a woman is always to blame advocacy of violence antifeminism creepy dark enlightenment elliot rodger empathy deficit entitled babies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny omega males PUA reactionary bullshit red pill vox day

Vox Day: Could Andreas Lubitz’s murder/suicide by plane been prevented "if the sluts of the world were a little more equitable in their distribution of blowjobs?"

Andres Lubitz: Mass murderer?
Andreas Lubitz: Mass murderer?

French prosecutors are saying that the co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus A320 that crashed in the Alps brought the plane down deliberately, after locking the pilot out of the cockpit. If so, this was one of the most horrific cases of murder/suicide the world has ever seen.

At the moment, we don’t know enough about the co-pilot, 28-year-old Andreas Lubitz. to know what motivated him to allegedly crash the plane. French authorities are saying that they don’t think it was an act of terrorism. But that may be because they have a rather simplistic definition of terrorism.

Murder/suicide is an overwhelmingly male crime; studies suggest that men may make up 90% or more of the perpetrators. While most of these cases — excluding suicide bombings — involve a man killing himself and a partner or ex-partner, there have also been cases in which men have resorted to mass murder in order to make some twisted point about what they see as a world unfair to men in general and them in particular. These acts aren’t generally considered terrorism, but they should be.

You know the names: Elliot Rodger, who killed seven, including himself, as part of what he called his “War on Women.” George Sodini, a would-be pickup artist who opened fire on an LA Fitness aerobics class because he couldn’t get a date. Marc Lepine, who killed 14 women at the École Polytechnique in Montreal in an attempt “to send the feminists, who have always ruined my life, to their Maker.” The list goes on.

Whenever one of these horrific massacres occurs, there are always some who rush to excuse or defend or even lionize the perpetators. And there are those who argue that these tragedies could have somehow been averted if women had just treated these poor men better.

In the case of this particular tragedy, reactionary fantasy writer Vox Day — real name, Theodore Beale — is literally suggesting that it could have been prevented “if the sluts of the world were just a little less picky and a little more equitable in their distribution of blowjobs.”

Here’s his, er, argument, from a post on his Alpha Game blog today:

Why he did it, no one knows yet, but it won’t surprise me to learn that Lubritch [sic] was a deeply angry and embittered Omega male. There is a reason Omegas frighten women merely by existing; they are capable of terrible and merciless acts of self-destruction. You can see Lubritch is a small and prematurely balding young man, possibly somewhat overweight, his occupation indicates that he was more intelligent than the norm, and the uncertain smile he has on his face tends to indicate low socio-sexual rank.

Good to know that Vox — who himself has an “uncertain smile” in some photographs I’ve seen of him — can x-ray someone’s personality by glancing at a snapshot.

Now, obviously no one else was responsible for Lubritch’s actions if it indeed was Omega rage at work. He alone bears the blame. But it is somewhat haunting to think about how many lives might be saved each year if the sluts of the world were just a little less picky and a little more equitable in their distribution of blowjobs.

So he alone deserves the blame — but somehow his actions are also the fault of unfair blowjob distribution by the “sluts of the world?”

As a 28 year-old airline pilot, Lubritch would likely have been married in a more traditionally structured society. It’s not impossible that the Germanwings deaths represent more of the indirect costs of feminism.

Oh, and it’s ultimately the fault of feminism.

Now, Vox Day is a famously terrible person, and something of a troll.

But the fact is that similar — if generally less explicit — apologias for male violence are common in the “manosphere” and amongst Men’s Rights Activists.

More on this here.

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive continues! If you haven’t already, please consider donating with the button below. (The PayPal page will say you are donating to Man Boobz.) Thanks!

ſoǝ Klǝɯɯǝɹ (@JoeKlemmer)

If I wasn’t solazy I’d spend 5 minutes and “prove” that it was all GamerGate’s fault. Or it was because of those Climate Deniers. Or those damned Indie GameDev’s.

Oh, wait…I’m an Indie GameDev. It’s all my fault! Nooooooo……

Malitia - SJW Who Lurks Above in Shadow
Malitia - SJW Who Lurks Above in Shadow

When I think these people can’t get any grosser they prove me wrong. :/

because reasons
because reasons

@JoeKlemmer
Finally, the truth comes out.

Robert
Robert

If Beale were the protagonist of Kafka’s “Metamorphosis”, the transformation into an enormous insect would have improved him considerably.

Swales
Swales

“Are incel murder/suicides caused by women, or beliefs about women? That’s kind of an important distinction, fellas. They’re not the same thing. At all.”

You hit the nail on the head there, Buttercup. Even if the pilot was motivated by sexual frustration– and I think it’s important to note that there is absolutely no evidence on this, for or against– it’s absurd to put the blame on women.

Ellen

I have been already waiting for one of these asses to use this tragedy to bring up their hateful ideology again. I just had a feeling that this would happen… That’s just really a new low for this “human rights movement”.

“Omega male”? I thought that MRAs divide all men only into alphas and betas…

And can they get even more entitled? “Women should suck more dicks; otherwise, desperate dudes will kill innocent people…” That’s just disgusting.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

So, if I’m remembering correctly, Vox would be part of the group that is practically lusting over the day that men all across the world will decide “We’ve had enough” and rise up in violent rebellion against the women who have mistreated them so. They talk as if this uprising will happen any day now, and salivate over the notion that women will finally be put into their place.

I’m pretty sure they have an ideological motivation to cast every violent and/or self-destructive act by a man as somehow part of this slow build-up of outrage. They need men who commit violence to be driven by their lack of sex. It lends them credibility, and acts as a sign that the manpocalypse they so desperately want to happen is finally drawing near.

It’s like how religious extremists interpret every natural disaster or nation-wide tragedy as God’s wrath finally descending upon a nation that dares to treat non-straight-white-males as people. I guess they do believe it, but they also kind of have to.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

So, VD can diagnose OmegaMaleism just by looking at a photo, and then know everything there is to know about the guy’s psychology and life based on that categorization.

I think a lot of the appeal of redpill alphabeta evotruth bullshit is that it provides a convenient, simplified network of categories that A) one can reduce the world to and have everything make sense and not be complicated and messy and unexplained and B) reenforces and confirms what people already believe about men and women.

Similar to phrenology (as Wetherby pointed out), or astrology, or a thousand other predictively useless but still tenacious pseudoscience bullshit theories.

KSRay
KSRay

Bernardo

but David is still taking up the cue about murder/suicide and connecting it to the story as if it were the most likely motive.

Murder/suicide is not a “motive”. It’s an act. It means deliberately killing yourself and others. In order for this not to be a murder/suicide, the crash would have to be unintentional. So you’re saying that the loss of altitude and the captain being locked out were not deliberate, despite the investigators saying they must be?

Vanir (@Vanir85)

– kirbywarp

I’m guessing this “mistreatment” boils down to women having agency, liberty and rights – and not being men’s servants to do with as men please.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Vanir:

Pretty much, practically speaking. Sure there’s main MRA talking points like women being able to jail a man with a snap of her fingers or divorce a man and take everything he owns just for the heck of it, but then there’s the notion that women can choose who to sleep with (and are choosing wrong).

Dawn Incognito

TW for discussion of homicidal/suicidal ideation.

Okay, you know what? At one of my very lowest points, trapped in an emotionally/financially abusive relationship with a manbaby who wouldn’t work and would lecture me for hours to the point of tears whenever I tried to tell him he needed to pay his way, I was tempted to commit murder/suicide. I thought it would be a mercy killing, since if I just killed myself he would be helpless without me.

I didn’t do it. Do you know why? Because murder is wrong.

Even trapped and abused and mentally ill, I knew that murder was wrong.

I have much empathy for the suicidal. I know what it feels like. If someone murders themselves, I find it tragic and heartbreaking but understandable. But you do NOT take other people with you. That is unconscionable.

Vox Day is a chum bucket for suggesting otherwise.

friday jones
friday jones

It is entirely incompatible to expect both universal blowjobs and men not having to engage in basic hygiene such as ass-wiping. These dudes have an inconsistent platform. Perhaps their tent is too big. Maybe Angry Entitled White Male is just too broad a category to form a movement.

Tanya Nguyen

I’m kinda new to this whole MRA “in-group” vocab. What is an Omega male?

Donna Gratehouse (@DonnaDiva)

“Omega rage”?

What is it with these MRAs and Greek letters. It’s gotten to where you can’t even decipher 90% of what they’re saying.

“Alpha beta gamma slut whore omega theta sigma derp bitch mangina derp”

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Dawn Incognito – That’s awful. I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you were able to make a clean break and are in a better space now.

I’m still stuck on the idea that Vox Day thinks an airline pilot has “low socio-sexual status”. Isn’t pilot one of those mythical high-status alpha male professions, like rock star, doctor, and lion tamer?

I have a good friend who flies for a major U.S. airline and, while it’s not as glamorous as redpillers seem to think, the opportunities for dalliance are there, what with the long hours the crew spends together away from home, and the fact that his routes include places like Las Vegas, where they get put up at resort hotels with a certain amount of down time. He’s happily married, but he sees an awful lot of shenanigans.

That’s not to say sexual frustration was or was not a motive here (and maybe there are cultural differences), but it seems less likely for an airline pilot than, say, a guy who works the evening shift at the Lidz kiosk in the mall.

bodycrimes

The Gamergate people and Mr Beale should get together and run a computer simulation on what happens when there’s a chicken in every pot and a pair of lips clamped around every penis. Will violence cease, the economy strengthen and a thousand flowers bloom?

Or will the world still be full of people who do sad and terrible things for reasons that couldn’t be predicted in advance?

Hmmm…

Wetherby
Wetherby

I’m kinda new to this whole MRA “in-group” vocab. What is an Omega male?

I think Alphas are the ones who get all the hawt women when they’re still under 25, what with them being irresistible bad boys, while Betas are the ones that women “settle for”, although of course they cheat on them constantly. Omegas are men who don’t even manage to get that far, and who are condemned to die as lovelorn virgins.

Or something.

M.
M.

What is it with these MRAs and Greek letters.

They never grew out of the college fratboy stage.

KSRay
KSRay

I’m kinda new to this whole MRA “in-group” vocab. What is an Omega male?

I’m sure it’s something about being a loser and the opposite of an alpha male, but all I keep thinking of is that Charlton Heston movie. And a couple related White Zombie songs.

Amanda
Amanda

It seems a lot of the MRA’s major problem is, women fuck other people than them. They want lots of women lusting after them, begging them to let them give blow jobs, but not other guys. Hence the bizzaro double standard of wanting women to put out for them, but also be “traditionally minded virgins”.

The other question I have is this–if they’re so desperate for “traditionally minded virgins”, why on earth are they trying to pick people up at bars? Lets face it, that demographic is unlikely to be convinced by “negging” over the course of a single evening. Go to churches or something. (Ok….they might get incinerated upon stepping foot into a church…but thats beside the point.)

Falconer

Yes, Alphas are the guys every (straight) woman wants to bang — the Brad Pitts.

Betas are the guys every (straight) woman settles down with when she conceives her Pitt’s baby, the man who is led to believe the baby is his — the John Hodgmans.

Omegas are the guys no (straight) woman glances at twice, so they never get laid.

And the MRAs keep parsing out new strata of losers, and labeling them with whichever Greek letter they can think of first that hasn’t been used already.

Falconer

@Amanda, that’s exactly my experience. MRAs are mad because they’re convinced everyone else is having more sex than they are.

And if you cornered them on going to bars to get virgins, they’d probably waffle about how they have to go to bars because that’s where all the picky sluts are.

tealily
tealily

Equal distribution of blowjobs also goes against the feverish MRA following of Darwinian theories of a “sexual marketplace”. Of course, it’s also true that just because they are the ones winnowed out, it doesn’t mean nature isn’t working. It seems to me women are doing just fine refusing to be with low-character losers like MRAs.

dOOds: I’ll consider sending a little sympathy your way when male attention is distributed evenly between all women regardless of ridiculous HB number.

contrapangloss

Yep. Greek alphabet soup! Sometimes I think MRA’s use more convoluted greek letter systems than I ever used while getting my math degree…

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

PUAs and Highlanders are forbidden from operating on holy ground. It’s one of the rules.

freemage

Also, worth mentioning to newcomers:

The whole ‘alpha/beta’ thing is based in large part on some old studies of wolf pack dynamics, which postulated a single ‘alpha’ male that leads the pack and has sex with all the females; the beta males are consigned to pack maintenance duties and occasionally have sex only when the alpha is not around; omega wolves, in this system, would be outsiders, forced to operate on the fringes of the pack.

The only problem, of course, is that these studies were long ago debunked as both overly simplistic and in many cases, flat-out wrong. Wolf pack dynamics are far more convoluted and nuanced, and mostly it was the male scientists projecting their own biases onto their analysis of the behavior.

Wetherby
Wetherby

Or pretty much anywhere else.

I have never successfully picked up a woman in a bar in my life. Granted, I’ve hardly ever tried – in fact, I’m not sure I have ever tried – but somehow I’ve managed to spend pretty much my entire adult life getting laid with very satisfying regularity.

Similarly, I’ve never tried “negging”. I have this amazing seduction technique known as “being myself” and “being honest” – and it actually works! Who knew?

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

German pilots cast doubts on the official suicide story:

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

Re: omegas and other similar nonsense

Let’s not forget the Mammothian classic (and the only tried and true explanation of the manurespherian Greek alphabet idiocy):

Elliot Rodger Was A Terrorist
Elliot Rodger Was A Terrorist

These manosphere guys have a lot in common with communists and Bolsheviks, at least in how they regard sex. Vox Day is complaining that “the sluts of the world” don’t pass out blowjobs equally; what he’s really objecting to is the sexual free market, and what he wants is some kind of communist system in which every male is guaranteed equal access to sex. Substitute the words “alpha” with “bourgeoisie”, “sex” with “money”, and “betas/omegas/niceguys” with “proletariat” and you pretty much have Marxism-Leninism. And then you have the incels calling for taxpayer-funded girlfriends.

I don’t think that similarity is a coincidence, either. A lot of these guys admire E. Belfort Bax, after all.

The fact that so many of them (Thomas Ball, Paul Elam, etc.) are calling for a violent revolution is another red flag. They want to overthrow (what they see as) feminist tsardom and institute a dictatorship of the manletariat.

booburry

I don’t know if I can bear this weight. This shame. This devastating guilt. I have only been giving blowjobs to one beta male for 11 years, and it started in my prime SMV years on top of it. How many tragedies have I caused by not riding the cock carousel remaining single and blowing alpha males?

Bina
Bina

“We’ve spoken to crew that flew with him a few days before, and say he was relaxed and very normal,” Phillips says. “He was not acting in any way strange. He was friendly and outgoing, and there was never any sign that anyone should be concerned about.”

Including, presumably, nasty, picky sluts not dropping to their knees before his open zipper for the good of humanity.

Also:

“Leaks of this nature greatly harm flight safety since they invite ill-informed speculation from the media and general public and discourage cooperation with investigators in future accidents,” said a statement from the Montreal-based organization. “The sole purpose of a CVR is to aid investigators… not to apportion blame.”

Ill-informed? You don’t say!

GrumpyOldMangina

My general policy is to more or less ignore anything I hear for the first 72 hours or so after an incident. People are always trying to jump to conclusions based on incomplete evidence — half of which usually turns out to be wrong as well. (See Benghazi, where the complaint seems to be “we made you answer questions before anyone knew what had really happened.”)

Vox Day is no more than a particularly egregious and dumbass version of what goes on in the media all the time.

KSRay
KSRay

German pilots cast doubts on the official suicide story:

Interesting that they focus entirely on the door and don’t address the fact that the autopilot was manually reprogrammed for a descent.

freemage

Aunt Edna’s link to the excellent Greek Alphabet post on Artistry for Feminism & Kittens included another link, to one talking about the bad science of the ‘alpha wolf’ myth, here on this site. We have femception!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@Grumpy

“My general policy is to more or less ignore anything I hear for the first 72 hours or so after an incident.”

That’s an excellent policy, and one used by some agencies.

Immediately after the 7/7 bombings in London they closed all the courts so, being Brits, we all went to the pub. I thought it polite to ring a few friends and let them know in case their work places had shut.

I also included a mate who works for a particular agency. His job is to do something related to gathering information on terrorists. I said he’d no doubt be up to his eyes in it, but if he managed to get a break in the next week or so we could meet for a drink. He said he’d be there immediately. “The info coming in for the first 72 hours is always wrong so we just ignore it. We won’t even start looking at stuff until later in the week.”

Turns out just staying in work would have been counterproductive because their normal information flow would be contaminated with all the new stuff. Well, that was his excuse anyway.

yamamanama
yamamanama

I’m going to bookmark this and every time I say something stupid, I’m going to read this and smile because there’s no way what I said was as dumb as what Vox wrote.

Swales
Swales

@ booburry: Clearly, there’s blood on our hands, unless they’re covered in liquid fucking gold.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I don’t know if I can bear this weight. This shame. This devastating guilt. I have only been giving blowjobs to one beta male for 11 years, and it started in my prime SMV years on top of it. How many tragedies have I caused by not riding the cock carouselremaining single and blowing alpha males?

Same here, boobury. I think I bear even greater culpability because my mate frequently travels for work and leaves me sucking on nothing but honey cough drops and sadness for several months. I now know that my lack of civic cooperation probably caused all of those sinkholes last year. They were right in my veritable backyard, and I never put two and two together.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Ninja’d (with much more style, may I add) by Swales!

Hypatia
Hypatia

If Vox Day is not trolling, my question is, why hasn’t he been put in a mental hospital yet?

Also, guys, check this out. It’s an actual photo from a Facebook page called “Anti-feminism”. (They are obviously MRAs and have billions of links to AVfM in their “about” section.)
It’s nice that these guys honestly admit that equality for them means more women and girls suffering and dying. Lol.
comment image?oh=9bb91064aecdf6d760c856c74a2dd917&oe=55B01E99

Sarah
Sarah

You both have much less culpability than I do. At least you followed the social mores and paired off with other people. I’m asexual – I’m not interested in giving blowjobs or having sex with ANYONE – and I once considered becoming a nun. Oh, the humanity! My would-be mate might be languishing in prison RIGHT NOW and otherwise would not have, if only I’d gone out and tied myself to the first man I saw after I became legal!

Moggie
Moggie

This surprises me, because I thought VD was a big believer in the invisible hand-job of the market.

Sarah
Sarah

Vox Day and others of his ilk are big believers in the Invisible Hand of the Free Market except when they can see that socialist principles would benefit them. Thus, women who want maternity leave, insurance coverage for birth control, quality child care, family and medical leave et cetera, are slutty mcsluttersons and freeloaders looking to get other people to pay for things they don’t deserve and can’t earn on their own. But men can get insurance coverage for Viagra and should (by men’s rights) be able to get Teh Sex for reasons.

friday jones
friday jones

Omega is also the guy who created the Eye of Harmony. Whovian geek supreme right here!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

I thought Rassilon actually created it and Omega just fell into it [Obviously Gallifrey severely lacking a Health& Safety Executive]

Lisa
Lisa

There is a total contradiction in all this. Lots of social studies from all over the world show that males in western countries have more sexual partners than ever before (and presumably more sex). Females are far more confident in their own sexuality and this has benefited vast numbers of males (as well as the females of course).

Do they want to go back to (pick just about any decade) say the 1920s or 30s, even the 50s, where the majority of males and females would be virgins at marriage? The only chance most males would have of losing their virginity before marriage would be by a prostitute?

So there is something really bizarre in all this. “I want to go out and meet ‘sluts’ for quick sex, but my wife has to be a virgin who never looks at anyone else and really doesn’t like sex, because if she liked sex she would be a whore and I can’t marry a whore…”. This is infantile and neurotic.

Plus “that guy over there (claims) he is getting more sex than me, it must be women’s fault because they are not being sluttish enough…But I don’t like sluts”….

And they claim to be more ‘logical’ than females?

Dawn Incognito

@Hypatia:

Please, no ableism here.

This is a false dichotomy. The options are not trolling and insane. Vox Day is perfectly capable of believing what he has said and being neurotypical. I personally believe he is engaging in hyperbole to whip up his fans.

From what I understand, it’s actually very difficult to commit someone against their will. They need to be a danger to themselves or others. Sadly, being a racist and sexist scumbag does not qualify.

I believe that Vox Day is odious and contemptible. I also think he is dangerously close to hate speech and inciting others to violence. But that does not necessarily make him crazy.

Hypatia
Hypatia

@Dawn Incognito

Sorry, it wasn’t my intention to be offensive. Yeah, I realize that he might be perfectly sane and exactly because of that it’s hard for me to believe that someone sane could say all this shit and really mean it lol. Too bad that being a woman-hating racist asshat doesn’t qualify.xD