advocacy of violence antifeminism elliot rodger misogyny oppressed men terrorism threats

U of Toronto on edge after online commenter urges men to “start firing bullets into these feminists at your nearest Women’s Studies classroom”

Robarts Library at the University of Toronto
Robarts Library at the University of Toronto

The University of Toronto is on edge in the wake of online comments urging a mass shooting of feminists.

Last week, an anonymous online commenter on BlogTO urged men to “rent a gun from a gang and start firing bullets into these feminists at your nearest Women’s Studies classroom.”

Here’s one of the threats, screencapped by a woman who posted it on Twitter and alerted police:

threattoronto2

(I’ve crossed out the name of the other commenters.)

It would be convenient to toss this off as the bad joke of a shitposting troll. But Canadians remember well what happened when an angry man with a gun took his own personal antifeminist crusade to a Montreal classroom in 1989: 14 women shot to death.

And sadly. as I hardly need to remind regular readers here, numerous women have been slain since then by mass shooters with a grudge against feminists and women in general, from George Sodini to Elliot Rodger. This past May, a University of Mary Washington student and feminist/LGBT activist named Grace Mann was murdered after being the target of online antifeminist threats.

The University of Toronto is taking the threats seriously; in a statement released today, the school president assured students that “we have increased the presence of our own police on all three campuses.” The Toronto police, for their part, say that while “no credible threat has been identified” so far, they will continue with their investigation.

Threats like these, whether “credible” or not, are a kind of gender terrorism, designed to keep women in fear online, on campus, in the world in general.

If you’re at the U of T or in Toronto, please post any additional information you run across in the comments here; there’s also an ongoing (and generally non-awful) discussion on Reddit’s UofT subreddit as well as on Twitter.

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

“Threats like these, whether ‘credible’ or not, are a kind of gender terrorism, designed to keep women in fear online, on campus, in the world in general.”

This is 100% correct. These people are terrorists and need to be treated as such.

Paradoxical Intention

@C.S.Strowbridge: I agree entirely.

Of course, we could try (and fail) to convince the manosphere of that. They’ll dismiss this person as a troll, or just say he’s “disturbed” and doesn’t represent them.

Or they’ll say we made it up to make us look like victims!

Fun times. [/sarcasm]

Snuffy
Snuffy

As someone (a woman with a minor in sociology) who graduated from U of T last year this is just so awful. The student website has an alert in the news section about increased security. I’m happy that the campus is treating this seriously and not hand-waving the issue (likely because of the Montreal shooting).

kularanini
kularanini

I work at the UofT and much of my job requires me to move around campus. I hear the odd conversation of people talking about it, but the overall mood is pretty calm and business as usual.

I know that sounds pretty uninteresting, but at least the moron who posted the threats doesn’t seem to be creating an atmosphere of fear and intimidation among the general UofT population.

reallyfriendly
reallyfriendly

They will definitely call him out as a troll. It is the easiest way for them to dodge responsibility and give them an out to carry spreading their poisonous message.

And what is worse than that is along the line you will find some people justifying the murders to some degree (if/when they occur) in the manosphere that will leave you sick to the stomach.

Which bulldozer ran over their humanity I wonder?

humbleprogrammer
humbleprogrammer

I’m a former CS grad student at U of T, and am still on the women in CS mailing list and the union mailing list. There are a lot of people talking about the right to refuse unsafe work as a TA, and making sure new grad students have heard about the threat. A lot of people are taking this very seriously.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

reallyfriendly wrote:
Which bulldozer ran over their humanity I wonder?

Why feminism, of course!

Those eeeeeebil wimminz is the root of all eeeeeebil, after all….

[/MRA dumbshittery]

Stace
Stace

For anyone who wants to examine when a warning like this is meant to verbally terrorize, or if it is the start of physical violence, there’s an easily accessible book I’ve read and that I generally recommend to the people in my life and to those I do martial arts with. Gavin de Becker’s “The Gift of Fear” has a chapter in it where he outlines the problem of “should we take this seriously?”

I’m fascinated by combat theory and I have been for years. So for anyone interested in de Becker’s checklist, I’ve copied part of an essay I wrote years ago on it for anyone interested:

“In confronting a potential hazard, de Becker has presented a system you can use to determine whether or not a perceived threat is actually about to spiral into violence. A lot of harm can come through hesitation, yet we hesitate all the time. It’s a great deal of stress and anxiety to act upon something that has yet to develop. We run the risk of being wrong, and jumping the gun only to find out there was never a gun to jump. We can push a potentially small matter into something much more grand–throwing oil on fire, etc. As I said, stress.

When will a potential violent individual turn to violence? Note that not all of these have to be present to signify violence.

Perceived Justification – When the individual in question feels justified in employing violence, violence will happen. We do not act randomly. We are driven by something. Perhaps the person in question is angry, or feels that a grievous wrong has been committed to them. Perhaps they are provoked. Violence is now a viable response, because he or she can back it up with justification.

Perceived Alternatives – How desperate is the individual? Can the outcome that he or she desires be attained through means other than violence? De Becker warns, “Knowing the desired outcome is key.”

Perceived Consequences – We like to predict the outcome of our actions, and we’ll consider the favourable and the unfavourable. If it’s likely that the individual can commit the violence intended and get away with it, there will be little to hinder the act of violence. Be aware of witnesses, authority, etc. Is here a mob mentality, which creates a perceived protection from being tried or seen as an individual? Furthermore, be very aware if you suspect that the potential attacker is willing to kill him or herself after the act because mortal consequences do not apply here.

Perceived Ability – What does this person have at their disposal? If they decide violence is the way to go, do they believe that they have the ability to carry out that violence? Someone willing to rob a convenience store or mug you may not use a bomb, but they will approach with the belief that they can pull off their attempt. “People who have successfully used violence in the past have a higher appraisal of their ability to prevail using violence again.”

These make up the acronym JACA which de Becker says can be used on large scale examples (Middle-East predictions) as well as immediate threats.

I’d like to note sadly that in a problem-individual, not all of these signs will be visible to the victim. You may not know your attacker, but someone in his or her family may have recognized these points, or sensed that he/she was capable and very near to expressing themselves violently.

These things can be observed in questionable co-workers, family members, and persons you encounter regularly. The question is whether or not you will be caught in the cross-hairs is present, but hopefully you can identify and predict enough to avoid that. Context will determine how or if you act in the benefit of others.”

Again, it’s frustrating to have so little data from the poster and the lack of that might hinder or make law enforcement less likely to want to follow up. I don’t wish to detract at all on how this is clearly a tactic meant to terrorize women and I don’t feel right suggesting that the person who posted it might only be a troll so we should not put in the effort of being scared. Fear is a natural reaction.

But in considering that this individual tried to persuade terror and silence from others by simply clicking a few buttons anonymously, it hopefully means they are willing to put the least amount of effort in and are not likely to follow through. They also seem to be asking others to do the work, which lends credence to the idea of someone who doesn’t plan to invest much of their own time.

Be safe out there everyone. Never forget how brave you are.

ColeYote
ColeYote

People who post this sort of shit; even if you aren’t serious about it, you’re a POS.

Zeb Berryman
Zeb Berryman

This is fucking awful. That we haven’t even come far enough through initiatives like White Ribbon that something like this can be said. You can’t say something like this in a country like Canada. I remember there was a time when I was actually proud to be Canadian, but as time has gone on I’ve seen my country growing worst and worst. Worst than even that is stuff like this, or looks into the way Canada treats race, when I realize that we haven’t gotten worst, we’re just as bad as we’ve always been.

canuck_with_pluck
canuck_with_pluck

So, of course we can expect the Harper government to start passing laws to restrict the rights of these terrorists, right?

…right?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Stace

Love Gavin DeBecker. And combat theory.

Often wonder what the result would be if someone ran these threats through his MOSAIC tool (maybe they do)

Paradoxical Intention

@Stace: I’m glad you posted that, but in all honesty, I’d rather “jump the gun and find out there’s no gun to jump”.

We’re talking about people’s personal safety here. We’re talking about possible innocent deaths, and while DeBecker does bring up the notion that we have to assess where these are coming from (and even by his standards, this is to be taken seriously), I’d feel a hell of a lot more comfortable knowing that someone’s going to take this seriously and do something about it, regardless if anything happens or not.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

How many gangs rent out guns? Has that ever actually happened?

Do gang members with guns for rent take collateral, or do they simply promise to visit your house personally to collect overdue weapons? How do you collect an overdue gun from a renter, when you know he has a gun?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Don’t know about N America but in the UK you can hire guns from gangs. It’s pretty much the most common way of obtaining an illegal weapon. Gun control is fairly strict here so it’s a suppliers market which makes rental a good economic model.

pkayden

Cowards and their guns. Stupid but scary. Hope the police catch whoever made the threat.
@banned@4chan.org. I’ve never heard of a practice of gangs renting out guns but who knows.

firechild (@firechild)

See this is why we need a new movie/documentary about the massacre in Montreal- the younger generations don’t know enough about what happened, and these dicks need to know someone already tried it and failed and we don’t what this level of stupidity in Canada

Stace
Stace

@Paradoxical_Intention

I hear you. And I respect that initiative to be safe, rather than sorry. When it pays off, it pays off in lives.

The idea/concepts by de Becker are helpful in cases where a flood of threats happen. They help prioritize when a person should be fearful, avoiding the danger of a lot of false threats becoming background noise we/or society deafens ourselves to. Being afraid ALL OF THE TIME is exhausting and if it costs our intimidaters nothing but a few moments on a computer to terrorize us, their tactics will start to ruin our quality of life needlessly. We’ve seen certain MRAs using their computers to harass women and opponents before countless times because it’s easy.

So yes, caution. I don’t want to write out caution. But too much constant, unending vigilance costs us energy; resources; focus; happiness. Ironically, some of the same things we lose if the threats prove true and violence happens, casualties or not. I don’t want this to be a battle where we lose sleep at night no matter what the case is.

I would be very happy to hear that the authorities can narrow down and reveal the source (someone pathetically sad), and provide adequate security to the most vulnerable and targeted.

Paradoxical Intention

Apparently, Dan Perrins is already claiming that this is feminists doing it to themselves, and AVfM is trying to target the campus to put up bullshit posters and stickers.

Paradoxical Intention

Stace | September 11, 2015 at 6:06 pm

In a perfect world, yes, we wouldn’t spend so much time worrying about it. But this isn’t a perfect world. This is a world where if it does happen, we’ll be blamed for it. So, we have to be hypervigilant. Not because we want to be, or because it’s the “best option”, but because we have to be, or else.

It is tiring. It is hard. It is awful that we have to do such a thing.

But we still have to, because it’s either that, or we get questioned when it does happen why we weren’t in the first place. I’d rather waste resources and worry than have to start dealing with why I wasn’t or why we weren’t once the bodies start piling up.

Believe me, I’d love to not have to worry about this shit, I’d love it if a single asshole or a group of assholes didn’t have the ability to set women on edge, but we don’t have that luxury.

Agreed.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Has anybody written a petition yet to demand that the SPLC finally classifies MRAs as a hate and terrorist group on the level of neo-Nazis and the KKK? If not, I think it’s high time we write one ourselves.

Tracy
Tracy

Whenever an MRA accuses feminists of planting threats, etc, I assume this must be something that the MRA in question does. Since MRA-types accuse feminists of this pretty much every time there is some sort of threat against women posted anywhere, then they really, really must use this as a tactic an awful lot.

And not getting dates, or affording condo fees, or not being married at 30? Have fuck-all to do with feminism. Like, seriously. All of their ‘arguments’ are just fucking snark, and not even clever snark at that.

I’m glad UofT is taking this seriously, and I hope they find out who this shitster is and lock them in a room full of grumpy camels with IBS.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Stace

Are you familiar with the ‘Code [Colour]’ system that a lot of police forces and military etc use?

It’s a way of describing vigilance and alert levels in individuals. So Code White is you’re somewhere totally safe and you can completely switch off, Code Yellow is that you’re in a potential threat zone but there’s nothing currently indicated so you can operate at a moderate alertness level etc.

If you like combat stuff you might find it interesting. There’s a parallel with the more systemic alert and response levels. Obviously if you’re something like a government agency you have to assess threats. There’s not the resources to treat them all as top priority. Also if you have a lot of false positives that’s counter-productive.

Similarly on a personal level, I can completely understand Paradoxy’s point about hyper-vigilance; but it’s mentally exhausting to keep that up all the time. Well resourced agencies will make sure individuals get enough Code White down time to keep them sharp, but a lot of police forces don’t do that. The problem there of course is that cops get frazzled and lose judgment skills; they end up shooting everything that triggers a threat response, and we can see the problems that causes.

You read any of the Dave Grossman stuff? I think you might like it.

alternatesteve90

I hope the Canadian authorities can track this guy and take him in before something actually happens.

@Alan R: I think I’ve heard of Mr. Grossman, but mainly regarding his stance on violent video games: unfortunately for him, his arguments on that subject were rather less than any sort of impressive to say the least…..to be fair to him, though, I haven’t read much else of his work.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Alternatesteve

Yeah, his videogame stuff really detracts from his excellent work on combat and combat psychology; that’s the stuff he actually knows about.

mockingbird
mockingbird

I was going to make a joke like, “Yeah, sure – the gangs all have SharePoint sites running. Their devs have spun up pretty decent inventory control UIs.”

But then others posted that something like that (probably sans Web interfaces) does actually happen. Thaaaaank you to those who helped correct my apparently extremely US-centric frame of reference.

/seriously, not sarcastically

Bina

Bingo…stochastic terrorism in a nutshell.

I was a student at Queen’s University myself when the Montréal Massacre went down. The victims of that one were, for the most part, right in my own age bracket. AND I was a volunteer at the Queen’s Women’s Centre, too. I majored in English, not Women’s Studies, but you can bet I was watching my back for the rest of my time at Queen’s. And scared shitless, yes…but not so scared that I wanted to go back home and abandon my education. I’d made it through a suicidal depression in second year, and now was doing well in third year…the HELL I was going to let some shitty fucking terrorist make me turn back after I’d come that far!

(And yes, I wrote that to encourage other university women to stick with their studies and not be cowed. And also in the hopes that all these MRA terrorists read it and weep. And maybe pee their pants a little.)

Also, Dan Perrins and AVFM, this one’s for YOU:
comment image

Because seriously, not-getting-dates, condo fees (who the hell wants a condo? Not most women), being still unmarried at 30 (not a problem, but NORMAL), etc., are NOT the fault of feminism. We’re not fighting for dates, marriage or someone to pay our way in life; we’re fighting for reproductive rights, pay equity, respect and the right to a life free from male violence, you jackasses.

Paradoxical Intention

@Bina: But that’s what MRAs want. They want a woman to pay their way and rub their feet when they get home from working to make their own money their wife can’t touch, and for women to keep popping out virile male babies in between doing the dishes and making them sammiches, because they believe the lie that they are entitled to all of this.

They’re projecting super hard, as usual.

weirwoodtreehugger

I’ll inherit my mom’s condo when she dies someday (hopefully not for a long time). No man needed!

Rivendellyan
Rivendellyan

I’m happy Canadians treat these threats with respect. You don’t necessarily need to go crazy over them, since they’re hyperbole most of the time, but *most* of the time isn’t *every* time, so a little caution isn’t too much to ask for. Kudos, Canadia!

Stace
Stace

@Paradoxical Intention

I hear what you’re saying. I’d like for our not-perfect world to someday be a better world.

@ Alan Robertshaw

I’ve had a crash course of that system in a seminar I attended. That was in 2009 and the focus had been to educate law enforcement attendees (I was one of two civilians present) to alertness and when to be “on”. A large focus of that course had been the PTSD and after-effects of violent situations.

And I have “On Combat” and “On Killing” by Grossman. It’s been years since I’ve read them so I’m now working off the impression I kept from them. I feel he constructively tackles the issues that soldiers/first responders face in a constantly hyper-alert environment, and particularly, he explores post-violence and the dangers that come of that. A high percentage of those affected in these fields are men, and I think he’s a good example of what activism should and could more often be. It’s practical; applicable; and doesn’t resort to “the evils of feminism.”

Though again, if I’m off the mark due to memory feel free to call me on my ignorance. I should refresh on both authors. This is just the impressions I’ve kept with me.

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

I think a lot of women are unmarried at 30 are unmarried because they can earn their own money so don’t need to marry in order to survive. Society also allows women to not be married at 30 and still be seen as respectable people with human rights. I think that is the result of feminism.

It is why I can sort of understand why MRAs feel society is unfair on them. They want to return to a society (which may not have existed) where marriage was so important to women that liking their partner or being treated well in the marriage were things that a woman was happy to do without. They want a society of relationships like Charlotte and Mr Collins in Pride and Prejudice. I can imagine that if you believe that is how society should be run, having a woman reject you because she doesn’t like you feels very unfair, why should whether she likes you matter?

I wonder how class prejudice plays into these ideas though. Even in Jane Austen you have unmarried working class women earning money. It is what makes me think that the idea there was a time when women didn’t work is a myth.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

So, our unmarried, condo-fee-struggling, date-challenged young lady goes visiting AVfM, and finds: baffling memes, threats of violence, stupid pranks, straw feminists, grade-school insults, and a SHITLOAD of whining about how oppressed teh poor white menz are and how shitty and horrible and inferior women are,

She clicks away from the page, closes her browser, and reflects how very, very lucky she is not to be married to one of those assdisasters. She feels so grateful to live in a time where she can vote, get an education, earn her own income, and not have to hitch herself to an abusive, insecure manchild in order to survive. She gives a moment of silent thanks that, in the 21st century, it is possible for women to be more than sandwich, blowjob, and baby dispensers. Feminism is working out well for her, thanks. Still a lot of work to do, though. Yeesh. Where’s the brain bleach?

So I suppose in that sense, the sign might be performing a public service,

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Apparently my ipad has decided that periods are misandry and is replacing them with commas,

gelar
gelar

Admittedly, my first thought was that a better (counter)poster would be: “What kind of person would threaten mass violence? Why are feminists being threatened? Are they serious? Find out at AVfM!”

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Stace

Every now and again, there’s a tiny chink of hope glinting through the dark curtains. This extract is from an article on this h.o.r.r.e.n.d.o.u.s. week of family violence crime that Queensland has just been through. We often say that men have to step up when it comes to telling other men that violence against women and children is not on. Who’d’ve thought that a bikie gang could get it exactly right.

Even figures from the outlaw motorcycle world, no stranger to troubled men of violent disposition, have been moved to publicly express dismay at the deaths of Lock and Brown, one allegedly at the hands of a former member of their fraternity.
United motorcycle council president and Rebels bikie Mick Kosenko said he and others were “sickened by the whole thing, just terrible”.

Kosenko said he had seen several members of his own club turn their backs on violence towards their loved ones with both the support – and the opprobrium when necessary – of their peers.

“You just gotta listen to them, don’t you? And if they are going off the rails you try. We’ve had members ourselves we had to pull into line, threaten them with getting thrown out of the club, take their colours off them for three months, and then they realise, fuck what have I done?

Other men’s organisations should take note. No, the bikie gang doesn’t use violence or other forms of retribution or punishment, they use support, social exclusion, withdrawal of status and/or privileges – whatever combination works.

Content warning for the article. http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/11/shock-over-spate-of-high-profile-attacks-on-women-spurs-queensland-to-act

Bina

Isn’t it just so telling that these guys see THAT, a net positive for society, as a PROBLEM? They WANT women to believe that 25 is the absolute latest age by which they can reasonably expect to be married, and that a day over 26 is too late. And that by 30, we all hit some imaginary “wall” which renders us permanently unmarriageable, and more likely to be kidnapped and killed by terrorists than find true love and lawful wedlock (teh HORRORS!!!).

…their ideal, but still impossible scenario. They want to have their cake and eat it; they want to have their perfect young wife who somehow depends on them while at the same time, without any career goals, degrees, etc., earns enough to support them both (while he makes even more money, and keeps it all), and looks after them as if they were the baby in the family. Which, of course, SHE is expected to churn out, too…but immediately “get her figure back” as soon as she steps off her childbed, and never have a single stretch mark, saggy nipple, etc. to show for it! And at the same time, in the midst of all this drudgery, she’s supposed to be “a lady in the streets and a whore between the sheets”!

And if someone (a feminist, natch) has the audacity to point out that It. Does. NOT. Work. That. Way, they get mad and pissy and throw a hissyfit, and tell her that she’s too fat, ugly, stupid, etc. EVER to get a man. Even if she has someone (usually not necessarily a man) who loves her to bits and doesn’t care if she’s passed the Imaginary Wall a long, long time ago.

Which is what makes this:

…sooooo very laughable. Her whole self-esteem is supposed to be DASHED by this shit that doesn’t even make sense! Hey, if I’m going to feel like the ground has been yoinked out from under me, shouldn’t there at least be some basis in reality, instead of AVFM’s kindergarten-level stomping, pouting and name-calling?

Yeesh. Where’s the brain bleach?

Ask, and ye shall receive…

Bina

Ugh. Should read “usually BUT not necessarily a man”. I CAN type, just not at this hour.

cupisnique
cupisnique

So. . . I was somewhat pleased that UofT had taken these threats seriously but was pretty much convinced it was only because the threats were out there and everyone knew about it and students and TAs were raising their concerns, and yeah turns out that feeling was correct. Similar threats were made in June and the University knew about them and didn’t say peep to the students or the instructors.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Bina: Ahh, Maru brain bleach! Brightens as it whitens.

You know, the average condo fee really isn’t all that much per month – at most, maybe a few hundred. It’s certainly much better than a mortgage or rent. It wouldn’t be that hard to come up with each month, if that were your only living expense.

If mortgage is what they meant,

a) they should have said so

b) a single woman struggling to make monthly payments on her condo is more likely to look to refinancing, a roommate, or downsizing as solutions. Panicking and running straight into the arms of the nearest MRA is very low down on the list. Actually, it’s #1 on the list of “Solutions That Are Worse Than The Original Problem”.

c) As if an MRA would ever willingly bail out a woman financially anyway, with all the howling they do about being expected to buy a $5 box of chocolates once a year (in exchange for getting to be an ass the other 364 days). Anything that requires them to open their wallets for a damseling slut gives them fits.

weirwoodtreehugger

The Jezebel article on this was saying that the University also just mentioned that there was a threat and didn’t bring up the gendered nature of the threat.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Women are really just low-paid expendables to these bozos, aren’t they. Fucking administrators.

Which is really ironic when you consider how much time THEY spend damselling (for dollars!) and being sluts (or wishing they were, because ain’t nobody with two brain cells to rub together gonna touch THEIR junk!)

Bina

Also, been meaning to comment on this earlier, but forgot. The “Kill Feminists” post mentions “false sex rape allegations”. Now, I’m confused: Is it “false rape allegations” that was meant but clumsily typed, or is rape “false sex” and this guy knows that full well, and is mad because he knows someone he “had sex with” is, in fact, going to accuse him of rape? Because if they ever find the guy who did this, dollars to doughnuts says he’s done the dirty.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

I agree we should have a petition to have the mrm to be on the same level as nazis and the kkk.

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

The shitbags really have a hair up their asses about UoT for some reason and i can’t figure out why

TheLulwzWatch
TheLulwzWatch

Bina

“What’s implicit in all this is that even if a woman marries before 25 (supposedly, their ideal scenario), she’s STILL going to turn 30 eventually. And when she does, then what? Does marriage magically exempt her from wall-hitting? Or does she hit that wall anyoldhow, and does he then “get tired of her”, develop a “wandering eye”, and then start lining up the next wifey — who will, of course, invariably be younger? He gets older, but they all stay the same age? That could only work out well for the guy, which makes this…”

That is one major reason they are so against divorce laws I guess.

There are other reasons they want young women to marry than simply looks, they are hoping for naïvety and inexperience since this makes the prospective victims easier to manipulate and abuse.

What you think about this?

Spindrift
Spindrift

@Bina

“Sex rape” couldn’t just be a new word for rape that they’re using to distinguish it from all the other things MRAs call rape, like “divorce rape”, could it?

Bina

Now there’s a possibility that actually makes sense…unlike that shitty post. Everything is rape to these guys. It’s like they constantly have it on the brain. I wonder why.

And having said that, I think it’s time for more Maru and Hana brain bleach…

Also, yup, Christian Grey sounds just like a cult recruiter to me. But if I were in Ana’s shoes (which I once was, as a virginal English major!), I’d be telling him to fuck off. Which is NOT “romantic”, but a lot more believable than her just signing a contract with the devil while not even so much as reading it. (I may have been a virgin, but I wasn’t a fool.)