#gamergate alpha males anti-Semitism antifeminism cultural marxism dark enlightenment drama kings entitled babies evil SJWs grandiosity homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny not-quite-explicit threats patriarchy reactionary bullshit red pill vox day

Vox Day: Christians need to follow the lead of #GamerGate and the Spanish Inquisition to defeat seculars, Satan

NOBODY expects the, well, you know.
NOBODY expects the, well, you know.

Over on Vox Popoli, everyone’s favorite far-right fantasy author Vox Day (Theodore Beale) is pig-biting mad that pizza parlors in Indiana won’t be allowed to refuse service to gay people. And so he’s doing his best to rally the troops for a real-world Culture War Deathmatch, urging Christians — or at least the right kind of Christians — to “stop their cowardly cowering before the world” and start acting like “the apostles and martyrs and crusaders and inquisitors who preceded them.”

Oh, and like the dudes who’ve been having a giant public temper tantrum about video games and evil SJWs with dyed hair for the past 7 months:

It’s time for the church leaders and the heads of Christian families to start learning from #GamerGate, to start learning from Sad Puppies, and start leading.

Sad Puppies, by the way, is a #GamerGatish coalition of anti-SJW warriors in the science fiction community who are fighting to save the world by stuffing the Hugo Awards ballot box.

Start banding together and stop accommodating the secular world in any way. Don’t hire those who hate you. Don’t buy from those who wish to destroy you. Don’t work with those who denigrate your faith, your traditions, your morals, and your God. Don’t tolerate or respect what passes for their morals and values.

Including tolerance itself.

Religious liberty in America is dead. Well and good. That was a fatal mistake by the other side, because now that they don’t respect our religious liberty, we have no reason or responsibility to respect theirs. Now it’s just a raw power struggle and we have the numbers, we have the indomitable will of the martyrs, and we have the certain knowledge of God on our side.

Embrace your fanaticism! God hates Depression Quest and John Scalzi — He told me so — and so should you!

I mean, you’re not in league with — could it be? —SATAN?

They have nothing but the carnal desires to which they are enslaved and the Prince of this fallen world, who has already been defeated by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Apparently this defeated Prince still needs some more defeating.

We are not given a spirit of fear. We are the sons and daughters of the Crusades and of the Inquisitions, institutions so terrible that they strike terror in human hearts nearly one thousand years later.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise…surprise and fear…fear and surprise…. Our two weapons are fear and surprise…and computer games about orcs and trolls that have no ladies in them. Our three weapons …

We are the heirs of Christendom. They cannot defeat us and they cannot defeat our Lord. Augustus and the pagan emperors of Rome failed. The Ottoman emperors failed. The French Revolutionaries failed. The Communist killers of Spain, the Soviet Union, and China failed. The post-Christian seculars of the latter-day USA will fail too.

Yeah, keep us posted on how that goes, Ted.

Naturally, Mr. Beale’s thoughtful followers have some thoughtful thoughts on it all. Mr.MantraMan suggests shunning the “politicals.”

The SJWs are womanish, this is a tantrum by infantilized white so called adults, we cant send the little bitches to their rooms but we can shun them with barely disguised malice.

As for demographics, the colored folk if you will tolerate them they do not love the SJW, at all.

W.LindsayWheeler suggests that what we really need is a, well, return of kings.

We have to return to Throne And Altar that is the ONLY antidote to Liberalism, not more ideologies.

Vic, meanwhile, is fighting the evil secular Devil-worshippers by … uploading Miley Cyrus songs to torrent sites. No, really.

I have already started soft warfare myself, sharing all miley cyrus, elton john, and any other of these blowhards trashy songs I happen to have, uploading on torrent sites …. Two can play these hit `em in the pocketbook games … .

Al Cibiades thinks we should restrict the vote to married couples. And by married couples he means married men:

I propose a familial suffrage amendment while we have the numbers. One woman and one man = one vote. If single people are interested in “change” let them have a stake in how it directly affects the future. More or less I believe it would return some of the balance before women’s suffrage unleashed these ills upon us.

Tom believes that the children are our future.

Ya’ll need to have more Christian children. My homeschooled Christian horde of 7 need spouses who also believe in homeschooling and large families so they can each have their own horde of little homeschooled Christians. If each of them manage just 5 kids each, that’s 35 Christian grandkids. …

At this point I stopped reading the comments.

Amanda
Amanda

“The elite WASPs have bought into Masonry and Cultural Marxism, our media is owned by Jews who ensure Liberals as journalists and editors. You’ve lost control of the direction of the society.”

Conspiracy Theory BINGO!

Nequam
Nequam

It’d be nice if there was a way to get Vox Day to be quiet for a while [somewhat harsh language removed by DF]
[Yes, that’s harsh. I think it’s just that today was actually mostly a good day and this just feels like a buzzkill. Maybe a new Open Thread is in order?]

Andrew Hickey
Andrew Hickey

“They cannot defeat us and they cannot defeat our Lord. Augustus and the pagan emperors of Rome failed.”
Funny, I’ve read the Bible, and I’ve read a lot about Roman history, and I don’t remember anything in either that talks about Augustus trying and failing to defeat Teenage Jesus, which you’d think would have been mentioned. Augustus, of course, died in 14 AD…
“Day” really does have a very… special… grasp of facts, doesn’t he?

Sunny Burn

Fuck. It’s always a little terrifying to remember that these sorts of people still exist.

Bonelady
Bonelady

You are braver than I am, Dave. I never read the comments if I can help it. They are incredibly toxic. I’ve been reading Vox Popoli for 3 years now – it is very helpful in providing bad examples for my Human Diversity class. But I learned early on not to read the comments. It’s as though his commenters feel that they have to “outvox” Vox. Ick.

magnesium
magnesium

I can only think of one reason why he’d capitalize “Prince”. comment image

I knew Prince was behind this somehow. It’s call coming together, now. We’re through the looking glass, here, people.

Charles RB
Charles RB

When the Sad Puppies put Vox on their lists, they’re saying “this man is a standard bearer for conservative writers”. That is the single most offensive thing you could say about conservative sci-fi writers and you’re supposed to be advocating for them!

sn0rkmaiden

‘By the way, my eldest, a 12 year old, is the only one who even knows that homosexuals exist. That is really only because it came up in a couple sermons at church and she asked questions.’

Oh dear, a girl asking questions? They’d better nip that in the bud. It’s pesky things like girls asking questions that leads to girls not wanting to get married in their teens and pop out five home schooled babies.

proxieme
proxieme

I’ll give this to the uber-conservative paternalist Inquisition-Christian types: At least they’re consistent.

Noooooo hemming and hawing like MGTOWs or spine-breaking internal contradictions like PUAs.

Consistent.

Consistently wrong and awful, mind you, but consistent.

vanir85

*Sigh* – to hate liberty and freedom for people who disagree with you, to the extent you’d wamt to return the world to the dark ages.

These people need to be protected from themselves.

proxieme
proxieme

And re: the Quiverfull Movement: Good luck with that, buddy.

I’ve seen it backfire somethin’ fierce.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Just to go with a bit of legal trivia. It was the Spanish Inquisition that first introduced the concept of “the presumption of innocence” into Western jurisprudence.

vanir85

– Alan Robertshaw

I doubt it’s any positive side effects of this horrible institution Vox has hot dreams about, more likely it’s the persecution of wrong-thinkers and uppity women that has him drooling.

GhostBird
GhostBird

What a load of tripe. Honestly, I hope these guys do withdraw from secular society. I suggest they all retire to some barely populated site in the middle of the plains, and we construct a bunch of walls around them. A sort of inverted attack on Titan, if you will.

Mingnon
Mingnon

Hell, the Dragon Age Inquisition’s been better than anything this net’s coming up with.

vanir85

From the much less… bad… part of the article, that Vox simply quotes/references:

“[…] our culture has lost the ability to reason together, because too many of us want and believe radically incompatible things.”

This is something I actually agree with, but it is not a new thing – it has been like this for fair amount of time. I think it’s just something we just now are starting to realize. There can be no true common culture, no real cooperation, between let’s say – traditional patriarchal-minded christians and those who do not agree that women should be subjugated, or who think that consenting adults should be able to sex or marry whomever they damn well please.

There is no chance of real cooperation, of any real trust, between two. The common ground is so vanishingly small they might as well be different species, their visions for how things should be are not only incompatible – they are mutually exclusive.

weirwoodtreehugger

I love how that one commenter actually thinks most married couples have any desire to take voting rights away from single people.

lightcastle
lightcastle

My friend Matthew actually declined his nomination on the Sad Puppies (and the Rabid Puppies) slate, for a host of reasons.

Regan
Regan

Long time reader, first time to comment. I admit to being some where close to that sort of Christian before I deconverted. I was conservative growing up but I just didn’t embrace all the crazy. I thought it was unfair but at least I figured it was consistent. I can’t imagine ever being *that* (self)hateful again. Honestly all this vile mess comes from a place of fear.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

I met Jesus at a clothing optional pagan campground in upstate New York in 2005. Cool guy. Mary Magdalene was also nice.

I feel confident that He would not be on board with this at all.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

You know these people don’t have good intentions in mind when they call a group of children a “horde”. There’s nothing good that’s ever been called a “horde”.

(For the Horde! For Sylvanus!)

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

It’s genuinely disturbing that they seem to be talking about Liberalism in the sense of Kant and Mill, human rights and democracy, rather than liberalism as a weird code word for the American left. Or maybe they just don’t understand the difference? Regardless, they want to move us back to… I don’t know, the 1500s? Before the enlightenment, certainly.

They are against equality, autonomy, dignity, and reason. No, really, seriously, that’s what they’re fighting against. It took me a while after reading this blog to fully understand that there were people who believed this.

Bina
Bina

Dear Jesus, save me from your so-called followers. AND their idiotic idea of what democracy should look like.

Amen.

bekabot

You know these people don’t have good intentions in mind when they call a group of children a ‘horde.’ There’s nothing good that’s ever been called a ‘horde.’

Well, it’s better than “hoard,” at least. (I think.)

portlantonio

Vox Day, welcome to various government watch lists.

Seriously, “indomitable will of the martyrs? Does he know whe he not know who he sounds like? Does he care?

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

A “horde” is a large group of things or people, used with about the same way as “swarm”.

To “hoard” is to store, usually used in a negative connotation like “hiding away a stash” and being greedy and stuff…I guess it IS better, because “hoard” sounds like they’re kidnapping all those children…

I don’t think we should rule out they misspelt…

(JK)

kellyrtillson

This is horrifying. I just want to say, I am one of five kids from a Christian, homeschooling family, and EVERYTHING about Gamer gate is the complete antithesis to our family’s homeschooling philosophy. While there are definitely substantial strata of the Quiverfull subculture, the vast majority of homeschooled families I know were academically and creatively minded who were motivated in part by their public school system’s failure to teach critical, individual thinking and allow kids to learn at their own paces (often slower, usually faster…)
And for these appalling human beings to try to appropriate Christianity for their misogynistic hate movement is outrageous. That just. No.

Paradoxical Intention

Wow.

“You’re not letting us discriminate how we want to! You obviously hate us and want us dead and gone!”

“No, I just want you to quit smacking me and everyone else about the head with your Bibles. Some of us are Christian, but not all of us are, and we’d appreciate being peaceful about this-”

“RISE UP IT’S TIME FOR WAR, BRETHREN. WE MUST SHUN THE GAYS FOR THEY WISH TO SEE US ALL MURDERED AND SODOMIZED.”

That’s enough projection for a cinaplex. : /

Since when does “You can’t be mean to/shun people you disagree with.” become “You’re terrible and we wish you all were dead!”?

These people take “my way or the highway” to a very disturbing extreme.

suffrajitsu
suffrajitsu

Are you familiar with the “Dark Enlightenment” branch of neoreactionaries? (I can’t remember if Vox Day has officially declared himself one.) Some of the things they’ve called for include a return to abolition of women’s suffrage, slavery, and–yes–monarchy.

For what it’s worth, the Enlightenment, while certainly a step forward in terms of advancing science and reason (at least, as ideals), wasn’t necessarily so enlightened as far as gender or race went. They pretty much popularized the idea of “scientific” racial classification and arguably cemented the ideas of intrinsic gender differences and natural hierarchies even more in the culture.

Regan
Regan

I just wanted to add that Vox is simply a huge coward. Shouldn’t he be somewhere in South America spreading The One True Gospel instead of writing shitty science fiction.

artemisflight

Reblogged this on Artemis Flight Books and commented:
Vox Day: At it again.

Bill
Bill

“Augustus and the pagan emperors of Rome failed. The Ottoman emperors failed. The French Revolutionaries failed. The Communist killers of Spain, the Soviet Union, and China failed. The post-Christian seculars of the latter-day USA will fail too.”

Notice the difference between Rome, the Ottoman Empire Revolutionary France, and the communist countries, Christians were brutally persecuted for refusing to renounce their faith. In the United States, certain groups of Christians believe they are being persecuted because Christianity is not the state religion and people who they dislike are allowed to live in peace. Notice the fundamental difference between the two?

Paradoxical Intention

suffrajitsu | April 4, 2015 at 8:45 pm

I don’t know if they know this, but they can’t all be king. : /

Not like I’d vote for them anyways!

Vox Day goin’ around calling for the discrimination of queer folk is no basis for a system of government!

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Shorter Vox Day: “Freedom means I get to do whatever I want to whoever I want (especially if they are worthless due to being a woman or not white). Oppression is them preventing me or complaining about it.”

Shalimar
Shalimar

We are not given a spirit of fear.

You chose the wrong character class. Spirits of fear kick ass.

Do you kiss your mother with that ass?

I propose a familial suffrage amendment while we have the numbers.

So, your plan is to have 38 states approve an amendment taking voting rights away from all women and non-married men? What numbers do you think you have? You really think there is any chance in hell that amendment won’t lead to 90%+ turnout from all the people who will never get to vote again if it passes? Ok, then,

Tom believes that the children are our future.

“Teach them hell and make them fear the gays.”

MooMoo Cow
MooMoo Cow

Reader for a few months here, but a first time poster. I kinda cheated and peeked at the welcome package.

For starters, I identify as a nondenominational Christian. Raised in a conservative Christian household, overwhelming majority of my non-immediate family is Catholic. I’m not a big-time Biblical scholar, but I do know my way about a good/decent number of things in regards to the faith.

I’m utterly confused by Vox Day’s usage of Christianity to provide his stance on many a social issue. For starters, why the call to band together and altogether shun the non-Christian world? It absolutely reeks of Pharisee thinking, and completely flies in the face of Jesus’ words and actions (dining and communing with sinners and the Great Commission immediately come to mind). Kinda tough to use Christianity as a rallying cry while disregarding… Christianity.

And why are they so quick to take up the Crusades and the Inquisition for their cause? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, as those are prime examples (especially the Crusades) of using Christianity to promote a political agenda/course of action. I dunno if Day or his allies/readers are Catholic, and while it is meager, but Pope John Paul II did apologize on behalf of the church for the Crusades and the Inquisition (among many things), but if the head of the largest sect of Christianity in the world recognizes that they were atrocities and want to separate themselves from those actions, why is Day so quick to promote them?

It really makes me wonder how much of a grasp Day has on Christianity, much less the Bible. Then again, given how he’s a staunch advocate of GamerGate and a (equally?) staunch opponent of women’s rights, I’m considering that it’s not as much as he thinks he does.

Neon Vincent

@Amanda

“Conspiracy Theory BINGO!”

Not quite. Bingo cards are five squares across and I only count three squares, Masons, Jews, and Communists, maybe four if one adds in Liberal Journalists. It needs one or two more, say New World Order, Illuminati, or Aliens, especially Reptilians. I wonder what David Icke thinks of GamerGate.

That written, the Mens Rights Movement is full of kooks. I had a run-in with an earlier incarnation of them, soc.men on Usenet, about a decade ago and came away thinking they were both nutty and well-organized, about the same as the Sovereign Citizen movement. Good thing both of them were a bunch of otherwise harmless clowns back then. Both have become much more dangerous since.

RC
RC

So, on topic, I am so glad that I only vaguely know who Vox Day is and that I’ve never actually read any of his work before. The man sounds completely and utterly off his rocker.

Kind of on a side-topic, I checked out that link about the Sad Puppies thing, and I found myself both extremely disappointed and extremely unsurprised that Larry Correia was involved. I want to like his books, they’re fun, silly adventure stories about a rag-tag team of mercenaries fighting monsters and shooting werewolves, vampires and zombies in the face. Nothing too deep, nothing that will change your world, but they’re light reading, and a fun way to read away an afternoon. Larry Correia the actual man though is just so loud, and so obnoxious sometimes, shouting about how republicans just aren’t conservative enough any more, and now this whole crusade he’s been on about how sci-fi and fantasy are intentionally trying to keep conservative authors down because they’re a bunch of evil big-city liberals. It’s just so disappointing.

He is very rapidly moving into Orson Scott Card territory for me, where my dislike of the person is hindering my desire to support him, or to enjoy his work.

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

@Regan: Welcome! Help yourself to a welcome package! It’s on the sidebar to the right, just click on the scented candle. There’s also a short manual on acceptable language on this blog, including why we don’t generally use “crazy” as a negative descriptor here. Welcome again and hope to see more from you!

As for the OP, yeah, I was wondering when this particular douchebag would show his true colours. I already knew he is an irredeemably vile piece of trash that should never be close to another human being, but it is really no surprise that he’s an authoritarian personality obsessed with power, strength, dominance and other toxic values most of our “liberal” society understands can actually be a bad thing. The moment you say out loud things like

you should really start to wonder whether you might be in the wrong here. If your arguments are so logically and ethically indefensible that you have to back them up with force and the threat of force, you are probably the baddie.

The same exact things Pox Day describes there have been said about conservative Islamic extremist groups (at least by Western media). But somehow they’re presented as bad because… umm… I really can’t think of any other answer to that besides racism.

Paradoxical Intention

That’s quite a few leaps of faith you’re taking there, Voxxy boy.

One, you’re assuming that we’re going to fight you on this. We’re not. Us queer people don’t give a shit about your bigot tantrums. So sorry other people see us as, y’know, people.

Two, you think you’re the majority. Surprisingly, most of the Christians (of several denominations) that I know of would think you’re full of shit, and rightly so. ‘Course, I’m a heathen pagan, so what the fuck do I know about “loving thy neighbor” and “turning the other cheek” and all that “be a good person” jazz Jesus wanted you to do?

Three, “We have the indomitable will of the martyrs”. What, so if you can’t oppress people, you’ll hold your breath until you pass out? You’ll get yourself sent to jail? Either way, please do.

Four, how do you know God is on your side? Because a book written by humans told you so? I don’t mean to step on toes here (and please tell me if I do), but I’ve always been dubious of the notion that “God is on my side”. God created all of us, right? Why the fuck would xie pick sides? What makes you so damn sure that he loves you more than the queer people he also made? Or anyone else for that matter?

What makes you so sure that xie, in xie’s omnipotence (that you claim xie has) wasn’t already aware who was going to be queer and who wasn’t, and that xie would care about who’s boinking who?

For fuck’s sake, you’d think an eternal, omnipotent being would have better things to do than to worry about who’s fucking who. What, is the entire universe high school or something?

Does God call up xie’s friend Buddha on the weekend to gossip about how I think Christina Hendricks is hot? Is xie like “Oh. My. ME. Buddha, you aren’t going to believe this shit. I was spying on Paradoxical, and she was, like, totes having dirty thoughts about Christina Hendricks. Like, seriously? That girl needs to go to church or something, y’know what I’m sayin’?”

On another note, isn’t God also all-loving? Doesn’t xie forgive sinners? Doesn’t xie condone violence (at least, IIRC, New Testament God does. Old Testament God was a bit more angry)?

Why do you think your God wants this?

Paradoxical Intention

Sorry, I tried to keep the God talk gender-neutral, but bleh. I made a few mistakes here and there. : P

Lam
Lam

And then they try to say that feminists are the irrational and sexist ones. Do these people really not know how disgusting and twisted their thinking is, or do they just not care?

The more I read on the Internet, the more of this thinking I see, and the sadder and more angry I get. Then I have to remember that as small as feminism seems, divide that by like a thousand, and you have these people.

Then you hear someone offline express an idea similar to this, and it’s like.. FUCK. There’s traces of this BS in otherwise (seemingly) nice people.

Jo
Jo

Muslims seem to be expected to publicly renounce every murdering shitstain who flies the flag of their religion, so I will do the same.

As a Christian, I apologise for the vile Vox Day and renounce his twisted teaching. He does not represent or indeed resemble any of the Christians I associate with. I hope his behaviour does not lead to a rise in anti-Christian sentiment, as I believe we follow a religion of love.

Yuk. I’m glad I have the privilege of being able to ignore scumbuckets who claim to share my religion. I can’t imagine how depressing it must be for those who are expected to apologise for extremists on a regular basis.

weirwoodtreehugger

RC,
I don’t know Larry Correia, but it reminds me a bit of Dean Koontz. I used to find his books entertaining. They’re nothing meaningful or important, but he’s good at writing suspense so his books used to be worthy time passers. Lately though, he just seems to be increasingly bitter and reactionary. I got a couple of his more recent books for free as hand me downs and they’re almost unreadable. They’re basically screeds about how depraved today’s world is. Blech!

I guess I’ll have to stick to rereading my old Christopher Pike books when I want to get my mindless thriller on.

Moggie
Moggie

Ooh, is Theo finally going to use that flaming sword he has? Or will he leave all the struggling and martyring to other people, while he watches from behind his keyboard?

NicolaLuna
NicolaLuna

“By the way, my eldest, a 12 year old, is the only one who even knows that homosexuals exist. That is really only because it came up in a couple sermons at church and she asked questions.”

Why would anyone be proud of ignorance?? Literally bragging that their kid *doesn’t* know something pretty big. What if that kid is gay or trans? These jerks would probably exclude her or try to pray the gay away.

Catalpa
Catalpa

Ugh, when Jesus talked about how the world would view his followers with scorn, I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean it to be in the “because most people who claim to be Christian are irredeemable shitstains” manner.

Dammit, how the fuck do people take a philosophy that’s supposed to espouse love, forgiveness, and pacifism and turn it into “WE MUST DESTROY/SHUN/OPPRESS THE SHIT OUT OF ANYONE WHO IS DIFFERENT”. This is why I have trouble going to church now, because I don’t know how many people around me subscribe to horribly bigoted beliefs while singing about how God loves everyone. It makes me feel ill.

Oh, right, and happy Easter.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Hate to Godwin here, but…… Wasn’t that more or less the kind of rhetoric that resulted in Kristallnacht? It’s really worrying when these creeps turn their thoughts to actual Dark-Ages-style religious persecution as a means to an end.

M.
M.

Well hey, everyone knows that Jesus said:

Providence has ordained that I should be the greatest liberator of humanity. I am freeing man from the restraints of an intelligence that has taken charge, from the dirty and degrading self-mortification of a false vision called conscience and morality, and from the demands of a freedom and independence which only a very few can bear.

… Oh, no, wait, that was Hitler. I meant Hitler.

(Sorry for the Godwin, but… Come on, like AF said, dude literally talks like Hitler.)