Uncategorized

MRA Jack Barnes is trying to silence me with increasingly explicit threats

Jack Barnes, in a screenshot of one of his YouTube videos
Jack Barnes, in a screenshot from one of his YouTube videos

Jack Barnes, the notoriously hotheaded Men’s Rights Activist and longtime contributor to A Voice for Men, has escalated his attacks on me. In a post on AVFM, Barnes addressed me directly:

I’m a junkyard dog with no owner and no collar. …

Didn’t anyone ever tell you that you shouldn’t piss off a redheaded country boy from the backwoods of Tennessee? I promise you David that for the rest of your life there will be nights you cry yourself to sleep in anger and frustration over me.

In a followup post on TwitLonger, someone claiming to be Barnes — and it seems abundantly clear that it is in fact him — threatened to drive from Tennessee to Chicago to confront me in

a face to face in person discussion … No cops. No lawyers or prosecutors. No judges. No jury. No hiding behind a computer. Just me and you. …

What I have done is, in fact, nothing — nothing beyond letting the world know of some of the disturbing things Barnes has posted online.

But as Barnes sees it, I am responsible for putting his family in danger. How? Well, not long ago, someone apparently doxed Barnes, posting personal information about Barnes and his family on Twitter.

Of course, I had nothing to do with the doxing and only learned about it later from an AVFM video. I don’t know who did it, and I have publicly condemned it several times.

I will condemn it again, right here: the doxing of Jack Barnes and his family was wrong and a deeply shitty thing to do; whoever did it is a shithead and no friend of mine.

But Barnes is convinced one of my “cult followers” did the deed and bluntly warns me that ” I hold you personally responsible for this occurring.”

Even though I did not dox him, don’t know who doxed him, did not tell anyone to dox him, and have publicly denounced doxing in general and the doxing of Barnes and his family specifically.

The TwitLonger post declares:

You have crossed a line David. This is no longer about the MHRM vs feminism. This is no longer about AVFM, which I have no affiliation with, and your website. This is no longer about Paul Elam publisher of AVFM vs you as publisher of your website. You have made this personal. This is now about me vs you.
I don’t care that your little cult follower doxxed me. But when he/she doxxed my wife and little girl it became personal.

The author of the TwitLonger post, almost certainly Barnes himself, says that he will only come to Chicago for the promised “face to face in person discussion” if his family members come to harm.

But I do not have the luxury of seeing the threats as conditional ones. There are no conditions listed when he writes:

I don’t know of any parent that would blame me for stomping a mud hole in your fucking ass and walking that motherfucker dry for what you have done! Hell, I bet even Gondi would be like “he did what to you family? Fuck him up!

He is not saying that he would only be justified in “stomping a mud hole in [my] fucking ass” if something were to happen to his family; he is saying he is justified in doing so now.

Because some person who is not me, and who is unknown to me, did something I only found out about later and that I have publicly denounced.

And a possible “stomping” is not all I have to worry about: in his AVFM post, Barnes made sure I know that he

live[s] in a state with more guns than people, where a side arm is as common as a cell phone and where it is legal for 10yr olds to hunt with high powered rifles and without adult supervision.

So I can only assume that if he ever decides to pay me an unwanted visit he will be armed.

The author of the TwitLonger post — almost certainly Barnes — declares that his obvious threats against me are not in fact threats but “simply a statement of fact.” I think any reasonable person reading these posts would see them as clear threats, and I am treating them as such.

And it is plainly obvious to me that Barnes intends to terrorize me into silence with his threats — as his “promise” on AVFM that “for the rest of your life there will be nights you cry yourself to sleep” thinking about him makes abundantly clear. His threats are consistent with the threatening language he uses against feminists online, particularly on Twitter, which are clearly intended to shut his opponents up. As he put it in one notorious Tweet

Adding to the surreality of this all, Barnes and his allies at A Voice for Men are so committed to their bizarre caricature of me as some kind of cartoon supervillain that they not only blame me for things I haven’t done but for not doing things that I have done. In this case, their eyes seem to have blurred over when they’ve come across the things I’ve written condemning the doxing.

In his AVFM post, Barnes wrote that while other feminists had denounced the doxing,

there was one person who has remain eerily silent about all this. That person is David Futrelle. Seems odd since all of this doxxing was done to avenge him. There is not a peep from Futrelle about this on his site or on social media anywhere that I could find. As a parent I know my kid is up to no good when she is quiet. Wonder if the same goes for adults (assuming the word applies)?

In fact, I had condemned the doxing two days earlier in a post that Barnes has publicly acknowledged reading.

On Twitter, AVFM’s “Chief Public Relations Officer” Suzy McCarley did Barnes one better, somehow managing to miss my denunciation of the doxing in a Tweet of mine that she was literally quoting at the time, leading to this rather surrealistic exchange:

Suzy McCarley ‏@SuzyMcCarley Suzy McCarley Retweeted David Futrelle Boobz had to know it and he didn't make a peep until he was called out. @DavidFutrelle STILL hasn't condemned it. Suzy McCarley added, David Futrelle @DavidFutrelle . @Jackbarnesmra I DID NOT DOX YOU OR YOUR FAMILY. I DON'T KNOW WHO DOXED YOU OR THEM. WHOEVER DOXED YOU/THEM WAS WRONG. RETWEET 1 LIKES 3 Bob LorinczMike KlengenburgMel Liflora 9:19 PM - 8 Nov 2015 Reply Retweet Like More Tweet text Reply to @SuzyMcCarley Who's in these photos? David Futrelle ‏@DavidFutrelle Nov 8 @SuzyMcCarley I called it out as soon as I heard about it. I condemned in in a post and in the tweet you just fucking quoted.

It is almost as if they are so committed to seeing me as a monster that they cannot handle it when reality defies their expectations.

Another longtime AVFM supporter, so-called “Honey Badger” Hannah Wallen, has added a decidely Kafkaesque series of Tweets to the Twitter dogpile, including one that puzzled me greatly until she explained her “logic” in more detail:

Eventually, I was able to understand that she was taking my concern over Barnes’ threats … as proof that I was planning to harm his family.

She explained her “logic” in a blog post I discovered later. Utterly ignoring my denunciations of the doxing, and of doxing in general, she declared that if i didn’t immediately “admit”that my worries about Barnes’ threats were “a completely irrational overreaction to being held responsible for the effects of his dishonest shit stirring on his followers” I was essentially admitting that I was planning some sort of attack on Barnes’ family:

[H]is current response indicates .. that he intends for harm to come Jack’s family as a result of his shit stirring, that he DOES encourage his readers to engage in this type of behavior, and that he DOES intend for one or more of his readers to respond to his writing by engaging in violence against HIS political opponents.

After all, “If X, then Y” only infers Y on the condition of X… so responding to “If you X, then I’ll Y” as if the individual has only stated “I’m going to Y” is an admission that you’ve planned on X happening.

This, I have to admit, is pretty ingenious. Kafka would be proud.

But just in case anyone thinks there is anything to Wallen’s sophistry: I do not support doxing in general, and have made this clear on numerous occasions. I did not, do not, will not support the doxing of Jack Barnes or his family, nor do I have the slightest idea who did it. I do not “intend … for harm to come [to] Jack’s family” or to him. (Indeed, I don’t even know where they live; not only did I have nothing to do with the doxing of Barnes and his family, I didn’t even know about it until after the doxing tweets were deleted.) I do not support violence against my political opponents.

All of this is obvious to anyone who actually reads what I write on this blog without their perceptions distorted by MRA-induced prejudice or preconceptions.

That said, I will not apologize for taking Barnes’ threats seriously.

Nor will I apologize for exposing misogynistic Men’s Rights activists to the light of day — not by “shit stirring” or engaging in Wallen-esque sophistry, but by quoting their own words and reporting their real deeds.

And when people harass and threaten me — whether that’s Barnes, those at AVFM who have aided and abetted his threats, or anyone else — I will take every legal step I feel is necessary for my safety and the safety of others.

This post is one of those steps.

weirwoodtreehugger

Delphi_ote,

The only reference I’ve seen to internet detective was this from Brooked

I get why dhag85 finds Barnes hinky, but I’ll take the dox at face value because I’d rather not play internet detective.

Which would be in agreement with your position. Could you clarify what you’re referring to with internet detective squad?

Dhag,
Oh my. So they’re scouring our comments for proof that we’re pro-doxxing and/or swatting and a comment that got shot down by everyone was the best they could come up with? Sad!

To all you MRAs reading this, if Joe isn’t one of you playing gotcha troll, he is at least not a regular commenter. I don’t remember this person at all from any other thread. Sorry, guys. You’re not going to find behavior as bad as yours or worse on this site. Try as you might.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

I’m actually being a hypocrite I shouldn’t say they’re falsely accusing, darn it with JB’s ableism and darn it about the blockquote mammoth.

sn0rkmaiden

Oh boy, I just read JB’s latest blog post about all this.

Talk about projection, she’s accusing David of playing the victim while making this whole shit storm about her and her ‘persecutors’.

So, David’s minions have been waging a campaign against her and the FBI is involved?
So she sent David emails and won’t hesitate to publish them? Well I for one can’t wait.

sbel
sbel

It’s possible that he got doxed by a feminist “sjw.” There are always a few shitty people in every movement, no matter how positive the movement/group is.

It’s also possible that he got doxed by a fellow mra pretending to be a “sjw,” or that he faked the whole thing.

I don’t think it’s really worth debating unless anyone has some evidence. No matter what actually happened, his comments about/against David are way out of line.

sn0rkmaiden

@sbel,

I can believe he got doxxed. What I also believe is that AVFM are using this as an excuse to scapegoat David and smear this blog and it’s readership, which is pretty darn cynical and opportunistic.

brooked
brooked

Unlike bvh, I see no point investigating this dox and that’s a bad road to take in general.

That said, I’m not going to pretend that I’m not skeptical about Barnes. People can be skeptical about Sarkeesian and anyone else, we’re going to have different rooting interests and people who we believe more.

This is a human reaction and not a terrible one.

Just don’t turn that skepticism as a reason to investigate or accuse Barnes of anything based on gut reaction. Barnes doesn’t have to answer strangers’ questions about the photo or ISP providers. I don’t know the truth about the dox and I won’t pretend to or claim to, that’s a reasonable moral stance in my mind.

I have no problem believing trolls attack anyone and trolls can presumably be sympathetic to any and every cause. I believe that Barnes can be harassed, I certainly believe pro-GG people were probably harassed because the whole thing was troll infested shit show.

JudgyB and others think that online harassment is fodder for PR spin that can be used to vilify their critics and gain impervious moral high ground. I believe they’re wrong and that strategy is fucking annoying.

I actually feel really uncomfortable speculating at all on whether or not he actually got doxxed. Even if the victim is a confirmed Lying Liar who Lies, speculating on whether someone is telling the truth when they claim something bad happened (outside of situations where it’s necessary to determine the truth, eg, insurance claims) is just a kind of shitty thing to do.

Regardless of how much of a Lying Liar he is, this still reinforces the idea that victims need to prove themselves before the court of public opinion and that victims have to act a certain way in order to be credible.

Imagine if someone else was reading who had been doxxed/swatted. How do you think all the “He didn’t go to the police! He lied this other time!” stuff would come across to them?

kale
kale

yea the point is that feminism as an ideology doesnt support harassment. So if an “SJW” sends a rape threat as JB alleges, that is directly in conflict with the concept of social justice and feminism in particular, because feminism teaches consent. Id go so far as to say a major part of supporting social justice and equality is to oppose people using power and force to silence and harm others in general, so I dont see the Barnes doxxing, particularly as it threatned a female child specifically, as being in line with feminism. Its like blaming Columine on Marilyn Manson or taking the odd coincidence of many mass shooters liking Catcher in the Rye as a reason to threaten JD Salinger’s family or something, it just doesnt follow logically.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Delphi_ote — other than perhaps disagreeing on the size of the problem, I agree with you. I’ve seen a handful of people say things like how he must be abusive, call CPS, or trying to google up info on him, all (by and large) told to knock that shit off. I’d prefer it not happen in the first place, for fucking sure, and openly claiming it’s likely a false flag really, REALLY rubs me wrong, but all in all it seems we’re staying above board morally. I guess what I’m saying here is that oh fuck yes are you right, but the people doing those things seem to be a thankfully tiny minority.

WWTH — I think the bit about an Internet detective square was in response to bvh’s speculation on the image the dox’er used, and their own attempts to find that image // images of him. Which, while really not fucking cool, was one person.

As for whether he was really dox’ed, who did it, whether his response changes those assumptions, etc — does it matter? What do we have to gain from doubting it? And what do we have to lose if we’re wrong? Personally, I’m sticking with fishy, but believing it happened and that it was someone not associated with WHTM, maybe a feminist, maybe another MRA, maybe someone who just doesn’t like him, doesn’t really matter who did it. And taking his apparent lack of police evolvement to mean it didn’t happen? Can we really please not go there? Whether there’s a right way to respond that proves the validity of it is really, really, not a thing for us to judge. But there’s certainly a wrong way, and it’s on display in all its ugly colors in the OP.

sbel
sbel

@sn0rkmaiden

Yeah, they’re behaving pretty badly. And they’re acting more delighted than concerned, so I can understand why some people think it must be fake.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Sorry bvh, I hadn’t seen brooked’s comment and didn’t mean to pile on.

Vanir (@Vanir85)

– sn0rkmaiden

HER OWN mails attacking and accusing David will surely be damning evidence of HIS wrongdoings…. wait…. no they won’t 🙂

As for who did the doxxing. I don’t think we should state that it absolutely must be a false flag. It might be, but it might also be someone who identifies as a SJW or feminist who did it. Shitty people can be found everywhere, even on the side that’s NOT full of misogynist, neoreactionary douchebags.

Chiomara
Chiomara

David, I am so so sorry. I hope you to stay well. Actually, it took a surprisingly long while for you to start receiving open threats. I hope nothing else happens.
You are one awesome person and a great journalist too. Thank you for digging into so much shit for us through all of these years, the informations in this blog and the discussions in this comment section improved my life and solidified my ideas, they definitely made me the feminist I am today and keep improving me daily, as well as providing me with a steady stream of cat pics. Be well.

Anne
Anne

Another proud feminist here. I stand behind you, David. Those MRAs seems determined to expose their shitty methods…Stay safe. Would this be a matter for the police?

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Agreed – no matter how much I may dislike and/or disagree with someone’s political or personal views, and even when they are raising children presumably with said views – this is absolutely not a valid reason to report them to CPS or whatever body holding similar authority that exists in their jurisdiction. Some guy on the internet being a dick with asshole opinions and jerkwad political views DOES NOT make assuming his family is in danger from him a legitimate concern whatsoever.

Also agreed – while I’ve stated that individuals should experience being shoe-less in a room with wall-to-wall lego flooring, it’s been my experience that ACTUAL wishes that a person be the victim of a violent act, be it implied or explicit are THOROUGHLY denounced by both David and WHTM commenters. This extends to the matter of doxxing and SWATting – those activities are NOT supported, endorsed, encouraged, or requested here. Anyone who indicates that they *might* do one or the other or both are called out and informed they will not be given refuge or safe quarter here.

David, be safe and you have my support.
Barnes and MRA/MGTOW/Redpillians/AVFM – wishing the continued safety of your family, even though I’m a feminist, who still thinks you’re a bunch of asshats.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

“I’m not aware of a single MRA, even the crazy ones, who have doxed a CHILD.” – JB

Oh really. AVFM found a video of a pre-pubescent boy being sexually assaulted on LiveLeak, saved it on their own server, and published it without blurring out the boy’s face. I complained to several of them when I ran across them in comments sections and none of them gave a shit. In this case, the boy’s identity was unknown but it was still a vile thing to do. Their motive was to depict women as sexual predators so they could have a misogynist ragefest about it.

In another case, an AVFM staff member set up a site to dox a woman he’d been convicted of sexually assaulting. It publicized the names of her and her family, their address, had a family photo including her baby, with a Google map containing directions to her house. AVFM provided a link to that website in support. (I’m not going to name the guy. He left AVFM and AVFM has wiped nearly every mention of him off their site.)

You’re a liar, JB.

TiredTexan
TiredTexan

Delurking to post support for David. Be safe. This sucks. Email me if you want some free legal advice (although I am not licensed in Illinois, so I’d have to be general).

Credibility is relevant to all of this. If the statements being made by the parties were evidence being presented at a trial, the credibility of all of the witnesses would be subject to cross examination, testimony of other witnesses, and documentary proof.

Here, the credibility of Barnes and the other MRAs has routinely been proven to be, at best, questionable, at worst nonexistent. Numerous falsehoods abound in their writings just about this incident. In contrast, David has been consistent, truthful and credible, not just with respect to this episode but all others of the same ilk. If this were a trial, there’d be no contest given the string of falsities.

But the reputation for truthfulness of any source is always at issue in any attempt to separate truth from falsity. The truth of the matter is that the MRAs, including Jack Barnes, have a long, proven history of spreading lies, and this is important. We would be fools to believe their statements about anything given this track record. And trying to bully people into accepting their narratives about what did or did not happen is not the same thing as what happened to Anita or Zoe. Anita and Zoe showed proof of what happened to them. It was confirmed. They are proven truth-tellers. Their evidence would be sufficient to meet any standard of proof in a court of law.

I can’t separate the wheat from the chaff when I receive information from people known to lie repeatedly about everything. And I won’t be the fool that conflates my skepticism about what really happened with situations involving proven facts and credible sources. I don’t know whether Jack Barnes was actually doxxed. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn’t. If he was, that’s wrong. Nonetheless, looking at this situation should not be devoid of the common sense that should pervade every review of evidence. He’s a known liar. He’s less credible because of it. Not my fault. I don’t believe anything coming from him because of his history. And, I really resent people trying to act like such reasonable skepticism is the same thing as what happened to Anita, et. al. It’s not.

In short, I get to consider the source, just like any other fact finder. The source sucks.

steampunked (@steampunked)

Junkyard dogs?

[img]http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-07/1/20/enhanced/webdr11/enhanced-buzz-13574-1404259479-56.jpg[/img]

Chiomara
Chiomara

Hey you guys, I share the thought that the people who are doubting it until it’s proved are doing the same that was done with Anita. It’s the exact same narrative. It’s natural that we all remain a bit skeptical, but please, keep this for yourself as it doesn’t even matter. And by all means, don’t go “calling him out” on “faking it” on Twitter or something like that. That’s horrible, don’t become that.

Cyberwulf
Cyberwulf

How fucking stupid do you have to be to start openly threatening people on the internet? “I’ll come to your house and by the way I have lots of guns.” Well done on using your real name Jacky boy. Enjoy the real legal consequences, you piece of shit.

Berdache from a previous life
Berdache from a previous life

David,

Sincerely hope that:
One: the threats are the typical internet BS that comes to nothing. Two: that you’re acting as if he’s showing up armed at your house tonight.

I so appreciate the work you do here. Holding the MRAs up to ridicule is the best way to dissipate their power.

And, yeah, doxxing is bad, no matter who is being doxxed. And, yeah, I’m a feminist.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Can’t believe I didn’t say this sooner but we are sorry that this is happening to you David and we are all right behind ya. Stay safe and strong. And also to the rest of the people who have dealt similar situations like this. Hugs sending to you all.

Auntie Alias

You’re a liar, JB.”

When was all that? That is way beyond disgusting. I can’t believe they are not labeled as terriorists on the Splc or the media yet.

megpie71

Here’s hoping this kind of foolishness doesn’t escalate, and that all people involved on both sides remain safe (both Mr Futrelle, and Mr Barnes). In case it needs to be said (yet again): the doxxing was morally wrong. It should not have been done. It was an invasion of Mr Barnes’ privacy, and as such an unkind, unethical act.

In case it also needs to be said (yet again): making threats of violence against another person, for whatever reason, is also morally and ethically wrong.

Oh, and I’m proud to say I consider myself a feminist. Have been for years. Intersectional feminist with strong Marxist leanings, to be precise – I’m interested in the sorts of systems of control the people who have power put in place in order to create and sustain this power dynamic. Including, it has to be said, co-opting the ambitions and hopes of people such as Mr Barnes and Ms McCarley, in order to create a layer of “shock troops” who will carry out the hard work of enforcing their systems, and thus be willing to fight tooth and nail in order to preserve a system which is not in their own best interests, and is, in fact, oppressing them.

(PS: I find the most annoying thing about sealions is the way they force you, by proxy, to turn into one of their kind, by requiring constant, personal re-iteration of the most bleedingly obvious points.)

leftwingfox

Adding in my voice of support David, agreement with the consensus that doxxing is wrong, the person who did it is an immoral asshole. I have seen nothing from David or the vast majority of commentators here that it, or the potential harassment resulting from that, ever acceptable. Also agree that the call for CPS was deserving of a ban. Outsourcing harassment to the state is despicable.

And none of that excuses Jack Barnes and his supporters for being violent bullies, liars, and overall shitty excuses for human beings.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@Fruitloopsie

Matthew Cline
Matthew Cline

@schadrach:

Likewise, when people are threatening children because of you, you might need to rethink your platform, your audience, or both.

If people were to restrict their speech because some random third-party issued a threat in their name, then that would encourage assholes to issues threats in the name of people they didn’t like in order to get them to restrict their speech.

SpleenyBaggage
SpleenyBaggage

Hi David. FWIW, I’m another feminist adding my name to this long list of your supporters. I’ve learned so much about fairness and morality and bravery on this website; I genuinely appreciate what you do and how you do it. Stay safe, stay well – best of luck.

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

I find if belieavable that Barnes would react the way he has if he’s worried for his family – It’s not a justification for his actions, but I can see how someone in this situation might not react in the most sensible way.
As for the other MRAs, I don’t think their reaction is even remotely fair. They might even be giving sensible advice to Barnes, but the way they’re behaving like they’re looking for a fight. Anyone who reads your blog knows that you don’t condone doxxing.

Anyway, stay safe, David. I also don’t think he will do anything more drastic against you, but ignoring threats doesn’t help anybody.

And I can’t deal with the “Gondi”.

Josva E

I’m sorry you have to deal with this bullshit, Dave.

If It’s any consolation, Barnes is the biggest try-hard internet tough guy lolcow I’ve seen in years. His whole persona screams “I was pantsed in the sixth grade and never got over it”.

drunkenhousewife

I am so sorry you have to deal with this stress. Thank you for all you do. You are appreciated hugely.

Sascha Vykos (@sacshavykos)

Just wanted to chime in to add my support and thanks for all you do, David.

Haven’t commented here much, but you’ve made me laugh instead of rage at this bullshit more times than I can count. Thank you, David! Please take care of yourself and try not to forget that you aren’t alone and that billions and billions (I kept careful count!) of us care about your well-being and will help you in any way we can.

Barnes:

“We’re not going to stop until no one will openly admit to being feminist”

This coward needs to hide behind his guns and computer while threatening people in order to make his useless dream come true? He has already lost, he’s just too stupid to realize it.

There is no chance in hell your dream is going to come true, Barnes. None. It’s been tried by “better” people than you than you, for like ever. They failed and so will you.

People will always disagree with you and you can’t threaten us all into silence forever. You’d be better off if you just learned to live with the terrible injustice of people disagreeing with you.

What happens on that day when every single femminist on the planet is afraid to say so, anyway? Does Barnes finally get a good night sleep? Does he breathe a sigh of relief and go back to playing with his boogers in the Tennessee dirt or whatever the fuck he does when he’s not threatening people on online?

Do he and Theodore Shoebat high-five and move on to stoning gay people and burning witches and infidels? What the actual fuck does he actually think will happen? Will the sky be bluer? Will unicorns finally be able manifest themselves after a few terrible decades of femminist psychic oppression?

More importantly, why does he even think that getting people to not verbally disagree with him is an attainable (forget worthwhile) goal? It’s just baffling. And did he really compare himself to a threatening animal? Who lives in a place where shooting at *anything* is, according to him, a hobby of feral children with guns bigger than they are? I don’t even know what to do with that, except to assume that this was not the mixed metaphor he was looking for.

Ugh, anyway, take care David and best of luck to you in dealing with this. Let us know if you need help, because we will 🙂

sbel
sbel

@ObviousHijinks (page 3),

That might be the last post with his name in the title, but there is a post about Barnes from Oct 30 titled:
A self-described harasser and abuser of feminists is accusing me of threatening Cassie Jaye

So that was not long before he got doxxed.

Chiomara
Chiomara

@sbel
And…?

Bananananana dakry
Bananananana dakry

Standing with the rest in hoping this shitshow resolves itself well, David, and that it’s the frothy mass of sound and fury signifying nothing that I think it is. Thank you for keeping on keeping on, because it’s proof cockroaches can’t stand the sun, and the Devil cannot stand to be mocked. These turdblossoms cannot stand to be ridiculed even when they’re at their most ridiculous and exposed, which says quite a lot about them, none of it good.

Stay safe and we’re thinking about ye.

sbel
sbel

@Chiomara

And what? Someone thought that the last post about Barnes was in February. I explained that there is a more recent post about Barnes. There is no and.

Bellzee
Bellzee

Yet another long time lurker and proud Feminist here, I wish you good luck in your dealing with that horrible human being that is Jack Barnes.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Auntie Alias

“The link to the doxxing website happened around the time ABC was planning to do a 20/20 show on men’s rights. That was a couple of years ago, I guess.

The sexual assault video was in an AVFM post made on May 19, 2014 in an article written by Dean Esmay. I reported it to the FBI and nothing happened.”

Thanks. It’s awful that these happened and you couldn’t get the FBI in this. Speaking of child rape I guess JB has never read any post written by Warren Farrel who believes it’s ok for fathers to “have relationships” with their daughters. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

DS
DS

@bvh You’re assuming that if the doxxer was able to get the guy’s IRL name he would somehow be incapable of going to Facebook.com, inputting the dude’s real name and identifying the person who matches the name, location, and history of the person he doxxed? Come on now. The picture is immaterial because Jack Barnes could have a variety of PRIVATE social media accounts where he has photos of himself, his family, etc. This is why I post almost no photos on my facebook.com account at all and why I have my account set to require my permission before allowing tags (I never give it) of my image in other people’s photos. In short, I don’t want to be an easy target for doxxing and other forms of social media manipulation in the future should I ever be in a situation where it would be lucrative for someone to dox me and attempt extortion or coercion with it. Screw that.

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@Fruitloopsie

It wasn’t stated quite as blatantly as that. I don’t remember the wording and I’m too weary to go looking for it. Sorry.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Gondi would be a great nickhame for Civ!Gandhi.

Moocow
Moocow

@SFHC

OMG I just learned of the infamous Ghandi-the-warmongler bug in the Civ games (thanks to cracked). Hilarious, I love it when video games bugs create stories of their own!

palanga
palanga

Sorry you have to deal with idiots like that. I appreciate your blog and honesty.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Hope you are safe, Mr Futrelle.

They try to pose you as some kind of cult guru, but well, eye, straw, beam, and so on.
They turn extremists, like in a sect, and that is not reassuring. It is impossible to reason with them, as they are in a ciruclar logic, fed by their own informations and mala fida. I hope no harm will be done.

Have a nice day.

gosuamakenatek
gosuamakenatek

Wow…I know I shouldn’t be laughing at any of this, because their behavior is sick and disgusting, but I just find it hilarious how clearly TERRIFIED they are of you! Not because you have threatened their safety, in fact I’m 100% certain that not a single one of them seriously believes you will cause them harm in any direct or indirect way, but because you threaten their beliefs.
You are one guy running a blog and it’s doing better than their entire site run by a large staff of people. You expose the real MRM by simply displaying the things they say and do publicly, on your blog that gets more traffic than their site, and that terrifies them because they know they can’t stop setting terrible examples for themselves because they can’t grow up. So instead they desperately look for ways to discredit you and paint you as the bad guy, because they want people to distrust you, because they are afraid of you. Remember how pathetic it was when they claimed that you posting the crap they say is the same as you trying to kill them? This is no different, just wild accusations based on sloppy logical gymnastics, in a frantically flailing attempt to excuse their own need to threaten enemies who they aren’t smart enough to actually debate.
Or to put it in a way they can understand, they want to make A = B according to C because A shows C that D = B and therefore (C + D) – [A /(DB)] = D.QJ%

A: Futrelle, B: evil, C: the public, D: MRAs, Q: Batman, J: pineapple

Myriad
Myriad

Sorry so late to the party but I wanted to say that you have my upmost support, David.

I’ve been reading this blog since April of 2012 and not once since that time have I ever read David or the mammotheers advocating doxing. This has been a consistent opinion here anytime the subject of doxing has come up, so what gives with Jack? Avfn have repeatedly been okay with doxing, so would it be out of the realm of possibility that it is his own people doing this?

Anyway, stay safe David.

Kat
Kat

@gosuamakenatek

Yes! And thank you. You’ve hit on an important point, perhaps the most important point. The MRM is running scared, and they’re flailing about desperately in a bid for continued attention and a positive cash flow. They’re frightened of the logic that David and the commenters bring to discussions of the MRM.

The energy they spend torturing logic in just one Tweet (poor logic — luckily, it’s made of stern stuff) could, in my estimation, heat or cool a major city for a day. If only we could harness this energy for good!

Really wondering
Really wondering

Let me get this straight. The guy’s 6-year-old daughter was doxxed in a creepy Twitter trantrum. And you are surprised that his reaction is a bit over the top? Are any of you people parents of small children? Or is the whole human race just an abstraction to you?

justlikeheaven
justlikeheaven

I was thinking about this today and I realized Barnes reaction is a prime example of the effects of Toxic Masculinity. His immediate reaction is one of threats and implied violence. It reminds me of so many narratives of “someone harmed dudes family and he takes matters into his own hands and gets revenge” that is pushed on society. Telling men this is the proper reaction to bad things happening to them is how we get situations like this.