a voice for men antifeminism crackpottery empathy deficit entitled babies evil drunk ladies lying liars memes memesplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men playing the victim rape culture shit that never happened

"The right to kill, maim, and berate husbands," and other Straw Feminist demands | Memesplaining

Well, someone has a vivid imagination, huh?
Well, someone has a vivid imagination, huh?

I‘ve said it before, but the imaginary feminists that Men’s Rights Activists spend their lives fighting bear about as much resemblance to real feminists as the imaginary Elders of Zion do to actual Jewish people.

But even by typical MRA standards, the meme above (from A Voice for Men’s Facebook page) is a doozy. It’s hard to say which of these imaginary feminists demands is the most ridiculous. That idea that feminists demand “the entitlement to rape men and young boys” or “the right to take money from men under any pretense?” Or that they want “20 men in prison for each woman who commits a crime?”

As ludicrous as these are, I think the most insidious of the bunch is the complaint that feminists want women to have “the right to intoxication with no consequences.”

No, feminists aren’t campaigning for women to be able to drive drunk with no legal repercussions. The “consequences” being referred to here are, of course, rape and other forms of sexual assault. Yep, AVFM is angry that feminists don’t think that women should face the “consequence” of rape if they go out to a bar on Saturday night. AVFM is angry that feminists want the actual rapists to face the consequences of their actions.

The March of the Straw Feminists continues with more AVFM memes from their Facebook page, below.

(Straw) Feminists want to take away funding for prostate cancer:

eliminateprostatefunding

(Straw) Feminists like to make shit up, as this made-up example illustrates:

worldwar2

(Straw) Feminists demand that fire departments hire women wearing “sexy firefighter” Halloween costumes.

10408504_786017821453701_1298537780796309960_n

I … don’t even know what the hell the point of this next one is supposed to be. That it’s wrong to talk about the dangers of rape? That women can’t have successful careers and happy lives unless they have children? That … I give up.

11017502_782813248440825_238986306768686619_n

At least this one is clear: DANGER! DANGER! (STRAW) FEMINISTS WANT TO CUT OFF YOUR FINGERS!!!!

shears

You’d think the guy would have noticed. I mean, those finger-clipping shears are fucking gigantic.

For more, many more, straw feminists, check out the rest of the memes on AVFM’s Facebook page.

misseb47
misseb47

Sorry, I meant ‘it is’

ktrantingredhead

I’m honestly having a ball with all the “manspreading” whiners….gee, you don’t want other people regulating your body? Well that must just be tough…As a woman, I have no idea what that must be like!

erika
erika

Ugh. It’s not an infant until it’s born. When most abortions happen it’s just a bunch of cells. Funny that they fret about the cells “dying” and not the children that are being killed everyday in gun violence or by being shot by cops.

PussyPowerTantrum
PussyPowerTantrum

@Bina

“Kill, maim and berate husbands”?

One of these things is not like the others.

A real- life example of the Murder, Arson and Jaywalking trope!

Likening being criticized by a woman to physical harm seems to be a real thing for guys with fragile self-esteem. I’ve had an online acquaintance rant about how feminists thought he was a rapist and a perv for being a straight man and how he wished he were a woman or gay since being harassed is preferable to being “deconstructed.” So yeah, dude is so oblivious to his privilege, being criticized–not even criticized personally, but having parts of his HOBBY criticized–is worse in his mind than the threats of bodily harm women and gays face. So yeah, that’s a thing.

And yet, when I told him (after many many attempts to argue him out of it) that he sounded like an online misogynist, he threw an epic tantrum complete with threats to kill himself and a warning about how angry his mother would be if she saw me being so cruel to her autistic son. I can’t even.

weirwoodtreehugger

I have to imagine that those workplace death statistics cover only direct accidents. I remember reading an article a couple years ago about how manicurists have higher rates of cancer than the general population. It’s suspected that this is the result of breathing fumes from nail polish and polish removers. But that’s very difficult to conclusively prove and isn’t likely to be counted in the statistics. People in this occupation are overwhelmingly women.

lkeke35

If they cared so damn much about men’s lives at least one of these f*twaddles, would support # BlackLivesMatter. Or support the diffrence in sentencing for drug convictions for White and Black men. Not a single one of these a*holes has expressed one d*** moment of empathy, sympathy or support for the families of Black men who were shot by police. I’m going to make a wild guess, that while they’re busy railing against straw feminists on online, they’re also gleeful celebrating the murder of every one of them.

Ooh, ooh ,I got it!

The reason why all of their memes are contradictory is because they’re all so busy trying to one up each otherin awfulness, that there has been a failure to clearly communicate amongst themselves, exactly which horrific ideas they stand for.

sunnysombrera

One of AVFMs memes on their Facebook page is a direct rip off of the Make Your Move Missoula campaign.

MRAs keep trying to pass it off as “satire” or “parody” despite the fact that whichever dingus made the image neglected to remove the small text that says the MyMM campaign is supportive of the message. Not to mention that it’s pretty terrible satire and in the context of AVFM, doesn’t come across as non-serious at all. So instead that’s a charge of copyright infringement (again) and libel. MyMM notified them and made a request for the photo to be taken down but so far there has been silence. Stay classy AVFM.

lkeke35

PPT: It’s okay. I’ll even for you!

Dayyum!

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@WWTH Very true! A sizable proportion of factory workers during the Industrial Revolution and the two world wars were women, working with dangerous substances like radium, phosphorus, munitions, lye, and hazardous machinery under dirty, unventilated conditions. Many of them then went home and put in a second shift of equally hazardous domestic work (burns, chemical exposure, and repetitive injuries, to name just a few).

Not only that, a lot of occupations that have a heavy emotional/psychological toll are filled primarily by women – jobs where women are expected to be the caretakers of other people’s emotions, soothe people who are under stress, prevent fear, and create customer loyalty (flight attendants, nurses, and retail workers come to mind). Also, men might lift a very heavy object once, while women lift smaller objects dozens of times (scanning items at a supermarket, for example). Many traditionally female occupations also require a lot of standing (teachers, waitresses), which causes muscular/skeletal strain over time. In fact, I remember Barbara Ehrenreich citing an ergonomic study that showed that the hardest-working occupation of all is waitress, in terms of units of energy expended during a typical work shift.

The problem is that “male” workplace hazards get a lot of attention, while “female” hazards get very little recognition or compensation, as the effects are cumulative and gradual. Death or disability may not occur till years later, and may not have an easily recognizable link to workplace conditions.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“Unlimited sex with male students with impunity”

Only sex with male dropouts and graduates is sanctioned!

Re: Sexy Firefighter, I’m having trouble reconciling “My milkshake puts out all the fires!” with the idea that woman have somehow shirked their responsibilities by not being draft-eligible.

Either women are silly and weak and ineffective in emergency/combat situations (in which case stop whining about the draft) or they are strong and capable (in which case quit making stupid-ass memes where all the women look like they just stepped out of a Russ Meyers flick). You can’t have it both ways.

Nequam
Nequam

Well, I have imagined using metal snips like those to castrate trucks. Every time I see a set of truck nuts I imagine starting a collection.

I wouldn’t collect them, but I have thought of leaving them in a bag in the truck bed, along with a “spay and neuter your pet” bumper sticker.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Also, it’s interesting that their reworking of the female symbol resembles that awful AVfM Pinterest meme a few months back that showed a fist punching up through a pelvic X-ray into the uterus. They could have put the fist on the other end of the symbol (the end that actually has contact with the outside world), but no.

They really can’t hide their burning desire to punch women, can they?

M.K. Hajdin

I’m totally fighting for the right to berate my future husband.

sparky
sparky

They forgot to mention how we hop on our broomsticks during the full moon and fly off through the night to commit horrible misandries in the name of Satan.

Charles RB
Charles RB

The “Women of Courage” meme, some of those points are the fault of men.

Women raping men? Male lawmakers took an Ice Age to class that AS rape. And having “sex with male students with impunity” links in to that, as it’s men who go “HUH HUH WHAT A LUCKY LAD” about statutory rape against boys.

“Right to equal pay when 98% of job deaths are men?” The majority of bosses are still men, especially in jobs like construction and factories; most managers are men too. Guess who is responsible for those deaths?

The draft and war in general? Usually ordered by men and organised by men, with lawmakers who are mostly men being the ones who decided on what roles women should have in the forces. (And the same people complaining “MEN FIGHT THE WARS” complain about women being in any part of the military)

Mutilation of baby boy’s genitals? If you mean circumcision, well, I hate to break it to you but the people who decided this should be done and who do it…

Bina
Bina

Seriously. I expect that one of these days, we’ll hear one of them argue in all earnest that penises literally shrivel up and die when a woman criticizes a man.

contrapangloss

Um, dudes…

They do make bunker gear (firefighting PPE) in women’s sizes. I should know, I’ve got a set.

Also, can I as a young lady 2 months away from getting entry qualified say how ridiculously obnoxious how heavily skewed the search results for “woman firefighter bunker gear” are?

Apologies in advance for teal deer ahead:

I mean, the firestore and fireengineering are my first two hits, because I lurk on those pages all the time, but the image results?

Staaaaahp it, stock art peoples! No-one wears lingerie under thier bunkers! It’d be completely trashed after a day, plus uncomfy because that innermost lining is not made of flannel or silk (if you know what I mean), plus fudge to the no you don’t want to have to stay in the bunkers all the time to stay presentable!

Seriously, I know image searches have to do with browser history, but I don’t think I’ve browsed anything that would justify more than 70% of those image results not being…

…useful. Like for sizing comparisons, or for getting tips on what pockets to put things in, or for comparing the different turnout companies fitting options for women, or…

…anything but either ‘sexy bunker gear costumes’ or ‘Imma just going to be mostly nude under this stuff.’ Likee, I don’t really object to that sort of imagery, in principle, that results skew is something else.

It’s almost like women aren’t taken seriously, or something, on the internet.

MC Sammy T.
MC Sammy T.

For real, do these guys really think they make MEN look good? Because they actually rank among the worst human beings on the face of the planet. And they all happen to be men. Really, even anti-feminist women might have a hard time backing these guys up.

alaisvex
alaisvex

Magpie, was a legal opinion from 1902 meant to serve as some sort of “gotcha!” in the year of our Lord 2015? If those are the rules, I’m sure that we can pull out some “gotchas!” from 1902 as well.

PussyPowerTantrum
PussyPowerTantrum

@Ikeke35

PPT: It’s okay. I’ll even for you!

Dayyum!

Thank you for your even. I was all out of evens with this guy.

Mainstream relationship advice is awfully close to that point, like this one that lists “Criticize or downplay his achievements” as one of the “14 Things You Say or Do That Emasculates Your Man!” Or 4 Reasons Why Your Husband Not Interested In SEX (all-caps in the original), advising “Instead of a woman constantly criticizing her husband, try to build up his feeling of self worth. Show appreciation for his simply being in your life, and watch his libido increase.” Yes, the subject to that first sentence got switched out after the comma. I weep for the English language.

alaisvex
alaisvex

Or to save time, I could just point out that the “battered women” defense isn’t even a legally accepted defense. Battery and effects can be used to establish a self-defense claim or diminished responsibility, but it does not in and of itself get anyone off the hook for murder.

Olive O'Sudden
Olive O'Sudden

BEST STRAW FEMINISTS OF ALL TIME!

PussyPowerTantrum
PussyPowerTantrum

@Magpie

1902, Judge Tuthill of the Chicago Circuit Court “…a wife is justified in killing a husband who attempts to beat her…”

Did you, like, try scrolling to the top of the page to continue reading that column? Because the judge makes it clear that he only applied the general right of self-defense to the case (emphasis mine):

“Under the old common law a man could flee from an assailant until his progress was barred, then he could turn and offer resistance sufficient to repel his assailant. This is not the law of Illinois. In this state a man need not do so. He can defend himself, and doesn’t have to try to get out of the way. If the attack upon him is of such a nature that he fears it will result in severe bodily injury or death, he can lawfully kill the attacking party. Now, this rule applies to a married woman, even though the assailant be her husband.

But that’s the part you’re really mad about, isn’t it? That a woman has the temerity to defend herself from her husband and the law recognized her action as justified, as though she’s a human being or something. Yes yes, it does suck that your right to kill and maim women was infringed upon. Feel free to cry in a butthurt fury over this 100+-year-old news, you only expose how ridiculous and reactionary you and your entire “movement” are.

contrapangloss

Hey, um PussyPowerTantrum?

Magpie’s generally been in good faith. It’s a hobby of zir’s to find old articles and blog about how the more things change the more they stay the same. There’ve been a couple really awesome ones in the past, even though this ones more on the meh side.

@Magpie,

It might help a little if you’d just elaborate a bit more when you drop links, because those who weren’t around when you first introduced yourself are definitely going to be prone to the mistake above.

Because, yeah, there wasn’t much context there.

Tessa

Oh and what are these “handsome rewards” we get for falsely accusing? I only got a cheap off-brand tv for third false accusation prize. Looking at the catalog, the prizes are generally crap. Doesn’t seem worth it.

misseb47
misseb47

alaisvex-I know EXACTLY how you feel, they frustrate the hell out of me, too. I find them to be the most repugnant, hypocritical, mind boggling punch of narcissistic freaks I have every come across. I often wonder how they can’t see what awful freaks they are. Fortunately, though, no one else (excepting themselves, of course) is going to take them seriously. Everyone else can smell their bullshit a mile off.

misseb47
misseb47

I just love how they don’t provide any evidence for this crap at all and how they pull everything out of their arse. *sarcasm*

gondwanarama

“Beware of the colour blue”. Pretty sure that’s a Julia Gillard reference:

That’s apparently become a misogynist dogwhistle now.

Also, it’s a bit rich for MRAs to go on about workplace deaths, given how strongly the demographic overlaps with libertarianism.

sunnysombrera

Speaking of pulling everything out of their arse, I’m currently on Facebook arguing with an MRA who insists that all feminists hate men. I asked him to provide proof. Naturally he dodges it and says “no u”. I say burden of proof is on you buddy. He gives a list of “feminist leaders who hate men” that includes Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Emma Watson, Brianna Wu, Beyonce etc…and clarifies by saying “belief in the patriarchy, rape culture, 1 in 5 and mgm constitutes male hatred”.

What the ever loving fuck, son.

Magpie

sorry

Paradoxical Intention

Cy6485 | March 9, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Okay, okay, Iv’e been lurking here for a few months now, but this one finally got to me. The other articles on the first meme, I’m used to the twisted logic behind them by now. However, will someone please, please explain to me number 7 and 8 on the list:
“The right to mutilate men’s genitals”
“The right to mutilate baby boy’s genitals”

. . . Wut?

MRAs are talking about circumcision. They believe it’s all a feminist agenda to cut off men’s foreskins. Which is kind of silly, because a foreskin something that isn’t needed necessarily, and it started a religious decision (that was made by men), and it became just a common practice.

More and more people are speaking out against it though, feminists included.

But no, MRAs think feminists are the ones who are behind it all! Because men are never wrong and all feminists hate men because they say so!

sparky | March 9, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Funnily enough, there’s a history behind the whole “witches ride broomsticks” thing. It’s VERY NSFW though (Though very hilarious, in a way).

sunnysombrera

So apparently Facebook Dude is now claiming that David Futrelle is an advocate for mass male genocide and perpetuates feminist lies such as the prevalence of rape in order to demonize men and justify violence against them. I’m not exaggerating, those are his words.

And apparently I also hate Facebook Dude because I used the word ‘circumcision’ instead of ‘MGM’. Also, believing that WWTM states accurate stats on rape and DV is misandric lunacy. Who’d have thunk it.

I think I’m dealing with an impossible case here.

PussyPowerTantrum
PussyPowerTantrum

@sunnysombrera

What is language anyway? Everyone knows words mean whatever the fuck we want them to mean.

Evidently, according to MRAs, talking about rape culture and not twisting the heck out of rape figures is misandry because it paints all men as potential rapists. MRAs can’t grasp, or disingenuously ignore, that systematic denial and minimization of rape and horrific rape statistics can coexist with only a tiny minority of men being rapists, Mainstream feminists have said this, too. But of course, why engage with real feminists when straw feminists are so much more convenient?

@Magpie ‘Sokay. That was a great impression of a troll, so thumbs up.

sunnysombrera

He flounced and deleted his posts. Not before leaving this gem:

What else would be the point of using statistics to make men seem evil and as the perpetrators of raping 25% of women and supposedly commiting 95% of Domestic violence? Oh I don’t know, to perhaps, as suggested by feminist B Sheehee in “Defending Battered Women on Trial” to use said fake DV as an excuse to murder your husband and get away with it legally? NO that would be crazy right?
Anywho, you are clearly a male genocide advocating troll, you have yet to name a single feminist leader who doesnt hate men, and thus cant even be taken seriously.
the fact that you went OUT of your way to use circumcission when you and I had already used the correct term is the sign that you are for male butchery. it’s not that hard to see through you and into your evil black corrupted cunty heart, It helps that you are the cliche of every MGA, upto and including encouraging false statistics against men, nafalting, promoting male genital mutilation, and using We Hunted the mammoth(literally the most misandric hate filled shitblog on the web).
Honestly I’m surprised you haven’t misquoted the SPLC yet!

MGA = Male Genocide Advocate.

I did give him feminist leaders who don’t hate men but because they didn’t fit with his worldview they were rejected. Naturally.

M.
M.

Given that most if not all MRAs are also murderously antisemitic, I kinda wonder if this “CIRCUMCISION = FEMINIST GYNOCRACY” nonsense started from their bigotry circuits getting crossed.

If not, it’s like going on a screaming rant about the Galapagos giant tortoise every time somebody brings up their preferred sort of hardwood. Just, what?

PussyPowerTantrum
PussyPowerTantrum

I do believe he meant Elizabeth Sheehy, who indeed wrote a book of that title. Why am I not surprised that he utterly mischaraterized Sheehy’s work and is unable to contain his animosity against DV victims?

NO that would be crazy right?

Ableist language aside, there’s a brief glimmer of self-awareness in word if not in intent.

your evil black corrupted cunty heart

…And now he crosses into the realm of unintended poetry. I mean, does anyone talk like this with a straight face? If I tried to say this to a friend during an argument we’d both burst out laughing.

Pelagic
Pelagic

Oh thank God the feminist fire brigade showed up to my burning house! The MRA fire brigade is just hanging out whining.

@sunnysombrera:

I’m trying to get my head around this:

– Feminists believe* there is a power imbalance and that women are on the losing team because the power imbalance keeps them there – not that anyone got to choose their team.

– If you believe* this then you hate men.

I feel like I’m missing a link between those (“- ???”?), and maybe “- Profit!” at the end.

Presumably you’d have to hate men to believe* these things?

* believe/point at facts such as statistics and vast quantities of experiences showing these things to be true. Yes, in sufficient quantities anecdotal evidence becomes actual data.

@sunnysombrera:

Related – someone just linked this article explaining consent, it’s rather good:

lith

…in order to demonize men and justify violence against them.

Because women are notorious for their violent natures. Just give them an excuse and … no, wait, that’s not women, that’s not even most people – it’s a minority of the population that happens to be mostly male.

If you believe something he refuses to even acknowledge then you must be in the wrong, because he is surely not!

I think I’m dealing with an impossible case here.

That thing about people that can’t recognise their limits. The one where – because they can’t see the mistakes they’re making – they must be great. I don’t want to insult anyone but… I think this guy might be one of them.

lith

Aw. Everyone gets the monster eventually.

sunnysombrera

@lith
That is a brilliant. I’m just waiting for PUAs to discover it and try to find a way of saying that actually people who don’t want tea DO want tea (and thanks to 50 Shades enjoy having hot liquid suddenly poured down their throat) they just don’t want to come across as a beverage-slut. Also if she’s not screaming the house down and trying to knock the cup out of your hand, she wants the tea. If she agrees to cookies but not tea, she totally wants tea as well.

If she really really doesn’t want the tea she’s an entitled bitch. I mean, she’s had plenty of cuppas before, right? She thinks she’s too good for yours!

sunnysombrera

Oh that’s a good point the list forgot to mention. “If they agree to eating a slice of cake, that does not mean they want tea to be poured down their throat as well. You don’t force tea on someone that didn’t ask for it, right? No.”

lith

Why is this likely and men hitting – not actually murdering – women not?
Why would women be hell-bent on killing men and make up excuses to murder them? I mean in the general case rather than the few where they actually did.
How can he not see this?
Presumably the statistics showing that DV is significantly higher than the murder rate only prove that women are incompetent at murder?
And women go into hiding at shelters because… they failed and had to for fear of righteous revenge?

And here I’ll repeat myself because I can’t absorb the ignorance and paranoia – Why is it more likely that women are finding excuses to murder men than that men are hitting women?
I must have missed the lesson in school where they explained that all women are just looking for an excuse to murder me. Or maybe my parents didn’t have ‘the talk’ with me. I should be sure to teach my sons before it’s too late.

your evil black corrupted cunty heart

classy.

sunnysombrera

@lith
When it comes to radical groups, to create a stronger bond within its members an enemy must be invented. That enemy must have a reason to be hated. MRAs have made up all sorts of ridiculous shit about women being the enemy in order to, to quote Facebook Dude himself, justify violence against them. Assuming that plenty of women want to physically harm men is part of that bullshit. Elam is a prime example of this foul play. Yet I have never seen, and the troll didn’t provide, any proof of feminists trying to make enemies out of men in order to justify assaulting them. Manospherians on the other hand are relentlessly making excuses for male attacks on women, on top of making up crap about ‘feeeemale nature’, then turn around and say they’re not misogynists.

lith

It’s true. It’s all true. I just can’t absorb it.

Excuse me. I’m lost. Is this the right place to ask for directions? Only I’m trying to work out How You Get To The Place That You Actually Believe This Bullshit.

sunnysombrera

IKR. Especially the ‘using the medical term for removing a foreskin means you want to kill all men!” lojik.

lith

That one sounds like someone saw a similar thing done elsewhere for a different topic and applied it in a case that doesn’t equate.
It’s like the thing in a GG discussion about using SJW words and phrases to win the argument. But it didn’t seem to get that ‘SJW phrases’ have actual meanings and contexts.

sunnysombrera

To be honest MRAs think that even the word “context” means something different than it does. They keep wangsting that WWTM takes everything ‘out of context’ when David actually quotes large chunks ad verbatim and links to the original piece every time. I forget who said it before, but it’s like they think that by screeching ‘CONTEXT!’ at us it’ll act like some sort of magic word that makes us shut up.

Lea
Lea

Witches were also accused of killing babies and stealing men’s genitals.
Uppity women have been terrorized for a long time.

Then there’s this:

Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?

Nothing new under the sun.