a new woman to hate a woman is always to blame alpha males antifeminism dark enlightenment entitled babies evil sexy ladies hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny post contains sarcasm PUA red pill return of kings rhymes with roosh the c-word

Beer-soaked Roosh V files charges against alleged drink-tosser, retreats to fainting couch

I declare I am overcome with the vapors!
I declare I am overcome with the vapors!

So pickup artist and rape legalization proponent Roosh V has, he says, filed charges against a woman who allegedly threw beer in his face outside a Montreal bar on Saturday night. That’s his right, of course.

But reading the statement he says he gave to police, I was struck by the tone of wounded innocence that runs through it. In the forum post on the subject, sounding a teensy bit like a stereotypical 19th century Southern belle overcome with the vapors, he complains about being “attacked” by the woman and her friends “after I was seduced by a young woman.”

In the statement he says he gave the police, Roosh affects a tone of indignation at the allegedly deceptive behavior of this young Jezebel.

I talked to one girl of the group who gave me the name “Jennifer.” She complimented my beard and general attractiveness and asked me to come outside with her for a cigarette. She is approximately 23 years old, shoulder length hair, brown hair, brown eyes, and slim build. She has a piercing between her nose like farm bulls have.

It’s called a septum piercing. You do live in the 21st century, do you not?

I went outside and sat next to her. She began sensually rubbing her legs against mine. Her skirt was short.

That hussy! Getting him all hot and bothered with her “sexy legs” before tossing a drink in his face.

After the beer-toss, Roosh reports, the alleged assailant and her friends followed him down the street,

yelling vulgar language. One girl yelled, “Eat my cunt.”

Heavens to Betsy! A woman referred to her delicate vagina flower using a very rude word!

Apparently, in Roosh’s world, only men are allowed to use that word. He and his followers certainly use it often enough.

A search on his blog for the word “cunt” returns 305 results.

In a post entitled “The True Nature of Women,” for example, Roosh writes that

within every woman on this planet, regardless of her education or background, is a bitch, a cunt, a slut, a golddigger, a flake, a cheater, a backstabber, a narcissist, and an attention whore that is dying to get out … .

In one called “It’s Your Fault That American Women are Winning,” he demanded of his readers

When was the last time you put an Americunt in her place?

He seems to like that particular portmanteau. On his site Return of Kings, he published a post titled “A Perfect Example Of The Americunt.”

Meanwhile, a post on RoK titled “American Women Are Only Good For One Thing” declares that

[m]ost of today’s women are bitchy, masculine, selfish cunts with inferiority complexes that make them think they want to dominate men.

The sad truth is that decades of feminism has reduced women to nothing more than three holes and a set of tits who are only as good as the orgasms they provide men.

In “Why You Should Avoid Dating Girls Who Claim They Were Raped,” another RoK writer informs us that

[e]ven the most manjawed cunt secretly harbors fantasies of locking down a good man, marrying him, and thereby trebling her disposable income. Chicks will cry rape if it means endless, adoring attention with zero associated cost. But they won’t if they think getting raped renders them unattractive in the eyes of men.

In other posts, RoK writers complain about “empowered femcunt doublespeak,” “Sheryl Sandberg-clone femcunt[s] …who have brought into the myth of office-cubicle empowerment,” and the sad fate of men who have “a cunty controlling bitch of a wife.”

I could literally spend the rest of the day providing more examples of “cunt” usage from Roosh and his friends from his two main blogs. If I started searching his forum as well, I suspect I could be at it for the entire week.

In other words, I’m pretty sure Roosh has heard the word before.

Were any woman to post a police report like the statement posted by Roosh, she would quickly be accused of “damseling” and worse by dozens if not hundreds of MRAs and PUAs and other assorted misogynistic woman-pesterers online.

And they’d call her a cunt, as well.

GrumpyOldSocialJusticeMangina

One of the differences I’ve noticed between the way women and men look at a situation is that women tend to be very sensitive to the social context of the situation whereas men tend to take a legalistic “well, throwing a beer on him IS technically assault” view. This is one of the problems with defining rape and sexual harassment, because men are socialized to ask “what is the rule that tells me what I can get away with” and to be relatively clueless about the context and the observable reactions of others. Had to be Dead between the Ears is arguing a typically male technical point of view — “she set him up and then doused him” — without understanding that we are talking about an admitted rapist and professional rape instructor. Context, Dood — it means something.

repentantphonebooth

Actually, I wonder if wearing the wig constitutes fraud. A person cannot give sexual consent if fraud is being committed. In that case Roosh is guilty of sexual assault and disguise with intent.

Pretending not to be Roosh specifically because you know women don’t want to have sex with Roosh certainly sounds like fraud (though IANAL).

dhag85

I nominate HTBS’s trollery in this thread as the worst gotcha attempt ever. Did he really think we would agree to defend a rapist just as long as she self-identifies as a feminist? This proves once again that MRAs don’t understand the concept of intellectual honesty.

repentantphonebooth

Well there you go- another thing to add to the list of crimes Roosh is committing on his Canadian tour.

isidore13
isidore13

This is amusing, HTBS sets them up and y’all knock ’em down. I wish I had popcorn.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Following on from GOSJM’s point about legalism vs context there’s two ways of looking at this.

We could do a complete forensic analysis of the matter. We could discuss whether beergirl’s actions amount to entrapment, we could consider the definition of assault and we could have a scintillating discussion around the use of force in self defence and defence of another.

Or we could just say that, whatever the legal position, there’s no comparison between an active pro rape dickhead advocating his vile and dangerous views and a woman giving said dickhead a bit of a swilling.

I imagine wearing a wig in general to get laid wouldn’t count as fraud (for instance, if you’re bald but wear a wig, someone couldn’t accuse you of rape because you turned out to be bald). But the whole point of rape-by-fraud is that it’s rape if you’re someone they wouldn’t want to have sex with but you pretend to be someone they would have sex with (eg, husband/boyfriend). Which sounds like it would cover Roosh.

repentantphonebooth

Or you could say Beergirl is a vigilante. What’s on tap in Montreal? Justice.

repentantphonebooth

@Katz- agreed- he was clearly wearing a wig to disguise his identity, not for fashion.

Had To Be Said
Had To Be Said

So I guess the consensus is that Roosh V can be assaulted by anyone at any time, because of what he has written on the web.

Right?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Katz

To be pedantically legalistic (cf Grumpy’s point), in England it only counts if the fraud is to make the victim think it’s someone *personally* known to the victim rather than *not being* a particular person. Don’t know what the situation is in Canada.

So I’ll just fall back on my “Good on yer girl” argument I’ve expressed previously. I rest my case.

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

@HTBS
Wrong.

The consensus is that you are an asshole.

@Had To Be Said

That depends: Would it be considered assault if I throw my drink in your face for being such a fucking douche?

Asura
Asura

I love how getting some water splashed on you is “assault” to the MRAs. Oh you delicate little fragile things, you.

dhag85

The rape(s) that Roosh has committed are not something that was “written on the web”. They happened in meatspace. Why the constant dishonesty?

repentantphonebooth

@htbs: I think the consensus is no one feels that badly Roosh got a face full of beer, especially considering the laundry list of crimes he has been committing in the form of hate speech, criminal harassment, and the possibility he committed assault on that woman. In fact, cases of assault have been acquitted in Canada because the harm to the accuser is so negligible- what happened to Roosh is mild enough you would actually need a court of law to prove it was assault.

Zeb Berryman
Zeb Berryman

Had To Be Said: Okay real talk here. You claim that you are not a misogynist so why do you spend all your time defending the character of a self admitted rapist? What is it about him that you like? Why do you blame women for defending themselves against him?

Had To Be Douche is just angry the filecabinet of assault charges they’ve filed against people throwing their drinks on them haven’t been taken seriously.

Mewens
Mewens

Or he’s angry that the straw-feminist hivemind isn’t asserting itself, since he’s hellbent on this idea that we’re all looking for a Roosh to assault.

Snuffy
Snuffy

Congratulations @HTBS! You win the award for ignoring all context to defend the rapist!

Not only do you minimize his crimes yet again by only acknowledging what he has “written on the web” and ignoring his real life rape in order to bolster your defense, but you ignore that the was attacked by a “mob” because he (an admitted rapist) went to a bar that had forbidden him after he gave a lecture teaching other men how to rape with the sole purpose of targeting drunk women for rape.

weirwoodtreehugger

Are you on manosphere sites scolding them for the rape and death threats they make against feminists and for defending those who do make the threats?

Not that I expect an answer because you’ve ignored every other question I’ve asked you.

But I did Google your name + RoK and AVFM and in my admittedly short search I didn’t see evidence of you on their comment sections.

If I had to guess, you are a manurespherian but post here on a separate username/account so you can pretend to be the totally neutral potential ally who is just so appalled by our terrible actions and meanness.

I’m reminded of our old annoying neutrality troll Anand from last year? Anyone remember him? He eventually admitted to donating to Paul Elam for the men’s rights conference “security” but claimed he only did it because feminists are sooooo mean.
That was in a later thread but here was where he first appeared. https://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2014/05/30/is-the-mankind-initiatives-violenceisviolence-video-a-fraud/comment-page-2/#comment-500022

OK, for real: Getting a drink thrown on you is the stereotypical thing that happens to a dude who “strikes out” with a woman at a bar or club. So even if the woman in question was wrong to do so, Roosh should have been prepared for that eventuality.

repentantphonebooth

@weirdwoodtreehugger- omg it was YOUR FAULT the guy decided to side against equality. Had you only loved him a little more, maybe gave him soft words of encouragement, he would have seen the light. But YOU are ruining equality by not being nice to the people who don’t believe in it!! For shame. Smile a little more, for god sakes. And would it kill you to put on some make-up?

Okay, she’s No True Feminist.

In the sense that a guy from England, of English descent, is No True Scotsman.

Luzbelitx - from my phone
Luzbelitx - from my phone

Oh, look, Had To Be Said is being inexplicably obtuse and still trying to convince someone (Us? Himself? Unidentified lurking trolls?) that being disgusted by dehumanizing actions is “any sort of disagreement”?

Well,

Phew, got that off my chest. Please go on like I haven’t been here.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Been reading some of the comments on the ROK site that was linked to. It’s beyond parody.

This is a *serious* discussion they’re having.

Floyd Maywether is criticised for assaulting a woman in a domestic violence incident.
Ronda Rousey not only beats up women, she is rewarded for it.
That demonstrates double standards.

It’s almost like the guys there don’t understand consent.

Might go some way to explaining why they are so into false equivalence though.

repentantphonebooth

@ Alan robertshaw- It’s like those guys don’t understand how sports work. If I play hockey on the ice everyone’s happy, but start skating around in my office building everyone loses their minds.

Tracy
Tracy

HTBS is to Roosh like Woody is to Paul Elam. Therefore I believe this is in order:

Shut up, HTBS.

(doesn’t quite have the same ring to it. shucks.)

That works.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@ever-more-tedious troll

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

(I tried to include Roosh’s beer bath, but the potato-quality vertical video just couldn’t be saved. Oh well.)

Kat
Kat

@buttercup, @katz

The visuals are hysterical.

Kat
Kat

@alan robertshaw

But where was the big orgy?

Everyone knows that you only go back to the hotel room of a man if you’re intending to have sex.

Ha, ha!

Kat
Kat

I can now blockquote…

…and I’m DRUNK WITH POWER!

(Too much kombucha today. Sorry, people.)

alaisvex
alaisvex

@HadToBeSaid,

No one here would support violence being done to Roosh, except in self-defense. The disconnect between us and you is that you’re the only person who considers dumping beer on someone’s head to be assault.

Luzbelitx - from my phone
Luzbelitx - from my phone

@SHFC

So much misandry there!

@Kat

Cheers! Mind the Blockquote Mammoth, though…

Bina
Bina

Ronda Rousey not only beats up women, she is rewarded for it.
That demonstrates double standards.

It’s almost like the guys there don’t understand consent.

Almost, but not quite. They understand it perfectly well, but they want it to become irrelevant so they can go on molesting women with impunity. Right now, things are on the verge of tipping in the favor of women and the need for enthusiastic consent (as opposed to tacit nope). They don’t like the loss of power that this entails, for them.

And yeah, how about those false equivalences. Two female MMA fighters duking it out publicly in a refereed pro match ≠ a boxer abusing his partners behind closed doors. The former is a fair and consensual bout, the latter is most certainly not. But they would like the rest of the world to think that the two are the same, and that not seeing them as such constitutes “hypocrisy”. Nope…it’s more like a perfect illustration of why consent changes EVERYTHING.

Bina
Bina

Oh, I see our troll is still here. Hey, Had to be GONE, have a meme on me:

Alais

@Bina,

I wonder what they’d think of this recent example involving two male football players.

While it is perfectly acceptable for one football player to tackle another football player during the course of the game, it is unacceptable for one football player to sucker-punch another football player, breaking his jaw, in the locker room during training. The tackling is okay because everyone playing understood the risks involved and agreed to participate in the game. The surprise sucker-punch isn’t okay because it was an attack on an unsuspecting, non-consenting victim. As such, the puncher has been fired from the team and could face charges if his victim chooses to press them.

Oh, also, Roosh, Had to Be Said? Getting punched in the face is an example of what assault looks like. Getting beer thrown on you is not what assault looks like.

Kat
Kat

@Bina, @Alais
Excellent points about consent and assault.

jaygee
jaygee

Ronda Rousey not only beats up women, she is rewarded for it.
That demonstrates double standards.

I saw a quote on my FB feed credited to John Oliver: “Sex is like boxing, if both people don’t fully agree to participate, one of them is committing a crime.”

Bonnie Blue
Bonnie Blue

@ Had To Be a Concern Trolling MRA:

It is sooo obvious that you don’t absorb the content of any of the clear, detailed responses to your whining. This makes any discussion with you pointless. If you’re trying to pretend that you do absorb the responses, then you’re doing a REALLY lousy job.

ej
ej

I was just thinking of this quote! It’s from his recent segment on sex education (which is fantastic, by the way).

ej
ej

And I got attacked by the Blockquote Mammoth…

dhag85

John Oliver has been absolutely great so far.

Kat
Kat

@ Rosa DeLava

Janet Bloomfield also admitted to having raped someone?!
Jesus tapdancing Christ on a cracker; is rape in vogue in the manosphere or something?!

Apparently, she says she rapes her partners all the time; she won’t take no for an answer. And it’s never been a problem! Therefore it shouldn’t be a problem when men rape women. Ha, ha, ha! Do I smell smoke? Are Janet Bloomfield’s pants on fire?!

And to answer your question, Yes! Rape is always in vogue in the manosphere!

repentantphonebooth

Oh yes!! The same montreal police that are investigating the beer throwing thing are also investigating Roosh!! For harassing women on his blog!!! Thank god and good for them!!!
“Montreal police are also investigating posts on a personal blog on Aug. 1 and 2, which they believe Valizadeh wrote.

“It talks about women, it targets some women with the purpose of harassment,” Richer alleged.

Investigators are “trying to figure out if we have jurisdiction or not,” he added.”

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Katz:

But…Victim blaming! Just like saying that women who interact with men privately should prepare to get raped!

(/sarcasm)

Bina
Bina

If the women being harassed were locals, then yes, you have fucking jurisdiction! Send word to the Toronto Police Service, if necessary, and get that fucker before he skips the country!

Bina
Bina

Yup. Tackling is part of the game, and they train for it. Sucker-punching in the locker room isn’t.

Long argument short: If it’s not part of your refereed sport, and you’re not doing it in front of a paying crowd, you’re committing a crime.