dark enlightenment douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny not-quite-plausible deniability playing the victim PUA red pill rhymes with roosh sympathy for murderers taking pleasure in women's pain

Roosh V: It’s just a matter of time before one of my fans commits a mass shooting

There have been 247 mass shootings so far this year
There have been 247 mass shootings so far this year

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive is on! Please consider donating through the PayPal button below. Thanks!

On his forum today, Roosh V posted this rather chilling assessment of his fans:

With so many mass shootings in the States these days, it’s just a matter of time until one of them happens to follow me on Twitter, read ROK, or like a handful of my Youtube videos.

What!?

There have been, according to one informal survey, 247 mass shootings in the United States so far this year (that is, shootings with more tha four victims, including the shooter). That’s a lot, but there are 245 million people over the age of 18 in the US. So we’re talking about one mass shooting per year per million people.

According to TwitterAudit, Roosh has about 13,000 real Twitter followers, and about 16,000 YouTube subscribers, many of them presumably the same people. His websites draw tens of thousands of unique visitors a day (including a number of his Twitter and Youtube followers) . But only about 30% of them are from the US, at least according to Alexa. So let’s say that he’s got maybe ten thousand real fans in the US, only a portion of whom could be tied to Roosh with a comment on his site or a “like” on one of his videos.

If Roosh thinks it’s “statistically likely” that one of these people literally goes out and shoots a bunch of people, either he can’t do math or he thinks his followers are much more violent and unstable and angry than your average Joe.

I mean, I think that a significant portion of his followers are ticking time bombs, but it’s strange to see that Roosh agrees with me on this.

So what does Roosh intend to do? Will he try to rachet down the hateful rhetoric? Will he ask his regular commenters to be on the lookout for anyone who shows up in the Return of Kings comments or on the Roosh V Forum who seems like he might be another Elliot Rodger in the making?

Nope. He’s not really interested in trying to stop a shooting. He’s more worried that a shooting will make him look bad.

Existing reporters who hate me in the media will take this casual association and try to say that I must have caused the murderer to go violent, even though my work does not promote violence. They will do this to incite a mob to come down upon us, hoping I will shut down my “hate speech” sites in the same way PUAHate shut down after Elliot Rodgers [sic] went on his killing spree.

His solution? An emergency “protocol” to try to make him look better. He tells his followers that he expects them to:

1. Strongly denounce the violent act. There will be no public sympathy or empathy for a man who decides to take the road of violence. Denounce the murderer and his crime on the relevant forum thread. I will also make a public statement condemning the violence.

2. No jokes or sarcasm, especially towards the victim. Absolutely do not make jokes about the victim or try to justify their harm, even if the victim turned out to have wronged the murderer (e.g. false rape accusation, bad divorce). Anyone who does this will be immediately banned without warning. Also tone down your use of animated gifs during this time. Consider that the world will be watching us during the media accusation and we have to be direct and sincere with our communication.

That’s right: “tone down your use of animated gifs.”

3. Comment on media articles distancing our community from the killer. Leave comments that condemn the violence and distance our teachings of game and masculinity to the criminal act. You can also do this on Twitter. Call out the trolls that say “I’m a Roosh follower and I support this act” as liars and provocateurs.

And that’s it.

So not only does he expect one of his followers to be a future murderer; he also expects that some of his followers would — unless specifically forbidden — react to a killing by one of their own by offering the killer support, or posting crass, jokey animated gifs.

I think he’s probably right about this as well; it’s just odd to see him admit in public what utter shits his commenters are.

One Roosh V Forum regular who calls himself Basil Ransom wonders if there’s some “hypocrisy” in Roosh’s emergency protocol. Because, after all, a lot of the guys on the forum do actually sympathize with mass killers.

Whenever a man goes and commits violence against women in the name of being oppressed or vilified as a man, or being sexually worthless, there have been posters here who publicly sympathize with him, often along the lines of “bitches/feminists had it coming for being bitches/feminists.” …

The distinction here is merely a tactical one – show no support for violence when the media limelight is on the forum. But what about when it isn’t? If it’s the right thing to do, condemning violence, shouldn’t you do it when no one is looking? If condemning violence isn’t the right thing to do, wouldn’t it be a lie to suddenly condemn it in the face of media attention?

Roosh responds:

Unlike you, Basil, some of us here care about the long-term longevity of the forum, and understand emergency situations that require us to modify our behavior when the world is examining our every word.

No one here embraces or encourages violence during peace time, though sometimes we try to empathize with frustrated males who believe they have nothing to lose. During emergencies, you can share any empathy with such killers through private message.

In other words, in Roosh’s mind, it’s fine to feel sympathy with someone who goes out and shoots a bunch of women for some perceived wrong they’ve done to him. Just not publicly, in his forum, when the media is watching.

Apparently Roosh learned his ethics from GamerGate.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

rv | August 27, 2015 at 11:49 pm
“It’s statistically likely that one of your followers would commit a mass killing sooner or later…”

Violence and murder is wrong if someone has “urges” then they should seek help so they wouldn’t end up hurting or killing someone and also…
“…I wouldn’t be surprised if vester Lee was a follower of yours.”
Those people were murdered and you thought you could use them to “score points”?

Anon
No, if you say they need to be put in a mental hospital; call them mentally ill, crazy, insane or any other word which its in the comment policy then yes it’s ableist.

I get your point. I will carefully review the policy. FYI “went crazy” is a figure of speech and I was referring to a guy who went on a shooting spree, okay? No insensitivity to mental illness was intended. Now, off to review the policies. Thank you.

Seriously? Well, enjoy know why I am seriously judging you when you finish reading that shit.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

And I have been ninja’d by good ol’ Paradoxical Intention.

Ck
It’s still ableist to use the term whether its name calling or “figure of speech”

Cassie Devereaux

Pretty sure imagining the shooting gives him happy pants.

Nequam
Nequam

rv: Zip up and wash your hands.

Between this one and Vetarnias, should I bust out a container of sanitary wipes in case one of them touched the punchbowl?

brooked
brooked

@Paradoxical Intention

i hope you’re sitting down because this may his may shock you: I’d argue JB doesn’t actually care about abusive relationships and is merely getting in on the cuckold beta mania that’s sweeping the alt right these days.

Don’t worry, this in no way means that she’s giving up on railing against feminists for ruining everything by simultaneously being ugly bitter man-hating spinsters and slutty alpha fucking beta exploiting slatterns. It’s just she wants to get intersectional by exclaiming that men are being addled, swindled and emasculated by feminists and all their nonsense.

I mean the guy in the original article is a house husband (tee hee) who is in an open marriage with a women who has sex with men with ethnic names (Paulo? Gasping gasp!). It’s clearly ripe for that patented AVFM-style satire.

What JB calls bulling and plying with alcohol:

Happily for me, she was willing to talk about it, willing to ask if I’d be open to exploring other options. We opened a bottle of wine and started talking, and talking, and talking.

When JB says the wife pressured him with feminism to let her cheat:

She didn’t present it as an issue of feminism to me, but after much soul-searching about why the idea of my wife having sex with other men bothered me I came to a few conclusions: Monogamy meant I controlled her sexual expression, and, not to get all women’s-studies major about it, patriarchal oppression essentially boils down to a man’s fear that a woman with sexual agency is a woman he can’t control.

What can I say, JB has always had a very rocky relationship with intellectual honesty.

She also quotes at length an article by Milo, Breitbart’s resident gamergator, who argues that all this feminism and cuckolding will drive oppressed betas to take up gay sex. Yes, that’s really his argument. JB claims his article is hilarious. The article is not hilarious.

YoullNeverGuess

JB also left out the part where the original writer says that both he and his wife take other lovers, though he does so less frequently than she does.

Zeb Berryman
Zeb Berryman

Ugh. Seriously? He needs to tell his followers not to mock peoples deaths? WHHHAAAAT THHEEEE FUUUCKKK.

Cassie Devereaux

Well, aren’t we the busy little gossips? ;D

Cassie Devereaux

(sorry…. insomnia, and misreading)

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

… What?

TakeThatHatOff
TakeThatHatOff

I know there has been a bit of discussion about the like Ellie posted, if you read all the way to the end you will discover that its a genderswapped story about a stay at home dad. She is trying to use it as an example of how selfish feminists are.

TakeThatHatOff
TakeThatHatOff

Dang it, should have read further down the comments before I opend my big… mouth? Keyboard? Anyway nevermind me.

jillhorton

Your true character is what you do when no one is watching. These “emergency protocols” of his have failed before being enacted.

chaltab
chaltab

Roosh is such a piece of shit. I’m not sure if this is even shocking. I know it ought to be, but it really isn’t: Roosh knows exactly what kind of people follow him and he just doesn’t care. Protecting his goddamn blog is more important to him then questioning why he thinks he’ll probably have to some day.

ljy2008

Yes Basil, the forum is far more important than human life!

He’s openly admitting that his followers are more likely to act out this kind of violence. Why the hell else would he be sending this ‘warning’?

dox heads up
dox heads up

link to dox in comments above!

Kat
Kat

During peacetime? Wait–wut? Are they planning on starting a war against us?

sn0rkmaiden

Re: Judgybitch,

I read her open relationship ‘gotcha’ a few weeks back, I’m sad to say I was initially taken in as her version reeked of special snowflake and oversharing, then I realized she’d lifted someone’s else’s story and twisted the fuck out of it. I have to say though that I wasn’t all that comfortable with the original article either, that man didn’t actually seem all that happy to be in an open marriage even if he was free to take other lovers (something JB left out), I did wonder why he was choosing to share this with the world?

Back to Roosh. I wonder if he’ll take down that short story he wrote where we’re invited to sympathize with a man who murders a woman who he blames for him getting fired from his job? I read the story as a cautionary tale/threat to SJWs.

If he thinks he can get his followers to be less evil he’s fighting a losing battle. I remember how after the Eliot Rodger murders they were sharing photos of Rodger’s sister and debating whether or not she was ‘bangable’, nice. I also remember when Billy Chubbs wrote that ridiculous article accusing women of doing nothing during WW2 except shag Nazis, and in the comments people were angry with him for being too critical of the Nazis. I’ve also read plenty of comments where people call out Islamophobia, but only because they approve of the way the Taliban treats women.

They. Are. The. Baddies.

sn0rkmaiden

Btw, I see a drive by troll tried to score points by referencing the recent murders in Virginia, I wonder if it’s that particular tragedy that’s got Roosh sounding the alert?

I haven’t read too much about it yet, and I will never go and view the footage, and I haven’t checked out Lee’s manifesto though I gather he thought this would be ‘pay back’ for the Charleston murders. None of this makes any sense 🙁

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I’m sure this will work about as well as Paul Elam’s plea to AVfM conference ticketholders to be on their best behavior, be civil to journalists, and not make rape jokes or inappropriate comments. That went swimmingly. Reminds me of that fable about the scorpion and the frog.

It’s not like the media wouldn’t be able to see this article, or all of Roosh’s archived forums, when investigating the trail of a shooting. Roosh has to be one of the dumbest criminals alive. “Be cool! I think there might be other people who can access the internet! Do your victory dances and victim-blaming on PM until everything blows over, k guize?”

His followers are pretty dumb, too, not to notice that they’re being insulted. After all, they’ve just been told they’re statistically more likely to commit mass murder, and likely to get Roosh in trouble with the mainstream media because they have zero self-awareness and discretion. I guess that’s catnip to frustrated dark triad wannabes who want to be told how alpha and badass they are. To an outsider, it makes them look like their leader has zero respect for them, other than the cash and clicks he can milk out of them.

I mean, I’d be pretty offended if David announced we’re prone to littering and secretly snipping the tags off mattresses.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ sn0rkmaiden

TW

I have checked out the manifesto (well, as much as has leaked) read the internal emails and watched the footage. It seems this is a fairly standard disgruntled employee scenario (albeit one with horrific consequences).

Lee seemed to have problems with inter personal skills. He was over bearing and difficult to work with. He made a number of his work colleagues uncomfortable. The HR department advised him to seek help. He may have done so but the problems continued. A number of people put in further complaints about his behaviour, including the cameraman who was killed.

As a result of this complaint he was dismissed.

He brought a claim for racial discrimination, sexual discrimination (the news presenter woman got jobs he thought he should have got) and victimisation. The claims were dismissed.

He then did what he did, using social media to document his actions. It is perhaps worthy of note that he waited until the cameraman had turned to cover the reporter before he shot her. People have speculated that this is so her death would be broadcast live.

He sent a ranting manifesto to ABC news. it makes reference to revenge for the Charleston shootings but also goes on to reference numerous other mass shootings, including Columbine. He speaks of the perpetrators of those shootings in glowing terms but indicates he will seek to ‘beat their record’.

I’ll avoid the armchair diagnosis but I think it’s within the comments policy to state that a number of supposed experts have said this demonstrates classic narcissism.

Barbara Williams

his sales are collapsing. nobody wants to associate with a serial rapist and a piece of thrash as this loser RooshV:

people who know him personally describe him as a psychopathic selfish misogynist who cares only for his pleasure.

159,000 women signed petition this week against this lowlife rapist. Spreading awareness about him will help women to be safe.

these are screenshots of several crimes he did, and info on him, you can google each one of them, there are multiple websites with more info at each:

Daryush Valizadeh : declared Antisemite extremist by Anti Defamation League:

long detailed post with a larger selection of many self describes rapes by Daryush Valizadeh:

RooshV harasses women online and posts their nude photos publicly and makes death threats to them:

Anyway, that´s not even 5% of this scumbag´s career…

spacelawn

Alright, two things, to begin with. Now that Roosh has written this, people can just look it up, this is something anyone can read now, it’s like lying about something but before you do you tell everyone you are going to lie. Makes no sense.

Secondly, the fact that Roosh shows support of these killers, is just fucked up, not much more to say about that.

PUA-R-Suckers

What a proud day it would be for him.

Yes, he knows his followers very well, he is only out to financially molest them so he himself doesn´t have to live in a basement.

Bina
Bina

Oh, where was it we were talking about Vox Day’s book SJWs Always Lie? Apparently it has two Chapter 5s.

Oh dear Lord. You got that far in? Your stomach must be made of titanium.

Still, how hilarious to know that these guys can’t even count past 5…

Luzbelitx

Yeah, Roosh, it went really well for Elam when he adviced his set of assholes to not show off their assholery in public…

I’ve seen some of you mention the Charleston murders, could you tell me what those are and why this could be a revenge? I think I’m missing some pieces on this story…

I shouldn’t really be here but what the heck. Also, I’m posting from my phone with my real WP profile now, how cool is that?

Moggie
Moggie

Good grief, how callous and self-absorbed do you have to be to read about mass murder, and ask yourself “how can I make this about me?”

Moggie
Moggie

Bina:

Oh dear Lord. You got that far in? Your stomach must be made of titanium.

Perhaps you could manage this:

It has three chapter 5s, which makes it 50% better than VD’s book.

sunnysombrera

Hi Luz! Good to see you.

The Charleston murders was a mass shooting just last month where a (white) gunman killed 9 churchgoers during a prayer meeting. He was not subtle about his racist motivations.

No offence to Americans, but it seems like you guys have shootings almost every week! I feel bad for you all, and really hope this gun control stuff gets under way swiftly.

Bina
Bina

Moggie, that looks hilarious. Satire? Please tell me it is…

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@sunnysombrera:

Every week? Try every day.

Granted, this is a metric that’s broader than the one the FBI uses, but still. Lots and lots of gun violence, and yet there’s still somehow a huge opposition to gun legislation.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Yey Lux! Welcome back; I’ve missed you.

Moggie
Moggie

Bina, yes, it’s definitely satire, and it looks like Scalzi himself will be doing an audio version:

As I write, it’s #2 in Amazon’s best sellers in “political philosophy”, behind VD’s turd (and ahead of Machiavelli and Plato!)

CK
CK

The “Peacetime” comment… what is frightening about that is during the Canada trip, he was using war rhetoric “Battle of Toronto” and had an alert on his forum “War time” rules.
Maybe he needs to clarify what he means by Peacetime and Wartime since he’s giving his followers the idea that they’re at war imminently ?

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Hi Luz! Hope you’re okay with posting here – please let us know if there’s stuff we should do in order to be supportive.

Valizadeh is beginning to realise that nobody likes him and that online misogyny is increasingly visible to the mainstream media; were I a better man I would not be experiencing such delicious schadenfreude at his panic.

Nitram

I love how he thinks it’s only a matter of time that one of his followers goes on a shooting spree, but that’ll have nothing to do with his philosophy or actions. As of knitting clubs have the same risk and should put out similar protocol.

Yet, although his motivations are completely selfish, it would be nice to see a reduction in victim blaming and perpetrator sympathizing on these sites.

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

Jesus, I’m trying sooooo damn hard to feel bad about judgybitch being doxxed. (Autocorrect almost turned that to “sodded”, lol)

After all she’s done, after all the doxxing and libel, it’s really stretching my empathy to capacity. I can condemn it, I can agree it’s a shitty thing that shouldn’t have happened. But… I really have a hard time actually feeling for her, and usually I can sympathize with everyone down to movie villains. Even my usual trick of “well what about her children?” isn’t working, because part of me keeps fantasizing about one of her sons reading the shit she writes online and being appalled.

I’m going to keep trying, though, which I guess is the difference between decent human beings and the shit heels that get written up on this site.

Nequam
Nequam

I wish I could feel bad for her, I really do. But I think there is such a thing as empathy fatigue.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

I did raise this possibility when we were talking about the Redditt CEO woman and wondered how people might react.

I can see that why people may be thinking along the ‘hoisted by own petard’ line, but I must confess I do feel sorry for her. It’s similar to how I might feel when the kids who hang around with the bullies suddenly have the bullies turn on them. But I’m a bloke so her actions and comments have never affected me. if other people take a less charitable view I certainly won’t judge them for that.

wysewomon

The thing is, though, if you take into account that most of the mass shootings are domestic violence against women and children, perpepetrated by estranged partners, it’s astounding that one of her s followers hasn’t done it already. Or maybe one has, and we just haven’t heard about it because those aren’t as “newsworthy” as the random ones.

bvh
bvh

If Roosh thinks this will save his ass, he’d better look at the career of Metzger:

“Tom and John Metzger were found civilly liable under the doctrine of vicarious liability, in which one can be liable for a tort committed by a subordinate or by another person who is taking instructions. ”

I suppose Roosh thinks his strategy of pre denouncement will protect him, but his entire history is one of incitement and provocation. Any denials of awareness or responsibility will not be credible.

chronically lurking
chronically lurking

@Bina Truly, an editor who deserves a Hugo for their great skill.

Wow, my brain has a really hard time processing the phrase “Oregon trial.”

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

Eh, when the MRM finally turns on her for not toeing the line hard enough for a split second like they have with so many other lady MRA’s, then I’ll probably be able to really feel bad.

But this, even though it’s easy to condemn cause doxxing is shitty and should be considered like the nuclear option of online discourse, it’s hard for me to *really* get indignant about it. Like the most I can muster is a “wow, that’s kinda shitty.”

Falconer

Wow, my brain has a really hard time processing the phrase “Oregon trial.”

Better choose the lawyer.

Falconer

@Bina:

Oh dear Lord. You got that far in? Your stomach must be made of titanium.

Nah, I didn’t. I am reliably informed, however.

And it’s my legs that are titanium, not my stomach.

Paradoxical Intention

@Brooked and @YoullNeverGuess:

Ah, so JB just copied most of the article verbatim, switched the genders and was being highly dishonest about the whole thing. Gotcha.

Still, that seems like a healthy polyamory relationship. Both people sat down and discussed the thing like adults, and came to make a decision they thought was best for their relationship. Though, if either party still seems unhappy about the whole thing, they should probably talk some more about it. Communication is important.

Cleea
Cleea

It’s almost comical how often MRAs reference this mythical epidemic of “false rape accusations.” Where are these false accusations happening? Nowhere other than the minds of indignant, disillusioned MRAs. And it’s no surprise that Doosh would specify that a false rape accusation justifies murder/homicide. The best part about this whole thing is that Doosh has admitted, in no uncertain terms, that his followers are angry, violent, aggressive, raw nerves who are all constantly on the verge of a very public and very violent melt-down, and he has to specifically request that they curb their aggression so as not to make him look bad. Just… wow.

Paradoxical Intention

Moggie | August 28, 2015 at 10:02 am

Apparently, the audio’s coming out on Monday because they’ve raised over 6k already, and all the funds he raised for it are going to a charity to help fans of color attend sci-fi and fantasy conventions! Yay!

What makes poking fun at bigots better? Donating to causes that you know will piss them off while poking fun at them!