4chan evil sexy ladies memesplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny princesses PUA pussyconomics rape rape culture rhymes with roosh

MEMESPLAINING: Women hate rape because it doesn't allow them to "monetize" their vaginas [TW, obviously]

Found on Roosh V's blog.
Found on Roosh V’s blog. Click for larger version.

If you have something terrible to say, say it with a meme!

That, at least, seems to be the consensus of some of the worst people on the internet. So I’m starting a little occasional series called “memesplaining” in which I’ll highlight some of the most nonsensical and/or horrific memes I run across on the internet. Today’s is both.

I found the lovely meme above pasted into the comments on the blog of everyone’s favorite rapey, racist “pickup artist” Roosh Valizadeh. I don’t know where it originated, but a quick image search reveals that it’s been making the rounds on 4chan and Reddit.

Here’s the text at a more readable size . I highlighted the worst bits, but then again pretty much the entire thing could be classified as “the worst bits.”

haterape1

And gosh, it turns out that whoever made this awful meme is as dismissive of the female rape of men as he is of the male rape of women.

haterape2

Somehow I imagine he’s not quite so keen on rape when men are raped by other men — even though by his logic it’s also “objectively … merely inserting an object into [his] body.”

I feel bad for the people who model for stock photos. I’m sure most of them have no idea that they’ll end up getting used to illustrate crap like this.

ParadoxicalIntention

Ah. Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system (I’m still struggling to keep my lunch, which I just finished, down), have some good brain bleach: A town in Bavaria trolling the fuck out of Neo Nazis and sponsoring them, so for every meter they marched, ten euros were donated to EXIT Deutschland, a group that helps people get out of radical right wing groups.

Tracy
Tracy

I recently monetized my vagina with Google Adwords, and now I make $2,386 a week working from home!

(will actually read the article now)

Tracy
Tracy

Read the article.

Joining the vomit party now. Holy fuck.

maghavan
maghavan

The most striking thing in all this to me, given the strong self-proclaimed “Libertarian” streak in the Men’s Rights movement, is it’s mind-boggling hypocrisy.

Point #1 explicitly states that “Rape Is Heist”, ie. theft.

To so-called “Libertarians”, Theft (ie. violation of private property rights) is the paramount sin/crime of all sins/crimes. It is their Uber-Crime from which all other crime flow. It’s not uncommon for “Libertarians” to describe other (greater) crimes as really just extreme forms of “theft”. So, Murder and Assault are crimes because they are violations of one’s rights to his/her property (ie the body). Why do they hate taxation? Because it’s theft. Why do they support IP laws? Because IP is property and using without permission is theft. It literally all boils down to theft. So, a naive person just might expect that one thing Libertarians would not mock someone for is objecting to being robbed.

But, of course, no. Here we have a bunch of people, which doubtlessly includes a large number of self-described “Libertarians” saying that outrage about rape is illegitimate because it’s just theft? As though it’s shameful or whiny to object to having someone take something of theirs without compensation?

Obviously like everyone else here I disagree with that underlying premise, but even if I accepted it the line of attack still fails because objecting to being robbed is not illegitimate.

Ridiculous.

weirwoodtreehugger

And they often call enforcing tax laws, which usually involves fines, wage garnishment and asset seizure rather than jail time violence. So a man being made to pay his taxes = violence and a woman being raped = not violence at all. It makes no sense.

Miss Andry

There are still some human beings who make me physically ill. Kudos to the creators of that meme, you’re truly repugnant.

Jason Neuman

I feel dirty just reading that, eww.

Argenti Aertheri

There is not enough nope.

Anywhere, ever.

The universe’s supply of nope has been exhausted.

Maggi
Maggi

This actually deserves a trigger warning… GOD, how can people be so incredibly horrible to other people? I´ll just never get it.

spacelawn

What in the shit….

Sarah
Sarah

Agree with Arctic Ape in that the “logic” seems to be that if an “average-looking-healthy” man wants to sleep with any woman, it should be their right (said woman having bodily autonomy is a whim though). There’s layers of disgusting in the assumption that not only men’s sexual desires trump women’s bodily autonomy, but that there’s a hierarchy of men that lack this god-given right, since the only “legitimate” reasons women should have any right to protest being raped were that their rapist is not attractive or healthy enough (and misogynists just love positioning themselves as “average” or “typical”).

Anyway, this is nauseating.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Now you know what “Rape Culture” means. It means we live in a society where pussy is cheap (or even free), pictures of female flesh are easily available, and men don’t treat women as princesses anymore as they did in all previous centuries

Because rape never, ever happened in any previous century, and all women throughout history were pampered and catered to and treated like royalty. Uh-huh.

This is a level of stupid that goes beyond “can barely remember to breathe” stupid and into “drowning in the rain from looking up with an open mouth” stupid.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Tracy

I sold ad space on the wall I recently hit. Cha-ching!

Nequam
Nequam

“drowning in the rain from looking up with an open mouth” stupid.

We should be so lucky.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

This is why I hate the old saw about incels just needing to go to a sex worker if they want to get laid so badly. Incels and pick up artists don’t want sex. They want to dominate and abuse and are a real threat to sex workers. Sexual frustration never was the root of misogyny.

All of this, and also, expecting sex workers to absorb these men’s violence so the rest of us don’t have to is pretty damn misogynistic.

“It’s just a thing in your body, no biggy”

Like if I said “no, I don’t want some water right now”, having it(just water) forced into my mouth would be terrifying, and possibly meet the criteria of torture.

Not to mention that, from what survivors have told me, it hurts. Do these assholes not realize that, or are they so lacking in empathy that they don’t realize women feel pain?

The fuck does a rapists looks have anything to do with it? I thought that according to MRA rape culture it’s women who get raped/not raped for their appearance?

I think it’s the “you wouldn’t call it harassment if he was hot” thing being applied to rape.

Argenti Aertheri

“I can think of literally no thing I’d find even remotely reasonable to have put into my body without my consent. Oxygen, maybe?”

Ah, a reasonable statement to respond to! Oxygen, and other things administered by health professionals while able to consent. Outside people trained to save lives doing so, nobody gets to put anything in anyone without consent (and even they don’t if they’ve been told not to)

Like, seriously, there’s no “reasonable people would consent”… ugh. That’s their problem — no reasonable person wouldn’t want their undeniable sexual prowess. My fruit smoothie just got a whole lot less delicious.

Bina
Bina

It’s kind of impressive that someone got so much fail into one little meme.

First rule of Menz Rightzer ragememes: Cram as much hateful, ugly stoopid into that thingie as you can possibly make to fit. Don’t waste a millimetre of space that could possibly be taken up with your own fail!

ktrantingredhead

Wow….50 Shades of Rape

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

On the topic of “libertarian” rape apologists… remember the professor who wondered why raping unconscious women was illegal? If you don’t, here’s a jog to your memory: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/04/03/steven_landsburg_rochester_professor_is_it_really_rape_if_the_victim_doesn.html

He set up this argument with two cases where person A objected to other people doing things to their own property without person A’s knowledge–i.e., an environmentalist objecting to someone drilling for oil on their own land.

By implication, a woman’s body belonged to her rapist, and she had no reason to object to him using it. *Vomits continuously*

Bina
Bina

Also, is “normal rape” any relation to Legitimate Rape™? Asking for…well, HUMANITY, I guess.

PS: Dude who made this can slip and fall bare-ass on all the Legos. If one of them should pop up his bum, I’ll just shrug and say it was objectively just one more thing inserted into his body.

Bina
Bina

(That last bit was sarcasm, BTW.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

If it’s all objectively just one thing being inserted into another thing, then why is Rapey McRape so frothingly angry about not being able to have sex wth women? Any old tube sock or cored apple ought to do.

Quiet Wolf
Quiet Wolf

How fucking entitled do you have to be to think that it’s okay to use someone’s physical being without their consent? People’s bodies aren’t public property or finders-keepers.
By this morally bankrupt and spiritually stunted reprobate’s logic, I should be able to give him dozens of paper-cuts all along his fingers and palms. I mean, hasn’t he gotten a paper-cut a hundred times before? Won’t they heal fairly quickly? What’s the lasting damage? Surely his discomfort shouldn’t deny me, a perfect stranger, use of his body! He should think about how awesome I’ll feel and suck it up!

And then I’d throw his car keys in a stone basin full of lemon juice.

Ugh. Someone give this creep a book on basic humanoid empathy.

schwadevivre

Joining the vom-fest

However “monetizing the pussy” sounds like something from “Bill, The Galactic Hero” where at one point Bill keeps his spare change in a rubber cat and every day the kitty got a little bigger.

cococoatimundi
cococoatimundi

Very young human children are solipsistic. They don’t understand others have different needs, desires and beliefs than themselves. Intellectually they get this, but they don’t approve of it because deep down they think the only legitimate wishes and desires are their own.

So basically, these guys are on par with toddlers in terms of moral and social development, perhaps because of poor socialization or because of their head biology.* To them, it would be just as reasonable to conclude that it’s selfish and evil of women to want to monopolize their bodies for their own purposes, as it would be to conclude that they are selfish and evil for wanting to control women’s bodies for their own purposes. They think that if their purposes are better than women’s, then they are morally in the right. And they’re very good at coming up with justifications for why their purposes are noble and why women are too frivolous to be trusted to manage the valuable resource that is their bodies.

As someone already pointed out, they fail at the most basic level of morality.

*I realize this may sound like ableism, but can I be absolved if I believe everyone is a result of their biology and environment even if they’re perfectly normal and well functioning in every aspect? I’m not excusing being a terrible person, I just think it’s caused by something (other than a choice made out of their free will to be a shithead) and therefore can be explained.

Argenti Aertheri

Handy dandy chart to determine whether your sexual assault was “valid” (clicky, you’ll approve)

lith
lith

I can’t even.
Holy shit.
That’s … appalling, at every level.

But as a white male he’s got a very good chance of never being raped and has no fucking empathy whatsoever. And that makes other people’s suffering not an issue, so he’s in the clear, right?/sarcasm

ParadoxicalIntention

Speaking of sexual assault and rape, anyone else planning on helping boycott 50 Shades of Grey this weekend?

ej
ej

@ParadoxicalIntention
I’m not planning on going to any organized events, but I’m certainly not going to see the movie.

On that I note, I just saw a former coworker post about how much she liked the film on Facebook. It’s the first post I’ve seen that praises the film and I’m really disappointed by it.

Lea
Lea

I don’t know if it’s a boycott. I just do not want to see that.

Cavalluccio Marino
Cavalluccio Marino

@Misha

For a while it was considered the ‘cool’ thing to say, especially when I was at uni and working in student bars. For all I know it still is. (TW for yuck ahead). Saying “I completely raped that” after downing a pint or, again, “I raped their facebook status”.

And then if you challenge it you’re the one given considerable side-eye for being the language police or way-over-the-top PC. “Just joking, gawd”.

(TW for more yuck)
A friend at uni said something about how an Italian test was going to rape him. I said something along the lines of “Please use a different word”; I didn’t have the mental energy to explain why it was wrong. (Upon reflection, I think I should’ve put a TW on my previous post. Apologies, folks, I’ll be more considerate in future.)

I once briefly mentioned the wrongness of trivializing rape in passing while commenting on a friend’s Facebook status…My word, the trolling rolled in immediately. Granted, that particular thread may not have been the best place to raise such a topic (since it was about religion in metal music), but I don’t think I deserved to get a bucket of hatorade poured on my head.

Christina Nordlander

@teiresias: Well said. Even if you hypothetically agreed with the (stupid and vile) premise that rape is no worse than theft, theft is still morally wrong and a crime.

Also, I haven’t been treated like a princess since I was six. I have, very rarely, had people mollycoddling me, possibly because of my gender (for example, wondered whether I was able to carry heavy things), and it’s always disturbed me. I’m not a weak, fragile little thing.

Well, I wouldn’t watch “Fifty Shades of Grey” to save my life, but I don’t know whether there’s any kind of boycotting event where I live. I’m thinking of donating the ticket price to a domestic abuse charity, if I can find the money.

Misha
Misha

Also purchasing a one-way ticket on the Nope Train when it comes to Fifty Shades Of Boundary Violations.

Nope.

ktrantingredhead

I guess that’s why altar boys raped by priests are sad too…..because they can’t monetize their buttholes…..and how sad to not be able to monetize your butthole at such a young age…….If this doesn’t PROVE men’s entitlement to women’s bodies, I don’t know what does.

ktrantingredhead

My other favorite is that these prickfaces all believe that once upon a time, rape didn’t exist because women were ok with whomever wanted to fuck them doing so with or without her consent….and they’d know because they all have their B.S. in Global Vaginomics.

ktrantingredhead

Not to mention, they only think hot women exist. If an ugly or fat woman raped a man, they’d want her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

But as a white male he’s got a very good chance of never being raped

Does being non-white put men at higher risk of rape? I wasn’t aware it was racialized for men the way it is for women.

anyone else planning on helping boycott 50 Shades of Grey this weekend?

Obligatory 50 Dollars Not 50 Shades linkspam.

sunnysombrera

krantingredhead : Or good old EVO PSYCH! They try to argue that back in cavemen days men raped to make sure their genes survived and the women just lay there and took it because they couldn’t fight them off, then learnt to enjoy it apparently (bleargh). Except that science says in the animal kingdom, among species that reproduce via rape, the females naturally evolve anti-rape defences to make it harder for the male to succeed.

Also science says that we weren’t and still aren’t a species that reproduce via forced sex. So yeah, there is zero evo psych or biology to support the idea of “natural” rape.

ktrantingredhead

-goes into anaphylaxis-
Sorry, sorry, I’m allergic to evo psych….though it makes sense….cavemen didn’t wipe their asses and they whine that they have to in order to get women…..

Not to mention, in caveman days, women had as much sex as they wanted with whomever they wanted so they would have been “sluts.” Thus negating the whole premise…..blargh!

-sings-
People all over the blog
Join hands
Start a barf train
Barf train

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@ktrantingredhead “B.S.” being the operative word, there.

I’m staying away from 50 Shades of Grey with a ten-foot pole.

sunnysombrera

Huh. I thought that humanity has always been monogamous (ish). Apparently we weren’t when still connected to chimps in evolution, but did develop monogamous bonds to stop males killing a rivals offspring.

So yeah, for a long time (before the homo sapien stage I think) people did pair up. According to MRA anthropology the rapists back then raped because the uppity wimminz didn’t choose them. So why are they complaining about not being picked in modern times? It’s nature, dudes!

ktrantingredhead

@Buttercup, I call it 50 Shades of Rape….and I’m staying away as well

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@ktrantingredhead If you miss only one movie this year, make it that one.

So, from an evolutionary standpoint, whose offspring are more likely to survive to maturity: the selfish, urge-driven jerk who grabs what he wants by force and then takes off, sticking his unwilling (and traumatized and possibly battered) victim with the high costs of forming and raising babby on her own? Or the socially aware, protective guy who hangs around and, yes, treats his partner like a “princess”? (The more I look at that meme, the more I realize “princess” is asshole-speak for “a normal relationship in which caring partners exchange compliments and gifts and adoration and cuddles” because love, what is it and how does it work.)

Despite what these guys believe, “survival of the fittest” doesn’t end with sex. It begins there. Nature doesn’t give two turds in a tornado about notch count. It only cares how many offspring make it to maturity (and can find a partner of their own to reproduce with). Rape just isn’t a viable strategy. Even someone who’s too selfish and morally stunted to tell right from wrong ought to be able to understand that concept.

genedaniell3
genedaniell3

“I’m staying away from 50 Shades of Grey with a ten-foot pole.”

Only ten feet? Any pole that would be long enough would be too heavy for me to loft.

NonServiam

Well, reading that was the perfect cap to a shitty day. I want out of reality, it’s clearly a clusterfuck of titanic proportions.

Excuse my language.

Argenti Aertheri

NonServiam — your language? Around here? Telling these assholes to fuck off is fine, they deserve it!

GrumpyOldMan

This meme seems to be mostly a manifestation of the “battle of the sexes” view of gender relations with Randian overtones — in which everything is seen as an economic transaction. In this view sex is a thing that women have and men want, and everything is about negotiating the “price”. If you look closely at the MGTOW thing, it can be seen as a negotiating ploy to reduce the “price” of sex by threatening that if women want too much, the men will say to hell with it and go their own way. Of course they won’t actually go — it’s just a ploy. Men who think that way — who tend to have little interest in the emotional content of sex — tend to project their views on women and to look at accusations of rape as merely another negotiating ploy to increase the “price”: of sex. (Few men are crass enough to openly claim that the “price” should be actual money — most would claim that “princess treatment” (very rare outside of fairy tales) as the “price” women want.)
In this view sex is something women use to manipulate men, rewarding them for being good boys and withholding it when they are insufficiently attentive to the woman’s desires. Men, on the other hand, scheme how to get it at the least cost in “princess treatment”..Ultimately it’s a pretty sad and arid view of sex. I once went over to the MGTOW site, which mainly consists of grousing about how women want too much for sex, but I was amused/appalled by one guy’s view of an ideal relationship. His girlfriend would have her own place to live, job, income, etc. and he would go visit when he wanted sex. She would not ever ask him to help her with any manly stuff at her place, and he would reciprocate. (Of course implicitly she would take care of the birth control and he would probably expect her to make him a sammitch or two when he visited.) I’m not sure there is a (real) ideal woman for him.
By the way, I have a small package of Nope that I found when cleaning out my grandmother’s place. I was thinking of putting it on eBay but if anyone here needs it —

sunnysombrera

If you can include a packet of Fuck This I’m Out then I’ll buy that box of Nope from you, GOM.

emilygoddess - MOD
emilygoddess - MOD

@Buttercup, yeah, the “spread your seed far and wide” thing could make sense in a species whose reproductive strategy was to produce as many offspring as possible and hope some of them make it (think frogs and fish). But given how we literally spend years gestating our young and raising them to maturity, it seems safe to say we as a species have opted for quality over quantity. In which case, as you said, rape-and-run is not going to be the best reproductive strategy.

There’s also the fact that rates of rape are not consistent across cultures. In fact, it correlates strongly with overall oppression of women (will cite when I get home). But a PUA would probably write off those low-rape, more egalitarian cultures as primitive or feminized, so…

sunnysombrera

Good point Emily. Species that produce only one or two offspring every couple years (for example elephants, whales or bears) tend not to have any natural predators like fish, rodents and insects do, so they don’t need to make up for high risk statistics with more babies. So you see longer gestation periods and a longer time frame in rearing the young. They’re not popped out and abandoned with a fingers crossed, they’re nurtured to survive. So it makes sense that instead of taking in the sperm of whichever male rapes them, they choose their partners with the thought of “does this fella have the genes that will make my baby strong?” Which is often why you have herds of animals impregnated by the alpha – he’s proven his genetic strength in a fight.

But I digress, and I’m starting to sound like a PUA with this dominant alpha stuff. That’s for animals. People select partners based on personality, not who won what in a fight (but on that point, notice that male animals trying to be alpha are usually only aggressive towards other males, not females. Checkmate PUA douchebags).

Speaking of animals, sorry for the teal deer that turned into.