a new woman to hate antifeminism creepy drama kings dude you've got no fucking idea what you're talking about entitled babies evil SJWs harassment internet tough guy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats not-quite-plausible deniability red pill return of kings rhymes with roosh straw feminists

Roosh V urges his fans to infiltrate protests against him dressed as “homosexual hipsters”

No one will suspect a thing
No one will suspect a thing

Hugely unpopular pickup artist Roosh V, now on the final leg of his “world tour” in Canada, is apparently feeling a bit cocky in the wake of what he sees as the success of “Operation Medusa” — his not-terribly-well-conceived plan to convince the world he’s not a promoter of hate … by promoting a hateful dirty tricks campaign to scare his most outspoken critics in Montreal (and elsewhere in Canada) into silence.

So now, with his Montreal event scheduled for later today, he has launched a new campaign aimed at the same protesters, urging his followers to dress like “homosexual hipster[s] (i.e. male feminist[s])” in order to infiltrate today’s Demonstration Against Rape Culture, scheduled for noon in Montreal’s Norman Bethune Square.

No, really.

As he explains it in a post on his Return of Kings blog

“Operation Revelation” is a defensive operation to infiltrate all feminist protests on Saturday afternoon, take video of the crowd under the guise of being a fellow protester, and then have videos analyzed to identify the key ringleaders of the protest who make statements or actions showing they intend to break Canadian law.

So very sneaky.

In order to better blend in, Roosh tells his Montreal fans to show up with iPhones charged in

an outfit that looks like a person who has nothing going on with his or her life. To fit in seamlessly if you’re a man, dress like a homosexual hipster (i.e. male feminist). If you’re a woman, gain 30 pounds, dye your hair red, get three cat tattoos, and wear ugly clothing (i.e. contract Lindy West disease).

(Lindy West? Ugly clothes? Uh, Lindy West was just featured on MTV News as an “Inspiring Bride Obliterating Wedding Dress Stereotypes.” But I digress.)

Pretend you’re a protester by sharing your hatred of patriarchy, “rape culture,” and masculinity while casually filming the proceedings with your phone.

And then you’re supposed to send the footage to Roosh via Dropbox.

Do not challenge the protesters because they are mentally unstable and in all likelihood ready to use violence. Fit in with them instead, gain their trust, and film the proceedings casually. Your raw footage will be edited and shared online to help identify potentially threatening individuals. Private investigators will likely be hired to help with the analysis.

While Roosh is obviously being a bit facetious about the clothes, he’s serious about the filming. And it’s pretty clear Roosh and his cronies aren’t simply interested in filming protesters in order to protect themselves from violence or other illegal acts; they’re doing it to get a database of pictures of people they can identify — and smear, using whatever shred of dubious “evidence” of wrongdoing or wrongthinking they can find.

Indeed Roosh has started doing this already with some of the protest organizers; a post up today on RoK tries to portray one of his critics as a supporter of violence against Roosh — on the basis of a single Facebook “like” of hers.

The commenters on Roosh’s post are even more blunt about their desire to intimidate Roosh’s enemies. Ashan writes,

Even if everything goes well, and there are no confrontations, still do record the faces of protesters. Why? you may ask. Protesting is a legal right, you may say. Yes it is, and so is free speech. Using one legal right of yours to sabotage another legal right of another person is bigoted, and you must break the anonymity of these bigots and expose them at any cost. Fight fire with a bigger fire. Bring a gun to a knife fight. When you enemies are even a little bit defeated, don’t have any mercy. Crush them down, hard, to destroy them fully. Kill their very souls.

A commenter calling himself Cat5krusher adds

Infiltrate, divide, conquer, destroy from within. Hey Its worked for the F.B.I an the C.I.A for the last 50 years and seems to work for them. If you’re really good as an imposter catch them on tape on what the sjw’s plan on doing. Entrap and give the footage to the authorities.

Daniel Ramos complements Roosh’s “excellent plan,” explaining

I myself have contacted a few ex military friends who live in canada for support. A few of them promised to go to this demonstration in full hipster camo so they can blend right in. I’ve even asked some of them to act like moronic leftists so the rest of the plants can catch it all on camera lol.

No one will suspect a thing when your totally real ex military friends totally show up at the event in “hipster camo,” because that is a thing that totally will happen.

Roosh’s fans aren’t battle-hardened super spies. They’re angry assholes who like to talk shit online but have probably never even been to a demonstration in their lives. If they can even be bothered to get their asses to Norman Bethune square in the first place, they have about as much chance of “blending right in” with the protesters as Roosh has of winning the Nobel prize for literature.

And if you don’t believe me I have some tickets to a totally real feminist conference to sell you.

Real feminists are a lot smarter than these dudes think they are. And they have cameras too.

sunnysombrera

@SHFC
It’s like ever since that “Fuck her right in the pussy” meme dudebros have taken it upon themselves to harass female reporters. And that prick looks like a young idiot punk to me, probably just doing it for bragging points with his friends.

BOUNDARIES, MOTHERFUCKERS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THEM?

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

“But she thought it was funny, so it’s okay!”

What kind of douchey excuse is that? Of course she smiled in front of the camera. That’s called professionalism, for fucks sake. That she had to ceep her calm, smile the incident away and continue with the report is exactly why that asshole’s trespassing behaviour is such a problem for female reporters. It’s an assault in any case, but if there wasn’t a camera pointed at her, she’d been able to defend herself and at least step away or slap him.

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

ouch.

A.A. Wils

I don’t know what Roosh expects. Does he not think that by vomiting his disgusting bigotries online that he’s going to get some push back? While I’m not in favor of wasting a good beer by throwing it on the likes of him, what he does (and encourages his followers to do) is the online version of following people home whilst yelling insults at them. How does it feel, Roosh, to feel like someone is invading your space?

I realize that this will garner some attention to him, but maybe a light needs to shine on the darkest recesses of the manosphere to make the public realize that there is a seething hate movement sitting right there, under everyone’s noses. Trolls may be trolls, but I heard it once said that “not feeding the trolls” gives them more of a platform to spout more garbage and get away with it.

And one more thing about that video. Whoot! Canada, get down with your bad self.*

*When I was driving through Canada, I only encountered the most polite and welcoming people. Of course, I’m not a vile bigot, so…yeah.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@Bernardo

Actually, even if there wasn’t a camera, there’s a good chance she would have pretended to laugh it off anyway. It’s a defense mechanism in the hopes that he won’t escalate.

Which leads to the apologists’ favourite catch 22: If a woman is harassed or assaulted and doesn’t fight back, “It’s her fault, she should have fought back!” If she does fight back and is raped or murdered, “It’s her fault, she shouldn’t have fought back!”

I’ve tried asking how I’m supposed to fight back and not fight back simultaneously. No answer yet. =P

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

@SFHC

Schrödingers sexual assault. (I feel like someone has already made that joke in an earlier thread).

Also, totally agreed. I didn’t want to imply that that wouldn’t be a normal and understandable reaction without camera, but I think that the harassers in this and the “f her” cases chose to harass reporters because they felt secure in the knowledge that the harassed woman wouldn’t be able to react in any way – that is, even more secure than usually, where they can count on fear or social conditioning. That said, it also speaks to their feeling extremely secure in their privilege that they don’t seem to see it as a problem that their assault is documented on camera and made public.

Luzbelitx - from my phone
Luzbelitx - from my phone

Thanks @ everyone reporting on this! And @ Alan for throwing some legal light on it….
And yes, I too imagined AA batteries being thrown o.O

Off topic, I know not everyone here cares but I’m off to vote right now! Yay for free elections!! Viva la democracia!!

I couldn’t be happier, this can be the breakthrough moment we’ve been hoping for, and whatever the result, everything we’ve built on the past 12 years will be put to the test.

These are only preliminaries, but hell, I’m SO excited *bounces away towards the ballots*

@ SFHC

As you know this is a subject dear to my heart. There’s not enough teal paint in the world to cover how much I could go on about this.

To put it in simple terms there’s obviously no duty on any woman to fight back; sole responsibility for an assault lies with the assaulter.

Fighting back is an effective tactic of course. Generally any form of resistance has a very good chance of stopping an attacker. Most attackers have strong self preservation instincts (they are after all inherently selfish) whether that’s against physical harm or the chances of being caught. Also women who fight back have much lower incidences of PTSD *whatever* the outcome.

I’d certainly advocate the use of force as an option but I repeat the proviso that there’s no duty on any victim to do so.

weirwoodtreehugger

So. If a man gropes or pulls on a woman in a bar without her consent, that’s not assault. That’s kino! Having sex with a woman too drunk or high to consent. That’s not rape. That’s game! A beer being thrown on Rhoosh however, that’s assault and battery and just so mean!

What a fucking hypocrite. This man makes a living off of teaching other men to violate our personal and bodies. Yet, he can’t handle it when someone does the same to him? If he was remotely self aware, he would learn a lesson about the importance of boundaries and consent. Something tells me that isn’t going to happen though.

That said, I agree that this wasn’t the appropriate response. It’s exactly what he wanted. Now he and his followers have an excuse to label feminists as violent (never mind that it wasn’t necessarily a feminist who did this ). It essentially martyred him.

@ Lux et al

I don’t want to breach the community rules on advocating violence so I’ll reiterate that it’s only a fantasy that it would be fun to see people throw salt and batteries at RV.

Just imagine the confusion on the charge sheet.

Tessa

indifferentsky

Did you guys see that he’s also reporting a mother that started the petition to child protective services?

That’s what they’re basing it on?? Does that mean they believe any woman with kids and a job is neglecting her kids? Gee I sure hope the CPS agent isn’t a woman with kids, or they’ll have to report her, too!

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

It was pretty funny at the end of the video where the bird-flippin’ was coming from both sides.

@Luzbelitx, good luck!

lightcastle
lightcastle

@Alan Robertshaw – yes, legally it meets assault (and the beer dumping battery). However, this is almost never prosecuted because the police really don’t think it is worth their time, especially when no one got hurt.

The context does seem to be that the woman recognized him, agreed to go in for a drink so she would have time to text her friends to come back her up, and then dumped her beer on his head. So not really a spontaneous reaction to being touched/groped. She then posted the address of where he is staying (visible in the vid anyway) and told people to go find him.

There are people posting on reddit about still hoping to beat him down before he leaves, (There were certainly a couple of people at the demonstration who seemed upset we weren’t going looking for him, although they weren’t talking about violence, they just seemed upset that the demonstration wasn’t actually about stopping his talk or getting in his face.)

Bina
Bina

That video totally made my morning…nay, my entire weekend. Finally, Roosh gets the zero’s welcome he deserves.* That woman yelling “eat my cunt” at the end was the perfect capper. I can hardly wait for “Don’t Bang Montréal”. TO, you’re next…don’t disappoint me, now. I wanna see him running for the border with his tail between his legs.

*And yes, I’m aware that dousing someone in beer is — usually, and rightly so — considered assault, and legally actionable. But since the authorities have been alerted to Roosh and his “game”, I’m pretty sure no charges will be laid. Plus, as he is a self-admitted rapist, and was probably out looking for drunk and vulnerable young women (who hadn’t heard of him) to assault, a case could even be made for pre-emption. At least they got rid of him before he could touch anyone. And he probably just spent the rest of the night trying to wash the beer out of his hair and clothes — just picture it — so no harm done.

Of course, him being Roosh, I don’t suppose he also took the opportunity to re-evaluate his life choices. But it would be nice if he had the decency at least to be embarrassed.

Had To Be Said
Had To Be Said

Roosh won the Battle of Montreal.

He won it by not interrupting his enemies when they were making a mistake.

Bina
Bina

Roosh won the Battle of Montreal.

He won it by not interrupting his enemies when they were making a mistake.

What battle? And what “mistake”? He got what he deserved, and should just be thankful he didn’t get more of it.

Also, fuck off, troll.

Alan Robertshaw

He won it by not interrupting his enemies when they were making a mistake

Yep, he’s a regular Napoleon; and we all know how well he turned out.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Bina

No… no. This is Roosh. He spent the rest of the night whining about how women would insist that he wash the beer out of his hair before they’d let him hit on them again.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@Bina

He doesn’t seem like the sort of guy to care about smelling like stale beer! I bet he ran back to his hotel room to report to his Reddit legions post-haste to talk about “actionable charges” and present himself as a martyr.

weirwoodtreehugger

Remember when Had To Be Said was here a couple of weeks ago pretending to not be a troll?

Hate to say I told you so (actually, I love it ).

Hey, maybe the women were just trying to do him a favour 😉
comment image

Tessa

Had to be said:

Roosh won the Battle of Montreal.

He won it by not interrupting his enemies when they were making a mistake.

Well, he’s an admitted rapist, and publicly states he believes rape should be legal. Couldn’t that be self defense? Even Roosh himself talks about how women should always protect themselves from rapists. That’s what they were doing. If he press charges he’s being a huge hypocrite.

dhag85

Ban the troll already?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Roosh won the Battle of Montreal.

He won it by not interrupting his enemies when they were making a mistake.

I can’t believe David doesn’t think you’re a troll. *shakes head*

Had To Be Said
Had To Be Said

Consider these two options:

1. Roosh speaks, and nobody protests.

2. Roosh speaks, and thousands protest.

Which one do you think Roosh wants?

Alan Robertshaw

Which one do you think Roosh wants?

Well the fact he tried to organise a campaign to disrupt the protests demonstrates that would be option 1.

What do I win?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Yeah, because deferring to quietly ignoring Doosh has worked out for so well for all the women he’s raped.

Don’t make me break out the dancing again.

Tessa

Had to be said

Consider these two options:

1. Roosh speaks, and nobody protests.

2. Roosh speaks, and thousands protest.

Which one do you think Roosh wants?

3) Roosh speaks, hundreds of thousands of men show up to learn his amazing game technique, he makes tons of money… Roosh doesn’t like the protesting, he had to change his location, he’d rather his abusive hate speech be accepted by all so he’d have a bigger fanbase.

No no, I’m sure Had To Be Said is really a card-carrying feminist who just happens to spend 100% of his time defending antifeminists and/or attacking feminists. But he really does agree with us about almost everything!

Had To Be Said
Had To Be Said

SFHC,

To David’s credit, he does not consider “person who disagrees with the established consensus” to be the definition of “troll.”

And disagreeing with the consensus is all I’m doing here. I think it was a major strategic error to amplify Roosh’s message and massively increase awareness of his previously obscure little cult. Roosh, who is in fact a troll extraordinaire, successfully manipulated his enemies into giving him more publicity than he has ever received. He won. Roosh is a significantly bigger public figure today than he was just a few weeks ago, and it is not because of his lecture tour — it’s because of the oxygen given to it by his enemies.

weirwoodtreehugger

Yeah, I don’t know why David thought this chap would be less of a wankstain if he just took a break from the site.

dhag85

Why is it a bad thing that more people now know Roosh is a rapist?

gelar
gelar

I don’t care what he wants. What I want is for the average person to hear or see his name mentioned and go, “Oh- you mean that cr***y guy who raped a drunk Icelandic woman, and doesn’t want to wipe his ass?”

weirwoodtreehugger

It the first page of the troll playbook it instructs trolls to claim that disagreeing with the group doesn’t make one a troll.

Disagreeing isn’t being a troll. Being a tedious asshole is.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

*sigh* Being a hateful ass stain is not a mental illness.

gelar
gelar

SFHC: I’m sorry, that was meant to be a facetious take on “creepy”.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Oh, shit, sorry! My bad. ^^;;

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

@Had to be said:

That’s such an old and stupid argument. Of course he would prefer that there’s no spotlight shone on his horrible ideas and actions, because then he can lure people into buying his books and coming to his talks who believe his shit about how he’s just helping shy men to get into relationships. Nobody buys his version of events except for his followers. The protests were largely peaceful, and no one (except see above) will think bad of the woman who poured beer over him, because that’s exactly what he had coming. Also, although there might be (in theory) a legal case for assault, I find that a non-violent and perfectly legitimate action.

I remember that argument was brought forth by a mayor of a German city, when Neonazis started doing rallies every year to commemorate Rudolf Hess’ death (because they had been thrown out by the small town where his grave is). He called upon people in the city to stay indoors and close the window shutters and in all earnestness called this “the strategy of dedicated ignorance”. Thus he proposed to give over the whole city to a few hundred Neonazis, and on a Saturday during summer in a city on the shores of a big lake in Southern Germany (Friedrichshafen, by Lake Constance). That’s a level of idiocy that is beyond me. Of course, for him it was mainly an excuse to not do anything himself and set Police on the counterprotests (to be fair, they had tried to ban the nazi demonstration, but lost in court).

In your case, it’s just bad trolling.

Weld_el_Phallogos
Weld_el_Phallogos

Lol, here comes the beer-throwing hipster vigilante squad, hide your white male cishet privilege in your pants guys!

But seriously, I can’t imagine any reasonable state letting this kind of behavior happen without batting an eye. Can you imagine how disempowering and rape-culturish it would be to suggest to a dozen of angry white males full of bitter mangriness which burns in them like a patriarchal flame eager to trigger feminists that it might be legal to, for example, find this particular loud beer thrower of a lady in the street, at night, shout names at her while following her on her way to her house and recording the whole performance to show to the rest of the world how easy it is to harrass people?
I’m sure the québécian government place the safety of its citizens above the need of some immature young adults to have the permission to fight the patriarchy by harrasing people in the Streets. Oh wait…

gelar
gelar

SFHC: No worries! I should have taken that into account (it’s embarrassingly obvious now, augh.)

Luzbelitx - from my phone
Luzbelitx - from my phone

I’m just back from voting candidates for the majority and minority parties.

I also vote for TROLL in the WHTM polls about You Know Who Said.

I also have yet to read something from him that in fact had to be said.

Luzbelitx - from my phone
Luzbelitx - from my phone

@Auntie Alias

Thanks! Now I have to excercise all of my patience for tonight’s results ????

sunnysombrera

Why is it a bad thing that more people now know Roosh is a rapist?

This. Bullshit at the idea that negative attention was what Roosh wanted. He and his ilk hate being called out on their rapey antics and held accountable, which is what the negative press is doing. As was said, he can’t lure people in when he’s exposed like this. It’s not making his name bigger, it’s attaching it to the label it deserves, which is “hate-mongering rapist”.

GrumpyOldSocialJusticeMangina

I’ve been in a number of demonstrations, and it’s always a problem to maintain discipline to keep from giving your target a reasonable cause to complain. You need to be careful to insult and ridicule without threatening, and if you follow someone you need to not get close enough to make a reasonable person think they might be in danger. The glass of beer was probably a mistake. People who organize demonstrations need to be aware of the possible problems; steps like having official monitors to caution people who are getting out of line, and making sure that demonstraters are aware of the principles of non-violent protest, are policies that often work well.
On the other hand, I think this demo was a good thing. People like Roosh prosper in dark, dank corners like some kind of mold, and bringing them out into the light may not always work but is a good general policy. Undoubtedly there will be a few doodz who hear about him and think he’s cool, but most people (including most men) will be repelled. And making sure that more women are aware of turds like Roosh and his PUA “game” can’t hurt. The legal system failed to get him for his rapes, but making Roosh = rapist in the public eye is worth doing.

weirwoodtreehugger

The beer throwing was a bad idea, but not the negative attention. The press can only mean more women know to stay away from him and anyone who follows him. That’s what I care about. So what if manospherians revel in the attention like the man babies they are? Just imagine how many women would have been saved from Bill Cosby if there weren’t a decades long press blackout about him being a sexual predator?

Snuffy
Snuffy

The negative media attention is warning women to stay away from Roosh and men like him. I care way more about the safety of the women he and his ilk are trying to hurt than worrying about how he feels about the protests.

Funny how the “stop giving him attention, that’s what he wants” troll doesn’t give a shit about helping women avoid the rapist.

Paradoxical Intention

Alan Robertshaw | August 9, 2015 at 11:01 am
Hey, maybe the women were just trying to do him a favour 😉
comment image

If my years of collecting trading cards has taught me anything, it’s that everyone, no matter their gender, loves shiny things.

Weld_el_Phallogos | August 9, 2015 at 12:25 pm

You know, some people on the thread have pointed out that the beer-throwing and the yelling was a bad idea, and I’m going to chime in in agreement on that.

However, what you’re suggesting is we forget about the context of the situation in order to shame the woman and her friends.

Roosh V going to a bar he’s been banned from because he’s an admitted rapist and wants to teach other men how to rape and manipulate and abuse women and getting beer thrown on him and yelled at because of it is vastly different than the scenario you’re describing.

You’re describing men hunting down and harassing a woman because she threw a beer on one of their buddies. The situation that happened is a group of people showing Roosh V, an admitted rapist, that he’s not welcome in their city because of the hate speech he spouts and tries to spout to other men who are vulnerable and will likely try to do these terrible things to women themselves.

You’re trying to say that being a rapist who teaches other men how to rape and threatens women who try to stop him from speaking or call him out on his bullshit with violence or ruining their careers is the same as throwing a beer on someone who is a shitty person. And that’s bullshit.

Without context, what the girl and her friends did wasn’t the best idea, and there were better ways to handle it. But, let’s face it, Roosh doesn’t know the meaning of the word “no”, nor the meaning of the phrases “we don’t want you here” or “go away”.

With context, it couldn’t have happened to a better human being.

sn0rkmaiden

@Sunnysombrera,

his London gig came and went without a murmur. No one really knows or cares about him in the U.K. I think his Berlin gig went equally unnoticed.

I think he will see the protests in Montreal as a victory, because it garnered him lots of attention and for someone like him there’s no such thing as bad publicity. Though in actual fact it will have done him a lot of harm as his vindictive reaction has exposed him to the general public for what he is. He can kiss the mainstream good bye, he’ll only ever be a fringe figure with a dwindling fan base.

In short, he’s machine gunned himself in the foot.

Alan Robertshaw

“Do you want this beer in your face?”

“No”

“Ooh, you tease” *Sploosh*

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

“And they shall know him by…the overpowering scent of beer, and drenched clothing.”