ^^^^^^

It’s even worse when it comes to cohabiting relationships with shared children. It usually won’t cost any more money to add a husband to your heath insurance, but a boyfriend often won’t qualify for insurance through your job. AND with the way Obamacare is run, of he tries to go on state insurance, you’ll end up with two separate insurance policies, both at expensive-ass rates, instead of one insurance policy at an expensive-ass rate. And I could go on.

Unfortunately, because of our policies, poor people cohabiting with kids is just financially foolish in the US. Often poof people ARE better off living separately.

mrex
mrex

@WWTH

Yeah, THIS. ^^^^^^

It’s even worse when it comes to cohabiting relationships with shared children. It usually won’t cost any more money to add a husband to your heath insurance, but a boyfriend often won’t qualify for insurance through your job. AND with the way Obamacare is run, of he tries to go on state insurance, you’ll end up with two separate insurance policies, both at expensive-ass rates, instead of one insurance policy at an expensive-ass rate. And I could go on and on.