#gamergate anti-Semitism antifeminism cultural marxism evil SJWs racism

"Cultural Marxism" explained in helpful infographic (that somehow manages to avoid using "Le Happy Merchant") With BONUS CRAP PICS

It's all so obvious now!
It’s all so obvious now! (Click to enlarge.)

I‘m sorry, did I say “helpful?” I meant “so convoluted that the diagram-maker eventually gave up drawing lines between boxes because even he couldn’t figure out how all these things allegedly relate to each other.”

I should note that in addition to being a mess, this diagram is also complete bullshit, and that “Cultural Marxism” only exists in the fevered imaginations of neo-Nazis, conspiracy theorists, #Gamergaters and Bernard Chapin? For an actual history of “Cultural Marxism” as a boogeyman of the far right, see here. For more lovely “Cultural Marxism” infographics and memes, several of which do include “Le Happy Merchant,” see my earlier post on the subject.

Oh, ok. Here (after the jump) is a crapload of BONUS images I found by searching for “cultural marxism,” this time on Twitter.  [CONTENT WARNING: All the bigotries, actual pro-Hitler Tweets, cartoon semi-nudity.]

Note: This last image, as you’ve probably gathered, is not an actual SPLC poster. A Google image search shows that pretty much the only people who’ve posted it online have been right-wing asshats. For example, this guy, who regularly posts images even worse than the ones I’ve got here.

H/T — @jason_a_w on Twitter, for posting the convoluted  diagram, sent to him by someone who thought it actually made sense, and maistrechat, for linking to Jason’s Tweet in the comments here.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

@ Zolnier – There are neolithic sites on and around Malta that contain statues of wide-hipped goddesses… but we don’t really know very much about their social structure, so… that’s probably not a good example.

Some pre-Christian religions play on the duality of male/female and the equal balance thereof, but that doesn’t mean they actually acted equally.

I think if I ever heard of a society in which women held the majority of the power, it would be exceptional enough that I would remember it forever.

Argenti Aertheri

Funny story? I was in Florida when I was a young teen, and got asked where I was from. Connecticut I answer, only to be asked what country that’s in. This was an employee somewhere or other, so nope, can’t chalk it up to them being from another country. Just plain stupidity!

As for the America/US/USA question, I once got into a fight about this here, years ago (any old timers wanna guess with who?) Apparently anything but USA is colonialist because we’re not all of the Americas, and there are United States of other things. Yeah, I’m not using USA since I only ever see it used by the “patriotic” sort. “The states” works fine for most purposes after all.

Argenti Aertheri

Iroquois society is fairly skewed towards women — the chief’s male, but picked by the previous one’s sister, and the (female) elders can boot him if they want — http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois#Women_in_society

Zolnier

Interesting. I was mainly asking because after hearing so many MRAs whine about how we’re “becoming a matriarchy”, I was wondering if there ever was a woman dominated society. I know of some fairly egalitarian ones.

I remember many years ago trying to explain to my male partner that a non-patriarchal society was not automatically a ‘matriarchal’ one (the two terms aren’t equivalent in any case but I was pretending they were)–he simply, literally couldn’t grasp the idea of a culture/society/organisation/family/other social group without someone being top dog. So to him the only logic for feminists must be that if they don’t want men to be top dog they must want to be top dog–and thus it was perfectly reasonable for ‘men’ to oppose ‘feminists’ in competing for top dog position.

I don’t know how common that kind of blindness is. I guess if you grow up in an authoritarian family (which he did), and don’t have anything to correct/counterbalance that, you really aren’t going to be able to imagine any kind of social group that isn’t a boot stamping on a human face forever, and by definition it has to be either your boot or someone else’s.

mildlymagnificent

I don’t know how common that kind of blindness is.

My view is that it’s a lot more common than it is explicitly stated.

It’s one of those things that an observer can work out from the way a person speaks and behaves even though they don’t / can’t do it from inside their own heads.

Tracy
Tracy

Just… holy shit.

I never knew what cultural marxism actually meant (other than as some code-word for progressive thought). I will never stop throwing up.

Going to stop typing before this comment devolves into a huge string of expletives.

I think it’s pretty widely accepted that there aren’t any truly matriarchal cultures that we know of. Which doesn’t mean that there aren’t or haven’t been any anywhere, but does mean that it’s unlikely. Power structure seem to have a tendency to go the other way.

Luzbelitx

I’ve been reading a text from Spanish archaeologist Almudena Hernando on the origins or patriarchy.

She drives back 2.5 million years, when the Homo genus appeared. Apparently, sexual dimorphism was reduced in terms of physical size, but more pronounces in terms of shape (it’s at this point that the “hourglass figure” would appear in primates).

These new communities would be more equal, cooperative and less violent than their suspected ancestors, the Australopithecus, in which males could be as much as 50% larger than females.

Almudena believes the first human groups were actually pretty egalitarian, which of course does NOT mean they were matriarchal. Her hypothesis is that inequalities between genders in human beings were very, very slowly developed in their communities through the sexual division of labor.

From the prehistory on, it becomes less and less common to find egalitarian human societies. There are those who revere female deities, which again does NOT mean actual women were worshiped or even respected or autonomous.

But there is no record of a matriarchy ever being established in human societies. The closest to matriarchy in primates are bonobos, in which females actually lead and decide over the whole group.

Of course, that is not exactly a “culture” or even a “human society”.

scalyllama

@sagenelunsjbar

As a norwegian I must profusely appologize for that horrid, almost 70 year old, propaganda poster!

Why must you personally apologise? Did you create it? It’s very thoughtful of you to do so, but your obvious regret over that era of your country’s history is, I think, enough. If we remember and learn so we avoid it in future, that is a good thing.

It’s truly embarrasing.

Ah, embarrassment for one’s country! That’s something I can relate to.

Please look up White Australia Policy, Stolen Generations, and Manus Island Detention Centre, for starters. My country, love it in many other ways though I do, is currently on the Human Rights Watch List in relation to asylum seekers and treatment of our Indigenous population.

Embarrassment is hardly sufficient. Shame is closer to the mark, followed by rage. And helplessness when our government ignores us and continues anyway.

Also our PM doesn’t believe in climate change. As if that will make a difference.

Bina
Bina

#NotAllNorwegians!

KSRay
KSRay

From one of the tweets: “There’s nothing wrong with Whites loving our own race.”

The “loving [their] own race” thing isn’t my biggest gripe about white supremacists. I’m more bothered by the whole hating other races thing.

maisonslaffitte

The third largest political party in Sweden (they got 13% of the vote in 2014) are the Sweden Democrats. The party was founded by wannabe brownshirts (and a few old guard ones) in the 1980’s but has since cleaned up it’s appearance. They didn’t get into parlament until 2010.
They haven’t really cleaned up their act though. Their spokesperson stated recently that swedish jews and sami people weren’t in his opinion really swedes. Members are routinely booted for being too openly racist/fascist or for not following the leaders loyally enough. The list of their shenanigans is absurdely long and I could go on and on.
Just check this out and be boggled. TW racism and misogyni.
Racism is unfortunately alive and all too well here.

To get into the swedish parlament any party needs at least 4+% of the vote so the feminist party were close, some projections had them getting in but sadly they didn’t. They made it into the european parlament though.

I remember watching a documentary about some region in China were they practiced something called “walking marriages”. In this region property and children stayed with the families of the mothers while the fathers stayed with the families they were born into and only visited their lovers (the mothers) at night. There were no formal marriages and unions started and ended frequently without much ceremony.
Other chinese thought of the whole thing as disgraceful and considered the women of the region “easy” of course…

Btw I think that norwegian poster is for a waffen ss voluntary batalion called Viking (I think) which included people from all of Scandinavia (including swedes) who were recruited to go fight on the eastern front.

This has been a teal deer (or possibly moose) from your friendly neighbourhood lurker. My profound appologies for any and all mistakes in spelling and grammar, holding thumbs for links. Down periscope.

maisonslaffitte

Checking my comment it seems I fouled up the links, here are the adresses.
The first:

The second:

maistrechat

re:matriarchy

I’m not sure how solid the actual evidence is for this, but I’ve been told that parts of pre-Xia China were extremely matriarchal down to “men are viewed as communal property”.

rupert sackvile
rupert sackvile

How stupid can you actually be? You seem incapable of understanding basic rules of inference. Nowhere, I repeat nowhere in that article is there the slightest evidence that Cultural Marxism does not exist. The fact that several rhetorical strategies are singled out says nothing about whether a school of thought actually exists. Sorry, I forgot. Leftists of 21st c are incapable of rational thinking

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Says the person who doesn’t know the difference between rebuttal and mockery.

Paradoxical Intention

Good lord. What, we can’t talk about anything without somehow solving all of the world’s problems all at once?

We can’t say that “Oh, I don’t agree with Obama’s policies on ISIS.” without someone marching up to us and demanding to know what we should do instead?

Myriad
Myriad

Clearly, this are serious place. I love how some people cannot read the header.

sunnysombrera

Says the person who doesn’t know the difference between rebuttal and mockery.

It’s barely even mockery, it’s just posting their tweets exactly as they are.

weirwoodtreehugger

The burden is not on anyone to prove a negative. The burden is on those who are claiming that cultural Marxism exists to prove that it does. Until then, we’ll be over here mocking the neo Nazis.

emilygoddess
emilygoddess

Yeah, there’s that too. I assume David didn’t bother to debunk the idea of “cultural marxism” for the same reason one doesn’t bother to debunk creationism or chemtrails or anything by David Icke.

Bina
Bina

And 19th-century right-wingers are incapable of thinking at all.

As are 20th-century fascists.

Pray tell me, sir, which one are you? Because you’re obviously a non-thinker.

rupert sackvile
rupert sackvile

” that “Cultural Marxism” only exists in the fevered imaginations of neo-Nazis, conspiracy theorists, #Gamergaters ”
Nothing that has been written in this article actually disputes the existence of Cultural Marxism! Point out where in this article, where in any article there is a rebuttal of the existence of cultural Marxism, defined as the endeavour of the socialists and communists of the Frankfurt School to undermine bourgeois democracy by enlisting the help of a number of minorities.

I am very happy to do that for y ou! Cultural Marxism is the ideology of a number of the members of the Frankfurt School who sought to enlist the help of minorities to subvert the established order. Is there the slightest doubt that many of the ideas of the New Left, from political correctness to sexual liberation, can be traced directly back to the Frankfurt School and its acolytes? I think not.

rupert sackvile
rupert sackvile

Pray tell me, sir, which one are you? Because you’re obviously a non-thinker.

Apparently I am. Already members of this forum have admitted that the author has not bothered to debunk the idea
But obviously despite your “pray sir” pseudo- Shakespearean english, you were unable ot read the sentence properly.

M.
M.

Should copypasta conspiracy theories be eaten from a tinfoil plate?

rupert sackvile
rupert sackvile

emilygoddess Says the person who doesn’t know the difference between rebuttal and mockery.

You can mock something as non-existing only after you have shown it not to exist

sevenofmine

Things which are apparently the same:

1) Proving that X exists
2) Asserting that X exists

Today I learned!

Bina
Bina

Oh look, our little drive-by pooper is back. And thinks I can’t read. Actually, sirrah, I CAN read. You, however, can’t write. Or think. And that makes you infinitely worthy to be mocked and laughed to scorn.

Always glad to clear things up for you mudbrains.

weirwoodtreehugger

Rupert,
None of your posts have bothered to provide evidence that you aren’t an alien from the Andromeda galaxy! Until you do prove that you are an earthling, I can only assume that you are fact an extraterrestrial.

I’m happy to provide proof that you an alien. You see, I read an infographic on the internet that proves it. Checkmate, Andromedans!

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Roughly 80% of the people who use the term Marxism, whether alone or in conjunction with one or more adjectives or other nouns, have never read Marx and have no clue what Marx claimed or advocated. A nontrivial percentage of these have done some preliminary research via Wikipedia or the ravings of some rightwinger who has also not read any Marx, and therefore feel like they are Edumacated and Know What They Are Talking About.

Rupert gives all the signs of being a member of this group of nonsense-spouting ignorant wastrels, and now must prove that zie is not.

Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)
Banana Jackie Cake, the Best Jackie and Cake! Yum! (^v^)

I know I can’t read what rupert sackvile is saying, but I think it’s because it’s so ludicrous I have no idea what the hell they’re trying to say.

Paradoxical Intention

I like how zie demanded proof that we believe that Cultural Marxism doesn’t exist, and then only goes “Well, the lefties believe in sexual liberation and political correctness, and all that must have traced back from Marxism, so it exists! Ha!”

Your speculation has been noted, sirrah.

Even if both of these did, in fact, stem from Marxism, how is the existence of those two ideas means that Cultural Marxism is a thing?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Rational Wiki link attempting to explain “Cultural Marxism.”

Ok, that’s a definition, not a proof of existence.

Doubt here! But hey, i’m willing to discard that doubt for the sake of argument. Let’s pretend that many of hte ideas of the “New Left” can trace their roots back to the Frankfurt School. What evidence do you have that those ideas are harmful? What evidence do you have that those ideas are rooted in wanting to destroy society, rather than attempt to shape society into something more moral like every single political philosophy in the world tries to do?

The proponents of the hatred of “Cultural Marxism” always seem to talk about how Good Christian Society is going to be overthrown, or White People are going to be genocided, or some other line of bullshit paranoid racism. Given that you can describe any attempt to change society for the better as “overthrowing society and replacing it with something new,” what exactly makes the Left’s push for social change so terrible, besides it’s supposed roots?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Meanwhile, <a href="http://weeklysift.com/2014/08/11/not-a-tea-party-a-confederate-party/"this is how you construct an argument for how an old ideology shapes and influences modern ideology. In this case, how in the US the confederacy has shaped the modern Republican platform. You’ve got to actually trace out the history, showing step-by-step the cause and effect, and showing how old rhetoric is repeated or echoed in new rhetoric.

(I dunno how airtight the argument is… there still seems to be a bit of handwaving. But still, it’s fascinating.)

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

well, that link got borked. Here it is.