men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA

On the Viscosity of Women (Comments I Don't Let Through, Part 327)

Women vs Men (Artist's Conception)
Women vs Men (Artist’s Conception)

This blog gets more than its share of drive-by comments by trollish sorts who deposit little turds and then wander back to their sad corner of the internet. I don’t let most of them through, but sometimes they are too good to keep to myself. And by “good” I mean whatever synonym for “terrible” this comment deserves:

Submitted on 2015/01/18 at 9:49 am  It is not acceptable to point out anything negative about women. It is also not acceptable to point out anything positive about men. Women are so coddled anymore in all they do that they have lost touch with reality. Women are viscous, miserable, self promoting, self proclaimed victims. They cry about anything negative they have to contend with and directly blame men for creating whatever it may be. Women suck. I love watching females fail. The best vindication is to watch them to do things on their own. Women are train wrecks, especially without guidance. They are worse than children because as adults they have the means to be real problems but still have the mentality of the children they never grew up from being. They deserve to be treated like the trash they are.

Say what you will about Love Being Right here, but unlike most of his misogynist buddies he’s awfully concise. He covers all the basics here, and then some! Whatever will we do about all these viscous women?

jadebscarlett
Reply to  Miss Andry

@Miss Andry, what’s your beef with Kathy Griffin?

Alex

Niki Minaj openly came out about her abortion, which she does not regret. She’s kind of my hero for that, flaws or not.

cassandrakitty
cassandrakitty

Also I feel like a lot of the criticism of her is so steeped in both misogyny and racism that it makes me want to have her back in most situations.

fruitloopsie
fruitloopsie

Unimaginative
I found a website that has their videos and songs I don’t know if all of them will play for you but hopefully they will work. Good thing I’m not viscous or I wouldn’t be able to type this.

Unimaginative

Fruitloopsie, that’s it! And the song is actually called Paint It Read. Huh.

Unimaginative

Paint it Red, rather. And thanks 🙂

A. Noyd
A. Noyd

weirwoodtreehugger sez:

I’m glad they’re close to being eradicated. Water borne diseases are very preventable and they should all be eradicated.

One of the major reasons for the success of the guinea worm eradication is that it’s non-zoonotic. That is, it has no alternative animal hosts besides humans. The fewer alternative hosts an infection has, the easier it is to wipe out (and the more, the harder). Now, if only we could get around the political shenanigans standing in the way of polio eradication and the commercialized stupidity holding back measles eradication.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

I’m not sure it’s “political shenanigans” preventing the eradication of polio. I had heard that there are basically rumors that the vaccine is tainted with this, that, or the other, which would actually give the people in areas where polio still exists, a lot in common with American anti-vaxxers.

brooked
brooked

@childrenofthebroccoli

Ooh, can I play? I’ll say some nice things about men! Walton Goggins is a very good actor. David Futrelle is a very funny blogger. Pablo Picasso was a great artist. My dad makes really good nachos. Mmm, nachos…

Props for going straight to Walter Goggins when thinking of men to compliment. I’d probably gone Michael Shannon or Jason Brolin, but Boyd is America’s most endearing fictional bad dude.

A. Noyd
A. Noyd

banned@4chan.org sez:

It’s either inaccessibility of endemic regions thanks to violent insurgencies like Boko Haram and the Taliban, or it’s post-colonialist, anti-Western suspicion fanned up by leaders or would-be leaders in these areas where people were systematically fucked over by the West. And then CIA had to go and confirm the fears of people in Pakistan with their idiotic plot to use a vaccination team to get intel on Bin Laden.

Plus, it doesn’t help that the attenuated virus in the oral polio vaccine is notorious for sometimes reactivating itself and becoming transmissible. It’s not like there’s nothing behind the paranoia about the polio vaccine being tainted.

So, yes, it’s political. And no, it’s not the same thing as anti-vaxx in the West at all.

meeples
meeples

delurking.. the viscous women just rang a very muffled bell about some sort of fertility control method that goes on the viscosity of uterine mucus with regard to when conception is most likely if there’s sperm in the general vicinity. like the little guys can’t get through sometimes. While I’m pretty pleased to be able to type ‘viscous’ and ‘mucus’ in the same coherent sentence – does anyone have a better idea of what I’m trying to recollect?

This would also help me deverminate, because now I have an earworm of Lou Reed singing ‘Baby you’re so viscous’

Kootiepatra

It’s a wonder that sentient liquid beings are able to stay atop a carousel.

mildlymagnificent

Absolutely.

Back in the wondrous days of the 70s, one of the common activities in discussion groups was education about how women’s bodies worked. I remember coming home from one of these meetings and saying to mr.m that it’s one thing to say that biology is not destiny (a la Freud) but it’s another thing entirely to turn it into a tedious chore. We’d been encouraged to do a daily check of our vaginal secretions and Keep A Diary to record the results.

When the Billingses turned up with their cervical mucus chart for “natural family planning” I knew exactly what they were talking about.

I suppose I was lucky in that, by this time, I already understood the physiology and biology (no thanks to my family or my school, I’d picked it all up in my early 20s) so I was free to be bored or irritated by it, unlike lots of other women who really had no idea.

mildlymagnificent

Huh. That reminded me of another feminist book I no longer own.

Our Bodies, Ourselves. Absolutely revolutionary in its time. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/history/

meeples
meeples

that’s it – Billings Method. thanks, mildlymagnificent! the secretiion diaries could be either a cringey retro compliation, or yet another evo-biol apologist crutch. sods choice, in all.

But – now having being reminded of the existence of a Viscosity Index, could it possiblyinfluence the daily fluctuations of the Pussy Market? and does Roosh adjust his forecasts accordingly…

Kim
Kim

Speaking of viscosity, how about the pitch drop finally being caught on camera? Now onyly 14 years til the next one.

lith
lith

proxieme:

Gorgeous German Shepherds used in the takedown scene though. Pristine DDR bloodlines.

Somehow that was the funniest part. I mean funny in the over-the-top-anti-semitic-rants-followed-by-ooh-look-at-the-shiny-dogs sense of course.

proxieme
proxieme

ObjectiveReality on January 20, 2015 at 11:05 pm
If women are viscous, would warming them up help?

It would explain all the throws around my house from October – March.

proxieme
proxieme

lith – It makes me feel icky for having a soft spot for the breed.

My grandparents used to breed the big “old style” German Shepherds (very large – 100+ lbs, no sloping back/much less hip dysplasia, generally laid-back temperament) and the poor, patient souls would let me ride and climb all over them when I was a kid.

But, “Oh! You like them…hm.”

Kim
Kim

I found a cool cat blog recently too
comment image

Daily!

Lea
Lea

*slides around on her stomachfoot*

*snacks on neighbor’s basil*

*extends eye stalk*

I don’t see the problem with being viscous.

kevin
kevin

The ranting poster’s inability spell ‘vicious’ says it all about MRA’s really. How can somebody be so thick that they make posts with spelling errors/malaprops when they almost certainly have access to a spellchecker ? Try satire page ‘Britain Furst’ [sic] on Facebook, with their mockery of the bad spelling posted by knuckle – dragging racists if you fancy a laugh. .

lith
lith

proxieme:

You know, Hitler liked dogs…
Which reminds me, is there a practical reason for people on comment threads to get the last word or is it just a childish personal thing?
Not that I’ve seen anyone here do it (I always miss the troll times).
Oh wait, I have seen it here, there was Louise with the long hair and no tattoos fixation.

What I mean is, is that considered a win in a discussion? Now I’m writing it I realise you’d have to be an idiot to believe so. Okay, I’ll just be over here, apparently talking to myself. Nothing to see, move along.

Miss Andry
Reply to  jadebscarlett

@jadebscarlett

I find her more far more grating than funny.

blahlistic (@blahlistic)

The ranting poster’s inability spell ‘vicious’ says it all about MRA’s really

Love Being Right clearly possesses viscosity. He’s quite thick.

@kevin,

I suspect that this typo might be down to a failure to proofread before posting due to an over-reliance on spellcheck, which won’t red-underline words that are actually words, like viscous, and won’t green-underline perfectly grammatical sentences like “Women are viscous.” It kinda reminds me rouge angles of Satin.

Falconer

@childrenofthebroccoli:

My dad makes really good nachos. Mmm, nachos…

Good things about men, comics edition!
Mike Mignola is a really good artist, with a well-developed, moody style.
David Willis (of Shortpacked! and Dumbing of Age) seems like he gets it.
Jack Kirby had an engaging and prolific imagination, and his work is among the most beloved of all comics.

Bad things about women, comics edition!
… Nothing here, we need more women in comics!

@cassandrakitty:

Also, I am not viscous, which is useful because otherwise I’m not sure how I’d get my pants on. Sorry, dudes.

She was poured into her pants. It took three hours.

kevin
kevin

@ alaisvex: Same thing occurred to me, it’s why I also copied David calling it as a malaprop (and his post is far wittier about that.)

Biot (on a different browser this time)
Biot (on a different browser this time)

“Snailed it.” XD

A. Noyd
A. Noyd

Falconer sez:

Bad things about women, comics edition!
… Nothing here, we need more women in comics!

Well, Wendy Pini acts really condescending to fans of color while condoning blackface/brownface in cosplay. Also, her art has gone to shit in the last few decades.

Falconer

@A. Noyd, that’s really disappointing to hear.

alaisvex

Hm. Bad things about women?

Nicki Minaj used to hint strongly that she was bi (she’s not, she now says) in order to enhance her sex appeal. To be fair, though, she seems to have moved past queer-baiting and grown to be pretty awesome and funny. Plus, like a bunch of you have said, most criticisms of her are so racist and sexist that I feel morally obligated to defend her.

Iggy Azalea is racist but won’t condescend to admit it.

Kim Kardashian had to give birth to a mixed-race child before recognizing that racism still exists.

Bina

Bad things about women? Okay, here’s one:

Female MRAs exist.

alaisvex

Oh! E.L. James wrote a series of books that will probably worsen the situation for abused women everywhere and gets unreasonably defensive and self-pitying when people point this out to her.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Katie Hopkins is a universally reviled right-wing gobshite who pollutes the general public discourse with her bigoted, ignorant opinions, and the worst part is she’s paid to do do both on TV and in her own Sun column.

Edwina Curry made really condescending remarks about poor people literally starving on food bank assistance simply “not knowing how to cook”.

Theresa May is pushing Britain into more of a police state every week.

… Even aside from this, I actually find it kind of hard to think of women I hate, since I generally make it a policy not to hate women, or anyone else if I can help it. The only people I really despise are people with institutional power and influence who use it to make people’s lives really miserable (politicians, people with a national media platform).

I can think of loads of lovely things to say about men and women who are really awesome, though. Here are a few wonderful guys called David:

David Tennant is able to convey a wonderful range of emotions and will always be my definitive Doctor.

David Attenborough is King of the Nature Programme, for all the reasons stated in this song:

(And the four gents who wrote and performed that song comprise what is easily the best band in the whole region of West Yorkshire).

David Futrelle is bloody marvellous and an indispensable ally to the Feminist cause.

I guess on the cellular level, we are all kind of viscous… I mean, we’re all just singing meat after all. Squishy sacks of meat with a gooey centre… Makes me think of jelly babies.*

* Ooh, woman worthy of criticism – the strange person who came up with the twee little character names for Jelly Babies. I think her name was Julie something… My dad actually went out with her, before he met my mum.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

*should read “paid to do so”.

Her name was Julie Jones – might explain her penchant for painfully contrived alliteration. Not saying she’s a bad person, but her marketing concept was naff. Naff as anything.

Bina

Dreck writer, dreck person. Color me SOOOOOO shocked.

Theresa May is pushing Britain into more of a police state every week.

Oh, oh, oh! Canada’s turn:

Christie Blatchford, the Coultergeist of the North. And Barbara Amiel, who never met another woman that she couldn’t tear down…on Randroid flibbertigibbertarian terms, of course.

And of course, every woman in the Conservative government of Stephen Fucking Harper, because they mouth platitudes on the one hand while shoving women under the bus with the other.

See? Terrible things about women. Yes, we can say them, as long as the women in question are unquestionably terrible! And antifeminist wingnutty women usually are.

alaisvex

Yeah, E.L. James gets so upset when people say that her books contain domestic abuse because it’s trivializing to real domestic abuse victims or some such bullshit.

James says she “freaks out when she hears people say that her book encourages domestic violence. “Nothing freaks me out more than people who say this is about domestic abuse,” she says. “Bringing up my book in this context trivializes the issues, doing women who actually go through it a huge disservice. It also demonizes loads of women who enjoy this lifestyle, and ignores the many, many women who tell me they’ve found the books sexually empowering.”

And Jenny Trout, of course, has a great rebuttal: http://jennytrout.com/?p=966

weirwoodtreehugger

Remember when Barbara Bush insulted hurricane Katrina victims by saying that the deplorable conditions at the Super Dome were no different than what they what they were used to?

I don’t know if I’ve confessed this here before, but I’m distantly related to her and her detestable sons.

Falconer

Oh my god, WWTH, I’m so sorry.

I don’t remember that specifically, but I do remember she was really very terrible about the whole thing.

alaisvex

Shit. I forgot the specifics too. What a cruel, heartless, racist and classist thing to say.

Robert
Robert

Honey – my very favorite vomit!

The two chief men I would praise are my father and my husband. The first taught me how to be a man, the second showed me how good a man I could be.

Regarding women who are worthy of criticism, I would nominate ‘Dr.’ Alveda King. She has demonstrated, in my opinion, a lack of respect for other women’s choices, while fiercely condemning the discussion of her own lapses. Also, insisting that you be addressed as ‘Doctor’ on account of an honorary Ph.D. is petty, at best.

Bina

Oh mang, what an awful person to be related to. I take it you’re not close.

Bina

Also, how anyone can find muck about an abused woman putting up with endless amounts of shit “sexually empowering” is beyond me. Real BDSM, as I understand it (as I’m not a practitioner myself) is supposed to stop when the person uttering the safeword says to stop it. Fifty Shades of Dreck notably ignores that boundary.

Bina

Oh mang, what an awful person to be related to. I take it you’re not close.

PS: That’s in reference to Barbara Bush, of course.

alaisvex

That’s what I’ve heard as well, Bina. Also, I’m pretty sure that there’s no dimension of BDSM that includes stalking your partner and refusing to let him or her go anywhere unaccompanied by people whom you trust.

Bina

Stockings are kinky. Stalkings are perverted.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Don’t forget Barbara Bush saying she didn’t want to waste her “beautiful mind” dwelling on casualties and body bags from the Iraq War. Ugh.

WWTH – my condolences. I suspect the Bush sons inherited their heartlessness and general idiocy from their mother. We lived next door to George H.W. Bush’s sister growing up. On a personal level, they were lovely people and good neighbors, and you’d never suspect they had any connection to the Bush clan. But the fact that their family dynasty was financed in part by Prescott Bush’s dealings with Nazi-backed companies during WWII kind of overshadows the home-baked cookies and driveway hockey games.

weirwoodtreehugger

Definitely not close to the Bushes. They’re only distantly related. I never met them. My mom found out when she got on a genealogy kick. It was pretty awful. I’m glad we didn’t find out until after my grandmother died. She loathed George W Bush as much as I do.

eli
eli

It can come from both sides, Buttercup! I knew your neighbor’s niece 🙂 H.W.’s brother’s daughter. Knew her for years lol.