creepy dawgies off topic open thread

Six photos that prove the dogs are up to something, too

What happens once you leave he house
What happens as soon as you leave the house

On numerous occasions in the past, I have posted pictures and videos indicating that the cats of the world are clearly up to something nefarious. Tonight, some proof that dogs are in on it too.

Every feel like somebody's watching you?
Ever feel like somebody’s watching you?
Obviously guilty of something.
Obviously guilty of something.
The shadow knows
The shadow knows
Some things we are not meant to understand
Some things we are not meant to understand
Collusion
Collusion

Bluecollarnerd

I am a dog person, so thanks for the dogs.

weirwoodtreehugger

I’ll be living with a dog for the first time in my life a week from now. I’m really hoping Bailey and Dracarys team up and plot world domination together.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

@WWTH

Be prepared for lots of kisses and nose nudges and awful wet dog smell when they come inside from rolling around in the grass. <3

anemonerosie

I love that pup hiding in the couch. I picture a cat hissing just outside of the field of view.

Bina
Bina

I just noticed that two of these dogs are Boston Terriers. Could it be that this is the most nefarious dog breed of all? And that all that black-and-white cuteness is just a front???

wordsp1nner

Terrier is only a few letters away from terrorist, so yes. (It is also close to terroir. Can I get a well-paying job at Fox News now? I’ll buy my own blackboard.)

Bina
Bina

OMG, those terriers are the real Boston Bombers! Now it all makes sense! /tinfoil

gilshalos

Kermit is 60!
OT, but
KERMIT IS 60!!

Hey, have you been following the #girlswithtoys hashtag? There’s a photo of me with a rotovap.

brooked
brooked

Lyudmila Pavlichenko’s a boss, but unfortunately from what I’ve heard Battle of Sevastopol doesn’t really do right by her :/ Kinda reduces her to a romance. And somehow she manages not to talk for the entire trailer.

Still though, war movie about a sensibly-dressed woman.

brooked
brooked

She really doesn’t speak in the trailer. That’s disconcerting. I saw a clip of her talking to Eleanor Roosevelt, or as IMDB says Eleanora Ruzvelt, but I can’t seem to find it.

YoullNeverGuess

FYI, there’s a typo on the 2nd picture’s caption. “Every” should be “Ever.”

I’ve seen that clip too; of course she does speak in the movie, but her lack of lines in the trailer casts serious doubts onto how motive a role she has or whether she’s more of a device.

Not that it doesn’t show any promise; I love that moment when she’s crying and they’re telling her to smile for the cameras.

Wilson
Wilson

Yay, dogs 🙂

misseb47
misseb47

LOL! I love the dog hiding in the couch. 😀

Dvärghundspossen

Nice to see some dogs for a change! I have four dogs, and sometimes feel like I’m in a real minority in feminist spaces, where far more people seem to have cats.

Although I would never say that I’m a dog person as opposed to a cat person, since I love all animals. 🙂

ChekhovsPun
ChekhovsPun

@Dvärghundspossen Agreed. I like cats as much as the next person, but I personally find it easier to connect with dogs. Can’t wrestle a cat, after all.
Though I guess dogs are a MAN’S best friend. Ladytypes, get outta the kennel.

loganbacon
loganbacon

Yay Boston Terriers!!!!!!

Ellesar
Ellesar

loganbacon – omg your dog pic is to die for! I have 2 dogs, similar breed to yours (staffies, I am guessing yours is a pit?).

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

@katz:

“Lyudmila Pavlichenko’s a boss, but unfortunately from what I’ve heard Battle of Sevastopol doesn’t really do right by her :/ Kinda reduces her to a romance.”

Pathethic, if true.

Very little info about Pavlichenko’s personal life is available online (in English). This tidbit from Wiki is notable:

‘In Chicago, she stood before large crowds, chiding the men to support the second front. “Gentlemen,” she said, “I am 25 years old and I have killed 309 fascist occupants by now. Don’t you think, gentlemen, that you have been hiding behind my back for too long?”’

Can’t help but LOL. One can only imagine what she’d think of the American (and not only) MRA-types today.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

Er, shoulda been *pathetic.*

DL
DL

Yes thank you, I’m more of a dog person so the felinecentrism made me feel a bit left out. Equal pet representation! (Sorry, but you never get good at jokes if you don’t practice)

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
weirwoodtreehugger

What about bird’s rights though?

LBT
LBT

I have no dog, but am pleased to announce that we are now our roommate’s cat uncle! He is a spoiled, lazy brat of a beast. Sweet-natured, but completely untrainable.

contrapangloss

Welp, I had a good week. I just turned 23, and I acquired a new live in whose dog got approved by the chief, so I ALSO acquired a station dog (little tiny chihuahua mix, but DOG so YES!).

My partner on the box and I have settled into a pretty good groove. We still have a ways to go before we’re a perfect team, but we’ve gotten pretty solid.

Also, all my patients yesterday were really nice, all alert and oriented, and I have a new favorite because she was just awesome. Older lady, first time in an ambulance. I told her she needs to tell me her secret of getting so far along without a ride, because I had messed that up by 13, and yeah. She was cracking jokes the whole way.

I saw her in the ER later when I was dropping off another patient as she was getting discharged and she waved like she was greeting her favorite person ever at the airport (two hands, big smile), cracked another joke about her injury, and was basically awesome.

Favorite Patient Ever.

I hope we never have to transport her again, because she’s too nice for ambulance rides, but she was awesome.

contrapangloss

Whoops. Meant to open thread for personal stuff that stuff. But hey, works because DOG?

Station dog is silly and runs in fast circles around the station every time I come in. She must be up to something, running patterns like that.

Also, when she asks to be picked up.

She’s up to something.

Spindrift
Spindrift

Happy birthday, contrapangloss!

Here’s some party dogs for you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.