alpha males facepalm grandiosity gross incompetence matriarchy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA

I thought that I would never see / A PUA write poetry. But then I did and holy crap it's awful.

Hmm. What rhymes with "hypergamous western sluts?"
Hmm. What rhymes with “I’m an insufferable douchebag?”

I interrupt this blog for a moment for some breaking news: Pickup Artists have started writing poetry.

And it’s glorious. By which I mean, of course, that it’s gloriously awful.

Yesterday, while poking around the internet in my usual manner, I ran across an amazing little discussion on MPUAForum.com, an online hangout for PUAs who have for some reason added an M to their usual acronym.

A PUA going by the name bob2 announced to his Comrades in Sarging that he was planning on starting a “a pickup poetry blog.” That is, a blog providing PUA wisdom to the Average Frustrated Chumps of the world in the form of little poems. As he explained:

In pickup, especially in natural game you need to really GET a few key ideas. Therefore poetry is the tool of choice. Whereas a post or an ebook “gestures” at ideas, poetry is tough and precise, it really gets the point across.

There was just one teeeeensy little roadblock with this plan: It would involve actually writing poems, and, as bob2 admitted plainly, he’s “no writer.”

Unwilling to let the fact that he can’t write get in the way of writing a blog, our hero asked the assembled masses for submissions.

And they delivered. They delivered some of the worst poems ever written by sentient beings.

“I love rhyming words to express feelings,” a fellow calling himself Pickup Truck announced happily. He celebrated this love of rhyme with a poem in which, er, nothing actually rhymed.  These two stanzas will give you some idea of his intriguing sense of rhyme. And also what an insufferable ass he is.

I’ve been here a thousand times before and learnt it,
Her beauty is present, but her personality is transparent,
She may be hot but what if she’s also a bitch and unpleasant?
The challenge excites me, the prospect excites her,

She knows tonight’s going to be different,
Her daily routine will not be the same, I stroll over,
Her heart races, she turns to jelly when I smile,
Place my hand on her shoulder and ask “hey, whats your name?”

In the first, Mr, Truck at least made vague gestures towards the notion of rhyme; the second abandoned rhyme altogether.

Also, “hey what’s your name?” What the hell kind of opener is that? Shouldn’t he be negging her a little bit, dropping in a “nice nails, are they real?” or “one of your boobs is definitely bigger than the other one” or “are you a model, like, a 1/32 scale model of a Krupp Sd.Kfz.121 Panzer II F tank?”

Actually, I’m not completely sure I understand negs myself.

A commenter called Ezo came a little bit closer to the goal of writing a poem that rhymes. But he seemed unaware that words that are spelled similarly do not always sound alike.

When you start getting the point of the Game.
Your life will not ever give you the same.
Tired of pondering words that she said.
When she just told you that youre not getting laid.

So close!

Dziah, perhaps noticing the troubles his comrades were having with rhyme and meter, went with free verse. Very free verse. Verse so free that it probably should have been repressed a little by the authorities.

I gazed at a rose,
Cast away into the eye.
Motional leaves move while still.

This inhibited instant,
Reality impedes.
Trance just dismissed.

The elegant red of the pedal‘s tips,
The saccharine essence.
Thorns now pierce my flesh.

Uh, pretty sure you meant “petals,” dude. Flowers have petals. Bikes have pedals. Petaluma is a city in California.

Those roses that dispute the most anguish,
Contain the most eccentric adventures.
These strange saga’s father the Magnificent.

If any of you can discern any possible meanings hiding in this word salad, let me know. I’m stumped.

Bob2 offered a couple of sample poems of his own. One even managed to work in the words “becometh” and “womanhood” — in the same line!

she becometh her womanhood
feels your calm
the easygoing King,
unapologetic, calm

Err, dude, it’s sort of cheating to rhyme “calm” with “calm,” given that they’re THE SAME WORD.

But the conclusion of his poem was so truly beautiful it brought a wettening to my pants.

she wettens, she laughs
her pupils dilate
she can hardly believe it
she’s getting ready to mate.

for you are Zeus,
manhood incarnate
and she a common beauty
yours with which to masturbate.

Wait, what?

Look, fellas, I realize that most of your trips to the club end with you back at home alone, masturbating forlornly into the bathroom sink with the memory of some women you tried to hit on floating around in your head. But you’re not supposed to admit this out loud. It kind of ruins the PUA mystique.

EDIT: Removed a link to a video; I hadn’t realized that it had some awful stuff in it.

Spindrift
Spindrift

@dphk “what rhymes with “fedora”?”

amphora, aura, flora, agora, Dora the explorer

Ælfscýne
Ælfscýne

Their poetry is as deep as Mt. Everest. And I’d expect people so obsessed with getting laid to have better sense of rhythm. Sex is a rhythmical activity after all.

About free verse poetry: There’s a huge (and noticeable) difference between people who know how to use rhythm and rhyme and break the rules for artistic reasons and people who write free verse because they couldn’t rhyme if their life depended on it.

thisdarkbluemind

Hahaha this was the perfect cure for a Thursday morning at work!

mildlymagnificent

This feminist is in a bit of strife with mrmagnificent. We had the teev showing something he wanted to pay attention to – in the same room as I’m reading this.

Unfortunately, my repeated snorfles, spluttering, giggles, chuckles and occasional shout of laughter interrupted this Very Important Task.

Youse guise are fan.tas.tic.

David probably put this dogawful post up just to bring out the best you can do. He’d be needing a laugh after going through all the stuff he had to read to get the bits in the post.

Paradoxical Intention

Lawrd, please send these idjits a thesaurus and a dictionary.

lyzzy
lyzzy

You folks are great. I lost it at the raven and have been giggling all the way to the bottom 🙂

PussyPowerTantrum
PussyPowerTantrum

These examples of, er, poetry, and the other examples of shoddy misogyny-inspired craft, lead me to wonder: could it be that being an active bigot holds people back from good writing/art? Obviously even great artists and thinkers throughout history had their own prejudices, but overall artists tend to be progressive in comparison to their times.

Doing a search on the issue, I found an interesting blog post about why this might be. In the realm of storytelling, which is the subject the blog devotes itself to, stories are about conflict, and conflict gets better the more effectively the writer can portray all sides as human. Therefore, given the same level of craft, the person who has a broader conception of who is human–including women, blacks, gays etc.–will write the better story. So if a story is fundamentally devoted to denying the humanity of a group, as we’ve seen with the stories by Paul Elam, Roosh V. and so on, it’s likely to be absolute crap.

Even more fundamentally, though, and across all areas of arts and crafts, I think it comes down to clarity of thinking. George Orwell said it best in his essay Politics and the English Language: “In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness.”

Think of all the times the commentariat here puzzled over the vagueness of MRM writing, wondering what the hell it is they’re going on about. (I’ve done the same myself dissecting an AVFM post about Malala Yousafzai.) That fuzzy thinking is a symptom of a mind running from itself, forced to hide behind a cloud of rhetoric from the reality of what the speaker is advocating.

Now extend that vagueness into everyday life and work. You have a person hiding from reality with poorly-defined resentments and brutal hatreds, running from their problems by projecting and blaming them onto the hated Other. (Can’t get laid? It’s those damned feeeemales! Can’t get a job? Ooh, those Mexicans!) How likely is this person to create good art or even to have decent craft? Craft, whether in writing a blog post or putting together a decent poster, depends on clear thinking and engagement with reality. Art depends on a certain level of craft and demands even deeper powers of perception–an understanding of the human condition, a knowledge of what makes humans work.

These craftsmanlike or artistic qualities are unlikely to flourish in someone who turns to bigotry in order to avoid dealing with real life and real people. That is why people who build their identities around bigotry are unlikely to create good art, and why many can’t even turn out decent craft. Hating, it turns out, doesn’t leave room for real artistry.

sn0rkmaiden

These boys should definitely stick to the STEM fields, creative expression is not for them.

LordCrowstaff
LordCrowstaff

I have the penis, this means I am king
I am the Google, and women are Bing
My poems all rock so totaly,
thanks to my rationality
With me no woman wants to be,
because the muse is kissing me

Kootiepatra

I don’t think I have enough internets to award to every poet who made snort my beverage just now. Y’all are brilliant.

@PussyPowerTantrum: I’d say that it’s also true that the inability to stop being preachy for one. friggin’. second. would also significantly hinder one’s creative ability.

For my humble submission:

Little Miss Muffet
Sat on her tuffet
Eating her curds and whey
Along came a spider
Who sat down beside her
And strangely, was a PUA.

He negged at her dress
Said her hair was a mess
And mused about what she may weigh
With a roll of her eyes
She just sighed, “Ugh, some guys”
Escorting herself well away.

The spider, perplexed
And most personally vexed
Turned again to Roosh on RoK.
This Web’s magic can
Make his ego expand:
“This technique MUST work, surely, some day.”

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

D: That last couple of stanzas, though.
No woman, ever, has been “ready to mate”. That’s a term we reserve for nature documentaries, calculated to be as un-sexy as possible for the BBC.

Also, finally a PUA readily admits that he sees women as masturbatory aids and not sexual partners.

Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
I don’t think you’re human
And I’m crap in bed.

Moggie
Moggie

sn0rkmaiden:

As one of those STEM Morlocks myself, I’d like to point out that to stem successfully demands analytical thinking and a commitment to accepting reality. These are not traits much in evidence from these guys.

Mercy
Mercy

Re: rhymes for fedora

“remora” also comes to mind.

I feel a lot better about my own past attempts at poetry now…

Lea
Lea

A strange man walks up to you at a bar and puts his hand on your shoulder and smarmily asks you your name. Do you:

A. Cream your jeans
2. Gain the superpower to turn to liquid and run off the stool and out of the bar like a river of “NOPE”.
3. Remove his hand from your shoulder with tongs and disinfect your shoulder.
4. Rush home with him for a hot night of mating. Sweet, sweet, passionate…mating.
5. Tell him his shoe is untied and while he’s bent over, leap frog over him to freedom.

Kreator
Kreator

Hi there! Yet another new commenter recruited by Katie (Woody tried to talk me out of it, but I told him to shut up). I’d like to offer a link to one of my favorite poems, presented in both the original Spanish and with an excellent English translation. It was written centuries ago but it still sounds awfully modern, and accurately describes the kind of men that now populate the MRM.

Without further ado, You Men by Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz: http://allpoetry.com/You-Men

Choice exerpts from the translation:

Whether you’re favored or disdained,
nothing can leave you satisfied.
You whimper if you’re turned away,
you sneer if you’ve been gratified.

With you, no woman can hope to score;
whichever way, she’s bound to lose;
spurning you, she’s ungrateful—
succumbing, you call her lewd.

What happy mean could there be
for the woman who catches your eye,
if, unresponsive, she offends,
yet whose complaisance you decry?

sunnysombrera

@Lea Number 5. And then when I get home I’ll still disinfect my shoulder.

lith
lith

@Mewens:

“poetry is tough and precise”

Newp, still hilarious.

Perhaps the manosphere is claiming poetry now?
“Look, I’ve discovered poetry, now it is manly, and for men!”

Drspacejunk

‘She wettens’. I’m dying.

Lea
Lea

This thread is full of genius. Hilarious! This one is hug your tummy and cackle funny.

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I want to dip this thread in twenty-four karat gold and put it proudly on my mantelpiece (of course, I’ll need to get a fireplace and a mantel first). You are all magnificent.

And I agree with sonnysombrera, “Let It Bro” is an achievement that deserves another moment in the sun. I shall link it for easy access.

fromafar2013

I love everything about this thread. I’d contribute, but I’m hung over and still nursing my coffee. Well, what’s left of it and hasn’t ended up all over my monitor and keyboard 😉

fromafar2013

Okay, okay. My apologies to Mr. Frost.

“The Game Not Taken”

Two broads conversed in a yellowed bar,
And sorry I could not pick up both
And be one Alpha, long I stare
And drooled at one with lock and fire
To where her cleave caused a sudden growth;

Then, look, the other, though not as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because she was easy, and wanted wear;
Though as for that my negging there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that evening equally say
“Are you drunk? No way and don’t come back!”
Oh, I kept the thirst for another day!
Yet knowing how chicks love to play,
I adjust my game and refuse to slack.

lacerta viridis
lacerta viridis

Yeah, I hate it when roses dispute my anguish. With their eccentric adventures. And stuff.

This thread is amazing, btw. I’m kind of having a crappy day, and I really needed this.

fromafar2013

@ Spindrift

@dphk “what rhymes with “fedora”?”

amphora, aura, flora, agora, Dora the explorer

Fedora the Explorer

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

lacerta viridis
Hope you are feeling better

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“Gomorrah” also rhymes with fedora. Make of that what you will.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on flowers and dinner and ev’ry trimming
And not get any poon, and start again at the beginning
And blame the whole thing on the ebil wimmens —

If you can get laid in Denmark, though you’re what’s rotten,
And never wipe below, or wash your greasy hair,
If every conquest is quickly over and quickly forgotten,
And none of them are females who burp, text, and swear —

If you can cold approach an 8 at Starbucks
And return with Kings – nor learn how to grammar
Though the rest of the world’s going cuckoo for cocoa cucks,
And falsely putting men in the slammer —

If you can fill an unforgiving minute
With memorized drivel from Heartiste’s chateau,
Yours is the nightclub and everything in it,
And – which is more – you’ll be an Alpha, my bro!

Professor fate
Professor fate

That disturbance in the force you felt from the Vogons as they realized they were now only wrote the 4th worst poetry in the universe.

Falconer

Welp, I gotta hang my (not-trilby) hat now.

Everyone’s better at bad PUA poetry that I am.

because reasons
because reasons

Nth’ing everyone else in applauding all the glorious poetic mockery in this thread! I couldn’t read those PUA “poems” without picturing these pathetic wastes of space in Shakespearian attire or perhaps a fancy tophat, sipping tea and speaking in a British accent. You can tell they’re trying to do their best impressions of classy gentlemen, but don’t get that simply adding -eth to a word doesn’t make up for the content.

Those ignorant sluts call me reprehensible.
They say PUAs are indefensible.
Trying to sully my name
Cuz they secretly love my game.
Better turn it up another decibel.

Spindrift
Spindrift

@fromafar2013

Nice find on that Fedora the explorer picture!

Also, awesome work on all those poems, mammotheers.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Falconer – Pish posh! Your take on William Carlos Williams was delightful.

This thread wouldn’t be complete with Ross Jeffries’ NLP seduction masterpiece, “Fascination”:

Have you ever been fascinated
by someone whose words just seemed to
PENETRATE you?

You FIND YOURSELF LOOKING
and you can’t look away
and the more that you try
the more that GAZE STAYS

RIVETED HERE
where you want it to be
cause you know that there’s something
you just have to see

As you LISTEN SO CLOSE
and you START TO WONDER
what would it feel like
to be FALLING UNDER

A spell, mm…so magic
being spun by the sound
of a voice whose rich warmth
was spreading on down.

Have you ever experienced
INSTANTANEOUS CONNECTION?
To the point where your thoughts moved in
mmm….
Just one direction?

People sometimes ask,
“Please…just a kiss!”
Funny how you find yourself
WISHING THE SAME WISH

Your mine is amazing
when you really
LET IT GO
As you FIND YOURSELF PICTURING
mmm…you know?

As the warmth of that voice
takes on a glow
SPREADING and PULSATING
where you want it to go

I will tell you all you desire…

ME…I know.

You step out of what was
Invited, slipped inside
Feels like warm rain
Between your sighs

And it’s not important
that you find
every inhibition
is left far behind.

As you recall how it feels
To be SO IN LOVE
And you SEE THAT IMAGE of us
(point to it) Up above

You see at last
who you’ve finally found
what you’ve looked for
and longed for
has finally COME round.

lith
lith

@Buttercup:

That’s like a really creepy Dr. Seuss.
I’m imagining most of it done in a way that he thinks is subtle but everyone’s totally aware of.
And the ‘mmm’ sounds being really exaggerated.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more.”

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December;
And each separate dying ember flared up as I opened up the door.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, “Lenore?”
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, “Lenore!”
Merely this and nothing more.

Soon again I heard a tapping, heard a somewhat sterner rapping,
That forced by thoughts from fapping as I stood beside the door,
Ah, the memories overtook me, when my dear Lenore forsook me
As she told me “I shall brook thee and thy games and lies no more!”
The cold of winter took me back to when she cried “no more!”
This I thought, and nothing more.

Now the tapping turned to pounding, rousing me as I came rounding
From the threshold to the sounding reverberating through the floor.
Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore.
Merely ’twas a stately Raven from the night’s Plutonian shore.
Merely this and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“You’re a raven!” I exclaimed, “Tell me what is it you’re named!”
And the Raven, looking pained, froze and stared up from the floor.
It cocked it’s head in shock and simply stared up from the floor,
Before it uttered “The hell was that? Bloody yes I’m a raven, aren’t you poets supposed to be a bit more eloquent or something?

Drawing back and feeling chastened, I reclaimed my nerve and hastened
To explain as the bird stationed itself upon my chamber door.
“I’m a PUA, not a poet!” Quoth the raven “Don’t I know it!
Now before I go and blow it, let me see what lies in store
For your torture, let me read your past and see what lies in store.”
Paused the raven, “Oh, oh god no. Fuck no, nope! Nope nope nope! Nope, I’m done. I’m out. What the hell, dude? I deal with, like, vague misery and existential crises, not… this… What kind of monster are you?”

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil! — prophet still, if bird or devil! —
A woman sent you surely, to accost me at my door!
Pickup Artistry is nature! Girls, the prey, and men the chaser!
Why not learn to be a player and get laid tons, I implore!
Who has sent you, foul raven! Was it that cruel bitch, Lenore?
Quoth the Raven, “…”

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil! — prophet still, if bird or devil! —
Tell me truly, I beseech thee, was it that cruel bitch Lenore?
‘Cause she was pretty hot, you see, and if she will come back to me,
I’ll maybe take her, MAYBE! If she prostrates herself upon my floor.”
Quoth the raven, “You’re sick.”

“What?” I shouted, “I’m not sick, or desperate to wet my stick,
I’ve got a load of women I’ll be banging forever more.
Just, you know, if she is desperate for my manhood and seeks respite
From the longing I have gaslit in her loins, that filthy whore,
I’ll accept her. Please, she wants, me right? Just tell me, I implore!
Quoth the raven, “Nevermore. You tosser.”

“Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!” I shrieked, upstarting—
“Get thee back into the tempest and the Night’s Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken!—quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!”
Quoth the Raven “You know what? Fine, I will. I could stick around and torment you and your sudden, amazing increase in poetic skills, but you know what? You aren’t worth it. Go stew in your own desperate assholery. I’m out!”

Now here I am, still sitting, by the dying embers spitting
Sorry flames that seem so fitting of the burdens that I bore.
No more sounds of gentle rapping, just my fingers that are tapping
In frustration at that wretch that taunted me with my Lenore!
Frustrated, for the hundredth time, I phone my love, Lenore!
I will give up — nevermore!

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

Most people who write poetry do it because they love poetry. Most people who play video games love video games. These idiots fail at both poetry and games because they love nothing, when they play a game or read a book they don’t want to be challenged or made to think. They want to have fun in a game that’ll shut down mental thinking. Every waking moment in their lives is self inflicted pain and they refuse to do anything about it or try to improve.

th1stle
th1stle

Once upon a time, I was young, naive, and that’s all you need to know here. The poem needs an ending, but like my relationship, it never really ended; it just drifted to the background where it doesn’t hurt so much anymore.

Please enjoy my sub-par poetry.

________________________________

Untitled

Attending school across the country, a long-distance boyfriend cheated on me.
The day he confessed, he asked, “Do I get brownie points for my honesty?
I want a woman on each coast. I get lonely, and right now, I’m a hot commodity.
Be my summer girl, waiting like a sullen maiden, ever watching the sea.”

I was a human footstool that year, his legs usually draped across my own.
He spoke openly about her: About sex, love, and other girls he wanted to bone.
While visiting me, she called him in a rage: “I’ll piss you out like a kidney stone!
Fuck your games! Fuck your whore!” In an instant, his perfect scenario was blown.

Would he blame himself for the broken hearts or the tactics used to deceive?
No. After all, wasn’t it the good book that said our problems were the fault of Eve?
Was there room in this small world for the sexual goals he wanted to achieve?
Yes! But he would have to strip, take the red pill, become a douchebag Neo and believe.

He recited the gospel of Max, Strauss, and Mystery, spitting their malice as fact:
“You’re a shitty lock, and I, a master key; pull up your shirt, that’s how sluts act.
You women make intellectual whores out of men, but I see your plan of attack;
Put me on the friendship ladder? Never again! If I want her, she’ll end up on her back.”

because reasons
because reasons

@th1stle
Wow. I don’t think that was sub-par at all. I could totally picture that being a spoken word piece. Very moving (and I think we all have a hurtful douchebag tale to tell, so I’m sorry)!

Kate
Kate

This seems like the right place to add the most memorable short poem I’ve ever read. It’s by Margaret Atwood, and I don’t remember the title, but the poem is:

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye
a fish hook
an open eye

it’s more visual and impactful than anything that the PUAs managed to put together. I first read it at least 15 years ago and I haven’t forgotten it to date.

because reasons
because reasons

@Kate: That is chilling! I felt like “awww” after the first 2 lines, but at the end I was like “ouch! Ohhhh…wow.”

bekabot

I will give up — nevermore!!

…And I won’t read that girly Thor.

Bob
Bob

With a moments reflection, you’ll have to thank
me for pointing out its a 1/72 nd scale tank.

lacerta viridis
lacerta viridis

@fruitloopsie I am, don’t worry – I just have a cold and way too much work to finish. This thread is providing a pretty great distraction so far 🙂

I can’t quite live up to all the amazing parodies in this post so here’s a quick limerick:

There once was a young PUA
who studied techniques every day,
of negging and game,
and maintaining his frame,
but the girls still said “Nah, go away.”

frances
frances

what rhymes with “fedora”?

angora

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

PUAS all think they’re the Man From Nantucket.

(Rhymes with “bucket” and “upchuck it”, in their case…at least, that’s my reaction whenever I read the vile things they spout)

Kris
Kris

I could not stop laughing at this thread! Mammotheers are the best commenters EVER!
And I would like to agree with Kate about that Margaret Atwood poem–I never forgot it, and always had my students read it because poetry should sometimes jar you with its unexpectedness

Kate
Kate

The other Atwood poem that keeps popping to mind for this thread is “Siren Song”. I kinda think that they believe all women are identical to the siren, but that women only speak to men who aren’t the PUAs and NiceGuys(tm), and so those guys just get more and more angry at the siren that she’d summon all those useless sailors but not have time for them… and they storm off stomping their feet… (but mostly this is an excuse to share more Atwood)

This is the one song everyone
would like to learn: the song
that is irresistible:

the song that forces men
to leap overboard in squadrons
even though they see the beached skulls

the song nobody knows
because anyone who has heard it
is dead, and the others can’t remember.

Shall I tell you the secret
and if I do, will you get me
out of this bird suit?

I don’t enjoy it here
squatting on this island
looking picturesque and mythical

with these two feathery maniacs,
I don’t enjoy singing
this trio, fatal and valuable.

I will tell the secret to you,
to you, only to you.
Come closer. This song

is a cry for help: Help me!
Only you, only you can,
you are unique

at last. Alas
it is a boring song
but it works every time.

JohnH

Sonnet 1 (is the loneliest number): A PUA Saga

With Game in mind and drink in hand I gaze.
My target twines ’bout ‘pon the dancehall floor.
She knows not yet what passions she does raise
(nor other bits that, frankly, matter more).

With Alpha strut I sidle up to her
and heart aflutter stroke her outer thigh
to show disinterest will not me deter.
She stiffens quickly, as, indeed, do I.

“Hands off, you creep,” she shouts and glares at me.
Armed with deflections I rehearsed all day,
“An accident!” I claim, but fail to see
the burly bouncer start to move my way.

My ego (and arm) bruised I head for home,
retreating to my online echo dome.

friday jones
friday jones

Manosphere poetry example:

Roses are red,
violets are blue,
wiping my own ass is too much trouble
just for sleeping with you!

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

Now here I am, still sitting, by the dying embers spitting
Sorry flames that seem so fitting of the burdens that I bore.
No more sounds of gentle rapping, just my fingers that are tapping
In frustration at that wretch that taunted me with my Lenore!
Frustrated, for the hundredth time, I phone my love, Lenore!
I will give up — nevermore!

And again I set to fuming at that raven who is dooming
Any chance at decent human interaction anymore.
Since I lack all introspection and engage in wild projection,
It embodies my rejections, there atop my chamber door.
At least the bird of my self-loathing did not touch my sweet fedor’
Which shall be lifted, m’lady, nevermore!

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

After My Last Duchess, by Robert Browning:

That’s my last conquest’s lipstick by the sink,
As if she’d left it recently, I think
It is a master stroke, endorsed by Roosh,
To reinforce my status as a douche
Will it please you listen to these schemes
to stock a shag-pad of every woman’s dreams?
For never read strangers like you the subtle neg
in keeping six phone chargers by the bed

I feel like this has so much promise but couplets of pentameter are hard, and I’m lazy. The speaker in this and Porphyria’s Lover have the same insecure misogynist entitlement issues and heavy denial as most PUAs anyway, this shit ought to practically write itself.

Lemme go rummage through my anthology for something better…