antifeminist women evil fat fatties gender policing harassment misogyny MRA red pill

Cassie Jaye launches devastating attack on things I didn’t say

In reality, I am not made of straw.
In reality, I am not made of straw.

“Red Pill” director Cassie Jaye has responded to what she calls my “slanderous claims” about her. You can find her video on the subject, and a transcript of it, on her Kickstarter page. (The posts that offended her can be found here, here and here.) It would be quite an effective takedown of me, if what she wrote were actually true.

I was going to write out a detailed response but instead let me give you the tl;dr version as it played out on Twitter last night:

ctw1

ctw2

ctw3

ctw4

After her video went up, a small squad of her supporters headed here to share their lovely opinions with me. Their comments went straight into the trash, but, what the heck, I thought I’d fish out a couple of them to share with you all now.

jjrockmale gravatar.com/jjrockmale jjrockmale@gmx.com Submitted on 2015/11/03 at 11:16 pm Hey you boobsie. I know you will delete this. But I know your pathetic bitch ass has watched Cassie J’s answer to you. Please, don’t try to choke on your chicken leg too much. Or do, don’t care. YOurs in ZFG, and go f yourself you pwoor oppweseed wittle feminist. Al Phamal youaretwit.com getbenttwit@fu.com Submitted on 2015/11/03 at 10:50 pm What a stunning intellect you must have to try so hard to silence dissent. You are the furthest thing from a man I have seen in quite some time.

I guess these are the heroes of truth and objectivity who are funding her documentary.

EDITED TO ADD:

But wait! There’s more! Jaye’s fans on Twitter also have some things to say.(Mildly NSFW.)

Alex
Alex

she’s more offended by you casting a critical eye on her documentary than guys literally stalking her…really?

raysa
raysa

Can she not read? Or can she not comprehend what she has read?

Interesting, that Jaye will create a problem where there is not a problem, while simultaneously ignoring a very real problem that she pretends does not exist.

Anne
Anne

They are also very busy on AVfM about this – of cause they “forgot” to check what David actually said…

autosoma

there’s got to be a word for this, not reading/comprehending the souce, and then reading second hand biased opinion and going off in a high dudgeon. It’s quite amazing really. I think she’s get more credibility if shed got an award from the portlandia film festival (I binge watched it in Netflix).

gabrielletpatterson

I feel like…I dunno, I feel like this should be dropped. She’s clearly angling for free press, and clearly willing to “paraphrase” (is that what we’re calling lying now?) in order to get d-bag dander up. It’s gonna be a trash film. Not “The Sarkeesian Project” level trash, but trash regardless.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Welp, it’s settled then isn’t it. After watching her preview I still thought she might possibly produce a balanced documentary and the “crisis of conscience” shown could be just for dramatic effect.

She made an interesting claim in the Brietbart piece, something along he lines of “why are feminists trying to silence meeee! There are documentaries about KKK and Westboro Baptist Church!”

How does she fail to realize nobody is “telling both sides” when it comes to the opinions of the KKK?

Social Justice Shota
Social Justice Shota

I suppose she is a feminist the same way Christina Hoff Summers is a feminist.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Seconding Alex, how is she more upset over David saying her film was awarded by a scam festival than creeps stalking her?

It’s ironic for these d-bags to hate white knights and yet they’re doing the same for Cassie, calling you an poor oppressed little feminist when they’re the ones who think they’re oppressed and wanting to eliminate misandry but say you are not a man.

Hedin
Hedin

“The majority of our support has been from middle of the road supporters of free speech and combating censorship.”

That’s pretty revealing, since no one has made any attempt to censor her, or MRAs. Only far right idiots who think not listening/not agreeing with them is the same as censoring them could even make a connection. When the right says, “free speech,” they almost always mean ideological hegemony.

Not sure why I listened past the part where she referred to Milo as a journalist.

weirwoodtreehugger

Alex,
Apparently, she’s the “cool girl.”

Lewis Muirhead - WCWFromTheBeginning

“You know the type. The one doesn’t get along with girls because they’re too much drama. The one is not a feminist because she loves men. The one who thinks that the best way to escape misogyny is to turn a blind eye to it.”

Yep. It’s all fun and games until Elam declares her film insufficiently positive and she’s just another gendered slur…

Moocow
Moocow

I really hope that Cassie Jaye reads this post of yours and sees what her supporters are truly like. Does she approve of her defenders using gendered insults, fat shaming and declarations that you are ‘not a man’?

Hedin
Hedin

Goddamn. You can tell someone is going right wing when they start bawwing, “everyone is against me! It’s a smear campaign because they want to silence the truth!” Like, that’s the moment in her response where she makes the most unambiguous display of ideologically committed to the right. By whining.

We really need to start showing the right for the thin-skinned crybabies they are.

Shadow_Nirvana

The first time you posted her picture, I thought she looked like Amy from “Gone Girl”. Now I am seeing she acts like her, too.

Moocow
Moocow

Also, this is ridiculous:

So apparently if I am distrustful of someone for ANY reason and that person happens to be a woman, then I’m a misogynist. The more you know! /s

Johanna Roberts

@moocow… wait, she said David’s a misogynist because… he pointed out her fake film award was fake?

Drezden
Drezden

“Journalist Milo Yiannopoulos from Breitbart.com reported on my difficulties finding funding and the resistance I was experiencing while making this film. His article inspired a flood of free speech and anti-censorship crusaders to go to the Kickstarter campaign page and make a pledge”

Look, you’re making a documentary about MRAs. If you see a correlation between a Milo article and an influx of donor and you don’t make the connection that they are MRA (adjacent), then you’re either

1)Incredibly naive and not much of an investigator, or
2)Willfully ignoring the obvious

Johanna Roberts

Well, not FAKE. But scammy.

KafkaNoMore
KafkaNoMore

Cassie said that her documentary is (kind of) funded by MRAs in her interview for Vocativ, unless the people at Vocativ are lying (quite unlikely).

Cassie claimed that she won at Cannes, but she forgot to tell the world that she didn’t won at the real Cannes, but at a copy-cat scam festival also called Cannes, that the original (real) Cannes considers as a scam. – David just pointed that out.

A. Cassie wants drama (or attention) for publicity! B. Cassie deliberately lies around, that she hasn’t said things she has said C. She has a low level of comprehension.

Either way, nothing works in Cassie’s favour, she seems dishonest and is not ashamed of it.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Er, when did anyone say (or imply or hint or use dog whistles or ANYTHING) that she shouldn’t be trusted because she’s a woman? It’s because she said several questionable things in the Brietbart piece that suggested the film had become a thinly-veiled advertisement for the manosphere.

Isn’t this the logic JB uses? “Criticizing me, a woman? Seems you are the true misogynist!” Much clever. /s

Judas Peckerwood
Judas Peckerwood

With “feminists” like Cassie Jaye on the job, who needs MRAs?

dhag85

MRAs love the straw man that feminists believe criticizing a woman makes you a misogynist. And the moment a woman they happen to like is criticized, they’ll cry misogyny. Do they honestly believe this is how misogyny works, or are they just trolling?

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

I’ll bet I’m not the only one who thought, “GamerGate!” when reading that. Her spiel sounded like GG or AVFM wrote it.

1. Claiming false accusations.
2. Screaming defamation over mere criticism.
3. Accusations of misogyny; i.e. checkmate feminist!
4. Misuses the word ‘attack’.

Shorter Cassie: WAAAAAAHHHHHH! Congrats, toots. You are officially a professional victim.

dhag85

I would love to hear an MRA explain what free speech has to do with any of this. Apparently, not having your documentary funded by feminists counts as censorship now.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

WWTH
Anytime I hear anyone say women and girls cause too much drama I want to reply “go read a history book”

Moocow
Mistrust (along with fear) of women and girls falls under gynophobia. Misogyny is hatred and contempt of women and girls, it’s not disagreeing with them and/or calling their garbage out. Isn’t using the sexist card what feminists do according to them?

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

Blogger David Futrelle has launched a misogynistic smear campaign against me. He has waged unfounded and baseless attacks against my character and reputation, I believe in an effort to discredit myself and The Red Pill movie so that others – who have not been actively following the truths of this film and the Kickstarter campaign – will then write-off this film entirely, which will create roadblocks for us when we’re attempting to obtain distribution, festival screenings, and reviews from film critics who may have otherwise been supportive of this film.

Who knew David was so powerful and influential!

KafkaNoMore
KafkaNoMore

It is funny how Cassie calls David a misogynist, while the subjects of her documentary are “all about” pacifism and glitter unicorns. They are completely not a misogynist hateful mob that abuses and harasses women, no, no.

Her stalker must have been invented by Vocativ and the “idea” that she could go into hiding if the MRAs don’t like her film is as well invented by them?

But we might ask, why somebody would even consider to go into hiding to escape such a pacifist and joyful community like the MRAs??

Is there something Cassie hides from us, the fact that she knows what the MRAs are up to, but she is so deep in this sh*t, that she must lie around in favour of them to save her poor ass?

weirwoodtreehugger

Cassie Jaye definitely has a bright future as a Fox News “journalist.” Since she’s a cool girl, I’m sure she won’t mind that in the Faux News universe a female journalist is only supposed to be blonde, have nice legs and wear skirts, and only lob softballs at conservatives.

Another thing she’s doing that seems shady to me is that she’s kind of implying – or at least not correcting the right wing/MRA misinformation that she had funding problems because of some sort of vast feminist conspiracy. In fact, funding issues are a fact of life for all filmmakers. Even established ones. For example, Cabin in the Woods had all sorts of problems and was released a long while after filming and it had Joss Whedon’s name attached to it.

Dreamer
Dreamer

Her whole statement is cringe worthy.

autosoma

do you think aurinis and Owen could get gigs with her their are very experienced documentary people after all

Tim G
Tim G

Cries of censorship are misplaced. David Futrelle doesn’t have the power to prevent anyone’s documentary from being made or seen. He is not a censor anywhere but this blog.

However, Cassie Jaye is most probably correct that her credibility is being attacked because her film allows MRAs to speak for themselves, and because she has indicated that she is sympathetic to at least some of their views.

If she had announced that she was planning to release a vicious takedown of MRAs, exposing their ugliness and hate, it is very hard to imagine that David Futrelle would have researched and published the Cannes Independent Film Festival article. He went after Cassie Jaye’s credibility specifically because she put herself on the wrong side of the issue.

loquora

I guess her movie was supposed to let everyone have a say, but she technically never said she had to actually listen to what was being said. Including reading what David said about her, and what the Red Pillers say about women in general. She’s made her bed of broken glass and hatred, I wonder if she’s considered that eventually she’s going to have to lie in it.

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

@Johanna Roberts
To be fair, It seems she’s under the perception (or pretending to be under the perception) that David thinks she can’t report on the manosphere because she’s a woman – and not because as a woman she wouldn’t be able to fully grasp a men’s movment, but because her being a woman would make her not smart., which… I think it’s plain to see that David’s mistrust comes from the views she seem to hold on the manosphere, rather than anything to do with gender.
She’s most likely trying to gain sympathy, but if she’s being honest, I think this statement says more about her than about David.

Dodom
Dodom

@Dreamer: Everything that came in or out of this project is pure, concentrated cringe. That can’t be hygienic!

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

Aren’t any of the manospherians cirticizing Cassie Jaye crying out “Misoginy!” when a man criticizes her and question her credentials (unless David isn’t a man because reasons?)? Because so far I’ve only seen “white-knighthing”
What is good for the goose apparently isn’t good for the gander.

hypnotosov

I think it’s important that the Crusaders of Free Speech like Milo, RaphRetort, MundaneMatt and Paul Elam should get an Oscar* for their role in this fight against the RadFems who tried to censor this project by not throwing money at it.

* Not to be confused with the Academy Award of Merit with which it shares a name.

Tara the Antisocial Social Worker
Tara the Antisocial Social Worker

Remember, if you use free speech to criticize MRA’s, that’s CENSORSHIP!

Paradoxical Intention

Whelp, any suspicions I had are now confirmed: Cassie Jaye appears to be a White Feminist.

Not a feminist who happens to be white, mind, but a White Feminist.

I only hope that she does some goddamned research while making this film and doesn’t swallow the MRA’s brand of “truth” wholesale.

RosaDeLava | November 4, 2015 at 5:40 pm
@Johanna Roberts

And still conveniently ignoring all the women who are also saying “Hey, this is a really bad looking thing!”, and “Hey, your award isn’t from the real Cannes, so why aren’t you correcting anyone who thinks it is?”

Nope. Must be because David’s a sexist man trying to keep her, a woman who is out to inform the world, down!

She’s still running on Baby’s First Feminism, it seems.

Moocow
Moocow

@fruitloopsie

Interesting, I wasn’t familiar with the word gynophobia. And yeah, seriously their double standard bullshit apparently knows no boundaries. So many of them have these ridiculous notions about feminism, and seem utterly shocked to see that we don’t abide by the ‘rules’ they’ve imagined in their head (i.e. ‘feminism mean that a woman is right no matter what’). The idea that they could be wrong about anything is just impossible!

Ultimately, all Cassie Jaye seems to be doing is digging herself into a deeper hole. It’s going to take a shitload of cognitive dissonance to declare that David Futrelle is a misogynist but then be completely okay with the behavior of, well, everyone she’s making the documentary about.

idledillettante

My opinion of Jaye is plunging lower than shares in Blackberry handhelds. If her intent was to come off as moderate, she’s losing that battle handily.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Cassie’s a feminist?

Hedin
Hedin

@RosaDeLava manospherians aren’t driven by anything but hatred and resentment. Just like the “white power” movement was a crappy copy of black power, the men’s rights mveoment is nothing but an attempt to turn feminist thinking upside down while slavishly copying it.

Ideological consistency is beyond their abilities. I’ve never seen a feminist (or anyone on the left) who plays the victim card as aggressively and un-selfconsciously as aggrieved white dudes. As long as it’s someone on their side doing it, their entire response is always, “take that feminists! Who’s the misogynist now, you c**t?” Their beliefs wouldn’t survive the self-awareness required to apply those beliefs consistently. Reactionary politics aren’t beliefs, they’re just reactions.

idledillettante

Ps I love how Jaye called David a blogger but Milo Y a journalist. David’s written at publications Milo will never be allowed to.

rick
rick

I thought red pill dudes were against “white knighting”. Guess its a flexible faux pas.

pkayden
pkayden

When your opponent resorts to calling you fat or ugly, they’ve lost the argument and they know it. Margaret Cho summed this up well.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

I’d say she’s no type of feminist at all. Maybe she thought feminism meant men had no problems and women had all the problems? That would account for her surprise at being “enlightened” by Paul Elam et. al.

It’s a bit cool to be feminist at the moment, which means all sorts of people want to claim the title without having any understanding of what it means or without trying to actually challenge any patriarchal ideas (wouldn’t want to make the mens uncomfortable!). I’d think she is that type of person.

leftwingfox

It’s funny how pulling the string can cause someone to unravel like that. “This award seems fake.” Ok. If she just ignored it, I would set that aside as a minor ego thing, and generally stopped giving two shits about her until the film came out, then judge that as it came.

Instead, it’s the whole mess of sloppy thinking, false equivalences and nonsense come tumbling out as this unspools.

suffrajitsu
suffrajitsu

I respect y’all for having given Cassie Jaye the benefit of the doubt, but I was getting some seriously sketch vibes from this woman ever since that Cannes award, not to mention that embarrassing Milo interview. I still wish her the best cuz holy shit, the MRAs are fucking terrifying when a woman gets on their bad side, but I just can’t look at how she’s handling this without thinking she comes across really, really badly:

“Yes I got an award in Cannes” is the most disingenuous shit response to an entirely valid criticism and it’s even worse when David’s original post didn’t even accuse her of fraud in a hit and run, but went pretty out of its way to be fair (frankly it gave her far more of the benefit of the doubt than I would have; yeah, sorry, but no way I can buy that a documentary filmmaker–let alone a documentary filmmaker who’s made several movies now–wasn’t completely aware of what she was doing by touting her “Cannes Independent Film Festival award.”)

Hyatt
Hyatt

Which is based on the assumption that a major award-winning director is getting denied funding because her documentary will be sympathetic to MRAs. When the reality, as the article on the “Cannes award” revealed, doesn’t have anything to do with censorship. She’s a small-name director who’s won small-name awards and is facing the same issues all small-name documentary makers get, no matter what their subject matter is.

1 2 3 6