alpha males antifeminism davis aurini entitled babies evil SJWs ha ha I tricked you jordan owen kitties men who should not ever be with women ever sarkeesian!

The Sarkeesian Effect Trailer is out at last! Watch it here!

Cinema history is being made today! Just not here.
Cinema history is being made today! Just not here.

The wait is over! The Sarkeesian Effect Trailer is out at last! So, without further ado, here it is:

Sorry for any confusion. “The Sarkeesian Effect Trailer” is the name of my new 43 second long film, starring the top of my head, and a very special guest I was lucky to be able to have the opportunity to film: my cat Sweetie Pie Jonus. (My other cat, Pantz, was in the other room.)

I handled the audio and the cinematography. My cats helped with the set dressing.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Oh, and by the way, The Sarkeesian Effect: Official Trailer #1 is also out as well. You know, the one put together by those other guys. You’ll be pleased to see that The Empty Pizza Box made the final cut!

I have to say, those guys don’t really seem to know what they’re doing.

Glad you’re happy about the casting decision!

Now, all you need to do is wire $5000 to Owen and Aurini and you’ll likely get the part!

That’s how all movies do it so it’s not strange, nope.

Also, why does the mobile full page have all the HTML codes you can use in the forum, but the full site on desktop doesn’t? It would save a lot of head aches…

misseb47

Awesome! I will send them the money right now! Just kidding. XD I would rather actually buy something. There are a couple awesome lenses that I want for my camera. The SEL90M28G macro lens

and the SAL70300G zoom lens. This lens is an A mount, but I have an A mount to E mount converter.

Unfortunately they are both currently out of stock, even though the macro lens is not even out yet. 🙁 I am not sure how that even works. I couldn’t even pre-order it. 🙁

I know nothing of camera, but all the bits and bobbles look like it should make some clear pictures.

BTW, going to be trying Xbox Gold for the first time. I have a huge update to download, though. 🙁

misseb47

They do! Macro lenses can get really close. Awesome for photographing bugs, flowers and water drops. They make good portraits as well.
comment image

I’m also interested in photographing birds and stuff, but the lens I have atm (SEL55210B 100-210mm) is not quite powerful enough for it. I need one that goes up to least 300mm zoom. It came with the camera so it was a great deal at the time, but now I am looking for something better.

🙁 That sucks. I hate the huge updates. They take FFFFOOOORRRRREEEVVVVEEEERRRR. Let me know who it goes once you can actually use it. I’m sure it will be awesome. 😀

YoullNeverGuess

– Thought haver

– Soap user

– Ex-sunburn owner

misseb47

YoullNeverGuess- It’s good to know that you have thoughts and that you have basic hygiene skills. XD Maybe you should add ‘sunscreen user’ to that list? LOL! XD Sunburn sucks!

Whoa. Those pictures. That’s…whoa…

And the update is the heists for GTA V. Should be good, hopefully done within the next hour since its about half way done.

Omigod, that spider has a dew drop on its head and I want it!

Oh, no, wait. It’s a spider. Nvm.

misseb47

Pandapool-“Such detail and so small. You’d be able to capture the true horrorificness of ladybugs easily with that thing.”

I know! The shots that they can take are so amazing. I want that lens ssooo bad!! WWAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! But seriously, I have been stuck with a handy down compact camera for many years and now that I finally have a decent camera, I just can’t wait for a proper macro lens. I want one so badly that it hurts! 🙁

“Omigod, that spider has a dew drop on its head and I want it!

Oh, no, wait. It’s a spider. Nvm.”

LOL! I never thought that spiders could be cute, but apparently some are. O.o

“And the update is the heists for GTA V. Should be good, hopefully done within the next hour since its about half way done”

YAY! 😀

There’s nothing better than seeing your pictures so clear and with so much more detail, especially since its easier to work with in Photoshop. Lol

YoullNeverGuess

@misseb47 – I’ve already accomplished so much. Maybe in the future I’ll have time to be a sunscreen applicant. For the time being, I need to maintain my status as a soap user. I didn’t even mention that I’m a Flosser. A DAILY Flosser!

YoullNeverGuess-LOLNESS!!!! XD

Pandapool-YEAH! 😀

skybison
skybison

@ misseb47

“LOL! I never thought that spiders could be cute, but apparently some are. O.o”

[img]http://beforeitsnews.com/mediadrop/uploads/2013/38/6e637f44f5be607fa0a1f4c54006c4eae32d9909.jpg[/img]

[img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/26b1cacbf5db07083877ee16a730d03b/tumblr_ms7blsDCx41qfniewo1_500.gif[/img]

skybison
skybison

Shoot, how do you post images here?

Replace those brackets with the triangle ones like in HTML.

skybison
skybison

Thanks

Omigod it looks like it has a little orange sweat band.

Hambeast, Social Justice Road Warrior
Hambeast, Social Justice Road Warrior

David, did you do something to your voice in that video or is that what you sound like? Either way, it’s great!

@wwth:

It’ll be a travesty if they don’t get the Oscar for best documentary s/

Maybe they can find some puppies of some emotional persuasion to help with that.

skybison
skybison

@ Pandapod

Well of course, you need a sweat band if you hit the dance floor as much as they do

skybison-OMG so adorable! <3 Cuteness overload! *faints*

Sparklemuffin.

Sparklemuffin.

My god.

Moocow
Moocow

I signed a truce with spiders long ago, after discovering that they prey on mosquitoes. There are few things that I hate more in this world than mosquitoes.

Omigod ladies get the best intro in GTA Online.

House spiders!

It took me a second, Katz, it took me a second.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Misseb47
They are actually kinda cute

Skybison
Aww! ::waves back::

Panda pool
Sparklemuffin!? So cuuuute! <3
I'm playing vogue by Madonna in my head while watching these little guys dance

Spindrift
Spindrift

Me:

-attempted gardener
-mosquito victim
-appreciator of 80’s music
-picky eater
-occasional cloud observer
-infrequent liar
-colour vision haver
-appendix owner

alaisvex
alaisvex

Wait…

The entire movie is just going to be them interviewing people from the manosphere whining about how awful Anita Sarkeesian is, plus one bit where Jordan Owen appears to be hoping that he can find her house? I mean, I didn’t expect more, but I’m surprised that the trailer is being so honest that that’s all that there is. Also, seconding everyone who was terrified by Paul Elam’s stare.

th1stle
th1stle

Where to begin…

They decided that sitting sideways in an awkward manner in front of the camera was the way to go. Hmmm… See, they could have been off screen asking questions like the family segments in Intervention, but I guess they really wanted to be in the film as much as humanly possible. If that was the case, they could have interviewed like a news program in shot-reverse-shot, but then they would have needed two cameras… Too pricey? I guess Davis needed that car more…

Meanwhile, little to no set-dressing (Davis, where is your pet skull, McArthur?!) proper lighting, or the use of microphones (I can’t tell if Karen is talking or croaking.) And what is up with the background music?! Herbie Hancock did it a trillion time better with lesser technology 30 years ago!

So, MRAs, red-pillers, anti-feminists, GamerGaters, Sarkeesian haters, this is what you get when you hand over your hard-earned cash to slack-jawed yokels: a mess!

Gallogly

….And here’s a contextless soundbite from Paul Elam. Paul?

It’s always about money and ideology. I think money first, ideology a close second.

Is he talking about Sarkeesian? Gamergate? His philosophy behind operating AVFM?

misseb47

Pandapool-Sparklemuffin is too adorable for words. XD

Wetherby
Wetherby

I loled when Alex Hinkley was billed as a “Wikipedia editor.” It’s like they felt obligated to have two bylines for him, so they pulled one of them out of their asses. I mean, hell, I’m a Wikipedia editor. Isn’t everyone?

I once LOLed at a guy boasting that he was “published by The Spectator almost every day”. You can probably guess what this means – and I’ll give you a clue: it didn’t involve formal commissions of pieces intended for the print edition. In fact, it was the exact equivalent of claiming that my writing is regularly featured on We Hunted The Mammoth.

As for the trailer, dear oh dear. I was so mesmerised by the interviewers’ various tics and their bizarre dress sense that I barely took in what their interviewees were saying. I shoot a lot of interviews for my day job, and I never, ever appear on camera if I can possibly help it – indeed, my first job when I get into the edit suite is to scrub all evidence of my involvement from the soundtrack as well. And this isn’t just out of demure modesty, it’s because the interviewee is the most important element and so I need to concentrate the viewer’s attention entirely on zir. Underlighting aside, the Paul Elam segment is one of the only ones that looks as though it belongs in a proper documentary.

natasha
natasha

Did anyone else notice the not-so-subtle interviewing of two women and a black guy before interviewing like 10 guys in succession of each other?

Oh, and I thought that GG had nothing to do with women or feminism? Lol

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Speculation time: What species of small animal left that bite mark on Elam’s hand?

John the Otter.

proxieme
proxieme

@panda – I farkin love Sparklemuffin ♡

I came to appreciate (most) spiders when we moved into some mitary housing in Alabama that had a yard overrun with black and brown widows* (really…it was horrid…if I were to describe the horror movie levels you wouldn’t belive me) and began a systematic campaign to help other wildlife reclaim the space.
Are you any spider but a widow?
You may live.
Are you a different predatory bug (praying mantis, etc)?
In the back yard for you.
Anole? Are you an adorable little lizard?
I have just the garden for you.

I also learned that certain household chemicals make their egg sacks melt.

We were there for three years. By the time we left, I’d gotten the widow population down to non-horrific levels.

There are still only three (local) spiders I’ll kill around our property:
Black widows.
Brown Recluses.
These wispy little spiders that were never around when I was a kid and I’m 95% sure are a foreign invasive.

Even wolf spiders as big as my hand get to a pass.

/random tangent

Maybe the skull boys should make a documentary about the Sparklemuffin spider.
The travel expenses would justify the funds they’ve raised and even raw footage of this spider would be more interesting than their pontificating.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Here are some of my favorite macro pictures of bugs

Awesome.

BTW, in my country the kind of self-promoting person who hangs gratuitously in front of camera is called a “lens louse” or “louse on the lens” 🙂

opium4themasses

@David For her to even call for a boycott would see these guys buying multiple copies.

Plus, she even had a bit of a disagreement with other feminists about the movie. She received criticism which didn’t involve rape/death threats.

Sorry, typed this up on my phone last night and fell asleep before submitting. More tired than I thought.

Moggie
Moggie

“A Critic Who Cannot Be Criticized”

Lolwut? Anita has been criticised incessantly since the moment she created her Tropes kickstarter. Countless articles and videos have criticised her work (mostly very poorly). Nobody’s freeze peach has been curtailed.

The Cynical American

How much did they get in that kickstarter/patreon? That was some of the WORST audio I’ve ever heard. I mean it would be ok for a “I’m putzing around in my basement” youtube vid. But this is supposed to be their “professional” production.

I mean they even claimed on their patreon page “We already have the equipment to do this properly, but this will allow us to have a full stable of movie making equipment”

Hell, there’s people on youtube making vlogs with a $150 camera and $30 mics that provided better video and sound quality than these two ass-clowns

kellyrtillson

The professions of some of their sources seem a little… weird.
“Sex worker/PhD candidate”? Whaaaaat.
Listing yourself as “Ex-attourney” kind of gives the impression that someone has been stripped from the bar.
“Economist.” Okay.
“Wikipedia editor” is about as valid a “profession” as “Pigeon fancier.”

kellyrtillson
Reply to  Arctic Ape

OMG

Chase Elliott Lara

One of your kitties is named Sweetie Pie Jonus?! You get so many awesome points for that awesome reference!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

“Pigeon fancier.”

I know people buy and sell homing pigeons; but how does that work?

Can you just keep selling the same one over and over as it keeps coming back?

Moggie
Moggie

I used to know someone who fancied pigeons. But, sadly, they didn’t fancy him.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Moggie’s in town all week. Try the veal and don’t forget to tip your waitress! 🙂

ikanreed
ikanreed

I actually agree with them about something.

Anita Sarkeesian’s videos are about ideology. Critically examining media with the context of a specific ideology, which is something she totally fronted way back before she even started producing the videos.

They’re trying to make this out to be something she failed to disclose or carefully hid. Which is baffling.

Feminist MRA
Feminist MRA

Wow.

I went into that video quite skeptical but seeing the interviewers so vigorously nodding along to the statements of the interviewed really made everything they said seem obviously true and believable.

Hey Owen & Aurini, you got me! I’m convinced!

Johanna Roberts

Me: (because i don’t want to miss the fun)
disabled woman