a woman is always to blame irony alert PUA racism reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh

Roosh V: If I were French, I would totally round up a posse and throw out all the Muslim refugees

Roosh V raises an army

Not long after I finished my post this morning on the Manosphere dudes who are blaming the Paris attacks on the alleged “feminization” of Western culture, Manosphere dude Roosh Valizadeh put up a post in which he blamed the attacks on, well, you guessed it.

Declaring that “[t]he European people do not deserve Europe,” Roosh writes that

I’m afraid what we’re witnessing is a people who have been so feminized, weakened, and mentally controlled that they simply can’t identify an enemy within their broken gates that threatens their way of life, and is instead aiding the invaders who are actively trying to replace them.

So I was going to simply add this to my previous post.

But then I read the rest of Roosh’s post, and discovered that Roosh thinks the real solution to that whole refugee thing would be for him, Roosh, to round up some dudes and launch some sort of Red Dawn style assault on the refugees and any local police who showed up to defend them.

No, really:

If I was an angry French or German man at this moment, I know what I would do:

• I would find a small town in my country with good strategic defense that has had refugees dumped within it.
  • I would open a line of communication with a sympathetic government like Russia for possible military support.
  • I would find at least 30 men with arms who believe that their nation is worth dying for.
  • I would invade the town, kick out the invaders, and defend my position against the local police while prolonging the standoff as long as possible for maximum media effect.

Then he’d try to get other equally delusional Muslim-haters to join him in his little revolution.

Either we solidify our position and expand with external support or we die trying to defend our country. I could not think of a more honorable way to leave this Earth, of asserting my destiny in a world where lunatic terms are being dictated to me that harm myself, my family, and my nation.

Roosh does not actually have a family, per se. At least he doesn’t have one in whichever Eastern European country he’s now living in. He lives alone.

He does have a family in the United States, the family he came from. Interestingly enough, his parents are immigrants from two countries –Armenia and Iran — that are not that far from Syria. If I’m not mistaken, they’re Muslim.

You’ll need to use your own irony meter here, folks, as mine is broken again.

FinalIronyMeter_zps9935014f

Anisky

I see Roosh is still dreaming of Whiteness. Strange that an Iranian/Armenian is so self-identified as a White Supremacist when they’ve made it clear that he is not one of them.

This is actually pretty sad. I would probably feel a little bad for him if he weren’t a serial rapist who spends his time convincing other men to be rapists.

Kat
Kat

@bekabot
You nailed the translation!

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

autosoma

France has always (in my mind ) always had a very positive bias towards Islam. Perhaps because of France’s post war involvement in Syria as a sphere of influence…

Not just post-war, Syria and Lebanon were French Protectorates from 1919 onwards. My dad fought in Syria against them during WW2.

RC
RC

Yes, yes, let’s launch an organized campaign of violence against a particular group of people based solely on their shared ethnicity and/or religion. Because that has always worked out *so* well it’s happened throughout European history.

Also, Roosh talking about fighting and dying for his country. What a joke that is. This is the guy who threatened to file assault charges when a woman poured beer on his head.

It’s so easy for cowards to talk about violence towards others. Why don’t you go walk into a room full of your white supremacist friends, Roosh. I’m sure they’d *love* to have a word with you with the Paris attacks still fresh in their minds.

What an unbelievable tool.

weirwoodtreehugger

Ok. I just realized WordPress ate the link I tried to post. Trying again.

weirwoodtreehugger

Ok. I don’t even know what’s going on here. Nvm.

ljy2008

He’s a very confused man, and it goes to the bone.

Bonnie Blue
Bonnie Blue

All I could think while reading this was “And Mark Wahlberg totally would have stopped 9/11.”

Paradoxical Intention

GammaWidow | November 16, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Yet, this is still a more practical plan his proposal to micromanage every woman’s daily life.

comment image

Roosh might need to know where the nearest burn center is. Hope they don’t have any Muslim doctors who’d have to put up with this shit.

And I don’t want to Godwin this entire topic, but…Roosh is pushing it.

Myoo
Myoo

@weirwoodtreehugger
Huh, when I reloaded the page the link you posted was there, but then it vanished. Let me try it like this:
How to Write a “Political Correctness Run Amok” Article

delphi_ote
delphi_ote

Uh… so his reaction against people violently storming a French city armed to the teeth is to violently storm a French city armed to the teeth? What’s the difference?

Virtually Out of Touch
Virtually Out of Touch

But, but, but…. Roosh’s dad? Oh yeah. Not French, ergo.

Pavlov's House

RooshV’s ill-informed and ill-conceived fantasy of raising a small European-nativist paramilitary force has brought us here at Pavlov’s House of our lurker-mode. Indeed this blog has had some references to military affairs that we should have commented on but did not, but, alas (unlike Manospherians and MRAs) the inhabitant(s) of Pavlov’s House have real lives and (incidentally) serve in a real army. Roosh’s rendition of his fantasy reveals his ignorance of military affairs. First, he does not even demonstrate and ability to use the terminology correctly, which would immediately reduce his credibility as a planner and potential commander in the mind of any experienced, competent English-language military professional. He mentions he would “find a town with good strategic defense”. The meaning of this is unclear as his phrasing is garbled. Does he mean a town with a good defensive position? Perhaps that is what he means, but if so “strategic” makes no sense, as that term refers to a level of decision-making higher than type of defensive operation about which he fantasizes. Seizing and then defending a town would be a *tactical-level* or at best perhaps operational-level action, not a strategic-level action. That fact that he does not understand even how to describe what he contemplates doing demonstrates his ignorance of military affairs. He mentions finding men with arms, but in the type of media-attention-getting stand-off he envisions, supplies and communications capability and especially intelligence and counter-intelligence capability would be as important as arms. He gives no indication that he realizes any of this. His planned operation is essentially a terrorist operation (though, to be fair, if he or anyone did manage something like this AND were careful enough to bear arms openly, have responsible chain of command, and obey customary humanitarian international law regarding land warfare, he could make a very credible claim to be a entitled to POW treatment under international law, though that would be difficult and probably unsuccessful and he would differ in that respect from no other rebel group). Of course they’re talking about expelling civilians so they’d run afoul of the law of land warfare right there anyway, but it’s an important point conceptually.

His ignorance on this matter is understandable, though not forgivable. It is difficult to forgive because he makes quite clear that his concept of neo-masculinity includes military competence. Those who disagree with him are seen always as effeminant weaklings. RooshV and those of his ideology often claim that adherence to feminist ideology, egalitarianism, and anti-racism goes hand-to-hand with military weakness and in fact creates it. Yet here is the self-proclaimed champion of anti-feminism who cannot describe his plans in a manner that demonstrates any military knowledge.

Meanwhile, Pavlov’s House is indeed a male feminist who YES, does indeed lift (probably more than RooshV, and has core strength he likely does not), airborne and air assault trained with an 11B MOS, has taught at one military academy and now works at a service academy. Oh, and those of RooshV’s ideology also judge a man’s masculinity by the type of woman whom he attracts. We at Pavlov’s House do not agree with such criteria for judging human worth BUT nevertheless find it of great irony that, in addition to the above qualifications, also have as a companion a fit, trim blonde girlfriend who also has military experience (actually as Soviet Army nurse). (Yes, that does make her old enough to be deemed an over-the-hill non-woman by PUA-standards, but she’s hot and smart and keeps Pavlov’s House looks awesome in her yoga clothes, which fact she uses to continually seduce Pavlov’s House who seeks always to be seduced by her). (And, yes, we are also beyond amused that with a name like Pavlov’s House there an actual real former Soviet Army nurse involved. And, for the record, we began posting under Pavlov’s House before we met her so the irony and karma are supremely edifying.)

There are probably people on this blog erudite enough to have long-ago “gotten” the Pavlov’s House reference (and, yes, it is meant to be blatantly anti-fascist) but 10-to-1 odds offered to anyone that a manosphere inhabitant is too historically ignorant to get it.

Oh, one last note, Roosh thinks Putin would help him…as if he understands anything about real Russophilia.

P.S. if this thing comes through without paragraph breaks, sorry… don’t comment on blogs much and couldn’t figure it out.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@WWTH, re: racists sending people back to Africa.

You’re being far too reasonable in thinking about this. Do you really think they’re aware that Africa isn’t a country?

Virtually Out of Touch
Virtually Out of Touch

Speaking of La French….

A quote from Alexis de Tocqueville about Islam”

“I studied the Quran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction that by and large there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. As far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion more to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.”

– I don’t like that jab at polytheism, obviously.

Monzach, “Not that any of this makes Roosh the Rapist any less awful. I just like things to be factual. :)”

Kay, but his dad is Shia from Iran and as per his “how do yer huskerdo, fella muslims?” qoute;

” The attacks against me is [sic] obviously Islamophobia. My traditional beliefs on women and family come from my father, who is Muslim (Shia branch). White Canadian feminists forget to check their privilege before attacking our masculine views which stem for [sic] the mighty Koran.

As you know I am a practicing Muslim man. The mosque is my sanctuary in which I strengthen my views on masculinity and patriarchy. The Prophet Muhammad and I stand together against SlutWalks, false rape accusations, obesity, and cat tattoos.”

… Roosh chose to side with his Shia dad, not his Christian mom, just a few months ago. Ramadan’s over now so I guess its back to Islamophobia for him, or, er, sumthinzzz.

If I ever geta hold of him I’ll try to make him a respectable polytheist. He is inclined toward Buddhism, so there’s hope.

OM SHANTI!

JoeB
JoeB

@autosoma “taken with Islam” might be a little strong from what I’ve read about Napoleon, but certainly at worst, he thought that very broad freedom of worship was a great practical measure to minimize unrest in his empire. A “You will be respectful to Islam” order to his troops pre-Egyptian invasion is good politics regardless of his philosophical/religious views.

Virtually Out of Touch
Virtually Out of Touch

JoeB, ” but certainly at worst, he thought that very broad freedom of worship was a great practical measure to minimize unrest in his empire.”

Kay, I agree with broad freedom of worship. But the problem with Islam, and all Abrahamic faiths really, but in this day and age Islam in particular is showing up strongly in this regard (while the other 2 chilled out a bit), is that it does not agree with “broad freedom of worship”. Jews and Christians are considered “people of the book” but us idol worshippers must be converted and our idols destroyed.

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

I think we should deport Roosh to Pakistan. He’d probably like the sandwich restaurant there:

raysa
raysa

I am in upstate SC, we pick up NC tv channels in addition to local ones.

News is reporting that governor McCrory of NC is following SC governor Haley in the “refugees are terrorists, they can’t come here.”

I don’t know what that means, if they have to have permission from some government entity, or something, to keep refugees out. But this is the public stance they are taking.

Comparing all Muslims to a few violent extremists is like comparing all Christians to the ones that blow up abortion clinics and/or kill providers (Dr. Tiller). It’s closed minded and blindingly intolerant, and that is putting it mildly and kindly.

Nequam
Nequam

@raysa: It don’t mean jack shit, because it’s ultimately the Feds who make the decision on how to handle refugees and so far it looks like the President is not planning any restrictions. So basically it’s just another case of right-wing assholes waving their greasy little dicks around to rally the base.

David the First.
David the First.

Would love to see Roosh and his ROK bros have a run in with the French anti-terrorism task forces like the GIGN or RAID. They are as good as it gets. Roosh and his little “posse” wouldn’t know what hit them.

rugbyyogi

@Nequam @Raysa I reckon it means something but not much. It will only affect first settlement and access to support services. Once any Syrian folks learn English (if they don’t know it already) and get reaccredited in their profession (if applicable) and get back on their feet in whatever way is relevant to them, they’ll be able to go wherever they please within the US.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

How the mighty have fallen. Valizadeh was once someone who helped shape opinion; now he’s desperately running along behind it, trying to echo what he images the popular opinions are in the hope that he can pretend to stay relevant.

An anecdote:

A few years ago I was on a large passenger ship, the sort that’s really just a floating shopping mall. I like the sea so I was reading a book in a cafe right at the very front where the windows overlook the endless grey waves. There was a small boy there; he was telling his mother loudly that he was in fact the captain of the ship and here, on the windowsill, were his controls to make it move.

The ship came up to a point where right ahead of us was a harbour lighthouse, and it was evident that we could go around it either left or right but not continue straight ahead. The boy’s mother looked up from her magazine and said to him, “Which way around it are you going to make us go?” Her son looked at her, embarrassed, seeing that she had asked the question that made it very difficult to continue to claim that he was steering it. An instant later the ship turned left and he started loudly assuring her that he had steered left, had always meant to go left, had in fact done it earlier and she shouldn’t distract him by asking such questions.

When Valizadeh capers about with posts like this, he always reminds me of that small boy.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

VOoT

It would behove English speaking people — slightly different concerns for Europeans — to revive their memories of not-so-long-ago IRA attacks in England and of the centuries long loathing of Protestants for Catholics.

I used to sing in a choir back in the 60s which did a lot of really interesting music, including a regular service of lessons and carols each Xmas. We always mixed the predictable carols to be sung by the congregation with some interesting-difficult-exciting stuff that we liked. One year we did nearly all 14th century French works, another year it was mostly modern American composers.

More importantly, it was a service of lessons and carols, so we Had No Option but to include carols and readings about Mary, Angel Gabriel and all the rest that leads up to the birth. The spitting venom and hissing scorn that can accompany the word Papist or idolatry from a respectable conservative member of a city church congregation is something to see. How we could sing any carol, let alone a 14th_century_French one, that had no links at all to catholicism or to Mary is an unfathomable mystery.

As for terrorism, mainland Britain managed to live through almost 4 decades of bombings and other attacks without laying waste to ordinary Brits rights, though they were fairly brutal as an occupying force in NI — they never invaded the south. (Though I believe a lot of people were a bit cross about all the bins being removed from city streets.) And, in addition to the IRA, Europe’s had to deal with ETA and the Red Army Faction and a whole heap of lone wolf terrorists thoughout my life. If those organisations or individuals were active now, they’d be using the same weapons and tactics as we’re seeing from Daesh. If I recall correctly, ETA, IRA, Libyans, Palestinians and various others used to train together in North Africa for 20 or so years.

Christians as a group, protestant, orthodox and catholic alike, can’t claim any marvelous record in dealing with Jews as mutually respected “people of the book” either. Pogroms over several centuries right up into fairly recent times and all kinds of petty vandalism and intrusive supervision as well as downright violent discrimination don’t give us too much cause for pride or acclaim on that score.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

VOoT

Christians as a group, protestant, orthodox and catholic alike, can’t claim any marvelous record in dealing with Jews as mutually respected “people of the book” either. Pogroms over several centuries right up into fairly recent times, the KKK, and all kinds of petty vandalism and intrusive supervision as well as downright violent discrimination don’t give us too much cause for pride or acclaim on that score.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Sorry about the double. David you can bin one if you like.

reimalebario
reimalebario

Yes, attacking and victimizing the refugees who’ve already lost everything because they’ve been attacked and victimized by the religious terrorists that you want to avenge yourself against is certainly the bravest and most honorable thing to do. If you’re both a bigot, an incredible coward, an absolute hypocrite and a moron.

LordCrowstaff
LordCrowstaff

As a German, from the bottom of my heart: Fuck you, Roosh. Fuck you.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Roosh thinks the real solution to that whole refugee thing would be for him, Roosh, to round up some dudes and launch some sort of Red Dawn style assault

I mean, he’d totally do that if he were French or German. Fortunately, America doesn’t have a problem with Muslim infiltration. Just ask any of his followers.

I would invade the town, kick out the invaders

Is it time for another obscure comic reference? Roosh totally wants to be the Caliph instead of the Caliph.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

As a french, I don’t think France is a country particulary tolerant toward islam. At least not in the general population.

Racism and poverty is a big problem for the french muslims. It’s why some are tempted by terrorism. It might be worse in other european countries, but I won’t particulary bet on it.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

If I was an angry French or German man at this moment

Ha ha, no, not before, not now, not ever in the future. Never.
You are angry, that it, that is just it.
If you would ever been an Angry(TM) French, some kind of usual beauf as we call them here, you would rant against almost everything, in a bar, between two glups of cheap alcool and some peanuts, drawing plan on the comet, remodelling the world to fit your vision of it, before coming back home where you would kick your cat or your dog, just because it is on your way, and you would yell, even punch, your wife, because the meal would not be ready. But you would surely never act outside this routine.
If some are still wondering, yes, this is a caricature of how some of us see our Angry(TM) compatriot.

On a lighter note, if you are not even able to make the difference between a country and a nation, i am not sure that make you really qualified to propose any geopolitical (violent) action. Are the alpha males not supposed to have honed all their skills, including everyday knowledge ?

Somebody already said it, but yes, Napoleon was not a partisan of the Islam. His acceptance was just a political move, inspired by the way Roman Empire had dealt with religions in general : accepted as long as the Emperor is acknowledged.
As for the place of Islam (all branchs included) as a religion in France, it is the second one, in term of number of members. But, all religions confounded, France people are not really practicioners. While we are somewhat “tolerant” (if we exclude our own extremists of the equation) to official religions, we are less acceptant regarding some movements that the legislation qualifies as “sects” (not as in the Hindu meaning of the term) rather than “religions”, like Jehova Witnesses or Scientology, in comparison to other countries.

Have a nice day.

Alan Robertshaw

@ mildly magnificent

an occupying force in NI

Can the British presence in Ulster really be classified as an occupying force? Ulster remained part of Britain post 1921 because it was the wish of the majority of people there. Of course, one can look back at the demographics and the Scottish settlers of the 18th century and the influence that had. But that’s like saying that no non-Native American’s or non-aboriginal Australian’s vote should count in the running of those countries.

Don’t forget, British troops were welcomed by the Catholic minority when they went to NI. They were seen as saviours and protectors of minority rights. That obviously didn’t suit the violent nationalists. The problem for the British was that PIRA were, (as ISIS is now) very politically astute. By opening fire on British troops and triggering Bloody Sunday, PIRA ensured that violence would be the key issue in Irish politics for the next four decades. To use their own words they were able to “bomb their way into power”. Martin McGuinness fired the first shots on Bloody Sunday and now he’s second ion command at Stormont.

In many ways ISIS do resemble the terrorist groups of the 70s in that they are very media aware and tactically savvy. However there isn’t the sort of cross group cooperation that we saw back then (it was perhaps easier as all the groups you mention were essentially radical Marxist, so had a lot in common). It;s worth bearing in mind that in its original incarnation as AQIR, ISIS was condemned by Usama bin Laden as a bunch of brutal extremists. When UBL is calling a group extreme then they’re probably worth keeping an eye on.

Jimbtho
Jimbtho

Roosh’s macho posturings are truly pathetic. I remember him saying a while back ‘in another life, I would have been a soldier’…well Roosh, you actually did have that option. But you turned it down in favour of being a seduction guru for the sad and morally bankrupt.

Jimbtho
Jimbtho

And re some of the recent comments about the IRA – I live in Northern Ireland and, of course, some in the local media are enjoying comparing the IRA and ISIS. Yes, the IRA did (and occasionally still do) some repulsive things, and some of their activities back in the day weren’t that far removed from what ISIS do, but I don’t think these comparisons are that helpful. ISIS’ use of suicide bombers and their ‘kill ’em all, let God sort it out’ attitude is quite different to the IRA, who despite using tactics like hunger strikes were generally quite reluctant to get killed in action if they could help it, and who (usually) avoided mass civilian casualties. Their aims were also much more limited (a 32-county socialist Ireland), and despite the global impression that the conflict was about ‘Catholic vs Protestant’, most paramilitaries in NI weren’t particularly religious (it was, and is, an ethno-political conflict rather than a religious one). As for the comments about the British army – all I’ll say about the ‘occupation’ thing is that NI was and is part of the UK, and the majority of the population still wants to stay in the UK. However, the behaviour of British troops here often contributed to people joining the IRA. My Catholic driving instructor, who grew up in the 70s and is very anti-IRA, witnessed various incidents of Army violence which were covered up: ‘even when they were in the right and didn’t need to lie, they still lied’.

rugbyyogi

This Roosh V isn’t working out very well, vile and weirdly, inconsistently vile… here’s hoping for a better version when Roosh VI comes out.

Alan Robertshaw

@ jimbtho

As someone on the ground, what’s the view about Real and Continuity IRA over there? I know there’s some fuss about them still being ‘active’; and all the fallout over that recent murder. But is that political or just essentially a gang war over control of the remnants of PIRA’s drug trade?

Jimbtho
Jimbtho

Alan: re the dissident groups (CIRA, the ‘New’ IRA, Oglaigh Na hEireann) – they are still making attacks but these are rarely successful. They haven’t killed a security forces member since 2012, but they have killed the odd criminal and they still do punishment shootings. They can still cause a lot of disruption (a few weeks ago there were a wave of bomb alerts against venues which were hosting police recruitment events – I think at least one was a real bomb, and it certainly delayed a lot of people getting home from work). They don’t have much support, although they do like to capitalize on people’s frustrations with Sinn Fein (who are now ‘the establishment’). The recent murder you’re probably talking about – IMO that was probably PIRA members or ‘ex’ members, but they’ve kept it fairly deniable. It certainly wasn’t political. The story is now that the guy who was killed was suspected (by PIRA) of killing another ‘ex’ PIRA guy back in May – both of them killed a lot of drug dealers in the 90s so there were initial thoughts that the first guy was killed by ‘ordinary decent criminals’. It’s all still very murky – could have been over a personal feud, could have been over money. As for ‘PIRA’s drug trade’ – I’m sure individual PIRA members were (and maybe still are) involved in drug dealing, but that’s something the PIRA as a whole would have strongly condemned so I don’t think there would have been too much dealing at a high level. Loyalist paramilitaries, and republican dissidents, were (and probably still are in some cases) up to their necks in drug dealing.
Sorry for the lengthy reply!

Alan Robertshaw

Sorry for the lengthy reply!

Please don’t apologise! That’s exactly what I was curious about; I appreciate the thought you’ve put into the reply.

Post Good Friday Agreement etc. Ireland has dropped of the news radar a bit here so it’s great to hear from someone at source as it were. I’m really out of the loop on stuff over there nowadays; I used to be much better informed.

Funnily enough, one of my clients/friends managed to get himself on the death lists of both PIRA *and* the UVA. He had been set up with a new identity but ended up getting shot 7 times after his new name was accidentally blown. Now that’s a ‘doxxing’ that you don’t want!

autosoma

@jimbotho
Trying to compare to very different paramilitaries, with very different ideologies is exceptionally flawed and if I was you I’d ignore it completely. Here is a primary reason why it us flawed. The terrorist organisations in Ulster performed no suicide bombings at all – none. If someone wants to draw a nearest equivalence to AQ or Daesh suicide bombings then the Tamil Tiger separatists of Sri Lanka is the best bet as they employed a huge number of suicide bombings.

I will agree with you that our actions as a policing force (I can’t use the word occupying ) drove a number towards the paramilitaries as we received scant training on how to police a civilian population, add the fact that we were all shit scared, full of fear and confusion which us an excellent breeding ground for being abusive, it was ill thought out by the government and the MoD and almost destined to fail – badly. The fact it didn’t fail as badly as it should have is down to the hard work involved in good friday agreement. The only parallel I could draw between the troubles and Daesh is that there is sectarian violence (Sunni/Shia compared with Catholic/Prodestant) with third party involvement UK government compared to Western Powers. I think IRA – ISIS comparisons are a bit like apples to bread. Both could be said to be plant based foodstuffs at best.

Jimbtho
Jimbtho

Sounds like a lucky guy… And yes it kind of throws into relief how ‘doxxing’ can be much, much worse…(not that I would want it happening to me – I got into a minor row with some MRAs on the Guardian comment pages and started worrying how identifiable I was…)

Jimbtho
Jimbtho

Autosoma – I agree. And, since it sounds like you were a former soldier, I certainly meant no offence – I’m sure it was a grim position to be in (I’m just glad I came over to NI in 2001, as a civilian).

Lea
Lea

He once ran from a woman with a beer.

Alan Robertshaw

Sounds like a lucky guy

Amazingly, he sort of is. He jumped out of a third floor window to escape PIRA and barely got a bruise. Then they later shot him 7 times and he survived.

autosoma
Reply to  Lea

@jimbotho none taken. Without going into full blown analysis of police actions and COIN globally my personal feeling is that we did the best possible under the circumstances and that no other country has managed to do as good a job – it could have been so much worse.

I think what you have described is common for many “loosing” paramilitaries, because they have to use organised crime to get munitions and funding, it looks like a natural evolution. It is intereztion how since 2002 we, as a nation, have swept the troubles under the carpet. I think we still have a garrison if 10,000 sqaddies in Ulster, that with the rebranding exercise of the RUC to PSNI, has help the nation to not pay as much attention.

My personal feeling is that Bush’s clampdown on terrorist funding post 2002, help the good Friday agreement come to fruition, as it dried up US funding to the IRA. That is a personally held opinion.

Za_Docta
Za_Docta

Isn’t “round up 30 men who think their country is worth dying for, attack certain group, hold out against police as long as possible” a play-by-play for the Waco Tragedy?

Cyberwulf
Cyberwulf

But what will he do when one of the refugees throws a beer over him?

Vanir (@Vanir85)

I could write a longer post on how this yet again shows the similarities between Islamic terrorists and Islamophobic extremists – but, quite frankly, Roosh is now so pathetic there’s no point. I can’t take him seriously enough to actually engage in debate based on his words.

Basically, it’s this (though infinitely less cute):

Cyberwulf
Cyberwulf

Alan, please provide some evidence that Martin McGuinness provoked Bloody Sunday, because the Saville Inquiry says he did no such thing.

Alan Robertshaw

@ cyberwulf

Well, Saville said that whilst McGuiness “probably” had his machine gun and fired it they could not be “sure” to the criminal standard of proof.

Saville went on to say that even if he had that shouldn’t have been a provocation, but I have to disagree with him (and anyone else who’s never been shot at) on that.

Cyberwulf
Cyberwulf

Also, the IRA would not have had the support it did if the political apparatus ofNorthern Ireland had not been heavily stacked in favour of Protestants and against Catholics from the very beginning. People who feel their votes count, who aren’t denied housing and employment based on their religion, and who can trust the police don’t end up feeling like violence is their only option so let’s join the guys with all the guns.