a voice for men antifeminism attention seeking crackpottery Dean Esmay doubling down douchebaggery drama kings empathy deficit entitled babies imaginary russian friends mantrum men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats not-quite-plausible deniability straw feminists the c-word whaaaaa?

MRA Dean Esmay stunned that hurling obscenities at feminists does not cause them to take him seriously

Dean Esmay: One fingered typist?
Dean Esmay: One fingered typist?

It’s a day ending in “y” and “Men’s Human Rights Activist” Dean Esmay is spamming another hashtag on Twitter with belligerent and nonsensical Tweets directed at some imaginary feminist living in his head.

Wait, these were Tweeted yesterday, not today. Let me check something.

Yes, Thursday is also a day ending in “y,” so let’s continue.

It seems Mr Esmay is angry that his propensity for calling women “cunts” and other gendered slurs sometimes causes people to take his alleged ideas less seriously. (Click on screenshots to see archived versions of each Tweet.)

det1

det2

Er, laterally?

of or relating to the side; situated at, proceeding from, or directed to a side: a lateral view. 2. pertaining to or entailing a position, office, etc., that is different but equivalent or roughly equivalent in status, as distinguished from a promotion or demotion: a lateral move. Laterally | Define Laterally at Dictionary.com dictionary.reference.com/browse/laterallyDictionary.com

Oh, wait, I think he meant “literally.” Which leads me to my next question:

Er, literally?

Men are literally being set on fire for saying the word “cunt?” Where exactly?

Esmay, naturally, provides no citation for this claim.

Then, literally two minutes later, he literally followed up these two “cunt” tweets with this:

det3

Philogyny, by the way, is not some term you’ve forgotten from biology class; it means love or admiration of women, the opposite of misogyny.

It’s sort of a weird thing to bring up immediately after defiantly asserting your right to call women, or feminist women (or whoever Esmay is talking about) “cunts.”

It’s even weirder when you consider that Esmay’s very next tweet is this “warning”/veiled threat to feminists/women/whoever that men even worse than Esmay are waiting in the wings, eager to attack feminists/women/whoever even more viciously.

det4

“Penetrate” is an interesting choice of words in this context, no?

Also, I regret to have to inform Mr. Esmay that the “way more extreme” men aren’t actually “way more extreme” than he is. Nor are they waiting for Esmay to fail, or indeed waiting for anything; they are already attacking women energetically, sometimes rhetorically, sometimes physically.

After a couple more Tweets along similar lines to those previously quoted, Esmay channeled his inner angry teenager and declared

det5

I can’t help but finish Tweets like this in my mind with “… MOM!” and the sound of a bedroom door slamming.

Several minutes and several angry Tweets later, Esmay posted … this:

det7

I’ll just end this post here, because WAT.

I bring you these Tweets not because they are the worst things that Esmay — or any other MRA — has said. I bring them to you because they are in fact rather typical for Esmay, who Tweets dozens and perhaps even hundreds of Tweets much like this every day.

Esmay — the “Chief Operating Officer” of A Voice for Men — is one of the highest profile Men’s Rights Activists online. (Oh, sorry, Men’s Human Rights Activists”) online. This is what he does all day, every day, attacking imaginary feminists for the benefit of his mostly imaginary followers.

Alice Sanguinaria

To whom is he directing these to, is the question of the ages. I imagine her given name is “Straw” and family name “Feminist”, but I can’t honestly be sure of that.

Paradoxical Intention

– Claims that men love women, and don’t hate them.

– Calls women narcissistic cunts

– Claims that women are being irrational about being called cunts by rando dudes on the internet

– Vague tweets

– Wonders why women don’t listen to him

– ???

– Beg for donations!

Tanya

Alice, Well, there’s that one lady, that one time, who said she has learned to hate all men. so really, it’s so obvious that non-ladies (cause we don’t call c-worders, ladies) who just hate men are everywhere. Cause reasons. And “so there!”

freemage

Wow. Just wow. He’s a bottomless well of self-lampooning, isn’t he?

runsinbackground
runsinbackground

I think that in that last tweet Esmay is referring to The Fall in the apocalyptic sense, not the season.

Fnarf

Head injury? Tumor pressing on the amygdala?

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Whenever a misogynist claims to love women and be misunderstood and harassed by them, I am always reminded of the following speech.

Ladies and gentlemen, I accept the flowers as a memento of reconciliation between the white and colored races of the southern states. I accept it more particularly as it comes from a colored lady, for if there is any one on God’s earth who loves the ladies I believe it is myself.

[Snip]

This day is a day that is proud to me, having occupied the position that I did for the past twelve years, and been misunderstood by your race. This is the first opportunity I have had during that time to say that I am your friend. I am here a representative of the southern people, one more slandered and maligned than any man in the nation.

– Nathan Bedford Forrest, 6 July 1875.

Tyra Lith
Tyra Lith

Much professional. Very human rights. Wow.

Miss Diketon
Miss Diketon

Well he got one thing right, “what I say doesn’t matter,” he should have stopped right there.
Does anybody take a Twitter meltdown seriously?

Moggie
Moggie

He tries so very hard to be scary. Like one of those yappy little dogs.

sunnysombrera

Good lord how he’s getting irrational. One day he’ll be afraid to open his own closet in case he finds a SJW feminist lying in wait to accuse him of rape.

sn0rkmaiden

@I’ll bet he’s wary about getting into elevators in case a woman steps in.

Did he ever get his tooth fixed?

Viscaria
Viscaria

Ah, anticipating Autumn. Classic feminist behaviour, amirite? #ImLaterallyRite

weirwoodtreehugger

Fail to penetrate? Nice job at the subtle rape threat, Dean. No one could ever figure that one out!

Johanna Roberts

One day, this man may say something that makes sense. When he does… it will be a total accident.

I think he needs to take a little break from the interent. And by “little” I mean “permanently” and by “interent”, I mean “internet” because I’m a bad speller.

Thank you spellcheck! You are an unsung hero. <3

Ellesar
Ellesar

I thought that Esmay’s reference to a ‘failure to penetrate’ was a subconscious desire to tell all about his erectile dysfunction, or lack of luck with the ladeez. But yes, the growing packs of men waiting for Esmays failure are horribly rapey sounding. Sounds like an extreme cuckolding video, at best.

Lea
Lea

Gangs of killer men?
Penetrate?
Fall?

If you’re making badly veiled rape and death threats, hurling slurs and hoping for the downfall of civilization you might just be the baddie.

Speaking of the “Fall”, how does the fall of civilization help men and boys? Won’t they be dying of illness, starvation, murder and unsafe roads and vocations along with the ebil wimmenz? Does he think roving bands of post apocalyptic rapists and murderers are really good for men and boys? For that matter, how does raping and murdering women help men and boys get a better social safety net? What exactly protects men and boys from the gangs of angry men? Their brotherly love?

No feminist anywhere is setting men on fire, through AVFM has encouraged them emulate a man who set himself on fire. WTF?

Tracy
Tracy

Just… huh? Is this an extended Twitter meltdown, or is he desperately trying to get a hashtag, any hashtag, to trend?

Funkula
Funkula

Ontogyny recapitulates philogyny.

Lea
Lea

Dean dreaming of how wonderful the apocalypse will be for men and boys sort of reminds me of someone.

Seriously, can’t you just hear him screaming in giddy delight, “He looked at me!”?

opium4themasses

@Lea He had the self-awareness which Dean apparently doesn’t. Here’s hoping Jordan Owen tracks that character arc, except for the suicide of course.

Really though, who the hell is Dean talking to?

Catalpa
Catalpa

Nux deserves better than to be compared to Dean Esmay. But yes, the irrational, violent, toxic masculinity and wilful blindness of the war boys does remind me of the MRAs.

jy3
jy3

David, did you run the image at the top through Deep Dream or something?

If we need to do an intervention, I can bring the hamster ball.

Flint
Flint

“Speaking of the “Fall”, how does the fall of civilization help men and boys? Won’t they be dying of illness, starvation, murder and unsafe roads and vocations along with the ebil wimmenz?”

It’s the Atlas Shrugged effect. The idea is that we need them more than they need us. Should they get pissed at even the slightest offense, imagined or real, then they will drop out of society and let it fall, and swoop in to reclaim it once they think their enemies no longer pose a threat. Of course, this shows that they don’t really give a shit about the problems men face, once again, imagined or real.

weirwoodtreehugger

Flint,
It’s funny, because in my experience, it’s the other way around. Women do all right on their own when their husbands die, while widowed men fall apart on their own or remarry right away. I saw it all the time when I worked with veterans. When my parents divorced, it was my dad who has been constantly in relationships. My mom has been single with no desire to remarry or cohabitate.

Flint
Flint

@WWTH:
I think that’s the real problem with trying to pull a John Galt. There’s always the possibility that the people (or “moochers”, as Ayn Rand put it) would become just as self-sufficient as the people who dropped out of society and no longer need their help of others – or in some cases, managed to do fine without help in the first place. In fact, I think Rand had Galt and his gang deliberately sabotage and destroy society in Atlas.

Flint
Flint

“In fact, I think [that’s why] Rand had Galt and his gang deliberately sabotage and destroy society in Atlas.”

Crap, I messed up that part. Sorry.

Lea
Lea

Catalpa,
True. He does deserve better.

He looks forward to the fall of civilization because he measures men doing well entirely by the metric of doing better than women, so if he assumes men will survive the apocalypse better than women, then from his perspective it’s a net positive.

It’s like conservatives who are willing to cut social programs that benefit them because they also benefit black people or poor people or immigrants. The important thing isn’t that your quality of life is good, it’s that someone else’s quality of life is worse.

brooked
brooked

I feel inadequate as a feminist because not only have I never laterally burned a man, I don’t even know how to laterally burn a person.

Flint
Flint

@katz: There’s also the spite. The red-pillers are so concerned about getting revenge against the feminists that the very concerns they’re voicing – censorship, false rape accusations, divorce outcomes, increased suicide rates of men, male victims of domestic abuse, etc. – can just be thrown under the bus, as far as they’re concerned, so long as the feminazis are on their knees, begging for forgiveness.

cupisnique

I think you laterally burn someone by slow roasting them over an open fire

epitome of incomprehensibility

“Growing packs of men sick of your narcissistic shit way more extreme then me…” Two words, Dean: misplaced modifier.

It sounds as if you’re saying that “way more extreme than you” applies to “narcissistic shit,” not the packs of men. Granted, it doesn’t make your message any less coherent, but misplaced modifiers are dangerous things:

msexceptiontotherule

Does it make me a bad person to admit that I wish we had more grammar nazis in our lives?

That ending was rather unexpected, but appropriate just the same.

cretaceouskitteh78
cretaceouskitteh78

Yeah I bet failing to penetrate is a regular feature of his life. Poor guy. He doesn’t even know he’s pathetic. The MRM convinced him that being a middle-aged failure is the epitome of success. He really stuck it to those feminist by not playing their “do something with your life besides being an unwashed, jowley asshole” game!

Bina
Bina

Head injury? Tumor pressing on the amygdala?

Nah. Head up rectum. Cranium pressing on the prostate.

Elaine
Elaine

I think Dean needs a Binky and blankie.

Bina
Bina

Shorter Deano: I CALLED YOU A CUNT. Y U NO FEAR ME???

kylagb

“Dozens, perhaps even hundreds of tweets per day” kind of says it all about Dean Esmay. Yup, I’m REAL envious of his rich and meaningful life.

emilywils

And here I was, thinking he literally meant “laterally,” as in men being burned laterally in some cases is worse than men being burned upright.

leftwingfox

@Lea:

“I FAIL! I WHINE! I FAIL AGAIN!”

Josh Miller
Josh Miller

And watch, Dean Esmay will claim David “misrepresented and lied” about him with the “failed to penetrate” line.

Isn’t that the line they use with David? He’s a liar and he takes things out of context? Feminists are all man-haters who think all men are rapists? But when Boss MRA makes a lame attempt at stirring up controversy, it’s feminists who are hysterical instigators.

“Failed to penetrate” is clearly meant to imply, and we are obviously supposed to infer. But no, Dean, no one is going to misquote you with “I will rape feminists.” We know you’re just stirring the shit-pot. It’s still a nasty thing to say.

And no, feminists do not encourage censorship and suppression of 1st Amendment rights. However, just because you have freedom of speech, responsible/reasonable people understand that sometimes it pays to censor yourself out of a sense of common human decency. You CAN say “Women are w****s/blacks are n*****s/gay people are f*****s, but with great power comes great responsibility.

In other words. shut the hell up. You’re making us men look like jack****s” and giving us a bad name: “Dean Esmay.”

Paradoxical Intention

Josh Miller | July 18, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Yup. David includes links to their site, and quotes MASSIVE paragraphs of what they say, and yet the MRAs shriek “CONTEXT!” forevermore.

But the MRA, sitting lonely on the computer chair, typed only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered- not a jimmy then he rustled-
Till I scarcely more than muttered, “Other trolls have flown before-
On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before.”
Then the MRA said, “CONTEXT.”

leftwingfox

Ah, the fallacious fallacy fallacy. As long as I claim you’ve used a logical fallacy, I don’t have to pay attention to your argument. Favorite fallacies to claim include “Strawman” (You didn’t use the exact words I said), “Ad hom” (You said a rude word somewhere), and “context” (I said other things than just the terrible one).

entendante
entendante

@Paradoxical Intention –

I’m just a lurker here, and a newish one at that, but on the strength of that comment alone, you’ve captured my heart.

(And buried it under the floorboards, obviously.)

Eryn E (@ErynEthan)

Why don’t the MRA men hook up with the MRA women and go live happily ever after? Seriously, no fear of false rape accusations, no SJWisms, no fear of the woman running of with the kids/money, no fear of their sons being circumcised by feminists, . OMFG, I think I solved most of their problems.

Ellesar
Ellesar

Eryn E – nice idea, but the problem that these guys have (amongst many) is not feminist as such. They just really hate women. They do project a fantasy of ‘traditional’ women, but even amongst anti feminist women it is presumably pretty difficult to find a woman happy to subjugate herself to the will and whims of a man who is prepared to give so little.

Plus, not all trad women are 8+HBs, completely financially independent and yet not in any way taking anything from men due to their position in the workplace, not vain AT ALL, but still always looking absolutely perfectly groomed for ‘her man’, etc etc ad nauseam….

Paradoxical Intention

entendante | July 18, 2015 at 9:08 pm
@Paradoxical Intention –

(And buried it under the floorboards, obviously.)

I did no such thing and you can’t prove that I did how very dare you we all know you went on holiday to France indefinitely and no I don’t know when they’ll be back officer. [shifty eyes]

But seriously, thank you, that comment made my day. Bless your face.