alpha males red pill reddit

Red Pill dudes agree: Volunteering can totally be alpha, just as long as you don’t help poor people. Or kittens.

Hold frame and do not give in to this kitten's devious "I want food" shit test.
Kitten shit-testing a human. Hold frame and do not give in!

So one public-spirited gentleman who calls himself retturd has a question for the alpha dudes of the Ask The Red Pill subreddit: Is volunteering seen as blue pill? Retturd assures the assembled color-of-pill experts that “I love volunteering and helping people in general.” He just worries that being so helpful might be seen as terribly beta.

The regulars assure him that volunteering is perfectly fine for alphas. As long as they’re careful about just who they are helping. Helping old dudes and learning from their old-school alpha ways? Perfect. Helping poor people? Not so much:

abdada 11 points 6 hours ago  All men should have a cause that they actively do but don't talk about.  I volunteer at an old folk's home 2-3 weeks every year. It isn't charity; I learn freely from hanging out with old dudes.  But having a cause that is your own isn't beta. Helping others can be construed as white knighting, so you have to define what your limits in charity are.  I won't help poor people most of the time because I don't see many of them changing. I define my limits on my charity because it is my time and it is my money (sometimes) I am investing in others, not just throwing around freely.

Also, helping kittens is right out, unless you’re Elon Musk. Or at the very least a sharp-dressed swole dude.

ghrelly 2 points 4 hours ago  No single action is either blue pill or red pill.  Red pill is all about people's perception of you.  If Elon Musk started volunteering at an animal shelter with kittens, people would not think any less of him cause his SMV is so high that they perceive his action in a positive light.  On the other hand, if you have a mediocre job, not social, dressed shittly, didn't work out, and volunteer to raise kittens, people will probably see you as a beta.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT KITTENS, BRO?

maghavan
maghavan

@sn0rkmaiden & @rugbyyogi

Depends on the wine. Nothing is more alpha than Three-Penis Wine

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Also, the OP, if you look back through his history, turns out to be a bit of a racist. He’s also an atheist who recently went to the ex-Mormon subreddit to ask if he should convert to Mormonism, apparently so he could find himself a virgin wife or something.

*sigh*

I should know better than to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I retract my earlier hopes that the OP would move along from r/TheRedPill. Altruistic tendencies or no, he’s obviously right where he belongs.

maghavan
maghavan

@limesweet:
Well done! You win a fruit tea of your choice.

@maghavan:
He did, but not at the time that picture was taken.

davidknewton
davidknewton

Imagine having a self-identity so frail that you have to question every moment of your life if what you’re doing fits the personality you want to project. Imagine it! Now stop. That was terrible. Let’s never do that again.

Nequam
Nequam

I sort of feel like the kitten thing was an indirect slap at a terrific guy named John Bartlett, who got a fair bit of internet fame for his online kitten-fostering cam (over at http://livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/). He likes video games and Harley-Davidson motorcycles… and is perfectly content to kiss a kitten on cam in front of hundreds of Internet strangers.

Me, I think he’s forgotten more about what it means to be a man than these chucklefucks will ever know.

You may also want to look at the Facebook page for his fostering: https://www.facebook.com/TheCritterRoom

EJ (The Other One)

Reading a little further, it appears that I was wrong and maghavan was right: Churchill did leave the army in 1900 after a long period of only nominally being a member anyway. However soon afterwards he joined the Yeomanry (for Americans, read ‘National Guard’) so was still technically military. Not that wearing a giant Napoleonic hussar uniform was normal for the army, of course: Britain has Imperial standards but we also have understated dignity, dash it.

My apologies, maghavan. Have a fruit tea yourself.

sunnysombrera

After encouraging his followers to not see a therapist unless they follow Red Pill philosophy, Elam has now dropped his alternative plan: get counselling from him. Which means that men will finally get to talk about their feelings learn SELF RESPECT for themselves!

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@EJ – Yowza. That must have been a real step down for Churchill when he traded in the fur busby for the homburg.

Here’s a flashy 18th century guy, lowering his SMV by sitting like a beta:
comment image

Oh hey, since alphas like to argue that it’s uncomfortable for them to sit with their legs together due to their humongous Fort Knox reserves of liquid gold, does that mean mammarily gifted women get to spread their arms wide and take up all the armrests?

maghavan
maghavan

@EJ (The Other One)

Yeah, he looks a little young in that pic.

I, possibly erroneously, inferred that you were basically calling the person in the pic a chickenhawk/poseur and just wanted to point out WC did serve and fight as a young adult.

Oh Shit! Is explaining yourself beta? I mean, piss off you wanker!!!!! Is that more alpha? Please … somebody tell me. The anxiety is killing me. Damn! Anxiety is so beta. I mean, are you looking at me?? I’ll kick your ass punk!!!!!

fromafar2013

I apologize if this gets posted twice, but I think my last post either went to moderation (?) or got ate by wordpress.

@ Nequam

Thanks for posting that! I hadn’t heard of him. That reminds me of Jackson Galaxy of “My Cat from Hell” fame. Total beta 😉 *swoons*

sn0rkmaiden

@Sunnysombrera,

‘An Ear For Men’??? When I first saw that title I thought it must be a hoax.

limesweet
limesweet

@EJ, thanks, I’ll go with peppermint

opium4themasses

@sunnysombrero Wow. Males me think of Going Clear and how they used info from sessions to black mail people into staying.

Dave80
Dave80

God these guys are so pathetic. I know it’s been noted but is there anything less “alpha” (dumbass concept that it is) than being absolutely pathetically obsessed with what everyone thinks of every little thing you do? I will answer that; no there is not. Real tough guys I know don’t care.

My 1SG during my first Iraq tour absolutely played the role of grumpy alpha tough guy (not a hit on him it’s the role of a 1SG) but absolutely lit up like a Xmas tree when it came to dealing with children and kittens. And it cost him zero credit with everyone actually more respect. These sad sacks are too pathetic to realize that though. I do feel sorry for a good portion of them but they don’t make it easy to.

sunnysombrera

Oh shit, opium, you’re right. Where is Paulie’s assurance of confidentiality? He isn’t an actual factual counsellor governed by a body, he’s literally just some dude on the internet who promises to stroke egos.

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants:
THOSE GOLD PANTS THO *swoon*

@sunnysombrera:
…that’s horrible. That’s the worst thing I’ve seen all day. Ugh. I feel physically ill now.

@maghavan:
If explaining yourself is beta, we can be betas together. Being alpha sounds like something to avoid.

LeighW
LeighW

Off topic, but for the love of God people, SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!!

I logged onto FB this morning and my feed is flooded with people trying to unload unwanted kittens and puppies. Some people need to be kicked in the nuts/vag just for being stupid and irresponsible.

toni
toni

Where did all of this alpha beta stuff come from? They do realize they are the only ones who seem to care about it…right?

sunnysombrera

Oh God. Paulie’s manifesto per se on how he plans to help men with his counselling sessions.
1) No emotions.
2) “Practical” methods towards fixing problems.

Look at this steaming pile of bullshit right here:

The simple articulation of feelings is not a panacea for anyone. For task and performance oriented men it is a sometimes useful effort which has been inflated in importance past the point of any sensibility. Add to that the fact that larger mental health community has consciously divorced itself from any concern about how men are affected by things like divorce, parental alienation, abusive partners, false accusations and the like.

[Citation needed]

sunnysombrera

I don’t think I want to know what his “relationship advice” will look like.

Binjabreel

Holy shit, does he actually think that therapists don’t know how divorce affects men?

Yep, cause no therapist has ever been divorced. No way any of us could know what that’s like. Seriously, how fucking delusional can you be? It’s like he’s setting his followers up to fail, telling them to never see a therapist so they’ll never find out he’s lying to them about it.

Ugh. It’s so fucking predatory I’m even more disgusted than usual.

Spindrift
Spindrift

This obsession with false accusations is really out of control, Paulie. What’s it say about you and the people like you if it’s such a major fear of yours that someone’s going to “falsely” accuse you of rape? Just be honest and go all roosh already, it’s obvious to everyone that you just want rape (or at least all rape by white/straight/male rapists) to be legal, cause you think men should be allowed to ignore lack of consent and suffer no consequences for doing so.

sunnysombrera

A story from the blog tells, in Paul’s words, the suicide of a man who killed himself and his girlfriend because she was cheating on him (the man also tried to kill her lover but he survived). I’m not sure how to paraphrase the way Elam wrote the piece but it is not how you and I might see the situation.

Cheating is wrong and awful and heartbreaking for the one being cheated upon, but Elam COMPLETELY ignores that ‘Johnny’ MURDERED SOMEONE. Cheating doesn’t deserve death! But Paul being Paul, he rants against a “gynocentric” system that is “driving” men to do such things. That women too, drive men to do such things.

Two excerpts:

79% of all suicides are men. Yet all this has been rewritten with misandric ink. It has been revised by scholars who tell us men are bad, by psychologists whose main field of work seems to be recommending divorce, complete with male scapegoat, as a cure all for women for whatever petty dissatisfactions they feel about their mates. And it has been inculcated into the consciousness of our family law system, driving men to despair and despondency on levels never before seen in history.

We need Dads to teach their sons, not “how to treat a woman,” but how to hold their own with them. We don’t need to teach them to “take care of their woman,” but to only accept one who demonstrates the character and integrity to be trusted, from the start.

And we need to teach them how rare that is in modern life. More than anything else, we need to teach them how to let women go, and watch them as they grow up to make sure they can do it. And we need Dads to role model that, in their own families with their own wives. In other words, we need to do a lot of things that we are not doing.

I know men have struggles. Male suicide is terrible. But yet again, Elam’s only ‘solution’ to their suffering is MGTOW. That’s all it ever is.

Yes Artistically
Yes Artistically

I read a few comments on Paulie’s “article” and one commenter, Seax, says:

“I think this will help to end ‘..but what are you doing for men’? complaints.”

Made me laugh a little..so many of those commenters just can’t stop talking about feminism and feminists.

yutolia
yutolia

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a population so concerned with what everyone else thinks about them (and yes, that does include the stereotypical/movie version of extremely insecure white teenage girls).

ktward

The user’s handle is retturd. On reddit. And he’s* asking Red Pill-ers (!) what they think about an activity that is generally considered a self-less act.

Anyone else but me suspect retturd is simply fucking with them?

*for all I know, retturd is a she.

weirwoodtreehugger

In other words, Paulie is really pissed off that women can leave their abusive marriages.

MRA to English translation: fathers need to teach their sons how to abuse women and how to find a woman who is vulnerable to abuse.

Mizuki
Mizuki

I’m far too happily surprised that I knew the picture was of Winston Churchill. Like limesweet, I don’t know how I know that. Also who is Elon Musk? I’ve been reading this blog for a while and I don’t recall coming across him before.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Elam is also selling an ebook he cowrote that claims to tell women how to get rid of their boyfriend’s “crazy”* ex. Because MRAs think that even dealing with other people’s messy breakups is women’s work.

*I know women can be abusive and toxic, but the “crazy ex” is a misogynistic trope. Knowing Elam, he probably means a woman who wants child support.

weirwoodtreehugger

Usually when men go on and on about how crazy their ex is, it means he was acting like an asshole and she decided not to take it. Most of the men I’ve met who genuinely had an ex who treated him poorly are hurt and then move on. When men are discussing women, crazy is usually code for a woman who has her own opinions and doesn’t take to being pushed around. It usually has nothing to do with the actual state of her mental health.

EJ (The Other One)

Re “crazy exes”: I think it’s probably more likely a consequence of what sort of women Red Pillers choose to date and how they choose to treat them. If one gets involved with a vulnerable younger woman, terrorises her into codependence and then abandons her when she starts to assert herself / gets too old / breaks down entirely, then for her to act unreasonably is what you’d expect.

Fuck the Red Pill.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

*ticks off “Believes that psychiatrists and psychologists are evil” checkbox on the “Is this group a full-fledged cult?” list*

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“Crazy ex” also commonly refers to women who’ve been raped or abused in the past. Regardless of how she’s handled it or if she’s even mentioned it more than once.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

… Y’know what, “Misandric Ink” is the perfect nickname for my Inkling Girl Amiibo. Thanks, Elam, now I can play the DLC challenges!

Moocow
Moocow

Unbelievable bullshit. I was abused by a woman who cheated on her boyfriend with me, went so far as to tell me she loved me and fantasized about living with me all while gaslighting me for being upset by the whole situation. If it weren’t for my psychiatrist, I’m not sure where I’d be today considering my group of (now ex-) friends all abandoned me and took her side.

@wordsp1nner

Yup! My ex is not crazy, she is simply a morally- and ethically-challenged asshole who likes to rationalize away her problems (and has been on the receiving end of abuse herself). I despise it when assholes try to justify their misogynistic behavior as the result of ‘some crazy ex’.

zennurse
zennurse

Sorry, this is OT but hadn’t seen it here.

Nobel prize winner and his problem with “girls” in the lab. Apparently they fall in love with you and then they cry. Condescending dinosaur.

Orion

I had to double-take to spot it, but Elam isn’t actually offering “counseling.” He’s offering “consulting.” Because alpha.

I can see it now. “See a therapist? No way man, therapy is for chicks. I’ll just check in with my mental health consultant.”

Binjabreel

And, holy crap, there’s already a “no emotions” and “provides practical solution-based advice” type of therapy- it’s fuckin behavioral-cognitive therapy.

He’s not even offering anything new.

sunnysombrera

MRA inconsistency number 3057:

“Men TRY to talk about their feelings, but women don’t let them!”

“I’ve got a consultancy service going but you can’t talk about your feelings because Real Men don’t do girly stuff like that!”

Granted Elam himself stayed consistent. The other AVFMers though, probably agree with his “No Emotions” policy, right after complaining that feeemales are the meeeean ones that pick on men for expressing themselves.

bekabot

Here’s a flashy 18th century guy, lowering his SMV by sitting like a beta

He is not either sitting like a beta, he’s showing off his SMV by flaunting his thoroughbred flanks. That was an alpha move when George IV was King.

Game is not constant, any more than anything else. Today we play poker and not piquet and while the basic objective is unchanged (“let’s win”) the specific rules aren’t what they were in 1800. Ends versus means, after all. Even if this is a concept beyond the grasp and ken of most Redpillians, persons who are provided with an awareness that time passes may admit it into their consciousness without harm. Or so one would expect.

EJ (The Other One)

He’s not even offering anything new.

That makes me feel better than the alternative: that Paul Elam has invented, using his manbrain, a new and hitherto-undiscovered form of therapy that will totally work because of logics and evopsych.

Misha

Colour me unsurprised that Paulie’s offering his own ‘consultancy’ service. He even refers to it as ‘My practice’, and says it is ‘open to all men from all walks of life, including all members of the gay, bisexual and transgender communities’. Because AVFMers have such a fantastic track record of dealing thoughtfully and sensitively with the issues faced by these groups*

I think Elam used to be an alcohol and substance misuse counsellor, and came across domestic violence issues fairly frequently (on the part of the men he was counselling, from what I remember). Somehow his experience of working with abusers caused him to conclude that it was all women’s fault.

*Yes Janet Bloomfield, I’m looking at you: http://www.donotlink.com/framed?693786

sunnysombrera

…he actually began to believe what his abuser clients were telling him? Fuck a duck, Paul was one shitty-ass counsellor.

Misha

Also, on the ‘Ear for Men’ page (holy crap, that name makes my day), there’s a screed on why it’s so important that AEFM remains a male only space, no women allowed, absolutely not, we need services designed specifically and only for men, this is a safe space for men, MEN ONLY. Then in the comment’s section someone gives a women’s name and asks if the policy applies to her. And Paul’s like, “Nope, she’s good. I like her” .

I find this unintentionally hilarious.

Ear for Men?

theluckyfrog

If you’re having alpha problems, I feel sorry for you son, I’ve got 99 problems and trying to determine what is “alpha” so I don’t look uncool to other losers on the internet who are the only ones who conform to this bizarrely limited and destructive worldview I’ve decided to adhere to instead of doing things that improve my life or make me happy ain’t one.

Jimmy
Jimmy

I can’t stand the “crazy ex” thing. How many times have I had to listen to some completely unaware monster complain on and on about their “crazy ex” only to hear this exact phrase while I sat there feigning sympathy at what they had to “endure.”
“Well, I only cheated on her ONCE!”
No kidding. That bomb ALWAYS dropped.

sunnysombrera

There’s always an underlying story when it comes to the tales of “My Crazy Ex”.

“My crazy ex used to start fights over every little thing!”

Translation: “I tried to control everything my ex did, from where she went to what she ate, and she would object and insist that she do what she wanted to do, then we’d argue. Bitch!”