anti-Semitism antifeminism cuckolding dark enlightenment drama kings entitled babies evil SJWs hate speech literal nazis misogyny oppressed white men racism reactionary bullshit

Racists, Trump fans and Chuck C Johnson join together in #BoycottStarWarsVII crusade

I see what you did there.
I see what you did there.

Good news for Star Wars fans: when you finally get your chance to go see Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters, you won’t find yourself stuck sitting next to a white supremacist. Or Chuck C. Johnson.

Yes, it’s true, #BoycottStarWarsVII is a real thing, brought to you by more or less the same motley crew of racist trolls and “alternative right”-wingers who catapulted the term “cuckservative” into mainstream Republican discourse not that long ago.

Their complaint? That the upcoming episode in the Star Wars saga, directed by JJ Abrams, supports “race mixing” and therefore “white genocide.” Because one of the main characters is, you know, B-L-A-C-K. And some of the others are B-R-O-W-N. Oh, and JJ Abrams is a J-J-JEW.

I’ll let this Twitter dude explain.

He’s also apparently worried about property values in the far-away galaxy where Star Wars takes place.

Naturally, the boycotters took this as an excuse to make and post an assortment of new, Star-Wars-centric racist memes.

Others used the boycott as an excuse to post some old favorites:

Do any of these putative Star Wars boycotters actually give two shits about Star Wars? Do they know how many suns rise and set on Tatooine? Could they tell a sarlacc from a hole in the ground?

Nah. Most of these guys are fake geeks trying to use the phony “boycott” as a way to spread some of their favorite white supremacist catchphrases into mainstream discourse — notably their daffy contention that “diversity = white genocide.”

Apparently they don’t know, or care, that most of those who’ve even noticed the “boycott” are laughing at them —  noting how fragile their “whiteness” must be if the very thought of a black guy playing a stormtrooper causes them to screech about “white genocide?’

As one of the mockers put it:

But the boycotters aren’t the only opportunists here.

Everyone’s favorite internet garbage “journalist” Chuck C. Johnson has also jumped onto the Star Wars boycott in an attempt, presumably, to capture some of its notoriety (and traffic-driving potential) for himself. In a post on his garbage site, Johnson offers a tortuous explanation for his alleged outrage over the muticultural cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

“[T]here’s a disturbance in the force,” he writes, because he’s the kind of hack who thinks a reference to “a disturbance in the force” in a post about Star Wars is clever.

[A] group of white nerds are rightly upset that Star Wars is painting white people as the enemy.

Is the very white Star Wars being culturally appropriated by the Jewish J. J. Abrams? …

Star Trek is a productive of a white America whether or not we want to accept it. The action figures that made George Lucas a billionaire were purchased by suburban white families.

By “productive” he apparently means “a product of.”

It was white and Jewish-American nerds that put us into space and yet it’s Guatemalan-born (Oscar Isaac), Mexico-born Kenyan (Lupita Nyong’o), and the British-born white girl (Daisy Ridley) and the British-born Nigerian (John Boyega) who get to fight for the Rebel Alliance.

None of these countries even have a space program.

Wait, what?

I’m pretty sure muppets don’t have a space program either, but they’ve played a rather important role in the Star Wars saga.

Space belongs to the people smart enough to invent rockets and indoor plumbing. It belongs to a frontier people, thank you very much. And now the frontier is flooded with the Third World, drowning out the ambitions of those white nerds. … young white boys (yes, they’re boys) … won’t be much interested in a version of the future where they are cast as the villain.

On a small planet named “Earth” in the Milky Way galaxy, James Earl Jones looks upon Twitter and laughs.

It sounds like this:

SPEAKING of Michael Dorn…he slammed GamerGate a while back.

mockingbird
mockingbird

re: “Why would Jewish people promote interracial relationships?”:

*watches Conspiracy 50 times*

*watches American History X 50 times*

*puts on Awful Person glasses*

The Joos want to rule the world and dominate the White Race. Since the White Race is Naturally Superior, so the only way to do this is to play to their Naturally Superior sense of fairness and justice…and in doing so, lead to the downfall of the white race through miscegenation with other, Lesser Races.

Through misinformation and subtrefuge (subterfuge being the Natural Talent of the Joos) disseminated through a concerted effort to dominate mass media, the Joos have convinced most of the White Race that multiculturalism and diversity are good and desirable and that pride in the Natural Superiority of the White Race is evil and harmful. This will, for those Unaware of the Truth, inevitably result in race mixing thereby diluting the Power and Influence of the White Race leading to the downfall of Western Civilization and its Virtues, allowing the Joos to reach their goal of total control and domination.

*takes off Awful Person glasses*

*burns phone on which the above was written in order to cleanse it of Nazi shite*

Virtually Out of Touch
Virtually Out of Touch

#BoycottStarWarsVII because I am sick of muds being casted in white parts. #StopAppropriatingWhiteCulture

CASTED?!

“Yes, it’s true, #BoycottStarWarsVII is a real thing, brought to you by more or less the same motley crew of racist trolls and “alternative right”-wingers who catapulted the term “cuckservative” into mainstream Republican discourse not that long ago.”

Explain? You mean Matt Forney tweeted into Fox News or something?

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

SPEAKING of Michael Dorn…he slammed GamerGate a while back.

I already liked the man, but that just makes me like him more.

Bina
Bina

It reminds me of the time a troll told me I was appropriating Norwegian cult because I wasn’t outraged about Idris Elba playing Heimdall. When I pointed out that I was part Norwegian he said the rest of my ancestry must be African as if that would cancel it out.

Guffaw. Wait’ll he learns a thing or two about evolution and discovers that, at bottom, we are ALL African, as the Juluka song says. Only the ancestors of some of us left there a few thousand years ago, while others never did, and whiteness evolved only as an adaptation to the dimmer sunlight of distant northern climes, not as a mark of some inherent, god-given superiority. It’ll blow what little mind he has!

Also, I never tire of snickering over the fact that Adolf Hitler’s own DNA reveals him to have both Jewish AND North African genes. Ha, ha, ha.

weirwoodtreehugger

Seconding the Attack the Block recommendation. I loved it. There’s definitely a lot of commentary about classism and racism in there so I understand why it pissed off the righties. I’m happy John Boyega is making a career out of inducing male tears.

For all you Shaun of Dead/Hot Fuzz fans, Nick Frost has a decent sized supporting role!

weirwoodtreehugger

I meant white tears, not male tears. Same difference!

pkayden

Do any of these racist jerks know that George Lucas is married to a Black woman (and has a half-Black child with her)? I laughed when I heard about this silly boycott this morning on the news. I’m sure Star Wars will do great without them. This is no different than the boycott that was threatened by White Supremacists when Idris Elba played a Norse god in the Thor movies. From what I could tell, both movies have done very well $$$-wise.

The only reason I’ll be watching Star Wars in December is because I love love love Lupita and she’s in it. I’ve never watched any of the other Star Wars movies so I guess I’ll get to see what all the fuss is about.

Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Look, this is really a win-win situation the dimwitted racists and Disney. The intarweb bigots get the attention they crave (good or bad, doesn’t matter) and Disney gets free publicity for it’s boring focus-grouped-to-death widget of movie. So a few venues will feel a little extra good by publishing stories flaming the racists and a few manboys will feel a little extra good about going to see this rubbish. -30-

Falconer

@TheLulzWatch:

Is it true han Solo dies at the end?

Nobody knows except the people who made the movie, and they aren’t talking.

That is one of the more popular rumors, however.

Paradoxical Intention

OMG KATZ.

I saw this video as a recommended video to the one you linked, and about 20 seconds in I was wheezing with laughter.

Bina
Bina

“Star Wars: Return of Black the Guy”.

Someone please teach these Superior White Males™ how to graphic design a poster.

The science bits fly completely over my head here and there, but overall it’s a fun watch.

It’s not so much “over your head” as “completely made up.”

Orion

Nequam,

The primary contributors to Ferretbrain were Arthur B, Daniel Hemmens, Kyra Smith, and Alasdair Czyrnyj. Arthur B was the most prolific writer and the author of the Michael Moorcock reviews you enjoyed. I went looking for him, but it seems he prizes his anonymity — I found a thread on Michael Moorcock’s website where his personal info had been posted, but it was removed by his request before I got there. Based on that, I’ve decided not to keep looking for him. Dan Hemmens and Kyra Smith posted under their real names and freely shared a lot of personal information — Dan Hemmens never named the school he teaches at, but did say that he taught chemistry at a state school with a significant Muslim population, so I felt it was justifiable to try to look him up. Unfortunately, Kyra Smith and Daniel Hemmens are both fairly common names, so I didn’t get anywhere.

Alasdair Czyrnyj has a blog under his own name, so I commented on a post he made on 10/18 to ask him what’s up.

fotocopiadora
fotocopiadora

see, every time these guys start another round of being outraged at whatever upcoming movie featuring women/non-white people/whatever, they somehow manage to get me interested in actually watching the movie even if it’s one i wouldn’t really care about otherwise.

here’s hoping they discover reverse psychology and shut up forever in hope that we’ll all embrace their ideas spontaneously

Lewis Muirhead - WCWFromTheBeginning

@Snowberry: We can also include Robert Beltran, Alexander Siddig, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Roxann Dawson (who I only just found out is married to Casey Biggs – Damar on DS9) and a kinda troubling number of Ferengi are played by Jewish actors – including Armin Shimmerman, Max Grodenchik, Aron Eisenberg and Wallace Shawn.

My thought progression WRT Mad Max: Fury Road:

Meh, whatever
(Whiny MRA thinkpieces)
Hmm, maybe I should check this out
(Organizing a boycott)
WE ARE SEEING THIS OPENING NIGHT

Virtually Out of Touch
Virtually Out of Touch

NickNameNick | October 20, 2015 at 2:32 pm

NickName, “Boy, and all these GamerGaters wonder why – as a Jew – I take issue with their anti-Semitism and willfully allying themselves with white supremacists…”

Anti-semitism is nothing more than envy of the intelligence, industriousness and enterprising success of Jewish people. All the good qualities white supremacists want to claim for themselves, Jews have more of. Hence, jealous.

I never paid to see a Star Wars movie in the theatre but if this one has “black” and “brown” hunks in it, imma gonna have to start.

Bina
Bina

Also, is “Jew Jew Abrams” any relation to Jar Jar Binks?

Imperator Kahlo
Imperator Kahlo

#StopAppropriatingWhiteCulture

I just…

#StopAppropriatingWhiteCulture

You want people to… stop appropriating white culture? You mean that culture that people are exposed to basically everywhere whether they like it or not? The culture that, in the shape of McDonalds and Coke and TV sitcoms is ubiquitous world-wide? The culture that in my country Australia (and many others) was for a number of generations actively forced upon our indigenous people in the hopes they’d assimilate? Dudebros, if you want brown people out of your precious “white culture”, you’re gonna need a time machine and some way to break capitalism.

@Bina

My thought process with respect to Fury Road was exactly the same. I saw it four times at theatres, raved about it to everyone I knew, and now own the DVD. It’s one of my favourite films. It makes me feel a little weird to be so indebted to the MRM, you know?

gelar
gelar

[The following post may contain hazardous levels of sarcasm]

It sure is a good thing they’re so persuasive, logical, and good-hearted, otherwise all their efforts might backfire completely! Remember when everyone was taken in by that feminist tripe, Fury Road?

Straight-shooting commentary like this set me right, lemme tell you. Nobody went to see that.

Fabe
Fabe

BREAKING NEWS!; ‘The Force awakens’ pre-sales breaks records

Virtually Out of Touch
Virtually Out of Touch

The day the world “stops appropriating white culture” is the day white culture goes broke.

Kit Fowley

Star Trek is a productive of a white America whether or not we want to accept it. The action figures that made George Lucas a billionaire were purchased by suburban white families.
Oh my gods, did he just call Star Wars Star Trek? First of all, Star Trek showed a future without prejudice, with national, ethnic, and sexual diversity where they all coexisted with respect and Star Wars takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away meaning that there are no humans in the film. Stop trying to appropriate geek culture! We’ve had a strong Jewish presence for forever!

Shaenon

This can never be posted enough.

sbel
sbel

I didn’t read all of the comments yet, but I just wanted to comment on their objection to British-born actors.

Even if you assume that everyone in Star Wars should sound American, that’s still a silly thing to object to. Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead are 2 very popular, very American shows, and each one has an English actor for their main character. So if an English actor can convincingly play a Californian biker, and another English actor can convincingly play a sheriff from Georgia, I think there are probably a lot of British actors who can play someone from a galaxy far, far away.

And that’s assuming everyone should sound American. The Star Wars galaxy is a big place. There should definitely be accents imo.

Paradoxical Intention

katz | October 20, 2015 at 3:25 pm

It’s not so much “over your head” as “completely made up.”

I know it’s made up, but it still flies over my head a bit. I’m not a science person (Of course, the manospherians would argue it’s because I’m a woman, and not because I happen to be an individual who’s not good at science), and the only science I really got into was biology, but that’s just because it kind of related to art.

So yeah, even made up science kind of makes my eyes glaze over a bit.

leftwingfox

A: Fuck the racists.

B: The new trailer is tickling me in all the right ways.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Today I saw a poster proclaiming that Italian-Americans are more negatively stereotyped than any other ethnicity and portraying them as professional criminals is “cultural genocide””

I realize how far off topic this is, but as an Italian American, I gotta call bullshit. On all levels. This is fractally wrong. Fuck, it’s like “leave the gun, take the cannoli” made people like cannoli, not hate Italian Americans (which could be because cannoli = best dessert EVAR!)

Sure, it’s assumed I’m a smart ass, but it’s also assumed that there will be plenty of good food so accept the damned invite! Number of times any of my family have been accused of being mob, besides as a joke? Approximately zero, and I’m related to Capones! (idk if it’s those Capones, but if this was some wide spread serious prejudice, would that matter?) And even as a joke it isn’t “we’re violent” but “we take care of our own” (in the actual caring “sure I can babysit” sense)

Arggggg, if this jackass isn’t Italian, he can leave us alone, if he is… go say that to your mother, she’ll set you straight!

anon
anon

Yes, let the hate flow through you.

Let us all know that you are part on the douchebro side of the force.

Nequam
Nequam

@Orion: thanks!

Vetarnias
Vetarnias

Never mind race. You should boycott Star Wars VII because:

1) Star Wars wasn’t a very good franchise to begin with, and launched (along with Jaws) the blockbuster mentality that finished off what little creativity Hollywood had left.
2) Lucas managed to drive his own franchise into the ground with three prequels, while he tried to tinker with the integrity of the earlier films, damn the purists, to bring them down to their level.
3) And now Disney gets to have another go at it.

Sigh. Star Wars VII: A New Nope.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

@Shaenon

Thanks. You’re one of the good ones.

caketastydelish

iif you want to get technical no stormtrooper should be either black or white, they should be hispanic. That’s because stormtroopers are supposed to be clones of Jango Fett, and he was featured with a hispanic actor.

caketastydelish

I thought I would be able to edit my comment, sorry. I don’t normally use this site. Anyway to stay true to the originally storyline they would have to either have to get an actor that looks like the original Jango Fett, or not show their face at all. But if you aren’t going to do either of those things, it is no worse to portray stormtroopers as black as it would be to portray them white. That actor was a brown man, and “black” and “white” are pretty much equally far away from each other.

With all this being said if they were protesting under the hashtag “don’t mess with the original storyline” that would almost be one thing, but with their “preserve white culture and we hate black actors” nonsense, it portrays them as the racists they really are. I am a massive star wars fan, and these people embarrass me.

scalyllama

Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett, is Māori, with Scottish and Irish ancestry. Not Hispanic. It’s a pretty major distinction, especially for Māori people.

caketastydelish

Ah, I jumped the shark. Well his Maori ancestry dominates his appearance, as I would never guess him to be Scottish or Irish. Either way he is simply brown, and not white. These people are saying they are the only ‘true’ star wars fans, and that stormtroopers should only be allowed to be portrayed with white actors. Pathetic.

caketastydelish

Even if their absolutely meaningless definition of “genocide” were what the word actually meant, it would only be genocide against Maoris. And unlike white supremacists, I am not seeing any Maoris complain about this.

sbel
sbel

Should they all be clones? Armies don’t last forever and it has been a long time by this point.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

I would be utterly behind the stormtroopers all being cast with Maori actors. That would make me squee in happy ways.

Orion

That’s not what “jump the shark” means.

I would be okay with this. Could…could we get them to take off their shirts?

Kit Fowley

@caketastydelish
You’re thinking of Clone Troopers. Stormtroopers are conscripted soldiers.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@katz:
Hmmm. The iconic white shell armour might make that difficult.

Could we have shower scenes, perhaps? Or totally-not-gratuitous stormtrooper barracks pillow fights?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Kit

Is there anything to suggest they’re conscripts? Like was anxious to go of to some academy; but was prevented from doing so by his uncle.

That would seem to suggest that the Empire’s military is a volunteer based service.

Carayak
Carayak

Did he just demonstrate his 100% true geek cred by mixing up Star Trek and Star Wars? That’ll show those fake geek girls. (If he knew what a Star Trek was, he would have been boycotting it decades ago, possibly before he was even born.)

Gipsz Jakab
Gipsz Jakab

As far as I know, some clone troopers did go on to serve as stormtroopers under the Empire, but even by the time of the original trilogy, most of the stormtroopers were ordinary recruits, not clones. And with their accelerated aging, it’s unlikely that any clones survived until TFA.

Sarah
Sarah

They didn’t even make the obvious joke “Star of David Wars”?
I’m offended as a person with a sense of humor.

reimalebario
reimalebario

OK, if, for the sake of argument, we accept not only the notion of “race” and the idea that “race-mixing” is white genocide, isn’t it also black genocide, then? And genocide of whatever other “races” are being mixed?

No wait, that would at least be consistent, so of course it doesn’t.