Uncategorized

Toronto police investigating PUA who posted video saying a woman should be “stabbed and cut up into tiny pieces”

Screenshot of what appears to be xsouldeath's Twitter account
Screenshot of what appears to be xsouldeath’s Twitter account

Well, this is pretty freaking disturbing. Metronews.ca reports that

Toronto police are looking closely at video of a Toronto pick-up artist who filmed himself muttering about stabbing a girl who turned him down. …

“She deserves to f**kin’ like stabbed and cut up into tiny pieces for that s**t,” he says. “Like, I would f**king take her and her boyfriend and all her f**king friends down. F**king worthless pieces of s**t. She thinks she’s all that, just because she has the looks and s**t. I’ll show all these little bitches one day.”

In a second clip, [“xsouldeath”] appears to try to purchase a knife from a grocery store.

After news of this began to spread, someone who described himself as

E.J., the head coach of TdotPickup, a group that holds PUA bootcamps and coaching in the Yonge and Dundas area, called Metro Monday evening after speaking with xsouldeath. He said some of his comments had been misunderstood.

“This whole thing about getting them back, all he was talking about is basically getting them back by getting a really good-looking girl and rubbing it in their face,” he said.

Apparently, there is some mysterious language that resembles English in which “she deserves to f**kin’ like stabbed and cut up into tiny pieces for that s**t” actually means “rubbing it in their face.”

As for talking about stabbing a woman and cutting her up, E.J. said xsouldeath is not the type of person to do that.

So reassuring.

The video in which xsouldeath talks about looking for a knife at a grocery store was taken out of context, E.J. said. “Basically the whole reason he was asking for this knife was to find the cutlery section and they were not really understanding the English,” he said.

And then there was this plot twist:

Update:  xsouldeath, the creator of the YouTube videos, appears to be EJ, the head coach of TdotPickup.

Creepy as hell.

While xsouldeath’s YouTube channel has been taken down, what appears to be his Google+ profile is still up (I’ve archived it here). In addition to posts about his own videos and a wide assortment of popular Youtube “prank” videos, xsouldeath posts videos from other PUAs as well as from antifeminist “philosopher” and self-described Men’s Rights Activist Stefan Molyneux and from obsessively antifeminist Youtuber Bane666au, whose frequently hour-long videos feature him as a talking skull in a pitcher of Koolaid.

What appears to be his Twitter account has been made private.

On the Toronto subreddit, meanwhile, someone  writes:

I’ve known this person since High School. There are some stories I would rather not share about him on this page to save him dignity. But he needs Help. I am just really creeped out to approach him anymore.

I’ll post more later as the story develops.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

Maybe it’s the freak whose anonymous (and deleted) comment you featured in your recent post.

Then again, these hateful freaks are a dime a dozen all over the web and beyond.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

It wasn’t me. *looks shifty*

Does anyone else think that Canada has, as a nation, really earned some admiration over the last few months? First there was the engineer who shouted obscenities at a reporter during a live piece to camera; I expected him to get off but no, he got fired. Now they’re actually taking this guy seriously rather than just sweeping it under the rug and assuming that it’ll be fine. All credit to Canada.

kellyrtillson

Ugh, this is more Norman Bates than Tyler Durden.

NicolaLuna
NicolaLuna

This is terrifying. They literally think that we deserve to die if we don’t fuck them. But if we fuck anyone but them we are terrible sluts who deserve to die.

So basically we have to fuck them, regenerate our virginity and then wait for the next entitled asshole to show interest. Or we have to violate the laws of time by fucking all men and no men at the same time.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

So in what universe is getting a better looking girl “getting her back” for turning you down? She’s not interested in you so she’s not going to care who else you’re with. Get it?

Ugh, didn’t think so.

magnesium
magnesium

The fact that he contacted them, pretending to be someone else, to defend himself would be pretty funny if this situation weren’t so messed up. Ugh, hopefully they can do something about him. Canada has really been stepping up it’s cybercrime game lately, but ultimately they can’t do much if perpetrators aren’t willing to cooperate.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

“his comments had been misunderstood”

Sure thing. It was just (all together now) A SATIRE!

weirwoodtreehugger

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

God Christ, MRAs are fucking terrifying sometimes. “Not a threat” my ass.

Any of the local lawyers know whether or not they could nab him for defending himself under a fake name, obstruction of justice or something?

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

EJ (The Other One)
“It wasn’t me. *looks shifty*”

I’m watching you

NicolaLuna
We just can’t win.

rugbyyogi

@Magnesium, I think it’s more likely that his pick up coach probably really did contact the press. Which is even more disgusting. I expect perps to defend themselves, but when others do and defend the indefensible – vile physical threats, that’s even more disturbing. I guess he wanted to defend his business model…

Maybe the best revenge is living well (though picking up random women is probably not living well) but that’s not the kind of revenge this xsouldeath was describing. And not that simply not being attracted to someone deserves revenge.

BTW – all the tdotpickup sites appear to be down.

davidknewton
davidknewton

This really is horrific, and something that my eyes have been opened to ever since I started reading this site regularly – as a male, I just had no concept that there were people who thought like this.

The one encouraging thing is that the police are mentioned – I hope that they can get enough to justify intervening and stopping him before he carries out on his threat to, er, rub it in their face.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

weirwoodtreehugger
“When whiny “nice guys” ask why we give soft nos instead of just turning down men directly and clearly, THIS IS FUCKING WHY!”

Even if we do give “soft nos” we’re still dead.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
“God Christ, MRAs are fucking terrifying sometimes.”

“Sometimes”?

Arn
Arn

Hey, what about an update on PUA turned neo-nazi demagogue Dimitri the Lover (aka James Sears)? He’s gotten media attention due to his involvement with “Your Ward News” in east Toronto and his TV show (on a pirate TV station) just got cancelled.

freemage

davidknewton: Yeah, when you hear feminists speak of male privilege, the ‘right to ignorance’ of this sort of thing is one of the key forms of it that they’re speaking of. The ability to go throughout your daily routing without having to resort to an internal safety checklist that will never cover every contingency anyway is a huge advantage, and one that women should have the right to, as well.

freemage

Fruitloopsie: Well, sometimes they’re merely pathetic or laughable. Other times they’re terrifying.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@weirwoodtreehugger:
I’m ashamed of how long it took me to learn that one. Like most nerd boys I saw soft no’s as a form of dishonesty. It didn’t occur to me that people were frightened of me.

@Fruitloopsie:
*hides*

Johanna Roberts

I hope this guy is stopped before he makes good on his threats. Out of Context my ass.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

What a great guy. Can’t believe that woman turned him down. </sarcasm>

Neurite
Neurite

Oh ugh. I looked over this guy’s Google+ account, and after numerous videos about anabolic steroids (go figure), there’s a link to a video called “Turning the Tables on Street Harassment” by a woman who confronted and filmed her harasser… and this slimeball’s comment on the video is:

“grab her phone# grab her phone# ! The bitch has to make out with you or overpower you to get that sh*t back, record that bitch….”

Full body shudder. I am so glad the police is looking into that guy.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

rugbyyogi, it’s my understanding he IS the pickup coach, not pretending to be him. I suppose he thought nobody at Metro News would figure out the person in the video was him.

Catalpa
Catalpa

I can only hope that this guy’s threats continue to be taken seriously, and that everyone learns better than to dismiss this kind of shit as ‘ just talk’. The last thing we need is another Elliot Roger.

Tabby Lavalamp

I’m not surprised he’s trying to turn it around after realizing that on occasion the police might actually take death threats literally.

Buried in the terrifying is some downright ridiculous…

Like, I would f**king take her and her boyfriend

So she has a boyfriend and he’s pissed off that she turned him down? Holy crap…

And if it wasn’t for the death threats, this would be hilarious…

bluecatbabe
bluecatbabe

Ah so “He’s not the sort of person to do…” the stuff he’s been talking about and apparently making preparations to do by buying a weapon to do it with, in the opinion of his “coach” whose worldview he has absorbed.

Much reassurance, eh?

People very seldom seem like “the sort of person who would” in the opinion of their friends and enablers, until they do, whereupon everyone acts surprised.

Which is why threats need to be taken seriously,

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Well, thank goodness the police are taking this seriously. Dude sounds like a danger to others.

If someone can verify that the Redditor really does know the guy, I rather hope that they’ll reverse their decision to “save him dignity” and spill what promises to be a juicy story, equal parts entertaining and horrifying.
I hate to be tantalised with withheld information like that. 😛

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@Alto

The story is either rape, rape of a child or murder. Guaranteed.

Lynn
Lynn

People like this really can’t be trusted anymore. I hope they put him away for good.
What a fucking nut case.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

I was hoping it would be more along the lines of “embarassed himself whilst trying to sneak into the girl’s locker room in High School” kind of thing… or, “arkwardly came on to someone who couldn’t have been less interested and he looked like a total creep”… or “is the kind of person who tries to hard to look like a badman, and would be funny if he weren’t likely to get overly aggressive and provoke fights”. :/

From the wording, I thought it sounded like something where he’d acted foolishly and alienated people with his inappropriate behaviour. Hence the Redditor being concerned with protecting “his dignity” as opposed to “his victim’s identities”.

But yeah, it’s actually probably more likely that whatever he’s done would not be a fun story to tell at parties at all. 🙁

Penny
Penny

@AltoFronto

I’d rather see the redditor hand whatever those stories are to the police, especially considering the comments about needing help. Better to get him some, and get him away from everyone.

Lanariel
Lanariel

@Lynn

Please, can we leave the ableism?

sn0rkmaiden

This is massively disturbing; I’m glad the police are taking it seriously.

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

Arrest him, give him a psych exam, and then never let him back into the public.

nebulapete

@EJ (The Other One) yeah we’re not doing too bad other than the fact that the current federal government out right refuses to launch an investigation in the 1200+ missing and murdered aboriginal women, claiming that its not a priority. Its sickening to say the least.

spacelawn

To begin with, why in hell does he film himself talking about this?! Is he really that stupid (rhetorical question) secondly, how does it come that so few of these anti-feminists and the like can’t edit videos for shite?!

Bina
Bina

Compare and contrast…

In a second clip, [“xsouldeath”] appears to try to purchase a knife from a grocery store.

vs:

[…]

The video in which xsouldeath talks about looking for a knife at a grocery store was taken out of context, E.J. said. “Basically the whole reason he was asking for this knife was to find the cutlery section and they were not really understanding the English,” he said.

I call bull-fucking-SHIT. His English was working just fine when he was making those ugly death threats! And what was he there for, a butter knife? Bull-fucking-SHIT.

And I hope the TO pickup subreddit (and all other TO pickup sites) stays down, because those guys have been pestering a lot of women lately. Especially in heavily trafficked shopping centres, like the Eaton Centre downtown. I used to shop there all the time when I went to Ryerson, which is just across Yonge St. and a block or so to the north. So glad I don’t live in TO anymore.

EDIT: I see that this guy WAS in that very area. My creepdar just jangled like a fire alarm.

paradoxicalintent
paradoxicalintent

TIL: “Stabbing someone” means “getting back at them by having a better looking girlfriend”.

Yeah fuckin’ right. There’s no language in the entire world that you could somehow confuse the two.

(Also, hi, I’m back from my vacation from hell.)

Howard
Howard

Yikes. Someone needs a visit from the nice men in white coats…

Spindrift
Spindrift

Welcome back, paradox!

epitome of incomprehensibility

I feel bad for the person he talked to, if she’s heard about the threats… or even if she hasn’t, come to think of it. Anyone who feels entitled enough to make violent threats is probably a jerk about hitting on people, anyway.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

The truly terrifying part is that he felt perfectly safe and comfortable posting something like this on Youtube.

He felt like posting himself, making terrifying threats under his breath and then preparing to carrying them out, online for everyone to see, was not something that could go wrong for him in any way.

He did not comprehend that any kind of social sanction exists about this sort of thing.

That is fucking terrifying.

epitome of incomprehensibility

(And why is there the expression “hitting on”? “Flirting with” makes way more sense and it’s less hit-like. Not that I’m saying metaphorically violent language leads to violent actions, but still.)

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Also: can we please stop referring to terrifying assholes as mentally ill? Most mentally ill people are not dangerous, and most dangerous people are perfectly sane. Threatening to kill someone, or actually killing someone, is not prima facie evidence of madness, and it harms the mad to perpetuate the idea that they are all dangerous people.

GiJoel
GiJoel

He’s another Elliot Rodgers in the making.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Concurring with PoM. Being an angry, entitled asshole isn’t a mental illness. =/

Lea
Lea

But I thought being pretty gave women power?

Lea
Lea

But, but, but…street harassment is a compliment.

Every street harasser should be bear sprayed in the face. Cops can find the time to stop and frisk or just fucking murder innocent black men and boys but they can’t seem to do one damn thing about dudes like this.

A.A. Wils

Kudos to the Toronto police for taking this seriously. Maybe other law enforcement agencies will begin to see this dangerous trend for what it is, and avert some tragedies.

@Bina: Oh hell, what creepers! I’d have to restrain myself from socking one of those skeevy dudes in the nose for invading my space. Glad the mall put a stop to it before they did some sort of slime ball flash mob.

Fabe
Fabe

More good news for you then, A Teen in Canada has pleaded to ‘swating’

misseb47
misseb47

This guy gives me the creeps. It really does seem like we have another Elliot Rodger in the making! I am so glad the police are actually DOING something about this.

Policy of Madness-That’s what makes this thing so terrifying, because that is EXACTLY what Elliot Rodger did and we all know happened afterwards. When someone feels comfortable with posting videos like this online, you know for sure that they are serious because they don’t care about the lives they are going to take at all. They see nothing wrong with what they are doing. You can see this with killers who post Facebook updates that they are going to kill/already killed their girlfriends. It happened a few times. I done a quick Google search on this. I am sad to say that it happened A LOT. 🙁

BritterSweet

Didn’t read the comments yet, so I may be ninja’d here. But, *ahem.*

Attention commenters, especially any new ones: Do not, I repeat, do NOT attempt to associate him with mental illness or Internet diagnose him. Ableism is one of the things the WHTM community does not tolerate, and everyone is most likely sick of explaining for the umpteenth time why.

1 2 3 5