4chan anti-Semitism antifeminism cultural marxism empathy deficit entitled babies evil SJWs grandiosity imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever none dare call it conspiracy playing the victim racism reactionary bullshit red pill that's completely wrong transphobia

Who’s Afraid of Cultural Marxism? Nazis, mostly, as this roundup of terrible “memes” reveals

How the opponents of so-called Cultural Marxism see the world
How the opponents of so-called Cultural Marxism see the world

Every once in a while, a hostile commenter wanders into the discussion here nattering about the evils of “Cultural Marxism.” One stopped by last night, prompting another commenter to ask what exactly this Cultural Marxism was, anyway.

I responded by saying the term essentially meant, at least to most of those using it, “the Evil Jews But We’ve Learned We Can’t Just Say That Publicly Outside of 4chan and Stormfront Without People Realizing We’re Basically Nazis.”

Oh, sure, once upon a time “cultural Marxism” was indeed a school of Marxist thought dealing with, you guessed it, culture. But in recent years the term has become a popular buzzword amongst neo-Nazis and other proud bigots on the far right, who use it to suggest a vast Jewish conspiracy against Western Civilization and the white race … without having to use the J-word, which tends to give their anti-Semitic game away.

But it’s not as if the opponents of “Cultural Marxism” go to great lengths to hide their racism and anti-Semitism. Indeed, a quick look at some of the “memes” and other graphics used by the Cultural Marxism-haters makes pretty clear where they’re coming from.

So here are some of the most, well, revealing images that popped up when I did a quick image search for “Cultural Marxism.” I’ve done this a couple of times before, but I felt it was time for a refresher, just a little reminder how many of the opponents of “Cultural Marxism” actually see the world.

CONTENT WARNING: All the bigotries you can imagine, and then some.

cm1 cm2 cm3

cm6

cm7

cm9

cm11

cm14

cm15

cm13

The last one is especially charming: don’t believe YOUR conspiracy theory, believe MINE.

Oh, and if these people start bringing up The Frankfurt School, well, it’s not because they’re interested in discussing the theories of actual cultural Marxists like Theodor Adorno or Herbert Marcuse. No, it’s just another way for them to say “teh evil Jews,” as this little “infographic” makes abundantly clear.

Frankfurt-School-Jews-

I should note that not everyone who talks about the alleged evils of alleged “Cultural Marxism” is a neo-Nazi. Some of them are simply people who, perhaps unknowingly, are getting a good deal of their “information” about the world from neo-Nazis who aren’t necessarily very upfront about being neo-Nazis. (There are a lot of these types hanging about in the manosphere and in GamerGate circles.)

If you’re one of the non-neo-Nazis and you’re dropping the phrase “Cultural Marxism” into your conversations online and possibly off, take a good hard look at the images above. The people who made these images are the people you’re aligning yourself with.

These are people who actually believe a secret cabal of hook-nosed Jews runs the world. These are people who think interracial classrooms = white genocide, and that supporters of multiculturalism not-so-secretly yearn for a world without white children. These are people who think Adolph Hitler had a lot of really good ideas, and not just about landscape painting. These are people, in other words, that you should have nothing to do with.

sheehank

On important thing to note is the first people to whine about cultural marxism were the original nazis, who called it Kulturbolschewismus.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“Diversity is a sick and perverted idea.”

[arewethebaddies.flv]

Wilson
Wilson

I don’t understand how some of those even work – like, how fucked up do you have to be to look a photo of a bunch of smiling kids at school and think ‘this must be stopped’. I mean, obviously it works for them because they’re racist scum, but still, you’d think they’d at least try to find some scowling or grumpy looking kids or something.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

What is “gender mainstreaming” and why is it bad?

zarathustratheserpent

It fucking annoys me how Nazis appropriate Beethoven for their bullshit. Beethoven’s appearance is so idealized paintings hardly capture how he really looked like. The man was 5’3” and so dark-skinned he was called The Spaniard. Thayer, Beethoven’s best 19th century biographer, said Beethoven resembled the Moor more than Haydn, who was mistaken for being black when his employer first met him. If those Nazi imbeciles actually met Beethoven they would heap on him all of their racism and bile.

BTW Beethoven was a massive Social Justice Warrior. He was pretty big on all those “decadent” Enlightenment and French Revolution ideals of freedom and equality. Writing an opera about a woman who saves her imprisoned husband and pulls a gun on the villain helps with the whole feminism/progressive department too.

zarathustratheserpent

Reblogged this on Zarathustra the Serpent and commented:

Nop
Nop

Every time one of these nuff-nuffs squawks about the “Frankfurt School”, I picture a campus in Europe where people learn to make hotdogs.

LordCrowstaff
LordCrowstaff

And that’s why I know to automatically disregard anything that contains the phrase “cultural marxism” unless I already know that the person I am talking to actually knows what they’re talking about.

autosoma

It probably better to say anti-semantic about cultural Marxism. This is so tiresome, listening to this twaddle that these numbnuts make up about Judaism. We’re only just now getting to a pre-shoah population size. Globally, there are only 16million of us out of a global population of 7+billion. I wish these fuckers would have some perspective.

But then I must admit I do enjoy spending a bit of time with antisemites, I always manage to confuse them. I guess it must be the big fuck off “death or glory” skull with crossed bones half sleeve tattoo, blue-eyed skinhead look I rock.

As my granny used to say, there’s no use educating pork.

Binjabreel

Lol, I love that telling children that there are other children that don’t necessarily look like them but are still children is apparently genocide.

It’s really instructive how they think two races mixing will only obliterate the white one. Yeah, no bizzare notions of purity going on here. Nope. None.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Always happy to be part-catalyst for a new post full of Nazi memes. But seriously, thank you for the explanation and for expanding on it.

The reason I posed the question in the first place is I find it very suspect that I’ve only ever seen the term used negatively, and by people who are always vague about what it actually means. Sometimes I just want people to un-dog whistle their dog whistles, so that they have to be faced with what they are actually saying.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Another example is MRAs who attack “radical feminists” without any concept of what makes radical feminism distinct from other schools and movements. I wish they would just come out and say “it means women I don’t like.”

LordCrowstaff
LordCrowstaff

@Viscaria:

Long years of being on the internet have thaught me that most people who use words like fascists, communists, marxists and the like have only a very dim view of what they actually mean.

Imperator Kahlo
Imperator Kahlo

@Policy of Madness

I’ve seen ‘gender mainstreaming’ pop up in reports produced by the UN and international aid agencies. As I understand it, it’s an organisational shift that places gender issues – read: women’s issues – in a more prominent position, and requires that all policies and programs are assessed in terms of gender impact (along with myriad other indicators, of course).

In other words, this evil must be stopped. /s

::waves at group:: long-time lurker and big fan of the community here

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

There are some areas of the world (especially some areas of South America) that have a “one drop” rule that applies to whiteness. If you have even one white ancestor, you are white.

I’m not saying that’s desirable, only that it proves how stupid and inconsistent the whole thing is.

epitome of incomprehensibility

Wasn’t Jurgen Habermas, the communications philosopher, part of the Frankfurt School at one point? And he isn’t Jewish. (Wikipedia tells me he’s still alive. I didn’t know that. Anyway.)

This is so stupid, in any case. How does a bunch of political/philosophical theorists (mostly white men, anyway) = a conspiracy against white people? I mean, they’re making even less sense than the people on YouTube who think pop music is controlled by the satanic atheist Catholic Illuminati or whatever.

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

“I should note that not everyone who talks about the alleged evils of alleged “Cultural Marxism” is a neo-Nazi. Some of them are simply people who, perhaps unknowingly, are getting a good deal of their “information” about the world from neo-Nazis who aren’t necessarily very upfront about being neo-Nazis.”

Yeeeeah… but if you need a label to identify a fucked up idea, you’re probably not very bright and/or kind of racist anyway.

Adam Pack

I can’t respond to most of those memes except by repeatedly bashing my head against a wall and despairing of humanity, but the school one? England is 85% white. I looked it up. Eighty five percent. Oh noes, we are so genocided that there are only ten times more of us than the next largest ethnic group (Asians at 7.8%, and yes, I looked it up on wikipedia). Run away from the scary brown people! FFS.

endemploymentdependency

Good Article.

However, a correction. A far as we are aware, no member of the Frankfurt School ever described themselves as a ‘Cultural Marxist’. As far as we know no-one with any influence has ever done this. They produced abstract academic analysis, they never advanced policy prescriptions called ‘Cultural Marxism’.

Saying that there was once a school of Marxist thought called ‘Cultural Marxism’ isn’t true and gives the enemy too much credit. The term originated with rightwing Conspiracy Theorists and has no basis in reality.

RKajdi
RKajdi

Don’t forget that the way most of these people started hearing about “cultural marxism” was from Anders Breivik. You know, that monster who killed a bunch of kids at a summer camp in Norway because he didn’t like the political party they were supporting. Never mind the terrorist bombing he set up and used as a distraction for his attack on said summer camp.

Really the guy you want to associate yourself with. But I guess for the idiot right-winger who doesn’t mind casual anti-semitism would probably think that’s the kind of star to hitch their hopes to.

Bina
Bina

“We have our own diversity”…that dresses in identical short trenchcoats and Louboutins.

So diversity. Much wow.

Binjabreel

Seriously, the “is this Kenya?” one doesn’t say what they think it says- to me it says that England is still fucking segregated as all hell.

Tyra Lith
Tyra Lith

Well my skin is as white as it gets and those people can go fuck themselves.

ikanreed
ikanreed

@Bina, they’re pretending that white women are all attractive and non-white women are unattractive, and that that imagined fact justifies bigotry.

It’s bigotry all the way down.

Guido Branco
Guido Branco

“If I got an euro every time some american rightwing idiot misuses words like “marxism”, “socialism”, “communism” etc. I would never be able to spend all that cash.”

Oh, this! What is even more appalling is that the USA is sometimes considered too “communist” simply because it isn’t free market-y enough, even though Democrats are too centre-right compared to the left-wingers in Europe. You can push your economy in a more market fundamentalist direction, make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and STILL some arsehole would bitch and moan that there’s poverty because of some pernicious communist principle at work.

Jim Millman
Jim Millman

The mass-murderer Breivik was also very keen on the term Cultural Marxism, a term I first heard when he did what he did and his ‘manifesto’ became news. I have to say, when I heard it I instantly thought of Peter Hitchens (a reactionary UK journalist). To be fair, Hitchens (although he says much I’d object to) isn’t a racist or an antisemite. On a number of occasions he has either insinuated or outright stated that ‘progressive’ social change in the UK is down to a left-wing cabal (he likes to highlight the fact that many in the Blair government were in far-left groups in their youth) following Gramscian ideas on social change – essentially implementing communist social ideas (in Hitchens’ view, at least) while accepting communist economic ideas were a failure. The ‘cultural Marxism’ you’re talking about sounds a much cruder concept, though.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

</blockquote?

Well,you could probably buy Greece at the moment and still have change.

Falconer

@Lord Crowstaff:

I occasionally see someone yelling about “fascist communists!!” and that’s when I spend the rest of the day with a huge red hand mark on my face.

@Adam Pack:

I expect the recent depiction of Coal Hill School on Doctor Who is closer to what a London school looks like than those cherry-picked pictures up there.

Bakunin
Bakunin

Anti-racist = anti-white | Racist = white?

I mean, if you spend so much energy arguing your bullshit code word theory, then I can only assume you also agree with the converse, that being racist is being white. Who says we accuse every white person of racism again?

Spindrift
Spindrift

Considering their definition of “white genocide” is something along the lines of
“Waah, some white women are choosing to have babies with [put racial slur here], those babies won’t look like me! Waah, how can they do this, don’t they know that white women belong to white men like me? Waah!”…
I have no objections to “white genocide” happening. (wonder if I’ll see that taken out of context and come back to bite me)

idledillettante

My favorite ridiculous Cultural Marxism memes:

It says these are the nightmare of decent family people, but I think they sound like the coolest Scooby Doo reboot yet. They just need a Velma.

Also, I think I went to Sarah Lawrence with these people.

CW – gross! Gross gross gross. http://i0.wp.com/quietmike.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/image.jpg
comment image?w=547&h=570

“Sex quotas are necessary because gender is a social construct” not sure what that means, or whether sex quotas mean we need to have more sex or less. But at least australia isn’t for want of nonsensical bullshit.

It doesn’t make sense! Why is the skeleton two-headed of communism and capitalism are two sides of the same coin?! Coins have a head side and a tails side, except for some trick coins. And how are communism and capitalism in any way similar?

Brb practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian

It all makes sense now! Wait… No, it doesn’t.
comment image

Oh look, it’s Anita Sarkeesian. But how is falling off your bike Marxist?
comment image

In case those luscious blonde braids didn’t make it clear, the model and baby are both dressed in white clothes too. God, so not subtle.
comment image?w=547&h=734

Another from Sydney trads. Apparently I was supposed to study the traditional cannon, which had much to teach me of perennial truths. And here I thought it was just an old metal pipe outside the post office.

Et tu, Francis? I would be more shocked but the text is cut off by the pictures. 1/10 inept

Rofl. This one is kind of amusing.

There’s lots more, maybe we should all post our favorites

idledillettante

Oh man. I’m sorry about #2. I thought it would just post links to these shitty memes. Maybe remove it, because it is pretty revolting

theluckyfrog

I know, right? I was looking at the Annie one and the “We have our own diversity” one and thinking, out of the context of this page I would not get the point. That there was a white girl in one Annie movie and a black girl in the newest one is just a fact. You’d have to BE RACIST to take that as a problem. Most people would probably interpret it as a social justice statement, if they couldn’t work out what Cultural Marxism meant.

As for the one with what looks like Charlie’s Angels in it, our American form of diversity is… differences in hair color? I’m completely baffled by this one. Unless they think brown hair is a sign of race mixing or something, I do not get what they could possibly be saying…

…oh oh OH I just got it. They’re saying that different hair colors is enough diversity and different skin tones would be too much. Um, okay? First of all, it was a struggle to discern that from that image. Secondly, well, that’s your opinion???? I guess it’s hard to argue convincingly when your argument is crap.

weirwoodtreehugger

Can we add humanism to the mix too? I’m so tired of people saying “I’m not a feminist, I’m a humanist” and “why do we have to bring race into this? I believe in humanism, equality for all.”

Why do people not realize that humanism is already a thing with a specific definition and you can’t just call yourself a humanist to pretend that men, white people and cishet people are equally oppressed?

Doctor Who promotes white genocide too! How else can you explain this?
Checkmate cultural Marxists!

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Considering “white” isn’t even a race, but an amalgamation of heritages linked only by a property that disappears when you stay in the sun too long… I have no objections to “white genocide” happening either.

In fact, “white genocide” has already happened; it started when people first started traveling to other places and marrying people not from the same bit of land as them, and it was accelerated by “first world” countries and the prosperity that allowed even more intermixing.

Sorry assholes, even if you truly cared about “racial purity,” the time for that has long since passed.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

One of the (many, many, many) stupidest parts about this… Going by their own definitions, the odds of even one of them being “White” (as per their beloved one-drop rule, with no non-white ancestors at all) are basically zero. And that’s if we generously ignore the fact that Homo sapiens evolved in sub-Saharan Africa.

And they know this, as proven by the way they always cut off fellow white supremacists who embarrass them (such as Roosh or Naso) with “He’s swarthy.”

Adam Pack

@Falconer – I’m English, and in the cities, you sometimes get schools where the racial mix is 50% white and 50% everyone else. Outside of the cities, you might have an Arab or whatever child in a class. One child. We’re not exactly being swamped (not that I would mind if we were – I intentionally live in a part of my city which has a lot of Arab and Indian people because they’re generally friendly, intelligent and helpful, and also, to be shallow, the food and music are much better).
@Bakunin – no-one said that. No one ever said anything like that. You are confused.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Ninja’d by Kirby! =P

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@Adam

Bakunin was responding to one of the “Memes,” not to any of us.

Bakunin
Bakunin

It was meant rhetorically, if being anti-racist is anti-white, then being racist is white. They accuse us of saying all white people are racist, when their own rhetoric damns them.

I do get that not all white people are racist, we just benefit from racism.

acer
acer

Kevin MacDonald is one academic throughline for these people. He’s the guy who got Jim Goad, Roosh, and the rest of the manosphere fascinated with anti-semitism.

Adam Pack
Reply to  Bakunin

‘Bakunin – I’m terribly sorry, I completely misunderstood you. It was I who was confused. Please accept my apologies and a notional cake to make up for my rudeness. Or something else, if you don’t like cake.

Film Runner

It definitely says something when a group’s propaganda is unintelligible to anyone outside it.

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

Three thin rich white women, all with long hair = diversity. Riiiiiight.

Bakunin
Bakunin

Eh, it wasn’t the clearest I could have been. No worries.

mockingbird
mockingbird

Re: non-sensical term salads: I had an intro to PolSci professor who assigned a slew of _Very Short Introduction_ books (ex: Fascism: A Very Short Introduction https://www.amazon.com/dp/0199685363/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_VU.MvbG73R9YF ). He included Fascism, Communism, Socialism, Democracy…there were like two others, but they’re not coming to me.

On the first day of class, he told everyone that they were to read them before the next class / before our first discussion.

I wish I could do that to everyone who wishes to discuss politics on the Internet, but I’d take it one step further and require a quiz. If you don’t pass it, you can’t post.

I’m not sure if it would make comments sections more civil, but it would at least help them to be a bit more informed.

Zeppelin
Zeppelin

As a student of Frankfurt university, I’m flattered that there are people who believe our department of political philosophy is causing the end of Western Civilisation and the extinction of the White Race*. Pretty sure our neo-nazis have never heard of the Frankfurt School.

*As a German it’s also interesting to me when American racists talk about the “white race”. German nazis don’t care if you’re pale-skinned, they care if you’re “aryan” (i.e. vaguely north germanic ethnically). They want to save the German race, or possibly the Aryan race. Like, Slavs are pale, but they’re still evil subhumans. Germanic people getting outbred by, say, “racially” French people would be just as bad as them being outbred by Namibians.
I like to imagine German and American neo-nazis get in big, stupid arguments whenever they meet because they’ve reified different half-baked ideas of what constitutes a “race” — the American one that’s borne of slavery and the racial segregation system and goes by what you look like vs. the European one that’s based on ethnocentrism and only uses skin colour as an incidental marker.

Viscaria
Viscaria

“Who needs people of colour? The white women I fantasize about can have one of three hair colours.”

1 2 3