#gamergate $MONEY$ antifeminism antifeminist women entitled babies evil SJWs FemRAs grandiosity gullibility honey badgers irony alert kitties MRA playing the victim post contains jokes post contains sarcasm

Announcing the We Hunted the Mammoth Legal Fund to Spite the Honey Badger Brigade

We Hunted the Mammoth Legal Advisor Sweetie P. Jonus, Esq.
We Hunted the Mammoth Legal Advisor Sweetie P. Jonus, Esq.

We Hunted the Mammoth is now seeking “money” to ostensibly pay for “legal advice” in order to spite the Honey Badger Brigade and hold them accountable for annoying me by raising more than $20,000 — no really — to finance a completely ridiculous lawsuit that I will bet a million imaginary dollars will never actually be filed against the Calgary Expo for tossing them out.

On April 30th 2015, sometime after 3:37 AM, I saw a Tweet (hereafter known as “the Tweet”) noting that the Honey Badgers had raised more than $20,000 so far from some very, very gullible people, up from $14,000 only a few days ago, and this made me wonder how I could get my own hands on a similarly enormous pile of sweet sweet cash for no good reason. After “consultation” with a number of “legal” “experts” I have decided to pursue “legal action” myself.

I feel, based on no recognized legal principle that I am aware of, that the Honey Badger Brigade has somehow violated my rights by raising so much money and I demand recompense forthwith, ipso facto lorem ipsum.

With the help of “legal counsel” I will be “filing” a “lawsuit” to compel the Honey Badgers to give the entire amount they have raised to me.

All funds submitted to this fundraiser will be used for “legal costs” and/or costs directly related to me wanting to “spend money” on “stuff.”

At this time I am unsure what my total expenses will be as I pursue “legal action” by which I mean possibly making a video or videos of an animated cat wearing a bow tie and giving a press conference spelling out why I find the Honey Badgers so annoying and why this means they owe me tens of thousands of dollars.

As per stuff I just made up in my head, a preliminary cost estimate for taking “legal action” is $40k, which would cover the cost of such a video ($0) plus “expenses” for “stuff.”

If anyone is willing to donate the entire $40,000, you can have one of my cats. (Not really, but I’ll give you the name of the shelter I got mine at.)

Seriously, feel free to donate FOR JUSTICE. I will post a running tab of the total here, and will also provide frequent updates on Twitter assuming some of you actually send me money for this. Please specify that your donation is intended “to spite the Honey Badgers.”

RAISED SO FAR: $340.05, an internet cat monocle, and a picture of monopoly money.

UPDATE 5/1/15: The total is now $480.31, just $39,529 short of the goal! THANKS!!!

NOTE: If you would prefer to donate money to charity to spite the Honey Badgers, please post the amount you have donated in the comments below and I will keep a running tab of that as well.

Thank you.

And if there are any Honey Badgers reading this now, be warned: you will be “hearing” from my “lawyers” soon.

Linax5
Linax5

I like cats…and canary birds xD sadly these pets can’t live together without trying to eat each other xD That’s why I only have my lovely bird (Chipi). But this picture with the cat still makes me happy 😀

Daniel Ross

I have made a $16 donation in the HBB’s dishonor to AlterConf. I figured this was the most irritating place I could send it, from the point of view of nerd-culture types people who hate it when conferences have feminism in them.

Jay Elmore

Slightly unrelated but it appears that GamerGate, the leaderless ethics movement that can’t possibly be about harassing women, is… following Roguestar’s orders to harass Zoe Quinn by trying to Googlebomb her name.

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

How much do you want to bet that the Honey Badger Brigade won’t recognize this is a joke and will take this as a serious legal threat?

sn0rkmaiden

Would it be very cynical of me to suggest that the Honey Badgers deliberately got themselves kicked out of the expo just so they could set up a funding page for dubious legal fees? I mean, if they hadn’t caused a ruckus before the expo had even started they probably could’ve got away with having a booth and discretely pushing their agenda; but instead they behaved in a way which was guaranteed to get them ejected, so they could immediately start playing the victim card.

Hmm, I’m starting to sound like a gamergater.

isidore13
isidore13

Serious question, why are there male honey badgers? I mean isn’t the point that it’s like a female offshoot of AVFM? Or is it supposed to be some sort of “activist” group, that does the activities or whatnot? I’m so confused.

davidgerard

It’s all of them. The meme is “Honey badger don’t give a shit” and is far wider than Gamergate (e.g. I’ve seen Bitcoin advocates call it “the honey badger of money”, and I just read a mainstream news reporter calling some rugby player the “honey badger”). Originated with a re-voiced nature documentary clip: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/honey-badger

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

@isidore13

I don’t know why you don’t already know. MRA can’t take women seriously so there has to be at least one more man than women in a group for them to take what they’re talking about seriously. It’s like when all sorts of women have been complaining about how men on online dating sites harass them, but when one guy makes an account as a woman and gets harassed, they’re all “OMIGOD, WHY HASN’T ANYONE STOPPED THIS??!!”

The jackasses can only see and read in ManTones.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

They named their group after a played-out internet meme that wasn’t that funny to begin with.

You might think that this indicates a lack of seriousness and professionalism, but this is actually a pretty common thing with civil rights groups. The SPLC was originally called “All Your Civil Right Are Belong To Us.”

isidore13
isidore13

@David, thank you, I’m glad it’s not just me.

@Banana, of course!

epitome of incomprehensibility

Ha! Yes, so much legal.

I feel compelled to donate three Galleons, two Sickles, and four Knuts. The House of Ravenclaw (into which I was sorted by a Very Scientific Internet Survey) agreed to match my donations, so you can double that amount!

(Other people were mentioning Hogwarts houses and fake Latin reminds me of Harry Potter, in case the above nonsense needed justification.)

epitome of incomprehensibility

@Viscaria – I’m sorry for that – I hope you two can find jobs that work for you soon! Two years ago I was fired from my first “real” job at a publishing company. Money was tight and they decided their funds would be better spent on a manager than a lowly junior editor. The thing is, they’d told me that I’d be guaranteed three months (enough for me to prove myself worthy or unworthy of a longer contract) but I guess that went out the window. I decided it wasn’t worth contesting, though, because I’d been there so short a time. Still discouraging, though.

Now I’m working two different jobs and also currently doing a freelance editing project… er, should be doing it… (runs away from the Internet)

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

I feel bad because the house I get sorted into 9/10 times is Slytherin.

Well, no, “feeling bad” isn’t the right phrase. More like “feeling deliciously evil”.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *thunderclap*

GrumpyOldMangina

There is also a college/pro football player, Tyrann Mathieu, who was nicknamed the “Honey Badger” when he was at Louisiana State. That helped get the meme into broad usage.

Paradoxical Intention

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^) | April 30, 2015 at 5:50 pm
I feel bad because the house I get sorted into 9/10 times is Slytherin.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *thunderclap*

Just because every evil witch/wizard was in Slytherin, it doesn’t mean every Slytherin is evil. : /

That kind of rationale always struck me as odd. You have the Slytherins, who are ambitious and who use magic to its fullest extent, and yet they’re always categorized as “evil” for doing so.

Then you have us Hufflepuffs, who are content to not use magic for every little thing, and who don’t mind getting our hands dirty (hence why our Head of House is the Herbology teacher), and we’re categorized as “lazy”.

It’s a very rude thing, to be honest. Though, I have to admit, it would make for great Slytherin/Hufflepuff friendships.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

@Paradoxical

I’m not every Slytherin though, I’m one Slytherin. Who is deliciously evil. I never said all Slytherins are evil. ^^

I thought the stereotype is that Hufflepuffs were stupid and stupidly loyal? Gullible, even?

Alpha von Carousel
Alpha von Carousel

Here, I’ll donate this copy of Nympho Librarian

Original price $1.25.

ElizaJupiter
ElizaJupiter

I donated 8 U.S. dollars to RAINN, and have been informed it will be matched 100%. I don’t think the match qualifies, but it’s definitely a bonus.

Tracy
Tracy

I can’t donate money at this time, but I’d like you to have this.

It’s a turtle in a jaunty hat.

Tracy
Tracy
Shaenon

Dammit, Futrelle, get off my gravy train! I’ve been promising people on Twitter that if they give to my Patreon I’ll hate women and liberals really, really hard. I think I need some illegible MS Paint graphics to show I’m serious.

mildlymagnificent

Oh, I forgot in all the excitement about what I might do with an abandoned knitting project.

Just to spite the HBs, I donated $40 to Oxfam for the Nepal appeal.

th1stle
th1stle

You had me at the words “spite” and “donation.” I like spite donating. 🙂

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

A few words on the wisdom of entrusting a school’s admissions policy, to a hat…..

Paradoxical Intention

Aw, c’mon now…that’s mean.

We Hufflepuffs are just more accepting and loving of everyone. We don’t have standards for you to have. We just accept you for who you are, whoever or whatever that may be!

You don’t need to be the most brave, or the most cunning, or the most intelligent, we Hufflepuffs love you just the way you are! You want to be a baker? Fuck yeah, friend, you bake those fucking cookies! You want to be a gardener? Hells yeah! You plant those magical flowers! You want to play Quidditch? Well sign me right the fuck up for the cheer-leading squad! You want to work for the Ministry of Magic? Here’s a good luck charm for your OWLs, because I know you need high scores and you can do it! You want to do something else? We will love and support the shit out of you!

When we’re housemates or friends or family or loved ones with someone, we’re the most loyal motherfuckers on the goddamned planet. We ride together, we die together. A’int no body fuckin’ with our clique. Hufflepuff means family, and family means we kick ass together and look fucking fab doing it.

And we may be excellent finders, but even I, a Hufflepuff going on over a decade now, can’t find a single fuck to give for the HuffleHaters.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

My theory is that behind the scenes the Huffelpuffers have been secretly manipulating *everything* in the HP universe. They get Gryffindor and Slytherin to take each other out then they just pick up the pieces using Ravenclaw for muscle.

It’s the perfect scheme; who’d suspect them until it’s too late!

Jack Remiel

@Davidgerard

It saddens me to see Nick ‘The Honey Badger’ Cummins somehow related to these horrible ladies (and dudes.) Cummins expresses his ‘don’t give a shit’ by doing things like posing in speedos to help raise money for a charity to set up sustainable agriculture in rural Zimbabwe. And by giving up the chance to represent his country so he can earn more money to support the multiple members of his family who have severe cystic fibrosis.

Basically Nick Cummins deserves the moniker of Honey Badger and them others do not.

Also I donated $3 to the Red Cross to help in Nepal, and also to help this legal fund.

feathers
feathers

I will donate $0.59 USD to this honey badger spite fund, because 59 a prime number and I just happen to have 59 cents of loose change in my wallet.

That might be enough to print off a couple pages of legal documentation/pokémon fanfiction, or maybe pay for a stick of gum, extra onions on a sandwich, or a brightly-colored sticker that says something in a fancy font, like “#YOLO”, “¿tienés un pajaro?” or “STUD MACHINE!!!”.

venny
venny

“@venny – If you have to sign an exhibitor’s agreement to get a stall, and they had a stall…uh..you do the math”

i meant where can i see proof that it said that in the contract

space garbage
space garbage

As spite is a powerful motivator, I’ve decided to make a donation to the Spite the Money Badgers fund. The amount was in proportion to the paycheck I got today. (Hint: starts with m, ends with eager.) I promise to send more when Paypal starts to accept gold pressed latinum.

I, as many preceding commenters, also find that it is high time to admit feline lawyers to the bar. It is only the logical next step after the well-precedented practice of calling animals to testify:

Trae Dorn

Venny apparently didn’t read MY post which linked directly to Calgary Expo’s policy page.

But hey – it’s a fascinating technique to just ignore direct evidence and claim no one’s presented any.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ space garbage

I *love* that police dog!

maistrechat

@Banana Jackie Cake

I also always end up in Slytherin somehow.

I saw it explained somewhere that the Houses could be described by two factors, one between philosophical and practical and the other between rule-following and rule-breaking.

So Gryffindor is the “practical, rule-breaking”
Hufflepuff is “practical, rule-following”
Ravenclaw is “philosophical, rule-following”
and Slytherin is “philosophical, rule-breaking”

I’ve also seen it “individual-centered” vs. “community centered” and “intellectual” vs. “active” which breaks down more like

Gryffindor is “individual, active”
Hufflepuff is “community, active”
Ravenclaw is “individual, intellectual”
and Slytherin is “community, intellectual”

Which explains the Gryffindor-Slytherin rivalry less about “good’ wizards vs. “bad” wizards than it is about cultural mismatch.

Paradoxical Intention

Venny, we’ve linked you to the rules and contracts pages of the Expo’s website multiple times on multiple threads now. We’re not going to keep doing your fact-checking. We’re not going to keep pointing out the specific clauses they broke, like I did for you a couple of times in the first HB Expo thread.

You’re acting like a goddamned toddler who keeps asking “Why?” every time someone explains something to you. The only difference is I understand that toddlers don’t have the same capacity for understanding that I, an adult, has. You are an adult. Fucking act like it.

Either Google it or go the fuck elsewhere with your JAQing off if you’re not even going to bother to read people’s responses or click links that people have provided you.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

@maistrechat

Huh. That’s very interesting. Kinda explains some things about the characters, too.

If you ever remember where you read that from, can I get a link please?

Skye
Skye

This is pretty off topic, but Natalie Allman in the UK is trying to fight an absurdly misogynistic ruling that is forcing her to keep her abuser (John Hughes) in her life (and that of her children) . If anyone here can donate to her go fund me or help publicize it, that would be awesome. If you look up her story, be aware it is brutal and ugly. All the trigger warnings.

Sorry, David. I hope this is ok

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Skye

That does make pretty grim reading. I actually posted something about Section 8 orders ages ago. Not in relation to this case specifically but generally. The post was to highlight this sort of situation though as a response to someone claiming that family courts were always biased towards women.

Mieze
Mieze

Please accept my “donation” of “eleventeen thousand million hundred dollars.”

Also, I for-serious donated $20 to the WWF. I dedicate that to your “cause.”