#gamergate antifeminism dark enlightenment drama kings empathy deficit entitled babies evil SJWs harassment hate imaginary oppression internet tough guy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny no girls allowed oppressed white men PUA reactionary bullshit straw feminists vox day

Vox Day on feminists: "Open up your hate and let it pour over them … until they fall silent."

Vox Day:  If you only knew the power of the Dark Side!
Vox Day: If you only knew the power of the Dark Side!

The Washington Post recently ran a piece by Michele Goldberg about feminist women who’ve basically been run off the internet by rape threats and death threats and endless harassment.

Reactionary fantasy author and racist shithead Vox Day (a.k.a Theadore Beale) couldn’t be more pleased. After posting several quotes from the WaPo article on his Vox Popoli blog, he did a little victory lap:

#GamerGate has them on the run. They can’t take the heat. What they call “harassment” and “abuse” is seldom anything more than free speech answering free speech.

Uh, not so much. No matter how far you stretch and mangle the definition of “Free Speech,” bomb threats and death threats and SWATting isn’t free speech.

But in Vox Day’s mind, apparently, it’s all good, because the barbarians are at the gate.

Open up your hate and let it pour over them.

Yep. He really did write that.

NOTE TO IDEOLOGUES: When you find yourself excitedly rhapsodizing about the power of hatred, there’s a pretty good chance that you’re the baddies.

Don’t think for even one nanosecond that they don’t deserve it every bit of the criticism, of the contempt, of the disdainful dismissal that overwhelms them. They are trying to destroy Western civilization. They are trying to destroy marriage and civil society. They are advocates of child murder. They are advocates of a philosophy that makes National Socialism look merciful and Communism practical and Fascism coherent by comparison. Do not hold back. Speak back twice as hard. Speak back until they fall silent.

I think poor Vox is spending too much of his time reading and writing terrible fantasy novels. He may think he’s rallying the troops like Churchill or, I dunno, Hitler, but all I can think of is this guy.

Oh, but he’s not done:

Women are particularly susceptible to shame. So shame them relentlessly. Shame those who agree with them. Mock their white knights who rush in to save them. Above all, dignify their views and voices with all the respect you would show to a particularly noxious fart in an elevator.

I think Vox has inadvertently given us a perfect description of himself.

Actually, I take that back. He’s more like a shart, a shitstain on humanity.

sparky
sparky

skiriki:

Sad news, sort of related: Leonard Nimoy, an important figure in sci-fi and also pro-feminist, has died. 🙁

Oh no! 🙁

sparky
sparky
Spindrift
Spindrift

Awh, not Nimoy! Why’d it have to be him? 🙁

dhag85

@kirbywarp

Whenever I read/hear “no man is an island”, I instantly think “except for the Isle of Man”. Am I the only one doing this, or is it common?

Spindrift
Spindrift

@dhag85

I thought that exact same thing!

Vanir (@Vanir85)

– skiriki

this… just became a very bad day

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie
NicolaLuna
NicolaLuna

I’ve had a long, hard week at work. I do not have the patience for VD’s dumbarsery right now. It’s time for a glass of wine for sure.

Does teaching my sons the importance of consent and the value of respect count as destroying society and marriage? If not, I’m not sure I’m feministing properly.

Vanir (@Vanir85)

– NicolaLuna

It does if you’re vox. His idea of western culture, civil society AND marriage, are all things that SHOULD be destroyed – and preferably forgotten (except maybe as a warning).

Who Knows (@ShiraMK)

“Open up your hate and let it pour over them”

Did he get that one line from a Disturbed song?

“There is no turning back now
You’ve woken up the demon in me
Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me”

bekabot

…but all I can think of is this guy.

…Nah. Syndrome is smart and resourceful and, most of all, Syndrome is a master of the wisecrack. Just think, Syndrome, when matched up against actual superfolk, not phantoms of his own imagination, almost managed to wipe ’em all out* (even though he himself had no special powers other than those of the intellect) all the while snarking away without so much as a pause for breath. Syndrome against Vox in a physical battle would leave not even wet spot behind and Syndrome against Vox in a Battle Verbal would reduce Vox to muteness for life. Vox would probably have to switch nicknames, which would suck for Vox. {pitying sigh}

I can’t see Vox and Syndrome as allies. Too much of a coolness differential.

*not that that’s a good thing

Nequam
Nequam

I get on Tumblr yesterday evening and everybody’s flipping their shit about some stupid dress.

Yeah, but today it’s all about NImoy’s passing. Frankly I’d rather see (and ignore) the business about the dress.

Falconer

@Nequam: Yes, O for the power to roll back the clock.

Sarah
Sarah

So Vox Day openly admits that goobergate is about harassment of women. I think that this blog post should be admissible evidence in a court of law, should this nastiness ever come to that (and it likely will).

Cyberwulf
Cyberwulf

What’s that Vox Day? You want the earth to open and pour lava over you? You can but pray, my dear.

Olli
Olli

Quoting people out of context. Why was I expecting anything else from you…

PopeRatzo

Every day, the moment he wakes up, Vox Day is wracked with pain over the fact that he will never, ever be John Scalzi. It’s eating him up inside. Bitter, angry man who will never be respected by his peers.

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

Gee, who peed in VD’s cornflakes this morning?

Whatsamatter, Teddy, your imaginary wife put the flaming sword in the dishwasher again?

sunnysombrera

@Lady Mondegreen Worse. She made him empty it and fill it again with dirty dishes.

Bina
Bina

FEMINISTS, FEAR THE WRATH OF BEALE!!! >thunderclap, evil laughter<

Am I the only one here who snurked at that Nazi reference, from a guy who IS one himself?

Also, GamerGate is dead, and the only ones left are those arguing over where to plant the corpse. Who's fallen silent, again?

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

@ Olli

Quoting people out of context. Why was I expecting anything else from you…

Oh great and wise one. Please bestow upon us with the correct context in which to evaluate this post. Let it be known that quoting literally all but two sentences of VD and linking back to the entire article he was responding to is insufficient context. Quoting verbatim is misrepresentation! MISANDRY!!

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Olli:

What’s the context, then? Nearly the whole article was reproduced verbatim, I read the original. What’s missing that makes this all ok?

Lea
Lea

Quoting people out of context. Why was I expecting anything else from you…

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaa!
*cough*
Out of context? Really?
*sputter*
…hahahahahahaaaa!

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse

I don’t think there’s enough context in the world to make Vox Day look reasonable.

childrenofthebroccoli
childrenofthebroccoli

You can’t just say “That was out of context”; you have to tell us the correct context that makes what he said not as bad, or we’re just going to laugh and ignore you.

isidore13
isidore13

It’s been said here before, but it’s obvious men in the manosphere don’t think words mean things. Olli saying ‘out of context’ like that guy in the comments section of the GQ article a few days ago who kept calling everyone sockpuppets.

sparky
sparky

I am just waiting with bated breath for Olli to provide the context that makes “pour your hate out on them” and “shame them relentlessly” reasonable, rational arguments.

Yep, that context can come out whenever it wants! Olli olli oxen free!

isidore13
isidore13

Sorry, I should have said ‘manospherians’ because the women in the manosphere also do not know how to word.

weirwoodtreehugger

I think manospherians just think context is one of those magic words. If they say it, the other person just automatically loses.

yamamanama
yamamanama

He’s a professional writer, if you mean that he actually started his own publishing company so he could publish garbage like “The dead goblin didn’t have any answers for him, and the gaping mouth gaping loosely open made it look about as stupid as Forex was feeling” and “The guide was very nearly as unfriendly as a dwarf too, the man who was presently calling himself Nicolas thought, vaguely annoyed at his inability to crack the man’s reserve.”

Lea
Lea

David really should do a misogynist story time for WHTM. He could preform dramatic readings of all the horrible fiction by JB, Paul Elam, Pox, and Doosh. Maybe he could make it pay per view or a live event? That would be a riot.

yamamanama
yamamanama

The sequel to A Throne of Bones will be 850 pages.

Bina
Bina

Jayzus. My kitty could eat a bowl of alphabet noodles and shit better prose than that.

ParadoxicalIntention

Olli | February 27, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Quoting people out of context. Why was I expecting anything else from you…

Screeched the manospherian: “Context!”

In what way would context make this sound in any way reasonable, hmm? He’s literally saying he wants people to harass and intimidate feminists and women so they’ll shut up.

Please, by all means, give us the proper context that makes this talk okay. Please give us the context to show us that maybe, just maybe, Vox Day isn’t a horrible shitstain on the human race who advocates for women to be intimidated, threatened, and harassed into silence. I want to believe that people like this don’t exist and somehow we’re taking this all out of context!

C’mon. (to borrow a phrase from Katz) Ollie Ollie Oxen Free~!

ParadoxicalIntention

Aw, the Italics Mammoth got me. (Is that a thing?)

Everything after “Context!” is not supposed to be italicized.

ParadoxicalIntention

yamamanama | February 27, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

They know they’re supervillains, right? I mean, this is pretty much the Emperor’s speech to Luke in Return of the Jedi. They know that, right?

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

@ ParadoxicalIntention

OMG that gif is perfect for that! I’m laughing so hard. I’m glad I don’t have to pee, cause… ya know.

M.
M.

… “The dead goblin didn’t have any answers for him, and the gaping mouth gaping loosely open made it look about as stupid as Forex was feeling” …

Wut. That’s not a real thing. Tell me that’s not a real thing.

*Googles*

… I need a drink.

Ooh, can we all join in with that? I have the most high-pitched voice I know; I think I’d be perfect. =P

If so, dibs on “Gaping gaper gaping gapely.”

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

THAT is Vox’s writing? This is the guy who got upset that he didn’t get some sort of award or something for his books? Oh for fucks sake…

ParadoxicalIntention

kirbywarp | February 28, 2015 at 1:02 am

He sounds exactly like that guy who got pissy because the Ess-Jay-Dubbyas kept him from winning that film award for his shitty RPG, manfantasy, women-can’t-do-shit-without-men, “git gud” bullshit.

Maybe “gaping mouth gaping open” is supposed to be a lexical ambiguity example sentence, like “Wouldn’t the sentence ‘I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign’ have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, as well as after Chips?”

sunnysombrera

@ yama

My brain. Stahp. Not done with my cup of coffee yet. I AM NOT CAFFEINED ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH VOX’S WRITING. *foetal position*

yamamanama
yamamanama

The amount of drugs you’ll need to deal with Vox’s writing is enough to kill you.

fromafar2013
fromafar2013

I’m starting to think Vox serves as a muse for birdsrightsactivist.

isidore13
isidore13

At least Birds’ Rights Activist makes some good points.

Bina
Bina

But a goblin’s mouth MUST gape loosely open, because it can’t gape tightly shut! LOGIC, yo! Don’t you people see that you are in the presence of an unheralded soooooper-jeenyus?