a voice for men antifeminism crackpottery creepy do you even lift drama kings entitled babies female beep boop gender policing imaginary oppression men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA not-quite-explicit threats post contains sarcasm rape culture reactionary bullshit shaming tactics twitter vaginas whores

Attila vs the Lynch Mob Cult Savages: A Case Study in Twitter "Activism"

Attila Vinczer: The Men's Rights Revolution Will Be Well-Hydrated
Attila Vinczer: The Men’s Rights Revolution Will Be Well-Hydrated

Today, the first in what will be an occasional series of posts on the Twitter activity — sorry, “activism” — of Men’s Rights Activists and other misbegotten misogynistic miscreants.

Sorry about the cheap alliteration at the end of the sentence there, but I’ve spent the last few hours reading  Tweets from Attila Vinczer (@Alvhun) and I guess his penchant for tacky rhetorical special effects has rubbed off on me a little.

Attila, the “Activism Director” for Men’s Rights hate site A Voice for Men, is an energetic Twitter “activist.” While not quite as hateful or vicious as his colleagues Dean Esmay or the now-banned Judgy Bitch (aka Janet Bloomfield), Attila has developed a Twitter style all his own, spewing forth minor masterpieces of overwrought incoherence that are the unintentional result of his attempts to pull off complicated literary maneuvers without a mastery of the basics. There is a kind of poetry to them.

I’ve written about Attila before; you may recall his not-altogether-successful attempts to dig up dirt on me. But I felt his Tweets deserved a more thorough examination. Enjoy!

As you read the following Tweets, keep in mind that this is not some anonymous rando spewing invective on the internet; this is the official “Activism Director” of AVFM, the most influential Men’s Rights site on the internet.

Attila is perhaps best known for “zingers” that are more befuddling than zingy:

atparasiticatallergies

attoiletAs this last Tweet hints, Attila has a bit of an obsession with the bowels:

atturd atturd2And a kind of horrified fascination with vaginas.

atvulvaIndeed, when another Twitterer accused him of having a “littledick,” he responded with posts suggesting that her clitoris is essentially an even littler dick.

attlittleattwat

He makes the “clit = small penis” equation a little more directly in this attack on the “MICROPENIS aka CLITORIS” of a feminist whose blog routinely skewers MRAs.

Attila’s contempt for women leaks out in Tweet after Tweet. Aside from calling women “twats” or “t-wats,” he is not shy about calling them “bitches” and “whores,” a trait he shares with many of his colleagues at AVFM.

atbitch2 atbitch

attwhoreHe seems to think that calling women “missy” is the sort of brilliant retort that ends arguments and wins people over to the Men’s Rights movement.

atmissyyWhen men challenge him, he tries to belittle them as insufficiently masculine.

attgirl

Attila, by contrast, sees himself as “all man,” and regularly boasts of his fighting prowess.

attrainingattrain2 attraain3 attrain3 attrain4

He must be quite a man! If you look at the dates of these Tweets you will see that he somehow managed to undergo two years of training between last September and this January. He hasn’t been able to keep up the pace, alas, and has somehow managed to lose a year of training in the last month.

He has this to say about Emma Sulkowicz, the Columbia University student who carried a mattress around campus as a way to bring attention to the school’s unwillingness to punish the fellow student she says raped her.

atmatressmistress

And he apparently thinks that Albert Einstein was a bit of an underachiever because he allowed women in his life.

atteslaFor someone who shares a first name with that of an infamous barbarian leader, Attila is quick to label his opponents “savages.”

atsavage atsav3atsav2Lately, Attila has been working diligently to introduce a new catchphrase. Can you guess what it is?

attlynchbig copy

This catchphrase, you may not exactly be shocked to learn, is not catching on; despite Attila’s enthusiastic promotional efforts, literally no one else on Twitter has picked it up.

Perhaps he will have better luck with these alternate spellings:

lyncmob lyncmob2 lumchmobNote: I plan to do a few upcoming case studies on several other AVFM staffers who are particularly energetic Twitter “activists,” as well as a couple of well-known PUAs. Please suggest any other Twitter heroes you think I should take a look at.

@sparky:

Has David heard about this?

No idea, I haven’t e-mailed him or anything. I found it by digging around on Atilla’s twitter feed; he had tweeted about JB’s blog post.

Holy shit, kirbywarp. I honestly didn’t think JB could any worse, but, holee shit. She basically calls herself a rapist, describes raping people, and is proud of it. And is all, “checkmate, feminists!” about it. What an awful human being.

I know. She apparently posted an anonymous thing on thoughtcatalogue, which I didn’t realize at first was her. The way it started, I thought it’d be from a repentant former-rapist who realized that what he did was wrong but was trying to explain his mindset behind it. I pretty soon realized that wasn’t the case.

And yes, I did assume it was a “he” until the big reveal at the end. But whereas JB was probably expecting me, as a feminist, to launch into justifications for how what she described wasn’t as bad as if it were a man doing the same thing, my only reaction was “oh, really? Better switch the pronouns in my head. ‘She’ is despicable, what sort of ‘woman’ would write this?”

One of the worst bits was that, in the thoughtcatalogue version, she explicitly talks about how consent can sometimes get murky when in a close relationship, and talks about taking advantage of that fact. She basically describes real, actual rape, uses the word “rape,” but the takeaway is supposed to be that “rape” is being applied too broadly. And she’s supposed to be an MRA that complains about how rape of men by women isn’t taken seriously, while writing an article that literally uses the “he really liked it so it couldn’t be rape” defense. Fuck.

@ikanreed:

No amount of martial arts training prepares you for all kinds of fights at all times. It’s exactly that kind of attitude from which mall ninjas are born.

I’m pretty sure the folks talking to him on twitter referenced that story. One person called him “Walter Mitty,” which I found hilarious after looking it up on wikipedia because I totally got that reference immediately.

Lea–Now I feel compelled to share some of the Game of Thrones house mottos my friend made up. Unfortunately I can’t remember all of them but here are some:

Greyjoy ‘We burst when we rise’
Stark ‘Complex braids increase fertility’
Lannister ‘Would you mind knocking first?’

Jennifer King
Jennifer King

See? Any random MRA who makes angry comments online can get a position as prestigious as Attila ‘The Killa’ Vinczer, an ‘Activism Director’. I’m not sure most of them wouldn’t be better for the job. Hell, any random Internet tough guy who brags about how they beat up the people who think Steven Seagal isn’t the world’s most lethal martial artist, because they have years of ‘serious training’, could lead their own human rights movement.

It’s a Cinderella story, if Cinderella was a bully who claimed she could beat up everyone from the safety of her home.

Lea

The man’s all beard and no chin.

Is that like all hat and no saddle?

Those games allowed me all the thrills of being slutty without actually being a slut.

That is some sad shit right there. She could rape and laugh about it but didn’t want to feel “slutty”. The whole thing is just…ugh.

She’s prompted me to wonder how often internalized misogyny influences women who rape and why it never occurred to me before.

I get the sense that some of them equate femininity with negatives because they’re lashing out against deeply personal attacks that they themselves have received.

I’m sure. All men get those messages. So do women. Someone once said it this way, “The same dog that bit them bit you and me.” to describe misogyny. These guys see everything as “deeply personal” though. It’s all about them, all day, every day.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

If he could boast some kind of belt or something other than time since he started it’d be less vague.

According to his not-at-all-braggy comments on this board, he won a Canadian Fitness Award of Excellence back in high school. 35 years later, he’s still mad that he didn’t get a patch:

Frank. Thank you for posting the award of excellence. That is exactly how I remember it to be. I attended Cardinal Newman High School in and around 1979 or 1980. I achieved the award of excellence, but they did not have a patch to give me. I am now demanding the school not only provide the patch, but the accompanying certificate. I am not sure if one was given in 79 or 80, that is a certificate.

Karen, if the school is not able to provide mine to me, I am going to have one produced. If that is the case please let me know and I will have one made for you as well.

You know what? I never got my Red Cross advanced swimmer’s pin at summer camp when I was 10, and it’s never once occurred to me to contact the camp and demand they produce it. #1 because it’s obnoxious to expect people who weren’t even born back then to move heaven and earth to dig up a vintage pin from three decades ago commemorating a test for which the records, if they ever existed, have long since been lost or destroyed because NO1CURR, and #2 once you learn how to swim, you don’t need a round piece of metal to confirm that.

He elaborates further:

I should have added that I was the only student that achieved excellence that year.

Johnny thanks for pointing out those facts. I truly remembered the award of excellence to have been gold with a square part on the bottom. I did not know that it also came with a certificate from the Premier of Ontario. I think for me this would have been in 1980 or 81. So that would have been William G. Davis. I recall doing the flex arm hang for three times the allotted time. My martial arts training is why I was so fit and the fact that I rode my bike everywhere and played outside every minute I could get including swimming and ice skating.whenever I go the chance.

He sure loves to work that into conversation every chance he gets. I think “my martial arts training” could be the new “DIRECTLY ON THE BEACH”.

Lea

Had our bio-kid been a son we planned to name him Galen. We were told over and over again that people would call him gay and make fun of him if we did that. My response was:

“My name is Lea and that sounds nothing like “dyke”. That didn’t stop kids from calling me that. He’ll live.”

Meanwhile, she turned out to be not so gender specific in her love life and if anyone calls her anything I pity them the savage (get it?) ear beating they’re gonna get.

Our culture punishes anyone who dares to step outside their prescribed role.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ kirbywarp

“One person called him “Walter Mitty,” ”

Over here in Blighty, as well as the general fantasist meaning, being a “Walt” is used specifically for people who lie about military service.

See here for instance:

Of course being a director at AVFM is about as prestigious as being a vice president in a marketing department.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Katz

“as prestigious as being a vice president in a marketing department.”

Oh great, I’ve just offered a friend that role. Hope she doesn’t read this site!

Lea

She calls every man and woman a rapist.

She has no idea what consent is or that free sexual exploration requires it.

Great Googly-Moogly, that is so fucked up.

Sorry — I just mean that it always seems like everyone in marketing is a vice president 😛

Bina
Bina

Is that like all hat and no saddle?

Or no cattle. Yup. >chews a grass stalk<

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Katz

” I just mean that it always seems like everyone in marketing is a vice president”

That’s right, because it’s the best job and therefore most sought after. No wonder people take pay cuts for the opportunity eh? 😉

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Kirbywarp
I’m so mad and disgusted that I want to cuss and I don’t like cussing. What is wrong with this woman!? How is she still in the mens rights movement!? She straight up admitted that she was a rapist, ‘loves and respects men’ my butt!

Bina
Bina

So much martial. So arts.

Oh, oh, “demanding”, is it? He’s a petulant little thing, ain’t he.

ej
ej

@Lea

She calls every man and woman a rapist.

She has no idea what consent is or that free sexual exploration requires it.

She really doesn’t understand consent. In the post on her blog, she mentions that she and one of her partners would have unplanned or unexpected sex by “mutual agreement,” aka, CONSENT. She may have been saying things like “I’m going to be late” at the time, but that was part of the experience for them and, most importantly, they agreed on those terms before the encounter. However, this description does not match the stories in the Thought Catalog piece.

Given JB’s history with lying, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the stories were “exaggerated.” What is described in the Thought Catalog piece is rape and if things did happen as she describes, then, yes, she is a rapist and a terrible person for violating someone else’s bodily autonomy.

Also, reading that, I’m not surprised that she spends time with the MRAs. She seems to have the same entitled mindset that they do.

Excuse me. I need to go take a shower and wash off the disgusting feeling left by that post.

Spindrift

“How is she still in the mens rights movement!?”

Well, we all know they don’t really care about male rape victims.

Lea

So much rage against adults spreading the idea that for sex to be fun, consent cannot be established.

Teens get so many shitty ideas about sex from ignorant and abusive adults and it screws them up and leads to horrible sexual experiences for every gender. So much of adult life is rough and it sucks to come of age and start realizing how much the adults you have been taught to trust and respect have fucked up the world for you. Discovering their sexuality should be a great part of growing up.

I’m including asexuals in that. “Hey, that’s me and how I am. Super cool!” should be how we get to feel about ourselves as we emerge into adulthood.

But middle age fucked up folks want to ruin that too. Argh.

I’m going to listen to Caustic Soda to cheer myself up.

magnesium

I like the one where he makes fun of someone for having allergies. Such wit!

I’d like #Lumchmob to be a thing.

Bina
Bina

I think “my martial arts training” could be the new “DIRECTLY ON THE BEACH”.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I wonder if he expects women to just collapse around his feet over that. Why else stress it to death like he does? Silly little man, not everyone is into jocks. Or should be.

I don’t like cussing

Don’t worry. I cuss enough for several people.

ej,
She doesn’t get it at all. I get that alot of kink has to do with exploring taboos and doing things that make you feel either shame in a safe way or sexual desire that boarders on what you have been taught is gluttony without shame. I do not get not understanding as an adult that those things happen with crystal clear consent.

This may or may not be a real Onstar call:

“But, I’ll be late”

“Do you want me to make you late?”

*enthusiastic sex*

Ta-da! Consent!

@fruitloopsie:

Kirbywarp

I hear you, besides not minding the occasional swear.

There are so many things going on here. One, I’m absolutely sure she would claim both pieces were a form of satire, and that she doesn’t actually consider what she’s done rape. She would claim that the people who call it actual rape are guilty of overusing the term, and/or don’t get satire.

But then, these are the folks who constantly bring up that one jezebel article about beating up boyfriends as if jezebel writers actually condoned domestic violence, so turning around and claiming the constant use of the word “rape” here is totally satire is pretty hollow.

And then, even if she doesn’t actually consider what she described rape, that means nothing because the whole point is that MRAs don’t understand what “rape” means. The fact that she believes she’s demonstrating how overused the term is just highlights her ignorance.

Everything about it is gross. Really, really gross.

Spindrift

“Don’t worry. I cuss enough for several people.”

You can cuss for me too, Lea! I’m not much of a cusser myself.

kirbywarp

Hell, even if the actual details of her real life made her not a rapist, her mentality towards sex does. Only thinking of yourself, being overly aggressive with getting sex and damn what the other person thinks or feels? How does she not see the inherent problems with this? How does this strike her as a healthy attitude, let alone the only way to be sexual?

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Warning Rant Ahead

MRAs: feminists are labeling everything as rape, they don’t care about male rape victims and labeling every man as a rapist!
JB: lol I’m a rapist you’re a rapist everyone is a rapist! I get decide what is rape!! Consent is not important! I raped a man! Lol Lol lol 🙂
MRAs: lol XD

F*** the hypercritical, lying and evil men’s rights movement! I wish I could send all those fuggets (f***+nuggets) to a f***ing planet with f***ing Legos everywhere so they could step on them all f***ing day long! This is one of the f***ing reasons why I call myself a f***ing feminist (wanting women to have rights and be treated like people) because I’m f***king sick of how society treats men! Society f***ing treats men like weapons, animals and jokes!

‘Well men are treated bad too so screw you feminists we are the ones who treat men with love and respect!’ But then society goes right back to f***ing bash them again!

I’m very truly sorry for my language and being violent and if I offended anyone again I am very truly sorry but I’m extremely angry right now and I feel like I’m going to explode so im just going to leave and watch some animal videos and pictures to calm myself down. BRB!

kirbywarp

For you, fruitloopsie, along with applause.

Spindrift

@fruitloopsie I wasn’t offended (except by the MRAs)

I do that same self censoring thing sometimes, think I must have picked it up trying to get around swearfilters in games.

Here’s a cute pangolin picture (if I don’t mess this up)

Moar baby turtles!

kirbywarp

I wish pangolins weren’t heavily trafficked or endangered, and were domesticated easily and made for great pets, because are so cool and look beautiful.

Spindrift

And here’s a baby sugar glider eating some apple!

Moggie
Moggie

Oh dear, that actually makes me feel a little sad for him. When someone in their fifties keeps bringing up their high school achievements, that suggests they’re disappointed in how their adult life turned out. The poor guy peaked in his teens, which may go some way to explaining why he still writes like an adolescent.

TW rape

When I was in college (I know. It’s hard to believe. My writing is craptacular. I have made peace with that.) I had a friend whose female dd didn’t care about his consent. I remember him going through not being able to name what happened to him, calling himself a slut and telling us a guy can’t be raped. He just didn’t want to and could not get away. He told no one else after telling a couple of us the day after. I saw how much he was hurt. I saw acceptance dawn on him. Fuck that rapist piece of shit. She stalked him all night. I realize that in retrospect because I was at the party she drove him home from. We were so new.

It isn’t funny when a man or boy is raped. It isn’t a “Gotcha”. Men and boys should be safe from sexual predators. Their consent matters. WTF is wrong with people who think otherwise?

TW over

This makes me love my high school beaus so much for being decent human beings, unlike JB.

Brain bleach!

We have snow here! By next week their will be Jonquils blooming in it. We’ve hardly had any all year. The dogs and kids have had a ball. The cats have enjoyed watching the bird feeders and even the teen and hubby got snow days. Good times.

Orion

Is there any reason to believe JB really IS the thoughtcatalog rapist? Sure, she claims to be, but there’s no evidence, and the writing doesn’t sound like her. Judgy lies all the time about everything and I can completely believes she’d lie about this. She’s trying to cash in on someone else’s notoriety.

Spindrift

Oh goddes, no! That’s one disturbing post.

Here’s a cuscus eating a banana

sparky
sparky

And some cute baby goats:

@spindrift:

Is… is that a giant cuscus or a tiny banana? I don’t know whether to be terrified or charmed.

@kirbywarp

Think it’s what’s left of a banana that was larger, though I could be wrong. Might be another sort of fruit entirely.

totallyalphadudebro
totallyalphadudebro

I’m pretty sure that “I’ve had 40-42 years of martial arts training” is the middle aged MRA equivalent of the old schoolyard taunt “I’m gonna get my dad to beat you up!”

Come to think of it, I seem to remember some classmates claiming they knew karate. Being elementary school their moves resembled karate about as much as a game of pat-a-cake.

Same mindset, though.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

That JB blog post, ironically, links to the post where she talks about making life a living hell for the “two little dickwads” who “threatened to rape” her daughter (actually, all they did was yell a taunt at her one day on the way home from school). She rants on and on about the boys (who are “racial minorities” because of course they are) and how she called the school principal and the police and got the parents involved and rained down every bit of privileged rich white privileged bitchy suburban tiger-mom privileged hell she could muster on the heads of these kids (because of course she did). And then some. She spends the entire blog post bullying them and tearing them to pieces in a deranged manner far out of proportion to what actually happened. Jesus, lady. Get a grip. Most of us hear far worse stuff ten times over by the time we’re in middle school.

What a fucked up, double standard-having POS she is. Rape is all cutesy fun and games until the merest whiff of it comes near her precious daughter and then she’s all RAWWR IMMA RUIN YOUR LIVES. It makes me wish someone would throw her own words back in her face. After all, those boys were just going after what they wanted! Because they’re strong and secure in their sexuality! Hey, it might even have resulted in a marriage proposal!

(Disclaimer, I’m honestly not meaning to poke fun at her daughter, who I’m sure was traumatized by the whole thing – it’s JB’s smarmy, smug-ass hypocrisy that’s the issue.)

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Thank you all for the videos, pictures and applause. I wanted my rant to go longer but I got too angry so I just stopped. Just saw the next post, went into ‘anger phase’ and went back to looking at animals again.

I wanted to post JB’s and Roosh’s article on exposing Mens rights activists on facebook but I’m too angry. I don’t want to look at them. MRAs/Antifeminists/puas don’t care about men/boys at all they are just weapons to score points against feminists because they absolutely HATE and DEGRADE women and girls and they are scared of them too.

I’m sorry I’m very angry I need hugs and kisses and I’m sending hugs and kisses to everyone.

Bina
Bina

Srsly, FUCK JUDGY BOZO.

Here, have more kitties.

Kestrel
Kestrel

Fruitloopies- Huge Internet hugs and kisses. I hope you feel better soon.

acrannymint
acrannymint

Saw the name Attila and was glad to realize it wasn’t Attila the Stockbroker (shameless plug for a guy I haven’t met but does a beer festival in England each year with someone I do know). I should have know that a guy who could do something like this would not be that Attila

Catalpa
Catalpa

The martial arts training claim just put me in mind of the Navy Seal Copypasta that’s been floating around online for ages now. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

It’s a completely ridiculous, overblown rant that’s been done up in all sorts of dramatic readings and other things, it’s pretty entertaining:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

What a shame attila is limited to only 140 characters, or maybe he could have created something to rival this masterpiece.

misseb47
misseb47

fruitloopsie

Here are some cute babies and kitties in the same video! Cuteness overload!!

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDdueeBf7MY&w=1280&h=750%5D

paradoxicalintent
paradoxicalintent

Ugh. Just…ugh. I couldn’t even make it through all those tweets. Pseudo-intellectual who demeans and sneers at everyone he meets and claims to know “martial arts” and feels the need to make purple prosy tweets with big words that make him sound smarter?

Ew.

The sad thing is, I’ve seen so many men like him. I still feel the urge to vomit every time.