antifeminism empathy deficit entitled babies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny rape rape culture reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh

Repellant pickup artist Roosh V is giving a talk in New York tomorrow. Here’s what to expect.

Deep Dream captures the real Roosh
Deep Dream captures the real Roosh

Roosh Valizadeh — the racist, woman-hating, fat-shaming pickup artist and rape legalization proponent — is trying to reinvent himself as a philosopher of sorts, a man with unique insights into the perils of masculinity in “a degenerate world.” He seems undaunted by the fact that his unique insights are neither unique nor, well, insights; he’s little more than a regurgitator of a lot of old, bad ideas, and a not-very-competent regurgitator at that. If he were a mother bird, his chicks would all die.

Part of Roosh’s attempted reinvention is a “world” lecture tour this summer that started in Berlin in late June and that will, barring mishaps, end in Toronto in mid-August.

Tomorrow, he’s making an appearance in Manhattan, where he will be making a canned speech on “The State Of Man” followed by several hours of Q&A and mingling with his fans. Or at least that portion of his fans who have managed to stay awake through 40 minutes of Roosh droning on in his characteristic monotone.

On his “Roosh World Tour” website, Roosh highlights some of the topics he addresses in his speech, including

• “How to mentally approach living in a degenerate world”
  • “An examination of three different time periods men faced in the past”
  • “The overall benefits we can expect from women in the pursuit of relationships with them”
  • “One important need that all men require in life”

Based on the portion of Roosh’s oeuvre that I have managed to force myself to read, I’m going to guess that this “need that all men require” — isn’t a “need” by definition something that is required? — is women touching their boners (no fatties). Or something else equally stupid. Honestly, I don’t care. I feel a bit sorry for any man pathetic enough to pay the $47-$59 he is charging for his “4-hour event.”

Roosh is keeping the exact location of the event secret until the last minute “to prevent unattractive feminists from petitioning the event,” as he puts it on his reservations page.

Roosh’s so-called World Tour is only hitting 4 countries in total. One country he is not visiting: Iceland.

Why might this be? Well, the last time he went to Iceland, Roosh convinced a woman who’d lost her phone and been abandoned by her friends after a night of drinking in a Reykjavik bar to come to his apartment. Then this happened, as he himself tells the story in his Bang Iceland eBook:

I hooked her arm and off we went. … There had to be a moment when she realized that all her friends are gone and the only reasonable option left was to go home with a strange man she had just met.

While walking to my place, I realized how drunk she was. In America, having sex with her would have been rape, since she couldn’t legally give her consent. It didn’t help matters that I was relatively sober, but I can’t say I cared or even hesitated.

I won’t rationalize my actions, but having sex is what I do. If a girl is willing to walk home with me, she’s going to get the dick no matter how much she has drunk. I’ll protect myself by using a condom (most of the time), but I know that when it comes to sex, one ounce of hesitation or a feeling of morality will get me nothing.

Quotes his, emphasis mine.

This isn’t philosophy. It’s not even pickup “artistry.” It’s just what rapists do.

EDIT: A few tweaks and a fixed typo in the headline; added the bit about the “secret” venue.

Olive O'Sudden
Olive O'Sudden

We have hate speech legislation in our fine country, and there’s a petition against Roosh V. arguing that what he engages in is hate speech and should be barred from entry: https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-canada-deny-roosh-v-entry-to-canada-for-the-purposes-of-disseminating-hate?recruiter=345701908&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

@GrumpyOldSocialJusticeMangina
“As a circumcised male, this is one of the few times I get to mansplain without any feeling of guilt. Circumcision is not a big deal.”
This is something that you only get to say about yourself, not about anyone else. That’s what bodily autonomy means.
As for you being happy with being mutilated as a child, it’s human nature that people often justify abusive things that were done to them as kids, then inflect them on their own children. Eg; “Of cpourse I beat my kids! – I was whipped with a belt as a kid, & it didn’t do me any harm!”
You might be interested to know that most circumcised women are proud of being circumcised, & adamant that their own daughters be ‘circumcised’. This is one of the big reasons why governments are finding it so impossible to stamp out FGM in countries where it’s the norm.

For the rest of you with circumcised kids, I don’t blame you for being conned into making a mistake by the very powerful & dishonest pro-circumcision lobby, as long as you acknowledge that it was a mistake, & don’t try to justify it.

*randallr
“I like Roosh.”
I bet your cat’s breath smells like cat food too.

@estraven
“An infant cannot agree to vaccination or to a life-saving surgery, either.”

Those are time-critical life or death interventions, circumcision isn’t.

“The culture was different then and among the people I knew circumcision was the norm.”

That was once true of foot-binding, but while it makes it understandable, it doesn’t make it acceptable.

contrapangloss

Because occasionally there is.

It’s super rare, but can happen.

@contrapangloss
“Hey, Nop? I’ll agree with you that most circumcisions in the US are probably not medically necessary. Please, please, please don’t pretend that there is never a valid medical reason, though. Because occasionally there is.”

There are sometimes valid medical reasons to amputate a child’s leg too, but only a monster would do it as a prophylactic measure.

“For some people, circumcision can stop strings of painful infections that increase their risks of cancer and renal failure.”

And the name of this life-threatening condition that I’ve never heard of would be…?
To put it less sarcastically, it sounds like you’re talking about ordinary UTIs, which are indeed common in kids, but easily treated with antibiotics, & can be better minimised with good hygiene. Interestingly enough, UTIs are about twice as common in little girls as in uncircumcised little boys, & yet nobody in their right mind would suggest that we routinely perform surgery on the genitals of little girls to prevent it.

(And again, I’ll point out that I’m not blaming parents who let their kid[s] be mutilated because they didn’t know any better at the time, just those who keep on trying to justify the practice.)

contrapangloss

Nop, I was actually referring to a specific case, of a friend’s son who is disabled and unable to provide that basic hygiene for himself. His father did his best for years.

He wasn’t circumcised until 16. No, he was not able to make that decision for himself. His father made that call.

His quality of life has significantly improved in the year since the procedure. His father, in hindsight, feels like he should have agreed to let it happen years ago.

As I said, situations like that are rare.

I’m in complete agreement with you that it is not something parents should ever decide to do lightly.

Robjec
Robjec

Hey Nop
I was abused as a child. One of my parents had mental issues that were treated and since treatment starred it has never been repeated.

The circumcision was not abuse. And you have no right to say that something my parents did in their best efforts to provide and care for me was abuse. So don’t you dare say that again. When someone is doing their best for their child you have no right to declare it abuse.

marinerachel
marinerachel

Just because people are trying their best and think they’re doing the right thing doesn’t mean they’re not in actuality committing abuse. I hear that shit from people who smack their kids around. They sincerely believe it’s in the kid’s best interests. Guess what. Still abuse!

Robjec
Robjec

I’m just going to leave this conversation alone. I don’t want to get into a spanking debate here. I’m sorry I brought it up and I’m satisfied that most people will consult their doctors at the proper time and not judge others based on what they did.
I also be love pi had good intentions in the comment I originally replied to.
But this discussion has become to toxic and I think it’s best if it is just left alone for now.

Bina
Bina

Back to the topic: Any word on how Roosh’s little drone-fest went? Inquiring minds, etc.

ColeYote
ColeYote

So apparently we can add “actual fucking rapist” to Roosh’s titles.

Sofia van der Linde

Roosh V, admitted rapist

Sofia van der Linde

Some food for thought for the defensive US parents in this discussion

When my Dad was a child, it was normal to have children’s tonsils clipped while the child was conscious and completely unsedated.

Back then people believed small children felt no pain or less pain than adults. My father told his parents several times this hurt in the extreme, but this was laughed off. Doctors said it was okay so they did this to him several times.

My grandparents did not mean to be abusive. They simply complied with what the doctors told them and what their peers did.

However, my father was horribly traumatised as a result. He never fully trusted doctors again. He certainly considered what happened to him abuse. So when I got tonsillitis he made sure I got antibiotics. I grew out of it and was ill less often than my peers anyway. I have my tonsils to this day.

My Dad never gave me the feeling his parents were monsters, but he did make it very clear they made some mistakes and that he got hurt as a result. He did his best not to repeat their mistakes. He never felt that just because certain things had happened to him, it should therefore happen to his children.

Ellesar
Ellesar

I saw someone in the street today that looked EXACTLY like Roosh! Age, build, hairstyle, facial hair, honestly, I have only seen a few photo’s ,but I swear it.

However: I am not in New York, AND he smiled and said hello (we both had dogs with us. I know this cannot be Roosh if he said hello to me, as I am fat, 50, have grey hair and tattoos. Roosh wouldn’t even piss on me if I was on fire.

So, there is a man who is a doppelganger of Roosh, but is also a dog lover and is smiley and friendly to people he is not trying to ‘bang’. And he looked like he had excellent personal hygiene. Talk about Bizarro World!

Orion

Not only is truth an absolute defense against libel/slander in the US, it follows the civil burden of proof, which means that the defense only have to show that there’s a 51% chance the statements are true.

Bina
Bina

I’m going to guess that this guy’s track record with women is markedly better than Roosh’s, too.

Had To Be Said
Had To Be Said

Write-ups and video of NYC event from the Rooshians. No big news, no protests.

According to Roosh, so far attendance on the tour:

BERLIN — 38. One woman (journalist).

LONDON — 66.

D.C. — 75.

NYC — 100. One woman.

Orion

As Roosh pointed out; It was no coincidence that, on the day that the US Supreme Court legalizes Gay Marriage, the Whitehouse is lit-up with rainbow colored lights!

Well, no. I don’t suppose it was.

@Orion

Wait, wait, wait. Someone actually fucking said that?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

It was no coincidence that on the day it rained, the ground was wet!

marinerachel
marinerachel

100 people? Lolololol.

@Robjec
“I was abused as a child.”
So was I.

“One of my parents had mental issues that were treated and since treatment starred it has never been repeated.”
I wish I could say the same.

“The circumcision was not abuse.”
Mutilating a child’s genitalia without a solid medical reason is almost the definition of abuse.

” And you have no right to say that something my parents did in their best efforts to provide and care for me was abuse. So don’t you dare say that again. When someone is doing their best for their child you have no right to declare it abuse.”
The authors & readers of “To train up a child” think they’re “doing their best for their child”.
Do you agree with them?

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

In the Roosh V forum thread on this tour, the conversation briefly drifted to a Change.org petition that Canadian feminists had posted to attempt to ban Valizadeh from entering Canada.

The following responses are particularly funny:

Truth Teller:
You have to love how ridiculously unaware of Roosh these people actually are. He can correct me if he’s wrong, but Roosh has been pretty consistently anti-MRA. The crazy feminists and the MRAs are two sides of the same coin. Perpetual victims who think that the government has to save them from all their woes.

Wutang:
Remember these are the same people who drew the conclusion that because Elliot Rodger posted on a forum that was explicitly anti-PUA and goes against pretty much every concept that we advocate here, he must have been a PUA.

Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.

weirwoodtreehugger

Nop,

If you care so much about bodily integrity and autonomy, maybe implying that someone’s body is broken and damaged is not the way to go. You don’t get to dictate how somebody feels about either their bodies or their parents.

Bina
Bina

Well, duh. When an estimated 10% of US citizens are finally granted rights equal to those of the other estimated 90, and the country as a whole pulls up alongside where Canada was ten years ago, that’s kind of a momentous occasion, dude.

Truth Teller:

Actually, what I love is how ridiculously unaware Roosh’s little ass-barnacles are of, well, just about everything. If they knew anything about feminists (OR MRAs), they’d realize that no, we’re not two sides of the same coin with those fuckheads — MRAs and PUAs are. Because both have placed themselves in direct antagonism to women, while feminists are not against men, but against sexism. (Men ≠ sexism, fucktrucks.)

And I do hate to pour cold water on ya (well, actually, NO — I quite enjoy taking the wind out of PUAs), but dude, feminists aren’t looking for government to save us from our woes. We recognize that to a large extent, governments over the centuries have propped up our woes — by depriving us of basic rights and legal redress. Some of our most protracted battles have been with governments that refuse to recognize that women have a right to be something other than sex toys or chattel. We’re not looking for government to rescue us — we’re looking to become the government, so that we can finally fix this shit and get some real autonomy.

Wutang:

Well, duh again. Elliot Rodger went on PUAhate (now Sluthate) because he was a PUA who’d failed dismally in his attempts. As all PUAs must, because their whole “philosophy” is shit. He was for it before he was “against” it, but what he was against, most of all, was women’s right to refuse. Which is, incidentally, the same thing PUAs oppose.

By their fruits shall we know them, dude.

@weirwoodtreehugger
“You’re way out of line. Cut it out. When you’ve labeled most American parents and most Jewish and Muslim parents globally, child abusers, perhaps you’ve gone just a touch too far.”

I’m not doing that. I’ve said multiple times that I don’t think that parents who didn’t know any better are guilty of abuse; I’m saying that such parents are enabling further abuse when they try to justify what they did, as so many parents do.

“If you care so much about bodily integrity and autonomy, maybe implying that someone’s body is broken and damaged is not the way to go.”

In what way have I done that? If I have, I certainly didn’t intend to, & would appreciate being corrected.

“You don’t get to dictate how somebody feels about either their bodies or their parents.”

I don’t believe that I’ve done that either. If you believe that I have, I’d appreciate an instance being pointed out to me.

contrapangloss

…Nop, your tone has been very sarcastic and derisive. For instance, when I politely asked you to please try to tone down the “all circumcisions bad” and acknowledge that they can be medically necessary, you posted very sarcastically and questioned my knowledge of the subject.

Since I elaborated *which I really would have rather not have had to do, but felt pressed to by your comment), you started adding “medically necessary”. I appreciate that. Still, your tone remains very… strident and pretty absolute.

Some commenters have felt like they had to justify their own circumcision to you. Your use of saying “I don’t blame you for being conned by a very powerful and pro-circumcision lobby” puts them in the corner of either feeling like they have to admit that either their parents were weak-willed or ignorant (and thus free of your blame) or that their parents were abusive for making that decision, even if it was the result of the best medical knowledge of their time.

Medical knowledge changes a lot. Seriously. Do some reading into how fast CPR is changing and the newer emphasis on compressions over airway (for single rescuer sometimes even forgoing airway completely for the first 5 minutes) in ‘high performance CPR’, which has increased save rates in the US.

That’s not saying that medical practices of 10 years ago were really the best possible, but it was the best they knew.

“mutilated genitals” is super powerful imagery, and in effect, you’re saying that people who are in the commentariat and are circumcised are ‘mutilated’, and thus broken, or deficient. Mutilation gives the impression it isn’t something that they should ever be okay with, because they are mutilated. It gives the impression that no one who is circumcised should ever be able to find peace with their body, and if they aren’t disturbed by being mutilated there must be something wrong with them.

I’m off to check in on new comment policy and then to bed…

@contrapangloss

First off, I want to thank you for being kind enough to take me at my word, & explain your thoughts. I really do appreciate it. 🙂

“…Nop, your tone has been very sarcastic and derisive.”

That’s true. It’s a topic that I feel very strongly about. One of the things I hate most about the MRA assholes is that they’ve effectively poisoned the well when it comes to debating the genuine abuses that are particular to men & boys, such that – quite understandably – feminists have a knee-jerk “whataboutthemenz?” reaction to the topic.

“Even though you didn’t at the time know the circumstances, your immediate response of “only a monster would do it as a prophylactic measure” essentially called my friend a monster, when really he did more harm by trying so hard to avoid circumcision for so long, and he feels guilty for that harm.”

Your friend did something that was obviously medically necessary, under the circumstances, & I didn’t intend to say (or even imply) otherwise. Sometimes, things like that can’t be helped.

“Since I elaborated *which I really would have rather not have had to do, but felt pressed to by your comment), you started adding “medically necessary”. I appreciate that.”

You may not have seen that I added that same caveat to previous comments.

“Still, your tone remains very… strident and pretty absolute.”

It does. I feel very strongly about child abuse, & absent a medical emergency, genital mutilation of children is child-abuse.

“Some commenters have felt like they had to justify their own circumcision to you.”

If they are referring to their own genitals being mutilated, then I really hope they didn’t get that feeling from me. If they’re referring to having their children’s genitals mutilated, then I’m sorry, but I’m not going to try & make them feel okay with it, especially as people have made comments stating that “it’s the parent’s choice” when it very much shouldn’t be.
Again, it’s forgivable when the parent concerned didn’t know any better at the time.

“Also, you use very powerful language. For instance, you’ve referred to circumcised boys as being ‘mutilated’ multiple times. Even though you might be referring to strictly non-necessary procedures, you don’t state that and instead worded it as a blanket statement for all circumcisions.”

Genital mutilation is what it is, whether for girls or boys. Calling it anything less is super offensive to anyone who’s been abused that way.

““mutilated genitals” is super powerful imagery, and in effect, you’re saying that people who are in the commentariat and are circumcised are ‘mutilated’, and thus broken, or deficient.”

They are. They may well have come to terms with it – as African women who’ve undergone FGM have had to – & really, what other choice does a victim of abuse have? – but the fact is that their genitals have been mutilated, & calling it something else is dishonest.

“I don’t think you’re posting with bad intentions. I really don’t. But the way this discussion is going down is not… super helpful. I really don’t think you’re trying to be abrasive and harmful, but that’s kind of how you’re coming off.”

I can be an extremely abrasive person, particularly when I feel that people are trying to minimise or justify child-abuse. This can absolutely be a fault of mine, & unproductive at times, but on balance it seems to work out well enough that it’s not something that I wish to change.

“Hopefully that helps? I tried to give specific words and phrases, and explain their impact, but I’m not quite at my peak. It’s been a long day, and I have to wake up soon.”

It really does, & I appreciate you taking the trouble. Thank you again!

1 3 4 5