Uncategorized

Makeup proves that women are hateful, deceptive creatures with too many rights, Men’s Rights Redditors agree

No-makeup selfie
No-makeup selfie

So Em Ford, a popular YouTuber known for her makeup tutorials, recently put up a video detailing some of the nasty and abusive comments she got when she dared to put up some pictures of herself without makeup, revealing red skin, pimples, and, you know, other human imperfections.

Someone posted about her video to the Men’s Rights subreddit, and the regulars there offered some nuanced and measured thoughts on our society’s beauty ideals.

Just kidding! They attacked women as fickle, hateful narcissists who use makeup to deceive men — and who should probably not be allowed to run companies.

As Ultramegasaurus sees it, ugly men are the real victims here.

Make up is a privilege if you think about it. A woman can cover her ugliness (the model is a perfect example), yet man has to live with his facial ugliness (or height).

Uh, I’m not so sure about that height thing. I’m pretty sure you can do something about that.

tommy5

Actingverystrangely, meanwhile, seems quite upset that while women can cover up their pimples with makeup, men who lie about owning Ferarris are looked down upon by society.

So hiding your spots with make up is not deception. But pointing out that you don’t actually look the same without make up as you do with make up is wrong. …

As an experiment, why not tell the next woman you meet that you drive a Ferrari and have an Amex Centurion Card and a luxury yacht moored in Monaco? When she asks to go for a drive in the car, look wistfully into the middle distance and say

“It is society’s unrealistic expectations that forced me to present myself as affluent and successful. But I’m sure you recognise that I am successful in my own way, and that …wait! Where are you going? Wait, I can explain…

But it is coolsanta who wins the thread with his spirited defense of ugly men — and his even more spirited attack on the makeup-wearing women who (allegedly) hate them and want them dead.

Fact: Ugly men are much more likely to be accused of being creepy than good looking men. Woman generally regard unattractive men as a nuisance. When she puts on the make-up and that revealing dress to impress mostly her bisexual friends and to some degree the handsome men out there the last thing she wants is for the ugly (= creepy) men to notice.

Yep. that’s right, fellas: when women dress up, it’s mostly to impress — and possibly sexually frustrate? — their bisexual friends. Who knew?

That makes them feel abused while similar attention from a good looking man would have the opposite effect. If an ugly guy should manage to woo them and get them into bed there is a very high likelihood of regret followed by a rape charge.

Or possibly the woman simply won’t go out on a date with that guy again? From the point of view of the regretful woman, this seems like much less of a hassle than, you know, going to the police with a false rape charge, having a rape kit done, having yourself attacked in court, and so on and so forth.

They would prefer the undesirables eradicated from society, and would think nothing of it, as they serve no purpose in their eyes.

That’s right: all women are secret Hitlers who yearn for a world cleansed of ugly dudes.

Less attractive men will always be socially disadvantaged / undermined with women in control, to keep them out of social circles.

Wait, women are in control?

Indeed, even movie directors know its ok if the short, bald, fat, ugly, bespectacled guy is torn in two by the dinosaurs… The fat guy seems to be cowardly and deserving of his fate – however, he is afraid with good reason.

Woah, dude, what happened to SPOILER ALERT? I haven’t seen Jurassic World yet.

Dressing up pretty, with high heels and make-up are women’s confirmation of this important fact – the importance of looks.

Wait, now women are “dressing up pretty” to keep from being eaten by dinosaurs? Bisexual dinosaurs?

It takes a special type of person to read this and not recognize the danger of giving so much legal and social power to such a fickly, sometimes hateful, creature.

PURE STEM MANLOGIC Q.E.D.

In the board room they won’t tolerate the fat, bald and more capable guy ruling over the handsome guy – it clashes with their psyche because in nature they would have ended up having to have sex with the guy in control.

I hate to break it to you, dude, but there are plenty of fat, bald guys in the world’s boardrooms. Do I need to pull out the pictures again?

Other than that, though, your theory seems solid as hell.

H/T — r/againstmensrights

violetvolume
violetvolume

I’m quite interested in the fact that they complain that women “would prefer the undesirables eradicated from society, and would think nothing of it, as they serve no purpose in their eyes,” and yet they regard women who are anything less than thin, beautiful, and subservient to be either non-existent, worthless, or find their mere existence to be actively offensive.

Not to mention that this is of course completely and provably false, since plenty of ugly men have wives and children.

Vanir (@Vanir85)

Let’s see if I get this:

The ones claiming women should not HAVE to use makeup, but who also say both women AND men should be free to do so, or not, as they want as *individuals* – are usually feminists.

The ones saying men SHOULD NOT wear makeup or pay any overt attention to their looks (or even hygiene) – while at the same time BERATING women who do not go out of their way to please teh boners – are usually proponents of toxic types of masculinity; MRAs, RedPillers, PicuUpArtists, “Incels”, etc…

The first groups are most often women, but there are a fair size of men who also think like this, *thankfully*. The latter group however, consists mainly of men, and only a miniscule amount of women….

HOWEVER, in the minds of this dude and those who agree with him – that women use makeup and men “can’t” – IS WHOLLY THE FAULT OF TEH EVIL WIMMINZ (who anyway should be barred from positions of power and be chained in the kitchen and be required to please the boners of despicable, rude, inconsiderate, misogynists…).

Dude…

LOGIC DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

Sweet Mother of All, this bro is dumb…

Karalora

I’m a dino nerd too, Mr. Robertshaw, but I wish people wouldn’t make such a big deal over the name of the park not matching the majority of the reconstructed fauna. If you’re going to name your dinosaur park over a time period when dinosaurs naturally lived, you have basically four options: Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, or Mesozoic. Marketing best practices dictate that it should be easy for the public to remember and pronounce and have some nice snap to it. “Mesozoic” is out because it’s four syllables where the others are three. “Cretaceous” sounds too soft. “Triassic” has that weird “vowel-on-either-side-of-the-syllable-break” thing going on, and you don’t want the name of your park to have “ass” in the middle. “Jurassic” is the winner by virtue of sounding the best.

Ælfscýne
Ælfscýne

All of those asking about what’s up with some men, especially in the MRA world, obsessing with height. It’s a handy thing to reduce your flaws to, because you can’t do anything about it. Almost everything else can be fixed, at least in theory.

maghavan
maghavan

Well, you can quibble all you want, but the simple trooth is that men don’t use cheap tricks to attract potential mates.

weirwoodtreehugger

But then, of course, these are not Scientists(TM). Fatness, shortness etc. can be evolutionary advantages in the right circumstances. Survival of the Fittest doesn’t mean only those who go to the gym are evolutionarily successful.

Isn’t one of the theories about why there is so much obesity in food abundant societies precisely this? A propensity to store fat is an adaptive trait to have if you go through times of food scarcity. You can make the most of the calories you do get and have fat to live off of so your body doesn’t eat muscle and organs.

If that apocalypse the manospherians wish so fervently for ever happens, those cross fit bros with 4% body fat they admire so much are going to have a difficult time. It’s not going to be like the movies where the survivors are all fit and toned and thin – but not famine thin.

Chaos-Engineer
Chaos-Engineer

I’ve been boycotting Woody Allen movies for the past several years, but I might go see the new one that’s coming out this summer, if he gets eaten by dinosaurs in it.

Falconer

So you go with “Jurassic” …

Falconer

Anyway, the Triassic period doesn’t have very much of what we’d consider the classic dinosaurs. Swift and spry crocodiles, sure, we can do you them, but what people really want in a dinosaur is Apatosaurus and Tyrannosaurus.

Bina
Bina

Re: the height thing

I *like* dating short guys. I have never used height as a rejection criteria for dates. My longest-lasting relationship was with a guy who was ‘5 “7. My current boyfriend is about the same height. I *like* dating men close to my own height (‘5″5), and whenever I dated dudes substantially taller it never really worked out. They were assholes to a man; I don’t ascribe that to their being tall but maybe it contributed. After all, they spent the adult lives looking down on women and most everyone else.

When I was younger, a guy being tall was something of a dealbreaker for me. I actually preferred guys on the short side of medium (I’m the same height as you, or maybe five-six on a good day.) Shorter guys apparently knew they couldn’t just make an impression with their height alone, so they had to work on their OTHER attributes. Nowadays, though, I’m not so picky…short guys can be assholes too, and these MRA whiners are a major case in point. They think we’re actively discriminating against them on the basis of height? Nope. It’s all the whining and defensiveness and general assholery that does them in!

idledillettante

Re: makeup

There’s this double standard about women and makeup (and nice clothes, too) that I first noticed in the 2008 presidential election. I call it the Palin/Hillary Problem.

Sarah Palin spent a lot of money on fancy, feminine clothes during her vice-presidential run. She tended to wear a lot of makeup, blown-out long hair and high heel shoes. Democrats mocked Palin for doing this because it was ditzy or superficial (though her ideas were ditzy enough.) I sometimes think Palin pretended to be dumber than she was because she thought acting like Barbie (i.e. Like eye candy) was what the voters wanted.

Hillary Clinton (and a bunch of other female politicians, like Angela Merkel or Margaret Thatcher) take the other route: they favor short hair, little to no makeup, wear pantsuits, and in general dress like their male counterparts. But they get mocked for looking dowdy, old, and not-feminine!

It’s an impossible problem. Palin was mocked for being too feminine (the news people sure got a lot of mileage out her shopping sprees at Nieman Marcus) whereas Hillary was mocked for not being feminine enough! And neither strategy really worked with voters in 2008.

Though I think Hillary will probably win in 2016 (I hope so anyway), this double standard still bothers me. I really wish women in politics could dress like women (instead of like men) and get treated fairly.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

So I guess these guys boycott consumer products, too, because ads are so deceptive. How dare they show sports cars going fast on empty roads! How dare they show young, fit, attractive people flirting as a result of beer! How dare they photograph food in such a flattering light!

And how dare women try to put their best self forward! Do they think they’re in some kind of sexual marketplace or something? Self-improvement and relationship cheat codes are only for MEN.

These guys really have a huge phobia about being deceived by women, don’t they? They look at us and see nothing but Venus flytraps, waiting to lure them into enslavement and death. Then they quickly retreat to the safety of MRA land, where they can high-five each other over their cleverness at not being taken in. Uh, congratulations, I guess? You’re lonely and bitter and miserable, but at least you weren’t fooled by harlot paint into thinking favorably about women!

Um, no. Makeup doesn’t alter basic bone structure or facial proportions. It’s not like putting on a Halloween mask, or covering up holes in drywall. Does this guy think women can spackle on foundation with a trowel and – voila! – Giselle Bundchen?

Seems to me the short, bald, etc. guy is far more likely to get romantically paired with a hot female partner than fed to dinosaurs. The reverse isn’t true, though. Short, fat, etc. women are barely even visible on movie screens.

maistrechat

Do you get scared when people change clothes?

I actually do, because I’m terrible at telling faces apart and so things like clothing are the ways I figure out who is who until I know them really well. (Voice is the other big one.) For the first couple weeks after my spouse and I got together I had issues distinguishing them from somebody else we were spending a lot of time with.

re:height

I’m 5’6″ – the only time it was ever an issue was when taller partners were concerned that I would be uncomfortable with the difference. Shortness being a dealbreaker was always otherwise accompanied by somebody looking for “traditional family values” or somesuch which was a dealbreaker for me. So it worked out pretty well, actually.

/anecdotal evidence

Jurassic

Ninja’d by Falconer.

ryohji
ryohji

Good Lord! Those people hate women so much and have a vision of manliness that is so twisted that all they say are bollocks!

Binjabreel

One thing I thought the books handled better was the idea that we actually have zero idea if dinosaurs could spit poison, or secreted hallucinogenic mucus, or had chameleon-like skin (like in Lost World) or had sedatives in their saliva (which I think Chrichton gave the compys?), so the park handlers were constantly discovering new, annoying things these animals could do that they had no way to have accounted for.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

[nerd] Actually, we can know whether or not dinos spit poison. Animals with venom glands have characteristic pits in their jaws and grooves in their teeth. That’s how we know some therocephalian synapsids could inject venom, for example. It is possible (even likely) that some carnivorous dinos had toxic bites due to bacterial growth, but that’s not the same thing and they wouldn’t be able to spit it. [/nerd]

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

[nerd]

You nerd away; love hearing about stuff like this!

Paradoxical Intention

maistrechat | July 6, 2015 at 11:54 am

Do you get scared when people change clothes?

My apologies. It slipped my mind that this was a thing for some people.

maistrechat

@PI

No apologies necessary (at least not for me). I’m not offended in the least since it seems an apt comparison.

Bloop
Bloop

You know what really irritates me about guys like this? They go on these fucking tangents about women wearing makeup “to deceive men,” (which 9 times out of 10 is not even the reason) are the same guys who sit there and treat women that never wear makeup exactly like how they think women that do wear makeup treat those guys. They’re just a bunch of annoying, insecure hypocrites.

epitome of incomprehensibility

Oh no, the MRAs have got me! I admit to using makeup sometimes to make people think of me differently.

Now, the point isn’t necessarily to “look pretty.” It’s even more insidious! The point is to look like I’m dressed up.

See, I’ll wear lipstick when I’m expected to dress up (such as a job intervew or a date). Lipstick’s handy because it suggests I have other makeup on too when I usually don’t… not that most people will probably notice anyway…

Er, I mean, yes, they’ll notice, and I’m terribly, terribly manipulative! “Trying to look dressed-up sometimes” is one step away from “trying to control all the men,” am I right?

Bina
Bina

Yup. There are always two things I will wear if I’m going more than a few steps beyond my own doorstep: Lipstick (or gloss) and my watch. I feel naked in public without them.

Funnily, though, I never hear MRAs frothing about evil deceiving sluts wearing timepieces, rather than relying on random men to give them the time of day.

freemage

I always figured that “Jurassic Park” was picked by Hammond and his corporate lackeys because it sounded best–it actually underlines the themes of the book, that way.

AltoFronto | July 6, 2015 at 6:52 am

Sooo…

Men’s Rights = I should be able to be utterly repulsive inside and out, and still have women touch my boner on demand. If she expects even basic adult behaviour from me, she’s an uppity b*tch. All women should be naturally flawless or they will not meet the standard my boner deserves and will not sufficiently please my boner. Any use of make-up is a deliberate attempt to cheat me out of my hot feeemale boner-pleaser, and false advertising.
Hollywood is the same as real life, and look at how all those gorgeous movie stars get all the good stuff. Misandry!!

Not quite. Oh, all of this is true, but Men’s Rights Activists also believe that they should never have responsibility for the consequences of sex, in particular they want the right to not pay child support AND get preferential treatment in custody disputes. And women cannot expect to lay around the house, but they must also not attempt to enter high-paying fields dominated by men; instead, they are expected to work enough hours at menial, low-paid labor to be self-sufficient, so that no man will ever be expected to provide for them (or their kids).

A.A. Wils

What an irredeemable moron. Never mind that not-conventionally attractive/overweight women are all but invisible in our society, especially to douchebags like the one in the OP (I mean, good riddance to bad rubbish, since I don’t want any of these red pill dumb asses creeping on me). The pressure to be pretty is big in our culture. Women still are valued for their youth and beauty, rather than personality and intelligence. Any lady less than a “HB7” is not even worth these assholes’ time. It’s all about the looks, to these shallow guys. And he has the temerity to accuse us women of that? Imbecile.

As others have pointed out, this dude’s rant smacks of projection.

CalmPalm
CalmPalm

Who knew that when I put on some concealer(even its name tells what a lie it is!) to turn a bright red spot to a mildly pink spot, I was bringing about the end of ugly men? Imagine what I could do if I ever learned to actually do full make-up.

ratzilla
ratzilla

I’m glad to know that my concealer fu is oppressing men like this one. I will grind them down by applying eyeliner! With lip balm I shall conquer them and while dragging product through my hair dance on their corpses.
Or maybe this guy and his ilk can survive such oppression if they really really try.

reymohammed
reymohammed

And if you don’t wear makeup and try to look good, you’re this misandrist, feminazi dyke. I mean, unless you’re Erin Pissy.

Karalora

So you go with “Jurassic” …

No, you go with “Jurassic.” The consonant really does make a difference in how the word is perceived.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

*Everything women do is for us, men but women are the narssicists

And

*Women who wear make up are trying to deceive us and if they don’t wear make up then they’re ugly and are not worth my time but women are the shallow ones and the ones who judge others by appearance because of height and whatever.

Pretty much what I got out from all this.

darealwulfshady

“Men’s Rights = I should be able to be utterly repulsive inside and out, and still have women touch my boner on demand.”

Isn’t that a bit of a straw man? My experiences of MRAs are limited, but they really don’t seem as petty as you guys are trying to claim.

weirwoodtreehugger

Your experience with them is limited. Our experience with them is extensive. Maybe, just maybe you shouldn’t try to splain them to us? Because that actually sums up MRAs really well.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“I’m not an MRA, but…”

Yawn.

Our experience with MRAs is extensive, and they really are that petty.

Ninja’d verbatim by WWTH.

rugbyyogi

@robertshaw – if it was you what coined “mostly cretaceous park” – let me just say I love that and have used it and will continue to do so. I did my BSc in Geology – and although I’ve never been a dinosaur buff* so don’t actually know which period different dinos belong to, it just plum tickles me.

__
*I was always a hard rock, mineralogy kinda gal.

Rohan Roger David Zener
Rohan Roger David Zener

Hitler was a handsome guy, aside of his evil, so even he would not be a suitable analogy for women’s identity.

ej
ej

So, a friend of mine posted this on Facebook today. It seems to fit this conversation pretty well.

Brainmist
Brainmist

I wonder what they’d make of me…. Far and away my most extensive make up work goes into creating something like the first image in this story. For reasons of deliberate deception and perceived power.

Because it’s kinda hilarious when dudebros wet themselves in terror.

Of course, I’m in no way discriminatory with the doling out of terror: there is no level of theoretical cute that makes them safe.

socialreject1

isn’t it a bit extreme calling women deceptive because they wear make-up? Most women wear make-up because they feel pressurized by society to wear make-up. Also, men can be deceptive as well, as famous celebs who are male use photo shop to enhance their pictures by making they’re shoulders broader and they’re muscles stand out more.

Orion

When she puts on the make-up and that revealing dress to impress mostly her bisexual friendsWow. It’s like he heard the common saying (“Women’s fashion is about impressing other women, not appealing to men”)–which itself combines an insightful idea (looking good isn’t just about sex) with a tiresomely sexist one (clothes are a girl thing for girls) — then ran it through the still-more-tiresome PUA-style “everything is about sex” filter.

Yeah, women (and men) often dress for their female (or male), but it’s not just for the bisexual ones.

jodiethalegend

Hmmm, learning that MRAs find women wearing make-up to be so detrimental to the universal wellbeing of entitled misogynists almost makes me want to actually wear it. But since women NOT wearing make-up is also considered to be a blatant act of misandry and is cheaper, better for my skin, and takes a lot less effort, I will continue with that method of making boners sad.

Tina S
Tina S

I’m deceptive when i wear makeup and lazy when i don’t. K

There’s nothing stopping men from wearing makeup. Oh, right, other men are cuz society says men don’t wear makeup. I think i just confused myself.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Rugbyyogi:

Judging by the dinosaurs in Michael Crichton’s original book, you could more accurately call it the Norian/Sinemurian/Lots of Tithonian/Famously Albian/Lots of Campanian/Famously Maastrichtian Park

Of the more notable dinosaurs, all the large herbivores were either Late Jurassic (around early Tithonian age 150 mya) or Late Cretaceous (mostly Campanian 75-80 mya), Dilophosaurus was Early Jurassic (Sinemurian 190-200 mya), Deinonychus aka “Velociraptor” was about middle Cretaceous (Albian 110 mya) and Tyrannosaurus was end-Cretaceous (Maastrichtian 65-70 mya).

jaygee
jaygee

This quote makes me want to grab that person by the shoulders and shake them. There’s just so much wrong, so much delusion there. Grrr…

I’ve actually not felt pressured to wear makeup, and until recently only put on makeup a couple times a year on average. I never wear makeup to work. Yes, I am lazy. I would rather sleep in a bit more than spend time putting on makeup. Another part of this is that I have sensitive skin, so makeup can irritate it, and so it’s not worth the bother. I’ve not gotten crap from anyone IRL about it one way or another.

I do think makeup helps accentuate flattering features, so I’m practicing this makeup thing more to get better at applying it and figure out what kind of style I like. I am with a committed partner (who actually prefers me sans makeup), so what would these jerks make of occasions I put on makeup? I’m usually at a special event or out with friends, and there’s no flirting going on (so they can’t apply their stupid sexual market place crap to it). I wonder if they can ever accept that some people put on make up because they like the way it makes them look period. There doesn’t have to be some devious ulterior motive, but I guess they can’t help projecting themselves onto everything.

Their comments treat makeup like it’s some powerful magic. If they seriously believe that, they should go out and get makeup for themselves. But I guess they are weak to the powers of toxic masculinity, which prevents them from doing so.

Lea
Lea

I like make up. It’s fun. It’s decorating me. I like decorating me. It’s a wee little celebration. I like to break the rules. Apparently women my age shouldn’t wear colorful make up that sparkles, but sometimes I’m like: comment image

“I do what I want.”

Bina
Bina

When it comes to MRAs and their “thoughts”, women are damned if we do and damned if we don’t. So, by logical extension, our attitude to what they want should be a resounding FUCK THAT NOISE, followed by us doing whatever the hell we feel like: Wear makeup, or not, entirely of our own free will.

(And if non-MRA dudes want to wear makeup, that’s fine with me, too. In fact, I quite like it.)

epitome of incomprehensibility

@Lea – Ha ha, that’s awesome. I want a glitter helmet now (provided I get a space to see and breathe).

@Lea

You be as sparkles as you want. You deserve to be the classiest looking discoball of us all.

Haters gonna hate because you’re so fab.

Lea
Lea

In other me news:
I had to lose the vivid color in my hair for my new job. I thought I’d miss it, but not so much. Happily, the platinum blonde I’m rocking suits me just fine. I got my first compliment on it tonight. (Damn but people around here are friendly.)

…aaaand it turns out staying friends may have been a nice little fantasy I invented for myself. (Apparently I’m the BEST at that.) The immaturity that was once endearing, then wearing thin, then mildly irritating, then something to love past, then a deal breaker is now just fucking obnoxious. Like, people who talk during movies obnoxious, but if you recently found out those people ruined your credit. That kind of obnoxious.
*sigh*
*shrug*
*sips generic soda*
This too shall pass and that friends thing probably won’t be as difficult as it feels right now. But tonight I’m contemplating making a little voodoo doll with a dog tick where the heart should be and popping it in the microwave.

Anyway, I’m a little wiser, I gotta job and the hair really is super cute. I didn’t think there was any way I’d pull it off but I got it toned just right and it’s shweeet. So, that’s a relief. with hair this cute, I can definitely take on the world.

All in all I’m feelin kinda…

Lea