4chan anti-Semitism antifeminism cultural marxism empathy deficit entitled babies evil SJWs grandiosity imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever none dare call it conspiracy playing the victim racism reactionary bullshit red pill that's completely wrong transphobia

Who’s Afraid of Cultural Marxism? Nazis, mostly, as this roundup of terrible “memes” reveals

How the opponents of so-called Cultural Marxism see the world
How the opponents of so-called Cultural Marxism see the world

Every once in a while, a hostile commenter wanders into the discussion here nattering about the evils of “Cultural Marxism.” One stopped by last night, prompting another commenter to ask what exactly this Cultural Marxism was, anyway.

I responded by saying the term essentially meant, at least to most of those using it, “the Evil Jews But We’ve Learned We Can’t Just Say That Publicly Outside of 4chan and Stormfront Without People Realizing We’re Basically Nazis.”

Oh, sure, once upon a time “cultural Marxism” was indeed a school of Marxist thought dealing with, you guessed it, culture. But in recent years the term has become a popular buzzword amongst neo-Nazis and other proud bigots on the far right, who use it to suggest a vast Jewish conspiracy against Western Civilization and the white race … without having to use the J-word, which tends to give their anti-Semitic game away.

But it’s not as if the opponents of “Cultural Marxism” go to great lengths to hide their racism and anti-Semitism. Indeed, a quick look at some of the “memes” and other graphics used by the Cultural Marxism-haters makes pretty clear where they’re coming from.

So here are some of the most, well, revealing images that popped up when I did a quick image search for “Cultural Marxism.” I’ve done this a couple of times before, but I felt it was time for a refresher, just a little reminder how many of the opponents of “Cultural Marxism” actually see the world.

CONTENT WARNING: All the bigotries you can imagine, and then some.

cm1 cm2 cm3

cm6

cm7

cm9

cm11

cm14

cm15

cm13

The last one is especially charming: don’t believe YOUR conspiracy theory, believe MINE.

Oh, and if these people start bringing up The Frankfurt School, well, it’s not because they’re interested in discussing the theories of actual cultural Marxists like Theodor Adorno or Herbert Marcuse. No, it’s just another way for them to say “teh evil Jews,” as this little “infographic” makes abundantly clear.

Frankfurt-School-Jews-

I should note that not everyone who talks about the alleged evils of alleged “Cultural Marxism” is a neo-Nazi. Some of them are simply people who, perhaps unknowingly, are getting a good deal of their “information” about the world from neo-Nazis who aren’t necessarily very upfront about being neo-Nazis. (There are a lot of these types hanging about in the manosphere and in GamerGate circles.)

If you’re one of the non-neo-Nazis and you’re dropping the phrase “Cultural Marxism” into your conversations online and possibly off, take a good hard look at the images above. The people who made these images are the people you’re aligning yourself with.

These are people who actually believe a secret cabal of hook-nosed Jews runs the world. These are people who think interracial classrooms = white genocide, and that supporters of multiculturalism not-so-secretly yearn for a world without white children. These are people who think Adolph Hitler had a lot of really good ideas, and not just about landscape painting. These are people, in other words, that you should have nothing to do with.

mockingbird
mockingbird

Considering “white” isn’t even a race, but an amalgamation of heritages linked only by a property that disappears when you stay in the sun too long…

Well, there are some for whom this isn’t true, but everyone I know who goes through the burn/peel cycle would happily trade that for a bit more melanin.

One quibble, though: That’s not even necessarily the defining characteristic of “whiteness” – just look at how long the Irish weren’t considered “really white” in the US, and you’d be hard pressed to find a group of people with skin better adapted to low UV conditions.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

Don’t trust him, Bakunin!

The cake is a lie!

The dude in the green coat and floofy hat, in the right-hand set of images, is Banastre Tarleton, alleged war criminal and anti-abolitionist:

Someone once told me I was his reincarnation.

autosoma
Reply to  Falconer

Well I could comment on what London State and Independent primary schools are like cos my two kids are in primary school in EastEnders primary school.

Does it matter what the ethnicity is? I don’t think so, the kids are there to receive an education. Does the diversity matter? They all end up following the English curriculum, otherwise Ofstead gets pissed off with the school, they’ll all get their culture from the curriculum and TV, (mostly Adventure time, Regular Show and other US made shows – hmmm! Cultural Colonisation of our children’s minds that’s a good conspiracy theory).

Basically, I don’t think any of these fuckers who complain about diversity in schools, have kids in school (or have kids).

autosoma
Reply to  autosoma

East END…. Not EastEnders – although I live in the bit where its supposed to be set… Jellied eel anyone

Adam Pack
Reply to  Gaebolga

@Gaebolga – curses! My cultural Marxist cake ploy has been foiled! [If you imagine that in a speech bubble, coming out of the mouth of a disgustingly racist stereotype, it could probably be one of these memes]

Monzach
Monzach

I’m as whitebread as it comes, but in my current state of tanning my genetic heritage from the Steppes of Russia is showing through. I’d probably be denounced as some form of non-white mongrel by the neo-Nazi crowd. The kicker? I’m from one of the staunchest ally countries that Nazi Germany had during the clusterfuck that was Operation Barbarossa (Finland, for those who are interested). Both my grandfathers fought in the retreat from Eastern Karelia, and through the Isthmus of Karelia; both survived but carried the emotional scars for the rest of their lives. I can’t fucking stand this neo-reactionary, Nazi crowd. We’ve had quite enough of the Third Reich over here, thank you very much. 😐

Rant over, sorry about that.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

@Adam Pack: I think the speech bubble should come from the little old schoolteacher with the ruler and the badly-photoshopped Star of David on her forehead.

RC
RC

Yeah, I don’t get neo-nazis, or even white nationalists (there can be a subtle, if still dumb, difference). Okay, I kind of get it in a basic, primal sort of way. Humans tend to relate most easily to people most like them. There’s a familiarity when it comes to race and culture.

But still, multiculturalism is good. It literally built America. See, back in the day, Americans didn’t think of the Irish, the Germans, the Slavs, etc, as ‘white people’ they thought of them as dirty immigrants who were different, and weird, and we don’t want them dating our daughters and sons. They were insulted, discriminated against and tossed into poor tenement housing. Then, after enough generations, they assimilated into our broader culture and our broader culture shifted as a result of what they brought to it. And we became a stronger nation for it. There’s literally, biologically, no difference between an Irishman and a man of African descent. Or a German and someone from china. Or a Croatian and someone from Honduras. There’s a difference in culture, yes and that will affect how long the acclimation process lasts, but race is a bullshit aesthetic argument clung onto by people ignorant of biology to try and make themselves feel better, and feel superior to other people.

We are all one big family of 52nd cousins currently (and I believe temporarily) stuck on an inconsequential rock in the middle of the void, we are all human, we are all star-stuff. Go go Team Homo sapiens. Unite. Cooperate. Mix. Progress.

autosoma
Reply to  Adam Pack

I’m really tempted to say; you patronising fucker. What type of Arab? Saharan, Egyptian,Yemeni, Somali (that sort of confuses me, but that’s what the fellas say), Iranian? And Indian? Hindi, Bengali, Mayalam,Tamil,Kashmiri,Bangla. – Let’s not forget the Pushtun, Turkmeni, Azeri and Uzbeki in between the Indians and the Arabs. Walk down Commercial Road in Bethnal Green and they are all English doesn’t matter where someone comes from we all live in the same place. Know the people you live with

Newt
Newt

What is “gender mainstreaming” and why is it bad?

I think it’s “talking about gender, or concepts involving the word `gender’, in the mainstream media, education, or anywhere that people might unexpectedly hear it”. This is unacceptable because as “gender theory” is just a theory (y’know, like gravity), and a fringe interest that doesn’t have any relevance to the real world, it should be permitted only in gender studies classes (provided they’re not paid for by taxes) and on SJW blogs (provided the comment policy allows absolute freeze peach).

Adam Pack
Reply to  autosoma

@autosoma – there are a lot of different types of people round here, that’s why I was being vague. Not patronising. Even ‘Indian’ was too specific but I didn’t want to write a list of thirty different ethniçities (for the record, my street is mostly Hindi, Bengali and a wide selection of mostly Gulf Arabs, but if I go three streets away it might be Afghans and Somali (I didn’t know they were Arabs, incidentally. How interesting. I suppose it makes sense because it’s not far from the main Arab regions by ship, and the Arabs have always been major seafarers).

ikanreed
ikanreed

You know what? I’m sicking of letting “white nationalists” get away with the tiny bit of false respect they unreasonably demand by saying they’re not Nazis.

They love fascist ideologies and racism. They have the bad parts of being Nazis down pat, and whatever ideological distinctions they think differentiate them are not ones that deserve consideration.

Falconer

As far as I can tell, the only difference is they don’t get regularly shouted at by a small man with a smaller moustache.

Tyra Lith
Tyra Lith

Well,you could probably buy Greece at the moment and still have change.

heh 😉

Can we add humanism to the mix too? I’m so tired of people saying “I’m not a feminist, I’m a humanist” and “why do we have to bring race into this? I believe in humanism, equality for all.”

THIS! So much. They always act like they have outsmarted everyone around because clearly never ever has anyone had the idea to play the “I’m so great because I don’t hate white men unlike all those other b****es”-card before when someone tried to point out that some people are oppressed because they belong to a minority/marginalised group.

Bina
Bina

@Bina, they’re pretending that white women are all attractive and non-white women are unattractive, and that that imagined fact justifies bigotry.

It’s bigotry all the way down.

Yup. And it’s bigotry all wearing the same hairdo, too…one which my own very curly hair won’t allow me to emulate — and I’m as white as it gets, short of maybe albino.

(I should also add that all three of those “diverse” models look like their hair is dyed.)

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

<blockquote.
I believe in humanism

I did too. Imagine my embarrassment when it turned out it *wasn’t* a dietary preference.

Guido Branco
Guido Branco

“Who needs people of colour? The white women I fantasize about can have one of three hair colours.”

Haha! And I thought it was not possible to beat the anti-gay mantra of “real diversity”, meaning that heterosexual marriage brings together male and female, thus that’s the real diversity, not what these abominable gayfolk want! How terribly wrong I was. Turns out the diversity in the truest God-ordained patriarchal sense means that a man can also choose between a blonde, brunette and a redhead to have a genuine God-ordained diversity. And these horrible bigoted SJW’s want everybody to be, think and behave the same anyway. *sarcasm-off*

maghavan
maghavan

@Bina, they’re pretending that white women are all attractive.

Nonsense. They hate on white overweight and disabled as well.

Guido Branco
Guido Branco

As for England, my friend lives in Portugal and he’s said he does miss the kind of racial diversity that is in the UK, so if there are less blacks and what-else in Portugal, it can seem a bit monocultural if the society there is mostly made up of people from clear European extraction.

Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne

That’s not Friedrich Pollock pictured in the last image, that’s a younger Erich Fromm. Whoever made that image, aside from knowing nothing about the ideas of anyone listed, fails at a basic google image search. Neo-nazis are morons.

Orion

Sex quotas are necessary because gender is a social construct” not sure what that means, or whether sex quotas mean we need to have more sex or lessNeither. The “sex quotas” in question are hiring quotes that would demand a certain number of jobs for women in each industry. The right-wing syndneytrads are opposed to sex quotas.

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

@Mnemosyne
Knowing that the cesspit of cesspits that is the 4chan board /pol/ is the source of many of these and that board is full of “ironic” racists that love to rile up the actual racists with stupid garbage that error may be intentional in order for the original creator to get laughs when it gets reposted

or its just genuinely stupid.
its hard to tell with those goddamn facists

Falconer

The secret code in Jeb! is even now being decoded! Expect documentation soon!

weirwoodtreehugger

I don’t know about Cuba, but I’m 99% sure Mexico is not considered a third world country.

Apparently, these people think that every country that isn’t white, the Northern European kind of white, is automatically the third world.

R Cawkwell

Has anyone told them that scientifically speaking ‘race’ doesn’t exist?

Eitan
Eitan

People do not realize that Marxism is a much more divided world view than they think. There was a Cold War between the Soviet Union and China. IN THE 60s. and both of them were Marxist states. That’s why we supported Yugoslavia during the Cold War because there version of Marxism went against the Moscow based ideology. That is not also counting Albania’s communist government exiting the warsawpact. The communist government of albania lasted until the founder’s death in the 1980s.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

I’ve spent my entire adult life in academia, specializing in horticulture, which I guess is technically a STEM field, which is why the topic of social reconstruction rarely comes up. My professor and PI (despite being both women!) have seriously neglected my Marxist re-education.

However, I did once attend a conference titled “Berry research school” at Geisenheim, which is basically a suburb of Frankfurt. Does that qualify me as a horticultural Marxist?

History Nerd

In many European countries, racist, Nazi, and anti-Semitic propaganda is explicitly illegal. Saying that you’re just against “cultural Marxism” and you just want to help white people is a way to get around that and avoid prosecution.

mildlymagnificent

Horticultural marxist! I could live with that.

Though if you can’t see any difference in the food that you grow or the flowers that you pick, it’s just a theoretical preference.

Though it might explain the origins of the names of tomatoes called “Big Red”.

Horticultural marxist! I could live with that.

Though it might explain the origins of the names of tomatoes called “Big Red”.

LMAO.

autosoma

I dunno these antisemite fuckwits are just fuckwits of the first order. As I’ve stated many times I’m a blue eyed, pasty bluish white 4by2-ish (rhyming slang for Jew obvs.) With blond blue eyed daughters, a fair percentage of us Jews are blue eyed and blond… The amount of right wing, white supremacist dipshits who think I’m one of them make me laff my yiddischer cotton socks off, closely followed by back peddling that if I’m Jewish then I must anti islam and Zahal (IDF for the the rest of the world) and Gaza and Zionism and, and, and. Yeh! We hate you white Nazi bastards, cos amoebas are more informed.

Paradoxical Intention

mockingbird | July 7, 2015 at 11:26 am
Re: non-sensical term salads: I had an intro to PolSci professor who assigned a slew of _Very Short Introduction_ books (ex: Fascism: A Very Short Introduction https://www.amazon.com/dp/0199685363/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_VU.MvbG73R9YF ). He included Fascism, Communism, Socialism, Democracy…there were like two others, but they’re not coming to me.

I actually have a few of those for Game Theory, Buddhism, Photography, and Psychology. Very handy.

R Cawkwell | July 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Has anyone told them that scientifically speaking ‘race’ doesn’t exist?

I’m sure someone has, but the moment they hear the phrase “social construct”, they froth at the mouth and start knee-jerking everywhere screeching “SJWs!!!!”

epitome of incomprehensibility

@Arctic Ape – Hahaha, great. Horticultural Marxists unite! Well, I’m no plant expert, but I’m sure I’ve eating fruits and vegetables that aren’t “racially pure.”

On the serious side, what’s the rationale of these meme-makers for conflating multiculturalism and Marxism? A very simplistic idea of left-right politics? Plain old anti-semitism (on the grounds that some leading Marxist thinkers were Jewish, and so, multiculturalism… doesn’t really follow, but anyway)?

I thought that multiculturalism, if anything, is a liberal idea rather than a Marxist one. Besides, some leftists have criticized it on the grounds that the melting pot idea obscures oppression and/or presents the image of white people “tolerating” everybody else.

(To be clear, by that I mean a political ideal of multiculturalism, not the simple fact of people from different cultures living in the same space. I don’t think many people who care about human rights object to the latter.)

epitome of incomprehensibility

“I’ve eating” – yeah, I can’t do verbs today. Sorry, verbs.

Matthew
Matthew

“Cultural Marxism” > Cultural Fascism

skybison
skybison

Okay I googled cultural marxists too

Something I’m noticing is that gamergaters/anti-CM types rarely seem to draw anything themselves, just photo shop their crap into other people’s work, usually very poorly. I guess that might be the silver lining to this cloud, at least these bigots are lazy.

You just keep telling yourself that.
comment image,

…Huh?

HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A BLACK KID BEFORE?

skybison
skybison

Sorry, something went wrong with my post, I meant for the last one to be a link only because, well Jesus Christ…

The link above it was suppossed to be a picture, for the record of a wolf and a norse hammer with the text “CHRISTIANITY IS CULTURAL MARXISM”

Miss Andry

This. This right here is why I’ve slightly shifted the focus of my blog. There will still be the usual mocking of misogynists and homophobes, but I’ve begun increasingly reading about the “Dark Enlightenment” and the intersection between MRAs, White Nationalists and fundamentalist religious folks. Even remade my site’s banner, though in fairness I was gonna change that soon anyway.

Falconer

HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A BLACK KID BEFORE?

Holy fucknuts.

autosoma
Reply to  Adam Pack

The point I was trying to make badly, is that the siloing of people into some pretty broad brush groups isn’t the way to go.

It’s sort of sad that we have to identify based on a bit of pigmentation and a notion of where we supposedly originated. I identify as a Londoner, specifically Eastend, yet even though we all live in the same borough, everywhere there are silly little silos of segregation.

I like the point that someone raised that multiculturalism can act as a mask for oppression. I;I’ll have a think about that.

rugbyyogi

True story this: My spouse was one of the first people who dug up the Cultural Marxism thing and helped bring it to ‘mainstream’ attention. Hitchens actually took him out to lunch and talked about collaborating on a book. But my spouse is way too lazy for that kind of thing. Also, my spouse is sexist and racist, but he’s not an anti-Semite. (It’s all very complicated and he has some very bizarre pseudo-science racist notions about different populations of Jewish people, but they’re not in general negative-racist and he’s very pro-Israeli)

But this tipped him into the world of MRA and ultra-right. He used this ‘learning’ to abuse me in my own home, both by acting in a kind of Red Pill fashion when it suited him and also monologuing on his race and gender theories and getting upset if I didn’t listen. And frankly it’s only since coming here that I’ve started to unpick the various nasty streams of thought that have been swirling around in his mucky head.

Good news though. He’s moving out this weekend. No doubt this will further solidify his bitter MRA notions and I expect a rough ride ahead on money and custody/contact issues. But at least I can hopefully stop living without the constant stress of being in the same space with him.

I think it’s the simple Us-Them mentality that says that everyone who isn’t in your camp must be in the same group. Like how you often see reactionary evangelicals talking about “atheism/humanism/socialism/communism” or whatever as if those terms were synonyms.

lith

@rugbyyogi:

Oh no, I do hope that turns out better than it sounds like it might. Best of luck!

autosoma
Reply to  rugbyyogi

@rugbiyogi

For one brief moment I thought you we’re my DW, except I’ve managed to avoid the MRA, TRP and ultra right twaddle (I’m pro Israel but anti Zionist) but I have switched to Conservative from being a life long labour supporter because of the Blair/Brown mishandling of the economy and the payday loan style of credit crunch they gave us.

Also DW and I were considering splitting up but we worked at resolving the core differences (attitude towards money, roles within the relationship) and are happily back on track, took some effort especially me changing my position but we’re there, phew.

Monzach
Monzach

@skybison

Is that “comic” with the two children from a Chick tract? The art style is eerily similar but I don’t think I’ve seen that particular scene before. Then again, there are hundreds, probably thousands, of the things…

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

Why…
How…
Marxists are atheists, FFS! A Jewish Marxist is some kind of oxymoron!

autosoma

@banned…
It’s really fucking simple, if your mum’s Jewish them your Jewish by birth… It’s in the Torah. But you choose to become a Marxist. Just like you can be born a catholic cos your dads one, then you choose to become fascist, communist, monster raving loonist. Religion has one set of rules, ideologies another and guess what you can switch religions or become an atheist just as easily as switching ideologies duh! So you can start off life Jewish and become a Marxist, just as you can start life a westboro evangelical dickheads and switch to being a democrat

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Y’know, what with Global Warming and such, I’d imagine that the real White Genocide Mass Extinction will come about because of NOT ENOUGH melanin. If it’s so important for “white” genes to survive, then as much inter-racial diversity as possible can ultimately only be a good thing to that end.

Also… For an ideology based entirely around breeding, Racists don’t even fucking understand how genetics work. Mixed-race kids still inherit 50% of their DNA from their white parent. Just because they only express the dominant alleles, it doesn’t mean the recessive genes aren’t there.
These shit-for-brains White Supremacists just can’t stand anyone looking different to some ridiculous idealized lily-white-blonde-haired-blue-eyed phenotype. That much is obvious, but why couch it in all these pseudo-socio-biological terms?

Am I the only one who thinks that ‘exemplary’ white child (below the communist rainbow meme) looks creepily photo-shopped in a way that is often applied to adult women? Like, they haven’t sought to emphasise her childishness, but her genetic “perfection”, in a way that is really gross and almost fetishistic?