#gamergate dark enlightenment davis aurini drama drama kings dudes who look like anton lavey entitled babies evil SJWs infighting misogyny PUA reactionary bullshit red pill sarkeesian!

Sarkeesian Effect Makeup! Jordan Owen and Davis Aurini are reunited, and it feels so weird

Woah, as Keanu Reeeves, playing Neo or possibly some other character, might say.

Jordan Owen and Davis Aurini, the Sarkeesian Effect duo, are BACK TOGETHER AGAIN, and plan to finish their, er, “film” together shortly! Aurini posted the video above yesterday, announcing the reunion and giving a timetable of sorts for finishing the film, which obviously won’t be met, but hey.

Owen seems to have confirmed this, posting this video consisting of nothing more than the Owen/Aurini logo — yes, they have a logo — and the classic Peaches and Herb song “Reunited.”

Then again I haven’t seen Owen on camera announcing the reunion, so it’s possible that the wily Aurini has him tied up in the trunk of his car.

Also, Aurini is missing his goatee, which raises the possibility that the person making the “Aurini” video is actually his evil twin — or maybe his good twin, I’m not sure — from an alternate universe. You know, like in Star Trek.

Ah well. I’m going to assume this is legit. I was really looking forward to two Sarkeesian Effects, but I suppose I will be able to make do with just one.

Judas Peckerwood
Judas Peckerwood

The most hilarious part of this is Aurini’s delusions of being some kind of Hollywood mogul.

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Anyone else suspicious this was a hoax to get people talking about their little film again?

Shadow_Bee
Shadow_Bee

I can almost believe it was set up, but at the same time…if they wanted to bother making up drama I feel like even they would find a more dignified excuse (rather than psssst OWEN CAN’T GET LAID HAHA).

Falconer

Oh god, getting back together never works. Just walk away, dudes!

greyskye
greyskye

His little cowboy look is cute, is that new? I was kind of disappointed to not see any skulls though.

Shadow_Bee
Shadow_Bee

I’m reading through the comments on the video, and it’s hilarious how their commenters are praising them for handling the situation like grown adults.

Not quite how I would have put it.

greyskye
greyskye

Also, just not surprised…. the whole thing was just to get some more publicity for their limp project.

(sorry for double post, brain not working today)

Judas Peckerwood
Judas Peckerwood

I wonder what kind of blackmail Aurini used to bully Owen into this “reunion.” Owen’s terse written statement — extremely odd from a guy who clearly loves to hear himself talk — sets off all kinds of alarm bells.

Vanir (@Vanir85)

I am genuinely curious on how this moving train wreck will turn out.

Almost as curious as I am about what they think their obvious little propaganda piece will accomplish.

A film filled with their distilled misogyny and woman-bashing-theories will not really reveal anything other than that theese creeps really, REALLY hate feminists and SJWs – like, for REALZ, realz!

Tabby Lavalamp

I guess this is how logical men who don’t make emotional decisions do things?

David N-T
David N-T

Everything in Aurini’s mannerisms is so ungenuine. Is the new third voice in the project Alan Smithee?

Film Runner

Holy shit, Aurini almost looks like an actual human being!

suffrajitsu
suffrajitsu

Oh, wow. I’d have thought I’d learned that the manosphere will always live down to my expectations but I actually didn’t see this one coming.

I also wondered for a second whether the whole breakup was a hoax, but…I mean, would it really help? It’s not like they were all that on the radar to begin with, heh. Unless they were trying to get more funding on Patreon somehow, and admittedly I wouldn’t put it past them.

As others have said, it is rather unusual that Jordan Owen wasn’t actually in the makeup video.

Film Runner

1:35 – He literally just compared his ‘film’ to The Godfather
2:41 – Only a week and a half to edit a documentary, Aurini? It takes me longer than that to put together a ten-minute Youtube movie review (one of which will be coming for The Sarkeesian Effect)
4:01 – I don’t think my mind is capable of preparing for a five-minute animated sequence about how to out-argue Anita Sarkeesian, written by this guy. Insert Scanners clip here.

All this reminds of is a bit from Greg Sestero’s masterpiece The Disaster Artist:

‘I started showing them some of Tommy’s greatest acting hits. “Oh my God,” one of them said, laughing. “This is so terrible.” Another one, looking back so as not to be overheard by anyone, said, “Seriously, Greg. Does he think this is serious? This is real?”
“Completely,” I said. “Tommy thinks this is the next Streetcar Named Desire.”
“What’s he planning to do with this movie?”
“Submit it to the Academy Awards.” Everyone laughed, but I wasn’t kidding. That was Tommy’s stated goal.’

davidgerard

The RationalWiki article on Aurini is now lacking a reference, because Jordan took the original announcement video private:

#TheSarkeesianEffect: Cutting Ties with Davis Aurini (jordanowen42, 3 March 2015)

Did anyone take a copy?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Yeah, 10 bucks says Owen isn’t exactly on board with this venture, but Aurini strong-armed him into it.

Which is still frikken weird given how much shit Aurini has publicly put out about Owen being mentally unstable and potentially dangerous and not at all competent.

If this was all a hoax, then hats off to a pair of wonderful actors. I don’t know why it would be… the story seems pretty believable. Even the getting-back-together part.

As for Aurini’s new look (cowboy hat and mug of beer instead of Fedora and whisky, still gotta have that cigarette he never smokes)…

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! WHO IS THAT WHO IS THAT AHHHHHHHHH!!!

*ahem*

Also, I am super childish and broke out laughing at the logo of the A inside the O, given how much Aurini seems to be fucking over Owen on this venture.

TOPAZ! (@TheExpatterson)

OMG! They got back together “for the kids” (aka the ones who were whining “you guys are letting the social justice warriors win!”)

Also, anyone have any bets on who the “mediator” is?

suffrajitsu
suffrajitsu

@Film Runner: oh, yes, The Disaster Artist! I love that book! When the first “teaser” came out, I couldn’t help but think of this:

““Probably the most wasteful and pointless aspect of The Room’s production was Tommy’s decision to simultaneously shoot his movie with both a 35mm film camera and a high-definition (HD) camera. In 2002, an HD and 35mm film camera cost around $250,000 combined; the lenses ran from $20,000 to $40,000 apiece. And, of course, you had to hire an entirely different crew to operate this stuff. Tommy had a mount constructed that was able to accommodate both the 35mm camera and HD camera at the same time, meaning Tommy needed two different crews and two different lighting systems on set at all times. The film veterans on set had no idea why Tommy was doing this. Tommy was doing this because he wanted to be the first filmmaker to ever do so. He never stopped to ask himself why no one else had tried.”

I thought at the time that The Room was the maximum achievement in wastefulness, but those teasers juxtaposed with what they’re getting on Patreon weren’t *all* that far off…

Judas Peckerwood
Judas Peckerwood

What are the odds that this “reunion” hasn’t happened at all — that this is some kind of power-play by Aurini to embarrass/pressure Owen into reuniting the team? I’ve seen similar things attempted by manipulative douchebags, of which Aurini certainly is one.

Falconer

I just saw someone on Tumblr griping that Sarkeesian was showing disrespect for her Kickstarter contributors by not using all of the money they gave her on the project.

She’s making the videos she wants to make, in the fashion and manner that she wants. Not her fault if she gets more money than that takes.

But no, now some hateful people are convinced she’s up to shenanigans with the money, and we have bozos like Aurini and Owen who (while they have provided nearly endless amusement) have some really malevolent presumptions.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Judas Peckerwood:

If that isn’t what happened, then it’s almost assured that Aurini strong-armed Owen behind the scenes. If Aurini admitted any wrong-doing or fanaticism towards Roosh (and meant it), I’ll eat his new hat.

Hambeast (formerly twincats)
Hambeast (formerly twincats)

kirbywrap – I don’t think that’s a beer. For one thing, there’s ice in it, so it’s either ice water or a big ol’ mug of something else that’s clear on the rocks that Aurini’s been nursing long enough that the ice is mostly melted. Vodka? Gin? Sambuca? Diet lemon water? Pondering this was way more interesting than what he was talking about, anyhow.

He also sounds more like a normal person in his speech patterns this time (rather than a super-villain) for whatever reason. But still a horrible videographer (seriously, who leaves their flailing shadow in the shot??)

If you need a prop, why not just get an e-cig and put plain water in for the vape? No good reason to expose yourself to 2nd hand smoke just for theatrical effect.

AIT
AIT

Kirbywarp: If, gods forbid, that happens, make sure you boil that thing thoroughly. Don’t wanna have to eat whatever funk oozes from his pores.

Hambeast (formerly twincats)
Hambeast (formerly twincats)

@ Falconer

Personally, I really hope she bought herself some expensive shoes.

I say this because the misogynist atheist-minus types criticized Greta Christina over on FTB for buying shoes and blogging about it after receiving contributions from her readers for an illness she had. Fluevogs FTW!

Also, pleeeze be nice to me today, blockquote monster…

pzmyers
pzmyers

The Aurini video is fake. There’s no skull in it.

ej
ej

I agree. Something is fishy about this whole situation. After the obvious gaslighting from the original breakup and Jordan not appearing in his reunion video, it definitely seems like there is something else going on.

I honestly hope we’re wrong about there being blackmail or manipulation going on. I may not like either of these guys, but no one deserves to be emotionally abused like that.

ej
ej

@Hambeast

They’ve already accused her of that. She addresses it in this speech.

@ pzmyers: I thought so too.

And just this morning I happened to be laughing over this video:

mayimoktoo
mayimoktoo

We all know Aurini’s narcissistic enough to spend hours and hours watching/reading every single Sarkeesian Effect video/blog post/twitter mention/tumblr meme.

What did he get from all that? “Oh dear! My goatee is weird and ditch the skull.” All the “Horrible person doing horrible things” stuff just went whizzing over his shiny little head.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@mayimoktoo:

My theory is close. Basically he needs to paint himself as the friendly, reasonable one after having publicly lambasted his former-ex-partner. Therefore, nix the goatee, skull and whiskey, and put on a goofy hat. And pray that his audience has an extremely short attention span.

The day Aurini actually takes feedback seriously, rather than as a short-term ploy to manipulate people, hell will open up a ski resort.

davidknewton
davidknewton

I will be able to make do with just one.

To be honest I still think this is a bit of a high estimate 🙂

Tina S
Tina S

Wow he is long winded and boring. We didn’t really need the explanation of editing. And where’s the other guys part.

rick
rick

The delusional force of narcissism and megalomania is strong with these ones…

Love how Aurini makes an oblique allusion to the Godfather having issues with its production as if their moronic film is in the same category of Coppola’s work. I recall Owen once stating that the content of the film should lead to mass protests and his own testimony in Washington regarding the corruption of “freedom” due to “political correctness” and “social justice warriors”. Aurini has more than once stated that he believes he will be remembered as a “great man of history” .

Adam
Adam

They have a mediator.
Oh my god.

kellyrtillson

Did anyone else bust out laughing at “It’s like planning a wedding every single day”?

M.
M.

Also, anyone have any bets on who the “mediator” is?

Roosh. Almost guaranteed.

friday jones
friday jones

I think this entire Owen-Aurini bruhaha was actually an extended marketing campaign for the new “Odd Couple.”

“On November 13th, Jordan Owen, a man-bear-pig hybrid, was asked to stop being a douchebag. That request came from all women everywhere. He knew they were right, but he also knew that some day he would refuse to respect their agency. With nowhere else to go, he arrived at the home of his bro, Davis Aurin. Several years earlier, Aurini had also been rejected by all women everywhere, asking that he never return. Can two misognyistic goofball douchebags share a project without driving each other even more cray-cray? Doo de doo dee DOO dee doo dee doo dee doo dee DOO dee doo dee!

neumieproductions
neumieproductions

I think they heard about this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3891970/) and freaked out.

sn0rkmaiden

Initially I thought this video was fake, on account of the skull being absent. Now I expect the skull has stormed off in disgust at both of them. I checked out Aurini’s blog, he’s taken down that lengthy post airing all his dirty gaslighting laundry accusing Owen of hallucinating. Did anyone screen cap it?

yutolia
yutolia

I’ve always wondered how you kidnap a human-bear hybrid. Maybe that’s where all the skulls went.

Paradoxical Intention

Judas Peckerwood | March 13, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Yeah, I have to wonder too, this seems all too neat and tidy after their breakup. Especially after Aurini has been such a gaslighting, abusive douchecanoe.

rick | March 13, 2015 at 3:40 pm

The delusional force of narcissism and megalomania is strong with these ones…

And yet he thinks of us as the “delusional” ones for not buying into what he’s selling.

Also, The Sarkeesian Effect being as good as The Godfather?

Wow, I can’t wait for this to come out in one of “Atlanta’s great theaters”, and to have people sit down and pay to actually watch this now. It’ll go over like a lead balloon.

Completely unrelated: who here wants to join my pirate crew?

And seconding M.’s assertion that Roosh is behind the “reunion”. In that he most likely helped Aurini gaslight and strong-arm Owen into getting back on the project.

Periwinkle
Periwinkle

After the comments in the OP about the goatee, I assumed this was a parody. I watched the whole video. I thought “He forgot the skull, and he’s overdoing the cigarette motions. It’s otherwise a convincing Aurini impression.”

Now you tell me this is real? I’ve been thoroughly punked. Also, I’m clearly repressing some memories of Aurini’s mannerisms in previous videos.

@kellyrtillson:

I did, but, as noted above, I thought it was part of the act.

Film Runner

I think Owen is basically stuck in an abusive relationship. I kinda feel sorry for him.

davidgerard

>I checked out Aurini’s blog, he’s taken down that lengthy post airing all his dirty gaslighting laundry accusing Owen of hallucinating. Did anyone screen cap it?

Whiny blog post: https://archive.today/8PtAH
Chat log post: http://web.archive.org/web/20150306215010/http://www.staresattheworld.com/2015/03/jordan-owens-reasons-splitting-thesarkeesianeffect-skype-logs/

Sadly, nobody else seems to have Jordan Owen’s initial announcement video of the split.

yutolia
yutolia

@Paradoxical Intention: ARRR!!!

Shadow_Bee
Shadow_Bee

Yeah, Owen was so thoroughly and viciously thrown under a bus that I didn’t expect them to ever make up. The possibility of Aurini forcing him in some way to make up hadn’t occurred to me, but the more I think about it, the more I think it’s likely…and scary, really.

Unrelated (well yeah, it is related): Did anyone see Anita Sarkeesian’s “What I couldn’t say” speech? It doesn’t have that many views for now, so I imagine it hasn’t been spread very much yet. Mind you, it hasn’t stopped the likes of MundaneMatt and MrRepzion from making video responses hounding it, as they usually do. I wonder how long until Thunderf00t’s “response”? Or Owen/Aurini’s?

On its own, if I didn’t know anything about her, I’m not sure if it would leave that much of an impression on me, although I do think she’s well-spoken. But having followed her situation for, what, a few years now?, it makes me really sad. She mentions not being able to snark or joke anymore lest people turn her jokes against her like she meant them seriously – it’s definitely something I had noticed, actually, but I wasn’t sure if it was intentional, or if it was all in my head. One example she calls out, is how she’s accused of being “not a real gamer” (a nod to the fact that people keep bring up again, and again, and again, and again, the fact that she once said, years ago, tongue-in-cheek, “I don’t really play games, I don’t wanna just shoot and kill things, it’s kinda gross” as 100% undebatable proof that she has never, in her life, played a game).

And then these guys whine about the evuhl SJW’s trying to bring them down. Also, is it me or are they trying to use that term (Social justice warriors) formally? As though it was a serious, respected term? Ridiculous.

Falconer

@ParadoxicalIntention:

Completely unrelated: who here wants to join my pirate crew?

Do ye still have a berth fer a dodgy-lookin’ cook?

Paradoxical Intention

Welcome to th’ crew, yutolia! We be a crew of feminist, misanderin’ scoundrels, who sail the seven seas pirating terrible documentaries for us to mock with th’ utmost sarcasm and snark!

Aye, Falconer, tha’ I do. (Do you look like Tim Curry?)

Lady Mondegreen

Oh good. I was worried that their friends would have to pick sides. And what about their monogrammed towels business cards?

Shalimar
Shalimar

I think it was a publicity stunt that they pre-planned, but I also think they didn’t spend much time scripting out what they would actually say and Owen is still pissed off at the things Aurini said about him during the “break-up”. Yes, he is doing what he agreed to do and continuing with the project, but he isn’t happy at all about working with Aurini now.