advocacy of violence antifeminism creepy cultural marxism empathy deficit entitled babies evil SJWs literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA racism reactionary bullshit terrorism

Manosphere blogger: Anders Breivik “should have targeted the politicians, media, and bureaucrats, not their children”

Breivik, smirking, after his arrest
Breivik after his arrest

In July of 2011, Anders Breivik set off a bomb in front of government buildings in Oslo, killing 8 people, then gunned down dozens more at a summer camp for the youth league of the Norwegian labor party; in all, 77 people died by his hand. Breivik, a virulent Islamaphobe with a manifesto he wanted to publicize, thought he was striking a blow at the “Cultural Marxists,” multiculturalists, and feminists who, in his mind, were destroying European culture.

On Free Northerner, a far-right manosphere blog run by a self-described “Christian Reactionary,” the regulars are debating if Breivik did their cause more good or harm.

In a post that is equal parts pedantic and pernicious, the anonymous blogger behind the site tries to assess whether or not Breivik was engaged in a “just war” against his foes. Free Northerner argues that

Breivik did have a just cause for war; the rapes, violence, and slow genocide of his people by foreigners and hostile elites are just causes for war, but he was not carrying out a just war.

While Breivik’s cause, in the blogger’s mind, was a noble one, he failed the test for a “just war” by acting alone and targeting youth rather than “legitimate military targets.” Also, Free Northerner laments,

his actions had no real chance of success. Given that propaganda outlets are almost entirely in the hands of his enemies, the most realistic outcome was that his actions would actively hinder his cause.

In order for his attacks to qualify as a just war, Free Northerner suggests, Breivik would have had to rally a significant portion of Norwegians to his cause. And been a bit more picky about his targets:

Given the nature of the conflict in Norway, I think a legitimate case could be made that the ruling elite and politicians are legitimate military targets, but the spawn of the ruling elites were not. He should have targeted the politicians, media, and bureaucrats, not their children.

Good to know just which particular forms of murder are ok with you.

The readers of Free Northerner’s blog aren’t all this squeamish about the whole “indiscriminate killing” thing.

One anonymous commenter, giving himself the name of “A. Breivik,” writes

I don’t agree. Breivik lurks in the subconscious of reactionaries and SJWs alike.

I think a decentralized “lone-wolf” campaign of violence directed at SJWs could have a multiplier effect. Terrorizing weak minded sophists, while inspiring innumerable disaffected members of the majority to finally stand in self defense.

America could sorely use a Breivik or two.

A commenter calling himself Pode decides to do the whole “devil’s advocate” thing, although it’s clear he agrees pretty thorougly with this particular devil.

Argument could be made (not necessarily by me, just advocating for the devil) that the traitorous elites of Norway have in fact declared war, by allowing the invasion, violence, & rape. Thus any member of the Norweigan people would be justified in undertaking a solo mission in that existing civil war … since the war has already begun.

In a followup comment, he added:

Further, compulsory exposure to the content of the public school system could arguably be considered a kidnapping attack on the children of the Norwegians, making their opponents children equally legitimate targets

Commenter Mark Citadel is fine with political assassinations; he just thinks the far-right needs to get a bit more organized about it. Yes, “the Norwegian government is an enemy, like all Western governments,” he argues, but “lone wolf” attacks like Breivik’s can backfire.

Yes, there can be positive effects such as inspiring others, but these are often outweighed by big negatives and tricky moral questions. I think the issue is where do we draw the line? Modernity is the aggressor in this conflict and its adherents are not shy about using violence against us. Where can we respond in kind, and where can’t we. That’s a question that really needs hashing out on the radical right.

But hey, Citadel continues, while Breivik wasn’t really a proper Reactionary, he had some “good instincts,” and picked the right targets. “I do give him props for not blowing up a mosque or something similar,” Citadel writes. “He did actually ‘gore the matador, and not the red sheet’ as I think Jim put it.”

It’s not news that there are those in the right-wing of the manosphere who think Anders Breivik was at least partially on the right track. Shortly after Breivik’s mass murders in 2011, after all, the radical and repellent MRA Peter Nolan wrote that “in different times” Breivik “would be called a hero”; the equally repellant Matt Forney described Breivik’s manifesto as lucid and “sensible,” and a bunch of Men’s Rights Redditors praised excerpts of Breivik’s manifesto before realizing just what it was they were praising.

But it is a little startling to see reactionary manospherians talking so openly, and even enthusiastically, about the pros and cons of murdering their political opponents and/or their children.

Mewens
Mewens

What is it with these reactionary asses and their moral relativism? Sure, Breivik woulda been a hero in a different time. So was Hitler.

For people who are sure there is a Wrong(tm) and a Right(tm), they sure are willing to see a lot of gray.

sparky
sparky

Well, this is terrifying.

weirwoodtreehugger

I didn’t realize Norway was such a hellscape. Here I thought they had some of the lowest crime, poverty, and unemployment rates in the world. Those poor Norwegians. Living under the tyranny of a high quality of life.

Miss Diketon
Miss Diketon

I can’t even say how disgusted I am by this. These people have no shame.

Binjabreel

These people really think trying to have a society that doesn’t condemn interracial marriage is a de facto genocide campaign, don’t they?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

I don’t want to say that all MRAs are neo-Nazis, rapists, paedophiles and/or potential serial killers, but I’m yet to hear about an MRA that wasn’t a neo-Nazi, rapist, paedophile and/or potential serial killer.

ikanreed
ikanreed

@Binjabreel,

Without a hint of irony you have correctly described their beliefs. That is literally a thing they claim frequently.

Sarah
Sarah

Vox Day, who has been going on about his “SJWs always lie” meme for a few weeks now, is on record stating he believes that Breivik will one day be hailed as a hero in Norway.

sunnysombrera

I’m wondering if we should make some reports to the FBI again…

Fnarf

Karl Ove Knausgaard has a profile of Breivik in a recent New Yorker. For me the most shocking thing, besides the horrific murders themselves, was reading that when he was arrested, he was strip-searched, and when he got down to his underpants he started posing, bodybuilder poses. There’s quite a bit there that the poisoned-masculinity set can relate to, I guess. They’re all moral infants. Just recently Breivik was hollering about being “tortured” by not having enough video games.

Binjabreel

Loool oh my god he would end up a GamerGater, wouldn’t he?

freemage

Fnarf | May 29, 2015 at 4:38 pm

I… I had to Google that last one. It was just too perfect to be true.

I am sorry for doubting. It’s true: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/10640466/Anders-Behring-Breivik-threatens-hunger-strike-to-get-better-video-games.html

Mind you, he was threatening a hunger strike that would start “soon” if he didn’t get “more adult video games” and a newer console than a PS 2–back in February. Still no announcement that he’s actually begun it.

The mind, it boggles.

yamamanama
yamamanama

I’m pretty sure Free Northerner is a frequent commenter on Vox Popoli.

Mikki
Mikki

He killed a bunch of children. He’s a pussy through and through. He preyed on the weak and innocent, he deserves no discussion. (Irony I know)

A Wolverine
A Wolverine

Their “white genocide” wank is made infinitely more evil when placed next to their tendency to deny ACTUAL GENOCIDES like The Holocaust/Greek Genocide/The Armenian Genocide/The Belgian Congo/Every other one i can’t remember off the top of my head.

Fuckers are just afraid they’ll start getting treated like they treated too many others.

Sarah
Sarah

My favourite part is when they discuss how “murdering children” could include “tricky moral questions”.

M.
M.

@Mikki

… Please don’t use gendered slurs here. Come on, this is a feminism blog.

M.
M.

And my phone won’t let me post under SFHC for some reason. Oh well.

reymohammed
reymohammed

Basically, children are fair game. They come from cnts. MRAs, on the other hand, hatch from china eggs laid by roosters.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Such ethics.

R. A. Stark

Because the bar has been set so low, can I say that I’m actually impressed that the blogger distinguished between jus ad bellum and jus in bello? There are journalists covering wars who struggle with this.

Of course, the reason I find this impressive is because everything else is so vile and wrong that getting words right seems novel.

sn0rkmaiden

I wish these guys would just own up to the fact that they’re The Baddies, and just start wearing black hats with skulls on. Oh, wait Davis Aurini already has.

@sn0rkmaiden

*hides winter hats that are black with skulls on them; also that one pirate hat*

ColeYote
ColeYote

O_O

I just… humans suck.

Neurite
Neurite

@Mikki, I’m gonna have to agree with M./SFHC – please don’t use “pussy” as an insult. I agree with your assessment of Breivik being, underneath the bravado and machismo and horrific violence, a weak, cowardly loser. But I hope you see that using female* genitalia as a term for weakness is an unfortunate choice.

The point has been made by others before, but I’m gonna quote Chuck Wendig’s lovely quote on why using “pussy” as an insult isn’t just misogynistic, but makes no anatomical sense:

(after the interviewer mentions “growing a pair of balls”) “Balls are actually notoriously weak, far as parts of the body go. I mean, I could catch a wiffle ball in the crotch and double over in misery. The testicles are very sensitive and about as strong as a couple of raw quail eggs rolling around in a set of fishnet stockings. You wanna be hardcore, dang, grow a vagina. Those things are built Ford tough, man. The vagina is like the Incredible Hulk of the human form. It does all the heavy lifting. You ever see a woman give birth to a child? You see that, you’re like, ‘That thing could lift a burning car if it had to.’ If anything, the entire scope of masculine history has been an epic attempt at trying to convince the world that the vagina is tissue paper and our balls are titanium. It’s a huge and ugly ruse.”

*Or rather, genitalia generally assigned “female” by the mainstream; fully aware that not everyone with a vagina/vulva is female.

@Neurite

How to determine the tougher sex:

Have a woman and man kick each other in the crouch and whoever doesn;t throws up wins.

Anders
Anders

I’m not too familiar with Norway–despite being named Anders myself–but I can only assume these rampant “rapes” and “violence” and “invasion” just means that immigrants of color live in Norway. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Never knew that wonderful nordic country was a modern-day war zone.

Neurite
Neurite

@Pandapool:

Eh, I wasn’t really trying to argue that “having the less pain-sensitive set of genitals” is the main determinant of toughness (nor trying to declare than woman = vulva or man = testicles, as noted in my postscript), just that the specific choice of “pussy” as a symbol for weakness and “balls” for toughness is pretty bizarre.

When after all, the end-all be-all criterion of toughness is the possession of better-padded buttocks that allow extended sitting on hard chairs. 😛

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

If there was ever needed an argument against ‘intelligent’ design it has to be boys’ bits.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

Anatomically speaking, the whole “vaginas are tougher than testicles” things is true, but it sort of misses the point. It’s the fact that the balls are weak that makes having them so important, because a Real Man(tm) thrusts out his balls and therefore makes himself vulnerable. He’s providing an easy and painful target and daring people to throw a kick; the bigger they are, the bigger the target. Therefore, he’s tough, since we all know that 1) resistance to physical pain is the only measure of toughness and 2) toughness is the ultimate measure of True Manhood(tm).

@Neurite

It was joke, anyway.

Buuut women would also win the sitting part because women usually have more junk in the badonkadonk and a higher tolerance for pain so…

Neurite
Neurite

@Alan:

Ikr? I mean, you’re evolution, and you’re faced with the problem that the spermatozoa of mammals don’t survive at the high body temperatures of mammals. You could fix this by either a) altering the spermatozoa to tolerate higher temperatures, or b) alter the mammalian body plan to store these biologically quite crucial cells outside the body cavity, in extremely fragile, sensitive, easily damaged structures. Which one do you pick?

If I was an owner of testicles, I’d be kinda pissed at evolution about this one. No quibbles about penises, I suppose they’re quite fun, but external storage of gonads? WTF why.

goodrumo

Reblogged this on iheariseeilearn.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@Nequam

No. NOBODY deserves to be raped, not even monstrous assholes like Breivik.

(I hate having to tell you off in particular because Nequam is my most common username elsewhere, but I’ve seen you obliquely threaten violence a few times now…)

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

And wow, I’m mini-modding all over this thread. Whoops.

Neurite
Neurite

@Pandapool:

Yeah, I realized I was probably taking you too seriously. Hence the comment about hard chairs, which was also meant as a joke… because the fact that women indeed often have more padding in the badonkadonkal area has been brought up as evidence of misandry and anti-male discrimination by whiny MRAs before.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Neurite

It’s weird when you think about it because if there’s one thing that there should be evolutionary pressure *against* it’s easily knackered gonads.

Catalpa
Catalpa

…Even if you are going to argue that educating children not to your liking is somehow a crime, wouldn’t appropriate retaliation consist of handing out informational leaflets on your own terrible beliefs to other people’s kids, not, you know, MURDERING THEM?

@Neurite

Lol wut?

Although, I find the plight of the lack of back in males is saddening, especially since they can’t twerk for crap without it. Just a little more cushion makes a world of difference.

spacelawn

@Catalpa

That would take time and effort, pointing and shooting is always quicker.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

@sunnysombrera:

I do hope the FBI keeps an eye on these sick puppies. But we may do our bit to help them out in it.

@Fnarf:

The New Yorker piece about Breivik’s inexplicable evil is here:

Yes, this is extremely revealing:

The last item concerning Breivik to surface in the news came earlier this year, when he conveyed his intention of suing the government over his prison conditions. This followed a long series of accusations about everything ranging from the fact that his game console hadn’t been properly upgraded from PlayStation 2 to PlayStation 3 to his having been issued an ergonomically incorrect rubber pen that caused hand cramps. “If it were theoretically possible to develop rheumatism, I am convinced that this rubber pen would be capable of causing it,” he wrote. “It is a nightmare of an instrument and I am frustrated by its use.” Because Breivik sees himself as an author, and wants to devote himself to this work in the coming decades, the writing tool is of the utmost importance. “The fact that I must, therefore, envision a future with nothing more than a dysfunctional rubber pen, appears, therefore, as an almost indescribable manifestation of sadism.”

Another one of the most shocking moments, for me, was his fretting, right after his arrest, about a tiny cut on his finger:

“Look, I’m hurt,” he said. “This will have to be bandaged up. I’ve already lost a lot of blood.”
“You’ll get no fucking plasters from me,” muttered the policeman who was taking messages between the interview room and the room next door, where they were in contact with the staff in Oslo.
“I can’t afford to lose too much blood,” Breivik said. “And I’ve lost half a litre already.” He claimed that the blood loss could make him pass out.
Sticking plasters were procured.
While the plasters were being applied, Breivik wondered why he was bleeding. He remembered hitting his finger when he shot a victim in the head at close range. Something had flown into his finger and then popped out again. It must have been a bit of skull, he told the officers in the room.
The cut was logged as five millimetres long. The interrogation could continue.

It is absolutely unsurprising that the manurespherians would choose Breivik as one of their heroes. They are kindred spirits.

Nequam
Nequam

Scented: I didn’t say rape. There’s plenty of nastiness in our prison system without even going there. (You can still object to my comment for other reasons; perfectly fair.)

@Aunt Edna

Wow, fuck, he’s acting like a brat.

I got my PS2 taken away from me because of that once. You know, maybe that should happen to him?

@Nequem

I first read your comment first and I didn’t see anything about rape in it but SFHC comment made me reread it.

I could see how it could be interpreted that way, but you were talking about the prison system, not prison society, so, yeah.

Bazia
Bazia

“Modernity is the aggressor in this conflict and its adherents are not shy about using violence against us.”

Really? How about some proof? For a change? These folks have been projecting so long and so hard about their violence, they seem to believe the people they hate (schoolchildren, feminists, liberals, modern people) are violent toward the,.

So let’s see a cite. A single one. Just one. Otherwise you know…you’re just a lying asshole looking for an excuse to hurt people.

Bazia
Bazia

That comma from Bazia should be an “m”, sorry.

Criticaldragon1177

David Futrelle

So “Men’s Rights Activists” are praising Brevik, and one thinks what he did would have been fine if he had just targeted politicians and people in the Media? More proof that it isn’t a right’s movement.

Lea
Lea

Some guys have cushy tushies. They’re cute too. comment image

misseb47
misseb47

Due to the history of these MRA douchnozzels hero worshiping mass murderous, I am not surprised about this. Not one bit. I wonder if it has occurred to them that 77 real people have died because of this man? That they have families and friends miss them and are left heart broken? These people have no conscience, no empathy.