antifeminism antifeminist women FemRAs FeMRAsplaining judgybitch misogyny MRA transphobia

MRA Janet Bloomfield: Bruce Jenner “is joining the privileged caste … For the vast majority of men, that isn’t an option.”

Jenner on 20/20
Jenner on 20/20

In an interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, Bruce Jenner has confirmed to the world what many already suspected, that “for all intents and purposes, I am a woman.”

The strangest reaction to this news that I have seen thus far comes from the reliably strange and terrible Janet “JudgyBitch” Bloomfield, who seems to think that Jenner is transitioning out of jealousy of the attention the world pays to Kim Kardashian and her sisters.

Here’s Bloomfield:

Jenner lives in a house filled with crazy, beautiful and incredibly wealthy women who use their looks to generate enormous amounts of income. Surely, it must be clear to him and everyone who watches these fame whores that the power to use tits and ass and turn it into cash resides with women. … Bruce is now set to join the powerful women of his clan as one of their own, and good for him.

Where to even start? At 65 years old. I’m pretty sure that Jenner isn’t looking to use “tits and ass and turn it into cash.”

Bloomfield points out some of the amazing benefits she’s convinced herself Jenner will gain as a woman:

Now that he’s a woman, or soon will be one, the media goes mad to offer him the kindness they deny to men. You can bet the feminist media in particular will trip over themselves to provide Bruce the woman with all the support they routinely refuse to offer men. Bruce now no longer needs to be taught not to rape, because he has magically lost the ability to rape, amirite? Bruce will now be the automatic victim of domestic violence (assuming it’s a man who hits him and not one of those psycho women he lives with). Bruce is now under no obligation to provide evidence for any accusations of sexual assault he cares to make.

Wow. I guess life as a trans woman is one big domestic-abusing, false-accusing party. Who knew?

Bruce is joining the privileged caste …

As a society, we simply don’t give a fuck about men’s pain.  …

Bruce Jenner has solved his problem and closed the empathy gap in a way very few other men can. He became a woman. For the vast majority of men, that isn’t an option, nor should it have to be.

If you need me, I’ll just be here banging my head quietly on my desk.

NOTE: I had used the “he” pronoun in this post because I had read articles saying that was Jenner’s preferred pronoun for now, but it seems that was just for the interview. I’ve reworked the post to remove it.

Kiss-Shot (@SirMcfarlane)

Female MRAs, not as rare as unicorns.

because reasons
because reasons

Men: the answer to all your troubles is….become a woman! That’s some grade A fuckwittery right there.

Hoosier X

Uh … WOW! … That was stupid.

Is she trying to be Ben Carson’s running mate after he gets the GOP presidential nomination?

Sarah
Sarah

Ugh. Here, have a story about a “nurse cat” who helps look after sick and injured animals at a veterinary clinic. http://onemorepost.com/incredible-nurse-cat/

The incredible privilege of usually being the victim of crimes rather than the perpetrator and therefore not usually being targeted by the crime-prevention campaigns that happen extremely occasionally.

ejshoko

most annoying thing (for us women) sometimes is that some men make better women :). She’s really pretty.

Lids

Ah yes, being a trans woman isn’t in fact one of the most dangerous lives you can live, but one of ease and increased respect from others.
Trans women in fact don’t have a high rate of being murdered, they live a life of luxury and increased safety in fact. /sarcasm

Don’t get me wrong, as a wealthy white woman Bruce will be safer than trans women of color and/or poor trans women but the idea that being a trans woman would improve how Bruce is treated is so so ridiculous. Do they actually know how badly trans people, especially trans women are treated? Hell how delusional do you have to be to think that women have it better than men in western society? ??

Anyways, mras are as ignorant as usual lol.

weirwoodtreehugger

Wut?

I don’t even know what to say to that. I’m too tired and brain dead. I’ll wait until the wine takes effect.

Olive O'Sudden
Olive O'Sudden

I guess JudgyBitch thinks the ‘feminist media’ is one homogenous group and she’s completely ignorant of anti-trans feminists who deny trans-women’s identity as women and actively campaign — along with right-wing conservative assholes — to bar trans-women from ‘women-only spaces’ like public restrooms and fitness clubs.

Nequam
Nequam

All that needs to be said about JB is a quip which I will not quote in its entirety but its punchline is “but she lacks the depth and the charm”.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

If we assume Judgy’s logic, I’m unsure why the option to transition is not available to all men. She certainly seems to be advancing the argument that Jenner is seeking to transition in order to reap social rewards. If that were the case, it seems like any man with sufficient access to medical care ought to have the same option open.

Her argument kind of falls apart on its own.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@Nequam

Yeah, that “quip” is not cool. Gendered insults are not okay, and directing them against FeMRAs doesn’t make them okay.

Lady Mondegreen

It’s funny (and, of course, by funny, I mean disturbing,) how they live in a world in which all men are in imminent danger of being accused of domestic violence or sexual assault. Could that be, I wonder, because a goodly proportion of MRAs are actually, you know, perpetrators of domestic violence and sexual assault?

(Bolding added by me.)

Notice how JudgyBitch slipped up there in the middle sentence of her revealing paragraph. She didn’t even bother to assume her hypothetical man is innocent. (Yes, I know. She’s trying to claim-without evidence-that women’s claims of DV are always believed, and women who commit DV get away with it. Even when they assault other women, apparently.)

Victims are “obligated” to provide evidence they were assaulted? Learn something new every day. I thought it was law enforcement’s job to find and collect evidence. So if an MRA is beaten (by a man! Or by a woman!) and left for dead in an alley outside his favorite bar, he has to provide evidence he was assaulted?

opium4themasses

I posted this in an earlier thread but it works better here. Especially since JB thinks all feminists are welcoming to trans people. The comments get pretty bad and have a lot of misgendering.

sn0rkmaiden

Well I guess Judgypants and I follow different media, because all the headlines I’ve been hearing about up to now have been pretty sensationalist and less than supportive.

As an affluent white person he may well be insulated from many of the dangers and discrimination faced by trans individuals, but as a public figure he is not going to have an easy ride over the next few years.

Judgy is such a numpty. Not only is she claiming that Jenner only wants to be a woman because he’s jealous of Kim Kardashian’s bottom being splashed all over the internet; but in another one of her posts she claimed that the real reason Kate Bolick recently published a book about the virtues of spinsterhood, is so evil 30+ single women can scupper the 20+ competition by persuading them to stay single, so presumably us older women can get all the eligible young men to ourselves. Because, you know, that’s totally plausible.

Paradoxical Intention

Paradoxical Intention

And because there is not enough room for all the “fuck you” gifs I want to put, here’s a whole fuckin’ list of ’em.

All for you, Janet.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

@Paradoxical

Thanks you for saying what I was too angry to type.

Also, your link isn’t working.

opium4themasses

@paradox Thank you. I have already sent that to my friends for their use.

Paradoxical Intention

Fragnabbit.

Does this work?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Wikipedia tells me the following thing:

Jenner will star in an eight-part documentary about his transitioning, premiering in July 2015.

I don’t know how I feel about that. I could see that going either extremely well or extremely poorly. It might end up an exploitive mess, or it might end up being something that helps other trans people get through their own transitions.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

Yes, and it is glorious.

Have I told you you’re amazing today? I’ll say it again if I haven’t, you are amazing.

In fact, you’re ALL amazing, every last one of you.

I have to give extra kudos to David, however, for having to deal with this shit on a daily basis. He’s slightly more amazing than the rest, but you’re all still super amazing. It’s like comparing Spider Man to Wolverine, so don’t feel too bad, peeps. Don’t feel too bad.

Paradoxical Intention

@PoM: My only hope is that Bruce will get the biggest say in what goes on in it and it’s less about “ratings” and more about his actual transition.

opium4themasses

I agree. That documentary will probably be a mess. I think they get better.

You know it will be bad if the documentary starts with Jenner putting on make up.

Also, the new link works and is awesome.

Improbable Joe (@ImprobableJoe)

The whole thing is amazingly depressing. The feeling of exploitation by everyone involved, the misogyny and transphobia. It just makes me want to pretend the whole thing never happened.

Bellzee
Bellzee

She’s….I….Really there’s no word to describe the sheer amount of stupidity this woman can write……
@Paradoxical

haha, this song fit the situation perfectly!!

mrex
mrex

This really doesn’t surprise me. I actually am fully supportive of all MRAs being turned into women. They get to be “privileged”, I don’t have to listen to their stupidity because they would suddenly discover misogyny and bitch about that. It’s a win-win.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

“As a society, we simply don’t give a fuck about men’s pain. …”

Ladies and gentlemen these words came out of a rapist, stalker and jokes about punching Paul Elam. It looks like to me she’s the one who doesn’t give a **** about men in general.

Everybody is a potential rapist because anybody could be a rapist. We mostly focus on teaching men and boys not to rape because most sexual predators are men/boys its not misandry it’s just how things are.

And seriously is she stupid? Trans people are always being treated like “freaks” and “mentally ill” and even being killed/committing suicide.

So JB here’s to you

Cthulhu's Intern

So… I don’t think she thought this through. She said that Jenner decided to be a woman, but also says that it’s not an option for most men. Really? Which is it? Do people just “decide” to be trans or not?

Bina

Um, WUT? When he was an Olympian and still closeted, they lionized him as the epitome of manhood. If that ain’t kindness, I don’t know what that is.

Glass houses, Jan. Glass houses.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Bina
“…sez one who stuck hers on a months-old hashtag in a laughably desperate bid for…help me out here, four-letter word starting with F?”

“But It’s okay when I do it!” -JB’s motto

Bina

@fruitloopsie: I know, eh? Everything’s okay when SHE does it. Anyone else does it (and not for self-glorifying reasons, ether) and suddenly they’re a slut and a whore.

I can’t even.

Bina

Aaaargh…should be “either”, not “ether”. I’m coming down with a cold, and I just flounced out of a Facebook rad-fem group that got wayyyyy too effin’ transphobic — oh sorry, “gender critical” — for words.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie
Bina

Awww, thanks. I can always use a kitty. I feel like I’m about to lose a lot of friends, though, because as nice as some people usually are, these ones really just don’t get it…and that bugs me.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Bina
It’s better to lose those friends than stick with them and listen to their garbage. I’m sorry I hope you find better friends.

Bina

Thanks…BTW, just found out that two of my closest FB friends also left that group, for that reason. So I feel a bit less alone now.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Oh thank goodness

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Hooray for REAL friends, who also don’t put up with garbage.

Lady Mondegreen

Considering how entitled they are, and how much whining they do over things like being asked not to rape anybody, I suspect life as a woman would destroy the little hamsternuggets.

jaygee
jaygee

I know this statement of hers is meant to parrot what she thinks feminists believe (therefore it should be false according to her and MRA beliefs), but don’t MRAs act like this is actually true? I also thought JB admitted to basically raping a man before.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

A non-related story, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless, all the Navajo actor in the new Adam Sanders abomination walked off the set for reasons I’ll let the article explain.

Bina

It’s never rape when MRAs do it!

Suzy Q
Suzy Q

Rephrasing a little for context but Janet is referring to the Kardashian/Jenner women as ” fame whores” who use “the power” of “tits and ass and turn it into cash.”

Throw in some mindless vitriol and 4 letter words and that’s exactly what Janet does. Whores herself and her gender for paid airtime on AVFM and the approval of a bunch of woman-hating neanderthals.

I’m with fruitloopsie. JB totally ignores that trans women have been targets of violence, shunned by cis women, and face higher rates of mental illness/suicide when she claims BJ wants to be a woman to reap the benefits of being female. But why quibble over the truth. That doesn’t make for good click bait.

Bina

Still shaking my head over the idea that transitioning = entering a “privileged caste”. Um, what? Women are disadvantaged, and trans women doubly so. Triply so if they’re non-white on top of it all. Maybe Judgy is privileged because as a white cis woman who squats in the MRAsshole treehouse, she’s a wee bit insulated…but I’m still waiting for her to fall afoul of the real ugliness at the heart of that “movement” and get booted out, and then see how privileged and castey she feels…

Dvärghundspossen

Second all the rest. Even if Bruce faces lower risks of actual physical violence than lots of other trans women, and has lots of advantages due to social class etc, it’s still gonna be a tough ride.

scalyllama

Thank goodness Janet Bloomfield is there to remind us that transgender women are the most privileged “caste” in all of history.

It’s hard to remember sometimes, with all the beatings and hate speech.

scalyllama

Also, “caste” – WTF?

It must be Use An Offensive Outdated Word day.

Bianca
Bianca

I can’t be sure, but I think it’d be better to refer to Jenner with she/her pronouns, even if she has said she’s using he/him for now, because it’s fairly common for trans people to put up with the wrong pronouns either due to lack of confidence or because they fear public backlash. For a time, even in queer spaces I went by my birth name and said I didn’t mind which pronouns people used for me, before I became confident enough to say that, yes, I do mind, and I prefer she/her myself.

That said, I haven’t seen the interview, and if it’s as much of a trainwreck as I’ve heard, I don’t think I want to. If this point has specifically been addressed and rejected in the interview, let me know.

1 2 3