misogyny PUA rape rape culture red pill rhymes with roosh splc

Petition to keep sleazeball PUA Roosh V out of Canada as a disseminator of hate

From the petition page on Change.org
From the petition page on Change.org

There are two more stops on sleazeball PUA and Rape legalization advocate Roosh Valizadeh’s “World Tour,” both in Canada. He’s scheduled talks in Montreal on August 8 and Toronto on the 15th.

Some folks are trying to make sure he doesn’t enter Canada at all, setting up a petition on Change.org demanding that the Canadian government “DENY ‘Roosh V’ Entry to Canada for the purposes of disseminating hate.”

Here’s their basic case:

Roosh V. is coming to Canada specifically for the purposes of violating section 319 of the Canadian Criminal Code, which clearly prohibits gathering and organizing for the purposes of inciting hatred of an identifiable group. The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has identified both Roosh and his website as hate-based, and the hateful misogynistic views that he is coming to Canada to disseminate are likely to breach public peace.

From advocating for the decriminalization of rape to imploring men to sexually abuse women with mental illness to straight up dehumanizing women as an entire group, ‘The Return of Kings’ is part of a hate-scene that has been developing a growing presence on the web. MRA’s and ‘Pick Up Artists’ (PUA’s) alike are attracted to Roosh and his website not only because it, like all hate groups, provides an easy scapegoat to blame all of their problems on, but because it also promises to provide them with an easy guide to sexually abusing women. The most dangerous ideas that Roosh propagates are about what to do with women in the real world: how to treat them, why and how they owe men sex, how to best take full advantage of their fundamental inhumanity. …

As a nation we have already decided that hate speech has no place in Canada. Hate is hate, and it is physically dangerous.  We must ensure that Roosh and his following are not allowed to flourish in the dark corners of our society, for the same reasons that we do not allow white supremacy a legitimate place in Canada.

You can sign the petition here. So far it’s garnered more than 2600 signatures.

And move quickly: Roosh says he’ll be heading to Canada well in advance of his talks there, “staying in Montreal for many weeks to find out whether it’s a good city to visit during the summer, when the European cities empty out and become full of tourists.” Indeed, it’s possible he’s already there, though signing the petition still sends a message or revulsion at his actions and beliefs.

NOTE: The petition refers to Roosh as an MRA, though he doesn’t identify himself as one, which will probably cause numerous MRA heads to explode. It’s worth pointing out that, while Roosh doesn’t seem to care about a number of issues that MRAs purport to care about, his misogynistic ideology is in many key ways almost indistinguishable from many MRAs. Indeed, the main complaint that many MRAs have about PUAs like Roosh is that they are allegedly too enamored of women. Or, as A Voice for Men has repeatedly (and quite inaccurately) put it, that PUA’s are “pussy beggars.”

Wetherby
Wetherby

I haven’t seen Irreversible, but I’m going to go out on a limb and guess he completely missed the point of it.

I have seen Irreversible, and I don’t want to be in the same country – hell, on the same planet – as anyone who found it arousing. To say that this wasn’t Gaspar Noé’s intention would be putting it mildly.

Verily Baroque
Verily Baroque

@Chaltab & Khane’s Mom

Vacation time differs in Europe by country – as far ad I know, for most it’s July and/or August. Southern Europe seems to favor August, while northern parts seem to take their vacation during July.

You are right that most people travel either inside their own country or inside Europe during their vacations. Cities being empty of everyone but tourists in summer is pretty much a running joke in my country.

alaisvex
alaisvex

@Wetherby,

Roosh was actually bragging about how he wasn’t aroused by the scene in Irreversible and how it proved that he didn’t actually love rape because he feels that he should get praise for meeting a minimal standard of decency. (Although for Roosh, that might be a first.) Of course, he then included a complaint about how he couldn’t get off to any rape scenes after that for a couple months.

Both genders have rape fantasies and that’s normal, but there is a definitive test to see if you really love rape or not: watch the movie Irreversible. The nine minute rape scene in that movie is so violent that it disfigures the victim (Monica Belucci) and puts her in a coma. I did not get aroused during that scene, like I normally do when watching rape, so that means I can joke about rape because I’m not really a rapist (sort of like how black comedians can make fun of black people). That movie turned me off from cinematic rape for several months.

But anyway, I’m happy that this petition exists and that Roosh might get banned from Canada.

Anisky

In positive news, I found a word for one of the best smell in the world:

Petrichor, the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil.

I mean that’s awesome. Never knew that was a word.

Are you making your way through Doctor Who? The word “petrichor” and its meaning played a pretty big role in one of the episodes in Series 5.

Anisky

*Series 6, actually.

Anisky

Wait, is he trying to say here that one incident of not being aroused by rape makes him not a rapist? As in, regardless of whether he’s raped in the past, an instance of not being aroused by rape turns him into a not-a-rapist?

@Aniksy

…Do…Do Solas Tumblrs count as Doctor Who?

alaisvex
alaisvex

@Anisky,

Basically.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

So is he on this ‘tour’ hoping for an expanded pool of the ladies in town who will have the unfortunate possibility of needing to use their pepper spray to convince him they are truly uninterested? We should have built a cock-blocking-implementation network.

Posters with this guy’s face and a caption something like Hey girl – if you see this person, keep proximity distance of at least 25 meters, if you cannot correct course and physical contact however brief is made you must report to the nearest HAZMAT decontamination station; verbal interaction not recommended but this method increases in effectiveness as distance from him increases. Drinking alcoholic beverages without proper precautions such as 1.) his photo loaded onto your mobile device for identification in social settings – if you do not have one but do have access to a printer then print off a copy to carry with you until notice is issued on his exit from your country; 2.) accompanied by attack cat/ferrets/nihilists/your Flying Five Finger One Armed Eight Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch skills – at a distance below 25 meter proximity guideline, will increase your risk for lousy conversation and he’s got priors with criminal acts against intoxicated women – share these cock-blocking network tips with female friends/family/neighbors/co-workers to help keep women safe from identified individual(s)!

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

I suspect the best thing to do may just be to get a huge flying wedge of male feminists to form up around him at all times and ruin the “ratios” of any place he goes.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

(That is to say, it may be the best thing to do if Valizadeh can’t be prevented from entering Canada. Obviously first prize would be to bounce him at the airport.)

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Canada is a big country, there are lots of places he might go – who is going to tag him with an RFID?

Wetherby
Wetherby

First time I went to Rome was in August. The mosquitos weren’t on holiday, but everyone else seemed to be. It was such a ghastly experience that I’m surprised I ever went back – but when I did, it was in March, and I’ve rarely known a place come across so differently: it’s now probably my favourite Italian city (which is saying something).

riptyrone

Can you sign if you’re not Canadian?

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Weirdly, when I signed, all the recent signatures were from the UK. The location of the signatures on Change.org doesn’t affect how seriously the Canada-specific petition will be taken, does it?

Wrath of Khan
Wrath of Khan

First time commenting here, but I’m a longtime lurker and enjoy the blog very much. Thanks for bringing this petition to our attention; this sorry little Roosh thing is an abomination to men everywhere. I suspect he hates himself even more than he hates women. I signed the petition. I don’t want him spreading his codswallop in my country!

sn0rkmaiden

I’m surprised no one sought to bar him from London. Searching mainstream media brings up nothing about his time here.

It still cracks me up that six engagements, four of which took place in North America, can be described as a ‘world tour’.

spacelawn

I have a very strong feeling that Roosh and a whole lot of other wankers are gonna call this “censorship” of their ideals (so to speak)

sn0rkmaiden

Yup. I think they’d be disappointed in there wasn’t a petition. I wonder if Roosh would refund the ticket money if he was ‘forced to cancel’?

ikanreed
ikanreed

I’m American and won’t be signing a petition to another country’s government. That seems pretty unethical to me, and I’ve got my standards.

sunnysombrera

Fair enough, ikanreed. I’ll sign it though because I don’t think Roosh should have a platform anywhere.

David N-T
David N-T

Signed, sealed and delivered. I’m thinking of starting a petition to build a catapult so we can fling him over to his side of the border.

marinerachel
marinerachel

Would pay to witness that.

ansuz
ansuz

If there are any Ottawa residents here, this is something to be aware of on the ‘gross PUAs in Canada’ front: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/women-sound-alarm-about-pickup-artist-youtube-site-1.3158314

On Twitter, the hashtags #corneredinottawa and #lukehoward are being used, and there’s a Twitter account, @corneredinOTT, covering things.

(Hi, I lurk quite frequently, and I may have commented here before once or twice over the years.)

David N-T
David N-T

@marinerechel I imagine that it would look something like this:

marinerachel
marinerachel

That is all my dreams come true.

Del34
Del34

He’s going to Montreal!? Omg no, please keep him far away from my city, far far away and that he never set a foot here. I really don’t want to know how many guys here would be ready to hear him. It’s horrifying.

rugbyyogi

Every time I see Roosh V I think “What happened to Rooshes I to IV and was that the best they could do even after four previous attempts?”

Also not signing because I feel this is a matter for Canadians. Plus, and sorry Canadians, but every minute he’s with y’all is a minute he’s out of my home country.

GrumpyOldSocialJusticeMangina

You probably can’t keep him out of Canada, but the petition is a good thing anyway. Anything that shines a light on this cockroach and makes him scurry away is a good thing.

Oh, shit. Well, yes, I must apologize to all cockroaches. My bad.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

The petition has gained some 500 signatures overnight, from the time I saw it last. It’s encouraging.

chaltab
chaltab

Ugh no way, Roosh finds it burdensome to wipe his own ass, so I don’t want to be within nose-shot of him.

Hambeast, Social Justice Road Warrior
Hambeast, Social Justice Road Warrior

I used to be hesitant to sign petitions for other countries (I get LOTS of petitions) but I figure that since you have to give some sort of info on your location/nationality, they can be sorted for relevance if necessary. As a change.org petition, it’s just making your voice/support heard, not a referendum.

It’s my understanding that August is vacation time in Europe. I’ve heard lots of people head out and travel for “holiday” in August, which would leave the cities full of tourists. I can’t swear to the veracity of this, but that is what I’ve understood and I think that is what that comment is referring to.

I was stationed in northern Italy in the 80’s near a beach that was a favorite of German tourists and I can believe this. In July, the beach was swarmed and all the shops were suddenly Italian/German bilingual!

Tool Using Monkey
Tool Using Monkey

*De-Lurk* Just wanted to say as a Canadian I felt I needed to sign this petition. Thanks for letting me know about it.

(And I love this site!)

lightcastle
lightcastle

Signed although Canada won’t respond to a Change.org petition, and especially since he is almost certainly already in my city. The word seems to be getting out though, and lots of Montreal’s reaction from what I can tell has been, “let’s find him and mock him” (ranging from surrounding him with the types of people he doesn’t like to dumping old poutine on him) so hopefully his experience will be miserable.

alaisvex
alaisvex

@lightcastle,

I’m happy to hear that people are at least resorting to mockery. As we saw on Dr. Oz, Roosh can’t handle people who refuse to entertain his bullshit.

idledillettante

Roosh seems to have noticed the petition (which now has 3,500 signatures). On his Twitter and in his private forums, roosh’s already posted his contingency plan if “SJWs” get his event canceled. Apparently if that happens Roosh will release his entire lecture on YouTube at the height of the scandal.

Tee hee. You’d think he’d have learned since Dr Oz that not all publicity is good publicity.

Zeb Berryman
Zeb Berryman

idledillettante: Wait. So his brilliant plan is just to release the
thing he was planing on being payed for, for free?
……Man I sure do hate Bioware games.

raysa
raysa

I signed.

pkayden
pkayden

I grew up close to Toronto and when I read on this website that Roosh was going to Canada, my blood pressure went up. Canada’s free speech laws aren’t as liberal as those in the U.S. so I’m glad to see that Roosh could be banned.

idledillettante

@zeb – yep. Specifically Roosh said:

“My plan is to sell a copy of the lecture after the tour for 10$, but if the SJW mob successfully gets any of my Canada stops cancelled, I will give away copies of the lecture for free at the peak of the media coverage. Thousands of extra people will see the ideas they are trying to censor. No matter what happens, they will lose and we will win. There is nothing they can do to stop us.”

(Source: Roosh V forums, 7/20/15 11:38pm)

It’s funny if it wasn’t so sad. Roosh has many ways already lost. His dissatisfaction with his own life is pretty evident. I don’t envy him at all, trucking hard copies of Day Bang around Canada, trying to make a buck on his lectures.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

@DavidFutrelle

I’m thinking of those tags that transmit data and track wild animals over a set time frame then the scientists go out with the GPS to retrieve it either from the animal which still has it attached or ‘last known coordinates’.

Orion

Ikanreed, I had the same reaction as you did. But then I thought, wait a minute, Amnesty International asks Americans to petition other governments all the time. Usually the Iranian or Saui Arabian Government or something, but but sometimes European governments as well.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

I’m less concerned about whoever he manages to get for an audience since they are presumably adults who can decide whether what he has to say is worth paying for/suffering through, and more concerned about warning those who might be seen as potential victims to attempt a repeat of Iceland with.

If he doesn’t clean his own butt, that’s not only nasty but a threat to public health. Shouldn’t that be important for governments worldwide to prevent from entering their borders to protect their citizens?

porcuspinus
porcuspinus

*shrug* I have no issue at all signing petitions to another country’s government. It strikes me as a very common practice.

Kootiepatra

I think he’s got his needle stuck in the groove of “Anything that happens actually means that I win”, though.

People paid money and came to the seminar? I win! People boycotted the seminar? I must have struck a nerve, so I win! I got barred from the country I wanted to speak in? Woo, I can call myself a martyr now, so I win! People react with revulsion to me on national/international media? I am angering the gynocracy, so I win!

But there’s a pretty big difference between not being able to lose, and just not being willing to admit that anything was a failure.

Sandra Goodick

As a Canadian, I signed for 2 reasons:

1. I don’t support hate speech.
2. I don’t support the Temporary Foreign Workers Program. We have plenty of unemployed, hateful SOBs in Canada who could take this job.

Hypatia
Hypatia

Yes, Roosh already has a genious plan for revenge if his lectures really get cancelled. I knew he would whine about evil speech-censoring SJWs if he saw the petition. I usually am for free speech and this might be an inconsistent attitude to hold, but I am also all for banning this bastard out of as many countries as possible. Nobody needs him to spread hatred towards half of the human population and apocalyptic predictions on the future of the West.

Here are things he talks about in the lectures, according to tour’s official website:
The paradox of modern women
11 problems that Western culture is facing today
How to mentally approach living in a degenerate world
An examination of three different time periods men faced in the past
What today’s man has gained and lost compared to his ancestors
The unique sacrifice that modern men have to make that historical men didn’t
How women are creating a generation of men who are eager to drop out
How to construct a win-win lifestyle where you come out on top no matter what
7 tips on how to meet women and experience intimacy in 2015
Examination of the sustainability of game for men who aim to use it for the long term
The overall benefits we can expect from women in the pursuit of relationships with them
The two things that will allow you to enjoy life to the fullest
One important need that all men require in life
Three mental processes to use when you’re feeling beaten and hopeless

So apparently, aside from being a misogynistic douchebag, he is also a sociologist, psychologist, psychiatrist, historian and a life-coach. Excellent.

If he really gets banned from Canada and accomplishes his revenge plan, I assume the ideas will only reach his usual audience. Even if it reaches outside of his usual audience of worshipers, I think most people wouldn’t agree with or accept his hateful idiocy

Ellesar
Ellesar

Hypatia – I think that Roosh is trying to cast his net into all the corners of misogyny as a money making scheme, just like Elam offering Skype counselling and the like. The fact that they are clearly ill equipped and non qualified shouldn’t get in the way! And they call women parasites!

Candice Heyward-Spence

“I wont sign cause another country and I have morals!!!11! -” That don’t include morals about womens treatment.

But whatever – signing because as an Australian I signed to have that piece of excretment J. Blanc from being able to do his crap here in Australia – we kicked his ass, Fight Canada. Fight… Shame the men and boys that pay to listen to men like this.