a woman is always to blame antifeminism empathy deficit entitled babies evil sexy ladies grandiosity mansplaining mantrum men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA reddit

“I don’t believe there is any real love within them,” and other insights on women from a Men’s Rights Redditor

Women: Smug, soulless, incapable of making tea
Women: Smug, soulless, incapable of making tea

Bad news, ladies! Some dude who hates you thinks that you’re incapable of love!

In the Men’s Rights subreddit, a dude calling himself Cerehectus lays out his totally irrefutable argument against the women of the world. He’s a wee bit verbose, so I’ll put the best (i.e. worst) bits in bold.

A relationship in a woman’s mind is almost always an assessment of pros and cons. I don’t believe there is any real love within them. Rather, there is simply validation and security. If she gets bored, she can always trade up or cut loose and be supported. There’s no investment/risk in a woman’s prerogative. Therefor, she doesn’t have to mind her actions or develop a core being/principles.

Oh, you fickle, fickle women and your lack of a core being!

I’m not quite sure what a core being is, exactly, but I’m assuming that not having one is super duper bad.

But in the year 2015 in the United States of America, a relationship is no longer between a male and a female, but between a male and a female with her gynocentric legal and social system. The very system that takes away the power of men to be men; defining how they must behave and the consequences that befall them determined not by choices of their own, but of the female with whom they are in a relationship. The only way for men to protect themselves it to not be involved at all.

If you are going to go your own way, dude, I have several suggestions as to where you might go, and one of them starts with “Snake Island.” Well, it doesn’t really start with that, per se; Snake Island is the entire name.

Why wouldn’t a male want to go play video games, watch sports, and remove himself from a society that is openly hostile towards him? A society that believes he is not a creature unto himself, but a mule for the system itself and the women it favors?

I think it’s safe to say that most guys playing video games aren’t doing it because they think women have no souls. For example, I play Grand Theft Auto V because I like driving cars off of cliffs and not dying.

What are the redeeming qualities of women today?

They are not dependable. They’re not loyal. Very few have any domestic skills (my last girlfriend didn’t even know how to dice an onion, fold a pair of blue jeans, make a tea or how to use a can opener).

Huh. I’m pretty sure that every woman I’ve been involved with has been able to “make a tea” and use a can opener. Were you accidentally dating a blow-up doll?

They’re all on anti-depressants.

Hey, me too! Anti-depressants helped to rescue me from a life of crippling depression.

They’re aloof, narcissistic, and society is built from the ground up to worship them. They are not going to change and become quality people no matter how many liberal arts degrees they have until they learn about cause and effect and that their actions have consequences.

If the consequence of their actions is that guys like you stop pestering them for dates, I’m pretty sure there are very few women out there who would see this as a bad thing.

A female at this point is nothing more than a burden that can take everything if it chooses. In their effort to gain everything they’re going to lose everything.

And one day they will pay!!!! I will perfect my own race of people! A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the wor …

Sorry, I got carried away. It’s just odd that so many MRA and MGTOW speeches on the evils of women end up reminding me of Bela Lugosi’s famous rant in Bride of the Monster.

Given how often I am assured (by MRAs) that MRAs aren’t really the least bit misogynistic, you might expect that Cerehectus’s rant would have been downvoted all to hell. Nope! Last I checked it had nearly three dozen upvotes.

H/T — I think I found this via  r/TheBluePill or r/againstmensrights, but I lost the link.

Bina
Bina

Bina, your comment may be the best. Comment. EVAR!!!!

Seriously.

D’awww, shucks.
comment image

I’m assuming his list of things his ex didn’t know how to do are things she did just fine, but not the way his mommy used to do it for him, so he threw tantrums over the onions being diced the wrong size and the jeans being folded Gap style instead of hanger-ready style while never dreaming of lifting a finger himself. Amazing that she’s now an ex and he’s on the Internet complaining that women don’t have enough “loyalty.”

Oh gawd. I just suddenly got a mental picture of the dude from Sleeping With the Enemy. The one who would beat up Julia Roberts for not aligning the towels and arranging the cans in the cupboard just so.

Suddenly, an ephiphany has epiphed. This guy…is THAT guy. And he’s pissed because he couldn’t get away with trying to abuse — sorry, “train” — his girlfriend into submission. And that the law won’t allow him to do it to any woman he marries, either.

Ugh, I feel sick. Me go lie down now.

delphi_ote
delphi_ote

“I quite honestly feel that these people have only met and interacted with one or two women outside of their immediate family.”

If anything, you’re overestimating.

loquora

Seeing him comment about video games made me think of this:
Just stay out of the comments. Like most places on the internet.

delphi_ote
delphi_ote

“WHY HAS NO ONE EVER WORSHIPPED ME OR GIVEN ME FREE STUFF JUST FOR HAVING LADY PARTS?????”

Oooh! This sounds like a fun cult. Can we start a cult?

rjjspesh

‘Make a tea”

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@loquora:
Those comments are hilarious. Thank you for that, you made my morning.

dhag85

Were you accidentally dating a blow-up doll?

accidentally

Tessa
Tessa

dhag85:
Well, you see, it started as a prank a friend setup. But the guy didn’t seem to notice it was a blowup doll. Then it became sad. His friends were going to tell him, but when the relationship ended, they all saw it as a chance to side with the doll in the break up and never have to bother with him again.

Arthur Meyer

Apparently, trying to actually build up a romantic relationship with someone is just too much for these guys to handle.

To be brutally honest, I don’t want a woman in my life who does nothing but just waits on me to do everything. She needs to make the moves, be able to boss me around and tell me no from time to time. She needs to be, you know, a human being.

But I guess it’s because I’m a mangina after all… Now if I only had a little pink Prius decked out with My Little Pony gear could I prove myself true.

dhag85

@Tessa

Difficult to take sides when they’re both full of hot air. :p

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Here’s an alternate version (I hope this works)

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Oh god I can’t stop myself…must…resist…more…videos…

Ire
Ire

The thing that disturbs me the most is how they are ALWAYS against college degrees and antidepressants. Because anything that makes people less vulnerables is EVIL MISANDRY!

BritterSweet

While I’m still hooked on Mass Effect…

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

What about effecting change by adding something psycho-pharmacological to the water that would improve redpillian moods around the world?(The previous sentence was brought to you by: the NOT SERIOUS committee.)

bananananana dakry
bananananana dakry

If I wasn’t taking antidepressants to, you know, keep from sinking into an anxiety and depression-ridden mire already, this little dingleberry on a syphilitic hyena’s anus would sure inspire me to.

And then he wonders why no woman wants to be around him except in a transactional mode. The ones he even notices, anyways. Given that the rest who aren’t skinny HB8+ hotties under 23 don’t exist to him.

Wetherby
Wetherby

I’m fascinated by the implication that it’s impossible to both play video games and watch sports and maintain a decent relationship. I suspect the issue might be when he plays video games – for instance, if I did this on my own in the evenings instead of socialising with my wife and kids, they would reasonably get a bit miffed.

But then again, I actively enjoy socialising with my wife and kids, which I suspect is where these men are fundamentally going wrong. Because I daresay if you regard your partner as little more than your own personal slave, the chances of developing and maintaining the kind of mutually respectful (and mutually entertaining) relationship that I’ve enjoyed for close to fifteen years must be a bit slim.

liz regan
liz regan

Where does all this hatred and twisted ideology come from and where is is gong? I feel sad for these men and frightened for the women they know.

LocustRising
LocustRising

Turn away. Play video games. Watch sports. Wash your dirty tighty whiteys in the sink. Women, feminists, red pills, felines dont need you. Turn away. No one will cry for your lonely dark soul.

CCD
CCD

Pro tip: acting like a whiny, assholish downer who hates women isn’t exactly going to inspire the most cooperation, love, loyalty, etc. How’s that for cause and effect? Your actions have consequences, don’tcha know!

I can’t even believe that this guy has ever dated a woman. I’m not sure he’s ever even met one. In fact, I’m convinced that he was born by emerging from some sort of pod. THAT is how far from knowing what a woman looks like I think he is.

Bryce
Bryce

Women as fickle, self-centered commitment phobes etc., that’s been been floating around the manosphere since it began. Miserable whiners love company and the truly miserable don’t want the less far gone actually talking to women or getting into relationships (and quickly exiting the scene as a result.)

Sofia van der Linde

This guy sounds a lot like Elliot Rodger.

Michael Lindsay

Are these the same guys who want the sexbots?

Presumably because real women can’t do love like the lovinator 3000.

Anne
Anne

Give them the sexbots and an Island far away – those MRAs/MGTOWs give me nausea…

Chie Satonaka
Chie Satonaka

I love how they will simultaneously argue that women who don’t cook are somehow betraying their gender, but that only men can be good chefs.

The whine about women not cooking makes me think OP is probably around 20. When I was 20, I didn’t want to cook, either. As I’ve gotten older I’ve learned to love it, and have discovered that I’m pretty good at it. I also like to feed people. But I don’t see it as an extension of my gender. Food is one of those universal things that brings people together.

Any of these guys who complain about women not making them sandwiches could stand to learn a few things in the kitchen themselves. These guys love to talk about how strong and self-reliant men are, but they apparently are incapable of feeding themselves.

Strategos_Aner
Strategos_Aner

Honestly, I don’t understand what all the fuss is about with this post. Anyone who thinks that the behaviours described are untrue has probably never dated or even met a woman in the Western World over the past 40 years.

What the post suggests is that overall, marriage or romantic relationships are not a very good deal for the vast majority of men any more.

The 80/20 rule of mate selection in women is not a myth, it has been consistently proven in scientific surveys but most major media refuse to acknowledge the facts despite reporting them. It’s not some kind of conspiracy orchestrated by the ‘patriarchal scientific elite’.

And whatever mythology modern day feminists have created over what they call ‘Patriarchy’ it also crumbles on a more rational and detailed analysis. Unless, by ‘patriarchy’ one means the overall way of organising human societies worldwide since the advent of the agricultural revolution. Well, whatever these guys did it worked. Which is why we managed to progress to the point we are today. The truth of the matter is that there are no major examples of highly advanced civilisations that started and remained ‘matriarchies’. And no one has managed to explain how this ‘patriarchal’ take over managed to take place. A worldwide male conspiracy to subjugate all women and somehow men managed to coordinate this everywhere (from the remote jungles of the Amazon to the deserts of Arabia) and this without any modern communications. This is absurd to say the least. No system of ‘abuse’ and ‘slavery’ can survive and thrive for that long unless there are essential advantages to its use. Through thousands of years of trial and error, human communities all over the world have established the social and political organisation that has the most benefits to survival and progress. And this for the most part happened with the consent of all parts (women included).

Now, given the types of comments posted on this site, I expect the negative reaction of people to the points covered above and quite a few ‘ad hominem’ attacks to me personally. But people will try as much as possible to avoid the facts once more.

Over the past few years (esp since 2008 and the Great Crash) a combination of dire prospects both professionally and in the romantic/relationship/dating area (these two usually go together) is causing a lot of men to gradually withdraw from a lot of traditional institutions of society including marriage, higher education and the mainstream professions. Instead of these institutions (plus media and analysts) to spend some time to have a closer look to the causes of this phenomenon, they once more use men as the easy target for vile comments and accusations. They are all ‘lazy, no good, mommy’s boys’ who are ‘afraid of all commitments and adult responsibilities’. Case closed. Let’s go for a beer now. Imagine if someone would do that for any women’s issue or problem. There would be complete moral outrage from all sides.

This is why the phenomenon will continue and intensify as the economy gets worse and what is perceived as hostile attitude towards men just because of the fact that they are men, will continue to exist in the media, academia and the courts of law.

Women will have to get their brains together, think deep and think carefully on what world they want for their fathers, husbands and sons. Otherwise, there will come a day that these men will not even be willing to defend women as soldiers or leaders. Stop making them feel guilty for actions that their long dead ancestors did hundreds of years ago and to which they had no part of contribution.

I think my post is too long already and I will have to stop here. Any rational and well expressed arguments/responses are welcome.

dslucia1
dslucia1

On top of egregious amounts of “female” being thrown around, one thing that particularly stuck out to me was this:

Yeah, no misogyny here at all. Hey, buddy, as somebody else who plays video games I’d appreciate it if you kindly got out and stopped soiling the reputation for everyone else. GribbleGarb has already thrown us back to the mid-’90s, and it’ll probably take another decade to wash away that stink.

Ellesar
Ellesar

Who says ‘blue jeans’?! Judging by that, and the rest of the twaddle he is from the 50s – a whiny 20yo from the 50s!

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

“Momma ? Momma, where are you ?”
Oedipus. Oedipus everywhere.
Well, in fact, it can also be Daddy, because of chore sharing. But maybe not for them ?

Have a nice day.

mockingbird

@Shaenon – That was my thought.

dice an onion just the way I want (the pieces are too big/small/irregular!!!), fold a pair of blue jeans the way that I think it should be done, make a tea – she doesn’t add just the right amount of honey!!! – or how to use a can opener – EVERYONE knows that you hold the can from the BOTTOM not the SIDE!!!

mockingbird

@BritterSweet – That, no lie, made my day and has been saved to my YouTube account.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Isn’t everyone’s relationship like this when first figuring out whether you like that person enough to date them?

If she gets bored, she can always trade up or cut loose and be supported.

Well, yeah. She’s not tied to you forever, dude. Why should anyone put up with feeling “bored” in a relationship? That’s a good sign that the relationship is not a good fit, and the best thing for both partners is to move on.

How are Video Games and Sports not a part of Society? How are they not multi-billion-dollar businesses and cultural touchstones specifically marketed towards men and their money, as “creatures unto themselves”? (And even though Video Games have always been played by feeemales, you just know he doesn’t factor that in to his reasoning, because Sacred Manly Man-cave).

It’s almost become a gender-swapped “A Room Of One’s Own” when it comes to preserving these retreats Away From Society that are Man-space Only. I was thinking about this yesterday, and about how Gentlemen used to belong to various private Clubs, for the purpose of having Man-space. Why don’t they all just join the Man-Boy Scouts and go camping?

mockingbird

@Ellesar – Can you get me the clicker so I can watch the tube? My blue jeans have a rip in them and I don’t want to get up.

lwd
lwd

…and society is built from the ground up to worship them.

Truth is, worshipping women doesn’t play any kind of role in society-building. You kind of have to have interest in and focus on what you’re building. Case in point, the many inventors that had no interest in the opposite sex and died virgins.

But hey, if everything you’ve done up until this point has revolved around impressing the opposite sex, I suppose you would make the mistake of assuming that’s how everyone has operated all throughout history.

kupo
kupo

Hahaha, I love how everyone in the comments on that video game console article are arguing that a) it doesn’t count because the women are all single mothers who “own” their kids’ consoles and b) women must be lying about how much they dislike problematic games if they’re the majority of console owners.

Wetherby
Wetherby

Certainly anyone with even a modicum of emotional intelligence who’s capable of thinking through the concept of what a relationship actually IS.

mockingbird

I <3 how they don't think that people can enjoy media while still wishing that the more problematic elements weren't there.

Ghost Robot
Ghost Robot

What’s so very exasperating about reading these whiny MGTOW screeds is the way these guys try to make it sound like they’re “depriving” women of an allegedly great catch. There’s much to be said for choosing singledom – some people struggle to maintain a sense of self in relationships, others are bad at sharing, and some simply function better single – but these MGTOW crybabies are all about the sour grapes. They really want to be in a relationship, but are far too emotionally stunted to accept what that entails, so they’ll just pretend they don’t want one. Loudly and repetitively. All the while proving that they shouldn’t be in a relationship anyway. Fear, projection, immense self-loathing – it’s all on display here.

Newt
Newt

The very system that takes away the power of men to be men

Is there a misogynist bingo? Because I’d want “men can’t be men” or “Punished
for being men” or the like on every one of my cards. It’ll always come up!
*sigh*

I’ve been crossing off “I’m just an old-fashioned gentleman” when I hear those. Maybe I need a newer set:

kylagb

Pretty clear that this dude is pissed some girlfriend of his didn’t want to fold his jeans and cook his food for the rest of her life.

ColeYote
ColeYote

Well, I don’t doubt none of them have ever been around a woman who loves them.

Saffi Eriksdotter (@SaffiEriksdottr)

By this logic, gamers must like the ending of Mass Effect 3 if they kept playing it after the ending was spoiled. Clearly, playing a game is equivalent to approving of every aspect of it, so gamers who complain about bad endings, poor gameplay, glitchiness, etc. must be lying if they still play that game.

Catherine Reed (@Radiojane1)

The “women have no real love/soul” thing seems to be related to the “women’s brains are infantile, that why they cry all the time” meme I see on every gender-related Ted talk video on Youtube.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Uhh… In addition to all the other logical failures already mentioned, just because they own a console doesn’t mean they own the specific game in question. Or that their console is even the one the game is on. There’s more than one console and they don’t come prepacked with every game ever made, dudebros.

autosoma

you know in the many times I’ve eaten food with diced onions, from my grannies home cooking as an 8yo to restaurants, to date nights to my own, I have never for the life if me never noticed the size of the onion dices. how very observant of him.

also I’m more than happy to join the lady parts appreciation club, unfortunately I can’t give free stuff other than bits adoration, cos I’m skint.

Moggie
Moggie

Paradoxy:

Did she live in Canada, and we’ve just never met her?

I believe you may be right. Also, I wonder about this guy’s house and its proximity to the beach.

Also: yay! You’re back on youtube! And boo! I can’t watch it, because I haven’t played Binding yet!

Chelsea
Chelsea

How dare women take medication of help with any emotional or mental maladies. MRAs prefer their women depressed, insecure, anxious, and paranoid, just like God intended.

freemage

mockingbird | November 5, 2015 at 8:48 am

It’s particularly obtuse given how much geeks in particular will obsess over a small flaw in a generally acceptable entry into their genre. There’s entire YouTube channels dedicated to nothing but examining the minutae of Star Trek continuity and science errors (let alone disliked characters). I like Voyager, even if I think that Neelix should’ve been lost to an ‘airlock accident’ two episodes after he was introduced, and that Threshold should never be considered canon; it’s just a fever-dream Paris has after eating some of Neelix’s cooking.

It’s not that women don’t enjoy games; it’s that they would enjoy them MORE if these things were not present, asswipes.

Paradoxical Intention

Moggie | November 5, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Paradoxy:

Did she live in Canada, and we’ve just never met her?

It better be DIRECTLY on the beach, or else he won’t have anything to feel superior over.

And oh noes! To be fair, the only thing you can spoil in the game is the various levels and items. There’s not really a story beyond the traditional Isaac story of “religious parent wants to serve their God, God says ‘hey, kill your kid for me to prove yourself’ and parent goes ‘k'”.

So if you’re worried about that, then I would say watch it anyways, but if you’re worried about spoiling new items, then don’t.

@The idea that feminists can’t like media if they criticize it: I’ll stop linking this when it stops being relevant.

Iogrey
Iogrey

My ex used to scream at me for not folding his tee shirts properly because laundry was my job – basically because he said so. He had reasons, though; he just shouldn’t have to say what they were cause I should just know. I’m so glad that everyone here seems to notice how this guy’s rant sounds suspiciously like a lot of projection.

“There’s no investment/risk in a woman’s prerogative.” Hmmm. I invested 35 years of my life. I risked my health, happiness, and sanity and mostly lost.

“They are not going to change and become quality people . . . until they learn about cause and effect and that their actions have consequences.” I know all about consequences. I faced consequences for everything, no matter how trivial or well-intentioned. My ex will not accept that I don’t want to be with him and that his kids don’t have much use for him anymore because he cheated, lied, and abused his family for so many years. He seems to feel that he should never, ever have to face the consequences of his actions, but I should face terrible consequences for not enjoying his bullying or stalking behaviors.