evil sexy ladies gloating hypergamy men who really shouldn't be making movies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys patronizing as heck post contains jokes post contains sarcasm reactionary bullshit red pill

New Red Pill film masterpiece offers devastating criticism of women who grow old

Good news, everyone! Another Red Piller has made another terrible short film!

“Naughty Nomad,” a Red Pill travel writer who claims to be known as “The Indiana Jones of Pussy,” has produced a not-quite nine-minute film called I Can Do Better. As he explains it on his website, the little drama “explores themes like hypergamy, female entitlement and spinsterhood.” So if you’re into all that you are in luck!

I don’t want to spoil anything, but rest assured that in the film an old woman apparently sort of regrets rejecting some dudes back when she was younger.

The film isn’t as technically, er, challenged as Davis Aurini’s masterpiece Lust in the Time of Heartache, nor does it include any play-fighting ninjas in fedoras and ill-fitting suits. But it makes up for these deficiencies with some awesomely inept acting — and a script that seems to have come straight from the Red Pill subreddit.

In the film, set in the present day, a young woman named Sonia with an assortment of hair styles rejects a succession of suitors, declaring each time that she could “do better.” (Evidently she is supposed to be aging, as everyone knows that young women with shoulder-length black hair eventually mature into women with long blonde hair.)

In the final scene, also seemingly set in the present day, Sonia has suddenly been transformed into an old woman. But she’s up to her old tricks, rejecting a similarly old suitor because she still thinks she can “do better.” At least that’s what she tells her son and his family, who are waiting in her apartment to drink coffee and eat cookies with her.

But then they suddenly vanish. See, they were imaginary, because no woman who rejects dudes that other people think they should be grateful to date can ever hope to have children.

Apparently this is supposed to be a sad ending, at least for her, even though she gets to eat all of the cookies herself.

There is also a Russian version of the film, in case you were wondering, “hey, is there a Russian version of this film?” Though I’m not sure why you would be wondering that, frankly.

H/T — TheBluePill subreddit

howlcat
howlcat

[…] even though she gets to eat all of the cookies herself.

So funny 🙂

ScarlettAthena

One thing I don’t get is why these people are so obsessed with telling other people how to live their lives. Worse, why some people obsess about whole groups of people like WOMEN! as if they constituted monoliths instead of a heterogenous entities made up of individuals who span a spectrum of whatever quality, interest, focus, etc.

Why don’t they just focus on getting their own life together?!! If their life is together, why don’t they just enjoy it?!!

There are times I focus on other people’s behavior, but it is at the individual level to people who have a direct effect on me, like some controlling idiot at work or a stupid neighbor creating a problem on my street. Then, I consider the individual and how to handle it.

I don’t obsess about “those people” (whatever category “those people” are – like coworkers or neighbors, lol).

I know it’s been said elsewhere on this site, but I feel it needs to be said again: these dudes should focus on getting their situation in order, asking themselves why they have the problems they do, doing some self-evaluation about why their lives are working. Stop telling WOMEN! how they are supposed to act as if you know what you’re talking about.

/rantoff

@weirwoodtreehugger:

Well, these dudes only ever talk to young assholes who think older women are icky, or older assholes who want to prey on the inexperienced. No wonder they think women “hit the wall” while thinking men get more and more awesome with age.

@sparky

Why do they think “You’re not going to end up tied down to the some douchebag asshole or someone you’re just not compatible with” is some kind of horrible threat to a woman’s well-being?

Literally the entire exercise is founded on the “biological ticking clock” that women have been exposed to since they were children. In fact, the “you can do better” (when not a self-esteem booster after getting out of an abusive relationship) and the “you-go-girlism” this guy opposes is pretty much a reaction to that narrative.

Society: “If you don’t settle for a man soon, you’ll be old and sad and alone forever.”
Women: “Screw that, I’m not going to settle for a miserable relationship to avoid some other misery. Who says being unmarried will be miserable, anyway?”
This guy: “Ah, but there’s a flaw with your reasoning. If you don’t settle for a man soon, you’ll be old and sad and alone forever.”

The only difference is that this guy is repeating the societal message in the vague hope that he’ll get laid more if women are afraid of ending up alone. Which is extremely odd considering he’s a sex tourist that thrives on one-night-stands and short-term relationships with no intentions to settle down.

ceebarks
ceebarks

My parents divorced when I was 22. My mom never wants to remarry. She likes living alone and living for herself only. My dad on the other hand, started dating immediately and now has a fiancee whom he lives with.

Similar here. My mom says she’d remarry… IF he was rich, gave her all his money, didn’t try to interfere with her family, and went home before dinner every day. haha

My dad did marry someone a lot younger, but at a major price– other family members say she’s a pill addict with a lot of other confounding physical, emotional and familial issues. She needs him to support her addictions and keep a roof over her head. He needs her so he has someone to control, as pretty much everyone else he’s close to has hit the escape hatch, after being squeezed too hard, one too many times. She doesn’t work or do much household maintenance, either, apparently, so things are always falling down around their ears despite the fact that he makes what should be a decent middle-class income, even for a family– IF they were halfway competent and responsible.

But they’re not, so… chaos, squalor, et cetera.

I think my mom was pretty jealous at first, though she protested to the contrary– Wife #2 used to be The Other Woman, so it was understandable– but as time marches on, the spectacle has gotten too transparently pitiful for envy. Yeah, he’s gotten a much younger woman who blows all kinds of hot air about how wonderful he is in public… but he’s paying for it.

Film Runner

I’d rather watch Aurini’s magnum opus than this again. That film, despite stroke-inducing writing and editing, was occasionally hilarious and had that weird vibe of an idiot who can’t quite comprehend he’s not the smartest guy in the room (see also Guy Richie’s Revolver).

I Can Do Better (and as far as I can tell she easily could, with the guys on display here) is mostly just boring. It has that Birdemic feel of the actors not actually comprehending why their characters are saying their lines, but the editing is either so fucking slack I started getting American Sniper flashbacks (so I assume it’ll be up for Oscars next year), or seemingly random during the conversation scenes.

Feminista_Throwaway

@ceebarks

The kids I know that are always at Mum and Dad’s place seem to think it’s a hotel, babysitting service or a bank. When my kids leave, I won’t be dreaming of them coming back to talk to me about a man – I’ll be thinking ALONE! FINALLY ALONE! and never wearing clothes past the front door again.

And if I got divorced (unlikely after 20 years) my poor husband would probably be heartbroken and more lonely than I would be. I mean, that’s how the manosphere gets recruits – all those men deeply unhappy about the women they don’t have, or the women they had that left. If it affected women the same way, surely we’d have our own forums where we talked about how men are the most responsible teenagers in the house, and urge them to marry the first woman that comes along. But it doesn’t exist, because it’s men who need women to be vulnerable to (because other men might make fun of them).

Aura

Wouldn’t the “Indiana Jones of Pussy” basically be like a rapist? I love to nostalgia watch me some Indy but Dude was all about wrecking historic sites to steal artifacts and bring them back to his museum in another country.

bluecat
bluecat

Just speaking personally here, there’s nobody I regret turning down, though there’s at least one I regret NOT turning down.

And, yeah, I’m getting old. With a lovely man (and cats).

ceebarks
ceebarks

ha!

Yeah, I’ve seen the Mom/Dad as 24/7 drop-in daycare/hotel/ATM thing, too. So unhealthy. I guess it can be hard to get that dance of interdependence right. Personally, probably like most people, I’m hoping for something between booting them out at 18 and never seeing or hearing from them again, and being the unpaid nanny/landlady/loan officer til the day I die.

My own family leans pretty hard toward the “independence uber alles” mindset, for a lot of reasons. But I know some that lean more toward something that sometimes strikes me as a lot more… entwined. Usually in a positive way, but sometimes in a way that makes me wince a little when observing it. People with a lot of energy and good hearts can get themselves into some complicated family situations that aren’t necessarily sustainable, but others come to rely on them, so it feels bad to divest themselves of their extra duties and risk hurting the relationship, even though they’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty for years, etc…

At some level, you’d hope that the folks relying on these givers would kind of monitor the situation and sense that it’s becoming strained w/o having to be told explicitly that they’re overstepping. But it isn’t reasonable to expect people to be mind-readers, either.

So yeah, it’s complicated, but I guess that’s what boundaries are about. 😀

mistressoflarry

I want to know why he thinks old people are alone unless they have family?

A friend’s mom is over 90 and after visiting with her children and grand-kids one time she was all, “Well, you can leave at any time, but I have polka at 5pm tonight. So, see ya!” I hear she dances up a storm. 🙂

Indiana Jones of Pussy

Translation: Fears women due to the known death traps in their vaginas. Dares to go there because of the tiny golden statues hidden inside.

alaisvex
alaisvex

I wonder if these guys have ever been in a relationship with someone who did not meet their standards in some major ways. Maybe they just weren’t very attracted to her. Maybe she had values that were vastly different from theirs. Maybe she wasn’t doing the things that he wanted from a relationship. I’ve dated a guy like that before. It lasted for a while, actually. He wasn’t a bad guy. He just was not right for me, and marrying him would have been a mistake. Marriage and relationships aren’t a goal that you have to meet, no matter whom you choose. It’s the person whom you should want, not the label or the institution.

Of course, I realize that these guys have likely been in dissatisfying relationships with women because they just wanted to date someone, and they are probably happy now that they didn’t marry those women. They’re just incapable of emphasizing with women who’ve gone through the same thing.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Just for the record, I’m one of those middle-aged fossils, and I can tell you how the film ends:

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

1. Rosebud is the name of my cat.
2. I can see irritating people.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Much better to be single than shackled to a douche bag. Much better to be childless than expose my children to an awful, awful father. Your threats are pretty pathetic.

Feminista_Throwaway

@ceebarks

I’d lost both of my parents by 23, but before they died, I saw them weekly. My Dad told me he looked forward to me moving out (as the baby) because then he could “hang my dick from a light fitting if I wanted”. Most parents do want to be alone at some time – we’re not just Mummies and Daddies – we had a life before and without our kids.

These red pillers seem to think the only thing we women have to do to occupy us is children, and most of us have careers and hobbies. It’s not as if as single women we had nothing to do prior to children. And frankly, I would hate to limit my scope only to babies. Cats are much better – they can be cuddled, but also don’t impale themselves on the nearest pair of scissors on the coffee table.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

And apparently, you develop the magical ability to post in the midst of a comment.

alaisvex
alaisvex

Exactly! Much better to be unmarried forever than married to someone whom you despise or even just being stuck sharing your life someone whom you do not love.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Where I was heading, while WP was busy going POST POST POSTITY POST! on my above comments, was that it’s pretty arrogant of this guy to think women’s lives are going to exactly follow his script, and that he can predict how it’s all going to turn out. This isn’t the butterfly effect – just because you reject a few guys in college, it doesn’t follow that you’re going to find yourself in an empty apartment, knitting afghans in front of Golden Girl reruns at 57. Similarly, agreeing to let a hateful assfedora stick his dick in you at 22 isn’t going to turn your life into unicorns and rainbows. More likely, the exact opposite.

kirbywarp

I am so shocked that men who apparently build their entire lives around sex and dating think that a woman who does not eventually settle down must be living an empty life. So very shocked.

Seriously though, there should be an acronym for this sort of thing. YACOP? Yet Another Case Of Projection?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@ceebarks

Me too. The dirty little secret of parenthood is that, no matter how much you might want and adore and love your kids, no matter how much you love every sticky, silly, jammy, huggy moment with them, there’s a part of you that misses your single life very much and can’t wait to get that independence back again. That’s heresy to the guys who fantasize about having a woman orbit around them, and only them, forever.

grumpycatisagirl
grumpycatisagirl

So that first guy with the guitar on his back is apparently the filmmaker himself.

And when Sonia’s friend comes up to Sonia and talks about how awesome he is and how many girls are into him, I wonder if there is going to be a companion film exploring *his* hypergamy and entitlement and spinsterhood or whatever. Because after all, he could have any of them but maybe they are too short or too old or not bad enough at acting??

How many cookies is *he* going get when he’s old?

Fen
Fen

Honestly, this isn’t even convincing? Like, seriously? “Oh no the poor old lady never settled down and now lives in a nice flat eating cookies and she’s got a nice casual male friendly neighbour”…like…seriously, that’s not the nightmare these redpillers think it is.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Wouldn’t being the “Indiana Jones of Pussy” basically make him Marcus Brody’s procurer?
Is Sallah his wingman? Are women constantly leaving him for Belloq? Or would he be shocked to be cock blocked by Belloq? When he snapped his Staff of Ra, did it hurt? Herpes! Why did it have to be herpes?

(Can’t bring myself to watch the video, so making my own entertainment).

Kimakhya
Kimakhya

This tired old horsepucky wasn’t new back in 1863 when Stephen Foster was writing songs about it: http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/stephen-foster/014880.HTM

1. A lady tossed her curls
At all who came to woo;
She laughed to scorn the vows,
From hearts though false or true,
While merily she sang;
And cared all day for naught,
There are plenty of fish in the sea
As good as ever were caught.

2. Upon their lightning wings
The merry years did glide,
A careless life she led,
And was not yet a bride;
Still as of old she sang
Though few to win her sought.
There are plenty of fish in the sea
As good as ever were caught.

3. At length the lady grew
Exceedingly alarmed,
For beaux had grown quite shy
Her face no longer charmed.
And now she sadly sings
The lesson time has taught,
There are plenty of fish in the sea
As good as ever were caught.

contrapangloss

@Sir B.R. III

“Herpes, why did it have to be Herpes!”

I laughed, because herpetology is legit the study of amphibians and reptiles, so that’s kind of puntastic! In addition to kind of relevant.

Thanks, good sir. Genius!

@Kimakhya:

I can’t wait for that one guy to “translate” that song into modern vernacular, complete with random tangents into false rape accusations and outdated yet relatively modern awkward references.

But yeah, in the land of misogyny there is nothing new under the sun.

scalyllama

O/T @ James Yakura

If I may paraphrase someone on the Skepchick network: “dude, if I wanted to hear people brag about how often they get laid, I’d listen to the Catalog Aria.”

OMG! That made me laugh 😀

Have you seen Bryn Terfel’s 1997 performance where he’s hitting on Donna Elvira? (Non-opera peeps – The Catalogue Aria is a catalog of Don Giovanni’s conquests sung by his servant, Leporello, to Donna Elvira, who was seduced and abandoned by the Don.)

I can’t help but feel the PUAs could learn something about polish and refinement from the Don. And, well, he gets pulled down to hell by his father at the end. I can’t think of many more deserving groups of people.

Here’s the creepy, but beautifully sung, Terfel’s version. 🙂

taitaisanchez

If this is how these toolbags communicate with women, much less other people it’s no wonder they’ve got problems and blame women for all of their troubles.

sheesh. I don’t get it.

Maybe this woman does die alone. Big deal, that’s on her. Don’t shame her into a loveless sexless marriage with someone she’s not into.

scalyllama

* Clarification: pulled down to hell by the graveyard statue of the Commendatore, father of one of his “conquests”, Donna Anna.

Who says opera isn’t fun!

Kakanian
Kakanian

“Naughty Nomad,” a Red Pill travel writer who claims to be known as “The Indiana Jones of Pussy,” So he works for a museum that displays …cats?
He goes around asking old ladies to get on this pedestal?
He is a curator for those pocket vaginas?

Spindrift
Spindrift

Yeah, opera’s a hoot. Don Giovanni is one of my favorite mozart works.
Always nice to see the PUA get his comeuppance.

Argenti Aertheri

*notes thread, looks around room* well, it’s too bad the latest lover didn’t work out, because trying to translate Don Giovanni while it was sung to me was always fun, but hey, friends > incompatible lovers. And, from left to right:

Nivi the axolotl — should live another decade, or more.
Lots o’ fish — some will only live a few years, some could live a decade (or more, anyone know of any captive clown loaches that have died from something besides illness or a dead filter/equipment? Cuz I don’t)
Darwin the tortoise — half a century, easy, could have another 70+ years in him

I’m gonna very probably be outlived by my tortoise, and a fair number of the rest might see my 40th birthday. Somehow, turning 30 this summer, unmarried, just doesn’t seem so bad! And if I ever have the urge, and money, to travel, I’m sure I could find someone to drag along! (Pripyat is so on the list, and I’m taking pecunium to translate.)

Oh and guess who gets all the cookies? Whomever I call to come get some when I accidentally bake 3 dozen!

Soup or Man?
Soup or Man?

How many of these guys have ditched a woman because they won’t “put out” quickly enough or have cellulite or some equally shallow shit?

Guy #1 is actually pretty tall, it looks like.

Guy#2 DOES seem boring, and also seems like a doormat. If you don’t want to buy those two women drinks…then don’t…..

Guy #3….I’m sure the “you are too old” statement would have come about well before a year of dating the person.

The woman in this “film” also seems to have some serious depression issues that she should take care of before worrying about dating…

Oh. And David. A woman with short black hair can become a woman with long, blond hair. It’s called cutting and dyeing. Just a though 😛

freemage

Sorry–no ninjas means I can’t be bothered.

kirbywarp

Huh. So now I’ve watched the short with sound.

The acting… is pretty bad, and the voices are kinda obviously dubbed and out of sync. I could deal with them pretty easily as long as I imagined Sonya as a female Tommy Wiseau.

The whole repeating “I can do better” thing felt more forced with every scene. With the first two, she was saying it to her friend. Ok, that sorta kinda can work. The third time though, she says it to the guy who proposed to her. Who… who does that?

The dialogue was terrible. Particularly bad were the people Sonya was talking to about “doing better”; it’s like they had red pillers operating them like a puppet (which they pretty much did). The first scene is hilarious knowing that the film-maker was the dude. “How could you not want to date him? He’s strong and kind and buys puppies for orphans and has women lined up around the block wanting to be with him!”

The ending? I skimmed it the first time and watched it without sound, so watching it for real turned out so much more bizarre than I thought it would. She goes and hugs her grandchild and son and his wife, they chat good-naturedly about her love life, she doesn’t want to get serious, and then… they just fade out? And she’s served imaginary people drinks and cookies? What?

Ok, past the surface reactions. I have an extremely strong suspension of belief, so once I put the bad acting and bad writing into the “The Room”-bad bin in my brain, I started seeing the characters as actual people interacting. I started seeing Sonya as a woman that was afraid of commitment, rather than a woman that was arrogant or picky. Her expression during the proposal scene was almost one of horror, and the way she was rejecting each guy was with really stereotypical things (“he’s too short/too boring/too old/too poor?”). It definitely wasn’t a portrayal of a woman too confident in herself to settle second best; especially at the end, her body language was steeped in insecurity.

Yes, this was a short made with an agenda. Maybe the guy wanted to show that all women who don’t get married when they’re young inevitably break down mentally as well as physically, but I just couldn’t get that message from the movie itself. I saw a particular woman interacting, with no grand moral about all women or message except pity at her situation. The “I can do better line” was so forced that my brain just ignored it, or treated it as another example of an excuse Sonya was using to avoid relationships that she really did want.

“Lust in the Time of Heartache” was so over-the-top goofy that I couldn’t take anything in it seriously. This one actually came close to portraying flawed people interacting with each other, albeit in a superficial Soap Opera way. (I had to laugh at the proposal guy. “You’re too old.” “:O… But I could give you anything you want! You are tearing me apart Sonya!”)

The result was something I interpreted in a very different way that just reinforces to me how alien the redpiller mindset is. I’m sure where I saw flawed and struggling human beings and an increasingly insecure and lonely woman, redpillers saw betas and gammas getting trod upon by a wicked feminist harpy that got her just deserts.

*boggles*

Walter
Walter

As a man, I don’t see why you’d want a woman to settle for you because she can’t do any better. Don’t you want someone who wants you?

kirbywarp

Guy #2 made me really uneasy for some reason. He seemed the most like a “Nice Guy ™” that would snap at any moment when rejected, at least until he walked to the bar and drama’d all over it. Did anyone else see that jaw clench?

Paleo Cream Puff

How did he afford to get Aubrey Plaza to play the lead?

Soup or Man?
Soup or Man?

Yeah, Kirby, he even looks a bit like a newer Patrick Bateman…

Which is to say, pretty handsome, actually, but creepy as fuck.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Is it just me, or is this projection? Dying alone, cut off from friends and family, nothing but regrets to keep you company — that seems like the natural end of a PUAs career.

Hell, Roosh looks like he’s halfway there already.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

@ contrapangloss – D’oh! That didn’t even occur to me. Guess I’m cleverer than I thought!

Bina
Bina

Humph. Needs more ghosts.

@Soup or Man?

He’s kinda got the “fake geek guy” aesthetic doesn’t he? Take a conventionally attractive dude and put big goofy glasses and a sweater on him?

@Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III:

It’s not just you. Actually that struck me as really odd; why is a dude who’s life revolves around one-night stands and short-term relationships making a movie about a person who refused to settle down and is now alone and sad? What if his short actually worked and women all over the world refused to date anyone who wouldn’t end up marrying them?

isidore13
isidore13

Kirbywarp, I suspect he would have no issue at all in lying about wanting to marry to get his dick wet, as they say. And if she falls for it, it’s just because she’s a stupid slut.

Ellesar

So its ‘make them afraid so they lower their standards’? Trouble is of course that it is not that scary being ‘on your own’ because not being in a LTR is not end all of life, AND, as the manosphere is so keen on going on about ad nauseam women get pregnant all the time without having a LTR, and contrary to their belief it is perfectly possible to raise children as a lone parent, or even in other family set ups quite bizarre and extraordinary to the average manospherian.

I had an online spat with a man (re dv) the other day, and as soon as I mentioned raising my sons on my own it was ‘you’ll teach them to be white knights’ and ‘I might have guessed’. Just because lone parents struggle more does NOT mean we are all raising criminals and lowlifes! Or indeed white knights!

Ellesar

On a completely unrelated note I just held my breath to get rid of hiccups – it never works, but always hopeful – and it worked! Tip: hold your breath until you feel like you are going to burst!

GrumpyOldMan

Could I ask what is so wrong about raising white knights?

kirbywarp

My dad always used to push my ears upwards as I slowly drank a glass of water. If you laughed it didn’t work.

I have no idea if it actually works often or not, but I remember it being pretty reliable.

alaisvex
alaisvex

I got about halfway through the video before giving up, but…are they actually mad that a woman rejected a man for being too old for her? This is the crowd that rejects women who are younger than them by five to ten years for being too old. The hypocrisy here, man.

Also, I can’t imagine anyone turning down a proposal the way that she did, unless maybe the relationship wasn’t actually that serious and it really seemed to come out of left field.

Argenti Aertheri

My hiccup cure: take a glass of water, put a put of lemon juice in it (it doesn’t work for me without this!), and drink while holding your nose closed. Singing along with Emilie Autumn’s Opheliac and trying to get it right tends to work, just because off the impressive diaphragm control she’s got!