evil sexy ladies gloating hypergamy men who really shouldn't be making movies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys patronizing as heck post contains jokes post contains sarcasm reactionary bullshit red pill

New Red Pill film masterpiece offers devastating criticism of women who grow old

Good news, everyone! Another Red Piller has made another terrible short film!

“Naughty Nomad,” a Red Pill travel writer who claims to be known as “The Indiana Jones of Pussy,” has produced a not-quite nine-minute film called I Can Do Better. As he explains it on his website, the little drama “explores themes like hypergamy, female entitlement and spinsterhood.” So if you’re into all that you are in luck!

I don’t want to spoil anything, but rest assured that in the film an old woman apparently sort of regrets rejecting some dudes back when she was younger.

The film isn’t as technically, er, challenged as Davis Aurini’s masterpiece Lust in the Time of Heartache, nor does it include any play-fighting ninjas in fedoras and ill-fitting suits. But it makes up for these deficiencies with some awesomely inept acting — and a script that seems to have come straight from the Red Pill subreddit.

In the film, set in the present day, a young woman named Sonia with an assortment of hair styles rejects a succession of suitors, declaring each time that she could “do better.” (Evidently she is supposed to be aging, as everyone knows that young women with shoulder-length black hair eventually mature into women with long blonde hair.)

In the final scene, also seemingly set in the present day, Sonia has suddenly been transformed into an old woman. But she’s up to her old tricks, rejecting a similarly old suitor because she still thinks she can “do better.” At least that’s what she tells her son and his family, who are waiting in her apartment to drink coffee and eat cookies with her.

There is also a Russian version of the film, in case you were wondering, “hey, is there a Russian version of this film?” Though I’m not sure why you would be wondering that, frankly.

H/T — TheBluePill subreddit

ScarlettAthena

Um, I don’t understand, based on your description, how those themes are “explored”…

Sounds like “Yo, stupid bitches, you should totes go out with me ’cause you’ll get old and be alone if you don’t.”

I don’t actually want to spend 9 minutes watching this. I think my time is better used staring at a blank wall. Imma sip some coffee now and enjoy the rainy weather.

ikanreed
ikanreed

I love it. Everything to these guys is numbers. It’s women thinking “I could do better” rather than some more complex thoughts about maybe how this person isn’t quite right for them, how their incompatibilities will make life unpleasant.

It’s gotta be some numbers game that the red pillers can manipulate, nothing subjective and personal. They can’t understand a world in which courtship is not simply bought, and try to force everything to bend to that imagined world.

Tabby Lavalamp

I’ll probably forget to watch this by the time I get home, and that sounds like it’s a good thing. I can do better for my entertainment options.

Thinker2000
Thinker2000

Has anyone else noticed that the only places people from the Manuresphere “win” is in their own imagined scenarios?

Faint Praise
Faint Praise

I don’t understand how this could possibly be an 8+ minute video. Instead of a 20 word TRP comment.

theomegaconstant

“The Indiana Jones of pussy?”

Your world view belongs in a museum, homey.

Emmy Rae
Emmy Rae

In the sequel I hope the lady eats all the cookies & tea while looking at pictures of all the awesome stuff she did after turning down these dudes.

Credens Iustitiam (@SirMcfarlane)

“But then they suddenly vanish. See, they were imaginary, because no woman who rejects dudes that other people think they should be grateful to date can ever hope to have children.

Apparently this is supposed to be a sad ending, at least for her, even though she gets to eat all of the cookies herself.”

That is sad. I don’t think I can handle the emotional impact of this short film.

saphy
saphy

Should have ended with her being eaten by her 50 housecats-of-loneliness. Like, dramatically: the cats don’t even wait for her to die they just all attack and consume her in feline disgust for her spinsterhood. I would watch that horror film.

mildlymagnificent

Hey. I can tell foolface all about it. I’m old. Not just too old for him, but oooooold.

Guess what. Not only could I do better, I did do better.

I have grown up children and I still have a husband who willingly shares a bed with me. He’s done so for nearly 40 years. We’re both very happy about that. Many people our age are like us, others have made other choices, and they’re happy with those too.

Why do these bozos think we’re always measuring people up like this. It’s like ground hog day in middle school.

peristyle
peristyle

I saw it.

Acting was bad. Oversimplified.

I’d like to see a film that shows how promiscuous and misogynist men are unhappy to learn that after years of treating women like dirt, they can’t find a “nice girl” to settle down with, since the nice girls want nothing to do with them.

tesformes

So, the message here is, “Jump on the first guy who calls you m’lady or you’ll end up old and nobody will want to marry you!”

It’s telling that modern MRAs and scolds from my great-grandmother’s generation have the exact same arguments against women following their own best interests.

friday jones
friday jones

The corollary piece would be a short film entitled “I Could Have Done Better,” in which a young woman says “Yes” to the first dude who asks, then jump-cut forward 40 years and he’s a bald unpleasant Willy Loman character who hits on his grandson’s girlfriend and is only there to borrow money from his adult kids for another get-rich-quick scheme, but in the end credit sequence we see him take the money into a casino and put it all on the Pass Line at Craps, ending with him stealing a tip from a passing waitress’ tray.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I said “no thank you” to a large number of douchehats in my twenties and thirties.

My real, flesh-and-blood sons are currently eating cookies in the other room.

@Thinker2000

Yep. Their self-image revolves around elaborate revenge fantasies. I bet when they were 10, they spent a lot of time daydreaming about acquiring superpowers and kicking bullies’ asses.

Jarred H

@tesformes: Thing is, I’m thinking that ending up alone is probably preferable to ending up with a “m’lady.”

Falconer

But … it’s too small to have fistfights with Nazis in there? And anyway, I thought you usually go buy a cream? To beat the vagina Nazis with?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

The Indiana Jones of pussy

In other words, he’s an archaelogist who studies ancient relics. And disses them as spinsters.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Falconer Well, someone has to prevent the vaginazis from getting their hands on his liquid fucking Ark of the Covenant…

potterchik
potterchik

And as it turns out, she DID do better: alone is way better than together with someone you don’t like.
Also, don’t forget: ALL the cookies!

M. the Social Justice Ranger
M. the Social Justice Ranger

@Buttercup

Maybe that’s what causes periods. Sure as hell would explain a lot.

peristyle
peristyle

potterchik, you’re right, she seemed lukewarm about all the guys she was with. Why should she be expected to settle down with one of them just because? Because *they* liked her? That’s not enough of a reason. It seems like these Red Pill guys can’t grasp that.

ikanreed
ikanreed

@Thinker2000

An honorable tradition extending back to Ayn Rand. It fits the libertarian ethos well.

Feminista_Throwaway

I have a husband, two teenage boys and this woman’s life doesn’t look half bad. While I was wallowing in the shit-that-never-ends from a toddler, she was sipping champagne. So tough! What a terrible life she’s leading!

As well as the fact, that unlike red pillers, I don’t even dream that my kids will come home and visit me every day unless they’re living with me. God forbid! I don’t even have a basement! Just a shed. So I’ll just have to imagine my kids and grandkids when they’re not there too – off living their lives as they should be, and not living in my shed for the sole purpose of prying into my love life.

Also – just to note…I thought women hit some wall, and would never ever be able to have a man again – but here, this lady is able to ride the cock carousel until old age. Sounds just fine to me.

For me, this is a recruitment video for not settling – drinking champagne, not settling for a guy who just doesn’t do it, optimistic until the end. I mean, the men looked bummed, but Sonia was happy as anything. Go Sonia!

Miss Diketon
Miss Diketon

Speaking as a 44 years old spinster, with no regrets, does this douche even consider that the whole “marriage, babies, white picket fence” thing is not suitable for everybody?

I did live with a guy for 6 years – NEVER AGAIN!

grumpycatisagirl

Ha ha ha.

bodycrimes

WHERE ARE THE CATS?

I was promised cats in my old age!!

grumpycatisagirl

The acting in this film is so, so terrible. Can acting ever really be that terrible unintentionally?

Moggie
Moggie

Haha, he’s “the Indiana Jones of pussy”… said nobody ever. Unless vagina dentata really exist? Indy would know what to do about that.

bodycrimes

Upon reflection, I’m not sure what the film is telling women to do. OK, so I guess the message is “don’t be too picky”. But then what? Women are supposed to say ‘yes’ to the first person who shows them interest?

Or is there a three strikes rule?

When you’re in possession of a herd-creature lady brain, you need explicit instructions, not just vague doom-laden hints.

Anne Mette
Anne Mette

I wouldn’t Waste 9 min of my life on that vid…

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Indiana Jones is the reason I always roll boulders at guys in Fedoras. Well, what do they expect dressed like that?

Doug
Doug

Shorter: “I’m going to hold my breath until I die, and *then* you’ll be sorry about how you treated me.”

Johanna Roberts

Indiana Jones of Pussy, huh? Does that mean he runs away from it screaming while it rolls down a cave trying to get him?

weirwoodtreehugger

If these red pillers were as successful at having sex with multiple women as they claimed to be, it wouldn’t bother them that some women say no. Because they have plenty of other takers. They wouldn’t need to scare women into fucking them with the SPINSTER!!! threat.

magnesium

“Naughty Nomad”? There’s a weird theme with these PUA guru types in that they are all (I assume voluntarily) homeless and unemployed and desperate to separate entitled man babies from their pocket change. It’s actually kind of sad.

Shadow
Shadow

Bacon
Bacon

I’ve dated a lot, and rejected the advances of a lot of men. Usually I’ve broken up with a guy because we have different goals or expectations about the relationship, or discovered that we don’t work very well together as a couple. Most of the guys I’ve turned down have been because we had too little in common, or just no attraction between us.

There has only been one instance in the literally dozens of guys I’ve rejected or broken up with, where I’ve ever thought ‘I could do better’. That was a guy who cheated on me, lied to me and was generally a horrible person. Long story short, on the rare occasions an adult woman actually thinks ‘I deserve better’, it’s not because she’s too picky, it’s because she’s absolutely right.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

That is the least convincing old-person makeup since Weyland from Prometheus.

That’s all I’ve got until I get back home and can watch it with sound.

sunnysombrera

I think I know why there is a Russian version. Russia is known for being a hotbed of chauvinism and domestic abuse (their politicians aren’t exactly helping). I’ve read that there are a growing number of Russian women who simply don’t want to settle down with Russian men and so have chosen to either stay single or date foreigners. I’m guessing that in the Russian Red Pill hub the men there are translating this as “bitches be choosy and entitled” instead of “our native women are aware that we’re drunken violent louts and don’t want anything to do with us”. And thought that this video would somehow be an effective weapon.

Right.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Johanna Roberts

That’s no cave.

proxieme
proxieme

If women are as “horrible and hypergamous” as RedPillers seem to think we are, isn’t this short telling us to hold out for the most well-off suitor (given the look of utter disbelief on the “too old” guy’s face)?

James Yakura

Somehow I suspect “Indiana Jones of pussy” is meant to be a brag of some sort. Probably about how often he gets some.

If I may paraphrase someone on the Skepchick network: “dude, if I wanted to hear people brag about how often they get laid, I’d listen to the Catalog Aria.”

Hambeast (formerly twincats)
Hambeast (formerly twincats)

Also not gonna watch the sucky video.

But I will say that there are some guys I do regret having turned down. Two, to be precise. But that’s out of dozens (what can I say, I thought the ‘cock carousel’ was just a fun ride, not a weapon of Nice Guy destruction) but everyone makes mistakes. Of course, there are a couple that I definitely regret *not* turning down, too. One was definitely a Nice Guy, before we were calling them that. I also turned down a fair few guys that didn’t do anything for me attraction wise, but at least that didn’t make me a hypergamous slut way back in the 80s.

But seeing that my life includes a great feminist man, a great family and wonderful friends in my life, I’m also not a lonely has-been, so sorry RPers, wrong again!

ceebarks
ceebarks

Do these guys actually know any older single women? My aunt is in her 50s now, never married, never seemed even slightly fazed by it, either, ’cause she was busy with her career and, I think, really liked her space and independence.

There WAS a guy back in her mid-20s but he was apparently a weird controlling douchenozzle– fussing at her over what version of the bible she read, and how much money she spent on work blouses (HER money!!!!)

So clearly, he would have been a totally horrible husband and calling it off was the right decision.

As far as I know, there was never a serious guy again. She’s a pleasant-looking, straightforward, funny and cheerful person who always seems to be pretty happy with her life. If she’s sitting around in her downtime bawwwing about not being married and having kids, I’d be VERY surprised. She has a good job she likes, a lot of old friends, good relationships with her parents and sibling, and now she has half a dozen (and counting) great-nieces and nephews. She spends time with the madding crowd at family events, and then go back to her clean, quiet, tastefully decorated home… where she probably does eat all the cookies, dammit.

TRAGEDY!

I’m married with a bunch of kids, but let’s just say, it’s hard to look at her life and think UR DOIN IT RONG. lol

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

@ikanreed:

“Everything to these guys is numbers.”

And transactions — thus the “sexual marketplace” and other nonsense that reduces the complex and varied world of human interactions and relationships to its two-dimensional caricature, because this is something that they can grasp (or so they think). These guys live in a hell of their own making, but blame it on others.

Aunt Edna
Aunt Edna

@ceebarks:

“UR DOIN IT RONG. lol”

Yep, it stinks, now that you’ve mentioned it.

What red pillocks cannot stand, much less acknowledge, is that single women who are so either by fate or choice, are so much happier and successful in their lives than they are.

When I look at the single gals of a certain age I know, those who never married or who divorced and did not remarry, I see happy, active women engaged in life, growing their careers, pursuing their hobbies (one is an avid sailor in her 70s; another, 60-something, travels the world in her spare time), and having relationships with men on their own terms. They never lack for male companionship, even late in life, but they also don’t seem to crave it.

This — women living happily without male dominance — is not acceptable to red pillocks; there is no room for it in their warped worldview.

ceebarks
ceebarks

Totally!! I don’t visit my own mom every day: for most of my adult life, we’ve been lucky to see each other once a year, though now that we at least live within a day’s drive we manage the trip more often than when we were halfway across the continent, or halfway ’round the globe. If she were really relying on me for an identity and a social life, she’d be SOL. I HAVE known a few people my age whose parents lean on them like that and it backfires big time, as that kind of emotional vampirism is properly repulsive to most people. So whether you have kids or not, you have to Get a Life.

Agree about the “wall,” too. I remember some RP dude lecturing me about how I should kiss my husband’s ass because if we split I’d never get another one (I think I was like 28 at the time, lol.) Sure, I could have a series of short-term affairs but no man would commit to my aging eggs and sagging boobs.

Now I’m in my 30s and I’m like… “so what?” I’ve had my kids, don’t want any more… a smorgasbord of guys who come in for discreet fun and don’t leave behind undies for me to launder sounds… kind of good. ha

Ira Shantz-Kreutzkamp
Ira Shantz-Kreutzkamp

That’s the worst propaganda video I think I have ever seen. Message, presentation, acting, direction, all awful.

Also, Mr. Futrelle, sorry to nitpick but it is spelt ‘devastating’.

weirwoodtreehugger

I used to be a contractor for the VA and part of my job was speaking to the veterans and updating their information including marital status and next of kin. It was quite common for widowers to remarry in a pretty short time span. It was usually to women in their own age group who were also widowed or divorced. Not twenty somethings. I dare say older women who want to get married are still able to. It’s just that many older women don’t want to. My parents divorced when I was 22. My mom never wants to remarry. She likes living alone and living for herself only. My dad on the other hand, started dating immediately and now has a fiancee whom he lives with. He was the one who didn’t want to be alone. And none of my dad’s girlfriends were much younger. They were women in his age group who were divorced or never married. The notion that we hit a wall at 30 and are doomed to spinster hood is just so archaic and stupid.

sparky
sparky

Why do they think “You’re not going to end up tied down to the some douchebag asshole or someone you’re just not compatible with” is some kind of horrible threat to a woman’s well-being?

1 2 3 4