Uncategorized

Toronto police investigating PUA who posted video saying a woman should be “stabbed and cut up into tiny pieces”

Screenshot of what appears to be xsouldeath's Twitter account
Screenshot of what appears to be xsouldeath’s Twitter account

Well, this is pretty freaking disturbing. Metronews.ca reports that

Toronto police are looking closely at video of a Toronto pick-up artist who filmed himself muttering about stabbing a girl who turned him down. …

“She deserves to f**kin’ like stabbed and cut up into tiny pieces for that s**t,” he says. “Like, I would f**king take her and her boyfriend and all her f**king friends down. F**king worthless pieces of s**t. She thinks she’s all that, just because she has the looks and s**t. I’ll show all these little bitches one day.”

In a second clip, [“xsouldeath”] appears to try to purchase a knife from a grocery store.

After news of this began to spread, someone who described himself as

E.J., the head coach of TdotPickup, a group that holds PUA bootcamps and coaching in the Yonge and Dundas area, called Metro Monday evening after speaking with xsouldeath. He said some of his comments had been misunderstood.

“This whole thing about getting them back, all he was talking about is basically getting them back by getting a really good-looking girl and rubbing it in their face,” he said.

Apparently, there is some mysterious language that resembles English in which “she deserves to f**kin’ like stabbed and cut up into tiny pieces for that s**t” actually means “rubbing it in their face.”

As for talking about stabbing a woman and cutting her up, E.J. said xsouldeath is not the type of person to do that.

So reassuring.

The video in which xsouldeath talks about looking for a knife at a grocery store was taken out of context, E.J. said. “Basically the whole reason he was asking for this knife was to find the cutlery section and they were not really understanding the English,” he said.

And then there was this plot twist:

Update:  xsouldeath, the creator of the YouTube videos, appears to be EJ, the head coach of TdotPickup.

Creepy as hell.

While xsouldeath’s YouTube channel has been taken down, what appears to be his Google+ profile is still up (I’ve archived it here). In addition to posts about his own videos and a wide assortment of popular Youtube “prank” videos, xsouldeath posts videos from other PUAs as well as from antifeminist “philosopher” and self-described Men’s Rights Activist Stefan Molyneux and from obsessively antifeminist Youtuber Bane666au, whose frequently hour-long videos feature him as a talking skull in a pitcher of Koolaid.

What appears to be his Twitter account has been made private.

On the Toronto subreddit, meanwhile, someone  writes:

I’ve known this person since High School. There are some stories I would rather not share about him on this page to save him dignity. But he needs Help. I am just really creeped out to approach him anymore.

I’ll post more later as the story develops.

opium4themasses

@binjareel This search for an explanation works as systemic racism in a way though. As others have noted, they don’t look for an explanation in cases where the accused is a person of color, probably because they see the race as explanation enough. I don’t want to pretend I don’t have the same thoughts at times, but being confronted over unexamined racism and ableism has really helped me.

I guess considering the news in the OP, the response of the police is the best news to be expected.

I remember being upset with women for not giving a clear no in the past. However, the same fears I have in asking out a woman are included in the fears women have in rejecting a man. (Expressed as Heteronormative, because I dont want to pretend I fully understand the different way this plays out for all sexualities.) Turns out empathy for the plight of others has helped me more gracefully deal with rejection.

Sorry I am rambly, just seeing this brings up thoughts about times when I was an asshole. Not this bad. Fuck though this creeps me out.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@Binjabreel:
That is an interesting sociological effect, you’re right. Since the PUA community is an internet thing, everyone might end up applying their own local standards to it, meaning that race may end up not being a factor or may end up being disagreed over. That might be worth watching.

Lea
Lea

HI, SFHC!
I still don’t know what’s going on with me, but I definitely fit under the umbrella of “crazy”. Even the doctors and therapists I’ve been to over the last 25 yrs haven’t been able to agree on a diagnosis. I hardly think some stranger online is going to give me an accurate diagnosis.

Also, I have managed not to rape, murder or be a disgusting bigot.

Did you know anemia, calcium and vit D deficiency can mess you up in a staggering variety of ways and that some PTSD thrown in there will not help the situation? Yet, I have only recently actually had, at my insistence, a blood test that verified those as causes for all sorts of symptoms. That’s likely due to the stigma that was attached to me upon the first misdiagnosis.
Did you know too much antidepressant will make that shit worse? I do now.
Did you know that rapid weight gain can be a sign that your body thinks you are starving to death? I do now. All those symptoms could have one easily fixed cause, but once declared “crazy” you will always get the side eye, even from medical professionals.

Here is the really fucked up part: My brain is an organ. Should my symptoms be caused entirely by chemical imbalance not solely happening in my brain I will no longer be called “crazy”. Yet the problem is no less physiological if it is. I will still be on medications the rest of my life, just as if the chemical imbalance had to do with serotonin instead of nutrition. It is no more a moral failing if the sickness is due to lack of dopamine reuptake inhibitors ect.

No one sees a murder and says, “Well, they’re clearly diabetic” or “His body must be eating his bones to stay alive”. Nope, only mental illness gets equated with being dangerous.

It is triggering to me and I need it to stop.

Bina
Bina

In the Metro article, I noticed that the screenshot of his YouTube channel shows him* in a video of an “Indian desi guy” trying on various too-blue-to-be-true** contact lenses. The Portuguese have something like 4-5 centuries’ experience as colonists in India. Maybe he’s Indo-Portuguese? Funny that he’d choose to emphasize the one on Twitter, the other on YouTube. And in the context of disguises and pseudonyms, too, no less.

*And if that’s NOT him, it sure looks like him. The facial shape and profile are the same.

**Nobody, of any complexion, has “sapphire blue” eyes; it’s a shade that human irises don’t come in. I doubt this look would fool anyone. But how typically PUAish to make a bid for attention that way. Peacocking, y’all!

Lea
Lea

Bina,
There are black people with very blue eyes. I want to say it happens on a certain island especially but as I can’t name it, you may consider me wrong.

Lea
Lea

The internalized racism in people like Rogers is really toxic, isn’t it? Almost white but not quite seems to do something to people who aren’t getting the privilege they think they should have for being closer to passing as the oppressor class than others.
-Isms are the worst. They hurt people in so many nasty ways.

@sevenofnine

I did say that he shouldn’t be labled one way or the other. If he’s I’ll, he needs help. If he’s not he needs to be charged, tried according to Canadian law. Hopefully they’ll catch him soon, before he does any real harm.

And for the record guys like this who consider killing or doing harm to people out of spite and unwarranted rage are not entitled assholes.

Entitled assholes are the guys who spill their drinks women in excuse to grope them, or stare at their breasts rather than looking women in the eye when they talk. That’s an entitled asshole.

The Isla Vista and Montreal murders? That was the work of souless fucking monsters who turned in their humanity card and whose names should be tossed on the ash heap of history, never to be remembered.

To everyone who is stating this guy is crazy and defending their right to say it because reasons:

What good is it saying that he needs mental help on this website, then? Like, really, what is it going to do if we call him crazy and shit? A bunch of anonymous commenters on a website mocking misogynist does what good to determine his mental state?

I mean, tell us why and how us saying he has a mental problem helps anything at all. Enlighten us.

sevenofmine

Penny:

Which is a completely banal observation. Of course he needs help if he’s mentally ill. Of course he needs to be charged with a crime. This “is he mentally ill” wankery adds exactly nothing to the discussion, other than causing distress to actually mentally ill people who are sick to the teeth of being thrown under the bus like this.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” – George Santayana.

Orion

Could be both, you know? He might need psychological help and ALSO need to be arrested and charged.

SevenofNine

“How the fuck is thinking murder and dismemberment is a proportional response to being rejected by a woman not entitlement? He thinks he’s entitled to actually take this person’s life because she wouldn’t fuck him. WORDS!”

Because, ‘entitled asshole’ (the entire phrase) doesn’t go far enough. Someone decides to do harm in the fashion we’re talking about goes far beyond the context of some whiny man-child who doesn’t know what to do with his hormones and thus treats women like shit.

“No. They are human. They are us. They are your neighbor that you always thought was a nice guy. We remember what they did so we can work out how to stop it happening again. We don’t get to revoke their humanity cards. We fucking own them.”

The moment they decided to take a human lives out of malice they choose to stop being human. These guys aren’t much different than any other terrorists. And they are terrorists. They dehumanize themselves and became monsters by dint of their own actions.

And yes, I’m well aware of the “banality of evil”, it would be nice if these guys were easy to spot, but they aren’t.

weirwoodtreehugger

Othering these people and calling them monsters just sweeps the causes of their violence under the rug. If we call them bad apples who just aren’t human anymore, we ignore the culture of toxic masculinity and misogyny that got them to this point.

SFHC

I know the quote well, and figured someone would drag it up. Not suggesting we don’t remember what they did. But their names don’t deserve to live on. They don’t deserved to be remembered for themselves only their crimes.

WWTH

Not always the case. The question of “what made them monsters?” comes to play. What made them choose to do this. Not saying they were born monsters. Saying they chose to become them when the decided to kill with malice aforethought (and yes, I am specifically using that term).

weirwoodtreehugger

But killing, maiming or raping women who step out of line and/or reject them is an extreme manifestation of the same attitudes displayed by the whiny nice guy who thinks women are shallow bitches for not fucking them. Or the guy who feels the need to tell random women on the street to smile. Or the guy who constantly gives unsolicited boner updates.

It’s all part of the same issue. Women are objects. Our bodies don’t belong to us, they belong to men who are justified in being very angry and upset when we act as if we have minds of our own. Our pain isn’t as real, big, or important as men’s pain because we aren’t humans, not as much as men are. So the pain of the rejected man is important. More important than the pain of the raped, stalked or murdered woman. Just as the right of a man to be pleased by smiles, long hair or thinness on women is more important than our right to live our lives as we see fit the way men can.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Are these people as incapable of following really Goddamn simple rules offline as they are online, or is it just the GIFT in action? I keep imagining them getting belligerent when asked to piss in the toilet, not in the pot plants.

No, really, someone answer how calling this guy crazy actually does anything? Like, at all.

Catalpa
Catalpa

No. Those guys are the same kind of person as the murderers are. They’re cut from the same cloth, have the same toxic beliefs and entitlement complex, and they feed off each other and egg each other on in a feedback loop of dehumanization and rage. And guess wha? None of them think of themselves a monsters. Not even the ones who killed people. They think they are righteous, that they are being denied what should be theirs by right and their actions all speak of the same entitlement. The murderers just took the hate to its logical conclusion.

Calling them monsters gives these assholes an out, says that it wasn’t the murderers’ beliefs (the same ones the ‘ whiny man children’ have) that are to blame for these atrocities, but the intrinsic quality of being a “monster”. And these guys aren’t monsters, so they don’t have to worry about addressing their toxic beliefs! What a relief!

SFHC

I’m posting under my real name, and will happily give you my surname if you want to look me up. Hell, I’ll I’ve tell you I live in the Northern suburbs of Chicago, if you want closer than that I’ll share that with you as well,

WWHT

My issue with the term is the language itself. The word “asshole” for me doesn’t have the connotation of violence you’re talking about. Asshole is generally an extreme way of calling someone a jerk.

Someone who commits rape, who mains and abuses people, who commits murder with malice aforethought is a great deal more than a extreme form of jerk. They lack, what I feel, is a key component of humanity: empathy.

The word “asshole” sound too soft, too easy. It’s a word you use when someone cuts you off on the road. If it’s really bad you add “fucking” (and yes, general ‘you’, not specific to anyone here) I have no problem with the term entitlement itself, it’s appropriate, but as I said, the two together conjures up images the kind of guys I mention, and NOT someone who would act with the kind of violence that we’re talking about. If we’re going to talk about a person who is going to commit acts of rape, abuse, assault and murder, need a better term than asshole.

weirwoodtreehugger

So, use a term other than asshole. The only other option isn’t saying they’re not human. Saying somebody has behaved monstrously is fine, I have an issue with you separating monstrous acts from other acts of entitlement and misogyny and denying that human beings raised in our culture are capable of mass murder.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

This right here is the exact same reasoning used to justify labeling every extreme crime as the product of mental illness. “No human could possibly do something so heinous” is the same attitude as “no sane person could ever commit such an atrocity.”

It’s the same mode of thought underlying Darren Wilson’s testimony that the tall black teen he shot to death was “like a demon” and therefore made the police officer with a gun in a car afraid for his life.

The motivation is the same as when a person belonging to a group does something horrible, and everybody in that group immediately tries to deny that person was ever part of the group in the first place.

It creates a fundamental us versus them, where “we” couldn’t possibly do something so horrible, so therefore it must have been “them.” You relegate every bad action to “them,” and create a cultural fear and stigmatization of “them.” And you demonize who they are rather than what they did.

Take this attitude to an extreme, and you end up justifying the very acts of inhumanity you used as an excuse to take away your target’s humanity.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.”

There’s another quote you might be familiar with.

@Kirby

I thought it was “he who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster”? Or is that another quite, same message kind of thing?

loquora

Penny:

Consider that people here who are actually affected by your words have asked you to stop. Instead you’re insisting that your desire to use an outdated linguistic shortcut is more important than their comfort is. Is that really the person you want to be? Because that’s entitlement in a nutshell.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Pandapool:

Yeah, there are different translations of the original… german? It’s still Nietzsche.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@Penny:
Likewise, commenting under my real name, or at least the abbreviation of it that I commonly go by in real life.

The issue with calling people monsters is that it makes it a question of “how could they have done it”, rather than “how could we have done it.” It’s more comforting to imagine oneself as being incapable of horrible acts, but it also prevents real empathy and therefore real solutions to the problems.

A personal example.

I have family who were involved in events on both sides of the last days of white minority rule in South Africa. Us Afrikaans-speaking whites did some fucked up shit, no mistake, and without a doubt we deserved to lose. However, the black factions that won were hardly any better – they killed a lot of people, mostly innocents, black and white. The people who did those things were humans, just like me, just like you. Every man of my father’s generation was involved somehow, on one side or the other. Because of this, I know people quite well who were the footsoldiers of their side. I know that one relative was involved in terrorist bombings of supermarkets, and another was involved with the security police (who did deeply awful things.) And you know what? They’re both decent guys. They’re funny, intelligent, well-read people who are good company at a barbecue just like anyone else. They both had failed first marriages and both look after the kids from those first marriages along with their current partners. They’re human, not monsters.

If I was in their place, I may well have done the same thing. If you were in their place, you might have too. To deny this is to lose any hope of any real solution to the problem, which would be to fix the systemic issues which underlie such actions.

@Kirby

Nietzsche is so German he tried to write a joke and ended up with The Birth of Tragedy.

Nietzsche is so German, he turns people into nihilists by looking at his picture.

Nietzsche is so German, it’s not even funny.

I can make these jokes since my family is mostly German, right? Also some Russian, so don’t be Stalin when you say you’re offended.

Eh, eh?

Eh?

Eh…

Mewens
Mewens

Nietzsche and … I wanna say Baldur’s Gate 2, but I’m a bit hazy.

Seriously, though – if you’re spending hours defending a right to diagnose randoms with mental illness, have you thought why it’s so important that you can call people “crazy” or whatevs?

I mean, it’s just one simple rule: Don’t make posts here that assume or assign mental illness. If you’re cut so deep by that simple request, it’s probably in your own best interests to examine why your reaction is so massive.

Kirbywarp:

I know the Nietzsche quote well. Used it on a number of occasions.

Ironically, it actually underscores my point. These people make a choice. They have free will and agency and they make a choice to act in a manner that is so far outside the bounds of an ethical society to be seen (rightly) as horrors. They divest themselves of everything that is good about human nature to take these actions. And yes, WWTH, they do it because they’ve imbibed the toxicity and hatred that still exists in our culture. Staring too long into the Abyss as it were.

What a monster is, what a monster isn’t and what it means in terms of humanity is something I’ve been personally wrestling with for a long time. But these people make a choice. It’s not that no sane human could… I’ve heard THAT excuse in other context more often than I care to count. It’s a choice, free will, based on their experience, to step outside the bounds of morality. And yes, by their experience I mean whatever they’ve come in contact with to warp their perspective that way. Be it MRA/PUA/fill in the blank racial hate group etc.

-Penny L. Horwitz

@Penny

Pssst, Penny, pssst.

That monster is inside us all, and that those who try to do good deeds may go overboard with it and become indistinguishable from what they’re fighting.

Dehumanizing people by calling them monsters, dehumanizing woman by making them sexual objects to serve someone in a sexual purpose only, po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Neither is justified.

Dehumanizing people by saying they aren’t sane…

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

All the reasons given in this thread are sufficient to make it clear that we shouldn’t use ableist language here.

But, if anyone wanted any other argument against describing people who do Bad Things in terms of speculative mental illnesses, or lack of abstract human qualities… there have been a whole bunch of psychological studies into what makes people do Bad Things.
Most famously, Milgram’s obedience study, and Zimbardo’s Stanford Prison Experiment.

Just about any person will murder, hurt or abuse another person if they’re set up to think that there’s some vague moral justification for doing so, and that there won’t be any severe consequences for them doing it.

So insisting that this guy is somehow “mentally ill” or “monstrous” by virtue of his actions isn’t even acceptable from that angle, either.

Penny, stop doubling down on it, and please follow the rules.

AltoFronto, history of depression.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Penny:

No, they don’t, and that’s the whole damn point. They are wholly human, start to finish, because humanity does not only encompass good things. If you truly believe that humanity is only good, and one must divest oneself of humanity to become bad, then you fall into the trap Nietzsche is talking about.

Nobody believes themselves to be inhuman. Therefore, if they believe only monsters commit evil, they will never be able to accept that they have performed evil.

And, just to underscore what this whole conversation started with, pulling the concept of mental illness back into focus; if you believe that only monsters do evil, and if you insist that people who do evil must have some sort of mental illness (or insist on bringing up the topic), then you are reinforcing in your head that the mentally ill are monsters.

Bina
Bina

I don’t doubt it (I’ve seen black people whose eyes were really as blue as robins’ eggs!), but that’s not the case here. This is the screenshot:
comment image

That looks like him in the “contact lenses” parts of the screenshot, does it not? That’s why I wonder about what he says of his ancestry, and why he switches emphasis depending on what platform he’s on. It’s quite possible to be Portuguese and Indian both.

(The eye color is still unbelievable as all hell. No doubt he uses it to try to give the hypno-eye to the ladies. He’s not very effective at it, by the sounds of things.)

Bina
Bina

So I was looking at the Toronto Reddit thread, and this comment sent me screeching to a halt:

[–]juhnsnuuuuh -1 points 19 hours ago

Thanks for the empathy dude 🙂

And you’re right, a lot of us are just regular guys who want to have more options with dating.

We get a bad rep because some dudes are pretty hurt and messed up by their pasts, I mean it takes some extreme motivation for someone to want to do this.

That and during the process of becoming more charming, they also have to really put themselves out there when they’re still awkward and feel exceptionally uncomfortable.

Oh and not to mention old school mystery method stuff in “the game” was what originally brought pickup into the public consciousness. Now that I’ve been into pickup for a while I have to say that mystery is pretty weird and duplicitous when people try to emulate it and its unfortunate that a lot of guys get into his stuff first. People like Owen Cook from real social dynamics are a lot better in terms of “natural” game and the main focus is more on self-improvement than manipulation. In fact they do exceptionally long free videos going into depth about why not to lie, why negative views of women will deeply damage your success with them and so on.

I think in time public perception of pickup might change but for now I think most groups are attempting to stay under the radar, bad publicity is the last thing we need.

Yeah, dude, ya think? Owen Cook, Real Social Dynamics? The rape-coaching PUA site that also features Julien Blanc (who ain’t gone away yet)? EWWWWWWWWW.

These guys thoroughly deserve their bad reputation, and we shouldn’t let them fly under the radar for an instant. This one’s trying to sell a TO redditor on RSD, fergawdsakes.

Aveda
Aveda

David do you mind doing something on this guy sexymgtow:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq3nstS_hHR8Xa4JgZ96pLQ/videos
he isn’t a mra but a mgtow.He is a woman hater and a racist and I think it would be wise to post about him so maybe people know about this guy as I see him as a real danger and maybe you would to.

Bina
Bina

BTW, for those who’d forgotten (or just never knew), the 411 on Owen Cook of RSD:

In the undated video, Cook told a small group of men: “It was in the morning, she was taking a shower, and I didn’t think she wanted to have sex again. But I just threw her on the bed.”

He recounts how he proceeded to have intercourse with the unwilling woman whom he described as “just totally not in the mood.”

Cook explained his behaviour by saying he didn’t care what he did to her because he didn’t plan to see her again.

Cook then described, in explicit detail, how he proceeded to have intercourse with the woman.

“And I’m like ‘I’ll just make this quick because she doesn’t even want it.’”

Raping a stripper…yuh-huh, that’s some “Natural Game” you got goin’ there, pal.

Oh, and he also calls himself “Tyler Durden”. How original!

Nameless Wonder
Nameless Wonder

Hey, y’all, hope everyone had a good Memorial day weekend.

Bullshit bullshit bullshit.

This attitude is precisely why mass shootings end up happening. People don’t take misogyny as serious as they do any other kind of bigotry. They’re just like “oh, he’s a jerk” and shrug it off like nothing will ever happen.

And then, if something does happen (he murders his wife/girlfriend/daughter/mother or commits a mass murder) everyone passes it off as “Oh, he’s just crazy” or “he’s just got issues.” Or to add insult to injury, they blame the victim and/or his parents as another way to detach bigotry from his actions.

No, he didn’t kill people because he’s just a little boy inside that needs love and protection from the big bad world. He’s a bigoted criminal that views women and girls as subhumans. FFS.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@NicolaLuna

My favorite part of that story is the fact that the “signs” the women are holding are obviously blank white slates, and someone has come in after the fact to badly photoshop-in some words.

Why is that? If these women support these messages, why weren’t the messages on the slates when the women held them?

It makes me think that they tricked these women into holding blank white slates by telling them it was going to be for something else.

@everyone except Penny

Thank you.

@Penny

If you don’t/can’t understand why it’s bad to make these kinds of equations, you can at least be decent enough to stop because other people have told you it harms them. “I can’t really understand how this is hurting you” is not an excuse to keep punching someone in the face. Once someone has told you that being punched in the face hurts, a decent person stops doing it even if they don’t really comprehend why it hurts. The fact that it does hurt should be enough for you.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@Lea

Have you ever had the pleasure of talking to a doctor like both of you are intelligent adults, and then after a good bit of conversation the doctor discovers that you have A Diagnosis, and suddenly your credibility is completely gone?

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Don’t read the comments. Those comments are Lewis law in action. I can’t understand how a woman says she was raped, teach men not to rape and stop blaming women for men’s actions = all men are rapists.

And yes it’s so much important to not generalize men (hurting their precious feelz) than it is to care about and protect women and girls /s

Nameless Wonder
Nameless Wonder

This. exactly.

Honest to god I am tired of hearing about MRA pain. Every time they comment on the Internet it’s all about them, their pain, their frustration, their entitlements. There is also the undertone that the only solution to men’s pain is to continue dominating all women into submission. Bullshit – go get a therapist. Many men can and do show that they are capable of living life without needing a nearby punching bag to take their issues out on.

Maybe that’s the whole point of PUA/MRA politics? To land a woman who is actually more like a mother – someone who will be perpetually approving, servile, and put his needs (no matter how sick and violent) ahead of her humanity (oh, and willing to throw other women under the bus). There’s a term for this kind of situation: it’s called domestic violence.

The irony is, many feminists do care about men’s issues and attempt to address them, but they can’t without these dipshits going pathologically selfish on them (or minimizing their bigotry, or once again making it all about them). Remember Emma Watson? Remember when she came out and said that the Patriarchy harms both men and women? All these assholes heard was ‘feminist’ and threatened to post nude pictures of her (or at least, pictures photoshopped to look like her nude). The stupidity is galling: She was addressing the fact that men are also harmed and they threatened her for identifying as a feminist.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

*flounces glitter*

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@Penny:
You are a worthy human being whose presence on this website is valued. At the moment, people (including me!) are falling over themselves to disagree with some things you said, but this does not invalidate you as a person or mean that we don’t like you.

Binjabreel

Re: pandapool

What does calling them crazy or inhuman achieve?

It lets the person doing the calling keep pretending this isn’t something that almost any random human could do given the right circumstances.

@Binjabreel

I know, I just wanted to hear them try to justify it.

Mark
Mark

Well, I think we can all agree that someone who is threatening to cut someone else up is certainly disturbed in some way – that kind of statement isn’t the product of a healthy and happy mind (at least not in our society).
Colloquially, “crazy” can just mean having really bad ideas or damaging ways of thinking – in which case I think it is entirely productive to call that kind of behavior “crazy” – it means ” you are thinking in a way that is damaging to others and yourself”.

“There’s a reason women aren’t murdering out of entitled rage in anywhere approaching the same numbers as men. It’s called patriarchy.”
Why don’t old men murder in anything approaching the numbers younger men murder? As someone who has been a young man, and is now an older one, I would assume it has more to do with hormones than a feeling of entitlement.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Fuck off, dipwad.

Spindrift
Spindrift

Productive if your goal is to stigmatise mental illness…

Fruitloopsie