a voice for men a woman is always to blame antifeminism crackpottery imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression memes memesplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men post contains jokes

Women shopping for groceries secretly run the world, MRA suggests in incomprehensible memes

wat
wat

Apparently the Men’s Rightsers of the world think that they can defeat the forces of feminism by overwhelming them with incomprehensible memes.

I found the puzzling meme above on A Voice for Men’s Facebook page. I think it’s safe to say that it will not be winning any awards for logic.

But AVFM’s meme-makers manage to top themselves in incomprehensibility with this followup meme:

avfmgrocery2
wat squared

How exactly these grocery shopping women play “a stronger role than men” in getting men elected I’m not sure.

Can you buy extra votes at the grocery store, or something? Or are men afraid that their wives/girlfriends/mothers will go on a grocery shopping strike and cause them to starve to death, because men can’t grocery or something?

I’m not sure — and the AVFM meme maker isn’t giving out any hints — but apparently the power wielded by these grocery ladies is awesome indeed:

eatyoung

Men! Save yourselves! You don’t have to eat your own children!

YOU CAN GO TO GROCERY STORES YOURSELVES.

I mean, it’s kind of boring, and eats up time you might otherwise spend sitting on the couch. But if you think about it, swinging by the grocery store on your way home from work and picking up a nice rotisserie chicken and some sides at the deli counter is probably less of a hassle than cooking an eating your own children, what with all the cleanup involved.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Fh – uh – what? I – what?

Your first meme was just plain old incomprehensible, meme maker man. Then your second one, holy noodle.

How can you say “Women have all the power, now agree or go make me a sammich”?

And they think this is deep and insightful.

What?

alysonmiers

Reblogged this on The Monster's Ink and commented:
I remember Jack Kammer from college! He was nonsensical back then, too.

I feel like Cybil Sheridan, faced with a Japanese interpreter who is clearly changing her lines into something else entirely: “And the itsy bitsy spider, ran up the water spout.” That’s how I feel about these doodz’ logic: “The itsy bitsy spider, ran up the water spout!” Makes more sense.

freemage

Wait, wait, I’ve got it!

Women have ‘the power’ over the elected officials because they do things, while MRAs, being the ultimate slacktivists, won’t even bother to get out of their seats to vote. (Mind you, women still don’t have the electoral power that men in general do, but they most likely do have more than actual MRAs.)

davidknewton
davidknewton

That’s a bit beta, you should cook it yourself by throwing a breast directly on to the oven shelf and leaving it there for at least 45 minutes, ideally until it’s dust. You don’t even have to ask for its permission first.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

It may be a commentary suggesting women are more likely to vote than men?

Lolaphilologist
Lolaphilologist

I think it’s hilarious that even their own dudebros have no clue as to what the meme says. Well done!

weirwoodtreehugger

How exactly these grocery shopping women play “a stronger role than men” in getting men elected I’m not sure.

Didn’t you know? If you present your Feminist High Council card at the polling place, you get extra ballots.

We also get unlimited free groceries because the feminist run government takes the tax dollars of hardworking men to give women food stamps in the amount of infinity.

All hail Katie!

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

1. Okay, this one was literally made in fucking MS Paint. Even the crappiest of generators anti-alias the text.

2. “Jack Kammer.” The stupidest MRAs and real names related to their gender and/or junk: Is it correlation or causation?

3. So, uh. The power gap has been around for thousands of years. Women only gained the right to vote about a century ago. Why do so many right-wing pet theories boil down to “Time travel”? William of Ockham is spinning in his bloody grave.

weirwoodtreehugger

I honestly don’t even know how to counter this meme. It’s so obvious to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that running the government is not at all like grocery shopping that I’m not sure how to even explain the difference. It’d be like explaining that blue is not red.

If you have to explain your first meme with a second meme that has a multiple paragraph explanation and the explanation doesn’t make sense either, you’ve failed at memes.

mola the ocean sunfish
mola the ocean sunfish

Maybe they’re referring to how women make up 51% of the electorate.

Or they think that because you can’t go around saying women are literally subhuman or shouldn’t have access to education or the vote without losing political credibility anymore, that must mean feminism is now the dominant ideology and women are secretly running everything.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Wow. I thought the first meme, rather than the second, was comprehensible if wrong. I was thinking it was along the lines of the “apex fallacy” thing. Women at a grocery store don’t have all the food, they just have access to it. Anyone can go and buy food. As can they run for office and take power, because power is located in the buildings and not the people… somehow…

Ok, mildly comprehensible.

The second “meme” was the one that made me double-take, if only because I expected the stuff after “ok, here’s how it works” to explain how the first “meme” was supposed to work.

painteyelash
painteyelash

AVFM always talk about the need for evidence. I am dying to see the evidence of all of teh menz who would cook and eat their own children. Or maybe this is just another way for an antifeminist to be dramatic and gain sympathy for poor menz.

Johanna Roberts

These people really need to work on their similes.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Maybe they’re referring to how “women” are considered a voting bloc that politicians need to court, because “woman” is thought to be a variation on the default “man.” Therefore… since politicians aren’t actively courting the “male” voting bloc, women have more power?

Still, its funny that, despite women apparently being more responsible for our leaders than men, somehow they keep electing sexist douchebags and keep not electing women. Women are the true sexists!

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Grocery shopping and government are alike to MRAs in that they’ve never done either. An MRA map of Downing Street or of Sainsburys would bear the words “here be dragons”; or in this case, “here be wimminz.”

Are women dragons? Possibly. It would explain a lot about MRA ideology.

ghilie

I think this meme is trying to get across the (very old) idea that women run the world through motherhood or some other such bull–the idea that women choose their mate and choose how to raise boys into men, and so their power comes from there. Of course, women didn’t start choosing their own mates until very recently, and there are many more influences on children than just dear ol’ Mom, not to mention that “power through birthing” isn’t really power at all.

mewfington catmouth iii
mewfington catmouth iii

who the hell needs even a puny oven to cook their chicken i just lay it out on the counter, blast some burzum on my stereo, glare at the chicken with my nose touching the edge of the counter top, and watch it slowly cook itself to perfection with the infernal power of black metal played by a racist murderer

mistressoflarry
mistressoflarry

I love how this meme is so incomprehensible that a second, even more tortured and exasperated meme had to be made to explain it. Seriously, in my head I hear a loud sigh before “Look,” and a “geeze, dudes!” after.

However, now that I know that by grocery shopping I am keeping men from wielding TRUE POWER!, I’m going to cackle like a maniac as I wheel my cart through the produce section. More veggies, fools! You can’t run the world until you eat all of your broccoli!

brooked
brooked

If they’re going to pretend that USA is the only country on earth that matters then you’d think they would acknowledge the role of dark money and king-making megadonors in the post-Citizens United world. Those two women in the grocery store aren’t playing a greater role then men putting people in power unless they’re Koch brothers.

What happened to their beloved fake “logical fallacy”, the Apex Fallacy?

lkeke35

For that second meme: No! Just no!
Women do not make up the rules. What we are doing is attempting to disobey and circumvent all the rules ‘teh menz’ made up for everyone else to follow. I think that’s how that works.

I love how they completely ignore the existence of WoC. Its like we’re invisible. We don’t exist at all, except as punchlines to whatever points they want to make about White women. I’m guessing its a Hell of a lot harder to make that same argument using pictures of Black or Hispanic women.

Considering how nonsensical the above memes are you wouldn’t think it would be that hard to make a bad one involving WoC. Just write the usual gibberish, and throw some pictures on it.

Not that I want their attention or anything. The back splash on their BS is bad enough.

lkeke35

Mistressoflarry:(I love your misandrist code-name!) Who is Larry?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Best Mistress Ever (well, if you’re a Brit)

Moggie
Moggie

Here in the UK, women make up around 50% of the electorate, but up until 1918 they made up 0% of the electorate. Extrapolating, we can see that in less than 100 years, women will make up 100% of the electorate! It’s basically genocide!

Qubrick
Qubrick

Ok, I got it. This entire time we have been assuming that AVFM meme makers are dyed-in-the-wool MRA’s. I think this just gave away the game though. They are actually Dadaists attacking the incomprehensibility of the new misogynists through by linking nonsensical jargon with word salad.

That’s the only possible explanation…right?

catmara

I think what the first meme might possibly be getting at is that– in some sense– the gender or race of the people “in charge” is irrelevant as they shit indiscriminately on all us poor proles below; also, that racism/ sexism are good “divide and conquer” strategies to keep us at each others’ throats. At least, I thought along similar lines myself at one point. But it only goes so far. It’s no coincidence that those on top are rich, white men; they’ve exploited systematic inequality to climb to the top of the heap. And there’s plenty of people out there who, even if they don’t make it to the top of the heap themselves, are happy where they are on said heap provided they have their own petty ways of shitting on those below them. I suspect I’m making about as much sense as meme guy at this point…

As for the second meme, your guess is as good as mine…

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Qubrick

You’ve inspired me to start doing MRA memes.

The caption for this one is: “Men, if you don’t rhubarb salad then you’ve only yourselves to blame when women calcify geraniums”

Criticaldragon1177

David Futrelle

Wilson
Wilson

Also, don’t those two contradict each other as well? The first one says the guys in government don’t really have any power, then the second one says actually they do, but it’s just women that put them there. That doesn’t add up.

asiafootball

OK I got it. The meme maker misquotes Kammer *facepalm*.
Kammer (some 1990s MRA) writes “Looking at men in business and government and saying WE have all the power is like looking at women in the supermarket and saying they have all the food”

Kammer then elaborates that powerful men (meme deliberately omits business) work to please their loved ones, while ignoring ordinary men. Just like women in the supermarket shop to please their husband and children instead of themselves.

…okay, that still sounds stupid and confusing.

ReallyFriendly
ReallyFriendly

First meme suffers from simple analog mismatch. Grocery shopping is nowhere like running a government. Also neglecting the obvious that grocery shopping is super easy to equalize in society – men just need to grocery shop more often. No obstacles other than laziness getting in the way. Women getting enough political influence to be electable is a whole other problem that is not as easy to resolve. Way to oversimplify the issue.

Second meme suffers from utter stupidity. Either they do not understand how the voting system works (grocery shops don’t run an extra ballot box for shoppers) or they are implying that the wives of politicians are somehow in charge of their husbands? That seems to be the idea that the commentator was getting at. Gross generalization and bizarre logic… you mean men in governments are beta males who are the slaves of their spouses? I thought the drive and ambition required to become a public figure would place them in the alpha category – of course, since I didn’t consume their ‘red pill’ I must be seeing things wrong.

Last statement has no relation to ‘idea’ being discussed above and should have been excluded on grounds of irrelevancy. But I guess it would not be complete if they didn’t stick their middle finger up at all their ‘oppressors’.

They should create their own version of ‘Les Miserables’. Editing the original to fit their perceptions shouldn’t be too hard. It already has everything they love!

– slut-shaming
– protecting/saving the beautiful damsel
– OPPRESSION
– a righteous revolution
– much bromance
– the law is after me!
– a heroic (male) self-sacrifice (look at the woman cry! Oh, the tragedy!)

Only thing that is missing that is really important is the main character getting laid at some point, but there isn’t a shortage of targets in the musical. For sanity’s sake, I won’t get into the possibilities – DON’T THINK IT PEOPLE! If you did, I’m sorry 8p

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

My takeaway from this meme is that we need to start thumping politicians on the head to see if they’re ripe.

mistressoflarry
mistressoflarry

@lkeke35

Larry is my cat, or Feminist High Council Liaison, 😉 take your pick.

I cringe to even hazard a guess of what racist, women-hating, illogical clustercluck would be the result of one of these @$$hats coming up with a WOC meme. Just, ah!

@Qubrik & @Alan

Here’s my contribution.

(Trying something new, apologies if img link doesn’t work.)

Couscous
Couscous

Wouldn’t the first meme make more sense to compare the leaders in the government who have a ton of power because they can pass laws to the leaders in the agricultural industry who have a ton of power because they control the food supply to a decent extent? You get the bonus of those sometimes having been the same group in some countries in the past!

f1ver10
f1ver10

This meme was definitely written by a 17-year-old who never visits the grocery store himself, and thus got the weird idea that only women do groceries. (because he only sees his mum doing it?)

And he’s bitter that he never has enough biscuits/cheetos/mountain dew, to last him one day, and thus thinks his dear mummy mum and all other women have the power to starve men, if they so wanted. Oh cruel world. I’m surely not going to leave my basement and -actually- go get food myself! The world’s gone mad!

That makes more sense than this lazy attempt at making a “meme”.

mistressoflarry
mistressoflarry

Okay, one more time, the picture (Dada artist Sophie Taeuber-Arp, Vertical-horizontal Composition 1916)
comment image

Caption: “Hazmat gondolas with creaking clouds, make pine needle hot dish float on paragraphs.”

Michael Brew
Michael Brew

Well, the meaning of the first one seems obvious. A common “thought” is that everything men do is in order to impress/provide for women, so the reason so many men are in power is because they’re motivated by women (further, there’s probably some idea that the women in men’s life can – even if they do not – influence them to wield their manly power to their women’s design). That’s supposed to be compared to women grocery shopping, who according to these guys mostly shop to feed their men and children (also catering to their taste). The second meme kind of supports that, but it’s even more poorly worded. Still, as blatantly wrong as it is, I can’t say it’s message is at all incomprehensible.

Ah, makes sense. You see slightly more women than men in grocery stores, so that’s why men make up 70% of politicians in the USA even though women make up 51% of the population. It’s just basic math.

Xavier Onassis
Xavier Onassis

“I guess men need women now to buy food for them and without food the men in power would starve? What ever happened to the claim that men “hunted the mammoth?””

Unfortunately, we were too good at it, we hunted mammoths into extinction, so now we need someone to make us a sammich.

dhag85

I actually think @mola the ocean sunfish got this right – that is, their point is that women have “more power” because they make up a tiny majority of the population. I’ve heard this argument from many different MRAs before. I’ve also often asked in response: So, if the choice is between Man A and Man B, how many women voters will it take to elect a woman in this situation? They never get back to me about that. :/

ikanreed
ikanreed

I get what they think.

What they think is that men have literally no control of themselves with respect to their sexuality.

This is a widely accepted MRA perception with literally no basis whatsoever in reality. And it underlies so much of their bullshit. They just take that as a given proposition and start deriving crazy things from it with iffy logic.

jupitaur

They think that women shopping for food to cook for dinner is equivalent to women having economic power.

The greater number of moms who take care of home and family to a greater extent than dads pushes the numbers towards women making choices on how the money is spent, but that’s really only about who is there when the purchases are made rather than any power grab by women.

For example, when choosing a house, saying, this school district is better than that one and I like this neighborhood better, is just the person most involved in the ramifications of that decision having more of a say in that decision.

Women choose the kids’ clothing more, because they are more likely to be involved in the use of the clothing — washing it, making sure it fits, making sure it’s where it needs to be when they get dressed, helping put it on. Not because they are tyrants about kids’ clothing.

It’d be like saying Donald Trump’s personal assistant is a bigger social butterfly than he is, because s/he makes all the arrangements for his social life. They’re actions made on behalf of someone else, or a group.

Scarlettathena

I agree with Michael Brew. This is basically “Yeah, it might seem like there are more men in power but all they do is legislate to make women happy” (maybe there’s something alpha going on too, like politicians are the alphas and so on). and “Women do most of the shopping, but they cook for their menfolk, so you can’t make an assumption that more men in politics means more men in control”. Of course, one of the ridiculous things is that there are other ways to feed yourself too: restaurants, convenience stores, pubs.

The second meme tries to make the claim that there are no women doing anything beyond complaining. Women do not deserve any positions of power even though they could totally slide right in, and if they would just get some qualifications and be willing to work instead of play victim, they could do what the men are doing. Because of course, society favors women and there are no biases against women, etc.

And I second Ikeke35: PoC don’t even exist to take part in the politics and shopping fun that is modern power.

Deborah Kerr
Deborah Kerr

I think what he is trying to say ties into the whole “behind every successful man is a strong woman” quote. In other words, if women have the smarts and capability to assist, encourage and support a man into being a success, the we an get out there and become successful ourselves. And if we have our own money, we can stop whining and we won’t need to leech off of a man.

Even if the first meme were true, he’d have to either admit that the idea that women have the power because they spend more money is a myth, or admit that male politicians really do hold all the power.

Tyra Lith
Tyra Lith
Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

You know, it’s very tempting to generate a completely nonsense meme using a few of the MRA buzzwords and post it to one of their sites as an experiment.

I wonder how many “You nailed it bro!” comments it would attract.

makingfitzcarraldo
makingfitzcarraldo

I will not weild power in an ovaltine office, for Sammy Sammich I Am dunked in the nesquik. Feminazi did the shopping, Am I a Sammy Samwich?

LG.
LG.

They’re probably referring to the fact that since the 1980s, women have been making up 64% of the voter turnout in US national elections. The civics and politics knowledge, it is most scant.

makingfitzcarraldo
makingfitzcarraldo

My picture didn’t work. Oh well. It was this one http://f.tqn.com/y/arthistory/1/L/N/O/dada_newyork_07.jpg

bekabot

I mean, it’s kind of boring, and eats up time you might otherwise spend sitting on the couch. But if you think about it, swinging by the grocery store on your way home from work and picking up a nice rotisserie chicken and some sides at the deli counter is probably less of a hassle than cooking an eating your own children, what with all the cleanup involved.

Naw. Real men eat the babies raw. What do you think — a true Alpha Dude’s going to cook and clean house on the same day? What are you, nuts?