antifeminism men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny

“To say that men and women are created equal is to deny that gorillas and humans are different,” and other observations.

Gorillas and women, what's the difference?
Gorillas and women, what’s the difference?

Today, another installment of “Comments I don’t let through.” The “trash” folder on my WordPress comments page is home to a motley assortment of comments that, for whatever reason, I just didn’t feel like approving. Some are violent, some are obscene, some are victim-blaming crap so noxious it might cause some readers to punch holes in their computer screens.

I’m not quite sure why I didn’t let this one through; looking at it now it doesn’t seem any worse than stuff I do let through, and, while mostly keeping to some familiar misogynist themes, it does have a few moments of genuine originality. Maybe I balked because it was one giant wall of text?

Well, I won’t subject you to that. I’ve broken this little manifesto into tasty little paragraphs, and edited out some of its redundancies. Enjoy!

Women that accept the FACT that their main purpose is to nurture and look good so men will choose them are the happiest. Just listen to feminazis on TV and irl…they sound miserable and are so full of hate.

They go through all that effort to try and prove that their equal, when science has proven otherwise …

Don’t get me wrong, I love my girlfriend, and believe that women are the most beautiful creatures on this earth, but physically and mentally are proven to be less than your average male. …

It’s so funny that feminists get so butthurt and try so hard to earn respect only to be … seen as inferior to your average woman.

And if you notice, most feminazis are not attractive…they know that they’ll never find the guy they want because they’re fat or ugly so they go on these moral crusades and debates which are built entirely on emotions and not logic…much like the female brain 🙂

The little smiley at the end is a nice touch, don’t you think?

I wish I could claim this lovely little essay as a We Hunted the Mammoth exclusive, but a little Googling reveals that “Bri” also posted it on Yahoo Answers, which has become known on the Internet for its high-minded discussions of women’s inferior nature.

Falconer

@kirbywarp:

Unlike the man who coined the term “feminazi,” Rush Limbaugh, who is the very model of happiness and love.

I heard the other day that his ratings are in the tank. His audience is shrinking because he’s not attracting new listeners. I think that’s worth celebrating.

Orion

Someone clearly needs to learn more about Evolution

Orion

I messed up my link somehow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsinjFsVJPY

Falconer

@sparky:

It seems unfair that gorilla Wonder Woman has to wear high-heeled red boots, too. That must be awkward.

You know, I don’t have any reliable information at my fingertips about how much stronger gorillas are than humans, but just judging from how much bigger Diana’s guns get over the course of those panels, I think Mr. Invading Alien Gorilla just bought himself a bigger world of hurt than he was going to get.

If only it played out like that. I don’t know how that story plays out, but I’m sure getting changed into a gorilla is supposed to be a setback for Diana. I think in the early Wonder Woman stories, her vanity was supposed to be a weakness, like that was original and interesting. Sigh.

Linux
Linux

We are there only to look hot for ugly assholes?

Also; men and women choose their partners by their own. They dont “get” choosed. No men you arent allowed to play the princess here.

Im glad that my boyfriend sees an actual person in me… woah.

Linux
Linux

Hmm Im thinking what his gf would do if she read this. Or if he has a gf.

suffrajitsu
suffrajitsu

Maybe it’s because men are on average bigger and stronger in terms of raw physical force than women, but I can’t read that tortured analogy without thinking some legitimately man-hating woman somewhere has probably used that exact comparison but with the *men* as the gorillas. Seriously, the misandry just writes itself: men are bigger and stronger than women, but that doesn’t mean they’re superior: no, in fact, they’re inferior, just like how apes are bigger and stronger than humans but less intelligent and civilized!

Also, I’d bet his girlfriend is from Canada.

Jill Lepore’s “The Secret History of Wonder Woman” talks about how William Moulton Marston wanted to give W.W. exclamations like “By Jove!”, but his wife, Sadie Holloway, argued she should only use female exclamations. She actually wrote a list of suggestions, including “Great Hera!” and, yes, “Suffering Sappho!”

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

Writes and thinks like a teenager. The writing style, the blithe acceptance of stereotypes as “facts” “proven by science” (Science!)–I’d swear this was a young kid–

–Except for the fact that I’ve seen the same level of thought from adults in the MRM time after time.

How nice for him that he doesn’t have to prove his equality. He just assumes it.

(It’s “they’re,” sweetheart.)

sparky
sparky

Falconer: According to DC Wiki, that issue was about space gorillas kidnapping Wonder Woman and the Amazon to take back to their planet as brides. The Wiki article doesn’t elaborate, but I’m willing to bet it didn’t end well for the space gorillas.

These toe shoes seem much more comfortable for a gorillas feet, though I don’t know why Diana’s first declaration upon being turned into a gorilla is “KILL ALL HU-MANS!” But sure, let’s go with that.

WickedWitchOfWhatever
WickedWitchOfWhatever

I find the feminists on TV are ugly schtick especially baffling because I think conventionally beautiful feminists are proportionally overrepresented in the feminists that get to go on TV, just like they are in every other category of women that makes it in to the media ( not that the feminists themselves have any control over that and good on them for making as public a stand as they can ). Maybe Bri doesn’t get to see women in his real life, and can only compare them to actresses, models and anchorwomen i.e. women often chosen primarily for their looks.

contrapangloss

(PPT: kind of glad you’re a lousy flouncer, not going to lie)

NicolaLuna
NicolaLuna

I’m sure every time I come to this blog I find out another way I’m feministing all wrong.

So I’m not supposed to have a boyfriend and I’m not supposed to be happy. Are the furrinati going to tell me off because I’ve been with my partner for 5 years have 2 adorable sons and have an amazing job which I love so much. In fairness I earn way more than my boyfriend so I’m misandering effectively.

Admittedly I’m a little down today because today should be the 3rd birthday of my baby boy if he hadn’t passed away during my pregnancy. But generally my life is freaking awesome. I also got a promotion today so it’s about to get better.

But like other posters, feminism gave me strength to push harder and aim higher and achieve more.

Robert
Robert

One thing I’ve learned over the last forty years – any statement that effectively begins with ‘but everybody KNOWS that XYZ, not ABC’ is fuller of fecal matter that a venerable eyelash mite. I happened across it in a screed against the very concept of being trans* – someone actually writing ‘there are boys and there are girls, and everybody knows which are which’.

It must get uncomfortable, living in such a tiny universe.

I wonder what the OP bozo has to say about LGBT people, and whether they’re gorillas, bonobos, or possibly Uruk-hai.*

*Note: A joke. I don’t actually wonder that, and really don’t want to know.

GhostBird
GhostBird

Oh fuck me, what a bunch of tripe. And what kills me is that the ‘you should accept you need to nurture and look good’ is, of course, on this dipshit’s terms, as it almost always is for these jackasses. I’m sure he’d say I was vain and irrational, with my vast collection of makeup and perfume, to say nothing of my newly acquired Art Deco vanity (it’s so cool, I’ve saved so long to have it, oh my gosh). And of course he’d insist on my nurturing *his* children, when I have no more maternal instinct than a hungry bull shark. No adoption options. No just having pets. Women have to nurture my spawn, or else they aren’t doing their job! Waaaaaaaaah!

And then he’d shit his pants knowing I lift just as much as any other man in my line of work without batting an eye. Indeed, I find it useful to use the wings in my wider pelvis to stabilize my carrying heavy boxes of wine, an option my male colleagues don’t have.

I don’t even know where I’m going with this, other than if all of the above makes me a gorilla, I’m a damn fashionable gorilla who gets paid to taste hundred dollar wine. So there.

Olive O'Sudden
Olive O'Sudden

I’m just impressed at how stretchy Wonder Woman’s outfit is; those magically expanding boots are amazing! (It really doesn’t work with the style and proportions of the boot, but the kitten heel on the gorilla-fied pair is pretty darn cute.)

Paradoxical Intention

Oh, divines above, here we go again. Same ol’ straw, different day.

Or maybe women who choose what life they want for themselves are happiest, but can still worry about feminist issues, and you believe the straw-woman you’ve been fed by the media and haven’t spoken to many *ahem* “feminazis” “irl”.

And perhaps women who are talking about negative things that effect them are going to be serious about it instead of all sunshine and rainbows. Because, y’know, serious shit is, in fact, serious.

And anyone who uses the term “feminazi” is a perfectly respectful person. To both Jewish people and women! [/sarcasm]

I think it’s telling that he pulls the “I’m not sexist, I have a girlfriend!” card, and at the same time shows that he only gives a shit about how “beautiful” we look.

but physically and mentally are proven to be less than your average male

I’m just going to leave this here:

And this:comment image

It’s so funny that feminists get so butthurt and try so hard to earn respect only to be … seen as inferior to your average woman.

I read something interesting about “respect” a while ago.

Some people mean “respect” as “being treated like a person”, whereas some other people see “respect” as “being treated like an authority”.

And when that other group of people say “Treat me with respect, and I’ll treat you with respect”, what they mean is “Treat me like an authority, and I’ll treat you like a person”. Which isn’t fucking okay.

Also, holy shit, can we stop trying to categorize women and pit them against one another? Enough with the girl-on-girl hate.

Or maybe I can focus on my appearance and talk about feminist issues! Maybe I can be the prettiest of prettiest princesses and still tell you you and your “facts” are naught more than the most rank of turds. Looks and intelligence are not mutually exclusive, OP.

It’s almost like women are people who have enough intelligence to care about more than one thing at once and multitask! SHOCKING! [/sarcasm]

Translation: “Help! I don’t know what species are! Or what DNA is!”

What did you hope to accomplish with this? Did you want to hurt my delicate little feminine fee-fees? Did you want me to prove that we’re conventionally attractive based on imperialist beauty standards and can please your boner, and thus, are worth listening to?

Nah son.

Some of us are indeed “ugly” by your standards. Some of us are fat. Some of us are hairy. Some of us have wonky teeth, some of us have acne, some of us are short, some of us are tall, some of us are gangly, some of us have big noses, ect.

Because we’re, y’know, people. People with different DNA and genetics that came together to make us who we are. Not everyone fits the Photoshopped magazine girl of your boner fantasies, not all of us feel comfortable with makeup to cover up our “flaws”.

But the FACT that you think that that makes us not worth listening to is extremely telling. And it proves that we do have a point to make. So, thanks for helping us make it.

Yeah, because us silly feeemales just can’t lojik properly!

Never mind the fact that there is such a thing as Emotional Intelligence, and it’s very valuable to you as a person.

Wow. What a turd. I’m going back to Minecraft, where I can summon demons and things make more sense.

brooked
brooked

@Kirbywarp

This is a rather unfortunate construction… men : women :: gorillas : humans? Why the misandry, guy?

Ha, I didn’t catch that before and, as the kids like to say, LOLed.

I also will never stop loving that spell check doesn’t think misandry is a word. I’ve typed that word countless times on this blog and technology itself will have none of it.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Everything that guy said is proof why we need feminism (and womanism) if you only see us as baby making factories and sex objects then you are one of the reasons why we need it. I can’t stand misognists who say that they “love” us and the women in their lives, they don’t; if they do then they wouldn’t think less of us.

I gazillion times LOATHE the term “Feminazi” because it’s extremely insulting to Jews who were brutally tortured and murdered by actual nazis (they were anti feminists themselves) and it’s appalling to think that when men who are Misognists are called “mentally Ill” and when women who are misandrists are called “Feminazis”

Just comes to show that men are more important than women in this world and we are also very, very disrespectful towards to the mentally ill too.

The Knitting Cinephile
“Feminism is about self-esteem and equality.”

I don’t think we should use “equality” or “women being equal to men” anymore because Are we talking about being equal to men of color, poor men, disabled men or are we really talking about being equal to rich, white, abled, cis, straight men? We need to talk about women who are colored, abused, raped, disabled, etc. Feminism is about giving women choices, self esteem like you said, safe spaces, etc.

RubyHypatia
“I get so tired of asshole misogynists claiming women are emotional while men are logical. They claim to be logical while hating on women.”

I’ll say women are the emotional ones when men stop killing us over us saying “no” and getting mangry over pics of male tear mugs, shirts and video games (#notallmen)

Ashley

Ceredwyn Ealanta

But I don’t want to be a gorilla – that means never eating bacon again…they’re almost entirely vegetarians!

lightcastle
lightcastle

@suffrajitsu – I was going to mention that Suffering Sappho dates from way back at the beginning of Wonder Woman. It had its popularity in the late 70s and early 80s among my friends, actually.

nedbeaumontjr

So… “women are the most beautiful creatures on this earth” and also gorillas? This guy shouldn’t be allowed near the zoo.

Sissy
Sissy

Ashley:
“How is it even possible that people are still getting there, they’re, and their wrong?”

I find myself asking the same thing. It’s just like how people are still getting “you’re” and “your” wrong. THE GRAMMAR POLICEWOMAN IN ME IS LIVID. *chugs tea*

“Maybe if they focused on their appearance instead of arguing facts, they might actually surprise themselves and be happy for a change.”

*weakly laughs, sighs* Go step on a mile long stretch of Legos.

Nice to know that not only does it have more holes than Swiss cheese, it’s also copied. Great. They’ve run out of stuff to say that they’re practically copying off of themselves.

rugbyyogi

But if I focus on my appearance too much I might get chosen more than once, and being but a weak willed vessel who does not want to say no to men, my vag could get ruined. It’s so confusing!!!!

actual anonymous

If this is how humanity turns out I would rather be a gorilla.

GrumpyOldMangina

There is an old joke about how a woman lost 240 lbs. of useless, ugly fat. She divorced him.

I vote that the guy in the OP has a real girlfriend, but he’s terrified that she’ll get into feminism and realize — like sunny burn above — that she can make other choices. That would mean that he’d have to do some of the work in the relationship if he wants a girlfriend, and that scares the crap out of him. As long as there are women who believe that they were put on earth to please him, he’s golden, but when they discover that’s not the only choice they can make, he has a lot of cleaning up his act to do.

As to his “arguments”, basically everything should be taken as “I wish this was true.”

Xenophone
Xenophone

Alright, gonna get pedantic on ya’all so sit tight and read carefully:

Equality between 2 objects, particularly in formal logic and computer programming(since I’m a c0d3r) means that they are indistinguishable from one another. But it can also mean that 2 groups of people defined by certain common traits that are distinguishable from one another by various bases have equal rights under the law and the same social standards are applied to both of them. Now in the case of men and women, well, these 2 groups of humans clearly ARE distinguishable from one another biologically when it comes to genetics, anatomy, reproductive physiology, metabolism, as well as neuroanatomy and brain function. But the analogy of men & women to gorillas and humans is a bad one. Sexual dimorphism is not the same as 2 distinct species. The definition of a species is a group of organisms that have the same number of chromosomes, common phenoytype traits, and most importantly 2 members of this species(or taxon) can reproduce sexually to produce offspring with the same common traits as both their parents.

So I interpret “men and women are created equal” to mean that neither sex is superior to the other. Not to mean that they’re basically the same because that’s just so obviously false. Teaching boys and girls that the 2 sexes as biologically interchangeable is a very destructive lie. Kids grow up into adults that will be confused and frustrated because they will be conditioned to expect something and won’t understand why reality doesn’t meet their expectations. But lets’ face it: Men cannot get pregnant and have babies! We don’t have a uterus and our bodies aren’t designed to withstand that kind of intense, prolonged pain. But the fact that the sexes are different doesn’t contradict the fact that both sexes are of equal importance and value.

Myoo
Myoo

@Xenophone
Some men (i.e. trans men) have uteri and can get pregnant. Also, people’s capabilities are more often than not unrelated to their gender, so teaching kids that their gender determines who they are is probably going to be far more confusing and frustrating.

Robert
Robert

Xenophone – are you entirely certain that ‘pedantic’ is what you were being? Because I have a green belt in Pedantry, and I would describe your glurge differently.

In short, I have never heard of anyone with any influence over the education and socialization of children teaching them that the two most popular genders are ‘biologically interchangeable ‘. People who do not produce breast milk cannot be wet nurses, and people who do not produce sperm cannot be sperm donors. Almost every other distinction between the genders is (brace yourself) a social construct.

Xenophone
Xenophone

I have serious doubts that these social constructs were deliberately invented. Culture is a collective process and many social rules evolve as a result of the external conditions of the environment. That said, biology is something that society and culture must adapt to and cannot change without recombinant DNA technology(which still has not advanced to the point where we have transgenic humans though this is definitely subject to change in the future).

@Xenophone

Pre-op trans men do have uteri because they’re biologically female. And perhaps some will decide to get pregnant though most have zero interest in doing so and prefer to have sex reassignment surgery to remove their ovaries and uterus. But trans-women(pre-op OR post-op) do not and thus they can never fulfill the biological role of a woman. But keep in mind that transgendered people are less than 1% of the human population and do not represent the majority of human beings. Recent evidence suggests that GIDs are epigenetic and not some voluntary choice to rebel against the social norms. With the exception of the transgendered, a persons biological sex is hugely important in defining who they are and that’s why boys and girls need to understand that men and women are different and distinguishable from one another.

Neon Vincent

@suffrajitsu and @lightcastle Thanks for posting those comments about the origins of Wonder Woman’s catchphrase. I agree it needs to be revived. That written, be prepared for people to start googling it and retrieving the page on Superdickery.com with that name. Wonder Woman’s creator’s kinks live on! As for the panels our host used to illustrate this entry, they would fit better in another page of Superdickery, Everything’s better with monkeys. I’m surprised it’s not there already.

mrex
mrex

@xenophone “a persons biological sex is hugely important in defining who they are and that’s why boys and girls need to understand that men and women are different and distinguishable from one another.”

Gender isn’t that big of a deal. There are differences on the group level, sure, but all that matters to a young boy or girl should only be their own, individual, capabilities. They shouldn’t even have to concern themselves with what is “normal” for their gender.

mrex
mrex

As to the OP,

“To say that men and women are created equal is to deny that gorillas and humans are different. …

And if you notice, most feminazis are not attractive…they know that they’ll never find the guy they want because they’re fat or ugly so they go on these moral crusades and debates which are built entirely on emotions and not logic…much like the female brain :)”

vs.

Niceness, Politeness, and `Dignity’: Every man, deep down, knows he’s a worthless piece of shit. Overwhelmed by a sense of animalism and deeply ashamed of it; wanting, not to express himself, but to hide from others his total physicality, total egocentricity, the hate and contempt he feels for other men, and to hide from himself the hate and contempt he suspects other men feel for him; having a crudely constructed nervous system that is easily upset by the least display of emotion or feeling, the male tries to enforce a `social’ code that ensures perfect blandness, unsullied by the slightest trace or feeling or upsetting opinion. He uses terms like `copulate’, `sexual congress’, `have relations with’ (to men sexual relations is a redundancy), overlaid with stilted manners; the suit on the chimp… (emphasis mine)

-Valerie Solanas, SCUM Manifesto

Now I finally have figured out why the SCUM Manifesto is thought of as sexist, Valerie forgot her smilie. Silly Valerie. 🙂

Bina
Bina

Oh great, the old sex dimorphism argument. Where have I heard that before…

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I’ve heard this argument trotted out numerous times and it has never been backed up. Not even the merest attempt to back it up has ever been made.

Produce for me these young adults who are so confuuuuuuuuuused (and frustrated!) because they were taught that girls and boys are more similar than they are different. What exactly confuses them? Why are they frustrated? Do produce your sources or stfu.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

@Xenophone

Since you are a self-described “coder” and not a neuroscientist, biologist, psychologist or sociologist, your doubts about whether or not social constructs exist doesn’t matter. Being able to write code doesn’t make you knowledgeable in anything but being able to code. Give us links to as many papers you can from the last five years (which has been peered reviewed preferably) that disproves gender as a social construct and then we can start taking what you said seriously.

I’d suggest that maybe you should read up on some world history so you can learn about the many gender roles around the world. The many Native American tribes had TONS of gender roles in of themselves, with the Navajo having FIVE genders, the Hopi being matriarchal, and the Sioux had extremely rigid roles compared to many other tribes of North America.

Xenophone
Xenophone

@Banana Jackie Cakes: If you think I know nothing about neuroscience, psychology, or even sociology, think again. I don’t claim that social constructs are non-existent, but if you claim that the differences between men and women are purely a social construct than present your evidence and explain how pregnancy and childbirth are social constructs. I’m sick of this nature vs nurture false dichotomy! It’s not an either/or, it’s a combination of both.

The innate gender of the brain really IS THAT BIG OF A DEAL. Gender identity has a biological basis in the human brain and when there’s a mismatch between it and the sex of the body that is where Gender Identity Disorders come into play. Gender really is that big of a deal whether you like it or not.

Now I do not claim that men and women have the same roles in other culture. But I do maintain that there is NO culture where men and women have completely identical roles. And a big reason for this is that men cannot physically bear children.

Xenophone
Xenophone

What about the case of David Reimer?

His penis was accidentally destroyed during a botched circumcision. He was coerced into being transgendered by being raised as a girl against his will and it caused him such psychological distress that he took his own life.

It was a gender-bending psychological experiment that ended in failure and tragedy. What exactly do you think that you will accomplish by teaching boys and girls that the sexes are basically the same and that gender is entirely a social construct? You have a hypothesis that was experimentally tested and the data doesn’t fit your hypothesis.

Ingmar
Ingmar

@Xenophone, if gender roles are so natural, what’s the point of having constructs to enforce to people who happen to not live to those expectations? You yourself mentioned something about rebeling against their roles.