a woman is always to blame advocacy of violence antifeminism creepy dark enlightenment elliot rodger empathy deficit entitled babies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny omega males PUA reactionary bullshit red pill vox day

Vox Day: Could Andreas Lubitz’s murder/suicide by plane been prevented "if the sluts of the world were a little more equitable in their distribution of blowjobs?"

Andres Lubitz: Mass murderer?
Andreas Lubitz: Mass murderer?

French prosecutors are saying that the co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus A320 that crashed in the Alps brought the plane down deliberately, after locking the pilot out of the cockpit. If so, this was one of the most horrific cases of murder/suicide the world has ever seen.

At the moment, we don’t know enough about the co-pilot, 28-year-old Andreas Lubitz. to know what motivated him to allegedly crash the plane. French authorities are saying that they don’t think it was an act of terrorism. But that may be because they have a rather simplistic definition of terrorism.

Murder/suicide is an overwhelmingly male crime; studies suggest that men may make up 90% or more of the perpetrators. While most of these cases — excluding suicide bombings — involve a man killing himself and a partner or ex-partner, there have also been cases in which men have resorted to mass murder in order to make some twisted point about what they see as a world unfair to men in general and them in particular. These acts aren’t generally considered terrorism, but they should be.

You know the names: Elliot Rodger, who killed seven, including himself, as part of what he called his “War on Women.” George Sodini, a would-be pickup artist who opened fire on an LA Fitness aerobics class because he couldn’t get a date. Marc Lepine, who killed 14 women at the École Polytechnique in Montreal in an attempt “to send the feminists, who have always ruined my life, to their Maker.” The list goes on.

Whenever one of these horrific massacres occurs, there are always some who rush to excuse or defend or even lionize the perpetators. And there are those who argue that these tragedies could have somehow been averted if women had just treated these poor men better.

In the case of this particular tragedy, reactionary fantasy writer Vox Day — real name, Theodore Beale — is literally suggesting that it could have been prevented “if the sluts of the world were just a little less picky and a little more equitable in their distribution of blowjobs.”

Here’s his, er, argument, from a post on his Alpha Game blog today:

Why he did it, no one knows yet, but it won’t surprise me to learn that Lubritch [sic] was a deeply angry and embittered Omega male. There is a reason Omegas frighten women merely by existing; they are capable of terrible and merciless acts of self-destruction. You can see Lubritch is a small and prematurely balding young man, possibly somewhat overweight, his occupation indicates that he was more intelligent than the norm, and the uncertain smile he has on his face tends to indicate low socio-sexual rank.

Good to know that Vox — who himself has an “uncertain smile” in some photographs I’ve seen of him — can x-ray someone’s personality by glancing at a snapshot.

Now, obviously no one else was responsible for Lubritch’s actions if it indeed was Omega rage at work. He alone bears the blame. But it is somewhat haunting to think about how many lives might be saved each year if the sluts of the world were just a little less picky and a little more equitable in their distribution of blowjobs.

So he alone deserves the blame — but somehow his actions are also the fault of unfair blowjob distribution by the “sluts of the world?”

As a 28 year-old airline pilot, Lubritch would likely have been married in a more traditionally structured society. It’s not impossible that the Germanwings deaths represent more of the indirect costs of feminism.

Oh, and it’s ultimately the fault of feminism.

Now, Vox Day is a famously terrible person, and something of a troll.

But the fact is that similar — if generally less explicit — apologias for male violence are common in the “manosphere” and amongst Men’s Rights Activists.

More on this here.

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive continues! If you haven’t already, please consider donating with the button below. (The PayPal page will say you are donating to Man Boobz.) Thanks!

Shaenon

Why do we have to provide the blowjobs? Do you not have a mouth, Beale?

GrumpyOldMangina

The problem with talking about Vox Day is that any word you call him, you are insulting the thing denoted by that word. For example, calling him a sack of shit is an insult to real sacks of shit.

Vox on children, such a caring person (joke):

“Therefore: A man who is interested in pursuing a relationship with an otherwise high potential single mother can test her ability and willingness to become a good wife and mother to his children by requiring her to give up custody of her illegitimate spawn in return for a commitment from him.”

“Not only that, but by virtue of such a demand, he becomes much more attractive to her, as there are few things more ruthlessly ALPHA than requiring a woman to choose between her bastard(s) and the man with whom she is seeking a permanent relationship.”

“Is it rough on the bastards? To be sure, but seriously, in a world of abortion and no-fault divorce, it’s a little disingenuous to claim that the family system gives even the smallest of damns about children. If the legal regime was genuinely set up to defend the long-term interests of the children, divorce would be illegal except for female adultery, abortion would be punished by the execution of the guilty doctors and nurses and the sterilization of the guilty woman, and custody in the event of divorce would go automatically to the father.”

yamamanama
yamamanama

Why hasn’t Vox been put in prison yet?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Lisa:

… Sooooooo… Being a good wife and mother means abandoning your children? “Illegitimate spawn” is his descriptor for kids that a woman had before a relationship with him? Giving women a painful ultimatum is attractive?

Well, I’m pretty sure that should someone choose to follow that advice, the ultimatum will not be painful. Keep the kids, dump the asshole, and find someone else to date.

And is the argument in that last paragraph seriously “welp, the legal system doesn’t care about chidren, so you shouldn’t care either?” God damn…

Al Porter

That escalated quickly. It took 2 days to blame MRA’s with a wild leap of pretzel logic. This almost sounds like an Onion article it’s so absurd.

GrumpyOldMangina

Is there no end to the depravity of this … I really don’t want to cal;l him a man.

alaisvex
alaisvex

Hang on a minute. I thought that women, not men, were the ones with the magical, biotruthful child-nurturing abilities, which is why men can’t be expected to do anything for their kids before they can walk and why women are supposed to take on all of the child-rearing responsibilities except providing money and doing the fun stuff with the kids. If that’s their belief, doesn’t that mean that in a fair world for children, mothers would get custody while fathers would pay child support and get generous visitation rights? That is what the logic of their worldview would dictate.

… Sooooooo… Being a good wife and mother means abandoning your children?

Yeah, even setting aside the cruelty, abandoning your children for a guy you just met seems like the opposite of a good litmus test for parenting.

Paradoxical Intention

Lisa | March 26, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Vox on children, such a caring person (joke):

Good gods above! I’d have kicked his ass right out. I wouldn’t have given two flying fucks about how well he treated me, how big his peen was, or how many bon bons, scented fucking candles, or diamonds he bought me. If it ever comes down to “it’s me or the kids!” I will always choose the kids. Dude’s replaceable, my (hypothetical) children are not.

Hell, I’d do that if it came down to “It’s me or the cat!” as well. I love my pets, and I wouldn’t give them up for the world.

And heaven help any children whose mothers would have jumped on that.

Good people don’t make you choose between them and something else you love.

So the logic is that the current system is bad for children, so fuck it, let’s make it even worse for children?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@katz:

I’m pretty sure the rationale is “well, they aren’t MY biological children, so to have any empathy towards is to be a cuckold.” The rest is just fluffy justification.

Falconer

@friday jones:

Omega is also the guy who created the Eye of Harmony. Whovian geek supreme right here!

@Alan Robertshaw:

I thought Rassilon actually created it and Omega just fell into it [Obviously Gallifrey severely lacking a Health& Safety Executive]

Welcome, fellow Whovians!!

I think they cooperated on it, maybe they were competing, but Omega definitely got trapped in it, and then the Master tried to use it to un-crispify himself. Apparently whatever mechanism they use to give Time Lords a regeneration cycle was [i]more tricky[/i] to get to than assassinating the President, then stealing the Rod, Sash and Key.

Oh, and the Time Lords hold political meetings while standing on it.

zarathustratheserpent

This pathologically obsessive scapegoating of women, without a shred of logic or empirical evidence, is pure Goebbels. Yep, I’m godwinning, but consider: the Nazis weren’t some anomaly from outer space. Their group pathology wasn’t unique to them. It lives on here.

Scapegoating is indeed a fascist tactic. It’s not too surprising that people who have aggrieved entitlement would flirt with fascist ideas if not be fascists themselves.

gelar
gelar

Test how good a mother your woman will be, by demanding she abandon her children!

Jackass.

Bina
Bina

Meanwhile, back to the depressing subject at hand, it would appear that the so-called Omega Virgin Incel was nothing of the sort:

Pilot Andreas Lubitz might have been suffering a ‘personal crisis’ at the time of the fatal Germanwings crash, it was claimed last night.

Reports from Germany suggested the 28-year-old was struggling to cope after a failed relationship when he deliberately ploughed the Airbus A320 into the mountainside, killing his 149 passengers.

The theory emerged just hours after police investigating the disaster announced they had made a ‘significant discovery’ during a four-hour search of Lubitz’s flat, which he is said to have shared with a girlfriend.

…shared with a girlfriend.

Well, there goes the “no one sucked his cock” theory.

Oh, and there’s also another picture of him at the site, running in a marathon. He’s trim and not at all diffident looking. Quite an attractive young chap, actually.

But of course, Beale is bound to seize on the failed-relationship bit as proof of his cockamamie theory of the terrible, terrible terrorist potential of the unsucked cock. Because heaven forfend that an oh-so-rational, masculine guy be simply too emotionally labile to fly, right?

Paradoxical Intention

@Katz: That’s what I was thinking of when I typed that. XD

@gelar: Agreed. And what makes it worse is that he thinks that will somehow make him more attractive to the woman who he just told to abandon her children for him.

It’s like that scene from The Parent Trap remake from years ago:

Meredith Blake: Here’s what’s going on, buddy: the day we get married is the day I ship those brats off to Switzerland, get the picture? It’s me, or them. Take your pick.
Nick Parker: Them.
[Hallie and Annie stare at each other excitedly]
Meredith Blake: Excuse me?
Nick Parker: T-H-E-M. Them.
[staring into Meredith’s face]
Nick Parker: Get the picture?

And then Meridith has a screaming fit.

Sandy Lee

Jumping on a recent high-profile tragedy and claiming (with utterly no evidence or even tenuous connection) that said tragedy occurred because of direct ramifications of your own pet issue/hatred?

Huh.

I seem to remember another “activist” group that engaged in similar tactics.

I wonder if Vox Day and Mr. Elam and other “men’s rights activists” or “anti-feminists” or whatever-the-fuck are hoping to be given the same worldwide respect, credibility and legitimacy acquired by the venerated arbiters of moral discourse in the Westboro Baptist Church. Claiming that a soldier died in combat in Afghanistan because “God hates fags” seems about the same leap of logic as “plane crash = wimminz won’t blow me”

Dawn Incognito:

I’m sorry to about the abusive situation you were in. I hope you are in much better place right now and found someone who treats you with love and respect. <3 You are absolutely right, though. No matter what one is going through, no one has the right to take other people with them. Because it is not only wrong, it down right evil. Even when things have hit rock bottom for you, you still recognized that. I am at a loss as to why people like Andreas Lubitz don't. It is totally incomprehensible for me. I just can't imagine deliberately flying a plane into a mountain with the intent of killing myself and taking 150 innocent people with me. I just can't. It must take a special brand of evil to do something like that.

mythago

@Sandy Lee, you beat me to it. And likely for the same reasons as WBC, which is publicity and hoping to raise money through attention gained by hanging onto tragic, unrelated news like a particularly disgusting breed of lamprey.

VD used to try and funnel his income by picking fights with big-name liberal bloggers like Scalzi or Bad Astronomer, but that dried up, I guess, so he’s back to busking by playing the libertarian Pat Robertson.

Betty Fokker

Reblogged this on The Stay-at-Home Feminist Mom.

Sandy Lee

@mythago, you’re probably right, and this is a cynical attempt at garnering attention and publicity. I can only hope that much like Westboro, the likes of VD (haha, VD, that cracks me up every time because it’s so appropriate) and Paul Elam will find out that there is, in fact, such a thing as bad publicity. Maybe they’ll discover that blaming an un-related tragic plane crash on women have gone too far, and will be met with the same derision and dismissal as blaming an un-related soldier’s death on “the gays”.

And then maybe the non-hateful world will be blessed with just a touch more peace and quiet. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Dawn Incognito
Dawn Incognito

Buttercup and misseb47:

Thank you for the sympathy. I was able to break away from my abuser (not the cleanest break but oh well), with quite a bit of help from friends and social services. Then my support network helped me break away from my other abuser (mother still doesn’t understand why I’m “mad at her”). I’m not in the bestest place, and continue to go through a lot of therapy, but I have more coping skills then before.

misseb47

Just when I thought the MRAs couldn’t stoop any lower, they do. How absolutely disgusting. 150 innocent people have died because of this man and the first thing they do is minimize his culpability by blaming it in on women for not giving him blow jobs. WHAT THE F**K?! Why is it that woman are to blame for everything that men do? How many Andreas Lubitzs, Elliot Rodgers, George Sodinis and Marc Lepines do there have to before before they realize that male entitlement is a serious problem? (and for those who feel that what Andreas Lubitzs did wasn’t due to entitlement, he felt entitled to take it upon himself to fly an aircraft full of innocent passengers into a mountain-to not only kill himself, but to deliberately take 150 people with him. If that is not entitlement, I don’t know what is) How many innocent people have to die? When are they going to get it through their thick skulls that these men are responsible for their own actions and that they deliberately take it upon themselves to kill innocent people? But no! It was because of the evil wimmiz won’t please their boners!! WAH!! THE POOR MENZ!! These people make me sick! >:-(

friday jones
friday jones

Rassilon and Omega collaborated on it, but Omega is the one who did the actual stellar engineering and consequently wound up being trapped inside an antimatter pocket universe. The Eye of Harmony could not have been created without the Hand of Omega, after all. If you look up “Hand of Omega” in Wikipedia it explains how the supernova was created by Omega using The Hand.

misseb47

Dawn Incognito-I am glad you got the help and support that you needed and that things have improved for you. *hugs*

“Christ on a bicycle, I’ve resisted jumping in front of a subway just by thinking of how it would traumatize the driver of the train and the people in the station. I just can’t understand how a pilot could do that to their crew and passengers and their loved ones. So many people hurt by one man’s selfish act.”

Me neither. I must say that I am totally shocked at this. I can’t comprehend it all! How could someone do something like that? The mere thought of doing something like makes me sick and he did it for real! He must have had no empathy or compassion at all.

Paradoxical Intention

Dawn Incognito | March 26, 2015 at 11:36 pm

I was the same way when I was suicidal in high school. I thought about killing myself, but then wondered what would happen if my mom or my siblings found my body and what that would do to them, and I always stopped myself right there.

I think it could have something to do with women being socialized to put others before themselves. Men are free to do what they want with their lives (until they have kids, but even then they get some free passes), but women are “meant to” take care of others before ourselves, and this sometimes leads to women doing some things to simply break the monotony.

It’s a wonder to me why some people find it so surprising that some housewives find their lives wholly unfulfilled. “But you have [insert number here] beautiful kids, and a loving husband! How could you be bored with your life? It’s perfect!” they say. Because society says all women could ever want is a man to give them babies and put a roof over their heads. Bleh.

Robert
Robert

I do admit that one of the major factors that kept me from attempting suicide during my pre-medication depression was knowing how it would affect my husband. Not so much the kids, strangely enough. But then, my husband (a practicing witch) has assured me that, wherever I go afterwards, he will find me. And it will not be pretty.

Vadim McNab

I’d be wary of this guy next…

“Women Don’t Care About My Feelings”

Boogerghost

(takes out bingo card)

(puts token on “women are sex dispensers,”

“equal distribution of ‘wealth’ is important, but only ‘sexual wealth,'”

and “keeping half the population perpetually subordinate is preferable to any upheaval that might result from social change.”)

(sighs)

Ann Morgan
Ann Morgan

How about this. If men were less fussy about looks, they might get more blow jobs. But let me guess, the real problem here is that Vox is probably running out of the 6 million $$ that daddy stole, and once it’s gone, Spacebunny will be gone too, and without money, Vox will probably have to settle for a woman who weighs about 500 lbs, if he wants a blow job, because he sure as hell doesn’t have a personality that is going to attract any sane woman.

Orion

What the fuck? Ann Morgan, I do not welcome your bullshit.

Lisa

It is obvious there is no level that this guy won’t stoop too. No matter what happens he will find someway to blame it on women.

You can imagine possible examples: Headline: cancer cured. Vox: “would have been cured much earlier except for …women”.

The Ukraine blows up, the nukes start flying and in his last post before frying in nuclear flame he will say ‘its all womens fault if they had just given more blow jobs and got rid of their bastards children this would not have…….’.

I’d find it merely pathetic if he didn’t piss me off so much.

Lisa

Yet another fairly serious site buying the misogynist ‘cool aid’. http://fabiusmaximus.com/

A pretty serious, abeit usually conservative (military background) global affairs site.
Aims: “This blog discusses geopolitics — broadly defined as economics, government, sociology and the military arts — from an American’s perspective. This includes topics such as grand strategy, demographics, and peak oil. Here we seek a perspective from which to better see events and trends — things on the edge of our available information, on the edge of known theory. Our goal: to find ways to reignite the spirit of a nation grown cold. ”

However this post buys the whole MRM, misogynist myth hook line and sinker.

I posted a reply, pointing out how incorrect this was, which was quickly deleted.

Some snippets:
“Feminists have gained the high ground in control of society’s institutions, and watch with outrage as men act in defiance of the new social norms.”

“The war of the sexes heats up: society changes as men learn the Dark Triad”
“Massive changes have reshaped American society. Hollywood, rock music, and schools reduced the family’s ability to indoctrinate girls and control young women. Women’s increased financial independence diminished their need to “settle” when marrying”.

“These changes had powerful effects, unforeseen by scientists and social reformers. First, women’s hypergamy was let loose, their drive to seek men of higher status (e.g., the combination of wealth, income, status, height, appearance, charisma). Second, restraints were lifted on their love of men with the Dark Triad of behavioral traits. Psychologists and sociologists have just begun to understand the results.”

“In brief, women seek men with the behaviors of “alpha” men (high social rank, loosely derived from ethology). These traits can be learned — or at least imitated. Much of game consists of learning to pass tests women use to identify alphas”

“Successful men living by the social codes of the past are “betas” (e.g., white knights, nice family men, good boys). Men unable to deal with modern women are “omegas” (substituting porn, sports, and computer games for women).”

And so on, the usual rubbish we ahve all heard before.

But this is scary in a way. This is a fairly serious and pretty well connected bunch of people. Oh yes they denied global warming for some years. Yep they do on and on about trying to find some magic way to stop losing wars (hint: don’t start them in the first place).

But within those limitations this passes for a fairly (by US standards) geo-political intellectual discussion site. And yet they buy this load of rubbish.

Please feel free to comment there.
My reply to the post started “Men talking about women and their ideas ‘of what women want’. Worse US ‘manosphere’ men…we now are entering a reality free zone…”.

brooked
brooked

Is that website a time machine that sends angry reactionary men to some year between 1920-1960? I assume there’s an article exposing the infernal influence of sock hops on impressionable young ladies.

brooked
brooked

“In brief, women seek men with the behaviors of “alpha” men (high social rank, loosely derived from ethology).”

Emphasis on the word “loosely”.

Lisa

There are some (but trust me not very many) advantages about being transgendered.
For some of us older ones that meant we worked very hard for so many years to fit into male society. Thus we became very astute observers of males so we could copy them better and not be found out.

The funny thing is that I can understand the appeal of this rubbish/crap/etc to some males that I have known. I also very much understand how so many males are such group people, far more so than females these days who, overall, are much more independent thinkers.

I hate the top MRM people totally. more so than some genetic females here, because they hate women, but oh my do they so hate TG people even more. In their ‘ideal society’ genetic females are just slaves, but we TG are all killed.

But I do feel a bit sad for some lonely, socially inept or emotionally hurt males who get sucked into this stuff, even more so when there are so many better alternatives available in their lives.

That’s yet another reason why I think these people are far more dangerous than some give them credit for. Not just them individually for what they do (that’s bad enough) , but their potential and actual influence on others.

That Fabius Maximus site is a classic example.Ex-military and older people (several ex-Marines) struggling to understand and adapt to the societal changes and then this ‘theory’ comes up that is ‘simple’ for them to understand and then they can sign up to it. It makes a lot of sense to them.

The fact it just another ‘blame the women’, or is completely illogical, or is so divorced from reality or the majority of peoples’ real lives is neither here nor there. This fits into their overall belief systems, this is a ‘war’, with ‘conflict’, ‘winners’ and ‘losers’, ‘tactics’ and ‘strategy’…. and so on. They can understand it in these terms.
A male hierarchy, wonderful, they spent all their lives in a such an environment, so it is emotonally and intellectually comfortable for them.

But, and here is the big BUT, the fact that a site like FM would sign up to this and censor conflciting arguments is a very dangerous sign. As long as the MRM (etc) stay in their little boxes that is bad enough but tolerable (to an extent), when they start breaking into semi-influential ‘thought leaders’ that is a worry.

On a brighter note, just got my first job as a female. Ok, short term, crappy pay, but my first as the real me. Baby steps as they say.

Congratulations, and I hope it leads to more opportunities in the future.

Lisa

More, sorry if I am over posting but this caught my eye:

“Audience member Cecelia Devlin, the Melbourne woman who objected to Badran’s comments, said the variety evening had already included several jokes about domestic violence.

“He then came on as the third-last act and said ‘So you know how gay people can make jokes about being gay, and black people can make jokes about being black, well I can make jokes about rape’ implying it’s because he looks like a rapist.”

“”He started saying to me ‘What’s your problem? Seriously, what’s this girl’s problem? Oh wait, you probably shouldn’t ask someone whose just called out a rape joke what their problem is’.”

“He tried to go on with the show but it had clearly very much shaken him,” she said.

“Finally he gave up and decided to walk off and said ‘Good on you for taking a stand, but you’re a piece of sh*t and I hope you die’.””

Good on her. Wish I had been there.

Not knocking comedians at all, you can make jokes about all sorts of things, even uncomfortable things. Using irony, satire and so on you can raise all sorts of issues that challenge ‘normal’ thought.

But he sounds like an idiot.

estraven
estraven

I actually know a woman who abandoned her six kids when her boyfriend gave her the ultimatum. Her parents fought for years to adopt the kids but judges kept turning them down and their biological father, who didn’t want them and who was convicted of statutory rape of a 13-year-old, kept objecting. He once put his oldest daughter in the hospital for watching a movie with a boy with the boy’s parents right in the house. Yet where they live, various judges kept taking the dad’s side against the grandparents. By the time the grandparents were able to adopt, there were only three kids who were still minors.

Lisa

Thanks Katz, one of the scariest moments of my life…the interview. But the people there wre great.

misseb47

Paradoxical Intention- I am a criminology graduate (have completed my Masters a few years ago and I am currently trying to get a PhD scholarship. If I can get my research proposal done and all the forms completed. I only have a month until this year’s application close. I have to get a move on!) and I have to agree that socialization does play a significant role in this. It is a well known fact that there is huge (and I mean HUGE) gender gap in offending, particularly in when it comes to violent offenses like assault, rape, homicide and murder-suicide. This isn’t just in America or the UK, this occurs globally. I have just found a very interesting study-2013 Global Study on Homicide by United Nations Office Drugs and Crime. This study recognizes that even though victim rate is 4 times higher for men than is for women, the vast majority of victims are killed by other men and that homicides are mostly committed by men. According to this study, about 95% percent of the world’s homicide is committed by men. In Europe, 92% of homicides are committed by men, in Asia 95% of homicides are committed by men and 96% in the Americas. Also most female victims of homicide are murdered by men. Also, more than half are murdered by intimate partner or family member. Even though they did not separate crimes by type and by sex, there is a huge global gender gap in crime.

While I was writing my Masters thesis, I have also found that there are also significant differences between male and female offenders. For example, men are more likely to reoffend than women. In Australia (where I live) 50%-68% of men will reoffend, while 28%-50% of women would reoffend (it varies from state to state). I have also found that female offenders have experienced far more physical, emotional and sexual abuse than male offenders.

Female offenders suffer/suffered from more physical and sexual abuse. Relationship problems, drug-dependency, poor mental health, low self-esteem and poor employment/educational prospects have a greater impact on female recidivism than on males. In Australia, female prisoners were more likely to be victims of child abuse than male prisoners. Over half of Indigenous and non-Indigenous women (60% and 65%) reported being victims of emotional abuse, psychical abuse and sexual abuse. Instances of abuse were lower for both Indigenous and non-Indigenous male prisoners in all areas. Also, 78% of female offenders have been victims of adult abuse of some form. Child sexual abuse also had a greater impact on female offenders, with victims being 1.6 times more likely to be violent offenders than those who were not victimised. This had no impact on male offending, with 80% of male offenders being violent offenders-this is irrespective of their victimisation experiences. Female offenders are also more likely to be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)- 80% compared to 55% of war veterans! . However, antisocial attitudes were more prevalent among male offenders, affecting 39% of men compared with 7% of women.

Women are also more likely to test positive to at least one drug on arrest than men-80% and 72% respectively (Johnson 2010: 4). Drug dependency also has a greater impact on female offending than male offending, with 70% of chronic offenders being drug dependant compared with 12% of irregular offenders. (Johnson 2010: 50). This is also the case in reverse, with women being more likely to be offenders if drug dependant (95%) than those who were not (45%). Drug use is also more likely to predate female offending with 35% using illegal drugs prior, 31% on the onset and 34%. 28 after the onset of offending. (Johnson 2010: 64). The opposite was true for males, with 17% using drugs prior to offending and 29% on the onset and 54% after its onset.

So yeah, women seem to resist committing crime more than men and women put up with far more shit before committing crime. And sex role socialization has a lot to do with this. Becoming a man or a women is a continuing process and it is also socially constructed. behaviours encouraged for men and women by society. People are socialised into acting according to the ever-changing notions of what is appropriate for men and women. Schools, the mass media and people-such as friends, family and colleagues-create expectations of appropriate behaviours and also create pressures for conformity. Men engage in higher levels of violence than women, because they have been socialised to do so. Boys are pushed toward aggressive and competitive sports and are also pressured to show bravery and toughness for fear of being labelled as ‘sissies’ ‘pussies’ ‘poofta’ (Australian slang for gay), and mangina of course. Girls are taught to be compliant, passive and dependent. Violent and aggressive behaviour is actively discouraged. Socialisation also influences moral development. For example, women experience greater expectations to learn nurturing and parenting. This helps to restrain women from criminal behaviour and violence that will cause harm to others. Differing expectations regarding physical appearance, sexuality, also reinforce greater levels of female dependency.

As for women being socialised to but others before themselves, I have found that this is the case, too. My thesis topic was ‘Sex Differences in Altruism Shown in Offenders: Are Female Offenders More Altruistic Than Male Offenders?’ One of my lecturers mentioned in class that women are more altruistic than men in their offending. I just had to find out if this was true. It was. I looked at The Supreme Court of Tasmania judgments (I was only allowed to use local data) for the last 5 years. I found that there were 152 cases involving men and only 25 cases involving women. I also found that male offending was more egoistic in almost every aspect, excepting for ‘financial gain’ (30% compared with 68%) and ‘usually committed for egoistic reasons’ (96% for both groups). The male group scored higher on ‘serious offence’ (71% compared with 40%), ‘exploitation of the vulnerable’ (18% compared with 4%), ‘enjoyment at the suffering/expense of others’ (22% compared with 0%), ‘breach of duty of care/trust’ (30% compared with 16%) and ‘abuse of power’ (28% compared with 12%). Males also scored higher on ‘violence’ (39% compared with 24%), ‘disregard for human life’ (34% and 20%), ‘puts others at risk (58% compared with 56%) and ‘causes/has the potential to cause harm’ (77% and 56%). The wide gap between the sexes in the ‘financial gain’ criteria is due to the large proportion of fraud related offences committed by the female group. In regards to the altruistic aspects of offences, the female group scored higher in every criteria (there were a few), especially in regards to ‘benefits others’-with 24% compared with 1% This is also due the higher instances of welfare fraud among the female group, in which the money gained from these offences helped to raise their families. Having children also had a stronger impact on female offending than the male offending, making it less egoistic in nature. It actually increased violent, firearms, drugs justice, and police related offences. It also increased the instances of sexual offending. It also increased the severity of male offending by increasing the number of offences committed against children. In fact all but three of the twenty four sexual offenders committed the offences against children. For women, having children decreased minor property and drug related offences, while eliminating violent, police and public order offences. There was a sharp increase in fraud among the female group which was due single parents committing minor welfare fraud to support their children. It was also found that female offenders are more altruistic than male offenders-with the female group scoring higher in altruism and neutrality than the male group. They also scored lower in egoism than the male group. However, one unexpected finding was that having dependent children did not increase the level of altruism among female group. The female group also scored lower on most of the criteria for egoism, while scoring higher than the male group on most indicators of altruism. A significant finding was that the female group offended for more altruistic reasons than the male group. Most of the female group was motivated by necessity or concern for their children, partners and parents. In contrast, most of the male offending stemmed from greed, sexual gratification and drunkenness. So yeah, you are absolutely right.

I’m sorry for the long essay! ^^; I won’t hold it against you (or anyone else) if you don’t read it all. It’s just that you have touched on a topic that I am very interested in. Anyway, here are the refs to all that in no particular order.

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime.htmlafter the onset of offending. (Johnson 2010: 64). The opposite was true for males, with 17% using drugs prior to offending and 29% on the onset and 54% after its onset.

Connell, Raewyn (2009) Short Introductions: Gender in the World Perspective Second Edition. United Kingdom: Polity Press.
Allan, Emilie and Darrell Steffensmeier (1996) ‘Gender and crime: toward a gendered theory of female offending’. Annual Review of Sociology 22: 459-487, also available on http://web.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.utas.edu.au/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?sid=7e5ef7bb-bf3b-4427-a923-c4122080084f%40sessionmgr12&vid=1&hid=17

Caulfield, Laura (2010) ‘Rethinking the assessment of female offenders’. The Howard Journal Criminal Justice 49(4):315–327, also available on http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.ezproxy.utas.edu.au/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2311.2010.00625.x/pdf

Wundersitz, (2010) ‘Indigenous perpetrators of violence: Prevalence and risk factors for offending’. Public Policy Series 105 (16 April 2011).
Eccleston et al (2006) ‘The treatment needs of female offenders: a review’. Australian Psychologist 37(2):198-205, also available on http://www.tandfonline.com.ezproxy.utas.edu.au/doi/pdf/10.1080/00050060210001706876 (

Blanchette, Kelly (2002) Classifying female offenders for effective intervention: application of the case-based principles of risk and need. Forum on Corrections Research 14(1):31-35, also available on http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/pblct/forum/e141/141h_e.pdf
Johnson, Holly (2010) ‘Drugs and crime: a study on incarcerated female offenders’. Research and Public Policy Series 63 http://www.aic.gov.au/documents/E/B/8/%7BEB8A400C-E611-42BF-9B9F-B58E7C5A0694%7DRPP63.pdf

Ann Morgan
Ann Morgan

Orion wrote: **What the fuck? Ann Morgan, I do not welcome your bullshit.**

Allow me to point out, sweetie, some obvious BULLSHIT on Vox’s part, which you may, perhaps, have missed.

Vox claims, loudly and continually, to be a ‘Christian’.

But here’s the thing. Andreas Lubitz provably violated at least 2 of the 10 commandments that Christians are supposed to follow.

Thou Shalt Not Kill – since he murdered 150 people
Thou Shalt Not Steal – since he commandeered an airplane he did not own.

The bible does not say ‘Thou shalt not kill – unless thou is upset over not getting enough blow jobs’. That is Vox’s interpretation, and HIS interpretation, btw, would also imply that Andreas Lubitz additionally violated 2 more commandments:

Thou shalt not covet -since according to Vox, he covetted ‘sluts’ that belonged to other men.
Thou shalt not commit adultery – since according to Jesus, a man who lusts after women has already committed adultery in his heart.

Vox’s solution to this is further violation of the bible, since he wants ‘sluts’ to commit more adultery than they already do.

Vox is not a ‘Christian’. He does not have a RELIGION, he has a sociopathic sex fantasy, and his ONLY interest in the bible, is cherrypicking through rules made up by a bronze age culture that allow him to put a veneer of holiness on his sociopathic sex fantasies. The moment the bible contradicts his sociopathic sex fantasies, such as in this case, Vox immediately turns around and contradicts the bible.

Frankly, honest debauchery such as found in 50 Shades of Grey is clean and innocent compared to Vox’s hypocrisy and covering up his sociopathic sex fantasies with a veneer of holiness.

misseb47

I have refs, but word press does not seem to like links and sent the comment to moderation. So here are the refs without links.

ej
ej

@Ann Morgan
The bullshit Orion was referring to was yours. We all already know that Vox is full of shit. This site mocks the manosphere by pointing out their hypocrisy.

Your first comment was both ableist and fat-shaming. Those attitudes are not welcome here.

Spindrift
Spindrift

@misseb47

For what it’s worth, I didn’t mind your long post, I thought it was interesting.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

“I thought it was interesting”

Me too.

Catalpa
Catalpa

Ann Morgan, Vox is a despicable excuse for a human being, but his hypocrisy and awfulness do not make you any less wrong. Implying that fat or mentally ill women somehow deserve being subjected to Vox Day (or worse, that Vox somehow “deserves” them, as if they are punishments and not people) is a terrible thing to say. Don’t do that. Seriously.