dark enlightenment douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny not-quite-plausible deniability playing the victim PUA red pill rhymes with roosh sympathy for murderers taking pleasure in women's pain

Roosh V: It’s just a matter of time before one of my fans commits a mass shooting

There have been 247 mass shootings so far this year
There have been 247 mass shootings so far this year

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive is on! Please consider donating through the PayPal button below. Thanks!

On his forum today, Roosh V posted this rather chilling assessment of his fans:

With so many mass shootings in the States these days, it’s just a matter of time until one of them happens to follow me on Twitter, read ROK, or like a handful of my Youtube videos.

What!?

There have been, according to one informal survey, 247 mass shootings in the United States so far this year (that is, shootings with more tha four victims, including the shooter). That’s a lot, but there are 245 million people over the age of 18 in the US. So we’re talking about one mass shooting per year per million people.

According to TwitterAudit, Roosh has about 13,000 real Twitter followers, and about 16,000 YouTube subscribers, many of them presumably the same people. His websites draw tens of thousands of unique visitors a day (including a number of his Twitter and Youtube followers) . But only about 30% of them are from the US, at least according to Alexa. So let’s say that he’s got maybe ten thousand real fans in the US, only a portion of whom could be tied to Roosh with a comment on his site or a “like” on one of his videos.

If Roosh thinks it’s “statistically likely” that one of these people literally goes out and shoots a bunch of people, either he can’t do math or he thinks his followers are much more violent and unstable and angry than your average Joe.

I mean, I think that a significant portion of his followers are ticking time bombs, but it’s strange to see that Roosh agrees with me on this.

So what does Roosh intend to do? Will he try to rachet down the hateful rhetoric? Will he ask his regular commenters to be on the lookout for anyone who shows up in the Return of Kings comments or on the Roosh V Forum who seems like he might be another Elliot Rodger in the making?

Nope. He’s not really interested in trying to stop a shooting. He’s more worried that a shooting will make him look bad.

Existing reporters who hate me in the media will take this casual association and try to say that I must have caused the murderer to go violent, even though my work does not promote violence. They will do this to incite a mob to come down upon us, hoping I will shut down my “hate speech” sites in the same way PUAHate shut down after Elliot Rodgers [sic] went on his killing spree.

His solution? An emergency “protocol” to try to make him look better. He tells his followers that he expects them to:

1. Strongly denounce the violent act. There will be no public sympathy or empathy for a man who decides to take the road of violence. Denounce the murderer and his crime on the relevant forum thread. I will also make a public statement condemning the violence.

2. No jokes or sarcasm, especially towards the victim. Absolutely do not make jokes about the victim or try to justify their harm, even if the victim turned out to have wronged the murderer (e.g. false rape accusation, bad divorce). Anyone who does this will be immediately banned without warning. Also tone down your use of animated gifs during this time. Consider that the world will be watching us during the media accusation and we have to be direct and sincere with our communication.

That’s right: “tone down your use of animated gifs.”

3. Comment on media articles distancing our community from the killer. Leave comments that condemn the violence and distance our teachings of game and masculinity to the criminal act. You can also do this on Twitter. Call out the trolls that say “I’m a Roosh follower and I support this act” as liars and provocateurs.

And that’s it.

So not only does he expect one of his followers to be a future murderer; he also expects that some of his followers would — unless specifically forbidden — react to a killing by one of their own by offering the killer support, or posting crass, jokey animated gifs.

I think he’s probably right about this as well; it’s just odd to see him admit in public what utter shits his commenters are.

One Roosh V Forum regular who calls himself Basil Ransom wonders if there’s some “hypocrisy” in Roosh’s emergency protocol. Because, after all, a lot of the guys on the forum do actually sympathize with mass killers.

Whenever a man goes and commits violence against women in the name of being oppressed or vilified as a man, or being sexually worthless, there have been posters here who publicly sympathize with him, often along the lines of “bitches/feminists had it coming for being bitches/feminists.” …

The distinction here is merely a tactical one – show no support for violence when the media limelight is on the forum. But what about when it isn’t? If it’s the right thing to do, condemning violence, shouldn’t you do it when no one is looking? If condemning violence isn’t the right thing to do, wouldn’t it be a lie to suddenly condemn it in the face of media attention?

Roosh responds:

Unlike you, Basil, some of us here care about the long-term longevity of the forum, and understand emergency situations that require us to modify our behavior when the world is examining our every word.

No one here embraces or encourages violence during peace time, though sometimes we try to empathize with frustrated males who believe they have nothing to lose. During emergencies, you can share any empathy with such killers through private message.

In other words, in Roosh’s mind, it’s fine to feel sympathy with someone who goes out and shoots a bunch of women for some perceived wrong they’ve done to him. Just not publicly, in his forum, when the media is watching.

Apparently Roosh learned his ethics from GamerGate.

booburry

Well, I guess if that did end up happening the media could look at these kinds of articles now and know what a giant pile of horseshit the RoK crowd was feeding to them. I can’t really imagine those guys following directions like he asks,anyways. They can’t contain their hatred.

okrysmastree

“Unlike you, Basil, some of us here care about the long-term longevity of the forum” is cross-stitch worthy, honestly. Or at least worthy of a dramatic reading (in entirety) as a Zoobe.

greydawnbreaking
greydawnbreaking

I’m dumbfounded. I literally don’t even know what to say.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Ooh, this is a bit freaky. In a recent thread we were chatting about intelligence analysis. I was going to raise the point that it’s inevitable that one day one of Roosh’s followers would engage in a mass killing; as they’ve made that intent clear; it would just be hard to predict when.

Seems Roosh agrees with me. Not a particularly nice feeling but on this occasion his awareness is spot on (if not his morals on how to deal)

Paradoxical Intention

It disgusts me that not only does Roosh think that his teachings are going to lead to someone committing a disgusting act of mass violence, but he still doesn’t think that he deserves any blame, and will just publicly deny the killers he helped create, while simultaneously showing pity and compassion for them because of some percieved slight.

I just…I don’t have words right now for this.

CK
CK

Hi concern is only for “long term longevity” and for “empathizing with killers”.

Roosh is total scumbag.

Instead of denoucing violence he fuels the hatred of his followers because the solution he can then offer them are his products: books, forum events, speeches, and the like.

Roosh doesn’t care if he has blood on his hands, he just hopes to obscure the trail so it doesn’t lead back to him.

If anyone is disgusted with this guy, he is probably in violation of hate speech laws in Poland, where he resides at least part time.

He also writes anti-Polish women screed which the Polish consulate probably would not take kindly to when it’s time to renew his tourist visa.

CK
CK

Armchair shrink here… but I used to think Roosh was a narcissist and maybe he is. Now I’m wondering if he’s a psychopath.

Paradoxical Intention

CK | August 27, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Please do not do this. It’s in our Comments Policy.

weirwoodtreehugger

If you have to coach your community not to mock shooting victims, maybe you’re the baddies?

Bina
Bina

As though his commentariat and their animated pics were really the worst thing about his site, and as though the media wouldn’t be reading his articles for passages that would appear to indicate a support for murderous or violent behavior. Roosh, get some self-awareness.

(And shampoo. Get some of that, too.)

jy3
jy3

Hang on, back during the Elliot Rodger incident, didn’t Roosh say that it wouldn’t have happened if Rodger had followed his advice? Anyone else remember that?

Consistency: not Roosh’s strong suit.

megpie71

I find myself wondering whether Basil Ransom is attempting to troll Roosh’s forums. Because this:

“If it’s the right thing to do, condemning violence, shouldn’t you do it when no one is looking? If condemning violence isn’t the right thing to do, wouldn’t it be a lie to suddenly condemn it in the face of media attention?”

sounds almost uncommonly like a combination of common sense, logical consistency, and ethical standards. I mean, I’m not surprised Roosh himself doesn’t recognise those when they leap up and bite him on the bum, but I am somewhat startled to realise there’s a person who reads and comments on his site who manages all three qualities in the same sentence. I’m presuming Mr Ransom then goes on to point out that in the interests of consistency his responses to mass killers are going to involve pom-poms, cheering and ra-ra skirts or something… which would at least explain the somewhat huffy response he got from Roosh.

Falconer

Roosh, get some self-awareness.

(And shampoo. Get some of that, too.)

And a sponge or loofah on a stick so you can clean your butt crack, stinko.

Falconer

Oh, where was it we were talking about Vox Day’s book SJWs Always Lie? Apparently it has two Chapter 5s.

peaches
peaches

Oofta. I really don’t know how to react to this. He’s literally telling his site readers to cease being evil, but only temporarily and just to keep up appearances. Worse part is, he may be right about there being a mass shooter among his fans. (I think he WANTS there to be, personally. I think he wants that kind of awful attention, he’s just barely smart enough to want to appear to dislike it.)

alysonmiers

Reblogged this on The Monster's Ink and commented:
So much more interested in the “long-term longevity of the forum” than in encouraging his followers not to shoot people.

brooked
brooked

I would argue that it’s always along those lines, rather than merely often.

I also am pretty taken aback by this, Roosh having an emergency plan, with scripted media spin, for a future mass murdering fan is both incredibly narcissistic and morally repugnant. Has Matt Forney chimed in on this? He’s just about the only thing that can make this worse.

crassenti

Doesn’t he realize by publishing this emergency plan where obviously media can find it, like you did, he’s just defeated the purpose of said emergency plan in the first place? You just told the media that you want your followers to put up a fake front to not appear to be in sympathy with killers. They might as well waved a rare steak infront of a starving dog,

Sarah
Sarah

Yes, I agree that sounds like attention masturbation. He probably fantasizes about something awful shooting him into notoriety and having to deny-not-deny his sympathy for the criminal in the media but looking so smart and convincing that he’ll get many more fans.

Yo guys, someone doxxed bitchyjudge :/

[link removed by DF]

ck
ck

armchair shrink: sorry.

God damn, that’s too sad to even snark about

Janet

His emergency situation plan seems a lot like one Stormfront posted the day of the Charleston shooting–not that it’s shocking that one hate group would need to copy another when trying to dodge responsibility over hate-mongering.

Paradoxical Intention

Ellie | August 27, 2015 at 10:06 pm
Yo guys, someone doxxed bitchyjudge :/

[link removed by DF]

Hmm. It looks like the last update on that was from January. :/

Still, it’s disheartening to see. Doxxing is a very, very bad idea, and no one deserves to be doxxed, hence why AVfM does it all the damn time.

It’s pretty ironic

Paradoxical Intention

Ellie | August 27, 2015 at 10:12 pm
God damn, that’s too sad to even snark about

The thing about this link is, there’s plenty of healthy polyamory relationships. Some of them include feminists.

My problem with this link is Janet’s trying to encourage women to let their husbands/boyfriends/significant male others sleep with whoever, and that’s supposed to make them “a better woman”, and it’s supposed to “not shame and demonize male sexuality”.

She’s trying way too damn hard to be that special snowflake “I’m not like other girls! I let my husband sleep with other women!” type of woman, just to stick it to feminists, completely ignoring the fact that polyamory is actually an acceptable relationship style, as long as it’s done properly, as she and her husband are doing (communicating, letting each other know who they’re going out with, keeping in contact in case something happens, telling each other how it goes, etc.).

It isn’t about monogamy somehow “controlling” and “demonizing” male sexuality, it’s about couples sitting down and communicating, thus making good relationship choices for the both of them, not just one or the other.

If Janet’s husband is fine with seeing other women, and she’s fine with him seeing other women, it’s not a problem. If she’s not okay with seeing other men, but is still okay with her husband going out with other women, then that’s fine too.

delphi_ote
delphi_ote

Honestly, I’m more concerned about the short-term longevity.

No I agree paradoxial intentions

Flint
Flint

“No one here embraces or encourages violence during peace time, though sometimes we try to empathize with frustrated males who believe they have nothing to lose.”

Blame my exposure to Pokémon: The First Movie, GoldenEye, Batman Begins and the first X-Men film on why I don’t sympathize with such a view.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

benfromcanada

Roosh is a goddamned monster, and this proves it…again…

Ellie

>Reading that, it doesn’t actually seem like she’s fine with it. It seems like she’s playing the “chill” game, putting on an act about how chill she is to convince herself that she is, in fact, chill about it, when in reality she’s fighting with jealousy and anxiety.

Yeah that’s how it struck me. Though honestly her whole blog strikes me as that (a woman desperately wanting to be ”one of the (mra) guys” for whatever reason

Paradoxical Intention

Policy of Madness | August 27, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Hence the “if”. : /

It does read like she’s somehow managed to convince herself that this is what’s best for her husband, and that she’s fighting “female urges” to keep her husband at home, and that’s awful because “feeemale urges” like that “demonize and control male sexuality” or whatever nonsense she’s believing now.

ck
ck

The Basal Ransom comment and Roosh’s backlash also hints at some sort of schism in the forum. Basal has 100+ rep points whatever that means, which seems on the high end of the spectrum relatively.

brooked
brooked

The JudgyB essay is a not autobiographical, it’s a, uh, “thought exercise”; she’s took an online NY Magazine essay and reversed the genders to teach us all a life lesson.

Of course, I reversed the genders from the original article, but if this were some man, bullying his wife over time and plying her with alcohol until she finally agreed that she couldn’t really be a men’s rights activist or care about men unless she let him fuck other women, feminists would be up in arms, explaining all the ways this is abuse and the woman is completely beaten down dog with no agency or will left.

hentropy
hentropy

When you have to make strategies and plans for when one of your “fans” does something horrible, that might be rock bottom and you might have to ask yourself whether you’re the bad guy at that point.

But I suppose if you’ve already blown past the “rape is okay and even good sometimes” sign you might just be cruising at rock bottom for a while now.

Ellie

Sure, though my point that she seems desperate to be ”one of the good ones” still stands :/

Ellie

I’m not often comfortable with doxxing folks, but after what “Mrs. Bloomfield” has done it’s hard to feel too sorry for her.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

*admits to raping a man and laughs about it with other female rapists
*advocates taking children away from single mothers and not caring about what kids have to say in the matter
*calls male journalists who call her out of her bad behavior with other Mras “wh*res”
*doesnt do a dang thing about raising awareness for male victims, etc but instead use them against feminists/women and girls to get money and attention.
*cries along with other female Mras about people being mean to them to get money from men.

JB: “I’m a good men’s rights activist” Me: “yeah, you keep telling yourself that”

Though I did feel my heart sink when I read that article she should talk to her husband about that and if they’re both ok with it then I don’t see the problem.

And there’s a difference between sharing info about a certain person so people can stay away from them and not give them attention and doxxing, nobody should be doxxed.

rv
rv

It’s statistically likely that one of your followers would commit a mass killing sooner or later. I wouldn’t be surprised if vester Lee was a follower of yours.

“rv”

Like…VR but opposite. Hmm…

Paradoxical Intention

brooked | August 27, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Well, yeah, that’s highly fucking abusive, and that would be abusive if the genders were reversed and it was a woman bullying her husband.

Again, JB misses the point in favor of assuming that we’re all hypocrites instead of asking what people would think about it.

Although, in her article, she actually portrayed a healthy polyamory relationship as far as I saw, so I’m kind of confused. : /

Is she like anti-polyamory, or what?

rv | August 27, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Except that even if that were so, we don’t advocate for violence against anyone, so we wouldn’t be a culprit in pushing that person to murder others. In fact, if someone came to us saying they were thinking about murdering people, I’m sure we’d all tell them to go get some help, or contact the FBI for their safety and the safety of others.

And of course you would use a recent tragedy to try to “score points” against people. Fuck you for using the deaths of others like that. Those people didn’t die for your stupid games.

anon
anon

Would it be ableist to point out that he pushes that aggrieved male rage bullshit and makes money by telling men how evil women are and how they need to be punished?

I can’t think of his audience as a random sampling of america but as the most angry and bitter people you could ever have the misfortune to find so it pretty much has to be higher.

I know that this is sensitive territory and I don’t want to be an armchair psychologist. If it came across as that then could you tell me a better way of getting my point across?

weirwoodtreehugger

RV,
How is it statistically likely? Show your work. Wow us with your superior man logic.

ck
ck

This reminds of when the Santa Barbara shooter went crazy, Roosh used to for his own gain with his “game saves lives” garbage. No sense letting a tragedy go to waste when you can sell a rape guide or two.

weirwoodtreehugger

Anon,
I don’t see how that would be ableist. Examining someone’s motives isn’t the same as internet diagnosing someone or calling them crazy.

weirwoodtreehugger

That said.

CK,
Someone else has already alerted you to how your use of the label crazy is a violation of the comment policy and provided you a link. Please cut that shit out.

Cerberus
Cerberus

Huh, I didn’t even know Roosh was capable of self-awareness.

ck
ck

I get your point. I will carefully review the policy. FYI “went crazy” is a figure of speech and I was referring to a guy who went on a shooting spree, okay? No insensitivity to mental illness was intended. Now, off to review the policies. Thank you.

1 2 3