a voice for men a woman is always to blame antifeminism antifeminist women boobs conspiracy theory Dean Esmay drama kings evil sexy ladies incoherent rage infighting johntheother lying liars mantrum men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA paul elam schadenfreude YouTube

The Men's Rights Movement's ugliest divorce is getting uglier by the day. And funnier.

It seems like only yesterday that a Voice for Men’s Paul Elam and John “The Other” Hembling were the bestest of friends, laughing and joking together as they plotted to take over the world. Now, after an ugly falling out, the two are the worstest of enemies, and this whole MGTOW thing is making their ugly divorce even uglier.

You know that little war that Elam has going on with the MGTOWers, or more accurately, the MGTOWFAFPE (Men Going Their Own Way Far Away From Paul Elam)? Mr. Hembling and his girlfriend/comrade Diana Davison have allied themselves with Elam’s many enemies in the MGTOW world, and, well, Elam doesn’t seem to like this very much.

I present to you three recent skirmishes in their little war.

Dean Esmay, Breast Man

This first skirmish isn’t between Elam and Hembling themselves, but between each man’s most faithful lieutenant. On Elam’s side, AVFM’s “operations director” Dean Esmay; on Hembling’s side, the not-so-charming Ms. Davison, his partner in COCK. (No really, that’s the name of their organization.)

Esmay, angry at MGTOWers for mocking Elam’s new book on MGTOW, decides to lash out at Davison, whom he feels is seducing the MGTOW masses to the anti-Elam side using the power of her, erm, titties.

No, really. Here’s Esmay:

I added the red arrow.
I added the red arrow.

Davison’s video response (from which I got the above screenshot) is remarkably restrained, considering.

ANALYSIS: A major misstep from Esmay. Davison is a thoroughly terrible person; she’s the woman-hating woman who once wrote that “[w]omen are facing a very real and grave problem in our culture: They are obnoxious cunts.” And Esmay, through the power of his own obnoxious assholery, has managed to turn her, at least momentarily, into a sympathetic character.

Advantage, Team COCK.

John Hembling, Borrower

A writer on A Voice for Men reveals that Hembling plagiarized giant chunks of an Alternet article in a blog post of his that was later published on AVFM.

There’s really no question about it: a number of passages are similar, and one giant chunk is copied nearly word-for-word. Oops.

Hembling’s response? A video in which he breezily dismisses the charges, admitting only that he “borrowed” a couple of sentences, as if this is a thing that all writers sometimes do. Elam mocks Hembling’s glib response in a video of his own – perhaps the only time I’ve ever witnessed Elam on the right side of any argument.

Of course, the bigger question is why Elam ever thought that Hembling, a perpetual liar, could be trusted in the first place. Maybe because he doesn’t give a shit about the truth? Just a guess.

Advantage, Team Paul

The Battle of Dean Esmay’s Tooth

In what seems to be a transparent attempt to draw attention away from the whole plagiarism thing, Hembling makes a video about Dean Esmay and his missing tooth.

Esmay, you see, is missing a tooth. While Esmay sees this as somehow the fault of feminism – at least that’s what he seemed to suggest during his rather surreal appearance on a Detroit news show last summer – Hembling wonders aloud why Elam, who takes in many tens of thousands of dollars a year in donations to AVFM, can’t shell out a few bucks for some dental work for Esmay, the hardest working AVFMer of them all.

Advantage, neither. Hembling has a point, but bringing up the tooth thing is a bit of a low blow.

Stay tuned, because this war is likely to get uglier still.

It’s kind of delicious.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Remember the Titans, Titans from Hercules so many titans

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Oh and attack on titan

dslucia1

Yeah, the Team Titans.

/joke nobody will get

I just wouldn’t besmirch the name of any of the Teen Titans by associating them with MGTOWs or MRAs.

Falconer

@fruitloopsie, the Teen Titans theme is just so very bouncy, cheerful and catchy. I can probably still sing all of the English version, too.

Falconer

Okay, I’m kind of doubtful of the purported translation of the Japanese lyrics.

Scarlettathena

Fruitloopsie
“Men Gonna To Obsess and Whine”

That’s good too! 😀

Here’s another: Megadouches Getting Too Overheated and Witless

On another note, what an education today! I did not know there were so many gifs of popcorn eating!

sorceressensorcelled
sorceressensorcelled

I certainly hope that this infighting makes my dad think twice, because he was recently expressing interest in MGTOW to me over a phone call.

I told him I was confused and sad, because I’m a woman, and I thought that him going his own way would mean that he would be obligated to cut me out of his life forever. He hasn’t stopped talking to me, though, so I assumed he had given up on the idea of MGTOW.

… Of course, if MGTOW can still associate freely with women and still call themselves MGTOW, I’m confused and sad again.

🙁

gorillaella

MMM – this slice of schadenfreude pie is delicious

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Falconer
I’m pretty bad at memorizing songs so I would just repeat a certain line or just hum the tune

Scarlettathena
“Here’s another: Megadouches Getting Too Overheated and Witless”
That’s good

sorceressensorcelled
Im so sorry and I hope that your father has given up on that too. Hugs if you want them.
I think the reason on why they won’t go is that they can’t stand the thought that women don’t really care if they left.

We are actually glad that they’re leaving so we won’t deal with their disgusting behavior and can leave us with the good men that actually love having relationships with us and see us as people.

Vanir (@Vanir85)

– sorceressensorcelled

Damn, sorry to hear that. Kinda strange that a man with a daughter (which he obviously cares about and respects enough to talk about various things with) would consider “joining” a movement that see women as lesser beings barely fit to take up space on the planet.

Quite confuddling.

Maybe direct him to this site and to some choice articles about MGTOW? Let him see this little group presented from outside their own echo-chambers?

Regardless. Wish you the best.

Oh man, I’d forgotten about Canadian Cock.

Falconer

It’s maple flavored!

ssaly88

@fruitloopsie: I’ll definitely take those hugs. He’s been worrying me lately.

@Vanir: I’ll be doing that definitely. He’s never been one to have his head up his ass about gender issues, and has been known to respond to “she was asking for it” rape apologia with the phrase, “I don’t care if she was walking down the street naked, you don’t get to touch her unless she says you can.” He’s the main reason why I’m a feminist, so that phone call threw me for a loop for sure.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@sorceressensorcelled

Maybe your dad doesn’t really understand MGTOW in full. I know several people who called themselves libertarian based on a passing familiarity with the term, and who gave it up once they bothered to take the time and actually learn the ins and outs of the ideology. Maybe your dad heard about MGTOW in passing, and will realize it is horrible once he learns what’s actually below the surface.

I mean, MRA and MGTOW both have talking points that, if you’re not really paying attention, may sound like good things. He may just need more education to realize neither ideology is for him.

It’s maple flavored!

Only if they have maple syrup urine disease.

Shalimar
Shalimar

Ms. Davison, his partner in COCK

“We need to make this thing bigger, or we’ll both starve to death.”

mistressoflarry

First time posting a .gif…

*crosses fingers*

ssaly88

@Policy of Madness: I think you’re probably right. He would probably find a lot of their attitudes disgusting if I gave him a link to one of the hubs. He just shocked me is all.

Did someone say COCK?

Yeah, you might wanna rethink your cutesy acronyms there, Menz Rightz “movement” of just two people, one of whom is an icky cootie-ridden woman.

ParadoxicalIntention

sparky

MGTOWs dissed Paulie because he’s apparently some “feminist shill” because women post on AVfM. Esmay’s dissing MGTOWs because the Otter’s working with a woman. We have two sides pointing at the other and calling each other illegitimate because of girl cooties.

That about sums it up. “You like GIRLS, you walking cootie hive!” “Nuh-uh! YOU do you oozing cootie zit!”

Then the rest of us can just sit back and watch.

Oh man, I’d forgotten about Canadian Cock.

Falconer

It’s maple flavored!

The both of you owe me a new keyboard.

Bina

What is MGTOW even supposed to mean if they can get married?

Men Gone Totally Out of Whack?

Kestrel
Kestrel

Sorceress – Hugs to you. Hope your dad can see the MGTOW for the overgrown children they are.

Shalimar
Shalimar

Silly question. If Elam is a feminist shill for letting women join his community, how do the MGTOW faithful feel about Diana Davison defending them?

Catalpa
Catalpa

Yeah, MGTOWs don’t seem very committed to their ideology. They hate women intensely, until they find one who agrees to date them. Then it all goes out the window.

I really doubt they stop hating women once they find one that agrees to date them.

In fact, judging from the folks that claim MGTOWs can be married (to women) and still retain the title, I suspect that the requirement is to virulently hate women and go out of their way to spew this hate everywhere, including all over whatever woman is unfortunate enough to get shackled to one of these fuckweasels.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Catalpa – Sorry, should have clarified – “then it all goes out the window” refers to the never-have-anything-to-do-with-women part of the ideology. The hating women part is pretty much a constant.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

It’s tragic when MRA “gurus” fight over who gets custody of the marks,.

WatermelonSugar

sorceressensorcelled–

I’m sorry to hear about your dad. My dad is in the process of Going-His-Own-Way, and I know how crap it feels. E-hugs if you want them.

Sarah
Sarah

Heya!
Just here to say that I loved this post and all the comments in it and popcorn gifs.
This site, David and this community are the best.

sunnysombrera

Hi Sarah! Thanks!

Seconding the idea that sorceress’ dad doesn’t fully know what MGTOW is. Since MGTOW tends to attract men who are already misogynist in outlook, and he doesn’t sound like he is, some education on what they talk about (and only ever talk about) should do the trick.

Shaenon

Okay, I’m kind of doubtful of the purported translation of the Japanese lyrics.

As far as I know it’s correct. “Earthquake, lightning, fire, Dad,” is a reference to a Japanese saying that there are only four things to fear in this world: earthquakes, lightning, fire, and your father. Also appropriate for Raven.

Bina

Yup. And I suspect they even go out of their way to sabotage all their relationships with them just so they can self-righteously point and go “See? What did I tell you? Feeeeeemales EEEEEEEEEEVIL!!!”

alaisvex
alaisvex

Oh shit. Just looked up pics of Diana Davison, and she has short hair. Short. Hair.

Dudes, could you come up with a consistent view of what you want from women? Or is what you require really just that they hate women as much as you do?

Bina

Hey Diana, did you know you’re a misandrist? When you cut your hair, you’re cutting COCKS! Off your own head! Cocks!

(snickers)

weirwoodtreehugger

How does John’s boner survive a short haired girlfriend? He is truly oppressed.

alaisvex
alaisvex

Yeah, I’m really surprised that she and Karen have been forgiven for committing the terrible, misandrist sin of cutting off their hair. But I guess that if you’re FeMRA, you get special privileges, like being about to do whatever the fuck you want with your own fucking hair? Maybe that’s why they want so badly to stay in the MRA clubhouse?

And..I just they’re possibly scared shitless at this point and don’t want to back down from the movement now, let alone criticize it, because they know that if they do, they’ll get loads of harassment like the Wooly Bumblebee got.

But even if that’s the case, they’re still willing to sacrifice other women’s basic human rights so that they can keep being the protected “cool girls.”

Jesus, now I feel shitty about this whole situation.

takshak
takshak

My schaden is freuded. I love it when they eat their own

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

Pretty sure when a MGTOW finds a woman who agrees to date them, he just rationalizes it as an exception to the rule rather than a reason to reevaluate it. She is also evidence that he is Special and Enlightened and thus deserves a Special and Enlightened vagina. That’s how you can be a married MGTOW – Going His Own Way is what GOT him that lady! Totes! For real!

alaisvex
alaisvex

@mousefarts

Well, of course they can’t have people thinking that they just can’t get girlfriends. It would mean that they weren’t alphas, and they can’t be betas or (gasp!) omegas.

Falconer

@WWTH, @alaisvex: It came down to this cruel choice: short hair, or buns.

alaisvex
alaisvex

@Falconer,

*nods gravely* A momentous choice indeed. A rock and a hard place, so to speak.

WatermelonSugar

Perhaps even a COCK and a hard place, as it were.

Mouse Farts
Mouse Farts

Sneeeeerrrk

Bina

That specialness, alas, only lasts until she actually asserts herself against him and not other women. Then, suddenly, she’ll find herself booted out amidst all the other egregiously awful misandrists. And of course, he’ll be yattering on about all the harpies even as he’s looking for the next one to fuck…and fuck over.

sunnysombrera

Bina: pretty much. He’ll want a woman for sex but treat her horribly and expect her to stay, all the while complaining to his MGTOW friends about what an awful feminazi she is because she made him load the dishwasher once.

Boogerghost

“Rabbi, is there a proper blessing… for Paul Elam??”

“A blessing for Paul Elam? Of course. May God bless and keep Paul Elam… far away from us!”

@alaisvex @bina Yes. Also lol.

proxieme
proxieme

What is MGTOW even supposed to mean if they can get married?

…Maybe it’s allowed if she’s supporting you financially (and has paid for your vasectomy so she can’t trap you) while you pursue your MGTOW-related advocacy (primarily trolling online), preferably (given their rhetoric) with her work as a military service member…?

That’s all I’ve got.

proxieme
proxieme

On that, I’ve found this and it gives me joy:

proxieme
proxieme

I’ve come to read the tone of David’s posts like a circus ringmaster recently. It’s made them a whole lot more awesome. Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls! Sights to amaze and astonish!

SEE — the Incredible Man with Two Faces!
HEAR — the Astounding Wail of the Sea Lion!
EXPERIENCE — the Most Astonishing Denial of Reality in our Modern age!

[cue brass band, clowns]

And no matter what, this is all of the performers by the end of each show:

proxieme
proxieme

Hell, I know people like that who don’t (as far as I know) consciously subscribe to any gendered ideology, they just seem to revel in the poor-poor-benighted-me narrative.

Any time a new woman gets in a relationship with my dad, I feel like mouthing “RUN!” whenever his back is turned.