no trolls allowed open thread

Open thread for personal stuff, April 2015 Hypnokitty Edition

You will be assimilated.
You will be assimilated.

Here’s an open thread for personal stuff, continued from here. You know the drill: No trolls, no MRAs/PUAs/MGTOWs etc, be nice. Email the mods/me if shit gets weird.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Oh, and if you decide you’d like the books, no $ will be required. Combined they cost me less than an Egg McMuffin, and shipping won’t be expensive. And I had fun looking for them. πŸ™‚

Rabukurafuto
Rabukurafuto

All right, I would like both books please.

They are trying to rebuke not judging a work by the author. They do invite people to see Beale’s free words to see how awful he is without buying his stuff. That said, mocking his work can be seeing as taking power from bigots like how this blog does.

Rabukurafuto
Rabukurafuto

Oh, reach me at Tofurakubura@yahoo.com to work this out.

contrapangloss

So, if any of you remember me feeling frustrated over a facebook stalker… who is now blocked and hopefully will never be seen again.

I just found out he was actually creepier than I thought. Like… tinfoil hat territory involved with a militia that thinks Cliven Bundy and Schaeffer Cox are constitutionalist heroes.

Also, that he’s been a jerk for a while. A friend of mine apparently knew him in high school. She blocked and defriended him after he started ‘dating’ her while ‘dating’ another girl and not telling either of them that the other existed.

So, yeah. I think I dodged a bullet there, even if the bullet was extremely annoying and anxiety-making when it whistled past!

Also, it’s kind of been a wake up call. Like, I knew that there were people who believed that kind of rot, but I hadn’t ever pictured them as folks I’d ever have to deal with…

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Ugh, I’m sorry that dude turned out to be worse than your wildest dreams, contrapangloss. That’s scary.

@contrapangloss

That really sucks. Nice dodge. πŸ™‚

gilshalos

*repeats to herself ‘It dosen’t matter I’ve lost my kindle recharger, I have ordered a new one.’ ‘It dosen’t matter I’ve lost my kindle recharger, I have ordered a new one.’ ‘It dosen’t matter I’ve lost my kindle recharger, I have ordered a new one.’*

shakes anyway

gilshalos

Books, even more than my meds, are sanity pills.

maistrechat

@gilshalos

Since you’re posting here, I’m assuming you have internet access, so you should be able to use Amazon’s in-browser reader for your Kindle books.

It’s not exactly an ideal way to read but it might work as a temporary stop-gap.

dhag85

Also maybe kindle app for your phone if nothing else? πŸ™‚

dhag85

So, tomorrow I’ll be in the hospital for 5-6 hours for my first IV treatment thingy. Starting at 7.30 AM, which means I need to be out of here by 6.15. Which means I need to get up at 5. πŸ™

chronic lurker
chronic lurker

@Contrapangloss
Oh man, very very very good thing you blocked him.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

@dhag85 – Lord, that’s rough. I was the getaway driver for my brother when he had minor surgery a few weeks ago, and we had a similar start time. We were both friggin’ delirious, which was kind of fun. But his procedure only lasted about an hour and a half. Six hours…yuck. I hope you can sleep a little after they get your IV started.

gilshalos

Hugs to dhag85!
Charger has arrived and is currently being used.

dhag85

I’m up!! πŸ™‚ The cats are so confused.

Thanks for the sympathy, Flying Mouse and gilshalos.

contrapangloss

Good luck dhag85!

Probably you won’t see this til after you go in, but best of luck and hope it helps. Your kitties will survive their confusion. πŸ™‚

Gilshalos, glad your charger came in!

Thanks, contrapangloss πŸ™‚

Typing from the hospital bed now! I’ve never had a needle in my arm for an extended period of time before, so this feels pretty uncomfortable. However, there’s free wifi so I can google cat pics.

Also, the nurses here say it will only take 3 hours instead of 5-6. So now I’ll have 2-3 extra hours to kill later today. Might play some more Resident Evil!

dhag85

Apparently I have extremely good blood pressure. Huge relief.

dhag: Sorry you’re having such a long, un-fun treatment. Would you like some gifs to entertain you?

@katz

Yes please! :p Aww look at the big, difficult kitty.

Here is Pangur Ban, one of my kittens.

IT’S ALL WHITE FURRED

dhag85

Ok, I’ve calmed down from the initial cuteness shock. πŸ™‚

We have an all black girlcat

And my brother has an all white girlcat

I really wish we could get them together in the same room and somehow have them be friends. But I guess it’s not possible. πŸ™

Aw, you have ceiling cat and basement cat. I hear they were BFFs once…

dhag85

Aww so cute when they get distracted by the camera. :p

contrapangloss

Glad the treatment’ll be shorter!

If you need time to kill, this is my favorite Kitty Gif that some brilliant person ever made. Just move your finger from side to side and kitty will watch it!

(not really, but close enough when you don’t have a real cat to mess with!)

Mmm, that looks yummy.

Hey, I know only a couple people are online, but I have an Announcement: I have a literary agent.

@contrapangloss

Hahahaha that’s perfect.

contrapangloss

Or if you’d prefer, this is my old man. Well, he kind of turned into my mom’s old man when I moved to college and he couldn’t move with me.

He’s a grumpy old cat, nowadays, but he still keeps the shrews out of mom’s chickenfeed!

contrapangloss

KATZ: THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!

:)!!!!!

KATZ: THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!

:)!!!!!

Thanks πŸ™‚ I am really excited about it!

@katz

Sweet! Congrats. πŸ™‚

@contrapangloss

So cute! He looks a lot like my wife’s cat who also turned into parents’ cat when she moved out.

Sweet! Congrats. πŸ™‚

Thanks!

dhag85

Now having coffee and playing Minecraft in the waiting room. πŸ™‚ Being an adult child rocks.

Are you done with the procedure then?

dhag85

Yeah! The IV took 2 hours, and now I also need to sit here for 1 hour until they’ll let me leave. Sadly the wifi wasn’t really good enough for Minecraft. :/

dhag85

Is it illegal to illegally download illegally shared TV shows to your computer off the hospital’s wifi? I know the answer seems obvious, but there must be a loophole.

dhag85

OK, I’m on my way home. All done.

By the way, after having made 11 health care appointments this year I’ve now paid in total 1100 SEK (or approximately $130), and thus earned my free health care card! All future appointments and treatments between now and Decembet 15 will now be free of charge. Woo hoo. πŸ™‚

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Kitties!!!

@katz – CONGRATULATIONS!!!

@dhag85 – Also congratulations! I’m glad that the IV didn’t take quite so long. Enjoy the rest of your day!

gilshalos

All hail Katz and dhag85!!

gilshalos

Last night I ate Roast chicken, gravy, roast potato, onion, mushrooms and peas.
First actual meal I’d eaten in 3 days.
I had garlic bread for breakfast, and the cold roast chicken for other meals. Even if I don’t feel like cooking, that means I’ll have protien at the least

gilshalos

And I can’t spell, it seems

dhag85

Awesome! πŸ™‚ Whenever I try to look up how much protein one is supposed to eat, I just give up. Seems impossible.

I’m always jealous of people who can eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast. Only recently realized how incredibly dairy dependent I am in the mornings. It’s cereal with milk, or yogurt. Nothing else, ever. If I don’t have yogurt or milk/cereal, I have to starve myself for a few hours until I can reasonably have “lunch” instead.

gilshalos

@dhag85 It might depend on how long you have been awake.
When I’ve just woken up if I eat anything it is likely to be porridge or buttered toast. When I’ve been awake for hours I’m more likely to eat non-breakfast food.
And I am nocturnal by nature.

dhag85

Yeah, it definitely doesn’t depend on the actual sun/moon cycle. πŸ™‚ When I say morning I usually mean either 7AM or noon depending on what sort of day it is. Maybe I’m not a big fan of chewing when I’m tired? I really don’t know.

Yay for eating, gilshalos!

dhag85

Yeah! And that’s pretty much the epitome of a proper meal, too.

marinerachel
marinerachel

I have an inside-nose zit. These things fucking hurt.