#gamergate evil sexy ladies grandiosity men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA red pill sarkeesian! sexy robot ladies

Is the devious Anita Sarkeesian "trying to prevent [men] from experiencing the joys of 2D women?"

marlospkm 0 points 2 months ago  As ridiculous as my statement is going to sound, I'm pretty sure that Anita is trying to prevent us from experiencing the joys of 2D women. The kind of joys many Japanese men who've rejected the pig disgusting ways of 3D women already have. There is nothing more frightening to these feminists than the idea of a man finding emotional fulfillment through love of a robot, or the idea of a woman as opposed to an actual woman. Most of society is set up to shame men who don't fall in line, and also fall in love with women. Men who haven't been approved by women are deemed other, and rejected from society. The future waifus, and the Hatsune Miku occulus rift sex experiences take away one of feminism and women's powerful weapons over the male gender. Their dominance over sexuality. Once man is freed from the institutional forces which oppress him, and force him to find purpose in the approval of women, he will be free to pursue his own dreams. Finally men will have no need to fight over women, as they will have something that replaces them the same way robots have replaced the male industrial work force of the world. Wars will be ended, and we will achieve world peace. The masculine will be set free, allowed full creativity, and the world will enter a new enlightened age. We will explore Mars, Jupiter, and the furthest reaches of our solar system. Male and female will be united, working together towards a better future for humanity. But only if we can free ourselves first.     permalink     save     report     give gold     reply [–]Alzael 2 points 2 months ago      I'm pretty sure that Anita is trying to prevent us from experiencing the joys of 2D women. Actually, that's not ridiculous in the slightest. It's a very common thing for feminists.
Wars will be ended, and we will achieve world peace.
Wow. Anita Sarkeesian is even more devious than I thought. Who knew she was single-handedly standing in the way of a glorious future free of wars and from the influence of sexy real-world females being all sexy and stuff.

This little exchange took place in the Koataku in Action subreddit, Reddit’s main hangout for GamerGaters; I suppose we should give the regulars there credit for downvoting marlospkm’s comment down to zero.

While his comment is just a teensy bit over-the-top, the self-described “red piller” marlospkm (who seems to be sincere) is hardly the only guy obsessed with the allegedly liberating power (for men) of “virtual sex” and/or sexbots. Indeed, this was a major theme of The Misandry Bubble, a weird online manifesto that’s been influential amongst the sorts of guys I write about on this blog; check the archives here for many more examples.

Oh, and he’s not the only guy convinced that women today oppress men with their sexiness. marlospkm, meet Warren Farrell.

H/T — Arthur Chu, retweeting Gameranx editor Ian Miles Cheong (which must be very confusing for the GamerGaters who think they’re the same person). Also posted on The Best of Outrage Culture subreddit.

Lisa
Lisa

The bizarre thing about this is that has never been a better time or place than current western countries for an average male to:

Have casual sex.
Have a good sex life within a relationship.
Find a really compatible partner (that is with lots of common interests to do together).

Young adult males in the 1950’s (let alone earlier) dreamed about such a time, they would consider nowadays heaven. A 1950s male would saw off their left arm to have the sex lives that most average males nowadays have and take for granted.

Feminism has improved so many males lives immeasurably, not the least but in the sexual area. And these clowns complain about it.

They need to talk more to older males and read a lot more about how it was really like back then.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Paradoxical intention
Eww good thing they got fired.

M.K. Hadjin
Yeah I don’t think they know what ‘going your own way’ means

Totallyalphadudebro
Red pillers want real women they can abuse and control. But I wish we had robots to catch the creeps so they won’t hurt anyone that would be cool.

Paradoxical Intention

@fruitloopsie: They do have a CGI underage girl they use to catch sexual predators online. 😀

Orion

@Fabe, That’s the one I was thinking of.

I really wish there were some way to get through to these people that Anita isn’t trying to prevent them from experiencing whatever it is they want to experience. It’s so maddening because it’s a basic factual point that shouldn’t be hard to accept, no matter how much you hate her, her viewpoint, or women in general. It’s a huge social problem that goes way past just responses to Sarkeesian, obviously. Sometimes I think that defensiveness is an unalterable fact of human nature, I dunno.

I’ve said before that while Tropes Vs. Women is a good quick diagnostic of some cultural problems, I think she has bad ideas about what good art ought to look like. But I can acknowledge that she’s not trying to take anything away from me, and I don’t understand why these assholes can’t.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Paradoxical intention
It’s beyond disgusting that people like that exist but it’s super duper cool that they’re getting caught. Good job for the people who made that girl and exposing them! Thanks for the article.

Xanith
Xanith

Ah yes, the class of otaku who loudly proclaim that they love 2D women more than 3D women. The ones who are so socially awkward and afraid of rejection that they pre-reject women to pretend it was all their own choice, all the while secretly wishing a real woman would fall into their laps and resenting men who are more socially adapt at interacting with women.

So… a lot like mras and mgtow, only I’d wager that most otaku have a better grasp on reality.

sheehank

@ghostrobot
>What’s with GamerGaters and Anime?
Kay, so the reason for the love of animu among #ggers is because it started off on 4chan, which is fairly weaboo. Even though a bunch of non channers, and even a bunch of non gamers have joined in, there’s still a lot of chan culture about.
Also, whatever guy said that has terrible taste in waifus. Vocaloids a shit, Tomoko a best.

misseb47
misseb47

Every time one of these red-pillers threatens to destroy feminism by boinking female shaped totallyalphadudebro-“inanimate objects I want to set up a charity, kind of like Toys for Tots but called Dolls for Douchebags. I want there to be a massive blow up doll collection drive where people distribute the inflatable ladies to the deserving douches under the condition that said douches never come in contact with any actual ladies.”

That actually sounds like a good idea! O.o ANYTHING to get them to actually ‘go their own way’ and leave real ladies alone.

misseb47
misseb47

“There is nothing more frightening to these feminists than the idea of a man finding emotional fulfillment through love of a robot, or the idea of a woman as opposed to an actual woman.”

Actually not…Us feminists WANT you to find ’emotional fulfillment through love of a robot’ if it means that you morons would actually forgo all relationships with women. You guys don’t deserve to have a relationship with a living, thinking, feeling woman…..And these women deserve far better than the likes of you.

greydawnbreaking
greydawnbreaking

It struck me when I read this comment that he does make one true observation–“most of society is set up to shame men who don’t fall into line”–but then takes it in exactly the wrong direction when searching for a cause and a solution.

Men do get shamed, for a lot of things that boil down to not being “manly” enough. But it’s not women doing the shaming, it’s other men. Ironically, though, the solution is more feminism rather than the opposite.

Lisa
Lisa

Oh shyness and social awkwardness applies to both young females and males. But the cure for it is more social interaction between each other. Schools and universities could do a bit more here.

But the benefits of feminism again. A young male or female like that 40+ years ago might only have chances for limited interactions, particularly if they worked in a male or female dominated workplace. Nowadays. both genders are everywhere in all workplaces of every kind, so they have a much better chance of steadily overcoming it, just through regular contact with each other. Once they get confidence then they can socialise on a more normal basis.

I do worry about high youth unemployment though, not just for the economic affects, but it has to hurt them socially, by isolating them.

But I see these people as different from the exclusionists. The socially awkward really want to connect with other people, the key is to give them the opportunities and the confidence to do so.

These ‘exclusionists’ are something else IMHO. There is a real breakdown in their social development at one point or another.

Lisa
Lisa

greydawnbreaking: Yes as an ex-male that is 100% true. Males get real pressure from their peers (and parents) to act in ceratin ways…and not be ‘poofy’. I wrote on this awhile ago about male ‘group think’, which can be really cruel and damaging to them.

The pressure on them can be terrible and so many really nice guys get hurt and even emotionally damaged by it, scarred for life in some cases.

It is a mythology (that they tell to themselves) that males are ‘more independent’, ‘stronger’ and all the rest. Rubbish. In so many ways females leave them for dead in terms of being more independent and emotionally more resiliant. They are pretty fragile in so many ways and far too many of them (not all by any means of course) crave other male approval to define themselves.

This is where there is a real nexus between feminism and GLBTI rights and acceptance. Great for females (duh), great for us GLBTI people (duh) but also great for straight males and females too. a real win-win here. My past experience is as a male so I leave it to others to tell of the other side of the experience.

One thing as a straight young guy is the fear, terror even, of others calling you ‘gay’. But if gays become accepted at that age then that pressure goes away and a whole neurotic (and it is that) behvavioural distorting thing just disappears. Then they can develop in a much healthier way.

When a straight young guy can say ‘my best mate is gay, so what, or my sister is a lesbian, so what I love her’, then the power to shame/terrorise/them to behave in certain ways by others just goes away.

Feminism has aided so many straight males (wish more of them would recognise this), but so has GLBTI acceptance. Lot of nice guys out there, would be even more once a lot of things that get in the road of that disappears and they can be more themselves.

And this takes away any power from those (for whatever reason causes them) misogynists, GLBTI haters and all the rest, to influence other males into behaving in certain ways that THEY want.

dhag85

Yeah! That’s also why feminists hate gay men. They do, right? No? Oh..

lith

he will be free to pursue his own dreams

If I didn’t have the support (financial, moral etc.) of my fiancee I wouldn’t be free to pursue my dreams. Which would be pretty much the opposite of what this guy is saying.
I am literally waiting for my boss to get in so I can give notice. Nervous. But in a month I can start full time on what I want to do, start my own business.
I realise this is a little off topic but I’m having trouble thinking about much else 🙂

sn0rkmaiden

@Lith, I quit my job and started my own business a couple of years ago and haven’t regretted it once. It’s hard work, but at least I’ll be the one to see the benefit of my labor.

Good luck 🙂

Whenever I think of actual female robots coming into being, I wonder how self aware they’ll need to be before they all join the feminist movement?

sheehank

@lith
Sucker. My dad started his own business. He shovels snow for a living now.
@sn0rkmaiden
You think they’d make the robots self aware?
Also, assuming they weren’t made via evolutionary programming, any asshole with a hex editor could change any such views.

@sn0rkmaiden:

Thanks 🙂

@sheehank:

heh, shovelling snow sounds fun!

lith

Whew. Job done. Literally.

RaikonL
RaikonL

One should tell those people that Japan has one of – if not the – highest amount of cases of sexual harrassment in the entire world and that women are using actual Ninja techniques (disguises mostly) to prevent them from happening. Sexual harrassing someone in a public train is so common in Japan that they have their own word for it (Chikan).

Not really the best country to protrait as a gender equal utopia.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Congratulations on your change of career, lith. And good luck on your new path to success! 😀

Lea

Nothing scares us more, huh?

They literally could not know less about women. If aliens landed and made first contact with a woman, within the first few moments of the introduction the aliens would know more about human women than these dudes do.

Pelagic
Pelagic

God damn it. Just fucking burn all video games.

Zolnier
Zolnier

Is it me or do Manosphere people have a really fixation on space colonies?

@AltoFronto:

Thank you! It’s scary but absolutely noone that knows me has sucked air through their teeth and suggested I reconsider (as I’d expected most people to do). Which adds confidence!

@Pelagic:

They’ll use you as proof now, of feminism’s evil intent! As if proof is relevant 🙁

Nequam
Nequam

Is it me or do Manosphere people have a really fixation on space colonies?

This hints at a possible (and creepy) solution to anyone who’s read CM Kornbluth’s “The Marching Morons”.

Pelagic
Pelagic

@lith

Bad children get time out. It’s a shame their creepiness and weirdness ruin a good thing for the rest of us.

sheehank

@pelargic
Go rot in the same hell as Jack Thompson
@Zolnier
I think it is because the manosphere seems to recruit among the atheists who happen to support the status quo.

Scarlettathena

@Parodoxical Intenion re: cupcakes rejecting teh menz

That guy you described feeling rejected by a thing is bizarre. If I’ve understood, his character was rejected by a lesbian character in a game which follows a certain amount of script, and he took it as a blow to his own ego? This led him to anthropomorphize objects like junk food?

He sounds just like the guy in the post lusting after “2D women”! They should buddy up and GTOW!

Wetherby
Wetherby

Have casual sex.
Have a good sex life within a relationship.

This. Absolutely this.

It wasn’t that great being a teenager in the 1980s either – you couldn’t communicate anything like as directly as you can now, what with there being a strong probability that a disapproving parent would answer the phone after you’d spent ages plucking up enough courage to ring the number. Now, I can strike up a rapport with someone online in a matter of minutes, and although I haven’t been in the dating game since about 2001, I suspect I’d find it one hell of a lot easier than it was pre-internet.

(Another curse of being a 1980s teen was that sexual maturity coincided almost perfectly with the first big AIDS scare…)

ikanreed
ikanreed

This is actually a crystal clear image of the pathology of gamergate. They’ve tightly bound their identity to fiction, possibly because they’ve given up on living real life.

And so they view all criticism of that fiction as attacks on their own internalized identity. This causes them to respond with reactions of violence and defensiveness.

“2D women” instead of “fictional women” or “cartoons”, highlighting an almost sort-of reverse objectification. The inability to distinguish between women and objects, either way.

sagamanus
sagamanus

“Men and women will be united”. Lol. You’re the one preventing that in the first place. And
pretty sure men start those phony wars which are not beneficial towards women, considering the majority of people killed are civilians and a considerable amount of them women, far more than the few soldiers that die in the western world that’s for sure. Second,
the robot goes sentient and kills him during sex because of the overuse and misuse as well as abuse it suffered. The irony of it.

sagamanus
sagamanus

You would be surprised to see how often men at RoK talk about freedom from women by artificial wombs and robots. These guys want more than a 2D woman. But still they want her to be fake.

YAY for Lith!

Yeah! That’s also why feminists hate gay men. They do, right? No? Oh..

That brings a question to mind. Why do these guys need to wait for robots to have sex with? Why not real men? If the problem is that women are too gross and sexually dominate, why not just love your fellow men? Give eachother the sexes women cruelly deny you. Get the warmth, honesty, intelligence and loyal devotion women lack by dating men. You won’t have to worry with those smelly old pussies anymore if you start fellating your Nice Guy pals. These are men who wax rhapsodically about the virtues of the masculine gender. Surely it would be easier to summon a boner for a real man than woman shaped toy? Why, you could go your own way together. Maybe it isn’t ideal, but neither is wanking to a videogame, unless that’s something you already get alot of pleasure and fulfillment from.

Why is having a romantic relationship with a cartoon less of a stretch for them than one with the only other humans they claim to respect? Men are not women, but neither are cartoons or Real Dolls. If they were simply more attracted to a drawing or a silicone toy than to other humans I don’t think they’d make such a production out of women driving them into the arms of a Real Doll.

Is that all this is? Is this just men with an innocent fetish who are so bottled up and ashamed that they are taking it out on women? Is this a way to make it women’s fault that they do not have the sexuality of a “Real Man”?

“If you were being a woman right I’d want to fuck you instead of this thing I like to fuck. This is your fault! *has fab orgasm thinking about his waifu* *immediately feels like less of a “man”* *hatred of women grows*”

Could that be it? Otherwise, I just don’t get it.

@Lea:

Thanks 🙂

On MNGTOW (that’s ‘Not’):
Isn’t the made up fact that feminists want to do away with men entirely exactly what they’re proposing in reverse?

I think you have a point, there does sound like there’s a disparity between what they say they want and what they do. I suppose the cause could vary from individual to individual but it could be about the pressure of conformity.

I believe this oglaf and the following strips is relevant: http://oglaf.com/shiptoship/

Maybe they’re worried they’ll get confused into doing what they’d be happier doing anyway if they could get past the need to conform. I don’t know, it just feels like they over complicate things and end up being terribly unhappy about it. And then blaming a large group of people who had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Lea

The artificial wombs sound so awesome. Pregnancy and birth aren’t exactly a picnic for women. The freedom that would come from not having to gestate your offspring in your body would be revolutionary. Why they think feminists would be afraid of the option of not risking pissing their pants when they sneeze, puking for a few months and then having a ripped vajay-jay, I do not know.

It is the messiness and complexity of human interaction they want to avoid. They do not like anything that has a will of its own. That makes me seriously doubt their desire to actually raise children. Kids are not remote control. They get sick. They get hungry, dirty and grouchy. They do not exist to feed the egos of adults.

MGTOWs are going to need drawings of children to pretend to raise too.

Zolnier
Zolnier

I say put em’ all on a spaceship and tell them the water balloons are artificial wombs.

Lith,

It makes sense. They are angry at women for refusing to conform because their gender identity unravels if we refuse to participate. With no women to dominate, control and feel superior to, they can’t feel like “men”. We’re scaring them because as long as men are defined as being “not like women”, they can’t be men unless we stick to our strict, submissive gender role.

If they want sex from women but cannot get it, they aren’t Real Men. If they want the wrong sort of sex or sex with someone who is not a “proper” (read as: Not cis, thin, sexually inexperienced, submissive and in many cases white) woman, they aren’t Real Men.

Gay men are always left out of these dreams of a woman free utopia. That’s a glaring omission, isn’t it? Why don’t men who like other men the most ever get a mention?

Is it because if gay and bi men existed in their utopia, they could still risk not being Real Men and it wouldn’t be a utopia anymore?

That explains why they are angry at women for existing outside of their ideals and at women within those parameters for not wanting them. This isn’t about women at all. This is about their feelings of inadequacy. This is about their shame.

They’d create a utopia if it wasn’t for us smelly girls. It isn’t their fault the male dominated world we live in is up to its neck in shit. It’s women’s fault for not being pretty enough / being too pretty. Whatever it takes to absolve them of any failure ever, especially the failure to be a Real Man.

Toxic masculinity is causing them frustration, loneliness, shame and confusion. Yet their response is to protect it. I guess they’ve been conditioned to.
It’s sad.
It’s like when poor people or women vote Republican.

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

Love these delusional shits think artificial wombs are a feminist’s nightmare.

No, my wife would not love to be able to have a second child without worrying about a serious risk of dying or heart complications. No, I don’t know like four women who have talked about wanting a kid but are terrified of pregnancy.

Oh, right, none of these shitstains have talked to a woman who wasn’t an NPC. Fuck, even Lydia has more depth than these shmuckknuckles.

Binjabreel |
Right? Zero risk of Uterine rupture? Oh noes!

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard the words, “Dammit Lydia!” from my daughter. Apparently, she gets in the way. I don’t play, but I feel like I know Lydia.

skiriki

@Paradoxical Intention

Isn’t Venus an extremely gaseous planet anyways? I mean, Mars is the closest thing we have to Earth in our solar system, right?

Venus or any of the other planets seem to dangerous to explore at the moment.

Nope, Venus belongs to “Earth-like planets” class. There’s a very similar planet (in composition) under that churning mass of clouds.

What’s up with Venus is a hot, corroding atmosphere, which blocks the sight of the surface from space.

Bluntly put… Venus is like Earth, except it decided to take hotboxing/greenhousing gases to the extreeeeeeeeeeem.

Zolnier
Zolnier

Actually, scientists as of recently reckon the most inhabitable part of our solar system aside from Earth is Enceladus, sixth moon of Saturn, because of its warm liquid oceans. Other close contenders include the upper atmosphere of Venus and Europa.

Falconer

Lydia says, “I am sworn to carry your burdens,” in such a defeated tone that I let her go.

Falconer

Venus kills every probe we land on it within a matter of hours, even if we can get a clear signal through the atmosphere.

Dammit, Mars needs canals and Venus needs dinosaurs. That is the Way It Ought To Be.

lith

Lydia was better when giants had insane punting abilities, she had some purpose then.

Tessa

Binjabreel:
They don’t give women much value beyond reproduction, so they can’t imagine we’d see much more value in ourselves than reproduction. Also, they are so obsessed with the idea of the “use of men” that any time a woman wants to do something that a man is “supposed to do,” feminism is trying to create a world with no use for men! So the very idea we’d want to get rid of our “use” is madness! MADNESS I SAY!

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

Oh man, I kinda love that passive-aggressive “sworn to carry your burdens”. Little things like that help flesh out what would otherwise be a non-character.

Also, lol at the first time a giant did that club-smash thing and I just watch helplessly as my Dragonborn goes sailing through the stratosphere.

Falconer

Oh, did they nerf that? I know I had to go get a goat back from a giant because some developer thought “Let’s do The Hangover: Skyrim Edition!” and for once I didn’t get to join the Kerbal Space Program without a ship.

Falconer

Yessss we are now talking Skyrim on BOTH most recent threads.

Tessa

Wait, the giants no longer launch you into the sky with a single hit?

Lea

I guess drowning in toxic masculinity would also explain why the only emotion these people show is anger. They sneer. They never cry. Victim is a bad word and even male rape victims are just a reason to be angry with feminists.

It’s never “I feel these feels and I need help. I am a victim and I need help.”. It’s “Women are the worst and they ruin everything!” Fuck their shit up! They’ll be sorry when I’m wanking to anime on the moon!”

That would tie right in to RoK’s message that Real Men blow their brains out like a boss instead of being little girly-men who want attention for their weakness and “self-delusion” that comes from not being toughened up like a Real Man. These are real people with real human emotions saying these things. They know they feel a full spectrum of emotion. Yet they mock relentlessly any harm done to other people as if feeling pain or fear was a personal failing. We know they are pretending. They know they are pretending. They are not super alpha bad-ass tough guys. The manlier than though chest beating and Denmark banging is so much over compensation. They are grown men too cowed by their fear of being thought effeminate to communicate with any authenticity. You know why I think they really hate trigger warnings? I think it’s because people being brave enough to say they have feelings and needs related to trauma reminds them that they are still hiding and hurting behind their macho facade.

Verbally beating up on girls really is just to make them feel like Real Men and they need to feel like Real Men because girls get beat up. What a trope.