a voice for men a woman is always to blame advocacy of violence antifeminism creepy entitled babies evil lying women evil women female beep boop hypocrisy internet tough guy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats paul elam Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) reactionary bullshit red pill

He's the world's worst Men's Rights Activist; MRAs and feminists agree. But what he says isn't that different from "mainstream" MRAs.

bla bla
Peter-Andrew: Nolan©: Too extreme for the Men’s Rights movement?

Longtime readers of this blog will be familiar with a fellow who used to call himself Peter-Andrew: Nolan© — with the hyphen and the colon and the copyright symbol — and now calls himself Joschua-Brandon: Boehm© — also with a hyphen and a colon and a copyright symbol.

I think it’s fair to say he’s the world’s worst MRA.

He doxes people with impunity (and doesn’t much mind if he’s got the wrong person) and is forever making vaguely (or not-so-vaguely) threatening statements (he once suggested that he had the right to murder women who visited his men-only website, and has declared what he calls a WAR OF RETURN (in red, in all caps) on the women in the world). He wrote of Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik that “in different times” the mass murderer “would be called a hero.”

Yesterday a Twitter user alerted me to Nolan©/Boehm©’s Twitter account, where he has been preaching this same gospel: that as long as there are laws that (he thinks) allow women to get away with crimes against men, men will be effectively forced to inflict violence upon women, often with lethal effects.

Here are an assortment of Tweets from his timeline yesterday; I think you’ll get the gist of his, er, argument fairly quickly.

pn2 pn5 pn6 pn7Given Nolan©/Boehm©’s penchant for making flamboyantly awful statements like this, it probably won’t come as a surprise that even some of the world’s most terrible MRAs have made a point of trying to distance themselves from him. Last year, a writer for A Voice for Men declared Nolan©/Boehm© “A Danger to Self and Others,” suggesting that he was so far into “the nutter zone” that he might as well be a feminist.

The MRM and specifically AVfM doesn’t need nor want so-called Men’s Rights advocates like Nolan. Those who deem it necessary to use individuals like him as a poster child of the men (and women) within the Men’s Human Rights Movement need to take notice: Nolan is NOT a Men’s Rights Activist. Actually, now that I think about it, I think Nolan would better fit within the feminist ranks. Right up there with the likes of Dworkin, Steinem, Marcotte and the rest of those hate-mongers.

There are various problems with this, er, argument, and I’m not just talking about the absurdity of trying to convince the world that a man who has literally declared war on women is a feminist. No, I’m talking about the fact that, if you strip away some of Nolan©/Boehm©’s more eccentric conspiratorial beliefs, A Voice for Men has basically been saying the same things as he has for years.

Here are four quotes. Two of them were written by Nolan©/Boehm©; the other two were written by AVFM’s Paul Elam. Can you tell which of these men wrote which quotes?

1. The most pervasive element of western civilization today is its hatred of men and all things male. There is a particularly strong hatred of fathers and husbands. … It is only natural and normal that some men decide to take matters into their own hands at all the hatred spewed at them and their marginalization.
  2. It is a testament to men, and an exposure of lies perpetrated against them by gender ideologues that we have come this last half century without blood in the streets. It has always been in men’s nature to take care of others better than themselves, and they have proven that with their silence in the face of so many constant abuses. Betting on that silence to continue when men are hungry is foolish. … anyone, even men, if backed into a corner and kicked long enough and hard enough, will come out swinging.
  3. These “past injustices” that women claim are bogus and do not stand the test of any scrutiny at all. The adult female human being has been the most pampered and protected animal to ever live on the face of the planet … [W]omen have, for millenia, suffered no consequences for attacking men and lying pathologically about men. No consequences at all. Yours is the first generation of young men who might choose to demonstrate to women that there are consequences for waging a WAR OF AGGRESSION on men.
  4. The day I see one of these absolutely incredulous excuses for a judge dragged out of his courtroom into the street, beaten mercilessly, doused with gasoline and set afire by a father who just won’t take another moment of injustice, I will be the first to put on the pages of this website that what happened was a minor tragedy that pales by far in comparison to the systematic brutality and thuggery inflicted daily on American fathers by those courts and their police henchmen. It would not even so much be a tragedy as the chickens coming home to roost.

Give up? 1 and 3 are Nolan©/Boehm©; 2 and 4 are Paul Elam, easily the most influential MRA out there today.

In other words, this sort of rhetoric isn’t just something that happens on the margins of the Men’s Rights movement. No, it comes as well from those at the very center of the movement.

Sam
Sam

This should be reported to the Australian police. It sounds like his ex is in serious danger. If not, he could easily become an active shooter.

M.
M.

Clarification regarding the new rules: Can we say that this guy really comes off as being a God’s-honest no-hyperbole serial killer with a basement that would scare the skin suit off Buffalo Bill?

sunnysombrera

He should have been put on long term probation after being released from jail. LONG term probation. Thank God that gun laws in Germany are incredibly strict and since he was a convicted felon he has no hope in hell of obtaining a licence.

Laws against hate speech are also very strict over there, and these tweets alone would most likely land him in trouble. I think the authorities need to be alerted again.

Social Justice Shota
Social Justice Shota

I got the quotes right. Quote 3 could be addressed to Nolan because OF SUDDEN CAPS which he likes. I remembered Quote 4 from on earlier article on your blog (mostly the light a judge on fire part had sticked). I managed to pin Quote 2 to Elam mainly because of his complicated way of writing. Quote 1 and 2 are nearly identical in content.

The only direct difference in views discernible is that Elam sometimes blames other men for the ‘privilege’ of women whereas Nolan focuses his aggression solely on women.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@David Futrelle:

I think you were being misleading with the quote game. You didn’t include random words written IN ALL CAPS in bright red for Boehm’s quotes!

Seriously, I followed some links back around to his “manbook” website (which seriously… it’s just a blog…) and it looked like the webpage had an angry case of chickenpox.

Ælfscýne
Ælfscýne

Where’s he originally from? And why isn’t he allowed back to Australia (or the other European country)? Do I even want to know?

ſoǝ Klǝɯɯǝɹ (@JoeKlemmer)

The level of delusion these asshats have achieved is herculean. They make skinheads look almost sane. Almost.

sunnysombrera

Jesus Christ. He should absolutely be alerted to the authorities again.

I felt sick reading that. Warning: severe apologism for rape and violence against women. Of course.

sunnysombrera

Oh shit wrong URL. I meant to link to today’s post on titled “Another Dead Woman”. You can find in the Recent Posts section, I don’t know how to use DoNotLink and I am NOT giving him the clicks.

weirwoodtreehugger

I guessed 1 and 4 were Elam. Oh, well.

The rest of the MRM only have a problem with Nolan because he’s completely honest about his misogyny and he makes it more difficult for them to play dumb when the rest of us suggest that the MRM is less about doing anything positive for men and more about woman hating.

Shut up, Woody.

Falconer

Oh god, I was driving in to work today wondering what sPANC was up to, and what Tommy “Hard Chairs” had got done on that “documentary” he was pushing last year. Serendipity!

Is it sPANC or Mr. Hard Chairs who flipped his (metaphorical) wig when someone here tweaked his nose about having a receding hair line?

sunnysombrera

I just flagged one of Nolan’s Youtube videos as promoting hate or violence, gave the timestamp and details and everything. Does Youtube tell the person who flagged their video? Given his propensity for doxxing I realise I may have made a mistake by doing that…

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

I’m curious as to what crimes he alleges women get away with. Does he explain this at all? Or is it just one of those abstract reasons that “women are bad”?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@sunnysombrera:

In all the cases where I’ve seen someone complain about their videos being flagged, I don’t recall a single case where they seemed to know who the flagger/s was/were. I think you’re safe.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Falconer:

That was definitely Hard chairs. And now you’ve got me wondering whatever happened to that documentary too. Wasn’t he going to go to the street and ask random people to tell jokes to see how funny they were, and see if feminists are more or less funny than other folks?

I remember quite a long conversation about all the ways this was a useless endeavor.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

“Do what we say or we’ll kill you.”

sunnysombrera

@Fnoicby Here is a quote from the blog post I linked that might give some insight. Bolded bits are my own doing. WARNING. MASSIVE RAPE AND VIOLENCE APOLOGISM.

I did a long video directed at Mercedes Careera this week. One of her friends, Cytherea was brutally raped in her house. Feminists were silent. Mercedes did a great video slamming feminists for their silence. I thanked her very much for her video and speaking out. She did a good thing.

In my video response to her I pointed out that a significant portion of the driver for such violent behaviour of young men was the very fact that these young men know that they are going to be treated like 4th class citizens for the remainder of their lives.

They know they have no security of any opportunity to raise their children. They know they have no job security. They know they have no security for even living in their own house.

The young men know they are going to be treated like human refuse. So why NOT go and rape a woman? What is to be lost? No much. When you take away any reasonable chance that a man might be successful in his life do not be surprised if he turns to violence and crime.

And here we have another dead woman. Another woman who thinks a piece of paper will stop a man from killing her when he knows that she is able to ruin the rest of his life. The stupidity of women is just amazing.

“Yeah, this restraining order will really protect me if he wants to kill me.”

Well DUH!?

The first bolded bit seems to be a very dramatised version of MRA talking points: child custody, divorce, not sure about ‘job security’ but maybe he means when a woman ‘steals’ a man’s job? Nolan blames these things most overtly for violence against women. In his video he also claims women are “condoning the criminal victimisation of men” by which I think he means “women are reporting men who have committed crimes to the authorities”? Or “women are pushing for criminalising things (that men do against them) that I don’t think should be criminalised”?

The second bolded bit is the most chilling. It ties in with his idea that men rape and kill because ‘they know they’ll be 4th class citizens’ and yet MOCKS the woman who was scared enough to take out a restraining order!

sunnysombrera

Also, as much as I hate to admit agreement with an AVFM writer Nolan most certainly is a danger to himself and others. In his video he claimed to be the leader of a movement to “secure rights for men and boys” and then blatantly threatened women by saying (paraphrased) “if you don’t help me and do what I say there’ll be more violence.”

Ælfscýne
Ælfscýne

Sunnysombrera: About the restraining order: he’s right in saying that it’s “just” a piece of paper that will not hold the respondent back if they really decide to harm the other party. I’m not familiar with statistics on RO violation but it sadly seems common enough. (Although I suspect it works fine for most people.)

OK, so I figured out he’s from Australia. I didn’t know you can be denied entry to your own country. I thought that’s the only place that is kind of forced to take you back (even if to lock you up).

sunnysombrera

@Elf He’s is correct, but it’s still in the kind of “she had it coming” tone he uses whenever talking about violence against women.

Ælfscýne
Ælfscýne

That’s true, yes. I guess I’m so used to that from these people that I don’t even twitch to it any more.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

Wasn’t Nolan also involved in some pedophilia-related scandal — promoting sex with children or something similar?

Fnoicby
Fnoicby

Ah thanks, sonnysombrera. I couldn’t stomach a look at his website. So it seems like it’s more about ambiguous “crimes” rather than actual illegal things.

Jarred H

@sunnysombrera, I’m also guessing that “job security” might mean that a guy isn’t guaranteed to get away with making sexist remarks or flirting with sexually harassing female coworkers anymore.

sunnysombrera

@Jarred Good point. Like all other MRAs Nolan is basically whining that men can’t do what they like when they like any more.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

What exactly are these vague “crimes” that he’s charging against women? I’m guessing EWF (Existing While Female) is a big one.

I’m a little sad that he changed his name, and we can no longer call him Peter Andrew Colon Nolan.

I, for one, am looking forward to the sovereign citizen explanation of why Joshua needs to be spelled with a C.

Falconer

Failing to renounce prostitution in all its forms!

Oh, wait, that’s Meagre Buttock Pads again.

Viscaria
Viscaria

You will find more men killing more women and children in OZ exactly because my call for help was spurned.

Yeah, I’m thinking you’ve lost access to your children not because of your ex’s supposed crimes, but because you believe men are justified in murdering their children if they don’t get the access they feel entitled to.

amadangelandme
amadangelandme

“Sam, the good news is that, as far as I know, he’s in Germany, and Australia won’t let him back in.”

How is that good news? I live in Germany =(

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

Was this the guy who demanded payment in gold from anyone who dared to use his name without permission? And if so, do the same rules apply to his new handle?

Falconer

@Flying Mouse: Yep, that’s him, although to be fair, it’s fairly common practice among sovereign citizens, I understand. Especially the demand to be paid in troy ounces of gold, something everyone’s got just laying around.

Tessa

What are these crimes women are supposedly committing in Australia that somehow warrant capital punishment to this guy? Or is this all about divorce court?

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

@Falconer – Thanks, I thought I remembered this joker showing up and demanding precious metals. It was the first time I’d ever heard of a sovereign citizen, though sadly not the last.

And now I’m kind of appalled by my ability to recall all of these jerks.

Falconer

Don’t worry, FM, this one’s kind of memorable because of the punctuation.

Miss Andry

Oh joy, Peter Andrew Colon Nolan Copyright is back…

sunnysombrera

Peter Joschua-Brandon% Andrew^& Nolan $£”@>*+# (copyright)

Nickname -^%£)(?<!"¬

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Otherwise pronounced as; the asshole formerly known as Colon Nolan.

Ellesar

I can understand a man being angry and resentful when he loses his home and has limited access to his children after a bitter divorce. What I don’t understand is why it is then morally justifiable and understandable – even obligatory – to go on a murderous rampage?

These guys just do not seem to get that this kind of aggression shows during the custody ‘battle’. If you are acting like you are on a hair trigger for extreme violence if everything does not go your own way then it is not at all surprising that a court may limit your access to your children.

scalyllama

Revoltingly, Nolan is using the death of a woman at the hands of her axe-wielding partner to “score” points. Tara Costigan was killed by her partner (allegedly – it’s before the courts) one week after she gave birth to their daughter, and one day after being granted an interim DVO against him.

The tweets are responses to posts from newspaper The Canberra Times and political commentator and Crikey editor Bernard Keane.

We have an epidemic of violence against women in Australia and so far this year, the number of deaths of women at the hands of current or former intimate partners is two a week – double the previous average.

Human garbage seems too kind a description for Nolan.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Hard to make P-A:NC! At The Disco jokes if he’s just going to up and change his name…

totallyalphadudebro
totallyalphadudebro

Wait, isn’t this guy one of those “freemen on the land” douche knuckles? Who, to quote Wikipedia:
“are a loose group of people who claim that all statute law is contractual, and that such law is applicable only if an individual consents to be governed by it. They believe that they can therefore declare themselves independent of government jurisdiction, holding that the only “true” law is their particular interpretation of the term “common law”.
And now he’s frothing with rage because he thinks women are above the law? Maybe women simply haven’t consented to be governed by said law. I might be misinterpreting his views, but if I’m right that is some first class hypocrisy.

Also freemen are supposed to believe in natural laws, which, again quoting Wikipedia, means:
“Under their theory, natural laws require only that individuals do not harm others, do not damage the property of others, and do not use “fraud or mischief” in contracts.”
I’m pretty sure murder and violence against women constitutes harm.

ktrantingredhead

If you haven’t already, everyone saying he should be reported should do just that. I contacted the German federal police personally. You can do so too here:

You have to enter your first and last name and some kind of phone number in order to send, so I entered 000-000-0000 as I do not have a German phone number. This allowed my message to go through. You have only 1000 characters to describe the problem. When you’re done, hit “Senden.” If your message was not successful, the same page will reappear with a lot of red on it. If it was successful, it will read, “Ihre Nachricht wurde erfolgreich versandt,” which is basically, “Your message was sent.”

Being that he is a threat in several countries, I contacted Interpol as well, which you can do here:

Thankfully, that’s all in English. You also have the choice to attach files, so screen grabs above can be sent.

Not to worry, he’s already wanted by INTERPOL.

sunnysombrera

If he’s wanted by Interpol and on a watch list in Germany why has nobody hauled his ass to court for hate speech yet?!

Robert
Robert

I remember Granny Weatherwax saying that all evil starts with treating people as things. Mr. Punctuation here certainly demonstrates that. The only truly surprising part of all this is that he actually married and procreated. So, he was at one point willing and capable of pretending to be a halfway decent human being for short periods of time.

The fact that his native country refuses to let him back in does amuse me, though. You really have to work for that, as I understand it. Nothing else about him is anything less than revolting.

ktrantingredhead

He probably is already on several watch lists, but I do my best not to Kitty Genovese anybody. You just never know. Better safe than sorry IMO. And who knows, they may just throw it away because it’s twitter and…i dunno…somehow threats and hate speech “don’t count” there or something.

Ghost Robot
Ghost Robot

As with all these Sovereign Citizen/Freeman-on-the-Land cranks, I look forward to him coming a cropper with the authorities. They always do in the end.