#gamergate $MONEY$ antifeminism davis aurini drama kings dudes who look like anton lavey entitled babies evil SJWs ha ha I tricked you infighting irony alert rhymes with roosh sarkeesian!

BREAKING GAMERGATE BREAKUP NEWS: Jordan Owen has fired Davis Aurini from #TheSarkeesianEffect!

Owen and Aurini in happier times
Owen and Aurini in happier times

Oh, say it ain’t so! The creative team behind The Sarkeesian Effect has fallen apart in a wave of mutual recriminations and accusations and general bad feelings! Owen is accusing Aurini of blackmail! Aurini is accusing Owen of being a nerd who can’t get laid! They’re both accusing each other of trying to take the money and run!

And apparently Roosh V — yes, that Roosh V, do you even know of any others — played the Yoko Ono role in this breakup.  (Sorry, Yoko, it really wasn’t fair to drag you into this, so I’ll post a video of your awesome Walking On Thin Ice at the end of this post.)

Owen announced the firing of Aurini in this video:

Oh, sorry, that wasn’t Owen announcing the firing. That wass Tammy Wynette singing D-I-V-O-R-C-E.  Here’s Owen:

Whoops. That was “The Breakup Song” by the Greg Kihn Band. HERE’s Owen:

Ok, that was actually Frida — you know, from ABBA — doing “I Know There’s Something Going On.” I dunno, it’s a pretty good song, don’t you think? And it’s sort of relevant.

Anyway, here’s the actual video from Owen. It’s not that long. You should watch it. He’s fully clothed in this one. Well, at least from the waist up.

I’m not quite sure if Owen actually has the authority to fire Aurini, but then again I’m not an expert in Shithead Breakup Law. In case you didn’t watch the video, he says he plans to finish the, er, film without Aurini. And he apparently has all the money.

Aurini, meanwhile, has offered his side of the story in a blog post:

Jordan Owen has decided to split the partnership he and I formed to produce the GamerGate documentary about Anita Sarkeesian, with the planned title The Sarkeesian Effect.  Conveniently after collecting the funds I begged you for in my last post.

Aurini, despite being fired and not having access to the duo’s Paypal account, pledges that he too will see the, er, film to its completion, thus raising the possibility that there will be TWO COMPETING SARKEESIAN EFFECTS, sort of like when Black Flag got back together, but as two competing bands, with one touring as Black Flag and the other just as Flag.

“This project will see fruition,” Aurini writes, “and it will be a palpable blow against the Social Justice movement.”

A BLOW, A VERY PALPABLE BLOW!

Alas, I knew him, Horatio.

A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse!

Anyhoo, Aurini claims that the film “is as good as in the bag,” with not much beyond editing left to do, and claims to be puzzled as to why Owen would take his ball and go home at this late state in the production. He claims

there was absolutely no disagreement over the film at all, and Jordan’s role as Producer, by this point, had mainly devolved to signing the cheques while I did the editing, and others did the animation.

The only logical reason to split the project at this point was because he’d just received the final month’s funding…

But just when you think Aurini is going to start in on a rant on what a dirty thief Owen is, he heads in a totally different direction, insinuating that Owen’s REAL reason for the breakup had less to do with money than it did with, well, let’s let Aurini explain:

After the past two months of communiques with Jordan, I strongly suspect that he undermined this project because of an irrational jealously of Roosh, and any man who’s able to relate to women easily.

He’d been asking me for advice about women since the get go – which led me to recommending my colleague Roosh who has done much to support us – but every time I spoke about him, it seemed to fill Jordan with rage.  Eventually leading to a panic attack that got him kicked off of an airplane – the last time I saw him in person.

That’s right. He’s saying that Jordan Owen is some kind of Omega Male Luh-huh-LOOOOOSER who can’t score the HBs!

Then Aurini asks for more money:

I ask that you continue to support me as I pull the last strands together, and cancel your financial support to Mister Owen.  He does not have the technical capacity to put this film together the way it needs to be done.

Oh, this is going to be good.

Oh, and here’s that Yoko Ono song, which seriously is probably one of my top ten favorite songs of all time.

H/T  — Skiriki, for being the first to alert me to this exciting development.

H/T — To Mike in the comments, who pointed me to that pic of the formerly dynamic duo, which I knew was out there but just couldn’t find!

Jef Withonef

This. Is. GLORIOUS!

weirwoodtreehugger

Roosh does relate well to women. Whenever I see his blog posts, I just think, finally! Someone who gets me!

iburry
iburry

ernsthot
ernsthot

Christmas again so soon?

Casually
Casually

My only question is who gets custody of the skull.

I’m disappointed that there wasn’t a breakup video of Owen eating a pint of ice cream or something.

Social Justice Shota
Social Justice Shota

My personal Gamergate themesong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcTCMvYfer4

schwadevivre

Keeping the Shakespearean vibe
“Two assholes, alike in infamy,
In fair Canada where we set our scene …”

Tessa

But things were going so well! If their teasers were any evidence, this video was going to be cutting edge and really finally put the death blows to all those horrible people who want “social justice.” So sad. The only silver lining is that now there’s the possibility of two… TWO such high quality videos exposing the truth about Anita Sarkeesian. But it’s a sad sad day when these two stand up guys… these TITANS with such lofty and important goals in life can’t get along. Oh well.

ej
ej

It was because of the skulls, wasn’t it?

KSRay
KSRay

Roosh relates to women? He’s related to women, but I don’t think that’s the same thing.

TKTK
TKTK

So… accusing people of doing things just for the money (even when there isn’t a ton of it at stake) and because they can’t get laid. Seems to be their go-to argument, for women and men. Maybe they are equal opportunity, after all!

Rowsdower
Rowsdower

Two belligerent, self-obsessed misogynistic manchildren couldn’t cooperate on a project? Shocking!

Kootiepatra

I saw an article about this on Twitter, and bolted straight over here. My jaw has been hanging open for about ten minutes straight.

I mean, I imagined lots of ways that the project might end, but this wasn’t one of them.

Holy poopnuggets.

MrFoster
MrFoster

To quote Raylan Givens:
Wonderful things happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes

runsinbackground
runsinbackground

What the heck’s an HB?

Adam
Adam

So much for uniting under a common enemy. Having seen Aurini’s other “movie”, I decidedly don’t want to watch this one. How the manosphere reacts to it, however, I’m really curious about.

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen
Falconer

@runsinbackground: I’ve always understood it to mean Hot Babe, but I could be wrong.

Lisa C (@hppykittystudio)

As much as these guys horrify me, it’s as funny as a reality show train wreck.

freemage

runsinbackground | March 3, 2015 at 12:28 pm

What the heck’s an HB?

It’s either Hot Babe or Hot Body. It’s often followed by a number from the classic and adolescent scale of 1-10, though the notion of an “HB 1” is kind of contradictory–you’ll generally see them talking about “HB7”, at the lowest.

Mike
Mike

You missed this wonderful picture from their honeymoon, in which Owen seems already haunted by the things to come, while Aurini is still, uh, smiling (?):comment image

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
kirbywarp
kirbywarp

There are still people in the comments sections saying that this duo, and this project, is more trustworthy than Anita’s stuff. Despite Anita having no personal falling-outs, nor anything that would even suggest her project wouldn’t move forward as planned.

And then there are others that think the whole shebang is gonna devolve into yet another of Owen’s ill-filmed rants.

That would be hilarious. Owen’s version reduces to an hours-long rant with interviews cut-and-pasted in between slightly more professionally than holding a laptop up to the camera, while Aurini’s version is going to be “Ethics in a Time of Sarkeesian.”

And yes, he’s going to totally have an imaginary ninja battle against Anita. And lose.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I’m certainly not the first person to say this here, but it always makes me laugh when they rail against social justice. Social justice warriors, sure. I understand that is as a mocking term, intended to convey that “SJW”s are too ready to go to battle over some minor slight in the name of justice. But who comes out and says they’re against justice itself?

maghavan
maghavan

We’ve all seen this movie before. 2+ con men partner to take a mark but also scheme to screw the other(s) a the same time. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Grifters, etc. It’s an old Hollywood favorite and can be quite entertaining.

We are all going to enjoy this.

Retrobitch
Retrobitch

In a nutshell, this project was a joke from day one and leaves behind some of the finest tragicomedy ever dumped on the internet.

ryohji
ryohji

ryohji
ryohji

Now the big question is “Who is surprised by that ?” Not me, that’s for sure.

suffrajitsu
suffrajitsu

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Anyone else love that this is the first real update in, like, months? <3

Would all the Aurini footage get caught from the final cut of The Sarkeesian Effect? (If it happens–that's a major if) That'd be a shame, actually.

If they do a Hearts of Darkness-type "Making Of", I WOULD SO WATCH THAT SHIT.

maghavan
maghavan

Guys,

Upon a few minutes of reflection, I’m not sure we can take this thing at face value at all.

I think there’s a decent chance that they have already split/disposed of the money together and this whole “fight” is an act as part of the strategy of <a href="http://infofranpro.wdfiles.com/local–files/19520101-on-cooling/19520101%20On%20cooling.pdf""cool outing" the marks.

I’m thinking that’s whats going on. Both are making promises. As the time stretches out and nothing comes out many people will psychologically accept that they aren’t getting anything from their investment and come to believe that this was just bad luck. After a while, both can quietly drop the act and walk away.

maghavan: That would require them to successfully plan something that involves cooperation. Do you really think they’re that smart?

maistrechat

[Insert link to the Tre Lux version of “I know there’s something going on”]

franticcaps
franticcaps

Who’da thunk it, a project cooked up by two libertarian turdbags not panning out because they ended up unable to cooperate with one another. How’s that rugged individualism working out for ya, shitlords?

grumpyoldnurse

I’m just glad everyone seems to be wearing pants…

daniel
daniel

Excellent stuff! Love how hate groups always seem to turn on each other. Something about alpha juice and wolves I guess.

Anyone with some knowledge about mr alpha (Davis Aurini) and academic studies? He sure wants to be one (just take a lol look at his rant about phd.) but if someone writes “trained in the arts of history”, or what it now was, I do suspect that the person dont even have a degree to brag about. Anyone?

Delphi Ote
Delphi Ote

Jordan’s videos are a lot more fun to watch if you imagine that he’s trying to sneak out a fart during all those uncomfortable pauses.

osama mcdonald
osama mcdonald

Liked the Black Flag reference

Leisha Young
Leisha Young

It’s so dramatic! I love it!

if4dancers

Lololololol

The comments section for the video is also amazing.

I hope the movie is like The Room of documentaries.

This gives me hope it will be that unintentionally, spectacularly hilarious.

zarathustratheserpent

UH OH!!! TROUBLE IN PARADISE!!!

ParadoxicalIntention

I’m mildly disturbed that Owen was actually disagreeing with Roosh, and Aurini says that’s the reason they’re breaking up (now send Aurini all your monies and don’t send anymore to that poophead Owen!).

I feel dirty for agreeing with Owen on anything. So, so dirty.

I’ll just console myself with my new book. I wanted to get the second book to the Tantalize series by Cynthia Leitich Smith, but I ended up getting the third by accident. It’s okay because one, I’ve already read the first three books in the series, and two, the first and second books are interchangeable, so you’ve really only had to read the first book to get the third (though, near the end, a character from the second shows up, so you should maybe read the second too.)

On the other hand, it sucks because the second is my favorite. It has angels going on benders and getting “Cherub” tattoos, and then having snarky conversations with other angels about how humans view cherubs as chubby little naked babies!

Bina
Bina

Roosh, and any man who’s able to relate to women easily.

Roosh, “relates to women easily”???

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Ahem. Yeah. Roosh. Relates to women easily. So easily that he’s not getting any either, and looks remarkably like a thinner version of Jordan Owen himself.

Speaking of Roosh, here’s an article that I’m sure he could use, if he could just bestir his lazy ass long enough to, you know, wipe it.

skiriki

LOL. I get cited as a tipster, right-winger MRAs try* to friend me elsewhere. Hilarious!

(*Operative word being “try”. As if.)

proxieme
proxieme

We are all going to enjoy this.

Word.

Let’s just hope they keep the cork on the fork.

theladyzombie

I’ve been snickering all day.

Also, here is the best response to The Sarkeesian Effect I’ve seen to date. He gives it the all gravity and respect it deserves, i.e. zero.

frances
frances

Saying you like Yoko Ono, David? You’re really drawing a line in the sand. That’s almost as bad as saying you like Courtney Love.

J. Schmidt
J. Schmidt

A BLOW, A VERY PALPABLE BLOW!

I love the redundancy, there. Replacing the metaphors with their literal meanings:

“This project will see fruition,” Aurini writes, “and it will be a [physically felt physical strike] against the Social Justice movement.”

opium4themasses

@theladyzombie Thanks for that video. I lose it when the guy talking starts laughing.

1 2 3